PDA

View Full Version : Argh we're all going to die! (Bird flu)

Daniel
3rd February 2007, 04:01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/6326587.stm

Not the best news I've ever seen on the BBC website :mark:

Captain VXR
3rd February 2007, 08:25
Bad news but I don't think this will ever turn onto an epidemic.

Hotbikerchic33
3rd February 2007, 08:33
Hey everyone's got to die sometime!!! :(
and if i die to today at least i will die very happy! :D :) :p :

Ian McC
3rd February 2007, 09:47
From what I've read it is not easy for bird flu to cross over to humans, the only thing really at risk is other birds.

Daniel
3rd February 2007, 11:05
That's what I think tbh Ian :) It could crossover now or in a 1000 years :) Either way I'm not that bothered. What happens happens!

Erki
3rd February 2007, 11:34
So does it mean Big Brother has already ended?

LeonBrooke
4th February 2007, 08:01
The problem is that H5N1 cannot spread from human to human yet consistently enough to make it a genuine threat.

But, if any of you die after contracting the virus from another human, let me know ;)

Hotbikerchic33
4th February 2007, 09:22
So does it mean Big Brother has already ended?

Big Brother will never end it will go on forever!!!
they will just stop doing the dreadful Celebrity Big Brother as thats Awful!! :(
but the Big Brother in the summer is awesome!!! :D :)

Dave B
4th February 2007, 17:41
Anybody want to buy 160,000 cheap turkeys? Boootiful :facelick:

AndySpeed
4th February 2007, 17:51
Not the best thread title Daniel. :rolleyes:

It's funny how bird flu disappeared from the news for a while but has come back and hit the headlines. Goes to show it it's unlikely to disappear with a simple solution.

jso1985
4th February 2007, 18:29
It might turn into a huge thing but what's the point of making everyone to panic? exactly like those stupid Discovery Channel documentaries about how a Volcano or a Tsunami can kill us in 5 seconds

Daniel
4th February 2007, 18:35
Not the best thread title Daniel. :rolleyes:

It's funny how bird flu disappeared from the news for a while but has come back and hit the headlines. Goes to show it it's unlikely to disappear with a simple solution.
Oh come on. I didn't say Britain to be wiped out within in the next 6 hours or something and I put bird flu in the title so people will know what it's about ;)

Tbh I think Bird Flu is going to be a constant irritation at least for the forseeable future. I don't think it will ever reach pandemic levels in birds or in humans. But that's just my opinion :)

jim mcglinchey
4th February 2007, 19:58
Anybody want to buy 160,000 cheap turkeys? Boootiful :facelick:

At least they got the christmas turkeys to market before this little setback. If it had happened about six weeks ago I think there would have been something missing from alot of peoples christmas dinner plates.

RaikkonenRules
4th February 2007, 21:41
Oh god not everyone being scared out their minds of bird flu again. No doubt their will be immature bird flu jokes at school tomorrow.

agwiii
4th February 2007, 21:55
Who wants to live forever?

AndySpeed
4th February 2007, 23:30

Atheists, perhaps.

agwiii
4th February 2007, 23:36
Atheists, perhaps.

I was thinking of vampires. Are they the same? :)

Hazell B
5th February 2007, 00:11
No agwiii, vampires are more fun :p :

Atheists just complain about church bells on sunday mornings.

agwiii
5th February 2007, 00:12
No agwiii, vampires are more fun :p :

Atheists just complain about church bells on sunday mornings.

:rotflmao:

Hazell, you are wonderful!

Thanks!

BeansBeansBeans
5th February 2007, 00:13

The cast of Fame.

agwiii
5th February 2007, 01:20
The cast of Fame.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oily oaf
7th February 2007, 06:32
I dunno you just can't win sometimes :(

Following the recent outbreak of Avian Flu the powers that be have asked the public to be extra vigilant and to report any sightings of dead birds immediately.

Having spotted quite a large number of them I quickly phoned DEFRA to inform them of my findings :)

Imagine my disgust when they slammed the phone down on me after I told them I was in the poultry aisle at Tescos :mad:

oily oaf
7th February 2007, 06:56
The cast of Fame.

Don't be so damned judgemental mate :mad:

Some of 'em only wanted to learn how to fly although that Italian muppet with hair like Kevin Keegan rather optimistically harboured aspirations of lighting up the sky like a flame :eek:

Personally I'm firmly of the opinion that the whole lot of 'em should have been herded into the New York School For Performing Arts before being burned face down in their leggings.

Make up a song about THAT ya pirouetting p0nces :vader:

Daniel
7th February 2007, 08:58
I dunno you just can't win sometimes :(

Following the recent outbreak of Avian Flu the powers that be have asked the public to be extra vigilant and to report any sightings of dead birds immediately.

Having spotted quite a large number of them I quickly phoned DEFRA to inform them of my findings :)

Imagine my disgust when they slammed the phone down on me after I told them I was in the poultry aisle at Tescos :mad:
The poultry aisle in Sainsbury's was rather full last night :mark:

LotusElise
7th February 2007, 09:37
There are dead pheasants all over the road on my way in to work - should I report them to Defra?

LeonBrooke
8th February 2007, 05:24
This should amuse everyone:

http://www.onemorelevel.com/games.php?game=445

It's a game where you play as a virus trying to wipe out the human race ;)