PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Eating That!

Hazell B
9th October 2008, 20:09
Ever found anything disgusting in your food?

I've got long fingernails, always have had. They're real, by the way :) However, this afternoon I happened to notice one wasn't long anymore. It was short. The half inch or so that's snapped off without me realising is probably in one of several hundred bags of wild bird peanuts, dog treat liver squares or one of the other pet foods I had spent the morning weighing up.

I just thank the Lord it wasn't food for humans :s

Eki
9th October 2008, 21:12
Ever found anything disgusting in your food?

I've got long fingernails, always have had. They're real, by the way :) However, this afternoon I happened to notice one wasn't long anymore. It was short. The half inch or so that's snapped off without me realising is probably in one of several hundred bags of wild bird peanuts, dog treat liver squares or one of the other pet foods I had spent the morning weighing up.

I just thank the Lord it wasn't food for humans :s
Karma will probaly take care that one day you'll find a dog nail, bird claw or a mouse tail in your Yorkshire Pudding.

Dave B
10th October 2008, 08:34
I found a dead wasp in my chips from a well known burger chain which I shall refrain from naming here (they're usually 'King nice though).

When I showed the woman at the counter she shrugged and said "well it is that time of year".

I can only assume it they were running one of those promotions where month-by-month you can build up your very own insect collection :\

jim mcglinchey
10th October 2008, 11:39
After mass one Sunday we went into the Parochial house for tea / cofee and cake served by lovely old dears, so it seemed a bit out of place when I drained ny cuppa to find a big pube at the bottom of my cup, and it was so big and thick that it was hard to see how the biddy serving either missed it in the cup before pouring, or it dropping into the cup as she poured. Oh well, it serves me right for some things that Ive done..

Hazell B
10th October 2008, 18:48
I found a dead wasp ....

Oddly enough, a customer was telling me the old "How much are the dead wasps? .... Well there's one in your window!" joke the other week, when I found one in a display full of dog chews :p :

He gave me 5p for it ... then began a certain Monty Python sketch until I paid him back :laugh: Gotta love my customers!

Anyway, the nail turned up while I was cleaning. Or at least somebody's nail turned up :mark:

Sleeper
12th October 2008, 20:28
Havnt found anything myself, but my dad found a caterpiller in his borcali several months ago, and just in time I might add.

Roamy
13th October 2008, 20:40
Hazel - How come my girlfriend always says this to me???

Dave B
14th October 2008, 17:00
How about a kebab from this shop:

A fast food shop owner was found preparing food while an employee's corpse lay nearby.

Police called to the Pappu Sweet Centre in Wolverhampton in August discovered the man's body on a sofa near the kitchen, magistrates in the city heard.

The business, owned by Jaswinder Singh, 45, was shut down immediately.

The council said it was one of the worst cases environmental health officers had seen. Mr Singh has been banned from running any food business.

The man's death was not suspicious, police said.

Flies on food

Wolverhampton Magistrates' Court heard about a long list of hygiene breaches at the Cannock Road shop.

The court was told that on 27 August a police officer had been called to a report of a dead man there.

A statement of facts, read out to the court, said: "Upon his arrival the officer observed a dead male lying on a sofa at the rear of the main kitchen.
"Sat opposite to him was Mr Singh who was preparing food, making kebabs."

Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/7669625.stm

AndySpeed
14th October 2008, 17:32
I was once chopping some vegetables and took out a small chunk of my finger (this was when my cooking was in its infancy). I never found it though, so can only assume I ate it :s It was only for me though, that's the positive!

Hazell B
15th October 2008, 20:16
How about a kebab from this shop:

I've never turned down a kebab in my life, so look forward to you buying Dave ;)

That was an offer, right? :p :

LotusElise
23rd October 2008, 21:30
I found some hair that wasn't mine in a bought sandwich once. The shop wouldn't give me my money back.

Dave B
24th October 2008, 18:14
I've never turned down a kebab in my life, so look forward to you buying Dave ;)

That was an offer, right? :p :

Anytime you're in Kent. Chocolate eclair with it? :facelick:

Hazell B
24th October 2008, 19:31
Chocolate eclair with it? :facelick:

No, it was fake cream last time :mark:

Had no less than 3 doners this week. The smell of garlic in this house is overpowering :)
To be fair, I only paid for one doner, but the kebab shop owner's trying to fatten me up and gave me three. Is there some Turkish festival needing a chubby redhead to sacrifice, that I don't know about? :eek:

Back to disgusting stuff in food - we've just started to sell sausages made for dog treats. They have a higher meat content than the human legal minimum ..... which makes those 2p ASAD bangers look rather more like the dog's dinner than a real dog dinner!