PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLI

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 16:18
What special events, parties, foods, drinks, etc. you have planned for this weekend?

Oh yes, and who do you expect to win: the Bears or the Colts?

http://www.superbowl.com/

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 16:20
Mods - Would you please create a poll for Superbowl XLI? The two choices should be:

Bears
Colts

Thanks!

harvick#1
3rd February 2007, 02:55
I hope the Colts so I can finally stop hearing the stupid Bears crap all week long :mad:

DocF225
3rd February 2007, 04:49
I'm takin the Bears and the 7 points and betting the "under" on the O/U.

Not that I really like the Bears.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd February 2007, 06:17
I would bet on the Bears too, Indy is NOT 7 points better, but I do think they will win. They say in Vegas you shouldn't bet on a team to lose by just a bit, but in this case, with that twit Grossman, it is justified.

As for what Iam doing Sunday, I will watch it with my folks, eat lots of Chinese food. It is dad's 70th birthday, and the next day I have to hit the road for 5 to 7 days in the truck, so I am going to enjoy myself.....

3-wide
4th February 2007, 14:16
As a disappointed Patriots fan, I will begrudgingly watch the game alone and frankly, hope neither team wins.

;)

agwiii
4th February 2007, 14:26
What a fascinating poll to follow. I guess I need to explain more of what was being requested.

What special events, parties, foods, drinks, etc. you have planned for this weekend?

It is an atypical day here, misting/drizzle and heading for a high of only 72 according to the weather channel. I am hoping the rain blows off in time for things to dry out and give us a good setting for the game.

This cold weather moves us away from the typical habanero salsa and chips toward something more substantial. I've got some chili going with a nice mix of serranos and habaneros to give it the appropriate heat.

jso1985
4th February 2007, 18:36
the only day in the year when I watch American Handball!
I know almost nothing about this particular sport so I'm hoping the Colts win, just because Indianapolis is the home of that oval you have probably heard of

xtlm
4th February 2007, 21:08
Manning deserves to win...I say colts

agwiii
4th February 2007, 21:48
Ok, so the mobs were hounding me for my salsa. Since we're technologically limited here and you cannot taste it, I'll show you how to make it!

Simple Mango Salsa

4 ripe mangos -- diced ¼ inch (or smaller)

1 large yellow onion (Vidalia if available) -- chopped ¼ inch (or smaller)2 Red Savina Habanero chili -- roasted, skinned, de-seeded and chopped very fine.

2 Yellow Scotch Bonnet chili -- roasted, skinned, de-seeded and chopped very fine.

2 Red Anaheim chili -- roasted, skinned, de-seeded and chopped very fine.

2 Jalapeno chili -- roasted, skinned, de-seeded and chopped very fine. (Use red Jalapeno’s if you can find them. The flavor is better as is the color.)
juice of 1 lime
½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste.

Let it sit overnight in a glass bowl so the flavors can marry. Much better than the red salsas! Caution: This is a hot salsa.

Options:

1) You may also add one or more diced peaches or nectarines – to taste.
2) You may also add several finely diced and seeded plum tomatoes – to taste.

Placid
5th February 2007, 04:03
I bet T-Rex will be extinct after XLI. Who is the best QB available in the Free Agent Market besides Griese?

canada
5th February 2007, 06:05
I bet T-Rex will be extinct after XLI. Who is the best QB available in the Free Agent Market besides Griese?

Makes you wonder why Griese didn't play. I mean Grossman? Come on...

jso1985
5th February 2007, 20:39
Endep up cheering for Chicago but anyway the Colts played great that Manning dude was just incredible

BrentJackson
5th February 2007, 20:42
The Colts had that one in the bag by the time they took the lead in the second quarter. Well done to the winners of Super Bowl XLI, the Indianapolis Colts.

harvick#1
5th February 2007, 22:51
Makes you wonder why Griese didn't play. I mean Grossman? Come on...

they should've played Kyle Orton :D