PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari and 2011

Areez2006
8th October 2008, 21:56
People say Ferrari are now more eager than ever to sign the young German, and yes he is very good (winning GPs in midfield cars and all). But to me, it seems like it doesn't really matter who they sign, because amongst these drivers who wouldn't do well in a Ferrari? I guess what I'm trying to say is who's to say Kubica or Alonso won't win more/less GPs in a Ferrari. Even with these rule changes coming, I can't see Ferrari falling back to their pre-Schumacher days, so hell why not give Trulli, Bourdais, or even Heidfeld a jump?

I'm not bashing Massa or Raikkonen either, as I happen to be a fan of both

ShiftingGears
9th October 2008, 01:20
Because top teams want top drivers.

Hawkmoon
9th October 2008, 03:07
Because when you're a top team like Ferrari you can attract the best drivers. Why give a drive to a journeyman when you can give it one of the brightest young talents on the grid?

If Ferrari want the best they have the desirablilty and money to get him. Why settle for anything less?

aryan
9th October 2008, 06:32
, I can't see Ferrari falling back to their pre-Schumacher days, so hell why not give Trulli, Bourdais, or even Heidfeld a jump?

Yeah. On the same note, why don't they give you the team principal's position? :rolleyes:

ioan
9th October 2008, 09:54
Yeah. On the same note, why don't they give you the team principal's position? :rolleyes:

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea, after all we saw this year.

jens
9th October 2008, 14:14
Even with these rule changes coming, I can't see Ferrari falling back to their pre-Schumacher days, so hell why not give Trulli, Bourdais, or even Heidfeld a jump?

I wouldn't mind seeing Trulli finally in a top car in a Ferrari. :D

Anyway, IMO Vettel's and Ferrari's combination sounds very interesting. It would be a shame to see him wasting his talent in a midfield Red Bull for multiple seasons.

Areez2006
9th October 2008, 20:37

hmm...I could do it, it's not hard. If I get in trouble all I have to do is dial "F" for Ferrari International Assistance and I'll be fine.

philipbain
11th October 2008, 17:17
Because top teams want top drivers.

Interesting that one, I wouldnt have described Eddie Irvine, Rubens Barrichello or Felipe Massa (at least when they all joined Ferrari) as "top" drivers. What Ferrari really want and have always really wanted is the best driver available and a capable backup man that can pick up the pieces on a day when thier top man hits toruble and score points towards the constructors whilst taking them away from thier rivals. This season this plan has gone to pot of Raikonnen has become inconsistant whilst Massa has cleaned up, meaning Raikonnen is in a riding shotgun role that he is obviously not happy with. How effective he will be in this role only time will tell, Schumacher made a fantastic backup man when it was needed, which was once - the end of the '99 season when he came back from breaking his leg to assist Eddie Irvine's quest for the championship. It'll be interesting to see if Raikonnen is quite as effective, I somehow doubt it, he isnt quite the "team player" that Schumi was.

CaptainRaiden
11th October 2008, 19:38
I think Vettel is more likely to get picked by Mclaren or BMW than Ferrari, since the scarlet's team drivers are booked until 2010. I am damn sure that one of the big teams are gonna buy out Vettel's contract from Red Bull, because it would be just a crime to see him wasting his talent in a Red Bull, like jens said. I don't think he is gonna spend more time at Red Bull than the end of next year.

It would make sense for Mercedes to have him, and would be the same with BMW. Anyway Mario Theissen has always been a fan of him, plus I won't be surprised if Ron Dennis is also having a keen look, since Kovi isn't performing that well. I mean what could be better for Mclaren-Mercedes than having a British and German driver pairing?

Big Ben
11th October 2008, 20:26
he isnt quite the "team player" that Schumi was.

oh boy... what can one read on the internet. Hilarious!

Roamy
11th October 2008, 22:50
oh boy... what can one read on the internet. Hilarious!

well he certainly was a team player

Team: Me Me Me I I I Me Me Me

Valve Bounce
11th October 2008, 22:57
People say Ferrari are now more eager than ever to sign the young German, and yes he is very good (winning GPs in midfield cars and all). But to me, it seems like it doesn't really matter who they sign, because amongst these drivers who wouldn't do well in a Ferrari? I guess what I'm trying to say is who's to say Kubica or Alonso won't win more/less GPs in a Ferrari. Even with these rule changes coming, I can't see Ferrari falling back to their pre-Schumacher days, so hell why not give Trulli, Bourdais, or even Heidfeld a jump?

I'm not bashing Massa or Raikkonen either, as I happen to be a fan of both

I agree - give bunsen a go!!

ioan
12th October 2008, 08:55
I agree - give bunsen a go!!

:rotflmao:

philipbain
12th October 2008, 13:42
well he certainly was a team player

Team: Me Me Me I I I Me Me Me

I stand by my comment that Schumi was a team player, in the sense that he would do anything for the team that would ultimately benefit himself, after all, he built the team around him to get the best result possible, not a team player in the sense that me would go out of his way to benefit his team mate if he still had an opportunity - god no!

ioan
12th October 2008, 13:57
I stand by my comment that Schumi was a team player, in the sense that he would do anything for the team that would ultimately benefit himself, after all, he built the team around him to get the best result possible, not a team player in the sense that me would go out of his way to benefit his team mate if he still had an opportunity - god no!

That's why he gave up on the win in the '99 Malaysian GP! :rolleyes:
Oh those facts, how happy some would be if facts wouldn't exist. :laugh:

christophulus
12th October 2008, 14:01
That's why he gave up on the win in the '99 Malaysian GP! :rolleyes:
Oh those facts, how happy some would be if facts wouldn't exist. :laugh:

...but Schumacher didn't have a chance to win the title that year, so he gave the victory to Irvine. Made no difference in the end

ioan
12th October 2008, 14:10
...but Schumacher didn't have a chance to win the title that year, so he gave the victory to Irvine. Made no difference in the end

Yes but doing so he was a team player, and those I was replying to were saying that wasn't the case.