PDA

View Full Version : Somalia Pirates

Hondo
6th October 2008, 10:38
If I were a Somalia pirate, I'd strongly consider giving the Russians their cargo ship back before that Russian frigate arrives on the scene. The Russians usually don't concern themselves too much about hostages being killed or injured.

I think the Russians intend to make a dent in the pirate population as another step in re-establishing themselves as a world power while the rest of the world sits around wringing their hands making feeble protests.

Maybe, in order to aid their "wipe the nation off the map" campaign, Iran could practice on Somalia.

jim mcglinchey
6th October 2008, 14:16
Number Crunching:
$20 million: Price demanded by Somali pirates as ransom for return of Russian Ship
$32 million: Price demanded by Johnny Depp to star in Pirates of The Carribean 4.
Just remind me who's the rogue.

Daniel
6th October 2008, 15:15
It's piracy Jim, but not as we know it :p

There's Somalians on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow........

Sorry couldn't help it! :p

TOgoFASTER
6th October 2008, 15:33
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_SOMALIA_PIRACY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Roamy
6th October 2008, 15:55
well the facts that a few pukes can pirate a large ship with tiny fishing boats just show you what a sorry state the world is in. A used 50 cal would have handled this situation nicely.

Daniel
6th October 2008, 16:11
It wasn't just a few of them. They say there were a hundred or so pirates.

Roamy
6th October 2008, 16:53
A few of the following and I can assure you a the little boats would be hauling ass the other direction

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8236721447208971922

Hondo
6th October 2008, 20:19
It wasn't just a few of them. They say there were a hundred or so pirates.

Thats what I would have said too, if 20 guys took my boat away from me.

A.F.F.
6th October 2008, 22:07
Thats what I would have said too, if 20 guys took my boat away from me.

:laugh: :up:

ShiftingGears
7th October 2008, 00:25
An interesting statistic. It can't be coincidental.

http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.gif

TOgoFASTER
7th October 2008, 00:36
Arrgh.
Got me 50 cal at the Mogadishu arms bazaar.
Some Ethiopians had a hell of a deal.

Hawkmoon
7th October 2008, 02:00
I love the way that as soon as somebody mentions pirates, Google ads shows me ads for Pirates of Carribean ringtones. Dont you just love the Internet?

I agree with Fiero. The Americans have been sailing around watching the pirates since they did their little act of pirateing. The Russians don't have the patience. I think the pirates need to give the boat back otherwise they'll be getting some first hand knowledge of whether Davy Jones is real or just a myth.

Rollo
7th October 2008, 03:30
http://www.davidjones.com.au/about/story_of_djs.jsp

David Jones is not only Australia's oldest department store, but the oldest department store in the world still trading under its original name.

I can tell you, that their HR department located in the Elizabeth St store on Level 8, does indeed have lockers...

Roamy
7th October 2008, 07:27
I love the way that as soon as somebody mentions pirates, Google ads shows me ads for Pirates of Carribean ringtones. Dont you just love the Internet?

I agree with Fiero. The Americans have been sailing around watching the pirates since they did their little act of pirateing. The Russians don't have the patience. I think the pirates need to give the boat back otherwise they'll be getting some first hand knowledge of whether Davy Jones is real or just a myth.

Hawk - it ain't our sh!t so we are just making sure it doesn't go to shore until the russians get there to deal with it. I would imagine they will blow the sh!t out of them as soon as they arrive. But one hell of a slow boat those Russians have.

jim mcglinchey
7th October 2008, 08:31
Hawk - sure . But one hell of a slow boat those Russians have.

Those Rooskies have probably seen Black Hawk Down, and maybe theyre just deliberating on it.

Daniel
7th October 2008, 08:47
Perhaps they're not badass enough?

janneppi
7th October 2008, 09:37
well the facts that a few pukes can pirate a large ship with tiny fishing boats just show you what a sorry state the world is in. A used 50 cal would have handled this situation nicely.
They propably should buy them directly from the pirates, I bet they have plenty of those lying around and attached on their boats, heck you might even find a good deal on a crate of RPG's. ;)

Daniel
7th October 2008, 09:53
Man! RPG's would be so kickass for home defence. You could blow people up if they even try to drive past your house. That'll learn em for trying to home invade you!

Hondo
8th October 2008, 04:10
Man! RPG's would be so kickass for home defence. You could blow people up if they even try to drive past your house. That'll learn em for trying to home invade you!

Nah, the back blast chars your carpet and walls. Thats why I quit using them.

Roamy
8th October 2008, 16:19
home defense you ask.
I just got mine!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c