PDA

View Full Version : Andrew jordan in a vectra next season

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 16:01
Might be a repost but can't see it any where. Just read Andrews going to be in a Team euro tech vectra next season with support from tripple 8. Surely going to be at the front more than his was this season now.

AndySpeed
30th September 2008, 16:02
Where did you read this?

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 16:04
Just got an email at work. I work for Pirtek and they send news about the team when it happens

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 16:04
Let me see if i can copy and paste it in a sec. Might be in the bosses emails so might not be able to.

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 16:13
Dear All
We just wanted to let all of our friends and supporters at Pirtek know the good news before it is officially released to the press on Wednesday so here it is :-[

Jordan to race Vauxhall Vectra in 2009

Andrew Jordan will race a Vauxhall Vectra in the 2009 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship, with success in the Independents' Trophy as his prime target.
On the back of a tremendous debut season in the BTCC, Jordan, who will still be only 19 years old when the 2009 season starts, will race a Vauxhall Vectra run by Team Eurotech, managed by his father Mike and with assistance from Triple Eight Race Engineering."ts is an unbelievable opportunity," said Andrew, who claimed two overall podium finishes and two Independent wins for Pirtek in his debut BTCC season. "The chance to drive the best Super 2000 car in the BTCC is an awesome opportunity for me, and I certainly intend to make the absolute most out of it. I can't quite get over the fact that I've gone from Junior Rallycross to a Triple Eight built Vauxhall Vectra in five years. is going to be a very big year for me and I want to do my best for everyone involved. It definitely gives me the chance to win races and my target for the year is to score a race win and really challenge for the Independents' Trophy

Ian Harrison of Triple Eight Race Engineering said: "It's great that a young upcoming driver like Andrew has decided on the Vauxhall Vectra for the next stage of his career, and Triple Eight will be giving him as much assistance as we can within the framework of the Independents' Trophy regulationsJordan senior has decided to call time on his own BTCC racing career in order to focus on managing the programme. "I knew it was inevitable that I would eventually swap my crash helmet for a headset, but I couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy for the chance that Andrew has got at 19," said Mike

On the day we signed the deal with Triple Eight, it was almost exactly five years to the day that we went to collect Andrew's first competition car, his rallycross Mini" said Jordan senior. "It's been an incredible journey to get here and I can't wait to see how this next chapter in his career unfolds

I'm hugely excited about our programme for 2009. This is amazing opportunity for all our commercial partners and I look forward to discussing this with everyone at Pirtek shortly.

Best regards

Mike Jordan

Team Eurotech

LiamM
30th September 2008, 17:27
I get the feeling you weren't supposed to tell us that.....

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 17:52
I get the feeling you weren't supposed to tell us that.....

Why? it's not a secret just not officially released to the press until tomorrow

VkmSpouge
30th September 2008, 18:51
If he wasn't meant to post it they would never have emailed it out to lots of people.

Assuming this is all genuine (no offence intended rwdvectra) it is very good news for Andrew Jordan to be in a Vauxhall Vectra. The Vectra is a great car (ugly as sin) and I was wondering when it would fall into privateer hands. Shame no Mike Jordan racing next year.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th September 2008, 19:38
A Vectra in Eurotech colours! Might look good.

rwdvectra
30th September 2008, 19:46
If he wasn't meant to post it they would never have emailed it out to lots of people.

Assuming this is all genuine (no offence intended rwdvectra) it is very good news for Andrew Jordan to be in a Vauxhall Vectra. The Vectra is a great car (ugly as sin) and I was wondering when it would fall into privateer hands. Shame no Mike Jordan racing next year.

Well if it turns out to be a fake i'm going to look pretty stupid lol. It's come staright out the work email so it's gen. I'm also trying to picture the vectra in euro-tech colours. looking forward to seeing it :s mokin:

Allyc85
30th September 2008, 20:08
Its got to look much better than the VXR paint job at least lol :D

m.lowe
1st October 2008, 00:46
I was told the same news through a Rallycross contact so I guess it could well be true

Dickie L'Amour
1st October 2008, 10:02
Now confirmed on btcc.net. Provided the team gets to grips with the car quickly then Andrew has the potential to be very strong next year after what has been a very impressive first season.

Dave B
1st October 2008, 10:52
It's a great move but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that he hasn't got a works drive.

Forum Buddy
1st October 2008, 11:01
Here is another link via team Eurotech website

http://www.teameurotech.co.uk/news.html

Robinho
1st October 2008, 12:54
great news, think its got to be a better move than Halford in the Civic which most were tipping, i don't think the Civic is going to get much closer to the front after 2 years of development, unless Honda come on board properly with some big money (unlikely).

Eurotech have proved to be a highly competent outfit, the team has good knowledge of all the circuits, Andrew has a full (successful) year behind him and they are getting a genuine race and championship winning car. if they get decent support in at least setting up the Vectra i can see Andrew being right up there with Turkington, Jones and Jackson for the Indie title (assuming all those continue with their current teams)

AndySpeed
1st October 2008, 13:23
It's a great move but I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that he hasn't got a works drive.

Slightly, but remember he is still only 19 years old with only one season of racing to his name. He'll surely only get better and what better way to continue to learn than with a top-spec new Vectra.

Allyc85
1st October 2008, 16:06
I think its better that hes not being rushed into a works drive. Next year he can learn even more with out the pressure of having to get points for the manufacturers championship.

VX_Rules
1st October 2008, 16:08
This is great news for a number of reasons!

Its good to see a Vectra out there in the privateer field! Looks like Vauxhall (within regulations) want the other championships they dont win! The independants! And Andy will do a great job with the tank, and I reckon it will look spot on with the livery they choose for it. I only wish they were a father and son team for at least one more year :(

But good luck all the best Andy!

Team Eurotech for 2009 Indy Double Champs I say!

:D

m0rk
1st October 2008, 18:44
I think its better that hes not being rushed into a works drive. Next year he can learn even more with out the pressure of having to get points for the manufacturers championship.

You mean it's good that his dad didn't just buy a drive like Luke Hines, T-OC, Tom Chilton? None of which were doing anything apart from making up the numbers on the team, with a cheque

Credit to him though, he's got heaps more talent than the aforementioned

VkmSpouge
1st October 2008, 19:17
You mean it's good that his dad didn't just buy a drive like Luke Hines, T-OC, Tom Chilton? None of which were doing anything apart from making up the numbers on the team, with a cheque

Be fair to Tom Onslow-Cole he had a pretty good season, just needs to be more consistent.

Les
2nd October 2008, 06:07

huh? I certainly would not say TOC is just making up the numbers

m0rk
2nd October 2008, 06:54
huh? I certainly would not say TOC is just making up the numbers

did he contribute much to the manufacturers crown?

AndySpeed
2nd October 2008, 10:00
did he contribute much to the manufacturers crown?

A similar amount to Matt Neal. It's hard to compare though, since he was part of the only team with 3 identical cars, of which only two would score for the manufacturers.

VXRDartford
2nd October 2008, 11:16
didn't Vauxhall nominate the two drivers that would score manufacturer points at the beginning of the season?

just seen a mockup of a john guest liveried vectra in autosport mag. Looks v nice

jackmarsh
2nd October 2008, 18:32
another side issue, not that it means anything but just to clear something up - chilton was a paid drive.

VX_Rules
2nd October 2008, 22:44
Cant believe the comment on Tom this season. So your saying anyone who is below 7th in the standings is merely making up numbers within teams too? :confused:

Dave B
3rd October 2008, 10:18
I think the problem is (and has always been) that a comparative youngster in a team against a world-class driver is always going to look somewhat ordinary at times, even when they put in the occasional brilliant performance.

O'Neill had it at Vauxhall against Muller and Thompson; Chilton and O-C had the same issue with Giovanardi. Pickford and Hines had similar situations at SEAT with Plato.

They're far from "making up the numbers".

wedge
3rd October 2008, 11:08

IMO TOC had a solid rookie year with VXR. He's done a better job than Chilton last year, either been there or there abouts up against Gio. He's young so inconsistency is expected. Just need more consistency over time.

Eurotech
11th October 2008, 19:42
I think he was very consistent and Matt Neal was lucky to keep his drive for this year.

VX_Rules
11th October 2008, 21:25
did he [Toc] contribute much to the manufacturers crown?

I'll think you will find that a Manufacturer can nominate a maximum of three cars to score points for the manufacturers titles, but Teams may only nominate two driver to score points for the Team championship...

Therefore YES Toc made a considerable contribution. And depending on when Toc had been nominated at certain races, may I had, he achieved two pole positions from qualifying, more than any other car other than a Diesel Seat, meaning the best qualifying Vauxhall. Not only this, but he had two race wins this season to Matt Neals 1.

Even though Matt Neal totally outscored Toc, He got well and truly out shined by the youngster. Who one day, will definately be the BTCC Champion. Its just a matter of when, not if.

LiamM
12th October 2008, 10:18
Alan Gow mentioned on his forum a bit ago that VX had never nominated TOC for the manufacturers championship - it was always Gio and Neal

EavesFan09
12th October 2008, 10:38
I think next season if TOC keeps his seat VXR may consider nominating Tom instead of Mat.

I know anyone can do well if they are in a strong VXR they are that strong and competitive as a team and SSUK never really were red-hot favourites to win the Drivers Trophy this season for me, but from what I saw of TOC this season I think I did see a much better to the one that drove for WSR. I see him getting better before long.

VX_Rules
12th October 2008, 12:40
Alan Gow mentioned on his forum a bit ago that VX had never nominated TOC for the manufacturers championship - it was always Gio and Neal

Are you sure?
I don't know personally but VXR scored 697 points, thats an average of 23.3 points per race. Thats alot, almost a first and third every race, when we know this didnt happen as SEAT were very strong.

Also, I found this on the regulations page:

BTCC CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MANUFACTURERS Points are awarded to a maximum of three nominated cars of the same make, provided they are listed as a classified finisher in the final results. Points are awarded as per the BTCC Drivers Championship, but without additional points for Pole Position, Fastest Lap or leading a race. Manufacturers must nominate their three points-scoring cars at or before the drivers briefing at each race meeting.

LiamM
12th October 2008, 19:12
Are you sure?
I don't know personally but VXR scored 697 points, thats an average of 23.3 points per race. Thats alot, almost a first and third every race, when we know this didnt happen as SEAT were very strong.

Also, I found this on the regulations page:

I'm 95% sure thats what he said, whether it was for the manufacturers title may be a different story tho

EDIT: Probably talking about the Teams Championship

Alfa Fan
12th October 2008, 19:30
Are you sure?

Ah, but they did. As only manufacturer cars count for the points afair. So if the finishing order was:

Plato
Turner
Shedden
Chilton
Jones
Jackson
Turkington
Jelley
Kane
Collard
Giovanardi
Neal

Vauxhall would stil get points for 3rd & 4th.

AndySpeed
12th October 2008, 19:39
Which is why multiple DNF's in a manufacturers championship with only 2 teams participating is an absolute disaster.

VX_Rules
12th October 2008, 20:12
Yeah I understand both of your points, but I still think that Vauxhall nominated 3 cars as this is what rules allow?

Anyway, at this current moment in time, this is a pointless conversation.

IT_WASN'T_ME
13th October 2008, 16:45
Just to confirm a point. The regulation that has been quoted on this forum is out of date. The 2008 regulations specify (1.6.3) "Points will be awarded to a maximum of 2 nominated S2000 cars (see CR 5.1) of the same make provided they are listed as a classified finisher in the final results. A manufacturer must nominate a maximum of 2 cars in writing at or before the drivers briefing at each meeting of the Championship. ----".

I believe T O/C was nominated as one of those cars in the latter meetings of the season.

VX_Rules
13th October 2008, 18:03
Thanks for that clarification.

BDunnell
13th October 2008, 21:17
I think the problem is (and has always been) that a comparative youngster in a team against a world-class driver is always going to look somewhat ordinary at times, even when they put in the occasional brilliant performance.

O'Neill had it at Vauxhall against Muller and Thompson; Chilton and O-C had the same issue with Giovanardi. Pickford and Hines had similar situations at SEAT with Plato.

They're far from "making up the numbers".

I agree, though I would still distinguish between the individual performances of those drivers. In my opinion, Onslow-Cole was more of a match for his VX team-mates than Chilton was against Giovanardi, just as Jelley was less of a match for Turkington. In fact, I'd have given O-C the second Vauxhall seat over Neal for 2009, so much did he impress me — more than did Pickford and Hines at SEAT.

Eurotech
14th October 2008, 19:53
Who one day, will definately be the BTCC Champion. Its just a matter of when, not if.
This was said about Tom Chilton and you know what happened to him....

AndySpeed
14th October 2008, 21:00
This was said about Tom Chilton and you know what happened to him....

It's still possible you know, it took Matt Neal 15 years to get his first championship...

VX_Rules
14th October 2008, 22:34
They are two youngs, Chilton of whom, has nearly more experience than the majority of guys out there oddly enough, and I can see the title battle between the Toms one day, once Gio, Neal and Plato have moved over. Someones got to be the Gio's Neal's and Plato's of the future...

wedge
14th October 2008, 23:13
It's still possible you know, it took Matt Neal 15 years to get his first championship...

But Neal was solid driver in Independts. It's often been said he never got a works drive in the Super Touring era because of his lanky frame.

Matt Jackson, TOC, Turkington and maybe Adam Jones (if he jumps into a better team) are solid bets on the future.

Eurotech
16th October 2008, 17:05
has nearly more experience than the majority of guys out there oddly enough
Strangely, Chilton has actually more BTCC experience than the likes of Turkington (by 2 races), Jackson, Turner, Jones, Shedden and even Giovanardi......

AndySpeed
8th January 2009, 11:22
Things go from good to even better for Jordan, as it seems he will not be racing a Team Eurotech Vectra but a works VX Racing one.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72656

LiamM
8th January 2009, 11:25
Things go from good to even better for Jordan, as it seems he will not be racing a Team Eurotech Vectra but a works VX Racing one.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72656

This does beg the question what of Mike Jordan now? He stood down so Andrew could race a good S2000 car for Team Eurotech, but obviously now that isn't happening. Obviously the third seat at VX is a pay seat, but do we think Mike could put an appearance in again?

mattie007
8th January 2009, 12:07
Just what I was thinking.
Did Eurotech buy a Vectra, or will Andy get a new 888 one?

BDunnell
8th January 2009, 13:37
This is indeed most intriguing! Hopefully these questions will be answered soon enough.

Vez
8th January 2009, 22:44
This is from Crash.net:
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/173044-0/jordan_completes_vauxhall_line-up.html

Though it doesn't say what Mike will be doing.

wedge
9th January 2009, 11:56
But what happens to TOC? I know its an up-and-comer swapped for another but I feel a bit sorry for TOC. I suppose that's motor racing for you.

LiamM
9th January 2009, 11:58
But what happens to TOC? I know its an up-and-comer swapped for another but I feel a bit sorry for TOC. I suppose that's motor racing for you.

There's plenty of other seats for him to fill TD could be a real possibility now

BTCC2
10th January 2009, 23:35
I've got my money on Arena for him.

Vez
11th January 2009, 12:14
Some more articles from Crash.net:

Q&A with Mike Jordan
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/173117-0/mike_jordan__q&a,_exclusive.html

Q&A with Andrew Jordan
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/173113-0/andrew_jordan_qa_exclusive.html

Eurotech Downsizes
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/173116-0/eurotech_downsizes,_rebrands_for_'09.html

Still nothing about where T O-C is going either on Crash.net or btcc.net.

Northern Monkey
11th January 2009, 13:24
He doesn't know where he is going yet

Allyc85
11th January 2009, 13:45
And theres still a long time till the start of the season.

VX_Rules
11th January 2009, 21:14
Everyones keeping their cards very close to their chest this season! Normally we know more by now!

BDunnell
11th January 2009, 21:29
Everyones keeping their cards very close to their chest this season! Normally we know more by now!

I suspect the economic situation is making it harder for drivers and teams to put together the necessary funding.

tdb
12th January 2009, 21:57
Though it doesn't say what Mike will be doing.

I beleive Mike will be racing in another championship in a car new to the uk.

LiamM
12th January 2009, 22:12
Mike will be concentrating on his new venture JordanSport, coaching young drivers etc, although he has expressed an interest with the odd Britcar round