PDA

View Full Version : (Scusa Il Ritardo) Congratulations To Rossi !!!

alfa155btcc
29th September 2008, 19:28
Just wantted to start a Thread as i have not seen one and thought it needed to be done.

Congratulations to Rossi for winning his 6th Moto Gp Title and 8th all in all with his previous 125 and 250 Championships. Just to think since he won his first 125 cc World Championship it has been 11 years till this one what a record and also to beat Giacomo Agostini`s record of 69 wins with now 70 unbelievable, and would bet against him getting number 71 at one of his favourite tracks Phillip Island, must say one of my favourite tracks.

Did like his T Shirt which translated to english meant sorry for the delay. I`m guessing that his after race celebrations where he was siging a new AGV Helmet might have something to do with him being promised from his home village that if he was champion this year they would make him Mayor for the day LOL.

Just think that i had to start this thread as i dont think he gets enough recognition on this Forum, i get the feeling people think he is the Michael Schumacher of Moto Gp, that he is not only cause he has been Champion so many times but that is where the similarity ends. He is not only very strong physically but also the stringest rider out there mentally by far.

A Big Congratulations to "The Doctor" Well Done for me now the Best Ever Rider on a Motorcycle ever .

:D :s mokin: :rolleyes: :s mokin: :rolleyes:

Corny
29th September 2008, 20:27
brilliant indeed.. He's so much more than a rider

Allyc85
29th September 2008, 20:34
Total legend on and off the track, its not just his success that makes him so popular.

ChrisS
29th September 2008, 21:23
He is a legend. He had to up his game like never before this season and he came through.

I didnt get his helmet signing celebration but the fact that Dorna placed a camera on the pen shows how much of a big deal his celebrations are for MotoGP

jonny hurlock
29th September 2008, 22:15
to the goat (rossi nick name created by colin edwards) , for winning a well earned motogp championship.

The Phantom
30th September 2008, 03:35
Rossi is the man! Congratulations to Rossi, JB and all of the team.

30th September 2008, 06:15
There was a post early in the 07 season which said that he'd had his day. Most of us knew better.

Kim.Shaw
30th September 2008, 08:35
Congratulations to him!
A brilliant season!

Wim_Impreza
30th September 2008, 19:54
I am not a fan, but I must say he did a fantastic job this season. Well done, Rossi.

@ Kim.Shaw: welcome on this forum.

Corny
30th September 2008, 20:18
There was a post early in the 07 season which said that he'd had his day. Most of us knew better.I'm afraid that was me :(

1st October 2008, 02:40
I'm afraid that was me :(

;)

NinjaMaster
2nd October 2008, 09:32
Just think that i had to start this thread as i dont think he gets enough recognition on this Forum, i get the feeling people think he is the Michael Schumacher of Moto Gp, that he is not only cause he has been Champion so many times but that is where the similarity ends.

That's probably a fair point. I haven't been much of a fan of his for probably 4 or 5 years now but I admire him enormously for his talent and achievements. As mentioned by ChrisS, Rossi had to raise his game to a completely new level this year against the strongest competition he's ever had to face and he did it with aplomb. If he wasn't a legend before (as if he wasn't :D ) he's definately elevated into MotoGP immortal status now.

Congrats Vale on a tremendous achievement.

Triumph
5th October 2008, 23:17
Yes, well done to Valentino Rossi. Glad to see him back in his customary position!

alfa155btcc
9th October 2008, 13:50
I'm afraid that was me :(

Ciao Corny, if i remember rightly your were`nt the only one, LOL, here is too a great 2009 season as i am sure it will be, and even for Rossi think he will have to lift his game again.

Thought his 2nd in Phillip Island was almost as good as some of his wins, reminds me of the days when he use to qualify almost last and still win, great work by Toseland for making it harder for the Doctor.

What a Great Champion he is (Rossi) and lots of respect to Stoner after Motegi nuff espect.
:D :s mokin: :D :s mokin:

Ghostwalker
16th October 2008, 21:29
i read that Rossi will be honoured in his hometown. The local politicians has decided to lower the speed limits from 50km/h to 46 km/h. :D

MrJan
16th October 2008, 22:07
i read that Rossi will be honoured in his hometown. The local politicians has decided to lower the speed limits from 50km/h to 46 km/h. :D

Is that genuine or just a joke? Be awesome if they actually did that, the best homage ever, although the locals will be happy that he didn't choose to use Sheene's number :D :D :D

Ghostwalker
16th October 2008, 22:18
Is that genuine or just a joke? Be awesome if they actually did that, the best homage ever, although the locals will be happy that he didn't choose to use Sheene's number :D :D :D

i read it here so i guess its genuine.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/motorsport/article1070704.ece

alfa155btcc
24th October 2008, 12:08
Now that would be funny LOL :D :D :D :D

Corny
25th October 2008, 10:16
I've red (is that right? :p ) that they reduced it to 46, because of his donation (650.000 euros) to rebuild the graveyard...