PDA

View Full Version : I do believe it's autumn

janneppi
27th September 2008, 18:18
I was just cooling down after sauna in my balcony, it's cloudy and dark, in the south i couldn't really see the forest, just a glow from the nearest town in the distance. Wind was picking up, forming scary shadows from swaying trees on the wall next a parking lot and making quiet wistle from the mouth of my beer can. :)

Good times. And double yay for our four different seasons.

Daniel
27th September 2008, 18:57
We've got summer here :mark:

futuretiger9
28th September 2008, 16:53
It is sunny here in Northern England, but in the last few days, a chill in the air on the mornings has signified the arrival of Autumn, which is my favourite time of the year.

ShiftingGears
29th September 2008, 01:32
It's definitely Summer.

cosmicpanda
29th September 2008, 01:48
Definitely spring. Leaves on the trees again :)

gadjo_dilo
29th September 2008, 06:37
2 weeks ago it was still summer and 30 C degrees and then all of a sudden a mass of very cold air has come and we jumped from sandals directly into boots. I haven't seen the sun for 2 weeks and I feel like living in a sci-fi novel.
Gone are the long warm autumns....We have only 2 seasons now.

J4MIE
29th September 2008, 10:04
It has been autumn here since May :\

pino
29th September 2008, 11:05
It has been autumn here since May :\

Have noticed that :s :p :

schmenke
30th September 2008, 16:22
Well, it certainly looks like autumn, with the multi-coloured leaves dropping from the trees, but we're currently basking in sunshine and warm temps, ~25 - 26 deg. C :) In fact, yesterday afternoon was far too lovely to pass up an invite for a nice walk amogst the meadows... :s tareup:

veeten
2nd October 2008, 03:50
a bit nippy tonite, 56 deg F. :)

time to break out the blankets, for a warm, snug sleep. :s nore:

Woodeye
2nd October 2008, 17:35
Good times. And double yay for our four different seasons.

And I thought that we have only 2 around here. Winter and Autumn. Winter is the season from January to February and the rest is autumn. At least it rains all the time and it's cold as in Siberia. :mark:

Daniel
2nd October 2008, 18:48
From what i've seen this afternoon winter is here :mark: There was about half an inch of hail on the road and the rain was coming down about as hard as I've ever seen :mark:

janneppi
3rd October 2008, 06:26
And I thought that we have only 2 around here. Winter and Autumn. Winter is the season from January to February and the rest is autumn. At least it rains all the time and it's cold as in Siberia. :mark:
Actually, looking at the last two years, there are six.
- summer
- autumn: from august to mid october
- pre winter: from mid october to december, freezing temperatures, 20 cm of snow
- late autumn: from december to february, no snow, temperatures at 5-10C
- winter : february to late march
-spring

;)

gadjo_dilo
3rd October 2008, 07:00
I'm confused. It looks like finnish winters are milder than ours.

3rd October 2008, 07:28
Is that a touch of colour on my shoulders after working in the garden most of the day? Yes, and a fabulous 22C spring day it was too. Time to go and buy some summer clothes and shoes, I don't have a thing to wear (ahem).

Mark
3rd October 2008, 08:08
I can tell it's autumn as that's when leaves get stuck in the little gap between my bonnet and my windscreen :p .

The days are still reasonably warm when you are in the sunshine, but it's quite cold at night.

Although we've had quite a rainy summer - again - it's been quite warm at the same time.

Daniel
3rd October 2008, 08:34
I can tell it's autumn as that's when leaves get stuck in the little gap between my bonnet and my windscreen :p .

The days are still reasonably warm when you are in the sunshine, but it's quite cold at night.

Although we've had quite a rainy summer - again - it's been quite warm at the same time.
Must be winter here because all I had was a layer of hail on windscreen today :mark:

wedge
3rd October 2008, 11:23
I was still wearing a t-shirts last week. Now I'm bloody freezing whenever I get out of bed.

Not long till the clocks go back and dark late-afternoons :(

Daniel
3rd October 2008, 11:29
when the clocks go back that's when I start enjoying myself and being able to sleep properly :p can't stand it being light till silly hours in the summer

A.F.F.
3rd October 2008, 11:39
I'm confused. It looks like finnish winters are milder than ours.

We don't have winters anymore. It's 12 months of autumn. :down:

I think it rains here more than in Scotland novadays.

Hazell B
3rd October 2008, 15:55
We don't have winters anymore.

Um, that's about right :(

The people who know these things say it's going to be a mild but very wet winter after a mild but very wet autumn. Who's going to bet against a mild but very wet spring too? :p :

Yellow leaves everywhere on my land, though the trees that turn red haven't started altering yet. The trees that stay green then just go brown, are still green. The ponies have winter coats well on the way but the cat's still in his summer wardrobe.

Even the trees and animals are confused :mark:

Daniel
3rd October 2008, 16:00
The met office are actually saying it's going to be less mild and less yet than last year :p

donKey jote
3rd October 2008, 21:47
34°C yesterday :D :D :D

back in Germany now though, and it's Autumn :dozey:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif