PDA

View Full Version : What do you want from F1 2009?

FIA
27th September 2008, 17:11
What do you want from F1 2009?

My Wants:-
1. Feel everyone bump, camber/banking, elevation change and surface change.
2. Test Tracks, e.g. Jerez, Valencia, Paul Rivard, Mugello.
3. Alternative Tracks, Fuji/Suzuka & Hockenheim/Nurburgring.
4. Season mode with driver changes on other teams.
5. Better AI with more opponent overtaking.

pettersolberg29
27th September 2008, 17:24
Completely agree - and already looking forward to it!

One other thing - it would be good to have an edit mode - to rename cars, drivers and change people when/if they change teams. Also, test drivers would be good, and a relaistic safety car.

BTCC2
2nd October 2008, 22:59
More unlockable cars.

Samick
3rd October 2008, 13:16
very good suggestions indeed

I would like a story mode to be in it . Along the lines of Toca Race Driver 3 went . I think that makes games that extra intresting .

by the way when is the game due to be released???

Allyc85
3rd October 2008, 13:39
I agree with FIA but id also like....

1) Ultra realistic lap times and corner speeds.

2) Safety car

3) Starts where you control releasing the clutch

4) Fair penaltys for cutting corners :P

5) And I really hope its nothing at all like Grid!!!!!!!

woody2goody
5th October 2008, 22:02
I agree with FIA but id also like....

1) Ultra realistic lap times and corner speeds.

2) Safety car

3) Starts where you control releasing the clutch

4) Fair penaltys for cutting corners :P

5) And I really hope its nothing at all like Grid!!!!!!!

All these are great. The cutting corners one is interesting because in real life you usually have to slow down when 'cutting' a corner because you usually end up on a dodgy surface such as slippery paint/high kerbs/etc.

GRID was decent fun as an arcade game but just not realistic at all and that put me off from the beginning.

Codemasters got the license for what I assume was a lot of money so they should be able to demand more things, like real test drivers, test tracks, alternate tracks, driver changes, etc. I mean, when EA uses the FIFA licence, they aren't restricted to having the same players on the same teams for years and years!

'Transfers' are as big a part of F1 as football and should be replicated in game.

I agree with point 1, and I think lap time should change depending on elements like track temperature, wind, etc.

Also different tracks should suit different tracks and drivers. Drivers and cars' pace should not be predetermined, and straight line speed differences should be exaggerated. Also for realism purposes, 'dirty air' must be factored in somehow.

Also in the old games performance between cold and heated tyres was far too much. We should be talking a few tenths, not 1 or 2 seconds.

Hawkmoon
7th October 2008, 05:57
- Career mode
- Accurate vehicle dynamics, physics model and damage model
- Editor (I like that idea pettersolberg29). I'd like to be able to add a driver along with importing his portrait. A car editor allowing you to update team liveries would be good as well

woody2goody
13th October 2008, 17:59
I like your ideas. Even a basic editor would be nice.

If they include some test tracks then maybe you could add them to the championship or make up a custom schedule. You could have realistic weather patterns depending on the time of year you hold the Grands Prix.

Also no rain in Bahrain please.

Proper rain effects with realistic drying tracks and racing lines.

Visible settings changes like front and rear wing adjustments like driving at Monza with the skinny wings.

Allyc85
13th October 2008, 18:04
Another thing is being able to make basic changes to front wings and tyre pressures at pit stops. :)

goodf1fun
19th November 2008, 14:56
they should make a mod able to add addons every week.. but wait..this will make it sell once only....next year they will not sell... bad for them, they will never do it!!!