PDA

View Full Version : Buemi in at STR

MDS
25th September 2008, 04:09
Apparently Sebastien Buemi is official at STR, no word on Sebastien Bourdais. I think he'll quietly get his contract removed after this weekend's event?

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/169393-0/buemi_official_at_str_no_news_on_bourdais.html

harvick#1
25th September 2008, 06:08
I hope Bourdais stays, you just can't judge a driver by his first year, in a new team, on all new tracks. Bourdais is finally starting to show promise in the STR and they will throw it away. STR really needs to give him one more year to see if he is a consistent driver. I just don't know if STR was expecting Vettel to be that good

ShiftingGears
25th September 2008, 06:41
If Bourdais gets kicked out for a driver of Sato's calibre I will be p!ssed.

PolePosition_1
25th September 2008, 09:13
Well, I wouldn't read that actual and assume its 100% garantueed. I'm going to wait for ITV or Autosport to pronounce it before I take it too seriously.

But yes, if Bourdais doesn't get a second year in F1, I will be hugely disappointed.

leopard
25th September 2008, 11:15
time will tell

Is this reincarnation thread? :eek:

F1boat
25th September 2008, 16:38
I hope that Bourdais will stay. He is a very good driver.

futuretiger9
25th September 2008, 20:17
More and more in Formula 1 these days, drivers get less and less time to "bed in" and develop their careers. Team owners are impatient, and are seeking instant success. Bourdais appears to be a victim of this trend.

cy bais
26th September 2008, 03:37

same here - wanna see bourdais not sato. sato needs to stick to doing errands for honda, maybe race at irl or something. :)

markabilly
27th September 2008, 02:36
Sometime back, Red bull let it be known that they were interested in Sato's market penetration ability in Japan.....driving ability was not mentoined