PDA

View Full Version : Robert Doornbos + ING to ICS in 2009

MDS
16th September 2008, 12:39
Motorsport Total talked with Doornbos recently and he said he is very close to announcing a deal, but keeps that whole "Good team" line. Supposedly there is going to be a test in November with this mystery team.

Its looking more and more that ING is going to sponsor Doornbos as he's making personal appearances for them and unlike Alonso and PK he's Dutch and so are they.

Since he's singed with G8 Racing I've heard more and more about him coming to the IRL and HVM is the most likely team, with PKVRT the only top team without their drivers locked in.

For those of you who can read German:
http://www.motorsport-total.com/usracing/news/2008/09/Doornbos_mit_neuem_IndyCar-Anlauf_08091406.html

I might have missed something, since my grandmother lost her battle with Parkinsons my German has gotten a bit rusty.

Note: Sorry, I didn't realize I forgot to put a question mark in the subject line. It's not a lock yet, but seems eventual. I wouldn't be surprised if it were announced at Surfer's next month

Chamoo
16th September 2008, 13:21
I hope its not with KVRT. I want them to run Servia and Power again, either with AU sponsorship or if they find some CDW sponsorship. I want Doornbos to add to the car count, not replace a good driver in Power.

I'd like to see Doornbos at HVM, but I could see him surprising us all when he announces someone like NHL or Panther or RLR.

Could anyone see Doornbos replacing Wilson at NHL? Wilson's contract option still hasn't been picked up by NHL. Move the McDonald's sponsorship over to GR and run ING on Doornbos' car.

MDS
17th September 2008, 21:30
I got an email today from a friend of mine reading "TRUST me Bobby D will will have a ride next year with a TRUST worth team."

Yeah, that's not subtle or anything, but then again he does PR, so he does like to screw around with people.

Chamoo
18th September 2008, 04:51
I got an email today from a friend of mine reading "TRUST me Bobby D will will have a ride next year with a TRUST worth team."

Yeah, that's not subtle or anything, but then again he does PR, so he does like to screw around with people.

Maybe I am not catching the hint from his message. All I know is Trust is one of his sponsors. I am not sure what that means in regard to which team he will be on.

NickFalzone
18th September 2008, 05:06
I've seen HVM in a number of places as Doornbos team next year.

BobGarage
18th September 2008, 12:51
well doornbos has just signed with A1 Team Netherlands for the upcoming season.

Chamoo
18th September 2008, 13:22

I could see Robert Doornbos doing quite well in the A1GP circuit. He is a real racer, he could pull off some wins. Can't wait to see him in the ICS if he does end up showing up.

Dr. Krogshöj
18th September 2008, 19:06

Netherlands will alternate him and Jeroen Bleekemolen. In fact he is still looking for a drive in ICS according to autosport.com. He said he's "still in touch" with HVM but other teams as well.

Shai-Hulud
18th September 2008, 21:24
There have been some rumours of Trust forsaking their involvement in GP2 in favour of Doornbos' ICS ventures. Here's the link (in Dutch, but the headline should be clear enough):

http://www.rtl.nl/(/sport/rtl_gp/geruchten/)/sport/rtl_gp/components/geruchten/aticles/080805_trust_doornbos.xml

It's the website of the Dutch tv network that's broadcasting most motorsports, including F1. Their rumour section is known to be a bit of a hit and miss affair, so I'm not sure how solid these rumours are.

MDS
19th September 2008, 12:33
According to autosport the deal isn't done yet. From what I hear though an oval test is set up with HVM at homestead in November. He says he's talking with other teams. I have to believe its KVRT and NHL. If KV is close to losing Aussie Vineyards they have to look elsewhere for funding, which apparently Doornbos brings with him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70709