PDA

View Full Version : Rotation...??

AndyRAC
16th September 2008, 09:37
As more of a Rallyfan than F1 fan these days, and sad at how the FIA have ruined that branch of Motorsport - I wondered, seeing as there are a whole bunch of countries desperate to hold a F1 race, and they can't all hold one. Would Bernie/FIA ever consider rotating events? Following the idiotic decision to rotate events in WRC, imagine Monaco missing out every other year? It just wouldn't happen. But could the rest of them rotate? Personally, I can't see it. Any thoughts.....

ShiftingGears
16th September 2008, 09:39
I don't think we will see anything more than the grand prix alternation between circuits in the same country. Eg, Fuji and Suzuka, Nurburgring and Hockenheim.

aryan
16th September 2008, 17:57
Rotation has not worked in the past.

In order to bring themselves up to the standards of F1, these tracks have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on investment into facilities and safety and etc. They need a return on investment, and rotating between a number of circuits will just postpone getting any return on that, which just weakens the financial case for holding the race in the first place.

AndyRAC
17th September 2008, 08:31
Rotation has not worked in the past.

In order to bring themselves up to the standards of F1, these tracks have to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on investment into facilities and safety and etc. They need a return on investment, and rotating between a number of circuits will just postpone getting any return on that, which just weakens the financial case for holding the race in the first place.

Exactly!! Doesn't work, hello, FIA - Wake up!!

Dave B
17th September 2008, 10:43
It doesn't work and creates more problems than it solves.

So expect the FIA to introduce it anytime soon.

Mark
17th September 2008, 11:22
It would be fine but because Bernie, Max etc take so much money out of each event and basically bleed them dry, they don't have enough money to sustain only 1 race every 2 or so years.

If the powers that weren't so greedy then it would work.