View Full Version : Mosley, the old dog

Viktory
12th September 2008, 23:42
"Mosley hints at re-election"
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080912211330.shtml

Can't say I'm all too surprised...

Ranger
12th September 2008, 23:47
Personally I think spanky should give it up already.

The FIA needs someone new and should be more proactive in lining up a successor.

ShiftingGears
12th September 2008, 23:50
"Mosley hints at re-election"
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080912211330.shtml

Can't say I'm all too surprised...

I am not surprised in the slightest.

markabilly
13th September 2008, 02:54
Huummm, maybe the old boy needs a taste of the Jimmie Jones, geanna mamma kool special aid.... :beer:

ArrowsFA1
13th September 2008, 08:20
Max flip-flops on this one with regularity so his latest comments are no surprise.

wmcot
13th September 2008, 08:23
It's almost as if his life is "tied up" in the position...

Triumph
13th September 2008, 08:23
I think he should carry on, if only to annoy the moralists.

Dave B
13th September 2008, 10:11
Mugab.. sorry Mosley should have resigned months ago, let alone standing for yet another term.

markabilly
13th September 2008, 10:54
Goes with the classic S and M desire to inflict punishment, he will never want to give up the authority and opportunity to humilate. Without the job, who can he abuse?????family and friends???

Besides where can the FIA find someone like Max who is so very fair and temperant when it comes to judging folks as to whether they have brought the sport into disrepute

markabilly
13th September 2008, 11:14
From Autosport: I think it's a reflection, and I'm sorry to say this, of the stupidity of the people who say it because they haven't really thought the thing through and put themselves in the position of the people who have to take these very difficult decisions."

Mosley revealed he himself was in Peru during the Belgian Grand Prix and was therefore only involved when he was contacted to be informed of what was going on.
"My immediate reaction was this is going to waste a great deal of everybody's time," Mosley said. "Which is true, it's what always happens. A tiny incident and it takes up hours of your time."

In peru? maybe he is checking out how the Incas treated their prisoners......sacrficing them to the gods and all. Those Incas really knew how to "party"

ioan
13th September 2008, 14:16
He better keep his word and leave after 2009.

BDunnell
13th September 2008, 14:33
This is getting silly. Maybe it's time to make the presidency a fixed-term appointment, like the US presidency.

markabilly
13th September 2008, 14:49
This is getting silly. Maybe it's time to make the presidency a fixed-term appointment, like the US presidency.

Actually two terms is the limit, and you do not need to count your wife in the total, otherwise billy c would have only had four years in office

Knock-on
13th September 2008, 17:55
I can't understand why anyone is surprised by Max lying.

Surely only the most naive of people actually believe what he says?

Do you know how to tell if Max is lying?

His lips move.

BDunnell
13th September 2008, 18:00
Actually two terms is the limit, and you do not need to count your wife in the total, otherwise billy c would have only had four years in office

That's what I meant.

BDunnell
13th September 2008, 18:02
I can't understand why anyone is surprised by Max lying.

Surely only the most naive of people actually believe what he says?

Do you know how to tell if Max is lying?

His lips move.

Well, I've never heard that one before...

markabilly
13th September 2008, 19:32
That's what I meant.

OTOH, if you could count your wife, george Jr, ought to be entitled to another 8 or 16 years.

In which case, the words of my dear grandpa ring in my ears, "it ain't the fact that the world is going straight to hell that bothers me, it is the fact that i can not get off before it arrives......"