PDA

View Full Version : Which one you prefer, speed or spins?

A.F.F.
11th September 2008, 15:59
I spent yesterday having fun in an amusement park. Linnanmäki offered an evening free of charge and I spent every minute of it :D I noticed something though. I'm much more of a rollercoaster dude than a merry-go-round guy. I actually felt really sick after trying everything that spinned and rolled :dead: Rollercoasters are totally different story. I love the speed :D

Mark
11th September 2008, 18:37
Spins are bad. Speed is good. Everyone knows that!

A.F.F.
11th September 2008, 21:07
Spins are bad. Speed is good. Everyone knows that!

Apparently not everyone. Take Räikkönen for instance..

MrJan
11th September 2008, 22:07
I've never actually been on any theme park ride :eek:

I much prefer the idea of driving because you actually control the speed. My mates always go one about how these rides go 100mph but so does my Honda Civic, the difference is the the 'coaster is on rails whereas my car is alive and it's up to me to pick where it goes which I find much more exciting.

IO think I prefer speed but I have to say that whenever I've spun on the track it has been an exhilarating experience when everything happens quickly but you remember it vividly and although it's scary at the time there is an amazing feeling of relief when it's over :D

It has to be said though that the time when I'm really buzzing is when I've been quick so speed wins for me :burnout:

Storm
12th September 2008, 07:43
Rollercoasters :up:

Sadly none around here....

Simmi
20th September 2008, 18:25
It has to go upside down to be a good ride. And it has to have a stupid steep drop.

I do agree with A.F.F. though sometimes the small rides are the worst. Too much spinning is never good.

J4MIE
20th September 2008, 22:46
I love rollercoasters that go fast, spin, upside down etc, but I don't like ones with big drops. Though I did go on Oblivion twice :s

BDunnell
20th September 2008, 23:02
I prefer a nice glass of water and a lie down. That's me — adrenaline through and through.

gloomyDAY
21st September 2008, 00:30
I prefer a nice glass of water and a lie down. That's me — adrenaline through and through.My friend's and I need to take you to 6 flags. Roller coasters baby! Goliath & X are the best attractions. You feel like you're going to pass out.

BDunnell
21st September 2008, 00:43
My friend's and I need to take you to 6 flags. Roller coasters baby! Goliath & X are the best attractions. You feel like you're going to pass out.

That sounds lovely.

Azumanga Davo
21st September 2008, 06:49
That sounds lovely.

Good grief, the bubbling over of enthusiasm is just too much to take! :p :

Tazio
21st September 2008, 06:55
My friend's and I need to take you to 6 flags. Roller coasters baby! Goliath & X are the best attractions. You feel like you're going to pass out.Six Flags rules! :up:

markabilly
21st September 2008, 18:05
Six Flags rules! :up:

I have never liked the part about not being in control. Never liked to have someone drive me fast either. Fact is I do not like for anyone to drive but me.

Same for flying. If I am doing it fine. But the only thing that enables me to get on an airliner is the fact that I can not see the pilot and what he is doing.

AND I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT RIDE BEHIND SOMEONE ON the same MOTORCYCLE. NO.

So go ride, I admire all of you to have such courage.

BDunnell
21st September 2008, 21:22
Good grief, the bubbling over of enthusiasm is just too much to take! :p :

:laugh:

AndyRAC
21st September 2008, 21:43
I love rollercoasters that go fast, spin, upside down etc, but I don't like ones with big drops. Though I did go on Oblivion twice :s

Yeah, 'Prepare for Oblivion', going to Alton Towers this week. Can't wait, also Air, Nemesis, and Rita-Queen of Speed.

Simmi
22nd September 2008, 16:46
For UK peeps:

Isn't there supposed to be a new rollercoaster in Blackpool that goes over the water or something? I'm sure I saw that advertised, or did I maybe dream it?

A.F.F.
22nd September 2008, 21:50
Has anyone been to Las Vegas? Those rollercoasters on top of the hotelroofs seem pretty awesome :up:

billiaml
23rd September 2008, 02:47
:D I love roller coasters and my daughter, Maureen, is following right in my footsteps. The closest -- and, therefore most frequently-visited -- is Cedar Point in Sandusky. Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Raptor (17 Roller Coasters in all). Plus LOTS of other rides. There are some shows & stuff, too -- but who has time for that?

billiaml
23rd September 2008, 02:49
Has anyone been to Las Vegas? Those rollercoasters on top of the hotelroofs seem pretty awesome :up:

I've seen pics, but haven't been there. Seems like the kind of adrenaline rush I could get into, though ;)

leopard
23rd September 2008, 05:09
I prefer neither of them, as such I don't like being occupant or passenger, just because like Mr Jeo said it doesn't seem nice being in the speed whilst we don't have sufficient control to it, spins give me more giddiness.

If not driving I'd prefer speed skating...

Garry Walker
23rd September 2008, 13:16
I have been on them a few times, they did nothing for me. Except for "so, when is the scary part coming" thoughts.

If I want an adrenaline rush, I do parachuting or I race. Or if I want to take a really huge risk, I tell my girlfriend "how about we go shopping today."

Simmi
23rd September 2008, 15:00

YEAH I went on the one on the top/side of the New York, New York hotel.

I didn't think it would be all that great due to the limitations of it being attached to a building, but it was actually a pretty good rollercoaster. Fast/drops/corkscrews/loops etc, so all the right ingredients.

Only in Vegas! I'd love to go back one day.

ShiftingGears
24th September 2008, 09:35
Never been on a rollercoaster that actually scared me. Mainly because I know exactly what it's going to do.