PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hayes to ride for Parkalgar Honda

patnicholls
10th September 2008, 22:34
Crash.net reports that Josh Hayes - twice AMA FXtreme Champion and also competes with success in AMA Supersport - will ride for Parkalgar Honda in place of the late Craig Jones from Vallelunga onwards:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/168804-0/wss__hayes_joins_parkalgar.html

I've seen him a few times watching AMA over the years; he's good. He won't know the tracks and is realistically at the wrong end of his career for a long-term effort in Europe, but I'd like to wish him luck. :up:

Thumbs up also to Parkalgar for continuing - it'd have been completely understandable if they've have pulled out in light of what's happened, but the grid is better for them being part of it and I'm sure Jonesy would approve of a rider of such pedigree in his place.

ChrisS
10th September 2008, 22:55
Best of luck to him, he is a fast rider. Also the addition of American riders is something WSS and WSBK need. Portimao will be his best chance to show his stuff, he should know the bike and tyres by then and its a new track so he will be unknown for everyone (he may even have an advantage as that is the team's track)

I also read in RRW that he hired new management to help his international career. From the comments he made it seems he doesnt want to race in the AMA classes next season. At 33 he only has one more year to race in WSS before the new 32 years old age restriction comes into effect in 2010, after that he will have to race superbikes.

T-D
11th September 2008, 01:15
good sign. i think he will impress.

NinjaMaster
11th September 2008, 09:22
I'm pleased for Josh, he's a good peddler. He's done well to get his foot in the door in Europe as there appears to be a mass exodus of U.S. riders looking for rides overseas with the current state-of-play in U.S. bike racing.