PDA

View Full Version : Massa to have engine checked

Knock-on
8th September 2008, 17:09
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70421

Why bother :rolleyes:

Press Release:

The FIA confirmed that the 3 Litre turbo charged V12 in the Ferrari complies 100% with the current FIA regulations.

In a separate investigation, McLaren have been fined $100 squillion and Lewis Hamilton docked all his points for using Ferrari intellectual property.

Apparently, Ron Dennis filled up at a Shell Petrol Station in Ottershaw on his way into Woking. This was obviously a clear attempt to obtain strategic advantage on the Fuel supplier of the Maranello team and was compounded by the McLaren boss having Bridgestone tyres on the Mercedes.

ioan
8th September 2008, 17:36
Well they bothered checking Hamilton's engine too, so now you won't be able to moan about the FIA not handling them equally. :laugh:

8th September 2008, 18:27
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70421

Why bother :rolleyes:

So it can shut up those who think every time their team is punished it's a conspiracy theory.

I mean, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with them being in the wrong.

Now, what's that quote?....ah, yes!...."The simplest reason is often the right one"

Sorry if that's not quite an exact quote of your phrase, Knockie, but you should really try to follow the example of your moment of clarity.

wmcot
8th September 2008, 20:48
Didn't they check a Honda engine, too, at one of the past races? I really think that there IS a conspiracy against Honda - Why else would they be doing so poorly???? :)

yodasarmpit
8th September 2008, 22:53
Isn't it funny that when it was Hamilton's car ioan made such a big deal out of it, now that it's Massa it's no big deal.

To be honest, I don't think there's anything for Massa to worry about, just a random check.

AndyRAC
8th September 2008, 23:08
What next??
Wonder if it's worth putting money on Heidfeld or Alonso to get the race??

Jag_Warrior
9th September 2008, 00:02
Isn't it funny that when it was Hamilton's car ioan made such a big deal out of it, now that it's Massa it's no big deal.

Funny or ironic? But yeah, even though I'd be surprised if he wasn't so predictable. He bleeds Ferrari red. You just expect him to be the way he is after awhile.

To be honest, I don't think there's anything for Massa to worry about, just a random check.

Exactly.

leopard
9th September 2008, 05:29
The random check will not frighten him, it will on the other hand help out the team to ensure that the car fit for the next race, and they will report any extraneous matter as soon as they found it.

CNR
9th September 2008, 07:53
You know what i think that they will find something

they will find that massa has a different engine to toro rosso and force india

ShiftingGears
9th September 2008, 07:57
LOL

PolePosition_1
9th September 2008, 08:15
So it can shut up those who think every time their team is punished it's a conspiracy theory.

Now, what's that quote?....ah, yes!...."The simplest reason is often the right one"

Sorry if that's not quite an exact quote of your phrase, Knockie, but you should really try to follow the example of your moment of clarity.

Whats your take on the Belgium GP then Tamb? I ain't been on here since, but am interested in it.

Nikki Katz
9th September 2008, 14:34
I imagine that this is just routine and therefore nothing to get excited about. As has been said, a number of other drivers have already been checked, all without incident.

Knock-on
9th September 2008, 14:42

The most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

That the FIA have a bias towards Ferrari and against McLaren so they wont find anything wrong.

I agree ;)

ioan
9th September 2008, 16:00

Hamilton's engine was the first one checked this season, and there was no explanation as to why it was going to be checked at the moment I wrote that thread.

Maybe now it's clear and you can concentrate on the FIA checking Massa's engine rather than what ioan wrote?! Because ioan never brags about your posting habits, unlike you. :rolleyes:

9th September 2008, 16:04
The most obvious answer is usually the correct one.

That the FIA have a bias towards Ferrari and against McLaren so they wont find anything wrong.

I agree ;)

Yes, because Mercedes....the same Mercedes who own 40% of Mclaren, not to mention BMW, Renault, Toyota & Honda.....would all have willingly agreed to spend millions and sign up to the FIA Formula One championship were that to be the case?

Your claims are ridiculous and have no basis in fact.

ioan
9th September 2008, 17:14
Yes, because Mercedes....the same Mercedes who own 40% of Mclaren, not to mention BMW, Renault, Toyota & Honda.....would all have willingly agreed to spend millions and sign up to the FIA Formula One championship were that to be the case?

Your claims are ridiculous and have no basis in fact.

We should get used to this, he'll never get straight again.