PDA

View Full Version : Team - CVR

TCF
6th September 2008, 15:51
Ive heard that Team CVR will be present at Brands with the team's promo car in the build up to 09... :D

www.CarbonZeroRacing.com (http://www.CarbonZeroRacing.com)

VkmSpouge
6th September 2008, 16:08
I hope they can race in 2009 with Dan Eaves and Phiroze Bilimoria. They've got that confirmed title sponsor in Cartridge World, so clearly things are more advanced that their previous effort.
Have to say the competition they're running there to get VIP tickets and lunch with Dan Eaves at Brands sounds pretty good, pity my local store isn't participating.

TCF
6th September 2008, 16:12
I know, my local store is 40 miles away from the nearest one. I can't wait for another new team on the grid. Heard that BTC Racing might not be there next season :confused: but some other Clio team maybe stepping up which is good and will run the BTC cars !

VX_Rules
6th September 2008, 16:39
I'm glad it's obviously clear now they are for definate entering and good luck to them. Hope they beat the SEATs work team :D

TCF
6th September 2008, 16:45
Its great news, i so hope they can beat the works team to but its a big ask since the recent performance of the TDi, however, they do have a habit of chucking it all away during race day !!!

VkmSpouge
6th September 2008, 17:35
Lets not get ahead of ourselves, Team Clyde Valley Racing haven't taken delivery of their cars (I believe they said that would happen in December and January), so I won't consider them definites for next season just yet but I really hope they do (as I do for all prospective entrants).

PDS
6th September 2008, 17:54
Heard that BTC Racing might not be there next season :confused:
Just an unfounded rumour!

Knowing the effort that Stockton and the team are putting in, I'm sure the guys at BTC will tell you different!

Anyway, the thread is about CVR or CZR!

TCF
6th September 2008, 20:37
"think BTC wont be here next year clio team will buy the two toledo's from BTC"

The above was found on another post, hope its not true !

The CVR thing is all happening as i know someone that knows someone that owns a CW store ! :)

www.CarbonZeroRacing.com (http://www.CarbonZeroRacing.com)

PDS
6th September 2008, 20:43
The CVR thing is all happening as i know someone that knows someone that owns a CW store ! :)

I know someone that has FOUR CW stores.. and you wouldn't believe what he has been told!

I laughed so much!

VkmSpouge
7th September 2008, 01:14
Am I the only person who doesn't know someone who owns a Cartridge World store?

How about you tell us what he was told so we can share in your laughter.

Eurotech
7th September 2008, 09:41
Am I the only person who doesn't know someone who owns a Cartridge World store?

I don't! Well, I don't think i do anyway.....

TCF
7th September 2008, 10:00
The team are running a competition for 3 lucky winners to receive a pair of VIP Hospitality tickets and lunch with Eaves at Brands on the 21st.

10 runners up will get a signed team shirt by Dan.

On the website it says you need to visit your nearest participating store, might just make the journey, great prize if you had to win it ! :)

http://cartridgeworldcarbonzeroracing.co.uk/Competition.html

SEATFreak
7th September 2008, 12:30
I hope they can race in 2009 with Dan Eaves and Phiroze Bilimoria.

How do you know of so many touring car drivers? :eek:

If you had asked me who or what Phiroze Bilimoria is I would have said a new brand of washing up liquid. :laugh:

Amazing. Freaky but amazing.

Anyhow, good luck to this new team from me on sucessfully managing to put together whatever teams need to put together. It ain't easy in all likelyhood.

VX_Rules
7th September 2008, 13:22
It was announced months ago the teams plans and the drivers who are signed up for it.

VkmSpouge
7th September 2008, 15:08
How do you know of so many touring car drivers? :eek:

It helps to look at their website ;)

peewhee
7th September 2008, 15:45
If you had asked me who or what Phiroze Bilimoria is I would have said a new brand of washing up liquid. :laugh:

From what I hear.. it may be better if he was! :rotflmao:

SEATFreak
7th September 2008, 16:34
It helps to look at their website ;)

How do you know that drivers are looking to enter in the first place? That is what I find truly astonising.

You surely just don't type in a drivers website and get lucky with regard to finding out whether they are looking to enter or not. Would be ace if you did.

VkmSpouge
7th September 2008, 16:56
I meant I looked on the Team Clyde Valley Racing website.

AndySpeed
7th September 2008, 22:50
Here you go SEATFreak, in case you couldn't find it:

http://cartridgeworldcarbonzeroracing.co.uk/images/phiprof.gif
(From the Team CVR website)

SEATFreak
8th September 2008, 08:51
Cool. Cheers for that. One of the first Indians in motor sport and he comes to the BTCC. Will be ace for the profile of the BTCC.

I would like to see more Germans for instance represented but sadly I have looked on Christian Abt's website and he isn't a German who looks to be wanting a driver in the BTCC. Committed to the Porsche Carrera's in the DTM I think it said tho I canot be sure as his website was in German.

Hope this Indian guy does well for Team CVR tho.

TCF
12th September 2008, 09:39
Did anyone manage to enter the CVR competition !

I did so fingers crossed :)

http://cartridgeworldcarbonzeroracing.co.uk/Competition.html

Hope CVR can try and fill the gap left by Seat...

thompp
12th September 2008, 10:49
If they are on the grid in '09 with Dan Eaves I will be supporting them....even if they are running SEATs...! lol

m0rk
12th September 2008, 13:50
If they are on the grid in '09 with Dan Eaves I will be supporting them....even if they are running SEATs...! lol

it's funny, most SEAT fans are the other way round :D

Supporting CVR in SEAT's, even if they've got Dan Eaves

dwracing23
12th September 2008, 14:06
Heard that BTC Racing might not be there next season :confused: but some other Clio team maybe stepping up which is good and will run the BTC cars !

Im sure that BTC will be on the grid next year, CS really enjoys the BTCC.

Something interesting I’ve heard today that we may have more Seat Leon’s on the grid next year than this.... Question is where are they all coming from, as all the chassis now are setup to run diesel engines?!

VkmSpouge
12th September 2008, 18:41
Wouldn't be a surprise to see more SEAT Léons in 2009, they are good cars. Maybe GR Asia will run a second car alongside Adam Jones?

Eurotech
12th September 2008, 20:00
Theyre probabbly coming in from the WTCC and D/STCC

CroftPilgrim
13th September 2008, 00:00
Im sure that BTC will be on the grid next year, CS really enjoys the BTCC.

Something interesting I’ve heard today that we may have more Seat Leon’s on the grid next year than this.... Question is where are they all coming from, as all the chassis now are setup to run diesel engines?!

It's quite possible that independant teams would still run them as diesels. Rick Kerry ran (and still intends to run) a diesel BMW...

Allyc85
13th September 2008, 10:58
Its great to see teams joing the BTCC, but I really dont want a mini WTCC with little variation in cars :(

Eurotech
13th September 2008, 11:16
We still have Vectras, Civics, Integras, Astras, an MG and a Toledo.
All of the above DONT feature in the WTCC so I don't see what people are worried about...

Allyc85
13th September 2008, 11:30
And half of them are btc spec and getting out of date, it wont be long till its an all s2000 field.