PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will go where in BTCC 09?

Scuderia ferrari
3rd September 2008, 19:20
Just an idea i had yesterday, here's what i'd like to see in BTCC next year as terms of the driver market goes for the existing teams and drivers:

VX Racing
Fabrizio Giovanardi
Matt Neal

Team Dynamics
Gordon Shedden
Tom Onslow-Cole

SEAT Sport UK
Jason Plato
Adam Jones

WSR Team RAC
Colin Turkington
Mat Jackson

Robertshaw Racing
Harry Vaulkhard
Stephen Jelley
Alan Taylor

Motorbase
Steven Kane
Rob Collard

Team Eurotech
Mike Jordan
Tom Chilton

TH Motorsport
John George

Team KWR
Jason Hughes

In-Tune Racing
Micky Doyle

BTC Racing
Chris Stockton
Ben Winrow

Arkas
Erkut Kizilirmak
Martyn Bell

Thoughts?

MBailey06
3rd September 2008, 20:19
Like your thinking on most of that, the Jelley to Robertshaw is an intriguing idea, but the one person you are missing that is making such an impact this year is Andrew Jordan as he should be at Eurotech. Chilton could possibly be part of yet another Arena team that has failed to materialize, but this time could happen with nowhere for Chilton to go.

VX_Rules
4th September 2008, 15:34
My thoughts:

Just an idea i had yesterday, here's what i'd like to see in BTCC next year as terms of the driver market goes for the existing teams and drivers:

VX Racing
Fabrizio Giovanardi Yes
Matt Neal No - OC instead.
3rd driver as well please.

Team Dynamics
Gordon Shedden Yes
Tom Onslow-Cole No - Possibly Adam Jones But...

SEAT Sport UK
Jason Plato Eugh
Adam Jones ...Or here too.

WSR Team RAC
Colin Turkington Yes Chilton? (He may have to pay for the drive, if thats not what he does now)
Mat Jackson Doubtful maybe...

BMW Great Britain
Mat Jackson
Thommo Would be cool.

Robertshaw Racing
Harry Vaulkhard Yes.
Stephen Jelley You think he's back next year?!
Alan Taylor Yes
Gaffney is a hessitated guess. :p :

Motorbase
Steven Kane More than likely for both yes.
Rob Collard

Team Eurotech
Mike Jordan Yes
Tom Chilton Come on! Andrew Jordan.

TH Motorsport
John George If theyre back.

Team KWR
Jason Hughes GET A NEW CAR! :p :

In-Tune Racing
Micky Doyle He better be back!

BTC Racing
Chris Stockton Maybe
Ben Winrow I'd prefer Winrow in a better car to prove himself.

Arkas
Erkut Kizilirmak Yes to both, in Vectra's Please. Now that would be interesting.
Martyn Bell

Thoughts?

SEATFreak
4th September 2008, 19:09
I don't want to be to radical in my view but I think a reasonable prediction ought to be that Robershaw Racing I think will run 2x 08' spec RML Lacettis (given a new shape Lacetti will take over) with Harry Vaulkhard and Euan Hankey.

mattie007
4th September 2008, 20:05
The Jordans will be together next year as TD's satellite squad.
Anyone think a new manufacturer will arrive? Or a new car on the grid? Would be nice. Hopefully Honda and BMW will join up.
Think we might get the new Lexus for BTC Racing.
Jason Hughes could well be using the MG again as its performance has increased since its new engine was put in! :-) Leggate may well be returning after the birth of her baby!
Would be good to see Doyle join up with a bigger team. Air Cool or Dynamics?

LiamM
4th September 2008, 21:08
We're forgetting Clyde Valley?

tdb
4th September 2008, 22:03
I think Andrew jordan will join TD with shedden and it will be Team John Guest and not Halfords.

I think Adam jones will stay as he is

VXR and Seat will remain the same

Matt Jackson will be in a works BMW instead of ExWorks

motorbase will stay kane ,collard plus whoever Dave has lined up ( he's too shrewed to announce something if it isn't definately on the cards!)

No new manufacturer, but lots of new cars for a few teams and a new(to the btcc) s2000 model for 1 team

Mickey Doyle bloody better return and i want his football team to loose every time he races!!!!

VX_Rules
4th September 2008, 22:36
Just had an amazing idea.

ERKUT BELL DOYLE. 3x Vectras.

That would be an immense team to watch!

thetrooper_uk
5th September 2008, 11:06
Chilton will never replace Andrew in a million years. He will be lucky to get a drive in my opinion.

cos
5th September 2008, 12:01
How about Steve Neal's comments today...

"I believe we will have another manufacturer next year in a rear-wheel drive car, which will be really exciting because that guy will be pretty tough to beat"

VX_Rules
5th September 2008, 15:57
Priaulx and Jackson BMW Team GB would be pretty amazing. But it's not really worth BMWs time or money is it?

SEATFreak
5th September 2008, 17:04

I am not sure. I wouldn't want SEAT to be the third best manufacturer in the series. I mean if the new manufacturer comes in and instantly becomes better than SEAT it would be sad if after 5 years of service to the BTCC they are suddenly knocked even further back down the pecking order as soon as a new works team comes in.

But whilst the Independent's are frankly a credit to the BTCC the Works teams are sadly poorly undepresented. And given what they bring as works teams I think it is sad. I think the BTCC needs a new works team. But it is who that is as important to me. I would like to see the return of Mazda. I never knew them as a works team and would pleasently make up for what I have lost out on.

PDS
5th September 2008, 17:08
Just a rumour... nothing concrete yet!

MG2004
5th September 2008, 17:53
How about :

Mickey Doyle to Team Dynamics (replacing Tom - too many crashes this year)

Adam Jones to SEAT (replacing Darren - too unlucky this year)

Steven Kane to join Mat Jackson in a BMW works team

Jonathan Adam in at Motorbase to replace Steven Kane

I'd be pretty happy with that :)

dwracing23
5th September 2008, 20:47
Jones to stay with AirCool,
Plato + Turner
Gio + TOC + Neal
Motorbase x 3
RAC x 2
Jackson BMW
2 x Alfa's
Jordans x 2 civic's
Doyle, bell, erkut, harry v same cars
think BTC wont be here next year clio team will buy the two toledo's from BTC
Hughes in the MG

reidy_fan
5th September 2008, 21:40
Mickey Doyle bloody better return and i want his football team to loose every time he races!!!!

I am happy to see Mickey's team losing whether he is racing or not :-) (kilmarnock fan here) what is that saying hell hath no fury like a sellick man scorned

next year would love to see Jonny Adam racing anything competitive in BTCC

mattie007
7th September 2008, 00:48
Just had an amazing idea.

ERKUT BELL DOYLE. 3x Vectras.

That would be an immense team to watch!

Would it?

SEATFreak
7th September 2008, 08:31
If I had one of those mythical gennie lamps the one wish I would have is for Adam and Jones to BOTH be at SEAT to replace DT next year.

Don't mean the will work wonders in a works Leon straight away and chances are the best bet given the fact the Leons run on turbo diesel and not petrol would be someone from the WTCC squad. But I have been very impressed by what they have don in their respective Leons - albeit petrol and not turbo diesel.

SEATFreak
7th September 2008, 12:27
next year would love to see Jonny Adam racing anything competitive in BTCC

Having totted up what Adam has achieved this season in the SCC in race-by-race prize money I can now say I am about 90% we will certainly see Adam somewhere in the BTCC.

As we all know their is race-by-race prize money reward in the SCC with £600 going to the winner, £450 going to second place and £300 for third. Elsewhere their is money of course such as £280 for fourth, for tenth £200 and £160 for fourteenth.
Well, I have totted up Adam's money accrued through race money and it is, I am certain of it, £7,620. I would be glad of any further enlightenment on this issue but surely that is getting close to what is needed to get a seat in an Independent team what with sponsorship deals and any funds from any companies the driver may be involved with. I am sure it is Gavin Smith who runs some kind of hire company and of course Matt and Steve Neal work at Rimstock in some capactity I am sure.

It is just where that is the key. If not SEAT then perhaps Motorbase or as a team-mate to Jones if he stays at Team Air Cool I think.

100%hondafan
7th September 2008, 12:49
£7,620 is not alot at all still would need a good £250'000 for a bottom end drive let alone a decent team i would love to see him in it but without a big sponser i cant see it happening.

VX_Rules
7th September 2008, 13:19
Would it?

Haha, think about it, Bell and Erkut in cars capable running in the top 10 will be scary and Doyle would be amazing in one you'd think?

Eurotech
7th September 2008, 14:55
Scary for other drivers, Yes!

oh and Im off now to join the SEAT Cupra Cup and get rich!

Eurotech
7th September 2008, 14:56
and judging on what Steve Neal said, the new entry will be Lewis hamilton and McLaren!

Matty
10th September 2008, 14:25
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/btcc/news/168800-0/doyle_secures_early_09_backing.html

Good news for Doyle for next year already.

VX_Rules
10th September 2008, 16:48
Im glad about that, just wished he could get an even better car :( its saddening.

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:13
I think its good to see Mikey in the old Honda because he is proving to these prats in their Integras (not including Team Eurotech of course!) that the Civic is still a strong package and with a talented driver can be really quick!

VX_Rules
11th September 2008, 15:21
SO then, the BIG question now is...

What will happen to Jason Potato?

Eurotech
11th September 2008, 15:40
Oven Chips?

VX_Rules
11th September 2008, 15:50
Banana flavour walkers? Could be one of the new flavours...

In honour of course.

Robinho
11th September 2008, 20:05
Plato to retire or go to WTCC (presume SEAT are staying there), Turner to stick with winning stuff in Aston Martins, which, lets face it, is far more glamourous than sometimes coming second in a diesel VW dressed as something Spanish

VX_Rules
11th September 2008, 22:25
No chance of Potato in WTCC in my opinion.