PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Pembrey notice

scubie
2nd September 2008, 13:00
Just to let the forum know that the only race at pembrey this weekend will be the 6hr Fun cup race. I have just been told that the BRSCC has cancelled all the other races, including ours.

See you all at Mallory on the 28th

Yung
2nd September 2008, 20:43
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire :ninja: :hot: :imubash: :bigcry:

jeffmr2
3rd September 2008, 00:49
That sucks!!!! (somehow im not suprised tho)

The Pits!
3rd September 2008, 15:05
Just to let the forum know that the only race at pembrey this weekend will be the 6hr Fun cup race. I have just been told that the BRSCC has cancelled all the other races, including ours.

Looks like the sooner you get MSVR to run your meetings the better ;)

Chigley
3rd September 2008, 16:14
Only if they change their stupid ticket and pass scheme. :mad:

The Pits!
3rd September 2008, 17:40
Only if they change their stupid ticket and pass scheme. :mad:
What stupid scheme?

If you don't have a Marshals Hard-Card, you get (a) Complimentary Ticket(s) instead.

What problem did you have?

truckmonster
3rd September 2008, 18:06
Pembrey is rubbish anyway!!!!!

The Pits!
3rd September 2008, 19:02
Pembrey is rubbish anyway!!!!!

It's not rubbish.......

It just isn't an Oval ;)

racing59
3rd September 2008, 20:39
Pembrey - nice tarmac. Pants facilities. Locals (other than Yung) not interested.

Had some great nights in Llanelli though!!

racing59
3rd September 2008, 20:56
Pembrey - nice tarmac. Pants facilities. Locals (other than Yung) not interested.

Had some great nights in Llanelli though!!

racing59
3rd September 2008, 21:09
Stupid unreliable broadbean connection.
Mod please delete one of them. Ta.

jeffmr2
4th September 2008, 18:42
Locals (other than Yung) not interested.

I'm local(ish) and been looking forward to this event.Was coming down with my brother and when more info on the schedule was available was going to try to convince some members of local car club to come along as well,theyre into rallying but i'm sure they would have loved hearing those v8's!
I really think its a big lost opportunity in spreading the word.
Guess i'll have to make do with the pick ups down here in october,they were pretty good last year.

charlieboy58
5th September 2008, 13:32
dont think you would of missed a lot from meeting getting cancelled onl three finished last time wasnt there about time you lot packed in and by some pick ups or a nice alfa at least youl have numbers to race with

Tractorboy.
5th September 2008, 17:35
i'm sure the numbers will pick up gives more time for them to organise more cars for mallory.

Sticker Rub
7th September 2008, 11:34
dont think you would of missed a lot from meeting getting cancelled onl three finished last time wasnt there about time you lot packed in and by some pick ups or a nice alfa at least youl have numbers to race with
If you're going to troll, at least do it in English.

The Pits!
7th September 2008, 16:31
let me translate

don't think you would of missed a lot from (the) meeting getting cancelled.
Only three finished last time wasn't there?
(Isn't it) about time you lot packed (it) in and b(u)y some pick-ups or a nice alfa.
At least you'll have numbers to race with.

I must admit he has a point.

Here we are in September still stuggling to get a reasonable number of SCSA's (and VSR's for that matter) out to race.

At this rate - IMHO - racing anywhere in 2009 seems to be dead in the water.

There's been a lot of talk in 2008, but I'm still not convinced - sorry guys :(

A race fan
7th September 2008, 19:22
is in wales say no more

Reynard
7th September 2008, 21:08
Just a gentle reminder gentlemen - please watch yourselves.

The meetings I've been to, there's been some pretty nifty racing. Colin and Keith have been super as ever and Steve Barnard has upped his game and really shone.

jeffmr2
7th September 2008, 22:40
is in wales say no more

i didnt think racist remarks would be allowed on here

bravheart
7th September 2008, 23:27
let me translate

I must admit he has a point.

Here we are in September still stuggling to get a reasonable number of SCSA's (and VSR's for that matter) out to race.

At this rate - IMHO - racing anywhere in 2009 seems to be dead in the water.

There's been a lot of talk in 2008, but I'm still not convinced - sorry guys :(

Maybe with all the negative comments made on here, none of us will think its worth it soon?.....whats more sad...When it was flying high in the Uk press everybody wanted to be part of it, but as soon as times get hard and fans support is needed more than ever!..nothing but negative remarks..

car20
8th September 2008, 03:45
kind of hard for fans to stay positive ! nobody is going to go see 7 vsr's with 3 scsa cars !

the fans came because it was oval there was average 18 cars that was positive.

maybe next year?

The Pits!
9th September 2008, 11:16
kind of hard for fans to stay positive ! nobody is going to go see 7 vsr's with 3 scsa cars ! the fans came because it was oval there was average 18 cars that was positive. maybe next year?
Exactly - we aren't being negative, just realistic.

I for one want a double figure field of SCSA's back on the Oval, unfortunately I just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future :( and I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

It's all very sad, but that's the way it appears.

jeffmr2
9th September 2008, 20:27
See you all at Mallory on the 28th

Doesnt this day pose a big dilema.Go to mallory where imo the best cars are racing or to where imo the best form of racing is at the rockingham oval.
Even though both series seem in dire need of support i'm also equally tempted to say balls to it all and watch kansas live on sky instead.
Please note the imo's i'm trying my best not to offend anyone or start that debate going again.

Abo
10th September 2008, 13:45
i didnt think racist remarks would be allowed on here

It wasn't racist?

Tractorboy.
10th September 2008, 21:15
split your self in half and go to both! The numbers have got to pick up in the series cause if it fades and dies the cars will be worth f all.

Chigley
10th September 2008, 21:37
Exactly - we aren't being negative, just realistic.

I for one want a double figure field of SCSA's back on the Oval, unfortunately I just can't see it happening in the foreseeable future :( and I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

It's all very sad, but that's the way it appears.

I'm afraid to say I agree with Simon (The Pits). The last couple of years there has been numerous promises, predictions, forecasts that the SCSA numbers will grow, more drivers, cars, teams etc but I'm afraid that SCSA seems to be an empty barrel and nothing that has been advised will happen has actually materialised. I'm sorry guys but in these days of "credit crunch", high fuel prices.... I'm not going to watch two or three cars trying to make up the numbers on a series that has seen itself implode. The couple of cars may be entertaining to watch power sliding but I can go and watch Drifting if that's want I want and I'd get my monies worth.

as times get hard and fans support is needed more than ever

I'm afraid the fans can't provide finance or drivers or teams. Give them entertainment and you'll get the support.

I sincerely wish SCSA well and ardently look forward to a constant grid of V8's in double figures but you are shooting yourselves in the feet with never ending empty words. Don't tell us you are doing something show us you are doing it.

:)

car20
11th September 2008, 15:26
I'm afraid the fans can't provide finance or drivers or teams. Give them entertainment and you'll get the support.

I sincerely wish SCSA well and ardently look forward to a constant grid of V8's in double figures but you are shooting yourselves in the feet with never ending empty words. Don't tell us you are doing something show us you are doing it.

:)

I was one who bought a season ticket last year, 3 in fact and took other family members who enjoyed it. and also ask me when i am going to watch but sadly i cant' reply.

so i sit and wonder!

Chigley
12th September 2008, 16:50
I was one who bought a season ticket last year, 3 in fact

Unfortunately your money went to Rockingham and not to SCSA. :down:

car20
20th September 2008, 17:15
Unfortunately your money went to Rockingham and not to SCSA. :down:

that i can't change !

point was i paid to seee the show as did others go back and fans will follow (well I will anyway)

jeffmr2
26th September 2008, 22:58
Doesnt this day pose a big dilema.Go to mallory where imo the best cars are racing or to where imo the best form of racing is at the rockingham oval.
Even though both series seem in dire need of support i'm also equally tempted to say balls to it all and watch kansas live on sky instead.

Is it ok to quote yourself?

Anyway ive chosen the balls to it all im staying in wales option!!
Sunday has nasn kansas nationwide race,then there is the f1 night race,then wigan v the magnificent man city and finally the sprint cup race!!Tv doesnt get much better than that.No doubt there'll be some horse racing to watch as well in the ad breaks lol.

Hope you all have a good time at the both meetings.

Tractorboy.
27th September 2008, 00:53
well you got the right choice for most of it but the magnificent man city? Ha ha ha god you need to support the other team in manchester!

foxystoat
27th September 2008, 12:09
FC United ?

Tractorboy.
27th September 2008, 18:56
ha didly ha!

jeffmr2
29th September 2008, 22:18
Well the results didnt quite go as i hoped lol!!
Kyle Busch taken out by Mike Bliss in n/wide,his car sabotaged again by Jack Roush in the cup race and City were robbed by the ref against wigan.
At least those ferrari's messed up again tho lol