PDA

View Full Version : Have Bernie and Max got the knives out?

Knock-on
1st September 2008, 19:39
There seems to have been a blood letting in the past few months.

The BRDC have been struck by a huge blow in losing Silverstone.

The Belgium GP is threatened with needless changes that could ruin the venue forever.

Adac is in the firing line for Max's wrath.

I think that Max is writing his legacy in revenge and Bernie is using the distraction to settle some old scores. Wonder how this will end and what the aftermath will be.

ArrowsFA1
1st September 2008, 21:22
Wonder how this will end...
Given that it is quite possible that Max "won't stand again (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69515)" Mosley will remain FIA President beyond October 2009, it is unlikely to end for some years to come :dozey:

Mark
2nd September 2008, 08:47
If things are to change then there needs to be a coup at the top of F1. Which could end up damaging the sport even further :s

Knock-on
3rd September 2008, 09:27
I agree with both of those views.

Max cannot be trusted to keep his word and if he renages, it might precipitate Marks fears.

Valve Bounce
3rd September 2008, 10:29
I am sure you will find all the latest updates on the ongoings in News of The World.

BDunnell
3rd September 2008, 12:37
Wonder how this will end and what the aftermath will be.

With Bernie's death and the buy-out of F1 by whoever offers the most money?

In all seriousness, we are now nearer the end of the Ecclestone era than the start of it, and F1 surely has to be looking towards his succession.

ioan
3rd September 2008, 12:48
F1 has already been bought out by CVC, still they let Bernie to run it, and I suppose that he is paid a good percentage of the income he is generating, otherwise I don't see why he would behave like he does.