PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Misano 2008

The Phantom
30th August 2008, 02:10
Sorry, just gonna throw some practise results in here - I'm battling pneumonia at the moment and don't have the energy to write any sort of event preview...

Second Practice Results

1. Stoner 1m34.80
2. Rossi 1m35.22
3. Capirossi 1m35.37
4. De Puniet 1m35.62
5. Vermeulen 1m35.74
6. Lorenzo 1m35.78
7. De Angelis 1m35.86
8. Edwards 1m35.91
9. Nakano 1m36.10
10. Toseland 1m36.10
11. Hayden 1m36.18
12. Pedrosa 1m36.21
13. Dovizioso 1m36.35
14. Elias 1m36.42
15. Guintoli 1m36.61
16. Melandri 1m37.09
17. West 1m38.23

First Practice results below
1 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'35.422 274.529
2 Colin EDWARDS USA Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'35.424 272.796 0.002
3 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM Gresini Honda 1'36.145 267.459 0.723
4 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'36.375 271.766 0.953
5 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'36.464 273.141 1.042
6 Nicky HAYDEN USA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.518 273.417 1.096
7 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA JiR Team Scot Honda 1'36.602 269.932 1.180
8 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'36.608 267.194 1.186
9 James TOSELAND GBR Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha 1'36.740 270.135 1.318
10 Shinya NAKANO JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'36.883 272.796 1.461
11 Toni ELIAS SPA Alice Team Ducati 1'37.099 274.739 1.677
12 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'37.196 268.589 1.774
13 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'37.355 271.220 1.933
14 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'37.380 276.639 1.958
15 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Alice Team Ducati 1'37.534 277.278 2.112
16 Marco MELANDRI ITA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'37.669 273.072 2.247
17 Anthony WEST AUS Kawasaki Racing Team 1'37.929 269.797 2.507

30th August 2008, 02:59
Keep taking the meds, and I hope you're on the improve soon.

Roby44
30th August 2008, 04:52
Sorry, just gonna throw some practise results in here - I'm battling pneumonia at the moment and don't have the energy to write any sort of event preview...

Get better soon, You're not Stephanie Rice are you?? :) She has it too!!

ChrisS
30th August 2008, 10:19
Hopkins missed Friday. Officially because of a rib injury he got at Brno. Unofficially because of a broken heart after a fight with his wife

ChrisS
30th August 2008, 10:32
also Stoner re-opened an old wrist injury. It didn't slow him down on Friday but it could be a problem for the race.

Corny
30th August 2008, 10:36
Unofficially because of a broken heart after a fight with his wife
Haha :D Where did you find that information?

Mach24
30th August 2008, 11:40
Haha :D Where did you find that information?

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/Aug/080829b.htm

ChrisS
30th August 2008, 11:44
gazzetta dello sport

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Motomondiale/MotoGP/Primo_Piano/2008/08/29/pophopkins.shtml

Corny
30th August 2008, 16:57
Casey's pace is unbelievable, he blasts the field away on this circuit, like last year..

I just hope Vale doesn't crash when trying to keep up with Casey, but we will see tomorrow..

Toni Elias is doing VERY well, his times on racetyres were very impressive!

Tomorrow's race will probably be a boring one with Casey riding away.. But we are used to boring races nowadays, so that's nothing special

jonny hurlock
30th August 2008, 19:09
casey pole lap was brilliant, seen it again, that probably the best lap all season, nicky hayden had a poor qualifying

30th August 2008, 22:25
Looks like a good race coming up but I believe that if it comes to a toss-up between winning and risking a lay-down, Rossi will do the sensible thing and settle for a high placing to reinforce his poston in the championship.

Conversely, Stoner is fired up and can be expected to be wringing the Duck's neck in an effort to claw back some points.

Good to see a few other riders shining in practice but those Kawasakis remain unimpressive.

30th August 2008, 22:27
Looks like a good race coming up but I believe that if it comes to a toss-up between winning and risking a lay-down, Rossi will do the sensible thing and settle for a high placing to reinforce his position in the championship.

Conversely, Stoner is fired up and can be expected to be wringing the Duck's neck in an effort to claw back some points.

Good to see a few other riders shining in practice but those Kawasakis remain unimpressive.

30th August 2008, 22:27
Looks like a good race coming up but I believe that if it comes to a toss-up between winning and risking a lay-down, Rossi will do the sensible thing and settle for a high placing to reinforce his position in the championship.

jonny hurlock
31st August 2008, 12:55
nicky hayden withdrew from this race, injury playing up from the x games

looks like Héctor Barberá if off Marco Simoncelli and Mattia Pasini Christmas
list, most heated man in italy with the booing on the podium

jonny hurlock
31st August 2008, 13:10
stoner out of the race

CaptainRaiden
31st August 2008, 13:35
Wow, Stoner crashes for the third time in three races. Maybe his hand was the reason for the crash. Probably we'll know the reason after the race, but if it was nothing very serious, then this is weird.

He didn't crash AT all in his other race wins this year while he was leading with a big margin too. What's happening now? Don't tell me Rossi has gotten into his head, because that would just make the rest of the season mega boring.

jim mcglinchey
31st August 2008, 14:33
Pretty subdued celebrations by Rossi and his fans, apart from Uccios humping of his leg, I think they realise that CS gifted them the win AGAIN!

Jorges second placing makes Hondas switch to Bridgestone look a bit panicy.

Ride of the day.. Chris V, pity about that moment in the first corner.

ChrisS
31st August 2008, 15:19
Great 125 race by Gabor Talmacsi. Smith was the only one that tried to keep up ended up 2nd 5 secs behind. Corsi was 3rd 14secs behind. not the sort of time differences you expect in 125

the 250 race was the best race of the weekend but at many points it looked more like amateur club racers rather than future MotoGP riders. Bautista and Takahashi were the 2 riders that kept there head cool and managed to finish 1st and 2nd. Barbera can be really dangerous but Simoncelli should have know better than getting involved in a race long battle with him when his main title rival is out of the race.

MotoGP was rather boring once again. Stoner gifted Rossi 25 points. Michelin managed to fight back a bit and Lorenzo finished 2nd. Elias once again on the podium is he just doing a "Checa"? performing only when its contract negotiation time or did the bike get better now that d'Antin is out of the team and Ducati gives them more support.

Chris V managed to recover from a bad start and Toseland equalled his MotoGP best finish

A bit disappointed with Edwards, he was the only michelin rider that didnt show signs of improvement though he was able to get in the top 10 in the end and very disappointed with Nakano on the Bridgestone HRC bike finishing way down.

Kawasaki back to their usual positions once again

Corny
31st August 2008, 16:40
Aii I enjoy Valentino so much, too bad he can't stay for ever in 'his' sport.. Like him or not; he has to impress you

Stoner has really got a punch in his face in Laguna Seca.. I think there are much more mistakes to come from him; he has a lot of work to do in his head before he'll win a championship again.

Pedrosa on Bridgestones from tomorrow on, as rumours tell. Better for sure, 'cause he doesn't seem to be motivated if you ask me

Elias is absolutely amazing the last times.. Hold that guy on a Ducati, please! I'm sure he'll win another time when he remains on a ducati

Lorenzo was quit good, but can only do such things when the bike and tyres are perfect

Just enjoyed watching MotoGP today, 'cause there will probably never be another person that is so amazing popular.. Valentino Rossi is MotoGP

Roby44
31st August 2008, 21:55
Pretty subdued celebrations by Rossi and his fans, apart from Uccios humping of his leg, I think they realise that CS gifted them the win AGAIN!

Jorges second placing makes Hondas switch to Bridgestone look a bit panicy.

Ride of the day.. Chris V, pity about that moment in the first corner.

Subdued celebrations!! Did you see that crowd!! How could they have had any sort of celebration with that amount of people about. Ago and Rossi would have been lost for ever if they got in amongst that lot..

CaptainRaiden
1st September 2008, 06:18

Are you sure you were watching the same race? Subdued celebrations?!?! They were so loud and euphoric that even Jorge and Elias were stunned. Did anyone see Rossi getting emotional on the podium after the Italian national anthem ended with every one of them singing along? He tried really, really hard not to cry and succeeded somehow.

Maybe you had your TV volume down, because I have myself never seen such a loud crowd after just one rider. Admit it or not, Valentino Rossi is officially the biggest crowd favorite of all time. His fan following will remain unchallenged in almost every country unless we get someone better, not only a good rider, but a good showman.

osg
1st September 2008, 07:08
I'm sorry, but Vale has broken Casey, just as he has broken Sete and Max before him...........

Stoner can make all the excuses he wants, but it comes down to pressure.... nothing more, nothing less. To throw a 3 second lead away is inexcuseable at any level, let alone the top.

Now, i'm off to do some engraving on the world championship trophy....

NinjaMaster
1st September 2008, 07:59
I'm sorry, but Vale has broken Casey, just as he has broken Sete and Max before him...........

Stoner can make all the excuses he wants, but it comes down to pressure.... nothing more, nothing less. To throw a 3 second lead away is inexcuseable at any level, let alone the top.

I don't believe that Stoner has been broken but time will tell. I'm confident Casey and Ducati will learn from their recent struggles and improve. It's just a shame the championship has fizzled out into such a non-event.

Corny
1st September 2008, 09:10
I think Casey just needs a little time of rest.. I bet you that he will come back amazing after the big winter break, just like in 2007

leopard
1st September 2008, 09:16
Ducati still have Elias, They may need to think to place him at factory team in case Stoner has his mental isn't quite up to Rossi's game. He has twice collided with Rossi and took him out. :)

Is it Michelin significantly improved, or Lorenzo has implemented the right tyres management as he looked nearly fall off at early race and stronger to the end of the race, he is probably getting back at form. However the two Yamaha scored result exceptionally spettacolo.

I was unfortunate unable to watch podium celebration. I forgot what I was doing, but the program seems changed after advertising when the race finished. Calcio league was already in the queue and was to blame. :angryfire ;)

1st September 2008, 11:44

You're entitled to your opinion of course. Be careful with those sharp engraving tools. :D

ChrisS
1st September 2008, 13:41
Are you sure you were watching the same race? Subdued celebrations?!?! They were so loud and euphoric that even Jorge and Elias were stunned. Did anyone see Rossi getting emotional on the podium after the Italian national anthem ended with every one of them singing along? He tried really, really hard not to cry and succeeded somehow.

Maybe you had your TV volume down, because I have myself never seen such a loud crowd after just one rider. Admit it or not, Valentino Rossi is officially the biggest crowd favorite of all time. His fan following will remain unchallenged in almost every country unless we get someone better, not only a good rider, but a good showman.

I think what jim mend was that Rossi and his fanclub didnt have anything prepared. No snow-white, giant bowling pins, past legends to ride his bike etc... Given that he equalled Ago's 68 premier-class wins.

The start/finish line did look like a sea of yellow at the podium ceremony and I think you are right, Rossi did get emotional

BTW did the San Marino minister kiss Rossi's hand when he was giving him the trophy or did I imagine that?

T-D
1st September 2008, 17:08

Now, i'm off to do some engraving on the world championship trophy....once is a mistake. twice, you can forgive. but, three times, and one is left with no other conclusion.

1st September 2008, 22:31
I don't believe that Stoner has been broken but time will tell. I'm confident Casey and Ducati will learn from their recent struggles and improve. It's just a shame the championship has fizzled out into such a non-event.

I think they'll get it sorted too. It would have been an exciting championship if Casey had kept it together and if Lorenzo had not been carrying injuries for so many races. They, along with Rossi and Pedrosa up front in the races would have made for great racing. But that's in a perfect racing world. There are some great battles going on mid pack but often we don't get to see much of them. Anyway WSBKs are back next weekend :cool:

The Phantom
2nd September 2008, 01:24
Vermeulen rode a great race! With Capirex not far behind. The Suzuki is getting stronger with every round.

Great result for Fiat Yamaha at what is effectively the home round, although everyone would be very relieved that Stoner went down again... none more than Elias :p

anupacraig
2nd September 2008, 06:14
Whilst title rival Casey Stoner fell by the wayside, Valentino Rossi extended his winning streak to four at Misano. A home victory and the retirement of rival Casey Stoner at Misano left Valentino Rossi one step closer to a sixth MotoGP World Championship, and his fans in celebratory mood amidst the yellow grandstands. Four consecutive race victories, a 75 point advantage in the standings and just five events remaining in 2008 mean that `The Doctor´ can now breathe a little easier after this latest triumph.

-------------------------------------------
anupacraig

ethical seo (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/ethical%20seo)