PDA

View Full Version : [FR]Rallye du Mont-Blanc Morzine 2008...

Tom206wrc
29th August 2008, 13:15
Hi,

Official entrylist of next round of the french tarmac rallies championship has been released today :D

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/asacmontblanc/dl/engages_mb2008.pdf

Excellent surprise for our polish friends, Michal Kosciuszko will run the rally in a Suzuki Ignis S1600 and for our spanish friends Luis Garcia Villarino present in a Fiat Grande Punto S2000 ;)

Tom206wrc
29th August 2008, 13:16
Sorry wrong section, I wanted to post in the european rallies section !!! :(

PuddleJumper
29th August 2008, 13:58
Easily fixed. :)

Tom206wrc
29th August 2008, 14:05
Thanks PuddleJumper :)

Eyvind
29th August 2008, 17:20
In the same weekend Luis Vilariño will be present at the rally San Froilan (Spain) with a Peugeot 207 S-2000

I don't think he can be in 2 events at the same time :dozey:

http://www.rallyesanfroilan.com/lista_inscritos.php?from=100

cut the b.s.
29th August 2008, 18:17
Great entry, would love to visit this event sometime, its a beautiful area, some incredible roads too

What date is it run on?

Tom206wrc
29th August 2008, 21:22
Great entry, would love to visit this event sometime, its a beautiful area, some incredible roads too

What date is it run on?

Next week(5-7th september) ;)

Tom206wrc
4th September 2008, 11:02
Start leg one tomorrow(SS1 at 9.09am gmt+2) ;)

http://www.ffsa.org/res_rallye.php?id=863&catCourse=ral

Eyvind
5th September 2008, 07:22
According to ffsa.org:

26A7SVILARINO Garcia Luis
Fiat Punto S2000ForfaitNon présenté aux vérifications

Tom206wrc
5th September 2008, 09:27
Great start of the Rallye du Mont blanc, with the expected "battle of the whales" :p :

After three stages, Alexandre Bengué is leading, as expected, but greatest surprise is Ludovic Gal who is driving a WRC for the first time in his life and managed a best time in the long SS3(26km) :eek:
His gap is 7.7s overall with Bengué :up:

Eric Mauffrey is doing OK but I expected him faster than Gal... :mark:

Great battle of Suzuki S1600 with Pierre Marché who is resisting well to Michal Kosciuszko(3s between them after SS3) :D

Fantastic battle in Trophée BFGoodrich too between Arnaud Augoyard, Olivier Marty, Patrick Rouillard, Gilles Nantet and Jean-Sebastien Vigion...

Tom206wrc
5th September 2008, 10:56
After SS4 we can notice the victory of the rally could be very tightly disputed between Bengué, Gal and Mauffrey, separated by only 7.7s overall !!!! :D

The trophée BFGoodrich also, as Augoyard has 5s advantage over Marty and 10s over Rouillard(Nantet is further but leading the GTs and Vigion retired unfortuneately)...

Only 8s between Marché and Kosciuszko in their Suzuki S1600s(but both behind Cédric Robert in his Clio R3)... ;)

In the S2000 class Mermet is largely leading Greiffenberg and Fasano but is also way behind smaller cars :mark:

In the Suzuki Cup, Bonato is leading in front of Schmitt and Carminati by a small margin...

In the 206 Cup, Millet is leading in front of Véricel, whereas Swiss Reuche and German Beck are fighting for 3rd position...

By the way, Peugeot-Sport presented yesterday at the rally the new 207 RC(R3T class)that will replace the 206s next year in the french cup !!! :D

Mirek
5th September 2008, 17:13
Bengue retired with mechanical problem :(

Jarek Z
5th September 2008, 21:06
Is this great live results service not free anymore?
http://www.patricksoft.fr

Jarek Z
5th September 2008, 21:11
Danny Snobeck, a Trophee Andros driver, is leading the rally. Kosciuszko currently in 17th position. Nothing special from the Pirelli Star Driver competitor!

I must say it must be great to see all those 306 Maxis and Megane Maxis in action again! Waiting for the photos!

Mirek
5th September 2008, 21:38
Jarek: Which other Polish guy would You send to Pirelli competition?

Tom206wrc
5th September 2008, 23:39
Is this great live results service not free anymore?
http://www.patricksoft.fr

Unfortuneately they stopped :(

Bengué retired because he damaged two wheels on stones...
Mauffrey also retired with gearbox failure...

Puncture for Gal in the penultimate stage of the leg(SS9), explaining the loss and the lateness of 30s overall...

But sure Snobeck did a great job, avoiding all problems to take the lead... ;)

Great battle in the BFGoodrich trophy between Marty and Augoyard :D
It's become very hard for Rouillard and Nantet already way behind :mark:

In the 206 Cup "tarmac master" Franck Véricel took the lead from Denis Millet, whereas Karl-Friedrich Beck managed to sideline Laurent Reuche for the 3rd position :)

Jarek Z
6th September 2008, 09:30
But sure Snobeck did a great job, avoiding all problems to take the lead... ;)

Yes, not bad for a 62-year old guy :)

Jarek Z
6th September 2008, 09:38
]Jarek: Which other Polish guy would You send to Pirelli competition?

According to http://www.rally-erc.com "Pirelli ‘Star Driver’ is a project aimed at investing in the growth of the sport and, in particular, helping younger drivers reach World Championship level."

Kosciuszko has been competing in WRC for 3 years and this year he is a factory driver in Suzuki. What kind of help does he still need to "reach World Championship level"???

wwbroe
6th September 2008, 10:40
Second day on it's way and after four stages today, with only two more stages to go:

1. Snobeck
2. Gal at 27"6
3. Marty at 2'57"4
4. Augoyard at 2'58"3
5. Rouillard at 4'09"9
6. Nantet at 5'02"2

The fight between Marty and Augoyard still going on. ;)

Mirek
6th September 2008, 10:43
Jarek: I do agree with You but I ask who do You suggest? I'm curious :)

You know, in our country it may be similar...

Tom206wrc
6th September 2008, 11:54
In the 206 cup Karl-Friedrich Beck is 2nd overall behind Frank Véricel now, as 2008 cup leader Denis Millet went off and retired on the longest stage(SS13 Alpes du Léman 26km long)... :)

Two stages to go before end of rally... ;)

By the way, the S2000 drivers are 14th(Mermet Grande Punto), 15th(Greiffenberg 207)and 20th(Fasano polo)... :mark:

Jarek Z
6th September 2008, 12:00
]Jarek: I do agree with You but I ask who do You suggest? I'm curious :)

In my opinion the best young driver in Poland now is Kajetan Kajetanowicz, but:
1) he is not good enough for international level
2) I think he's too old for this Pirelli competition (not sure about the age limit in this event)
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2585&pg_[go]=26

You know, the first decision (by the Sporting Comission) was Radek Typa, who is currently driving Citroen C2 R2
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2585&pg_[go]=21
When Typa learnt about it, he was very happy. Unfortunately, a few days later this decision was changed by Polish Motoring Association. The new driver chosen for the Pirelli competition was Michal Kosciuszko. I don't have to tell you what was the reaction of Typa and the whole rallying community in Poland. Controversy is the most lenient word here...

If it was my decision I would probably choose Typa, but to tell you the truth we don't have many young talents at the moment. There was pleanty of them a few years ago, but now... most of them had to stay at home without any hopes for sponsorship... Sad but true...
Lukasz Habaj (Peugeot Cup winner) is only one of them:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=1509&pg_[go]=25

Who was chosen in your country and who would you choose yourself?

Mirek
6th September 2008, 12:15
Jarek: The age limit is maximum 26 at 1st January 2009 ;)

I don't know who will be there. Some say it will be Prokop (than it is the same case as in Poland), some say Orsák or Šlehofer.

I would choose Orsák probably. Both him and Šlehofer are my favourites. Orsák is faster I think but makes a lot of mistakes. He is simply young and crazy (23 years). Šlehofer makes much less mistakes but has no 4WD experience.

In our country the situation with young talents seems to be better in the moment. Martin Semerád, Martin Bujáček or Jan Černý are 18 years and very promissing drivers. There is another fast and very crazy driver now in Pačejov - Václav Kopáček, who is known from amateur competition with Wartburg 353. Now he is driving A5 Fabia for the first time and doing good times. He lost a lot on SS2 but was 6th and 3rd on SS1 and 3 from 21 A5 cars :)

Tom206wrc
6th September 2008, 14:12
I'm seriously worrying !!!! :(

SS13 has been interrupted for longtime now, and according to witnesses writing in different forums there was gendarmerie car and ambulance on stage !!!! It could be after Cédric Durand(Suzuki cup driver)crash on stage...

I cross my fingers hoping nothing too serious happened...

Tom206wrc
6th September 2008, 14:54
I've been informed Cédric Durand and his codriver were injured in the crash of their car, but still alive, their lives isn't in danger(they have been transported to hospital)!!!!

Good news :)

I wish them a speed recovery...

Jarek Z
7th September 2008, 13:25
The rally is over. Final results:
1. Dany Snobeck/Gilles Mondesir (F) Peugeot 307 WRC 2:09.28,8
2. Ludovic Gal/Gilles de Turckheim (F) Peugeot 307 WRC +29,3
3. Olivier Marty/Ludovic Martin (F) Renault Maxi Megane +3.38,1 (1. A7K)
4. Arnaud Augoyard/Nicolas Baudin (F) Peugeot 306 Maxi +3.51,5 (2. A7K)
5. Patrick Rouillard/Guilhem Zazurca (F) Renault Maxi Megane +5.16,4 (3. A7K)
6. Marc Barbe/Stephane Renelleau (F) Peugeot 206 WRC +5.59:,5
7. Gilles Nantet/Rene Belleville (F) Porsche 997 GT3 +6.14,8 (1. GT10)
8. Michel Bonfils/Daniel Tornior (F) Subaru Impreza WRC S11+8.02,2
9. Georges Guebey/Nadege Passaquin (F) Peugeot 206 WRC +9.26,9
10. Olivier Courtois/Damien Jole (F) Renault Maxi Megane +10.47,8 (4. A7K)
18. Michał Kościuszko/Maciej Szczepaniak (PL) Suzuki Swift S1600 +13.27,5 (3. A6K)

urabus-denoS2000
7th September 2008, 17:00
I have been out of the forums for the whole summer period so could someone please say what is the Pirelli Star Driver competition that Jarek and Mirek are talking about?

Jarek Z
7th September 2008, 19:34
Urabus, you can read all about this action here:
http://www.rally-erc.com/rally_cover.php?sec=11

urabus-denoS2000
7th September 2008, 20:44
Thanks Jarek!