PDA

View Full Version : What is your best annual tradition?

A.F.F.
25th August 2008, 20:58
Mine is definately NORF, Neste Oil Rally Finland that is. Not that the rally itself is usually amazing but what makes it even better is that over the years it has grown to be a forum meeting with really amazing bunch of people. Some come for the fifth or sixth time and some for the first time. So it'a always meeting good friends you already know and then some new appereances. For me that rally weekend is totally brilliant which charge my batteries for a long time :)

What's yours? :)

Tomi
25th August 2008, 21:31
The NORF is good offcourse, I have another good one too, the first friday in october we have a meeting with the guys from the teen years, we are about 15 people that meet somewhere, normally in some companys representation place, the party is from six in evening to six in the morning, the one who dont show up without proper reason has to pay the food and drinks for the others, proper reason is death.

rah
25th August 2008, 21:56
Any public holidays.

Mark
25th August 2008, 23:16
Every year we go a pub in Barton Mills in Suffolk called The Olde Bull. Just been there for the 5th year this weekend. This time they had an all day music festival on which was nice.
Karen and I have it as a bit of a tradition now since we have been every year since we have met but I am wondering if it is worthwhile continuing since we have seen most of what there is to see in the local area plus the pub isn't quite as nice as it was ever since the new owners took over.

janneppi
26th August 2008, 06:33
I meet some old friends two days before Christmas, we used to pull a Stiga sled behind a car for many years, but last two years we've wimped out and gone to heat up some sausages on a bonfire.

pino
26th August 2008, 07:20
NORF for me too for the same reasons mentioned by A.F.F. :up: I used to love the annual forum kart-meeting at Birmingham too, unfortunately it lasted a few years only :(

Mark
26th August 2008, 12:02
We will have to see about getting the karting going again for 2009!

pino
26th August 2008, 12:39

That would be great :s mokin:

Sleeper
26th August 2008, 17:43
The Summers End festivel in mid to late Sptember every year. Excellent music headlined by Threshold, IQ and The Tangent this year on each day.

Hazell B
26th August 2008, 19:59
We used to go and see The Levellers on tour each year, but a friend in our group die and it ruined the whole thing :(

Now we do at least one outdoor Shakespeare (this coming friday as it happens) and one Stratford trip for real Shakespeare. Deeply different to The Levellers :p :

MrJan
26th August 2008, 20:38
First day of the football season :D All that expectation and excitement of what is to come.......all of which has been trampled by depression and despair within 3 months :(

J4MIE
26th August 2008, 21:27

Yes I still have to finish off my trophy collection with a gold one :p :

I can't really think of anything that I do every single year :s

Drew
26th August 2008, 21:35
EUROVISION! :beer:

I'm that classy :)

edv
26th August 2008, 22:39
September 19th. Arrrrggh matey!

A.F.F.
26th August 2008, 22:53
EUROVISION! :beer:

I'm that classy :)

I'm right behind you. I'm with the Oscars :)

Garry Walker
27th August 2008, 12:39
The Stanley cup finals

PuddleJumper
1st September 2008, 21:57
I'm another NORF regular, 2008 being my 5th year. I've made some really great friends in Finland and enjoy the social aspect of my visits as much as seeing the rally itself. Really appreciate the efforts of DonJippo in organising us every year because if it were left to the rest of us it would all go pear-shaped.

Another regular annual tradition is a trip to a theme park for my sister's birthday. For the last 6 or 7 years we've gone to Alton Towers to ride the roller coasters, but decided on a change this year and went to Blackpool instead. It's always a lot of fun.

rah
1st September 2008, 23:32
Mates + beer + bourbon + bbq + Bathurst weekend. Doesn't get much better than that.