PDA

View Full Version : driver penaltys from NASCAR for Bristol ?

Saabaru
25th August 2008, 04:23
Should stiffer fines be imposed upon drivers who act out such as Kyle Busch did with his little fiasco or is NASCAR nothing more that a demolition derby?

harvick#1
25th August 2008, 04:36
I've been waiting for Kyle to come back to his usually form, by being a little cry-baby.

He can dish it, but can't take it. Carl did nothing wrong, he moved him, never wrecked him during the race, Kyle would've done the same thing, hes just mad that someone actually did it to him.

Saabaru
25th August 2008, 05:09
Should NASCAR not suspent Kyle for the next few races for ramming Carl after the race was over, or is NASCAR encouraging this kind of behavior?

Jonesi
25th August 2008, 08:32
Should NASCAR not suspent Kyle for the next few races for ramming Carl after the race was over, or is NASCAR encouraging this kind of behavior?

Nascar has always sent mixed messages about behavior like that. They're going to doing something to show they are in control and to keep it from escalating, but not much because they know it sells tickets. (Remember EVERY recap of the history of Nascar shows the end of the '79 Daytona 500.;-) Best guess CE $5k, KB $10k and probation til end of year. Also Kyle gets talk #101 on how he needs Nascar more than Nascar needs him.

RaceFanStan
25th August 2008, 12:09
I am a fan of Kyle Busch's aggresive driving style & talent, I enjoy watching him race ...
he thought he had the Bristol race won, no doubt he was dissappointed after leading so many laps ...
Kyle was beaten by the classic "bump & run", a move he has used himself to win a race ...
listening to the comments seem to show some "bad blood" between Kyle Busch & Carl Edwards ...
I say bring it on, like I said before, I like aggresive racing ...
as long as no-one hits the wall it is good hard racing & a flashback to what made NASCAR great. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/thum/1ua.gif

(BTW, I am also a fan of Carl Edwards, he is another good aggresive driver with big talent.)

Vez
25th August 2008, 17:16
from Jayski's
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news18

Kyle Busch could be penalized: NASCAR officials will discuss on Monday if #18-Kyle Busch will be penalized for instigating an incident with winner #99-Carl Edwards on the cool-down lap of Saturday night's Sprint Cup race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Busch, upset over contact from Edwards when he lost the lead with 30 laps remaining, rammed the right side of his car into the #99 as they came back towards the start/finish line after Edwards took the checkered flag for the sixth time this season. Edwards retaliated by spinning Busch out. NASCAR officials immediately summoned Busch to the hauler. Robin Pemberton, NASCAR's vice president of competition, said the situation will be further evaluated. There is precedence for a penalty. Tony Stewart was fined $10,000 and placed on probation for five months after ramming Jeff Gordon's car on pit road in retaliation for a last-lap incident in the 2001 Bristol race. Edwards was not summoned by NASCAR, but he was stopped near the NASCAR hauler by Joe Gibbs Racing president J.D. Gibbs to talk about the exchange with his driver. "He just explained to me that you reap what you sow, which I believe," Edwards said. "I explained to him that's why that happened that way. That's it. I have a lot of respect for him and the organization. They do a really good job and I really look up to them, so that's that." Busch did not talk to reporters following the meeting with NASCAR president Mike Helton, Pemberton and series director John Darby. JGR owner Joe Gibbs, also in the meeting with NASCAR, said only that "NASCAR is smart at what they do. They handle everything the right way."(ESPN.com)(8-24-2008)

We shall see what happens next.

ms0362
25th August 2008, 18:21
Nascar's site is full of "rival" articles. They push it gain ratings. Edward's used a bump and run, which is standard for Bristol. Earnhardt used it, Gordon used it, Wallace used it. If Busch were fast enough to stay in the lead he would have caught back up and been able to do the same thing to regain the lead, but he didn't. So the fastest car won the race. He'll get a $10k fine and a slap on the wrist.

carracing
25th August 2008, 18:56
I've been waiting for Kyle to come back to his usually form, by being a little cry-baby.

He can dish it, but can't take it. Carl did nothing wrong, he moved him, never wrecked him during the race, Kyle would've done the same thing, hes just mad that someone actually did it to him.

It was only a matter of time... you can't hide who you are for long.

;)

dj420
25th August 2008, 19:51
Nascar's site is full of "rival" articles. They push it gain ratings. Edward's used a bump and run, which is standard for Bristol. Earnhardt used it, Gordon used it, Wallace used it. If Busch were fast enough to stay in the lead he would have caught back up and been able to do the same thing to regain the lead, but he didn't. So the fastest car won the race. He'll get a $10k fine and a slap on the wrist.
Like Earnhardt used to say..."if they were a little faster, I wouldn't have gotten to their rear bumper." :)

Rapier Racer
25th August 2008, 21:53
Should stiffer fines be imposed upon drivers who act out such as Kyle Busch did with his little fiasco or is NASCAR nothing more that a demolition derby?

Pffft thats a way over the top assessment lol demolition derby.... :laugh:

You can't beat a spot of drama jeez, the way things are going with some of the attitudes around here an exchange of flowers between drivers post race will be expected next then everyone can come on and post about the good sportsmanship and all that crap.

Speaking of Earnhardt, would he have done this?

Sparky1329
26th August 2008, 05:41
Speaking of Earnhardt, would he have done this?

You bet your socks he would. :D

Simmi
26th August 2008, 12:43
I think like people have said a small fine and a slap on the wrists is all that is required. I dont see why anything more is needed really. I mean did you hear the cheer at the end when Kyle got turned around. I bet Carl took as much pleasure from that as winning the race itself. The fans clearly did.

A nice rivallry/feud going into the chase just adds more drama. And its all about the pantomime in NASCAR. Long may it continue.

jeffmr2
26th August 2008, 16:12
I mean did you hear the cheer at the end when Kyle got turned around. I bet Carl took as much pleasure from that as winning the race itself. The fans clearly did.

No doubt that was the jr fans chearing,lets face it they dont get to chear his driving much nowadays.
I'm a big fan of Kyle but have to admit i was laughing when Carl retaliated and turned him.The shame is Carl is my 2nd fave driver so i dont really want a rivalry to grow between them.

Sparky1329
26th August 2008, 21:42
I can't stand either of them or Denny Hamlin for that matter. I was hoping the #99, #18 and #11 would all take each other out and Harvick would win for a change. These pick-a-chithead wins are wearing on me.

tstran17_88
28th August 2008, 00:34
NASCAR announced on Wednesday that it has placed Kyle Busch and Carl Edwards on probation for the next six races in the Sprint Cup Series, as a result of their on-track incident Saturday night at the conclusion of the race at Bristol.

Busch and Edwards violated Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; hitting another competitor's car after the race had concluded) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book.

The probation takes effect beginning with this weekend's event at Fontana, Calif.

Executing an adroit bump and run on Lap 470, Edwards passed for the lead and pulled away over the final 30 laps, winning by 1.969 seconds over Busch.

"It's one of those deals where I couldn't get by him, I couldn't get by him, and I just had to ask myself, 'Would he do that to me?' Edwards said after doing his trademark backflip off the car in Victory Lane. "And he has before, so that's the way it goes.''

Unhappy with the way Edwards passed him for the lead, Busch bumped Edwards' No. 99 Ford after the checkered flag. Edwards bumped back, and Busch's No. 18 Toyota went spinning.

"He'll always come back and say he's sorry," Busch said. "He did it at Milwaukee and he's done it a few other times. It's just his normal fashion. That's fine. I've grown to know that now.

"You know, to pass a guy, to hit him getting into the corners ... is very tired. But that's what he did. ... I had been getting into the corner light all day, and I don't know, maybe I over-braked and drove myself right back into his nose."

NASCAR summoned Busch to the sanctioning body's transporter after the race.

"Let's make it real clear -- I'm not apologizing for it," Edwards said, citing several instances where he felt like Busch took him out of races to gain positions. "We're even.

"They keep talking about rivalries,'' Edwards added. "We might have one now.''

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/27/cedwards.kybusch.probation.bristol/index.html

jslone
28th August 2008, 06:50
so Nascar says its okay for some drivers to do hard driving but these 2?Yeah they have had a history but who cares?This could be a great rivalry.

colinspooky
28th August 2008, 10:57
Penalties? You are joking right. :rolleyes:

29th August 2008, 18:29
world of warcraft gold Promotion! Here guarantee the lowest price of wow gold (http://www.akgame.com) in the market! There will can make your wow life rich and we can promise you will be a hero in world of warcraft cause you will have more and more wow power level (http://www.wow-power-leveling.com) to get good weapen and other stuff ! we have sell Buy wow gold the price Slashed again! Unbeatable price from the direct sale. You are buying World of Warcraft gold (http://www.akgame.com/world-of-warcraft-eu-c-2.html) from the game developers directly, not from the resellers, no hacking, no cheating, guarantee work ! but please keep your mind clear , don't pay more time and money there , cause you have your live life ! ok that's all thanks for your read . ( maybe this is a good news)