PDA

View Full Version : Is there something this kid doesn't complain?

ioan
22nd August 2008, 21:01
"It's very important to create a gap ahead if you want a clear lap - you can't see ahead around the corners because they're all blind," said Hamilton.

"Some drivers just back up into you. They take advantage of the fact they have a small gap behind them and don't care about who's following.

"They back up into you because they're trying to create a gap for themselves, but that compromises your fast lap."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69970

Not to mention that he is contradicting himself, but that is no surprise when we talk about Lewy!

BDunnell
22nd August 2008, 21:39
And is it any more of a surprise that we have to endure your comments on it, ioan?

Andrewmcm
22nd August 2008, 21:42
Irony is a beautiful thing, particularly when inadvertently used.....

ioan
22nd August 2008, 21:43
And is it any more of a surprise that we have to endure your comments on it, ioan?

Is it a surprise to you that someone wants to discuss about something F1 related? :rolleyes:

ArrowsFA1
22nd August 2008, 22:04
Isn't Hamilton talking about the kind of thing Bourdais was given a five-place grid penalty for in Hungary?

It seems rather odd that someone who was strongly critical of Bourdais, and supportive of the penalty imposed on him at the time, now complains about Hamilton's comments on the subject :dozey:

wedge
22nd August 2008, 22:07

Not to mention that he is contradicting himself, but that is no surprise when we talk about Lewy!

Not surprising since most drivers complain at some point or other.

According to Anthony Davidson, Massa is constantly complains about the blue flags during driver briefings and yet Ant says he was pretty useless driving at the wrong end of the field at Silverstone this year.

Another example of Ioan complaining about Lewis Hamilton/McLaren

ioan
22nd August 2008, 22:31
Isn't Hamilton talking about the kind of thing Bourdais was given a five-place grid penalty for in Hungary?

It seems rather odd that someone who was strongly critical of Bourdais, and supportive of the penalty imposed on him at the time, now complains about Hamilton's comments on the subject :dozey:

Bourdais did it in Qualifying, today were only Free Practice sessions, an obvious difference.

You see, if it was done in Qualy I would be as critical as 3 weeks ago, but delaying someone during Free Practice won't cost anyone anything.

ioan
22nd August 2008, 22:32
Not surprising since most drivers complain at some point or other.

According to Anthony Davidson, Massa is constantly complains about the blue flags during driver briefings and yet Ant says he was pretty useless driving at the wrong end of the field at Silverstone this year.

Another example of Ioan complaining about Lewis Hamilton/McLaren

Exactly the crap I was expecting from the Lewy fans! :laugh:

BDunnell
22nd August 2008, 22:47

I for one have come to realise that ioan's opinions on F1 are... er, extraordinarily versatile.

And, ioan, as you know, I do not class myself as a Hamilton fan. Don't tar all of us who are fed up with your endless sniping with the same brush, thank you very much.

gloomyDAY
23rd August 2008, 02:28
Ioan, when I read the title of this thread I thought you were talking about yourself.

ShiftingGears
23rd August 2008, 02:51
Exactly the crap I was expecting from the Lewy fans! :laugh:

And, as always, everyone who disagrees with your constant complaining is part of the same interchangable group of either McLaren fans, Mosely haters or Lewis fanboys, depending on what topic they disagree with you about.

Could it just be that noone else sees Lewis saying what we all know (ie, that drivers want to get a clean lap, which may compromise others laps) as complaining, and that you are just complaining about it because Hamilton said it?

An example:

"It's very important to create a gap ahead if you want a clear lap - you can't see ahead around the corners because they're all blind," said Massa.

"Some drivers just back up into you. They take advantage of the fact they have a small gap behind them and don't care about who's following.

"They back up into you because they're trying to create a gap for themselves, but that compromises your fast lap."

Does sound like complaining to you?

harsha
23rd August 2008, 03:47
he's just stating his opinion...he's not blaming anyone for it...

in what way is that complaining.If you ask every other driver,they would say the same thing.Why is only Lewis Hamilton's voice being the only one heard.

Mclaren anyone :rolleyes:

CNR
23rd August 2008, 04:48
i think this being a new venue. on the first day show what a 4 q n hot head lewis is. but i think he needs to look at his own driving

Vettel, 21, one of the most promising young drivers in the field who is leaving the Toro Rosso team for Red Bull next season, had earlier lapped with a best time of one minute and 40.496 seconds on the new 5.42-km Valencia street circuit.

Brazilian Felipe Massa was second for Ferrari ahead of championship leading Briton Lewis Hamilton in a McLaren.

Vettel's Toro Rosso team-mate Sebastien Bourdais of France was fourth, making it a stunning morning's work for the team, taking their first look at the track that runs around the revamped port of the coastal Spanish city.

McLaren being shown up by toro rosso i think he did not like this

CaptainRaiden
23rd August 2008, 07:14
I'm not a die hard Hamilton fan, and to be completely unbiased, that doesn't sound like complaining at all. He is just stating one of the problems drivers face when starting a hot lap. What's so wrong with that?

This is really like that classic saying, dunno if I'm messing it up but, making a mountain out of a grain of salt. (Was that right?)

inimitablestoo
23rd August 2008, 08:47
Ioan, when I read the title of this thread I thought you were talking about yourself.

:laugh:

Let's be honest, Lewis could save some people from drowning, discover a cure for cancer and bring all the peoples of the world together by ending all the wars and ioan would still find something to complain about :rolleyes:

Big Ben
23rd August 2008, 10:09
it sounds to me more like an excuse than a complaint

Dave B
23rd August 2008, 12:14
:laugh:

Let's be honest, Lewis could save some people from drowning, discover a cure for cancer and bring all the peoples of the world together by ending all the wars and ioan would still find something to complain about :rolleyes:

I've said before that if Lewis walked on water there'd be those complaining that he couldn't swim :p

ioan
23rd August 2008, 12:56
Let's be honest, Lewis could save some people from drowning, discover a cure for cancer and bring all the peoples of the world together by ending all the wars ...

And you lot would believe he can do it! :rotflamo:

BDunnell
23rd August 2008, 13:21
And you lot would believe he can do it! :rotflamo:

Wow, I bet no-one expected that response.

CNR
23rd August 2008, 13:45
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/167944-0/content.html

Lewis Hamilton (http://www.crash.net/gpa/driver~driver_id~12238.htm) has struck out at some of his Formula 1 (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/home/) rivals for failing to consider other drivers when on the race (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/167944-0/content.html#) track – after he claims he was ‘compromised' when in search of a quick lap time during opening practice for the European Grand Prix.

The F1 (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/home/) World Championship leader ultimately ended the first day fifth-fastest, just over two tenths of a second shy of the leading pace. Whilst he admitted to being confident about his chances over the remainder of the weekend, he sought to point out that some of his colleagues should perhaps choose to show a little more concern for others when out on the circuit.

“I took things step-by-step,” the McLaren-Mercedes star related in an interview with the Daily Telegraph, “and tried to improve the car's (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/167944-0/content.html#) balance throughout the day. All the time I'm out there, I'm learning new things about the track.

IT is ok for him to do it in qualifying

ioan
23rd August 2008, 13:57
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/167944-0/content.html

IT is ok for him to do it in qualifying

;)

ioan
23rd August 2008, 13:57

A bit of unpredictability is always a good thing.

BDunnell
23rd August 2008, 14:05
A bit of unpredictability is always a good thing.

So is a bit of irony.

harsha
23rd August 2008, 14:27

i expected worse tbh ;)

Mifune
23rd August 2008, 15:37
yes ioan some people will complain endlessly about inconsequential garbage...
One of the drawbacks of a free society wouldn't you say?

truefan72
23rd August 2008, 16:01
ioans' day

wake up,
read the papers
look for something about Hamilton
rush to the Forum
post his anger/outrage about the comments
attack anyone who disagrees
increase his post count
go to sleep

never mind that the biggest complainer in F1 right now is Massa.
who amongst things complained about "other cars being on the track"

oh well, ioan being ioan :)

ioan
23rd August 2008, 16:44
ioans' day

wake up,
read the papers
rush to the Forum
increase his post count
go to sleep

As soon as someone is ioan and has a different opinion from the masses, he has problem with the masses!
Not as if he bothers! :laugh:

truefan72
23rd August 2008, 17:25
ioan there is a fine line between opinion and partisan punditry,
alas, one that you often cross.

but it's all good, as most of us know exactly where you are coming from, so I read your comments ...sorry...opinions from that basis.

;)

ioan
23rd August 2008, 17:30
I never made a secret about my opinion or my "partisanship", unlike some others with their hidden agendas, who pose for saints around here!

So, back to the thread, started for something other than a slagging of ioan because he is no Lewy fan. ;)
For those who didn't bother to read the first post: Lewy first acknowledges the need to make some free space in order to do a good lap, and than he criticizes the other for doing exactly that! Make of it what you wish, I call it hypocrite, even if in a way it's even stupid! :p :

BDunnell
23rd August 2008, 17:36
I never made a secret about my opinion or my "partisanship", unlike some others with their hidden agendas, who pose for saints around here!

I do hope that comment isn't directed at me.

For those who didn't bother to read the first post: Lewy first acknowledges the need to make some free space in order to do a good lap, and than he criticizes the other for doing exactly that! Make of it what you wish, I call it hypocrite, even if in a way it's even stupid! :p :

My problem is that you only seem to form an opinion on many things as a result of Hamilton or someone else from McLaren expressing a view on something. You automatically go into 'disagree' mode and feel the need to tell us about it. You seem mildly obsessed with Hamilton and McLaren. In fact, I think you secretly love them.

Oh, and as someone else pointed out a while ago, your habit of sticking exclamation marks and smilies all over the place in your posts is not endearing. In fact, to me, it has the opposite effect.

markabilly
23rd August 2008, 21:48

Actually I thought that hamilton was talking about the kind of thing that he was doing behind the safety car in the rain in Japan.....but since it was in a race that makes it okay..... :dozey:

Jag_Warrior
23rd August 2008, 21:53
ioans' day

wake up,
read the papers
rush to the Forum
increase his post count
go to sleep

In defense of Ioan, I have it on good word that he showers and brushes the teeth after getting up and he takes a meal before coming to the forum to post his anti-Hamilton diatribes. He also throws darts at his Lewis Hamilton dartboard before going to sleep.

So he's more well rounded than we realize. :p :

Easy Drifter
23rd August 2008, 22:20
Much as ioan p--ss-s me off at times when he can get away from his dislike for McLaren he can and does post some interesting comments.
I can't believe I am sticking up for him. And I have been taking my nasty pills today!

BDunnell
23rd August 2008, 22:27
Much as ioan p--ss-s me off at times when he can get away from his dislike for McLaren he can and does post some interesting comments.

This is true. Shame it doesn't happen enough, in my opinion, but never mind. (I hope, by the way, that that doesn't sound too unpleasant.)

Jag_Warrior
23rd August 2008, 23:07

He does at that. We all have drivers that we cheer for and those that we root against. It's only when we negatively focus in on a single driver (in almost every single post) that we become tired, one-trick ponies.

Valve Bounce
23rd August 2008, 23:42

Reminds me of Massa and Ferrari, remember?

Valve Bounce
23rd August 2008, 23:44
ioans' day

wake up,
read the papers
rush to the Forum
increase his post count
go to sleep

You forget Ron Dennis and McLaren, which seems to make him fioan at the mouth. :D

mstillhere
24th August 2008, 00:59

I totally second that

speeddurango
24th August 2008, 01:47
Is there something this kid doesn't complain?

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 03:35
Is there something this kid doesn't complain?

You've got me there!! every time, complain, complain, complain!! I reckon his negative posts outnumber his positive posts by around 9.5 to 1. :(

Bruce D
24th August 2008, 07:28
So let me get this straight - someone posts a thread about someone giving their opinion, gives his opinion on the matter and then has to hear dozens of opinions from other members about his opinion not matching their opinion.

Why does everything in this F1 forum section always degenerate into mud-sling, "your mother is a ****", personal attack on everyone all the time? I don't see this on other sections of this site. I've recently seen something on the Indycar section where we were all having a decent conversation about a topic, when someone obviously from the F1 section got lost and decided that instead of talking about the topic he would attack every single person who had posted so far on that topic. The best part was everyone just IGNORED HIM and carried on chatting nicely about the topic afterwards. Not one person responded to his highly offencive, totally incorrect and unjustified attack.

So, morale of the story: If you don't like someone's opinion, don't tell them where to stuff it, just ignore them and either carry on chatting about the topic, or resist the urge type something and move on to the next topic.

pino
24th August 2008, 08:01
Great post Bruce and I totally agree with you :up: Now let's see how many will agree with me about it...

harsha
24th August 2008, 08:31
er..Ioan's the life of the formula 1 community...

this place wouldn't be as exciting if everyone starts ignoring his posts

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 09:38
Great post Bruce and I totally agree with you :up: Now let's see how many will agree with me about it...

OK pino, you asked for an answer. So answer me this: how often does ioan post something positive about F1, that will make everyone here feel happy? What is your percentage take on this?

F1boat
24th August 2008, 09:46
Valve, he posts his opinion for the McLaren team and it obvously makes McLaren fans displeased.
But it pleases me, as I also loathe the McLiar team ;)

ShiftingGears
24th August 2008, 09:50
Valve, he posts his opinion for the McLaren team and it obvously makes McLaren fans displeased.
But it pleases me, as I also loathe the McLiar team ;)

See post #11.

ioan
24th August 2008, 09:58
In defense of Ioan, I have it on good word that he showers and brushes the teeth after getting up and he takes a meal before coming to the forum to post his anti-Hamilton diatribes. He also throws darts at his Lewis Hamilton dartboard before going to sleep.

So he's more well rounded than we realize. :p :

I'll have to say you are pretty well informed! :D
Less the dartboard, but it's a good idea I'll get one tomorrow! :p :

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:00
I can't believe I am sticking up for him. And I have been taking my nasty pills today!

Appreciated! :)

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:01
Reminds me of Massa and Ferrari, remember?

Not at all, care to detail a bit more?!

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:02
You've got me there!! every time, complain, complain, complain!! I reckon his negative posts outnumber his positive posts by around 9.5 to 1. :(

Depends on the POV! IMO your average of negative to positive is 13 :1! :laugh:

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:04
So let me get this straight - someone posts a thread about someone giving their opinion, gives his opinion on the matter and then has to hear dozens of opinions from other members about his opinion not matching their opinion.

Why does everything in this F1 forum section always degenerate into mud-sling, "your mother is a ****", personal attack on everyone all the time? I don't see this on other sections of this site. I've recently seen something on the Indycar section where we were all having a decent conversation about a topic, when someone obviously from the F1 section got lost and decided that instead of talking about the topic he would attack every single person who had posted so far on that topic. The best part was everyone just IGNORED HIM and carried on chatting nicely about the topic afterwards. Not one person responded to his highly offencive, totally incorrect and unjustified attack.

So, morale of the story: If you don't like someone's opinion, don't tell them where to stuff it, just ignore them and either carry on chatting about the topic, or resist the urge type something and move on to the next topic.

Post of the year! :up:
It shows the problems of this forum, and also the solutions to them.

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:05

+1 :)

ioan
24th August 2008, 10:08
OK pino, you asked for an answer. So answer me this: how often does ioan post something positive about F1, that will make everyone here feel happy? What is your percentage take on this?

:eek:

You can't be serious.
You mean you come here just to feel happy in a merry go around of agreeing people expressing only opinions that are finely tuned one to the other?!
What about moving to China?!

Note to myself, I should start posting grouped answers again.

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 10:14
Depends on the POV! IMO your average of negative to positive is 13 :1! :laugh:

OK, I'm willing to continue this discussion until I get another warning from ianeppi or until he pulls the plug on my posts.

I often try to post something humorous to cheer this forum up. If you think it is 13:1 negative, I would ask you to prove your assessment. I seldom complain and moan about teams and or drivers competing in F1, quite unlike your continuous complaints about Ron Dennis, McLaren and cheating, which, I might say, you have done to death here to the annoyance of many. Anything about Lewis Hamilton in the press seems to trigger another complaint and/or negative post

I will challenge you to back up any assessment of your contributions where you try to contribute to this forum where your posts would leave a happy feeling here.

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 10:16
:eek:

You can't be serious.
You mean you come here just to feel happy in a merry go around of agreeing people expressing only opinions that are finely tuned one to the other?!
What about moving to China?!

Note to myself, I should start posting grouped answers again.

Some of us do post something that leaves a happy feeling in this forum. You don't.

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 10:34
Just a question here, ioan, to ask you quite fairly and honestly: If I posted that "You sound like a broken record.", would you consider this an insult? Because this was what I received a warning from previously.

I just want to set the record straight right now how you consider this - because if you do, then I will apologise unreservedly.

pino
24th August 2008, 10:37

Valve mate, as you know very well, ioan was/is a MS and I believe a Ferrari fan too, how can you expect his posts should make everyone happy in here ? :crazy: :p :

Now to everyone, could we go back to the original topic, and quit personal comments/attacks...thank you :)

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 11:01
Valve mate, as you know very well, ioan was/is a MS and I believe a Ferrari fan too, how can you expect his posts should make everyone happy in here ? :crazy: :p :

Now to everyone, could we go back to the original topic, and quit personal comments/attacks...thank you :)

pino, you should be in the diplomatic service. I will nominate your for the post:"Special Italian Envoy to the Olympic Movement" :up:

ioan
24th August 2008, 11:02
Some of us do post something that leaves a happy feeling in this forum. You don't.

Get used to it. It won't change anytime soon.

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 11:03
Get used to it. It won't change anytime soon.

:(

ioan
24th August 2008, 11:11
Just a question here, ioan, to ask you quite fairly and honestly: If I posted that "You sound like a broken record.", would you consider this an insult? Because this was what I received a warning from previously.

I just want to set the record straight right now how you consider this - because if you do, then I will apologise unreservedly.

Well, let's put things straight for you.
Read my posts in this thread and count how many times I attacked other members. Than count how many times I was attacked by others, you included.

After you did that just think about it, who is doing the bad thing?
Me, because I post my opinion about something related to F1?
Or you, because instead of expressing your opinion about what I posted you decided to attack me?!

I have my opinions, and these are obviously often different from those of the majority around here, and that is normal as there is always a majority and a minority in our not so perfect world.
You have your opinions too.
The difference is that you can't read opinions you don't agree with without attacking me, all this while I just ignore your opinions if I don't like them, and I do not attack you because of them.

Valve Bounce
24th August 2008, 12:34
Well, let's put things straight for you.
Read my posts in this thread and count how many times I attacked other members. Than count how many times I was attacked by others, you included.

After you did that just think about it, who is doing the bad thing?
Me, because I post my opinion about something related to F1?
Or you, because instead of expressing your opinion about what I posted you decided to attack me?!

I have my opinions, and these are obviously often different from those of the majority around here, and that is normal as there is always a majority and a minority in our not so perfect world.
You have your opinions too.
The difference is that you can't read opinions you don't agree with without attacking me, all this while I just ignore your opinions if I don't like them, and I do not attack you because of them.

Fair enough. In that case, I apologise unreservedly for saying that you sound like a broken record. And I mean that apology seriously.

pino
24th August 2008, 14:44
Apologies accepted ;) now back to the topic please :)

ioan
24th August 2008, 14:55
Fair enough. In that case, I apologise unreservedly for saying that you sound like a broken record. And I mean that apology seriously.

No hard feelings! :)

Zico
24th August 2008, 16:44
I think the CD is skipping again..