PDA

View Full Version : Tommo and T.D.

matt5964
20th August 2008, 18:46
.. would be kewl to have him back..

would like him to be a 3rd seat though..

BTCC2
21st August 2008, 01:30
obviously it would be great to have him back.
But I don't see it, especially not at TD.

norwichsam1
21st August 2008, 07:05
Haven't we heard this type of thing from team dynamics before? Weren't they going to be running works honda's and didn't steve neal once announce plans to have a certain J Button in a 3rd integra at brands hatch in 2005? Much as I would love to see Thommo return, especially in the civic (better than having all the top drivers in the same team!) i just can't see it hapening, unfortunately.

SEATFreak
21st August 2008, 19:16
.. would be kewl to have him back..

would like him to be a 3rd seat though..

Very nice if sadly unrealistic ambition.

It is clear SEAT do need some profile, some quality talent to counteract the effect of Fabrizio Giovanardi who seems to win everything he enters.

Because at the present moment I just don't see anyone out there who can beat Giovanardi to a title and is not at the same time a talent of equal quality.

In 2006 this SEAT fan saw something he thinks he rather shouldn't have. Once again something down to Scott Dennis I am afraid to think. Thommo had a drive with SEAT in the WTCC. I don't know to this day why he came but he did, and because of it for the entire season I was left to keep on wishing time and time again that his tenure was over a longer period, and not just for a few races that didn't class with WTCC dates. For the entire season I was left to feel sad that someone of his calibre wasn't able to compete for SEAT over a longer term.

But I think if a deal could be struck I think this time could be very much different. I think he would race for atleast a season. And if he does I think then we will see SEAT and Thommo at their best.

LiamM
21st August 2008, 20:23
Because at the present moment I just don't see anyone out there who can beat Giovanardi to a title and is not at the same time a talent of equal quality.

Two words

Andy and Priaulx

But theres even less chance of that

tdb
21st August 2008, 21:27
Steve Neal offerred the drive to Thommo for this year but he turned it down as he was committed to the N-Technology project.
Team dynamics have the funding and resources to get Thommo in thier car.

It's down to Thommo, does he want to do it or not?

I really do not see it as an impossible.

Matty
21st August 2008, 22:39
Doubt he'll leave the N-Technology team, not after the hard graft everyones had to put in there, after next season who knows.

matt5964
22nd August 2008, 08:10
I read somewhere that N-Technology are not contesting the wtcc next year so he will be leaving them irrespective of whether he wants to or not.

racer69
22nd August 2008, 08:37
Very nice if sadly unrealistic ambition.

It is clear SEAT do need some profile, some quality talent to counteract the effect of Fabrizio Giovanardi who seems to win everything he enters.

In 2006 this SEAT fan saw something he thinks he rather shouldn't have. Once again something down to Scott Dennis I am afraid to think. Thommo had a drive with SEAT in the WTCC. I don't know to this day why he came but he did, and because of it for the entire season I was left to keep on wishing time and time again that his tenure was over a longer period, and not just for a few races that didn't class with WTCC dates. For the entire season I was left to feel sad that someone of his calibre wasn't able to compete for SEAT over a longer term.

But I think if a deal could be struck I think this time could be very much different. I think he would race for atleast a season. And if he does I think then we will see SEAT and Thommo at their best.

I think matt meant seat as in a 3rd seat at Team Halfords

#1JamesThompsonFan
22nd August 2008, 09:13
Would be great to see him in the paddock again, but unfortunately, only Jimmy T can make his decision.

Eurotech
22nd August 2008, 13:45
I see him more replacing Matt Neal at VXR. Imagine that - Gio and Tommo!

all they would need then would be Yvan muller and that would be the strongest driver line-up in BTCC History!

SEATFreak
22nd August 2008, 14:01

all they would need then would be Yvan muller and that would be the strongest driver line-up in BTCC History!

:eek:

racer69
23rd August 2008, 04:21

recent history perhaps!! certainly not the whole history.

BDunnell
23rd August 2008, 10:24

Neal's already signed for 2009, I believe.

Eurotech
24th August 2008, 22:25
shame because he seems to hate the vectra and if he could get a better car he would be up there. I just hope he doesnt do a Chilton and not get his pace back...

VX_Rules
25th August 2008, 15:52

Dont get my hopes up. And SeatFreak would really throw his toys out the pram. :p :

SEATFreak
25th August 2008, 16:00
Dont get my hopes up. And SeatFreak would really throw his toys out the pram. :p :

Not really. Look, at SEAT, as the greatest aquisition SEAT will ever have, he would be far more valued than at VXR. He would win far more races at SEAT than at VXR. He would contribute to the team more than at VXR. But if he wants to drive instead for a team that has proven time and time again they can win regarless of whether he is at the team or not, then that is his lookout. I just hope he doesn't complain to Ian Harrison when things get tough for him when it come to trying to compete with Giovanardi.

Eurotech
25th August 2008, 21:39
Not really. Look, at SEAT, as the greatest aquisition SEAT will ever have, he would be far more valued than at VXR. He would win far more races at SEAT than at VXR. He would contribute to the team more than at VXR. But if he wants to drive instead for a team that has proven time and time again they can win regarless of whether he is at the team or not, then that is his lookout. I just hope he doesn't complain to Ian Harrison when things get tough for him when it come to trying to compete with Giovanardi.

What about 2006 when SEAT didn't renew his contract. Great Aquisition?

PDS
25th August 2008, 21:48

I am completely lost!

Who are you talking about now? James Thompson? Matt Neal?

Whoever.. You talk as if he is driving for VXR already???

So, it must be Matt Neal... Yes?.. No?

Someone help me!

Eurotech
25th August 2008, 21:49
I guessed Thommo!

SEATFreak
26th August 2008, 08:36
I am completely lost!

Who are you talking about now? James Thompson? Matt Neal?

Whoever.. You talk as if he is driving for VXR already???

So, it must be Matt Neal... Yes?.. No?

Someone help me!

Go back to bed!! :uhoh:

Either that or I really would suggest you spend some time alone in a very dark room having a word with yourself about your persistant flippant and sarcastic attitude. And worryingly something that is sadly and epidemic on this place. Blatant ignorance. You have chosen to blatantly ignore the points I make and make it sound like it is goobledygook.

I was clearly talking about James Thompson and the possibility of achieving outright race wins at VXR compared to SEAT - if it isn't too hard for you to understand.

PDS
26th August 2008, 14:08
persistant flippant..... sarcastic attitude..... Blatant ignorance..... make it sound like it is goobledygook.Glad your impressed!

I was clearly talking about James Thompson and the possibility of achieving outright race wins at VXR compared to SEAT - if it isn't too hard for you to understand.

What is really hard to understand is the way you constantly change posts around to SEAT v VXR

The original theme of this thread was Tommo at Team Dynamics! And the first chance you get, Wham, you go off on one about him driving for SEAT instead of VXR because SEAT are better!

SEATFreak
26th August 2008, 15:34
This post by Eurotech proves what you and virtually everyone else on this forum has this horrible habit of doing PDS. Persistently picking only the bad things which I am supposed to be consistently guilty of whilst conveniently and totally, blatanty ignoring anything anyone else does.

It is, you will find to my joy and your despair, THIS post that I replied to that started my discussion about VXR.

Don't get desperate and try to find a post by me relating to VXR before this one. You won't find it.

The original theme of this thread was Tommo at Team Dynamics! And the first chance you get, Wham, you go off on one about him driving for SEAT instead of VXR because SEAT are better!

SEAT better than VXR?! Since when?! Now your hearing things as well as seeing things. I don't think SEAT are better than VXR. I just say he would win more at SEAT because he won't have Giovanardi as a team-mate.

VX_Rules
26th August 2008, 23:42
Im lost too now.

SEATFreak
27th August 2008, 15:49
SEATFreak is experiencing some technical difficulties. We apologise for this and hope normal service to be resumed as soon as possible.

#1JamesThompsonFan
27th August 2008, 20:29
everyone take a deep breath.

SEATFreak
28th August 2008, 09:04
Let me get one thing straight. I am consistently being accused of everything under the sun on this forum of crimes I am simply not guilt of with the kick in the teeth being that no proof is offered every time to substantiate my guilt.

Why is everyone else whiter than white and I am not? Why is no attention or punishment paid to any trouble instigated by others and yet I cannot move for punishments; even when I am innocent of said allegation? That is something people have been strangely reluctant to state.

It is not the insult against VXR_Rules that I was punished for. It is standing up for what I believe in to be true to me and me only. Well, I reckon I am willing to die for what I believe. Because I have courage of my conviction.

I offer a challenge to VXR_Rules if he is up for it. To offer evidence that I deliberately and maliciously and with intent decided to talk about VXR instead of Team Dynamics as a possible destination for James Thompson whilst simloultaneosly disproving my evidence that I replied soley and wholy to the post of one member (Eurotech).

If he can I am more than happy to offer the unreserved appology for insulting him. But only if he can prove what I ask first. If he cannot he must offer the appology. For accusing me of something I did not do; altleast not with intent and maliciousness.

Do we have a deal VXR_Rules? That sounds fair. Would that be alright with you? And please think about how it may look in my eyes if you don't.

VX_Rules
28th August 2008, 14:53
If its me your talking about, which i guess it is, I dont think you have insulted me or at any point that you have. Sure we have some playful banter between us, which is going to happen as we support rival teams. But i honestly see no need for any apologies by either of us as you havent ever insulted me. Or likewise I hope.

Iain
28th August 2008, 15:04
This thread's gone so off on a tangent it's no longer about the intended subject. Best just to close it.