PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Rasantes
2nd February 2013, 19:38
Marcus Gromholm to test Motorsport Italia Mini

Marcus Gronholm to test Motorsport Italia Mini WRC after injury break - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105379)

jbmarcus21
2nd February 2013, 20:58
Marcus.. Marcus... Marcus.... still forever surprising.. he said no .. and now off for one day to test :) Great!

OldF
2nd February 2013, 21:17
He said on MTV3 web site the day before yesterday that he won't do any more serious testing but maybe this isn't one of those. Nice to see him back in action. :up:

oyunbozan
2nd February 2013, 21:53
i recall another name, when i read about tanak; aava. same talent, same story.
ford wasting young talents maybe?

rallye-vid
2nd February 2013, 21:54
He should show Kosciuszko how to drive on snow.

MI gives him probably also some money to tell how great the car and the team is .. PR ;)

mousti
2nd February 2013, 22:24
He said on MTV3 web site the day before yesterday that he won't do any more serious testing but maybe this isn't one of those. Nice to see him back in action. :up:

It's impossible for him to serious test a car like that piece of crap. I hope he is outspoken like the old days and say how it is ^^ :D

GigiGalliNo1
3rd February 2013, 03:16
It's not a test for coming back and drivin competitively!

It's the teach Michał how to drive on the snow and what set ups to have with the MI Mini

MartinMK
3rd February 2013, 11:08
Tanak: I want to be the comeback king
www maxrally com/2013/02/02/tanak-i-want-to-be-the-comeback-king

PLuto
5th February 2013, 16:47
Ott was born at the wrong time. 21 century. Not enough to have only a talent driver, needs talent search money. Now is normally be a singer and dont have voice. :mad: Unfortunately, not only he.

I dont agree. Ott had good opportunity from M-Sport, but he waste it...

Fly_Half
5th February 2013, 19:33
Tanak just isn't fast enough, never understood why people rate him so highly. Bit like Wilson in many respects, spectacular to watch, just not on the pace.

Franky
5th February 2013, 20:16
Tanak just isn't fast enough, [...]

Compared to who?

Coach 2
5th February 2013, 20:18
Tanak just isn't fast enough, never understood why people rate him so highly. Bit like Wilson in many respects, spectacular to watch, just not on the pace.

Go to WRC.com and look at stage times in Finland 2011.
Then compare MW with Tanak.
You will maybe not change your mind, but you would maybe understand why at least I think he is a hell of a driver.
You would also note what kind of car he drives.

Mintexmemory
5th February 2013, 20:26
Go to WRC.com and look at stage times in Finland 2011.
Then compare MW with Tanak.
You will maybe not change your mind, but you would maybe understand why at least I think he is a hell of a driver.
You would also note what kind of car he drives.

The problem seemed he was caught between consistency and speed demands - in S2000 no one was quicker and he even outpaced WRC cars. I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.

stefanvv
5th February 2013, 20:37
I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.

Finish more Rallies I guess. But I think in general that it is too much to ask for his first WRC season outing.

Coach 2
5th February 2013, 20:51
The problem seemed he was caught between consistency and speed demands - in S2000 no one was quicker and he even outpaced WRC cars. I still want to know what was communicated to him as the expectation that he failed to deliver on.

I would say that this proves how difficult it is to establish even a seemingly talented driver among the 4-5 best. Most often the problem is between the steering wheel and the seat, but often think he who is there, the problem is the car, or something with the car.

oyunbozan
5th February 2013, 21:39
i compared tanak to neuville whole season, and tanak is beaten, badly. i dont think it is all his fault. i think it is partly m-sport, partly mind his mind setter; martin. he is quick tho, very quick. he deserves more wrc seasons. but still not too late to become a ERC champion.

all-rally
5th February 2013, 22:12
Finish more Rallies I guess. But I think in general that it is too much to ask for his first WRC season outing.
He should have been more consistant. He said that the first half of the season was a lot to take with the expectations and rally after rally, he was not really and got overwhelmed too easily, which led to stupid mistakes. The second half of the season was an improvement for Tänak, but it was too little too late. For many drivers having no testing before events is quite a disadvantage when compared to those that do get it.

Overall he blew his chance, very hard to get back now.

cali
6th February 2013, 06:04
i compared tanak to neuville whole season, and tanak is beaten, badly. i dont think it is all his fault. i think it is partly m-sport, partly mind his mind setter; martin. he is quick tho, very quick. he deserves more wrc seasons. but still not too late to become a ERC champion.
Well, say what you say but leave Märtin out of it because he's the whole reason Tänak had the chance to drive in WRC. It's Tänak's personality and lack of education (not in rallying) which is the key in his case.

bluuford
6th February 2013, 07:09

The best joke of the week :-) LOL

maailmameister
6th February 2013, 07:27
The best joke of the week :-) LOL

5+

Kielder
6th February 2013, 11:35
I'm starting to believe that Ben Sulayem will become president of the FIA shortly... ;)

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/styles/news_main_image/public/news/images/2013/Photo%203.jpg

MENA seek greater role in global motorsport (http://www.fia.com/news/mena-seek-greater-role-global-motorsport)

ToughMac
6th February 2013, 12:14
I'm starting to believe that Ben Sulayem will become president of the FIA shortly... ;)

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/styles/news_main_image/public/news/images/2013/Photo%203.jpg

MENA seek greater role in global motorsport (http://www.fia.com/news/mena-seek-greater-role-global-motorsport)

Can't see that as a bad thing, with his power and influence rallying might be back on top of the short list again.

Mintexmemory
6th February 2013, 12:56

Well I thought I'd do the comparison with JML's 07 season with M-Sport
The scoring system has changed but I converted JML's 07 season to the current system and removed Ott's power stage points.
JML - 82 points (1, 3rd place) 16 events Av 5.125 per event
Ott - 48 points (1, 3rd place) 13 events Av 3.69 per event

So Ott was a fair way behind the JML level of consistency (and that's comparing someone with a similar reputation!) although he did equal the podium placing.

kirungi okwogera
6th February 2013, 20:53
Anybody know what Hayden Paddon's plans are (more specific than "get enough sponsorship to drive again", I mean)? This guy is in my mind a future front runner, I'd hate to see money problems prevent him getting there.

Franky
6th February 2013, 21:34
Well I thought I'd do the comparison with JML's 07 season with M-Sport
The scoring system has changed but I converted JML's 07 season to the current system and removed Ott's power stage points.
JML - 82 points (1, 3rd place) 16 events Av 5.125 per event
Ott - 48 points (1, 3rd place) 13 events Av 3.69 per event

But the difference in starts in WRCar before those season?

wrc45
6th February 2013, 22:13
Latvala had 32 starts with a WRC car before the 2007 season. Tänak had 2 WRC car starts before 2012.

Mintexmemory
6th February 2013, 22:24
Latvala had 32 starts with a WRC car before the 2007 season. Tänak had 2 WRC car starts before 2012.
Now work out how many of those starts weren't in ancient machinery.
I make it 11
Ott had 2 structured seasons in development leading up to the WRC ride so wasn't exactly unfamiliar with the stages in most cases

tfp
6th February 2013, 22:54

Id plac Neuville above Tanak aswel. But let's not forget, neuville isn't exactly crash free either!

Humber
6th February 2013, 22:59
Anybody know what Hayden Paddon's plans are (more specific than "get enough sponsorship to drive again", I mean)? This guy is in my mind a future front runner, I'd hate to see money problems prevent him getting there.

Paddon has a get-together scheduled for the 24th Feb in NZ where he will likely present his plans for this year.
He is putting his Evo IX back together in a R4 spec - likely for NZ rallly use.
4 - likely choices -a) WRC2 doing selected rounds mainly in Europe with Skoda or other brand.
b) Group N cup with a Group N car.
c) Selected rounds in leased WRC.
d) Staying home.
Rallying is also politics and the driver fitting the car/ sponsor brand image etc

Prisoner Monkeys
6th February 2013, 23:13
Khalid al'Qassimi doesn't know how to use Twitter:

https://twitter.com/khalidbinfaisal

Though to be fair, neither do I.

Plan9
7th February 2013, 02:56

The last rumor (I cannot state that clearly enough) is that he is in talks with Hyundai for 2014. This year he may do WRC2 again or some rounds in a WRC. I think he will do rally Australia for sure in either a WRC or s2000 car.

leighton323
7th February 2013, 04:40
The last rumor (I cannot state that clearly enough) is that he is in talks with Hyundai for 2014. This year he may do WRC2 again or some rounds in a WRC. I think he will do rally Australia for sure in either a WRC or s2000 car.

Talks with Hyundai? I highly doubt it, maybe with Hyundai NZ but that is still highly unlikely,and certainly doesn't have anything to do with the WRC program. I think he will do selected rounds in a WRC car, with a most likely appearance in Rally Australia with a WRC car. But we will wait and see when he announces his plans

muratgunarslan
7th February 2013, 06:57
in my opinion, tanak must drive fiesta R5 at WRC2, not Wilson.

PLuto
7th February 2013, 10:45
in my opinion, tanak must drive fiesta R5 at WRC2, not Wilson.

Wilson will not drive it in WRC2, no money...

tolis
7th February 2013, 10:50
So, will Wilson do anythhing this season?

PLuto
7th February 2013, 11:00

Rally Sweden :)

7th February 2013, 11:06
I hope Paddon can continue in the WRC, his professionalism in Spain impressed me. He has great potential, shame about the end to his season last year.

Red bull
7th February 2013, 11:11

Wilson steps in for ill Al-Attiyah for WRC Rally Sweden this weekend « HANDBRAKES & HAIRPINS (http://handbrakeshairpins.wordpress.com/2013/02/05/wilson-steps-in-for-ill-al-attiyah-for-wrc-rally-sweden-this-weekend/)

Mintexmemory
7th February 2013, 20:37
So you don't believe the M-sport press release that MW will do the second half of the season in R5?

PLuto
7th February 2013, 21:16
So you don't believe the M-sport press release that MW will do the second half of the season in R5?

Can you show me that press release from M-Sport?

Mintexmemory
7th February 2013, 22:59
Can you show me that press release from M-Sport?

My mistake it was his interview at Autosport Exhibition
Matthew Wilson to contest WRC2 with a new R5-spec Ford Fiesta - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105069?source=mostpopular)

But can't think he would have made the statement without dad's approval as they don't need to create hostages to fortune.

Adler
7th February 2013, 23:18
regarding Paddon: can´t find the link, but Raimund Baumschlager said in an interview before Jänner rallye that Haydon want to do again WRC2 in an BRR Skoda, but was still looking for sponsors... Baumschlager is also very unhappy with the national Lavanttal rallye date, because it´s on same weekend with portugal, and his Skodas are already rented for portugal.

I know Baumschlager rate Paddon very high, so I think the chances for Haydon in an BRR-Skoda under Red Bull banners are quite high.

tolis
7th February 2013, 23:26
aumschlager is also very unhappy with the national Lavanttal rallye date, because it´s on same weekend with portugal, and his Skodas are already rented for portugal.
I know Baumschlager rate Paddon very high, so I think the chances for Haydon in an BRR-Skoda under Red Bull banners are quite high.

For which crew?

Adler
7th February 2013, 23:31
For which crew?
I think it wasn´t announced yet, but I believe/hope there will be one for Paddon.

Plan9
8th February 2013, 03:41
Has anyone heard anythin more on what prodrive is going to do?

On Paddon-Hyundai: I only said it was a rumor. I did not say it was going to happen (although I hope it does). There are similar rumors about Atko and Hyundai as well. It's anyone's guess how substantial any of it is.

kirungi okwogera
8th February 2013, 12:27
Well, for all the people talking about Paddon and Tanak, just remember to look at Mikko Hirvonen's early career path - a dismal year with Ford, getting cut from the team, a pretty cruddy year with Subaru after that, cut again, a privateer year in which he got one podium and resigned with Ford... it's a slow process to the top level for some!

Not to imply that I think Tanak is quite WRC level at the moment. He's not bad but I did feel his SWRC championship was a a result of several wins in which multiple fast drivers retired and he didn't.

I do kind of think Paddon probably is WRC level, though. He is young but one of the most calm and professional drivers of any age I've seen - and I've mentioned somewhere before, he wins 60+ percent of any stages he runs... that's unheard of outside the L-word. If he's not getting some privateer WRC/WRC-2 rounds he should be getting some phone calls from ERC teams...

Mintexmemory
8th February 2013, 12:36
Not to imply that I think Tanak is quite WRC level at the moment. He's not bad but I did feel his SWRC 2nd Place was a a result of several wins in which multiple fast drivers retired and he didn't.

Fixed that for you ;)

Kielder
9th February 2013, 20:50
Sincerely, I'd prefer he tells it Kubica: Kankkunen tells Kovalainen: try rally (http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003112&10)

kirungi okwogera
10th February 2013, 13:09
Sincerely, I'd prefer he tells it Kubica: Kankkunen tells Kovalainen: try rally (http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003112&10)

Now now, the sport's big enough for both Kubica and Kovalainen. I am interested in Kubica more though as somebody was saying he's one of the top RBR players in Poland!?

Mirek
10th February 2013, 17:35
If I remember right he was really playing RBR but many other drivers do as well ;)

andyone
10th February 2013, 18:30
top RBR players in Poland!?
RBR as in Richard burn Rally? really?

EightGear
10th February 2013, 18:37

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_yXDL-PJk

COD
10th February 2013, 20:45

Was really impressed when Kovalainen drove a few stages in WRC Focus years ago in Arctic rally. He could do well in rallying, so please Heikki try it

oyunbozan
10th February 2013, 21:53

i dont know any rally driver haven't try RBR. it is a very good practise tool, and costs very few compare to a real test :)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
11th February 2013, 09:25
Nikara drives Portugal and Finland.

Bartolbia84
11th February 2013, 10:50
Francesco Parli should be at the start of the Citroen Trophy and take points in WRC-3, Andrea Crugnola almost certainly races in Portugal and Sardinia.
Most likely Alessandro Re and Simone Campedelli will run the Rally of Italy Sardegna, with good chance for the latter to be in another round of the Citroen Trophy

EF Translation

Humber
12th February 2013, 00:17
Paddon has also been testing petrol and Skoda road cars.

Burning Valves Highlights Reel - YouTube (http://youtu.be/A9-jz-7XMig)

Rallying UK
12th February 2013, 00:58
Today, I asked Škoda Motorsport on Twitter this question:

“Any news on when Esapekka Lappi's next "selected WRC-2 event" will be?”

The reply was fairly instant and terse:

“No news yet.”

sete
12th February 2013, 05:12
There were rumours about Lappi will start in Portugal

andyone
12th February 2013, 06:16
Esapeka Lappi / Jarkko Nikara, more Flying finns on wrc. what els can we ask for.. .. i think lappi is fater than Nikara. any idea on comparison to these two Finns if there were using the same car?? :confused: :confused:

rp
12th February 2013, 07:15
Esapeka Lappi / Jarkko Nikara, more Flying finns on wrc. what els can we ask for.. .. i think lappi is fater than Nikara. any idea on comparison to these two Finns if there were using the same car?? :confused: :confused:

They have never competed events using just same type of cars. In Finnish Championship last year they had two tight events, when Lappi was driving much better car than Nikara (Fiesta S2000 vs. Evo 9) and in Lapua Lappi was able to beat Nikara just 1,8 seconds.

I witnessed the situation when Ari Vihavainen was out off the road and Nikara had to slow down and lost at least 3-5 seconds, so he would have beat Lappi then. But have to remember that there is very fast roads in Lapua area and Mitsubishi were suitable to those roads, but there was also smaller roads when Fiesta will be much faster. I know also that Nikara´s aim in this event was to test Yokohama´s new gravel tyres, but the delivery was late from GB to Finland and he had to use his last season´s Pirellis and had only three new tires for this rally.

Here you can see the difference from the same stage. Nikara was faster this time and was able to beat Lappi by 2,6 seconds.

Lapua 2012 SS4:

Nikara, Evo 9:
Lapua SM Ralli 2012 EK4 J.Nikara - P.Nikara - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6NZrm541c&feature=plcp)

Lappi, Fiesta S2000:
Esapekka Lappi Media (http://esapekkalappi.kuvat.fi/kuvat/FRC+Lapua+2012/EK+4.MOV)

The second time was in Merikarvia and Lappi was leading all the time, but Nikara won one stage before he crashed out off the rally during the last stage. Lappi´s lead was 18,8 seconds. The last stage was a massive 44 km, so it was not yet clear who will win and Nikara was really trying, but it ended when rolling the car. Lappi was driving flat out also and he almost had big accident, but was able to avoid it and won the event.

So we can not say if Lappi or Nikara is faster. I know that many will vote for Lappi, but I am not sure yet. Lappi has to show some more results abroad. It seems that Lappi is more reliable than Nikara, but if Jarkko is able to get same kind on of resources to test the car before the events it is clear that he can stay on the road much better.

Hartusvuori
12th February 2013, 09:17

I remember reading from Lappi interview where Portugal was mentioned as his next event, but can't pin it down exactly where was it written. If he does, it'll be interesting comparison between Lappi and Evans there.

About comparison between Lappi and Nikara, I share impressions with rp. It's still unproven chapter. Both drivers are still on a learning curve whereas Nikara has more experience but Lappi has better chances for preparations. Very difficult to say. Those FRC events rp mentioned were both fast (remember, in Merikarvia Mänty in Civic was 3rd), so it suited Nikara's Evo9 well. But remember, nobody told Nikara that Evo9 can't be driven as fast as he did... :-)

Mirek
12th February 2013, 09:19
Today, I asked Škoda Motorsport on Twitter this question:

“Any news on when Esapekka Lappi's next "selected WRC-2 event" will be?”

The reply was fairly instant and terse:

“No news yet.”

Don't worry. Škoda never says anything before everyone knows it anyway :-)

bluuford
12th February 2013, 09:45
I believe his team was not too happy about the fact that he managed to break the car on SS1 already. So, hopefully Portugal is next.

Bartolbia84
12th February 2013, 10:07
think both via and Lappi in Portugal, that the Acropolis and to Sardinia, on dirt road is one of the fastest of the WRC-2

It comes from the presence of 2 Portugal Skoda S2000, RBR, a team should be entrusted to Paddon, for a second there are rumors to Magalhanes, PG Andersson and perhaps the same Baumgharter.

andyone
12th February 2013, 10:21
Lapua 2012 SS4:

Nikara, Evo 9:
Lapua SM Ralli 2012 EK4 J.Nikara - P.Nikara - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW6NZrm541c&feature=plcp)

Lappi, Fiesta S2000:
Esapekka Lappi Media (http://esapekkalappi.kuvat.fi/kuvat/FRC+Lapua+2012/EK+4.MOV)

The second time was in Merikarvia and Lappi was leading all the time, but Nikara won one stage before he crashed out off the rally during the last stage. Lappi´s lead was 18,8 seconds. The last stage was a massive 44 km, so it was not yet clear who will win and Nikara was really trying, but it ended when rolling the car. Lappi was driving flat out also and he almost had big accident, but was able to avoid it and won the event.

So we can not say if Lappi or Nikara is faster. I know that many will vote for Lappi, but I am not sure yet. Lappi has to show some more results abroad. It seems that Lappi is more reliable than Nikara, but if Jarkko is able to get same kind on of resources to test the car before the events it is clear that he can stay on the road much better.
yeah i checked a video of the merikievari. and for sure it is one of the best videos of rally i have seen. and learnt why they are called the flying finns..i have watched it four times now. and yes i could see how these two guys were passing by. like lightning. and few others with S16's who were flying as well. thanks for the notes.

dimviii
12th February 2013, 13:41
They have never competed events using just same type of cars. In Finnish Championship last year they had two tight events, when Lappi was driving much better car than Nikara (Fiesta S2000 vs. Evo 9) and in Lapua Lappi was able to beat Nikara just 1,8 seconds.

I witnessed the situation when Ari Vihavainen was out off the road and Nikara had to slow down and lost at least 3-5 seconds, so he would have beat Lappi then. But have to remember that there is very fast roads in Lapua area and Mitsubishi were suitable to those roads, but there was also smaller roads when Fiesta will be much faster. I know also that Nikara´s aim in this event was to test Yokohama´s new gravel tyres, but the delivery was late from GB to Finland and he had to use his last season´s Pirellis and had only three new tires for this rally.

Here you can see the difference from the same stage. Nikara was faster this time and was able to beat Lappi by 2,6 seconds.

Lapua 2012 SS4:

Nikara, Evo 9:

Lappi, Fiesta S2000:

so 2 drivers are on par,or very close at results ,the one drives a n4 the other a s2000 and we are asking who is the faster?

bluuford
12th February 2013, 13:50
Nikkara is clearly faster :-) Lappi is still just a beginner compared to him

tolis
12th February 2013, 14:49
Juan Carlos Alonso (http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=579&t=Juan-Carlos-Alonso) from Argentina will do WRC-2 in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X from RMC. He will do Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy, Spain, UK.

Kielder
12th February 2013, 15:21
Juan Carlos Alonso (http://www.ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=579&t=Juan-Carlos-Alonso) from Argentina will do WRC-2 in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X from RMC. He will do Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy, Spain, UK.

He'll be Fuchs' teammate. Alonso is 43 and this program will be his way to say farewell to rallying.
I can't imagine a better way to end a rally career than in Walles Rally GB (maybe only at home having won 9 WRC titles ;) ).

Rallying UK
12th February 2013, 23:41
LOEB: Could Sébastien Loeb be about to stay in WRC?

This article suggests he could:

Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2013%2F02%2F12%2Fcitroen-wackeln-die-wtcc-plaene%2Findex.html)

sollitt
13th February 2013, 02:24
Really? It appears to me to confirm exactly the opposite.

MJW
13th February 2013, 08:41
The way I read the article it looks very bad for PSA Group. If no green light is given for the WTCC, it says that the rally programme had already receive massive cuts and its only the Abu Dhabi investment that keeps Citroen in WRC. The article looks pretty sobering (allowing for the translation website losses) but if job losses like is being talked about and record financial losses, to me it could be that Citroen goes the same way as Ford. What will be left then is a replica of the QATAR MSport in Abu Dhabi PHSport. I can't see Seb Loeb staying around then against a fully factory VW / Ogier combination.
I am not suggesting the Seb Loeb runs away, but you can not escape the fact he is 39 this month, a career in GT Racing could be enough to keep him happy.
Sometimes its difficult to let our passion for motorsport rule our head but politically that suicide mission President Hollande is no friend of motorsport. If the business news about PSA is as bad as is expected then I cant see the boards being brave enough to sign any motorsport programme off. It was the same with Ford, there is some behind the scenes involvement, but politically it was seen best not to be in rallying.
Maybe WRC will be the big 3 (manufacturers) playground, incidentaly theese consist of Toyota, GM and VW, with Hyundai in 4th, we know VW is in WRC, and have all seen and followed the rumours of Hyundai and Toyota coming.

AndyRAC
13th February 2013, 11:29
It could be said that they were fortunate to carry on this long.

Peugeot pulled the plug on their 2012 Sportscar programme very late – they even had engineers/drivers in Sebring for testing. This after pretty poor sales/financial figures.
They’ve been in since 2001, apart from the 2006 ‘sabbatical’ – that’s a pretty good run. Loeb has other fish to fry, driving and running his own team. I feel the WTCC effort was just an excuse for Citroen to keep Loeb, and satisfy his racing ambitions - not likely really, the WTCC is a mickey mouse series, with boring, underpowered cars.

EightGear
13th February 2013, 12:16
not likely really, the WTCC is a mickey mouse series, with boring, underpowered cars.

You keep saying that, but the truth is that from 2014 onwards the regulations change and the cars will be more spectacular. Not least because the manufacturers (including Citroen!) wanted that.

rallyfiend
13th February 2013, 12:28
You keep saying that, but the truth is that from 2014 onwards the regulations change and the cars will be more spectacular. Not least because the manufacturers (including Citroen!) wanted that.

Which manufacturers? Isn't Honda the only committed manufacturer in the series for 2013?

All the others are just customer teams running old, undeveloped kit.

MJW
13th February 2013, 14:19
Manufacturere involvement in motorsport is to sell cars, if traditional makets like Europe are suffereing from economic woes, then its time to look at those who are buying cars, i.e. the BRICS countries, WTCC has a round in Brazil and China, maybe WTCC from 2014 will be the place to be for manufacturers.

pantealex
13th February 2013, 14:36
so 2 drivers are on par,or very close at results ,the one drives a n4 the other a s2000 and we are asking who is the faster?

N4 cars in Finland are not FIA N4, but You are right.

Mirek
13th February 2013, 14:54
If I remember Lappi came last year from R2 to S2000 and with this new car he won every rally where he started except Monte Carlo and Rally Communidad de Madrid. You don't need to win by minutes and to defeat Salo in every round even with better car is something - considering no reasonable S2000 or even 4WD experience for Lappi.

EightGear
13th February 2013, 15:02
Which manufacturers? Isn't Honda the only committed manufacturer in the series for 2013?

All the others are just customer teams running old, undeveloped kit.

Honda, Citroen, and reports are Renault and Subaru too. And I guess Seat and BMW still have some say in it since they have cars that are being run by privateer teams.

danon
13th February 2013, 15:11
LoebEvents-catalogue (http://www.zyyne.com/zh5/?nid=77437#p=0&z=0)

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321037_459528770762473_255244592_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/25951_459529257429091_740473217_n.jpg

kober
13th February 2013, 15:25
Maybe WRC will be the big 3 (manufacturers) playground, incidentaly theese consist of Toyota, GM and VW, with Hyundai in 4th, we know VW is in WRC, and have all seen and followed the rumours of Hyundai and Toyota coming.Unfortunately, the latest news (autoklub) is that Toyota had chosen WEC (two cars for the full season, instead of one) over Yaris WRC project, and the latter has been axed. No plans for WRC equals no S2000 car, but TMG might have some leftover money to develop an R5 in the future.

all-rally
13th February 2013, 17:02
If there is interest, I can translate an article made by Saartehääl with Ott Tänak which is a followup after the interview done with Markko Märtin on Ott's season a few weeks earlier.

Bartolbia84
13th February 2013, 17:30
Marcos Ligato from Argentina will do WRC-2 in a Subaru Sedan R4 from TOP RUN RACING. He will do Portugal, Argentina, Acropolis, Sardinia, Finland, Catalunya and Wales.

Mirek
13th February 2013, 17:56
If there is interest, I can translate an article made by Saartehääl with Ott Tänak which is a followup after the interview done with Markko Märtin on Ott's season a few weeks earlier.

If You can just sum the main points it would be nice. Save Your time and don't translate the entire article ;) Thanks anyway!

all-rally
13th February 2013, 18:01
This time I got in the mood and did it all, except for a few sentences.

An interview with Ott Tänak done by Saartehääl (local newspaper from his home island of Saaremaa) in light of the previous interview that Markko Märtin gave on his 2012 season.
Author Raul Vinni 13/02/2013

Two weeks ago, Markko Märtin gave an interview to Autoleht, where he gave some serious remarks when talking of you. Could that interview be a mirror, where Märtin suggested you look into and draw conclusions from that?
Ott Tänak: Yes, and I agree that I see the reason for the failure of the 2012 season in the mirror.

You have not discussed your failures of last season in the media. What happened?
OT: The main reason was perhaps a lack of experience. Despite everything, I think we made a big improvement when compared to the previous season, and in the end of the season of 2012 we managed to break into the world elite. An example of that is the podium on rally Sardegna and a strong drive in Rally de Espana.

You had a 5-year deal with M-Sport, of which only two years were completed. What were the objectives set by M-Sport for the year 2012?
OT: Each event had it’s own objective, which was reflected in a finishing position. There were rally’s where the objective was firmly set to just finish, and other events, where I had fully free reign. Overall it was bad that on many rally’s that I had to finish, I did not manage to.

Although team boss Malcolm Wilson’s critical statements of your performances increased throughout the season, you did not manage to improve your results. Why?
OT: The start of the year was a failure and because of that it was harder to get back on the scene and repair my image. However, as the results show, there was an improvement as the season progressed.

The highlight of your season was the podium in Rally Sardegna. It is said that on this rally, it seemed that for the first time you followed the principle: “to be successful in rallying, one does not have to win every stage and take excess risks”. Is that true?
OT: For sure, we did not take fewer risks then on other events. Perhaps even more risks, due to a wrong tyre-choice on day one, we had to clean the road on day two while showing good times. I can say, that on this rally, the experience gained throughout the season brought benefits. Somethinghad changed for sure.

With the last question, links the statement from Markko Märtin: “At the WRC level, talent and driving skills are not everything that is needed. One has to be able to use those wisely.” Can it be assumed, that you do not know how to use your talent fully yet?
OT: Yes, for sure you can say that. I think that in the world of rallying, there is only one man who can fully utilise his talent – Sebastien Loeb.

How has your attitude, as a driver of the WRC, changed towards an objective and achieving it? Have you developed an opinion and perhaps less of a pressure, that half of the job is done and the second half would come easier?
OT: I have understood by now, that the further you go in your career, the more stressful and more difficult things get. There is no giving up.

Markko Märtin says in his interview, that the co-operation from his side is not yet 100% finished. How are things from your side?
OT: I respect Markko very much and I am extremely grateful for everything that he has done for me. We are still behind the negotiating table.

Do you feel responsible for those that have supported you and your fans, that things have not gone as expected?
OT: For sure, I feel responsible in every situation. I am ready to work very hard and give up a lot, so my fans and supporters and even myself would be happy or satisfied.

The return to into WRC demands a lot of money. Say, why should someone support you, what do you have to offer?
OT: I agree, that my first full season did not go to plan. I know and feel that I am capable for much more. At the end of last year it really started to feel that there was light in the end of the tunnel. Rallying is like this, that the most that I can offer is emotions. It would be better if those emotions were good ones.

The WRC season is ongoing. You have not made a start yet. From recent statements you would like to take part in at least 5 WRC events. How likely is that?
OT: Nothing is for certain today. To have hope of being a WRC-driver in the future, I should drive some events at the top level. Let’s hope for the best.

In conclusion, the question that many fans have: Will we see you on Estonian rally’s this year? If yes, then which car and who would be your co-driver?
OT: Right now, the goal is to break back into the WRC. Unfortunately, one has to understand that to reach that and to stay there, the local events would have to wait.

A translation from Saartehääl, Interviewer Raul Vinni 13/02/2013

EightGear
13th February 2013, 20:00
Official confirmation that Abbring has left VW.

Omroep Brabant: Abbring levert contract bij Volkswagen in (http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/1885971483/Abbring+levert+contract+bij+Volkswagen+in.aspx)

And he entered the Circuit Zandvoort rallysprint in a BMW M3.

PLuto
13th February 2013, 23:17
In conclusion, the question that many fans have: Will we see you on Estonian rally’s this year? If yes, then which car and who would be your co-driver?
OT: Right now, the goal is to break back into the WRC. Unfortunately, one has to understand that to reach that and to stay there, the local events would have to wait.

I dont think this is completely true. You can see many drivers whose one step back from WRC helped them a lot to have new chances in WRC (for example Novikov, Mikkelsen, Hanninen, Atkinson).

Kielder
14th February 2013, 10:07
Ott Tanak replaced Matthew Wilson to test the Fiesta R5 at Greystoke Forest. It's good to know that the team still count on him. Maybe it would have been better to have sent Tanak to Sweden instead of Wilson. A question of kinship.

Kielder
14th February 2013, 10:18
As it's said many times, the only things in life you regret are the risks that you didn't take: Hanninen: No regrets over WRC switch (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/14/hanninen-no-regrets-over-wrc-switch). He deserves another chance :) .

GritPics
14th February 2013, 11:03
As it's said many times, the only things in life you regret are the risks that you didn't take: Hanninen: No regrets over WRC switch. He deserves another chance :) .

He does, I thought he was very impressive. Sure, not quite the pace of the top boys but he needs more time to adapt to the WRC cars.

Mintexmemory
14th February 2013, 11:19
He does, I thought he was very impressive. Sure, not quite the pace of the top boys but he needs more time to adapt to the WRC cars.

Juho might have been able to use that line had it not been for the fact that young Pontus was so blisteringly quick with far less adaptation time than Juho had! If we see JH on NORF then he has to a) run in the top 6 and b) set some top 3 stage times

Francis44
14th February 2013, 11:47
Juho might have been able to use that line had it not been for the fact that young Pontus was so blisteringly quick with far less adaptation time than Juho had! If we see JH on NORF then he has to a) run in the top 6 and b) set some top 3 stage times

There are all kind's of factors coming into play here. Pontus did have a good run in Sweden, however he cannot forget that he is pretty used to the Fiesta S2000 which I think resembles the WRC unit more than we care to admit, plus Juho did not have a good run in Monte Carlo which may have put some extra pressure on him. Pontus could easily push massively in home turf because well, he is young and it's the first time for him in a WRC car, he knew that it was all or nothing. I dont think Juho really drove 100% because his main priority was to finish.

Still I think we may see Juho in Portugal.

Mirek
14th February 2013, 12:00
True. Fiesta S2000 is much closer to Fiesta WRC than Fabia S2000 to Fiesta WRC. Also Juho didn't run a proper snow event since 2008. Pontus did many of them. I don't want to judge anyone, just to add that things are usually not so simple as they look like.

Mintexmemory
14th February 2013, 12:19
Juho did not have a good run in Monte Carlo which may have put some extra pressure on him. I dont think Juho really drove 100% because his main priority was to finish.

Twice IRC champion had to drive to finish? A Finn driving in Sweden? We aren't talking a WRC Academy graduate here. Juho is a vastly experienced rally driver
There are only so many excuses, given the lack of slack that many have cut Tanak isn't Juho's pair of rallies very similar to Ott's 2012 performances?
I wonder if the change of co-driver has had a big effect on Juho's confidence

Mirek
14th February 2013, 12:23
So You say that not driving on a particular surface for five year and having just one test day doesn't affect a performance, right?

Mintexmemory
14th February 2013, 12:47
So You say that not driving on a particular surface for five year and having just one test day doesn't affect a performance, right?

No Mirek, that is not what I am saying. But for a top driver, who despite a 5 year absence from snow rallies still probably has more white stuff experience than the event winner, the ability to quickly adapt to whatever challenge is one of the definining traits. You are closer than me to the guy's career, but I admire his achievements, did you think he actually showed improvement throughout the duration of Sweden

Mirek
14th February 2013, 12:56
In my opinion he did progress during first two days but after the stupid mistake on spectator stage there was nothing to fight for. Malcolm clearly said to both Juho and Neuville to cruise to finish so they did it.

bluuford
14th February 2013, 13:04
Ott Tanak replaced Matthew Wilson to test the Fiesta R5 at Greystoke Forest. It's good to know that the team still count on him. Maybe it would have been better to have sent Tanak to Sweden instead of Wilson. A question of kinship.
I think he was much more useful on R5 test (his technicla knowledge etc.). To send him to Sweden without any testing, with notes in new language would not have been very good.

Kielder
14th February 2013, 14:24
I think he was much more useful on R5 test (his technicla knowledge etc.). To send him to Sweden without any testing, with notes in new language would not have been very good.

His help on R5 test as a technician is a good point. I didn't realise about Bernacchini reading notes in English when I posted. However, it's clear that Tanak is much more useful than Matthew at all rallying levels. To Tanak, at this moment a one-off would have been for Tanak a good step back to step forward.

AP-Racing
14th February 2013, 14:27
PSA Peugeot Citroen lost $6.7 billion in 2012, the Paris-based automaker announced on Wednesday. No WTCC for Loeb :(

GritPics
14th February 2013, 14:41
PSA Peugeot Citroen lost $6.7 billion in 2012, the Paris-based automaker announced on Wednesday. No WTCC for Loeb :(

Does this mean he will commit to a full season in the WRC this year instead?
Would be great to see a Loeb/VW battle all season.

vino_93
14th February 2013, 15:12
nothing was announced about WTCC programm. But for the loss, major part was about depreciation of assets. The operationnal loss is 576 millions €.
And another news is that PSA has finally understood that they need to differenciate their brands. So a change will be done on this ... for sure motorsport is a good way to promote this. Peugeot will improve, whereas Citroen will be more accessible. So fightint against Seat ...

Rallyper
14th February 2013, 16:08
There are all kind's of factors coming into play here. Pontus did have a good run in Sweden, however he cannot forget that he is pretty used to the Fiesta S2000 which I think resembles the WRC unit more than we care to admit, plus Juho did not have a good run in Monte Carlo which may have put some extra pressure on him. Pontus could easily push massively in home turf because well, he is young and it's the first time for him in a WRC car, he knew that it was all or nothing. I dont think Juho really drove 100% because his main priority was to finish.

Still I think we may see Juho in Portugal.

Pontus did S2000 with Skoda, not Fiesta.
And secondly he wasn´t for sure in amood to push massively in RS. What kind of idiotic tactics would that be? Pontus said himself he did his own pace and could easily push more. But that wasn´t his mission. It was to finish the rally with some good result. Nothing else. saying it was all or nothing just shows wishful thinking from those who don´t believe in what he ashieved.

Francis44
14th February 2013, 16:12
There is a good amount of videos to prove we drove Fiesta S2000 ^.

liposh
14th February 2013, 16:20
There is a good amount of videos to prove we drove Fiesta S2000 ^.
Yes, he drove fiesta S2000 in 2011 and then the fiesta moved to Finland where Lappi compete with this Fiesta S2000 (well known as "older brother clothes rule" :D ) in 2012 and Tidemand drove fabia S2000 (Mikkelsen´s IRC 2011 car) in swedish championship 2012.

Rallyper
14th February 2013, 16:41
Yes, he drove fiesta S2000 in 2011 and then the fiesta moved to Finland where Lappi compete with this Fiesta S2000 (well known as "older brother clothes rule" :D ) in 2012 and Tidemand drove fabia S2000 (Mikkelsen´s IRC 2011 car) in swedish championship 2012.

Yes, Fiesta in 2011, and Subaru-cup the years before that, maybe also in 2011. Having said that, meaning used to Fiesta S2000 might not be that relevant after all... compared to other drivers in RS this year.

Rallying UK
14th February 2013, 17:50
LOEB: Is Sébastien Loeb about to return to WRC or split from Citroën?

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/wtcc-citroen-set-to-stop-his-program?artid=152677&utm_medium=feeds&utm_source=feed-RACE&utm_campaign=feeds

MikeD
14th February 2013, 19:16
LOEB: Is Sébastien Loeb about to return to WRC or split from Citroën?

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/wtcc-citroen-set-to-stop-his-program?artid=152677&utm_medium=feeds&utm_source=feed-RACE&utm_campaign=feeds

No, Loeb's has made his mind up on doing something else, even though the WTCC project might not happen. Before it was obvious that it was either WRC or WTCC with only one of the two PSA brands .... after todays news of a massive loss, it might end up being neither for both brands.

Last week at CNBC France was named as the country in the Euro-zone who was the least prepared for the global competition (except for Greece). You really start to see the effect of that now ....

Gregor-y
14th February 2013, 23:40
PSA would be crazy to lose their very own Ragnotti. Loeb has a long life ahead associated with PSA products.

Plan9
15th February 2013, 00:03

I would like to see some footage of him driving the FIesta to see what he is like. The highlights of the 2 rounds I have seen so far have had little to no coverage of Juho's driving. I hope Juho does get more rounds and testing time. He was very good in rally NZ when he last came and very fun to watch in the Fabia.

eppel
15th February 2013, 11:48
Petter Solbergs talks about the future, and RX, Le Mans, WRC and WTCC. He thinks WTCC is just too boring and the DS3 RX-car is build by help from Citroën Racing.

14. februar 2013 - Petter Solberg om fremtiden (http://tn.inviso.no/melody_ostfold/musicvideo.php?vid=b6ef1178b)

Kielder
15th February 2013, 13:44
VW could be even stronger in Mexico. The car will receive a new homologation before the rally, including a new handbrake.

pettersolberg29
15th February 2013, 14:05
Petter Solbergs talks about the future, and RX, Le Mans, WRC and WTCC. He thinks WTCC is just too boring and the DS3 RX-car is build by help from Citroën Racing.

14. februar 2013 - Petter Solberg om fremtiden (http://tn.inviso.no/melody_ostfold/musicvideo.php?vid=b6ef1178b)

Thanks for the link but for those who don't understand Norwegian very well any other interesting things to pull out from it? Any confirmation of a full ERC/RX season or just Lydden Hill? And what's his Le Mans plan? Cheers.

Mintexmemory
15th February 2013, 15:03
VW could be even stronger in Mexico. The car will receive a new homologation before the rally, including a new handbrake.
Of course.. the handbrake. So that has been JML's problem all along!!

danon
15th February 2013, 22:42
"PSA will try to destroy any attempt by Volkswagen to break Loeb's record of nine in a row."

Whatever the cost! :champion:

ToughMac
16th February 2013, 00:42
"PSA will try to destroy any attempt by Volkswagen to break Loeb's record of nine in a row."

Whatever the cost! :champion:

Thing is who has the greater say Loeb or PSA? Money doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for Mr Loeb.

AMSS
16th February 2013, 14:04
With how it is going for PSA economically they won`t have anything to say to anybody soon.. :D

Mirek
16th February 2013, 14:49
That's a worrying development. PSA has been one of the pillar of our sport for ages and loosing it would be quite a blow. After everything got globalized into several mega corporations there's not much manufacturers left who could join.

Red bull
16th February 2013, 15:40
Unfortunately, the latest news (autoklub) is that Toyota had chosen WEC (two cars for the full season, instead of one) over Yaris WRC project, and the latter has been axed. No plans for WRC equals no S2000 car, but TMG might have some leftover money to develop an R5 in the future.
any other source about this toyota news?

MikeD
16th February 2013, 17:26
3105 Look at the stock price of PSA to get an idea of the troubles they are in.

danon
16th February 2013, 18:24
Thing is who has the greater say Loeb or PSA? Money doesn't seem to be a motivating factor for Mr Loeb.

You didn't get the main point. Try again. Think harder... :idea:

rallye-vid
16th February 2013, 20:10
any other source about this toyota news?

S2000: Toyota hat keine Eile*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2013/02/08/s2000-toyota-hat-keine-eile/index.html)

Kielder
18th February 2013, 11:20
The Peugeot 208 R5 has been renamed as Peugeot 208 T16. It's turbo & 16-valve, but some bhp were lost in between the two models :rolleyes: .

http://www.blogcdn.com/es.autoblog.com/media/2013/02/856725541823099181537883700377o.jpg
http://www.blogcdn.com/es.autoblog.com/media/2013/02/208t16.jpg

tommeke_B
18th February 2013, 15:42
Yves Matton: "François Duval still deserves his place in the WRC. He is one of the three best drivers I have been working with in the WRC. If he shows some motivation and he loses a bit of weight, he might get a new chance. I recommend him to buy the DVD of "Rocky 3" and watch it well. Rally Germany is still 6 months away..." :D

From Autonews magazine: Autonews Magazine » WRC » Et si Duval avait une nouvelle chance ? (http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=29193)

MartijnS
18th February 2013, 15:54
Sordo > Duval

Gregor-y
18th February 2013, 16:24
It would be a good excuse to request rally radio play 'Eye of the Tiger.'

rallye-vid
18th February 2013, 16:38
So.. Matton looks for someone who can beat Ogier? :s mokin:

Out of date? World Rally Championship - News - Matton: Hirvonen is right choice to lead Citroen (http://www.wrc.com/news/matton-hirvonen-is-right-choice-to-lead-citroen/?fid=17525) :cool:

stefanvv
18th February 2013, 16:47
So.. Matton looks for someone who can beat Ogier? :s mokin:

Out of date? World Rally Championship - News - Matton: Hirvonen is right choice to lead Citroen (http://www.wrc.com/news/matton-hirvonen-is-right-choice-to-lead-citroen/?fid=17525) :cool:

:D He is the right choice, but for second place I think.

Barreis
18th February 2013, 17:17
Will see after first gravel rally but I doubt.

darkstar
18th February 2013, 17:35
a duval comeback would be really cool, i like that guy. this sounds a bit like citroen is already scared that theyre driverschoice was wrong...and if it continues like that, i think it will be hard for citroen to even achieve manufacturers title.

User
18th February 2013, 18:09
That would be awesome, but will most likely - never happen. He should have chosen the 4 + 1 year contract with Ford in 2004 .. Although I believe at the time of signing at Citroën, Ford still wasn't sure if they would even contest the 2005 season. He might match Loeb on tarmac, but on gravel .. I think some youngster can beat him easily. Also not to forget he's 33 already.

But for some reason I like prefer him above Neuville (pure personal liking, nothing to do with performance)

tommeke_B
18th February 2013, 18:28
That would be awesome, but will most likely - never happen. He should have chosen the 4 + 1 year contract with Ford in 2004 .. Although I believe at the time of signing at Citroën, Ford still wasn't sure if they would even contest the 2005 season. He might match Loeb on tarmac, but on gravel .. I think some youngster can beat him easily. Also not to forget he's 33 already.

But for some reason I like prefer him above Neuville (pure personal liking, nothing to do with performance)
It's always easy talking now... In a few years people may talk about "what a stupid mistake" Latvala or Neuville did now, to give an example. And Duval is 32 years old by the way. ;) I also think that on gravel he would be beaten, but on asphalt he was one of the very fastest drivers, remember Germany '07 for example. He made a lot of mistakes indeed, but there are more drivers who make plenty of mistakes in the WRC now (Latvala, Novikov). Duval messed up his "big" carreer in 2005, at the age of 24/25. I would like to see a comeback, as he should be more mature and having the experience from what went wrong some years ago. :)

User
18th February 2013, 18:52
Yeah okay 32. I knew he's from 1980, but guessed the age ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back also, but realistically speaking. It made my evening though :)

garais22
18th February 2013, 19:41
Sorry for offtopic but must see: Incredible moment a stunt-driver performs the world's first 360-degree backflip in a CAR (VIDEO) (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/cits/1881-neticami-sportists-ar-automasinu-uzmet-atmugurisko-salto-video/)

Kielder
19th February 2013, 01:39
The state of things at Citroën's team:

- Hirvonen tested during this Monday in the South of Portugal. At least, he ended the day without burning the car up.
- Matton said in Spa this weekend that Duval deserves to be back on the WRC. It seems he doesn't remember neither Cyprus 2005 nor Duval's words saying that Citroën ruined his career.
- Sordo has disappeared since the end of Rally Sweden. He's been thinking why the hell he said that he'd go home if he doesn't win a rally on this season.
- Benito Guerra drove in Narbonne the DS3 for the first time. If there's one thing true, it's that he won't win a WRC event ever.
- Loeb tested a DS3 with circuit specs in Cheste last Saturday. He is the only one in the world who thinks he isn't needed in Mexico on 7th March.

spiderem
19th February 2013, 03:16
Sorry for offtopic but must see: Incredible moment a stunt-driver performs the world's first 360-degree backflip in a CAR (VIDEO) (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/cits/1881-neticami-sportists-ar-automasinu-uzmet-atmugurisko-salto-video/)
what is it that everybody wants to have a go at doing a backflip with the less suited vehicle for it???
it started with motocross, then snowmobile, then quadbike, now cars???
what is next? tractor? dozer? semi trailer?
honestly it's becoming ridiculous imo!
What has the driver to do with all this? everything was designed by computer, the exact angle of the jump, the weight of the car, the angle of the reception, and most importantly the speed to approach. Clearly the car was fitted with a speed limitator, the driver had to drive strait, end off.
I am not saying i could do it, but a remotely controlled car would have done the same job, and prevent Chicherit of having a back injury!

rallyfiend
19th February 2013, 09:39
[quote="spiderem"]what is it that everybody wants to have a go at doing a backflip with the less suited vehicle for it???
it started with motocross, then snowmobile, then quadbike, now cars???
what is next? tractor? dozer? semi trailer?
honestly it's becoming ridiculous imo!
What has the driver to do with all this? everything was designed by computer, the exact angle of the jump, the weight of the car, the angle of the reception, and most importantly the speed to approach. Clearly the car was fitted with a speed limitator, the driver had to drive strait, end off.
I am not saying i could do it, but a remotely controlled car would have done the same job, and prevent Chicherit of having a back injury![/QUOTE

Single backflip? Kids play.

Let's see him do this in a Mini.

Amazing Monster Truck Double Backflip - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-l-hvIJEYE)

GritPics
19th February 2013, 10:25
I think it would be great to see Duval back, he was lightening quick on tarmac.

I think Sordo will come good this season also, been surprised at his slow pace so far....

Humber
19th February 2013, 10:39
Would Araujo go better in a DS 3 ? What's Chardonnet up to this year ?

Sordo does not like the cold and might go better on warmer events.

andyone
19th February 2013, 11:29
i dont think if Citroen did the wrong driver choice. but who els would they choose to beat Ogier or Latvala or Ostberg.??? enlighten me guys. coz for my low knowloedge of rally. there is a very hard choice of drivers when you take off, ogier,latvala.osberg,hirvonen,loeb,, neuville is a good future driver. i think Citroen always has the good choice. its just the drivers run away or they just loose the drivers.

Coach 2
19th February 2013, 11:46
Would Araujo go better in a DS 3 ? What's Chardonnet up to this year ?

Sordo does not like the cold and might go better on warmer events.

When we talk about who disappointed us during the Rally Sweden, Sordo must be the right person to criticize. He ran this race just to accumulate points in the drivers championship. To get ahead of the first four in the result list was unrealistic. Knowing that everyone from number 5 and further back drove off the road one or more times, he should easily have been number 5. He does not complete the rally, stupid.

Luis Pacheco
19th February 2013, 11:51
Some rumours point to the presence of Loeb in Portugal for testing.

Hartusvuori
19th February 2013, 13:00
Esapekka Lappi - Janne Ferm will start Numedalsrally in Norway, March 2nd.
numedalsrally.no (http://www.numedalsrally.no/paameldte2/8)

Coach 2
19th February 2013, 14:26
Radio Motor » Esapekka Lappi til Numedalsrally! (http://www.radiomotor.no/podcast/esapekka-lappi-til-numedalsrally/)

mousti
19th February 2013, 14:46
Robert Kubica has refused to sign a contract with the team DTM - Mercedes. This information is confirmed by Toto Wolf, the new head of Mercedes motorsport. " Kubica unfortunately saw his way somewhere else. "
Not really a surprise for me

Mintexmemory
19th February 2013, 14:51
Robert Kubica has refused to sign a contract with the team DTM - Mercedes. This information is confirmed by Toto Wolf, the new head of Mercedes motorsport. " Kubica unfortunately saw his way somewhere else. "

C'mon Matton get yer chequebook out!! (economic restrictions notwithstanding)

KickenRallySport
19th February 2013, 16:01
Thats are only two drivers ho don´t have a seat, to have speed enough to beat the best drivers... PG Andersson and Kris Meeke!

AndyRAC
19th February 2013, 16:20

Hmm, interesting. I knew he wanted to do both DTM, and ERC. But, Mercedes weren't having it, so he's decided to turn his back on it. I have to say, the Merc DTM squad is pretty weak now.

COD
19th February 2013, 21:07
Thats are only two drivers ho don´t have a seat, to have speed enough to beat the best drivers... PG Andersson and Kris Meeke!

Are you serious? I can hardly see any evidence supporting that

spiderem
19th February 2013, 23:26
duval back in WRC?
a bit late to do a come back in my opinion, especially as he has never really shown amazing speed - maybe a one of on tarmac for citroen? but surely if matton is looking at recruiting people for championship target, there must be better driver available!

I'd like to see kubica's pace vs the current WRC driver. Don't understand though why he needed to push on the last day of rally du var with a 2 minutes lead...

tommeke_B
20th February 2013, 09:19
duval back in WRC?
a bit late to do a come back in my opinion, especially as he has never really shown amazing speed - maybe a one of on tarmac for citroen? but surely if matton is looking at recruiting people for championship target, there must be better driver available!

I'd like to see kubica's pace vs the current WRC driver. Don't understand though why he needed to push on the last day of rally du var with a 2 minutes lead...

How old are you? Maybe you are too young to have seen Duval drive...

A few things, just talking about asphalt, going back in history: In 2008 he did 3 asphalt events with Focus WRC (behind Loeb and Sordo), in Catalunya he was 4th (but he had to let Hirvonen pass, normally he would've been 3rd), in Tour de Corse he was 3rd (again he had to let Hirvonen pass, otherwise he would have been 2nd). In Germany 2007 on the first day he was faster than Sebastien Loeb while driving an older car... Finished 2nd overall some 20s behind Loeb. In 2005, his last proper season, after his bad first season half he won Australia (after a lot of retirements, that has to be said too), and finished 2nd overall in Germany(, Wales but that is gravel) and Catalunya. In 2004 he was on second position when he retired in Catalunya (suspension) and Corsica (engine), and finished second overall in Rally Germany, behind unbeatable Mr. Loeb.

I'm not a big fan of Duval, he threw away his chances. But you have to admit he was one of the fastest asphalt-drivers around... And that's why I would like to see him compete again now :)

Kielder
20th February 2013, 09:55
Malcolm Wilson did it again. The Fiesta R5 won't be the only new model at the MW Rally. He will drive for the first time a special Fiesta there. Conventional aspirated engine of 2.4 L, 325 bhp, fit to S2000.

rallynoticias.com (http://rallynoticias.com/nivel2.php?lang=es&id_noticia=6717)

Mirek
20th February 2013, 10:10
Malcolm Wilson did it again. The Fiesta R5 won't be the only new model at the MW Rally. He will drive for the first time a special Fiesta there. Conventional aspirated engine of 2.4 L, 325 bhp, fit to S2000.

rallynoticias.com (http://rallynoticias.com/nivel2.php?lang=es&id_noticia=6717)

Imported from Argentina or what is that? I don't get why they would build such car for European users.

Kielder
20th February 2013, 10:34
Imported from Argentina or what is that? I don't get why they would build such car for European users.

I seriously doubt it's an imported car. This Argentinian website is a good source about M-Sport's facts, they usually publish fresh information about the team. I believe we'll get official information about this Fiesta soon :) .

Mirek
20th February 2013, 11:05
OK, but for what is that useful? No FIA class allow that and also Ford doesn't produce such engine. Probably it is same Honda 2.4 engine as used in South America. For me it just makes no sense.

Kielder
20th February 2013, 11:12
A tweet 12 min ago has the answer:
M-Sport ‏@DovenbyHall (https://twitter.com/DovenbyHall) M-Sport will debut their latest customer product - the Ford Fiesta S2400 - at the upcoming Malcolm Wilson Rally
Super 2400 to make debut on the Malcolm Wilson Rally (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/1327-super-2400-to-make-debut-on-the-malcolm-wilson-rally)

tommeke_B
20th February 2013, 11:14
Just another way to make money Mirek... He can sell the engine to drivers who compete in local events with more open regulations. I know that in the UK the regulation aren't so strict and there are a lot of classes. Info also says the engine can be fitted in a Escort MK2... :)

darkstar
20th February 2013, 11:19
this article says the car has nothing to do with the car from south american maxi class ad that they also want to sell it to escort mk1 and mk2 drivers:

Wilson stellt Fiesta (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2013/02/19/wilson-stellt-fiesta-s2400-vor/index.html)

Mirek
20th February 2013, 11:25
Just another way to make money Mirek... He can sell the engine to drivers who compete in local events with more open regulations. I know that in the UK the regulation aren't so strict and there are a lot of classes. Info also says the engine can be fitted in a Escort MK2... :)

OK but the S2000 cars are expensive to run. New engine will not change much about that. How many Fiesta S2000 cars were used on UK soil through the years? Very few. The shape of their championships hasn't got better in last years, economy isn't growing. That's why I don't see any large market for such a car.

But when I see the engine can be used for Escorts than it makes much more sense. The possibility to use it in Fiesta S2000 is than just an additional option but not what could make such project profitable itself (in my opinion).

Viking
20th February 2013, 11:32
Customer project for National Championships

Super 2400 to make debut on the Malcolm Wilson Rally (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/1327-super-2400-to-make-debut-on-the-malcolm-wilson-rally)

AndyRAC
20th February 2013, 11:40
I think the engine is what will go in the ‘Modern’ Escorts that are seen in British/ Irish events, e;g BTRDA Rallies. There is a market for them, Millington have good business, so M-Sport have thought they’ll try. And why not?

A FONDO
20th February 2013, 11:58
South American 2,4 engines have about 270 hp i.e. less maint. cost per km. This S2400 engine is totally meaningless, especially when the tendency is towards smaller turbinated engines.

ToughMac
20th February 2013, 13:17
South American 2,4 engines have about 270 hp i.e. less maint. cost per km. This S2400 engine is totally meaningless, especially when the tendency is towards smaller turbinated engines.

The lower horsepower could be to do with the higher altitude in Argentina. With it being an atmospheric engine it is going to suffer than little bit more than a turbo unit. Big engines are quiet popular in Ireland especially. The trend over the last five years or so has been going in the opposite direction to that of the WRC. The norm was 2 litre with it now becoming 2.5.

Barreis
20th February 2013, 15:09
Francois Duval linked to Citroen drive for Rally Germany - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105638)

jbmarcus21
20th February 2013, 19:51
Hirvonen Test Days to prepare Rally Mexico [PHOTOS] Hirvonen prépare le Rallye Wrc Mexique 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/hirvonen-prepa) ... ique-2013/

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/8353/3324z.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/3324z.jpg/)

Barreis
20th February 2013, 20:33
Acropolis Rally organiser insists event not in jeopardy - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105647)

rallye-vid
20th February 2013, 20:52
No Circus Maximus in Germany this year: ADAC sagt Finalshow der Rallye-WM in Trier ab - volksfreund.de (http://www.volksfreund.de/nachrichten/region/trier/Heute-in-der-Trierer-Zeitung-ADAC-sagt-Finalshow-der-Rallye-WM-in-Trier-ab;art754,3442985)

Plan9
20th February 2013, 23:55
Prodrive wants to do more in the WRC with Mini according to this article:

iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003179&10)

spiderem
21st February 2013, 00:10
How old are you? Maybe you are too young to have seen Duval drive...

A few things, just talking about asphalt, going back in history: In 2008 he did 3 asphalt events with Focus WRC (behind Loeb and Sordo), in Catalunya he was 4th (but he had to let Hirvonen pass, normally he would've been 3rd), in Tour de Corse he was 3rd (again he had to let Hirvonen pass, otherwise he would have been 2nd). In Germany 2007 on the first day he was faster than Sebastien Loeb while driving an older car... Finished 2nd overall some 20s behind Loeb. In 2005, his last proper season, after his bad first season half he won Australia (after a lot of retirements, that has to be said too), and finished 2nd overall in Germany(, Wales but that is gravel) and Catalunya. In 2004 he was on second position when he retired in Catalunya (suspension) and Corsica (engine), and finished second overall in Rally Germany, behind unbeatable Mr. Loeb.

I'm not a big fan of Duval, he threw away his chances. But you have to admit he was one of the fastest asphalt-drivers around... And that's why I would like to see him compete again now :)
I think you missed my point. I agree that duval had a tremendous speed on tarmac, but was hardly reliable for the full season.
Also his last full season was 2005, which is 8 years ago... lots of things have happened since then. (has he ever drove new gen WRC???)
so i would be glad to see him in germany, but people thinking of him as a last chance for factory driver for citroen to bring the manu championship home once again, it's a bit too much.
And yes i am young but i did see him in MC 2006... my first WRC!

danon
21st February 2013, 00:54

iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003179&10)

... Prodrive's top driver spy pic...

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6751/mp1br.jpg

jbmarcus21
21st February 2013, 06:53
Sordo testing Rally Mexico [PHOTO] & [VIDEO]
Sordo prépare le Rallye Wrc Mexique 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/sordo-prepare-le-rallye-wrc-mexique-2013/)

rallyfiend
21st February 2013, 09:54

Of course they do. They just need people to pay for it!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. This is just meaningless drivel PR.

tommeke_B
21st February 2013, 13:06
I think you missed my point. I agree that duval had a tremendous speed on tarmac, but was hardly reliable for the full season.
Also his last full season was 2005, which is 8 years ago... lots of things have happened since then. (has he ever drove new gen WRC???)
so i would be glad to see him in germany, but people thinking of him as a last chance for factory driver for citroen to bring the manu championship home once again, it's a bit too much.
And yes i am young but i did see him in MC 2006... my first WRC!

This answer is very different than your other one where you said: "he has never really shown amazing speed." ;) With this post I can't disagree... :)

jbmarcus21
22nd February 2013, 14:55
Petter Solberg full season in Europe Rallycross
Petter Solberg sur le Championnat Europe de Rallycross ! (http://planetemarcus.com/petter-solberg-sur-le-championnat-europe-de-rallycross/)

Mintexmemory
22nd February 2013, 15:27
This answer is very different than your other one where you said: "he has never really shown amazing speed." ;) With this post I can't disagree... :)
Tom is absolutely correct - amazing speed....... right up to the point that the tree gets in the way or the wheels are all pointing towards the sky ;)

No, Duval has never competed in a new generation WRC car (don't know if he has tested for anyone). His last outing, Deutschland 10, was hardly inspiring from where I was spectating - Lying a fairly distant 5th when he crashed on Panzerplatte (seems a familiar story)

rage82
26th February 2013, 10:48
Something about Kubica - MAXRALLY - Kubica: pace won (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/25/kubica-pace-wont-be-a-problem)

rage82
26th February 2013, 10:51
Wonderful shots of Loeb by McKlein photography - MAXRALLY - A celebration of Loeb (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/02/25/a-celebration-of-loebs-celebrations)

dimviii
26th February 2013, 17:24
A Guinness record for Hirvonen (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/News/A-Guinness-record-for-Hirvonen)

Mirek
26th February 2013, 19:42
Time to establish some our own stupid discipline to be in Guiness book?

rallye-vid
26th February 2013, 20:28
Number of fans on a stage? ;)

Hartusvuori
26th February 2013, 20:55
Number of fans on a stage? ;)

On a cancelled stage?

Humber
27th February 2013, 09:07
Hayden Paddon should be back on gravel this weekend for a club event in NZ. He is down to drive the Evo IX with tweaks and a Group 4 spec MK2 Escort.

leighton323
27th February 2013, 09:16
Hayden Paddon should be back on gravel this weekend for a club event in NZ. He is down to drive the Evo IX with tweaks and a Group 4 spec MK2 Escort.

Hopefully I can attend ;) is the car in r4 specs?

had_zachau
27th February 2013, 18:56
Tomas Kostka wants to start on tarmac events with WRC car. Source (http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fzlinsky.denik.cz%2Fostatni_region%2 Fkostka-uprednostni-kvalitu-20130227.html&act=url)

Humber
27th February 2013, 20:05
Hopefully I can attend ;) is the car in r4 specs?

Paddon to contest rebuilt Mitsubishi rally car in local events

by Hayden Paddon (http://www.facebook.com/haydenpaddonwrc) on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 7:16am ·

New Zealand’s top rally driver Hayden Paddon gets back behind the wheel of his championship-winning Mitsubishi this weekend after investing more than 1,000 hours rebuilding the car.

Paddon is looking forward to competing in the Hillblock Shingle Sprint run on Spur Road, Fairlie, on Saturday 2 March, his first event since November’s Rally Spain. The local rally-sprint event provides a break from the intensive planning that Paddon and his team continue to do, aiming to return to competition in the FIA World Rally Championship when the required funding can be put in place.

The Mitsubishi Lancer EVO rally car was extensively damaged 14 months ago after Paddon and a guest at his sponsor ride day plunged 200 metres down a cliff off a gravel road closed for the event. It is the well-known green-liveried car which Paddon drove to victory in two New Zealand Rally Championships, the Asia Pacific Rally Championship’s Pacific Cup and the Asia Pacific round of the Pirelli Star Driver scholarship competition.

Since returning from Europe last November where he contested the 2012 FIA Super 2000 World Rally Championship, Paddon has worked on the car’s rebuild with the help of numerous people alongside his efforts trying to putting together an international campaign for the balance of this year.

“After the huge crash in December 2011, it’s been an equally massive effort to repair the EVO, possible only due to the contributions and generosity of a lot of South Canterbury people, especially Coxy and Alan Dunn,” says Paddon.

The EVO has been rebuilt to R4 specifications making it lighter and faster with improved geometry.

At the Spur Road event, organised by the Mackenzie and Ashburton Car Clubs, Paddon will also enjoy the opportunity to compete in the classic Stadium Cars Ford Escort BDA he ran at the DriveSouth Rally of Otago last May.

“Then I’ll be running as the zero-zero safety car for the Westland Rally 16 and 17 March, which will also be great fun.

“I’m just really looking forward to getting back behind the wheel during the coming weeks, but beyond that plans are still uncertain. I expect we’ll contest some other New Zealand rallies in the Evo, but the main priority continues to be to competing in selected World Rally Championship events this year. So we’re all working hard on those plans and, meanwhile, I can get back into the competition mode.

“I would like to extend our very appreciative thanks to everyone that helped with the rebuild including Coxy, Alan and Matt Dunn, Total Automotive, my father Chris Paddon, Neil, Morgan and Brad, Elite Transport refinishers, Brian Terry, Ralliart, RaceFab, Resene, Andar the Front Store, Reaction Racing, Motec, All About Signs, Avesis and Box, Stadium Cars, and In-Tune Automotive.”

Yes in R4 specs.

tfp
27th February 2013, 23:03
Tom is absolutely correct - amazing speed....... right up to the point that the tree gets in the way or the wheels are all pointing towards the sky ;)

No, Duval has never competed in a new generation WRC car (don't know if he has tested for anyone). His last outing, Deutschland 10, was hardly inspiring from where I was spectating - Lying a fairly distant 5th when he crashed on Panzerplatte (seems a familiar story)

Looks like folk are re-opening the old "Duval can of worms" :p

Definetly a love or hate character, and I must admit I am a fan of his. He was very quick when he could keep it on the road and he wasnt afraid to say what he thinks and speak his mind, and not what he was told to say by his team bosses.

DonJippo
28th February 2013, 13:09
he wasnt afraid to say what he thinks and speak his mind, and not what he was told to say by his team bosses.

That did really help him to stay in WRC.

rallyfiend
28th February 2013, 13:23
Bloody hell, half the time people are complaining about there being a lack of seats for deserving 'young guns' and then in barely a different breath suggesting bringing back an over-hyped, arrogant, crash-prone, non-team playing underperformer like Duval.

He's had more than his fair share of opportunity. Let him go.

Unbelievable.

stefanvv
28th February 2013, 14:04
Isn't that Matton wants him, to show VW who is the master in Germany?

MJW
28th February 2013, 14:35
Isn't that Matton wants him, to show VW who is the master in Germany?

Dream on that bloated arrogant Duval wont get near Ogier, Seb Ogier's only real rival is Seb Loeb.

Sprocket
28th February 2013, 15:01
The only driver who disappointed me more than Duval in Germany 2010 was Hirvonen who retired before I barely saw him on the stages lol.

Duval always seems to be made out to be a mega driver, I can't see how he deserves it to be honest from past results and crashing out record.

One can't discount though he has had two second places in Germany before 2010, could it be that Citroen are bringing in a specialist driver for the round with the manufacturers title in mind? Duval certainly generated a lot of PR hype in 2010 for the rally too, I wouldn't underestimate his popularity with fans in Belgium/Germany who might be pleased to see him back in a WRC car.

MJW
28th February 2013, 17:45
Kubica reported to be close to a Citroen DS3 RRC, I'd rather see Kubica than Duval in a car in Germany.

PLuto
28th February 2013, 17:51
Kubica reported to be close to a Citroen DS3 RRC, I'd rather see Kubica than Duval in a car in Germany.

If he will be good in ERC, it is expected he will do at least one WRC round...

Motorsportfun
28th February 2013, 18:28
Jost Capito, today in a Press Conference, talked about Manufacturers (wants back factories Ford and Mini), Events and British TV-coverage.

WRC / Capito: (http://www.rallyemotion.it/5862_wrc-jost-capito-importanti-tv-gare-nei-mercati-chiave/)

Donney
28th February 2013, 19:41
Of course he does, if his team wins many factory backed teams, he gets better publicity.

tfp
28th February 2013, 23:38
suggesting bringing back an over-hyped, arrogant, crash-prone, non-team playing underperformer like Duval.

:p
Dont listen to him Francois, he doesn't mean it really ;)

Gregor-y
1st March 2013, 15:34
That's funny considering he left Ford to head VW's program. Granted not Ford's motor sport field, but a performance division, none the less.

Mintexmemory
1st March 2013, 15:53
:p
Dont listen to him Francois, he doesn't mean it really ;)

One other problem for a FD comeback -who's mad enough to want the left hand seat. Msr Giraudet is hors de combat so a francophone nutter is required!!

tommeke_B
1st March 2013, 16:18
One other problem for a FD comeback -who's mad enough to want the left hand seat. Msr Giraudet is hors de combat so a francophone nutter is required!!
There are plenty of people who wouldn't say no... :)

Barreis
1st March 2013, 17:01
Should be cool to see FD.

leighton323
2nd March 2013, 06:04
A short video by me from Hayden Paddon at a local rallysprint today. Sorry about the quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWHOlMh-NS8

leighton323
2nd March 2013, 06:05
And him again in a BDA Escort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdapiV3ATJo

smokin'joe
2nd March 2013, 22:34
And him again in a BDA Escort.
great day out. did you get any other videos, Matt?

leighton323
3rd March 2013, 00:22
great day out. did you get any other videos, Matt?

No sorry, battery died on the camera, a couple of photos though, but poor quality as I only have an old digital camera :)

PLuto
3rd March 2013, 22:32
Robert Kubica with Citroen in 7 rounds of WRC2? - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=56&p=67258#p67257)

tolis
3rd March 2013, 22:32
Rumours that Kubica will do 7 rounds in WRC2, in the Citroen DS3 RRC!

106 sport
3rd March 2013, 22:59
Robert Kubica with Citroen in 7 rounds of WRC2? - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=56&p=67258#p67257)

And no ERC ?

Bartolbia84
4th March 2013, 08:19
son rumors on RK, I there is also truth in these stories

Fly
4th March 2013, 08:43
AUTOhebdo.fr | Robert Kubica rejoint Citron en WRC2! (http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/article-26-1-16131/040313-robert-kubica-rejoint-citroen-en-wrc2%C2%A0)

Kielder
4th March 2013, 08:45
Kubica will do 7 rounds of WRC2 in Citroen DS3 RRC starting Portugal and selected ERC events (starting Canary Islands as announced).

"I haven’t set myself any specific target. I still have a lot to learn in rallying and to improve I will need to rack up the miles on the stages."

Citroën Racing Press Release (http://www.citroen-wrc.com/en/2013/news/wrc-news/4702/robert-kubica-opts-for-the-citroen-ds3-rrc/)

Kielder
4th March 2013, 09:23
Polish source says that Kubica's co-driver will be Maciek Baran, who actually is co-driving Michal Solowow.

bluuford
4th March 2013, 09:26
I noticed that Solowow-s 207 S2000 is for sale as well ;-)

br21
4th March 2013, 12:43

As for today Solowow stops rallying. But it might change in the future...

mousti
4th March 2013, 13:04
Wow that's some big news that he suddenly stops..

Mirek
4th March 2013, 13:31
As for today Solowow stops rallying. But it might change in the future...

It was non-officially announced already at the end of last year but it seems he wanted to have some fun on snow before his retirement.

bluuford
4th March 2013, 14:45
Well. he is over fifty years old already:-) I am sure he will be back before he becomes 60 :-) We have birthday on the same day, I know these kind of people :-P

Motorsportfun
4th March 2013, 16:16
Anyone knows which is the Polish sponsor behind Kubica's programme? Lotos again (like Kosciuszko), his personal energy-drink-sponsor (N-GINE) or something else?

WUff1
4th March 2013, 16:30
It was non-officially announced already at the end of last year but it seems he wanted to have some fun on snow before his retirement.

Well, that´s some other big news this days. Now his late entry for Jänner Rallye and his non-entry for WRC2 at Sweden (just for general classement) makes sense. I already wondered before if his Fiesta S2000 was sold.

br21
4th March 2013, 16:51
Well, that´s some other big news this days. Now his late entry for Jänner Rallye and his non-entry for WRC2 at Sweden (just for general classement) makes sense. I already wondered before if his Fiesta S2000 was sold.

He entered for Janner in last minute, guys prepare car with big rush as it wans't planned before. After conditions became not perfect he withdraw there. Sweden was one rally he likes, conditions were OK so he participated. Fiesta was sold some time ago to Koltun, Solowows team still takes care of it, it was crashed few times since then, now has new bodyshell. Koltun also bought Fiesta RRC recently.

Tom206wrc
4th March 2013, 19:28

Apparently Tomasz Kuchar already bought it ;)

br21
4th March 2013, 20:52
Apparently Tomasz Kuchar already bought it ;)

No, Kuchar bought different 207, not the one from Solowow.

Bartek
4th March 2013, 21:17
Anyone knows which is the Polish sponsor behind Kubica's programme? Lotos again (like Kosciuszko), his personal energy-drink-sponsor (N-GINE) or something else?

Maybe Solowow? :) I heard that rumor only...

Motorsportfun
4th March 2013, 23:45
Maybe Solowow? :) I heard that rumor only...

That could be a very big new!

Red bull
6th March 2013, 17:44
VW TO FIELD TWO TEAMS 2013 FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (http://www.fia.com/2013-fia-world-rally-championship-manufacturers-1)

rallye-vid
6th March 2013, 18:09
Team 2: Mikkelsen

stefanvv
6th March 2013, 18:12
VW TO FIELD TWO TEAMS 2013 FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (http://www.fia.com/2013-fia-world-rally-championship-manufacturers-1)

So I guess Mikkelsen will be the sole driver in the second VW team as they'll not run more than 3 cars this year.

makinen_fan
6th March 2013, 18:35
So I guess Mikkelsen will be the sole driver in the second VW team as they'll not run more than 3 cars this year.

Yes Capito made it clear that they will only have 3 VW Polos this year. This was in the pre-Mexico press conference, i think you can find it in iRally

Kielder
7th March 2013, 02:28
It's a coincidence that the Hyundai i20 WRC will be the 20th car of the WRC era. Full WRC's list:

1-Citroen Xsara WRC 2001-2006
2-Citroen C4 WRC 2007-2010
3-Citroen DS3 WRC 2011-
4-Ford Escort WRC 1997-1998
5-Ford Focus WRC 1999-2010
6-Ford Fiesta WRC 2011-
7-Hyundai Accent WRC 2000-2003
8-Hyundai i20 WRC 2014-
9-MINI John Cooper Works WRC 2011-2012
10-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution WRC 2001-2002
11-Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2004-2005
12-Peugeot 206 WRC 1999-2003
13-Peugeot 307 WRC 2004-2005
14-Seat Córdoba WRC 1998-2000
15-Skoda Octavia WRC 1999-2003
16-Skoda Fabia WRC 2003-2005
17-Subaru Impreza WRC 1997-2008
18-Suzuki SX4 WRC 2007-2008
19-Toyota Corolla WRC 1997-1999
20-Volkswagen Polo R WRC-2013-

P.S. Waiting for the Toyota Whatever21. :D

PLuto
7th March 2013, 02:34
It's a coincidence that the Hyundai i20 WRC will be the 20th car of the WRC era. Full WRC's list:

1-Citroen Xsara WRC 2001-2006
2-Citroen C4 WRC 2007-2010
3-Citroen DS3 WRC 2011-
4-Ford Escort WRC 1997-1998
5-Ford Focus WRC 1999-2010
6-Ford Fiesta WRC 2011-
7-Hyundai Accent WRC 2000-2003
8-Hyundai i20 WRC 2014-
9-MINI John Cooper Works WRC 2011-2012
10-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution WRC 2001-2002
11-Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2004-2005
12-Peugeot 206 WRC 1999-2003
13-Peugeot 307 WRC 2004-2005
14-Seat Córdoba WRC 1998-2000
15-Skoda Octavia WRC 1999-2003
16-Skoda Fabia WRC 2003-2005
17-Subaru Impreza WRC 1997-2008
18-Suzuki SX4 WRC 2007-2008
19-Toyota Corolla WRC 1997-1999
20-Volkswagen Polo R WRC-2013-

P.S. Waiting for the Toyota Whatever21. :D

I dont know, but if you count two different Mitsubishi Lancer, you should count also two different Subaru Impreza (hatchback and sedan). Car was completely different, only had same name...

TyPat107
7th March 2013, 05:31
I dont know, but if you count two different Mitsubishi Lancer, you should count also two different Subaru Impreza (hatchback and sedan). Car was completely different, only had same name...

The impreza would be Three different cars really.
coupe 97-2000
sedan 2001-2007
hatchback 2008

kolin
7th March 2013, 08:02
PLuto you don't have the list Mitsubishi Carisma. Burns drove this car

Hazza555)
7th March 2013, 08:08

Carisma/Evo was a Group A car, not WR car

makinen_fan
7th March 2013, 08:20
And you can also count at three focus (initial, 2004 and the late one). Also Impreza sedan had 3 models that looked at least different from outside

Mirek
7th March 2013, 08:48

It was Kielder who made the list, not PLuto ;)

I would not count 2.0 and 1.6 WRC cars together anyway. far too different machinery.

Kielder
7th March 2013, 10:02
I copied the list from Autosport.pt (http://autosport.sapo.pt/hyundai-i20-wrc-sera-o-20-wrc-da-historia=f110966), but I didn't think about it deeply (in my defense, I have to say that it was later than 3AM :) ).
As usual, a good reason to start an interesting debate and to remember great cars as the different Imprezas, Mitshubishis and the three Focus. :up:

Mirek
7th March 2013, 10:15
For me it's so strange when I see for example VAG celebrating 30 millions of Golf produced over all the years. Those 30 millions were 7 completely different cars which just happen to have same name. Shall we count together recent two generations of Škoda Superb with first ones produced in 1930? WTF :)

AndyRAC
7th March 2013, 12:36
Not a lot different to the Toyota Corolla or VW Type1 (Beetle)......

Red bull
7th March 2013, 12:58
Team 2: Mikkelsen MAXRALLY - Double pain for Mikkelsen (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/03/07/double-pain-for-mikkelsen)

Allar
7th March 2013, 21:18
Ott Tänak will do rest of the Estonian champ, i still hope they will start on some WRC events.

ToughMac
7th March 2013, 21:26

Pretty sure the Imprezas had the same engines i.e. the engine in the S12c was transferred to the s14. Whatever about the running gear etc the engines were the same.

muratgunarslan
8th March 2013, 07:48
Ott Tänak will do rest of the Estonian champ, i still hope they will start on some WRC events.
which car?

Prisoner Monkeys
8th March 2013, 10:50
Title says it all, really:

Guerra promised full WRC season if he does well in Mexico - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105890)

For his sake, and for the sake of a larger entry list, I hope he does.

Franky
8th March 2013, 11:25
Title says it all, really:

Guerra promised full WRC season if he does well in Mexico - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105890)

For his sake, and for the sake of a larger entry list, I hope he does.

Depends what is 'does well'. If it's score a point, then that's quite realistic even. 10 point scoring positions, 13 WRCars.

Prisoner Monkeys
8th March 2013, 11:44
He says his objective is to finish the rally as the top privateer:

World Rally Championship - News - Guerra close to securing WRC future (http://www.wrc.com/news/guerra-close-to-securing-wrc-future/?fid=18340)

So he's probably looking to beat Block, Prokop, Kosciuszko and Atkinson. Atkinson will probably be the hardest driver to beat. Prokop might put up a bit of a fight, too.

pantealex
8th March 2013, 14:51
Atkinson is NOT privateer, driving for Abu-Dhabi Citroen, "same" car that Sordo drive before.

OldF
8th March 2013, 17:47
Vatanen president of Estonian Autosport Union and Seb Loeb as vice-president of FIA's drivers comissions. Members are Daniel Elena, Marcus Grönholm and Nasser Al Attiyah.

MAXRALLY - It (http://www.maxrally.com/2013/03/08/its-president-vatanen-and-vp-loeb)

iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00003381)

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 18:03
Not a lot different to the Toyota Corolla or VW Type1 (Beetle)......

..and Renault Clio :p :

Allar
11th March 2013, 15:49
which car?

Ott will drive N4 car in Estonia, cheap and its better than siting home. I think it will be Subaru...

sindroms
11th March 2013, 15:55
Ott will drive N4 car in Estonia, cheap and its better than siting home. I think it will be Subaru...

Our time classic is on the way - Tanak vs. Lukyanuk :)