PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Red bull
15th November 2012, 13:07
If the news about Kuldar is true then we have a number of musical chairs on the CD seat to contemplate.
Novikov - Giraudet or Minor or Prevot
Ostberg - Minor? (M-Sport or Prodrive?)
Mikkelsen - Markulla
Atko - Prevot?
Tanak - Martin? (But he'll be needed for the 3rd M-Sport when Nasser isn't using it! ;) or will he now be permanent for Nasser too?)
Meeke or Breen for Nagle?
Permanent CD for Jarko if he gets a full Prodrive season
Would Jonas or Ola want another season with anyone.
I can't remember a time when there was so much upheaval among the note callers
WILSON UNDER PRESSURE Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2012%2F11%2F15%2Fjunioren-setzen-wilson-unter-druck%2Findex.html)

Mikkaki
15th November 2012, 13:11
Rumours say no, unless he finds 1 million.

Witch rumours?

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 13:29
WILSON UNDER PRESSURE Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2012%2F11%2F15%2Fjunioren-setzen-wilson-unter-druck%2Findex.html)
Keep up RB we've been talking about that article in other posts, my point was about the fluid Co-Driver situation

Gatzby
15th November 2012, 13:29
Witch rumours?

Wilson said in an interview to an Estonian newspaper that Ott needs to find a big sponsor. Almrally.ru said that the rumour is that he needs 1M.

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 13:32
Wilson said in an interview to an Estonian newspaper that Ott needs to find a big sponsor. Almrally.ru said that the rumour is that he needs 1M.

Why would Almrally.ru be saying that, does Markko Martin talk to them or are they stirring the pot for Evgeny?

Iskald
15th November 2012, 14:04
If the news about Kuldar is true then we have a number of musical chairs on the CD seat to contemplate.
Novikov - Giraudet or Minor or Prevot
Ostberg - Minor? (M-Sport or Prodrive?)
Mikkelsen - Markulla
Atko - Prevot?
Tanak - Martin? (But he'll be needed for the 3rd M-Sport when Nasser isn't using it! ;) or will he now be permanent for Nasser too?)
Meeke or Breen for Nagle?
Permanent CD for Jarko if he gets a full Prodrive season
Would Jonas or Ola want another season with anyone.
I can't remember a time when there was so much upheaval among the note callers

Østberg - Minor ??? Its Jonas Andersson, isnt it, unless you have some sensational inside source saying something completely different...?

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 14:10
Østberg - Minor ??? Its Jonas Andersson, isnt it, unless you have some sensational inside source saying something completely different...?

If you go back to last week that was rumoured after the news about Ola !! Though Ilka said she knew nothing about it (but she would say that, wouldn't she ;) )

Viking
15th November 2012, 15:04
An honest Petter sums up 2012 "it's been disappointing, very disappointing."

Never give up! | Hollywood magic Blog | Page 1 | WRC News | Nov 2012 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+rally/blog/186122/1/74780/never_give_up.html)

A FONDO
15th November 2012, 16:55
Why would Almrally.ru be saying that, does Markko Martin talk to them or are they stirring the pot for Evgeny?

I am not sure what "stirring the pot" means, but ALM have the better driver and the more money so they don't have the need to intrigue through their personal website in order to help him get a place.

Also, there are Solberg, Ostberg, Kuipers, Rahji, Breen with big checkbooks so it's quite unreliable to believe Malcolm will give Tanak one more free year.

Red bull
15th November 2012, 18:07
Petter Solberg feels he has the speed to win another WRC title - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104242)

Georgi
15th November 2012, 18:18
So father Østberg play the Prodrive joker card... :)

Is the father Østberg so rich ?

Kielder
15th November 2012, 19:38
Petter Solberg feels he has the speed to win another WRC title - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104242)

I respect this man, he was in the Championship for seven years without winning a rally. Now it seems M-Sport won't believe his story again. He doesn't even has the speed to win another rally in the Championship.

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 19:44
I am not sure what "stirring the pot" means, but ALM have the better driver and the more money so they don't have the need to intrigue through their personal website in order to help him get a place.

Also, there are Solberg, Ostberg, Kuipers, Rahji, Breen with big checkbooks so it's quite unreliable to believe Malcolm will give Tanak one more free year.

"Stirring the pot" was my euphemism for agitation of manure! (which is still a polite version of the anglo-saxon phrase)
Breen doesn't have a big check book so I can't see him getting anything other than an ERC campaign.
Ostberg's funding was explained a few weeks ago but he isn't just relying on papa.
As for ALM and what they might or might not be saying, anything that might prevent a deal being concluded at present that maximises the number of seat providers to continue negotiations with strengthens their bargaining position. "We have the money, Evgeny has gained podiums, what will you give us for this amount?" is the sort of conversation you can easily imagine. M-Sport sewn up means less choice.

Barreis
15th November 2012, 20:20
Very nice news about Sordo.

dimviii
15th November 2012, 20:31
from Colins twitter

The Hyundai engineers who were at Rally Catalunya were there with Stohl Racing. Not sure we can read much into this but still interesting.

Gregor-y
15th November 2012, 22:53
I'm glad to hear Sordo has a seat, and I really want him and Hirvonen to do well, but with them both at Citroen I can't help thinking of them being as awkward as two roommates that have dated the same fashion model.

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 23:03
from Colins twitter

The Hyundai engineers who were at Rally Catalunya were there with Stohl Racing. Not sure we can read much into this but still interesting.

Ok so now the one-off Stohl NZ participation begins to make sense!!

Kielder
16th November 2012, 00:06
Welcome home, Dani: iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://www.irallylive.com/ir_vid.htm?00000454!)
In the video Matton says again that is important to have a driver of Southern Europe. Sure they took this into account, in addition being a Citroen driver in the past. The Spaniard can't be happier, we have only to see the way he smiles. It has to be a relief not to drive a Mini again.
I wonder if Sordo is the first driver who will drive with three factory teams in the same season (my memory says yes). Del Barrio wrote today on Twitter that they are ready to start testing. What about a rally before the end of the year?

mousti
16th November 2012, 00:52
Today we'll probably know if Dani starts in Rallye de Var.

xavier
16th November 2012, 03:54
Clever decision from Citroen, I've got this feeling that Sordo has improved and grown during this years at Prodrive and that he'll be fighting for the title.

I wish Dani to get at least a Win next year. JML is now a very serious contender on the black stuff, but of course VW competitiveness is a big unknown.
But in any case i would bet on Dani getting his first win next year.

I am glad if he got a full season, Citroen owes him that.

keng
16th November 2012, 04:27
Does that mean Sordo will only be competing in the remaining rounds that Loeb won't be competing in or Citroen is gonna run 3 cars for those rounds?

stefanvv
16th November 2012, 04:38
Does that mean Sordo will only be competing in the remaining rounds that Loeb won't be competing in or Citroen is gonna run 3 cars for those rounds?

3 cars, 2 scoring points for Citroen (I think)

TG
16th November 2012, 06:09
It's interesting to see, will they (Citroen) give Mr.Loeb team orders to slow down if Mikko's (or Dani's) championship campaign requests it.

Mirek
16th November 2012, 07:51
from Colins twitter

Stohl Racing is running the Fiesta of Oliveira with what they were photographed so it makes sense.

T.Maanteiden kuningas
16th November 2012, 08:42
I hope that Sordo have to slow down IF he isn't driving manufacturing points and he is front of Hirvonen or Loeb when they are driving at manufacturing points.

Little lesson will do good for Dani boy.

tommeke_B
16th November 2012, 08:55
I would rather put Loeb and Sordo in for the asphalt events... Hirvonen won't be as fast as Sordo and Loeb on asphalt anyway.

leighton323
16th November 2012, 08:56
Has anyone heard rumours of talks between M-Sport and DMACK? Just saw I tweet suggesting DMACK are offering money to Malcolm. Seen on Colin McMasters twitter account, will try post a link soon.

https://twitter.com/colmcklein/status/269082629402411008

T.Maanteiden kuningas
16th November 2012, 09:00
I would rather put Loeb and Sordo in for the asphalt events... Hirvonen won't be as fast as Sordo and Loeb on asphalt anyway.

TRUE.

Viking
16th November 2012, 12:41

I think the rules says you can't change the #1 team in the season. Only if FIA gives you permission under "force majeure" circumstanses.

bluuford
16th November 2012, 13:55
I think the rules says you can't change the #1 team in the season. Only if FIA gives you permission under "force majeure" circumstanses.
Yes, you are not allowed to change No 1 driver. If Mikko is driving the whole season, then Loeb and Dani can share car nr 2.

donlorean
16th November 2012, 14:21
Third car points does not effect for manufacturer championship... So if Loed drives third car in Monte, win's a rally and Sordo is second, Loed gets 25 points for drivers champ, Sordo gets 18 points for driver and 25 points to manufacturer championship... So it's not a big deal who collect points for Citroen...

serial jeff
16th November 2012, 15:36
It's interesting to see, will they (Citroen) give Mr.Loeb team orders to slow down if Mikko's (or Dani's) championship campaign requests it.

lol, that'd be funny, but it's not going to happen. It'd be pointless anyway; Loeb could ignore the orders, and the team can't do anything about it.

jbmarcus21
16th November 2012, 16:03
My Best Of Rally Vidéo 2012
2012 RELOADED by PLANETEMARCUS - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5w6_oHMTKs)

Nornbugger
16th November 2012, 20:02

make Sordo #1, then they get Sordo and Mikko on gravel and Loeb and Sordo on tar

Rallyper
16th November 2012, 20:04
make Sordo #1, then they get Sordo and Mikko on gravel and Loeb and Sordo on tar

Citroen already decided to have Mikko #1 for 2013 (at least he will drive all events) so Sordo and Loeb have to be #2´s behind Mikko.

Nornbugger
16th November 2012, 20:08
Citroen already decided to have Mikko #1 for 2013 (at least he will drive all events) so Sordo and Loeb have to be #2´s behind Mikko.

Mikko can be the team leader, this is to be expected, Sordo is to do all rounds too I thought? if he is then IMO Sordo as official #1 even though in reality Mikko is team leader will give the team more points

stefanvv
16th November 2012, 20:48

How this could be possible?

sollitt
16th November 2012, 20:56

I don't imagine that Loeb will be entering any event with any intention other than to win, and I'd be equally surprised if the team weren't 100% behind that.

Rallyper
16th November 2012, 22:17
How this could be possible?

Possible if they´ll do like they´ve done recent years with Loeb. If Loeb becomes tourist next year he would never be looked at as a #1 driver. Not even by Citroen, would he?

Will they not let Mikko be WDC next year after letting us know whom will be lead driver next year?

Mintexmemory
16th November 2012, 22:29
Possible if they´ll do like they´ve done recent years with Loeb. If Loeb becomes tourist next year he would never be looked at as a #1 driver. Not even by Citroen, would he?
Will they not let Mikko be WDC next year after letting us know whom will be lead driver next year?

Logically Per what you say should be true, however this is a French team with a 9 times WDC favoured son - they'll do whatever he wants and Mikko will have to put up with it! Until Loeb disappears forever there will be no true no 1 in that team, but if Citroen are not going to be around much longer it doesn't matter to them.

stefanvv
16th November 2012, 22:34

Well, I think Loeb has won his N1 place in Citroen for all times didn't he? And I suspect also next year he'll do it just for fun, which means he will also not agree to any team orders, Citroen still has work to do with him in WTCC, so I guess they'll just let him go whatever he is up to... and we all know what he is capable of :)

tfp
17th November 2012, 01:01
Has anyone heard rumours of talks between M-Sport and DMACK? Just saw I tweet suggesting DMACK are offering money to Malcolm. Seen on Colin McMasters twitter account, will try post a link soon.

https://twitter.com/colmcklein/status/269082629402411008

If this turns out to be true, I hope they make better tyres for M sport than those part worn remoulds they gave Ketomaa!

Kielder
17th November 2012, 11:04
Sordo, in the Spanish press:
"If I don't win rallies in 2013, I'll go home." I have to add that he has signed a single season.
"It's not decided yet the number of rallies that I will run. It's sure I'm going to run eleven, but the boss, Yves Matton, is working hard so we can do the thirteen of the Championship. And he is putting a lot of effort, so I have high hopes to do a full program".
It's still not sure when he'll start working with the DS3, "because there are some test which me and Del Barrio may not participate in. But in December at the latest we have to start testing for the Monte Carlo Rally".
Being asked if he would like trying to beat Loeb before his retirement, he said: "Yes, I want to fight against him in the rallies we both run and try to win one. Then, as the championship goes, perhaps he who has to slow down to help me and not vice versa, as has happened several times in the past."
"I insist, if I don't win next year, I won't run anymore." Strong commitment.

Donney
17th November 2012, 11:41
Wow that shows some balls and I like it!!!!

alleskids
17th November 2012, 12:39
so Sorso is not fully entrusting within Citroen Racing, as he is not allowed some test. a bit strange or not, if they devellop the car he wil drive in the 2013 WRC trying ot win rallies and championships for Citroen.

what could they be testing that Sordo is not allowed to know about?

Mirek
17th November 2012, 12:45
so Sorso is not fully entrusting within Citroen Racing, as he is not allowed some test. a bit strange or not, if they devellop the car he wil drive in the 2013 WRC trying ot win rallies and championships for Citroen.

what could they be testing that Sordo is not allowed to know about?

Are You sure the reason is not on Prodrive/Mini side?

gtimad73
17th November 2012, 12:54
Is'nt it more to do with being able to test cars back to back. Ford dont wont to let jml drive the polo for that reason i think. I guess PD dont want the same happening. Stop them driving for a few weeks/month and there old car will develop. so no back to back Comparison.

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 13:26
Someone said here in the forum Latvala is already testing with VW

pucky54
17th November 2012, 13:31
Someone said here in the forum Latvala is already testing with VW

Yes, he did!

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 13:35
So if Ford has nothing to hide and lose from side by side comparison (though I think Latvala can be loyal enough), why should Prodrive has. It is obvious Citroen is the faster car, weird...

Nelly
17th November 2012, 13:50
Is'nt it more to do with being able to test cars back to back. Ford dont wont to let jml drive the polo for that reason i think. I guess PD dont want the same happening. Stop them driving for a few weeks/month and there old car will develop. so no back to back Comparison.

I was told by Julian porter in Spain that VW did a back to back test with a mini and the polo was 1/ sec per km slower and they have had a few engine failures, but I suppose it's still early days

alleskids
17th November 2012, 14:19
Are You sure the reason is not on Prodrive/Mini side?

could be. although they were ful of good words and thanks for Sordo and understanding his choise for Citroen. but behind the scene politcs could keep Prodrive away from Citroen untill 1-1-2013

Mirek
17th November 2012, 14:35
could be. although they were ful of good words and thanks for Sordo and understanding his choise for Citroen. but behind the scene politcs could keep Prodrive away from Citroen untill 1-1-2013

I heard Prodrive wasn't happy at all about start of Sordo with Fiesta in Argentina or where it was. Maybe just some rubbish flying around or maybe the relations weren't so nice...

Rallyper
17th November 2012, 14:52
Sordo, in the Spanish press:
"If I don't win rallies in 2013, I'll go home." I have to add that he has signed a single season.
"It's not decided yet the number of rallies that I will run. It's sure I'm going to run eleven, but the boss, Yves Matton, is working hard so we can do the thirteen of the Championship. And he is putting a lot of effort, so I have high hopes to do a full program".
It's still not sure when he'll start working with the DS3, "because there are some test which me and Del Barrio may not participate in. But in December at the latest we have to start testing for the Monte Carlo Rally".
Being asked if he would like trying to beat Loeb before his retirement, he said: "Yes, I want to fight against him in the rallies we both run and try to win one. Then, as the championship goes, perhaps he who has to slow down to help me and not vice versa, as has happened several times in the past."
"I insist, if I don't win next year, I won't run anymore." Strong commitment.

As I said earlier. Loeb cannot rule teamorders in a team trying to win WDC and Manu championship if that makes them loose points. No way.

Kielder
17th November 2012, 15:08
To my mind, those next tests are the gravel ones that Loeb is not very happy to join. I don't think that Prodrive doesn't allow him to start working with Citroen. The circumstances were very different, but he was allowed to the one-off with Ford. Mini should be focused in clarifying a project, Citroen is in another world.
Sordo's first rally on gravel will be on March in Mexico, far away. For developing new parts of the car or whatever, Loeb's work is now more needed than Sordo's. Apart from that, the team needs to adjust the car (seats, pedals, wheel) for the Spanish couple, which takes time.

tommeke_B
17th November 2012, 15:18
From Petter Solberg his fanpage on facebook: "Hello everyone.. There seems to be a lot of talk about me retiring via pieces of quotes being compressed in to numerous articles around the web. I wish things moved more quickly, but they do not. Of course my full interest is to be in the WRC and the works seat at M-Sport, but these things take time. We're attempting to figure things out from both sides. IF for some reason nothing happens with this, then I do have other plans, and those plans will have me competing behind the wheel of a race car. Thank you for your concern, and I will keep you updated. I will never stop competing within Motorsports. That's a combination of my passion, and your support!"

OldF
17th November 2012, 16:04
I was told by Julian porter in Spain that VW did a back to back test with a mini and the polo was 1/ sec per km slower and they have had a few engine failures, but I suppose it's still early days

That’s hard to believe. It would mean in a rally with 350 km of SS a difference of 5 min 50 sec.

Nelly
17th November 2012, 16:25
That’s hard to believe. It would mean in a rally with 350 km of SS a difference of 5 min 50 sec.

I was thinking the same my self just saying what we were told, in that case they would be better off sticking with the fabia

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 16:25

Probably that would be in very early phase of development when VW didn't care about the speed that much, but to make strong and reliable car in first place :s pinhead:

Nelly
17th November 2012, 16:29
Probably that would be in very early phase of development when VW didn't care about the speed that much, but to make strong and reliable car in first place :s pinhead:

Why would they do a back to back test if they didn't care about speed?

adr17
17th November 2012, 16:38

working in wrc for many years the rumours you hear are always taken with pince of salt

however i have heard from quite a few good people now that ogier is not happy with the performance at this stage !

and he always talking about needing to test more and more

however they do have probably the two drivers that will make the difference

just because a team has big budgets doesnt always mean it gonna win straight out of the box !!!

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 16:39
Why would they do a back to back test if they didn't care about speed?

I can only guess - adjusting the clock anyway with current WRC indeed.

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 16:45
however i have heard from quite a few good people now that ogier is not happy with the performance at this stage !...
...just because a team has big budgets doesnt always mean it gonna win straight out of the box !!!

Ogier probably want exactly this - win at the debut and that's why not happy. However we can only speculate at this point. VW have still 2 months of develop & test until Monte...

Francis44
17th November 2012, 16:53
We'll see. A lot is said to try and deviate attention from the team ;) . Perhaps they want other teams not to take them into huge consideration from the beggining, but surprise is always an important factor.

OldF
17th November 2012, 17:06
I don’t know what kind of driver Ogier is as a test driver but at least he has a good reference point. Can Ogier give the feedback needed to the engineers and can the engineers convert the feedback to setups in a WRC car. They have a lot of experience in Dakar but that could still be a little bit different.

Some time ago Marcus Grönholm told in an interview with “Vauhdin Maailma” that Francois-Xavier Demaison had arranged a test for him with the Polo to have his opinion about the Polo but that didn’t happen due to Marcus accident in Los Angeles.

stefanvv
17th November 2012, 17:21
Probably Senor "El Matador" knows best these things.

Barreis
17th November 2012, 17:26
Sainz&Ogier good combination for VW. Also JML as a crash test driver. :D

Rallyper
17th November 2012, 17:28
VW suggested not being in the pace at this moment (which I´m sure many of us did believe they were) I think it´s important for Mr Wilson to put up the strongest line of drivers. That includes both Ostberg and Petter. That would really speed up the excitement for 2013!

wrc1600
17th November 2012, 18:21
Kubica confirmed his WRC future in interview today.

mousti
17th November 2012, 18:33
Something concrete would be interesting, ERC I hope. Don't think he would do WRC, he's a guy who's starting to win but in WRC he's realistic enough to know he won't do that there.

rallye-vid
17th November 2012, 18:58
Maybe not a win, but top 5 for sure

Tom206wrc
18th November 2012, 14:25
VW suggested not being in the pace at this moment (which I´m sure many of us did believe they were) I think it´s important for Mr Wilson to put up the strongest line of drivers. That includes both Ostberg and Petter. That would really speed up the excitement for 2013!

I'm sure PRODRIVE will do their possible to give a wheel to Mads Östberg :)

jbmarcus21
18th November 2012, 16:32
Let's goooo! New PLANETEMARCUS website is out, with new colors, new design, new challenge ! Please watch it, and have a nice visit PLANETEMARCUS (http://www.planetemarcus.com) !!!

spiderem
18th November 2012, 22:51
Let's goooo! New PLANETEMARCUS website is out, with new colors, new design, new challenge ! Please watch it, and have a nice visit PLANETEMARCUS (http://www.planetemarcus.com) !!!
awesome job! thanks!

steffforno
19th November 2012, 17:49
Kubica confirmed his WRC future in interview today.

What??? Where?

steffforno
19th November 2012, 17:50
Osberg said that from 2006 to today with family team Adapta (which has 20%) he spent 4mln €. Now he doesn't want to spend any more money!

http://m.db.no/2012/11/10/sport/rally/mads_ostberg/petter_solberg/rally-vm/24266597/?www=1

dimviii
19th November 2012, 17:55
“He was pretty amazing,” said Prodrive team principal Dave Wilcock. “And we would certainly like him to come back and drive for us again. It’s even more amazing to think that the only time he had in the car was 50 kilometres around our test track - hardly the ideal preparation. It would be good to give him a run of events in the car, let’s see what he could do after, perhaps, six rallies or something - making sure one of those would be his home event in Finland.”
World Rally Championship - News - Scrap metal man in demand for 2013 (http://www.wrc.com/news/scrap-metal-man-in-demand-for-2013/?fid=17966)

rallyfiend
19th November 2012, 18:10
“He was pretty amazing,” said Prodrive team principal Dave Wilcock. “And we would certainly like him to come back and drive for us again. It’s even more amazing to think that the only time he had in the car was 50 kilometres around our test track - hardly the ideal preparation. It would be good to give him a run of events in the car, let’s see what he could do after, perhaps, six rallies or something - making sure one of those would be his home event in Finland.”
World Rally Championship - News - Scrap metal man in demand for 2013 (http://www.wrc.com/news/scrap-metal-man-in-demand-for-2013/?fid=17966)

To be fair, I'm sure Prodrive would take anyone with a great wedge of cash in their pocket. If they thought there was some good coin in it, they'd say this about Nobre.

stefanvv
19th November 2012, 18:22
To be fair, I'm sure Prodrive would take anyone with a great wedge of cash in their pocket. If they thought there was some good coin in it, they'd say this about Nobre.

They would, but in this case they have a point ;)

vkangas
19th November 2012, 18:47
Good coin and Nikara can't exist in the same post :) . He does not even have any scrap metal left...

Anyways great that he has a possibility to drive next year. I hope they can put up a good programme and that he gets some proper opponents driving Mini for speed comparison now when Sordo is gone.

donlorean
19th November 2012, 19:08
To be honest, last year I think that Nikara is gone... He crash almost every time when he drove some where. Now it looks that he is done something different. NORF was great result with old EVO9. Also his battles against Esapekka Lappi in FRC that same car was excellent. Rally Spain went just as good that it can go. Stage times in gravel was great. Of course tarmac was difficult as usual for a Finnish driver but at least he stays on road and didn't crash like Weijs for example... Unfortunately economic situation is what it is and there is almost impossible to found a seat with out a hell of a bag of money. Of course it same for every young gun except Norveigans;-)

RAS007
19th November 2012, 19:09
Good coin and Nikara can't exist in the same post :) . He does not even have any scrap metal left...

Anyways great that he has a possibility to drive next year. I hope they can put up a good programme and that he gets some proper opponents driving Mini for speed comparison now when Sordo is gone.

So if Nikara has no cash, then what is the difference between Nikara and Meeke?

Prodrive would not even be entertaining Nikara unless he has pots of cash, or they have found a sponsor.

dimviii
19th November 2012, 20:00
So if Nikara has no cash, then what is the difference between Nikara and Meeke?

Prodrive would not even be entertaining Nikara unless he has pots of cash, or they have found a sponsor.

Sordo was payed from prodrive(even with cut at 2012),if they want to keep alive mini project they have to pay Nikaras drive.

OldF
19th November 2012, 20:55

Maybe wrc.com is reading this forum to find news & stories. :)

PLuto
20th November 2012, 02:21
Sordo was payed from prodrive(even with cut at 2012),if they want to keep alive mini project they have to pay Nikaras drive.

Sordo was paid from BMW...

sollitt
20th November 2012, 03:18
if they want to keep alive mini project they have to pay Nikaras drive.Or find someone else.

General Prim
20th November 2012, 10:13

Sordo was paid by Prodrive, if not he would not had accepted a 70% cut in his income

rallyfiend
20th November 2012, 10:34

nothing was paid by BMW.

I think you'll find that was the flaw in DR's plan....

Mirek
20th November 2012, 12:23
AFAIK BMW paid the initial development and the engine development. Not nothing.

Francis44
20th November 2012, 13:19
Does anyone know about any updates on the Lotus project? Bernardo Sousa only ran 1 rally this year and nothing more. Strange.

dimviii
20th November 2012, 13:20
Sordo was paid by Prodrive, if not he would not had accepted a 70% cut in his income
logic.

Mirek
20th November 2012, 13:39
Juho Hänninen to continue with Tomi Tuominen. He has an offer from Škoda but with their yet uncertain program he is still hesitating.

Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14627)

Googlish: PYeklada Google (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autosport.cz%2Fclanek.php%3Fcl% 3D14627&act=url)
("I received an offer from damage" is priceless :D )

PLuto
20th November 2012, 14:20
Does anyone know about any updates on the Lotus project? Bernardo Sousa only ran 1 rally this year and nothing more. Strange.

Project is over...

Josti
20th November 2012, 14:50
Project is over...

That's quite embarrassing.

rallyfiend
20th November 2012, 14:53

Not quite as embarrassing as the mess surrounding the entire company....

OldF
20th November 2012, 15:43
Juho Hänninen to continue with Tomi Tuominen. He has an offer from Škoda but with their yet uncertain program he is still hesitating.

Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14627)

Googlish: PYeklada Google (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autosport.cz%2Fclanek.php%3Fcl% 3D14627&act=url)
("I received an offer from damage" is priceless :D )

Should we open a thread in chit chat forum about funny google translations. :)

Strange there’s nothing on MTV3’s web page although Tomi is their “rally expert”. :D

In last ”Vauhdin maailma” Juho told that he has a two-year offer from Skoda but he’s still trying to get a WRC deal for next year.

“If I stay with Skoda for two years everyone understand that after that I don’t get into WRC.”

serial jeff
20th November 2012, 19:43

R-GT seemed like a totally unsuitable spec for the Exige anyways. A minimum weight 1200kg, when the road-going car is 930. Makes the competition version worse than the stock Exige S.

Mirek
20th November 2012, 19:52
That was previous generation Exige with 1.8 VVTL-i engine. Recent one with 3.5 supercharged engine has empty weight 1170 kg in stock variant.

serial jeff
20th November 2012, 20:09
Ah, thanks, I didn't know that... though I've looked up the 2012 Exige S, and it seems to have 345hp, which is restricted to 302hp in the R-GT.
So it's still a downgrade from the stock car, albeit by reduced power instead of higher weight.

dimviii
20th November 2012, 20:41
Who will be (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Bestofrallylive/News/Who-will-be-number-1-in-2013)

A.F.F.
20th November 2012, 20:47
Maybe wrc.com is reading this forum to find news & stories. :)

Aren't they always?

RS
20th November 2012, 20:53
Should we open a thread in chit chat forum about funny google translations. :)

Strange there’s nothing on MTV3’s web page although Tomi is their “rally expert”. :D

In last ”Vauhdin maailma” Juho told that he has a two-year offer from Skoda but he’s still trying to get a WRC deal for next year.

“If I stay with Skoda for two years everyone understand that after that I don’t get into WRC.”

Continue with Skoda with option to drive Polo in WRC if he can find the money sounds like a nice solution. I would hate to see him end up in some ****ty customer car and fade into oblivion.

OldF
20th November 2012, 21:23
Would be a good solution for him, as the ERC events shouldn’t clash with the WRC events.
It necessary haven’t to be a VW WRC but any if he can find the budget.

Mirek
20th November 2012, 21:29
I don't think that a contract with Škoda works would allow him to drive no-VAG car...

OldF
20th November 2012, 23:12
That’s most probably true but dreaming is always allowed, isn't it? :)

Kielder
21st November 2012, 00:57
Sordo wrote this in his Facebook:
"Today was a special day for me, after two years I got into the Citroen Citroen DS3 WRC on the test track of Citroen Racing.
Incredible sensations... The car is really very good, and we have adapted to it in 1 km (I think it still remembered my hehe). We felt great with the people of the team, as always.
I feel fortunate to have been able to test in the same year the Mini, the Ford and the Citroen! I want to thank Prodrive for giving me the facilities to drive the Citroen ASAP. A hug to everyone".
Everybody lies or hides information before testing. :batman:

rallye-vid
21st November 2012, 16:52
Opel is back in the rally world: Opel kehrt in den Rallyesport zurück*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/index.php?id=342&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=55111)

Planed are: Opel Adam Cup, Opel Adam R2, Opel Corsa R3 & R5

dimviii
21st November 2012, 20:26
Ralliart Italy, which ran the Mitsubishi Lancers used for the Pirelli Star Driver programme in 2009 and 2010, will prepare and maintain latest-specification Lancer Evolution Xs for a fee of 250,000 Euros for the six-event season and provide a number of supporting services.

World Rally Championship - News - Guerra wannabes targeted for new category (http://www.wrc.com/news/guerra-wannabes-targeted-for-new-category/?fid=17977)

A FONDO
22nd November 2012, 13:57
Some changes of the rules confirmed yesterday from FIA:

-M2 teams must compete at least 7 events, but now only 1 of them must be outside Europe
-all 4wd cars are together in "WRC2". there are not pre-selected events by FIA like before. competitors can freely choose 7 events that fit them best, and the best 6 results among them will count for the season overalls. There will also be team standings /no more info about that?
-all 2wd cars are in "WRC3", they freely choose 6 events and 5 of them count.

Donney
22nd November 2012, 17:18
It seems they're trying to simplify regs. I like that!

PLuto
22nd November 2012, 17:20
Something is good, something is bad. I dont like situation, where main rivals dont need to meet personally during the season...

rallyfiend
22nd November 2012, 17:27
Something is good, something is bad. I dont like situation, where main rivals dont need to meet personally during the season...

Agree. It means there's no 'build up' to the end of the season.

PLuto
22nd November 2012, 17:41
For example in WRC 2 somebody can run last 7 events and take easy points, because all his main rivals will "loose" chances during fights in first half...

jbmarcus21
22nd November 2012, 17:46
Subaru returns ? http://planetemarcus.com/subaru-de-retour-en-wrc-ou-wtcc/

mousti
22nd November 2012, 18:27
Paddon tested today a WRC car, not saying which one so it could be development for Hyundai or just a existing WRC for next year plans..

wrc1600
22nd November 2012, 21:56
Mads is number one in M-Sport WRT!

skarderud
22nd November 2012, 21:58
What? Then Petter is out?
but good for Mads!!!

Francis44
22nd November 2012, 21:58

Nice, things are starting to shape up.

22nd November 2012, 21:59
Good news for Mads and M-Sport :)

stefanvv
22nd November 2012, 21:59

Great, and somehow expected...

stefanvv
22nd November 2012, 22:06
2013 Season is becoming less and more less silly :D

wrc1600
22nd November 2012, 22:26
Nr 2 still unknown, will be Malcom's decision apparently.

sollitt
22nd November 2012, 22:33
Nr 2 still unknown, will be Malcom's decision apparently.Paddon?

Xsara Fan
22nd November 2012, 22:35
Paddon?

LOL

Sorry, but it`s a funniest thing I ever read! :)

skarderud
22nd November 2012, 22:36
Hardly paddon, i fear tanak. But hopefully Petter or novikov?

sollitt
22nd November 2012, 22:36
Really? As I've said before, at lot of you have blinkers on. Paddon has the rare ability to win at will. It's long past time that teams looked outside the box for results, particularly when they've been in short supply. Put Paddon in a WRC car and he'll be winning events.

skarderud
22nd November 2012, 22:50
Paddon has big potensial! But no experience in a wrc. But i'd love to see him in one, but too much too start with as nr2?

Xsara Fan
22nd November 2012, 23:02
Really? As I've said before, at lot of you have blinkers on. Paddon has the rare ability to win at will. It's long past time that teams looked outside the box for results, particularly when they've been in short supply. Put Paddon in a WRC car and he'll be winning events.

Paddon is out of game when M-Sport has guys like Solberg, Novikov and Tanak.

Sulland
22nd November 2012, 23:13
How reliable is the source for the M-Sport/ Østberg rumours?
rallynoticias.es as far as I know.

Mirek
22nd November 2012, 23:17
Paddon is out of game when M-Sport has guys like Solberg, Novikov and Tanak.

I don't want to sound too negative but in my opinion Paddon has not yet proved himself ready for works car.

tfp
22nd November 2012, 23:20
I don't want to sound too negative but in my opinion Paddon has not yet proved himself ready for works car.

Agree....But it would be interesting to see him in a WRC car, maybe he would surprise us?

Kielder
22nd November 2012, 23:34
The source of Ostberg as nº1 are Nasser's words during the announcement of the official route for the 2013 Dakar Rally. The Qatari has added that Malcolm didn't chose the other driver yet. It's almost sure that he won't be Petter. Besides, Nasser is going to run seven rallies, starting in Sweden.

pettersolberg29
22nd November 2012, 23:42
If Malcolm chooses anyone over Petter based on ability as opposed to money then he's a fool! There is no free driver availible who can even come close to matching his speed - Hanninen and Meeke are the only remotely viable options with sufficient experience. Not to mention the fans and interest Petter brings to WRC.

Be sad to see the end of Petter :(

Xsara Fan
22nd November 2012, 23:48
If Malcolm chooses anyone over Petter based on ability as opposed to money then he's a fool! There is no free driver availible who can even come close to matching his speed - Hanninen and Meeke are the only remotely viable options with sufficient experience. Not to mention the fans and interest Petter brings to WRC.

Be sad to see the end of Petter :(

Sorry but this year shows that Petter`2012 is not Petter`2003. He made too much mistakes for works driver...

RAS007
22nd November 2012, 23:59
Paddon?

Yawn.

bassist
23rd November 2012, 00:09
I am and have been one of Petters biggest fans over his years in WRC, but this year was just the last straw. I saw him in Builth Wells during Shakedown for 2011 WRGB, and he was in a great mood heading into the Ford hospitality unit. I thought at the time that this looked like positive news, and indeed he was given his best opportunity to recapture a World Rally Crown. He threw it away, trying to keep up with Loebs pace, and confirmed to me that he was always on the ragged edge. Great shame because Petter has brought so much to the sport . not just his driving, and there are very few `Characters` in the sport left.As far as Ford/M Sport are concerened if its true that Mads is in (and he deserves it) . then Malcom could do no worse that give the other seat to P G Andersson. Anyway, `Thanks for the memories Petter`

pettersolberg29
23rd November 2012, 00:40
Sorry but this year shows that Petter`2012 is not Petter`2003. He made too much mistakes for works driver...

I do partially agree, but what I still don't understand (even without my bias!) is who is available and better? Tanak and Novikov are improving but a team of Ostberg and Tanak/Novikov would struggle to get podiums, let alone wins. I'd guess that if that were the team M-Sport would win less than 30 stages next year, and not win one event. Petter has the speed to still win which very few drivers have. Yes he bins it more often than not, but if the Polo isn't quite up to speed at the start of the season Petter could easily challenge Sordo and Mikko while I doubt Ostberg could even get close - Novikov and Tanak are even further away. Just seems an odd move - fair enough promote Ostberg due to his consistency and good 2012 season, but to lose the only available guy who has world class pace is a bit odd.

Kielder
23rd November 2012, 00:45

I don't know when Petter realized that he would never win again, but in Greece this year he couldn't hide it. Those images of a desperate man sitting in the car and his words after the crash were touching.

BDA Cosworth
23rd November 2012, 01:00
Yawn.

I think this comment probably indicates your lack of intelligence on this matter. Or your lack of respect for someone talented.

Sure I don't expect Paddon to get a team drive until he prooves himself in a WRC car. HOWEVER.......
He has proven that he was quicker then PG and your mate Breen this season. Breen has far more experiance on tarmac and yet he was cained by Paddon. Paddon can be just as quick as Tanick if he wants to, and he's a heck of a lot less prone to error.

And just for the record I'm not scoulding you, I'm just pointing out facts.

Petter still has the pace to win, he just made a really bad job of it this year with silly mistakes which you can't afford to do. Remember a certain Mr Latvala a few years back? He came around didn't he?

RAS007
23rd November 2012, 01:27
I think this comment probably indicates your lack of intelligence on this matter. Or your lack of respect for someone talented.

Interesting second post, but wrong on both counts.

Coach 2
23rd November 2012, 01:28
Nobody has signed, yet.
Rumors say that both Mads and Peter has been offered a deal.
The discussion is about how much or how little money it takes.
One will sign today (rumors).
But there are some who make agreements difficult, as they have a lot of money.

BDA Cosworth
23rd November 2012, 02:44
Interesting second post, but wrong on both counts.

Care to elaborate? You can't just tell someone they are wrong and then not prove why. It's an open forum so give it a shot.

Mikkaki
23rd November 2012, 08:49

Sure I don't expect Paddon to get a team drive until he prooves himself in a WRC car. HOWEVER.......
He has proven that he was quicker then PG and your mate Breen this season. Breen has far more experiance on tarmac and yet he was cained by Paddon. Paddon can be just as quick as Tanick if he wants to, and he's a heck of a lot less prone to error.

And just for the record I'm not scoulding you, I'm just pointing out facts.

Petter still has the pace to win, he just made a really bad job of it this year with silly mistakes which you can't afford to do. Remember a certain Mr Latvala a few years back? He came around didn't he?

Faster then PG when he drives a Proton*

Marcco
23rd November 2012, 10:45
You missed the point. Paddon has winner mentality. Some people just have that mentality and they are good at anything they do. In my opinion Loeb and Ogier has same mentality, and look at their career path - they were early winners.

BDA Cosworth
23rd November 2012, 10:55
Faster then PG when he drives a Proton*

That is also quite true. PG does have vast experience which kind of evens things up in my opinion as he has driven WRC, S2000, Jnr 1600 cars etc. There's no doubting he's quick in the right car.

Mirek
23rd November 2012, 11:33
You missed the point. Paddon has winner mentality. Some people just have that mentality and they are good at anything they do. In my opinion Loeb and Ogier has same mentality, and look at their career path - they were early winners.

No, I don't miss the point. Such attitude is not enough. First he must start to defeat real opponents and contenders for works seat such as Andreas Mikkelsen. I don't say he can't get better than them, sure he can but yet he has to prove that.

rp
23rd November 2012, 11:37
Paddon has winner mentality.

Every young driver who is aiming to the top and has achieved already something has some kind of winner mentality. And it will not help if you are not fast enough.

There is not yet enough signs that Paddon is able to beat the best drivers. Time will tell more...

A FONDO
23rd November 2012, 11:49
Every young driver who is aiming to the top and has achieved already something has some kind of winner mentality. And it will not help if you are not fast enough.

There is not yet enough signs that Paddon is able to beat the best drivers. Time will tell more...

Okay then, with another words: he can control the pace very well, something lots of young drivers cant realize

rp
23rd November 2012, 11:59
Okay then, with another words: he can control the pace very well, something lots of young drivers cant realize

Maybe, but he is not perfect at all. In France he had a accident on the last day when leading the SWRC almost 2 mins and also in Spain retired due to the accident on the SS3..

rage82
23rd November 2012, 12:01
From Planete Marcus twitter: "Today rumours speak Neuville will be in M-Sport Qatar Wrt with Ostberg & Al-Attiyah..."
Sounds interesting, doesn't he have some sort of contract with PSA?

Francis44
23rd November 2012, 12:02

Yeah. And what was Paddon won so far? A production cup in which we had by far the best prepared car and team. In the years before we took a beating from Armindo and he has not proved anything so far. I hope Paddon is in fact a future star but he is far away from being compared with Ogier.

From Planete Marcus twitter: "Today rumours speak Neuville will be in M-Sport Qatar Wrt with Ostberg & Al-Attiyah..."

Very interesting. Citroen may be struggling to have budget to run Neuville since they will run 3 official cars for atleast 5 rally's. Let's hope Neuville gets a seat.

MartijnS
23rd November 2012, 12:19
Apparently Citroen only has budget for Neuville for a maximum of 9 rallies.

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 12:26

I don`t think that M-Sport will work with driver without budget.

Francis44
23rd November 2012, 12:29

From what I understood from the talk of Nasser, the sponsorship from Qatar covers most of the budget Ford gave M-sport as an official team.

So in the end it's more or less like last year. I think they can afford 2 "official" drivers.

steffforno
23rd November 2012, 12:52
Interesting from JB @planetemarcus "Today rumours has Neuville at M-Sport Qatar WRT with Ostberg & Al-Attiyah” Silly Season

steffforno
23rd November 2012, 12:53

It's a big News.. Big team with big fast drivers just One is a little bit dangerous !!

darkstar
23rd November 2012, 12:55
about the neuville rumour:

Al-Attiyah will Neuville zu Ford holen*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/23/al-attiyah-will-neuville-zu-ford-holen/index.html)

Google Übersetzer (http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2012%2F11%2F23%2Fal-attiyah-will-neuville-zu-ford-holen%2Findex.html)

al attiyah wants neuville, they are kind of friends and they might offer him a whole season. all is payed from qatar then of course. might be a good choice for neuville or also a bad. but i think he will stick with citroen(or at least psa), cause they always believed in him and he would be nowhere without them. also he might have a bright future there, depending on what hirvonen and sordo will do next year and what neuville himselve is capable of. on the other hand that could be the wrong decision, if hirvonen and sordo will be good there´s not really a need for neuville for the next years. while ford defenetly lacks of top drivers at the moment. neuville to me is one of the best young guns, together with tänak. think they both will be (or could be)future champions.

makinen_fan
23rd November 2012, 13:06
Colin Clark's response to the rumours about Thierry (from Twitter):

Heard from Thierry "still talking with Citroen and we have plans together" Sounds like he's being a clever boy and keeping all options open!

rage82
23rd November 2012, 13:11
Maybe Thierry can bring some budget to M-sport who know's?

wrc1600
23rd November 2012, 13:54
How reliable is the source for the M-Sport/ Østberg rumours?
rallynoticias.es as far as I know.

There was Quatar Redbull WRT presentation in Paris yesterday apparently and Nasser told the press Mads will be leading driver, he does 7 rallies (first Sweden) and Malcom decides second driver seat. How reliable sources are I don't know but I got it from few.

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 14:10
If Thierry betray Citroen and go to Ford, it would be suicide for him. French team will not forgive him.

dimviii
23rd November 2012, 14:34
If Thierry betray Citroen and go to Ford, it would be suicide for him. French team will not forgive him.

What about Evgeny? my pm box is empty :D

tolis
23rd November 2012, 14:39
I was also going to ask the same Dim! :)

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 14:42

He will take part in WRC :)

dimviii
23rd November 2012, 14:49
He will take part in WRC :) thanks very much!!Is is confidential?

MikeDeHigh
23rd November 2012, 14:58
He will take part in WRC :)
Gret News! Together with ilka as co-driver?

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 15:00
It was not a secret that in 2013 Evgeny will start in WRC. From the beginning of 2012 he said that next year he will take part in World Rally Championship. But with what team and how many events - still a secret.

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 15:02
Gret News! Together with ilka as co-driver?

Yes with Ilka. Denis is still recovering.

Rallyper
23rd November 2012, 16:24
Let´s hope things will settle now. Mads # 1st driver at Ford WRT is inside the box. (One more right for my prediction a couple of weeks ago :) )

Let´s just hope MW doesn´t throw away Petter, because as some of you guys says above he´s one of not too many who has the speed. He just needs a shrink to rubber out Loeb in his memory - and tada! we´ll have a brand new Petter winning wrc-round again!

I´d like to see PG as well in M-sport beside Tanak and Novikov would be a strong combination.

dimviii
23rd November 2012, 16:28
. He just needs a shrink to rubber out Loeb in his memory - and tada! we´ll have a brand new Petter winning wrc-round again!

the problem is that Loeb will be at 2013 again for 5 rallies. :p

Coach 2
23rd November 2012, 16:29
http://biser3a.com/international-rallie … er-lineup/

Mirek
23rd November 2012, 16:36
the problem is that Loeb will be at 2013 again for 5 rallies. :p

Petter makes same mistakes when Loeb is already out so I don't expect any change...

Mise
23rd November 2012, 16:41
How does one know that Petter has the speed to win, when he hasn't won in 7 years.
Really guys, seven years without a win. How is that speed to be seen?

The purpose of this isn't annoy Petter fans, but I'm truly having a hard time seeing that winning pace.

pettersolberg29
23rd November 2012, 16:56
How does one know that Petter has the speed to win, when he hasn't won in 7 years.
Really guys, seven years without a win. How is that speed to be seen?

The purpose of this isn't annoy Petter fans, but I'm truly having a hard time seeing that winning pace.

I see your point, and in my view it's the pace to be the best on any given stage. He won an awful lot of stages last year bearing in mind how bad a season it was for him, and if he can combine that pace with consistency then he has the ability to win. He's not as fast as Loeb, but last year he beat Mikko and JML in straight fights, and has beaten Sordo in the past too when Dani was in good machinery. Therefore with Loeb out the picture and if he can get his head in gear he should be podium-ing on most events and should be capable of winning a round or two as well, especially in Greece/GB/Mexico where he's always fast. Yes the lack of win for 7 years is worrying, but Dani hasn't won ever and most would say he has the pace to win events.

Sulland
23rd November 2012, 17:10
Petter is in my opinion number 3 in pure speed overall of next years drivers, after Latvala and Ogier right now.
But if he gets a moral boost from a win, we will see the good old Petter back, and then he will be able to fight the other two for the title again

7 years without a victory does something to your head, that is natural for anyone. But he qualifies by a mile as the best option left on the market!

Østberg still need one more year to be a title contender, he is still driving with a bit too much safety, but he will get there.

pettersolberg29
23rd November 2012, 17:26
Petter is in my opinion number 3 in pure speed overall of next years drivers, after Latvala and Ogier right now.
But if he gets a moral boost from a win, we will see the good old Petter back, and then he will be able to fight the other two for the title again

7 years without a victory does something to your head, that is natural for anyone. But he qualifies by a mile as the best option left on the market!

Østberg still need one more year to be a title contender, he is still driving with a bit too much safety, but he will get there.

Agree almost entirely! Maybe there is some sub-conscious bias towards Petter from me but I just still see him as one of the fastest guys in the world still. Just needs to get his head in gear.

rallyfun
23rd November 2012, 17:28
BTW Kubica rules in Rallye du Var, 1.25 m advantage after 4 SS from second Loix.

Mirek
23rd November 2012, 17:45
Don't forget there's 5 years age difference between their cars...

rallye-vid
23rd November 2012, 17:48
That's the question.. It is really only the car..?

Mirek
23rd November 2012, 18:29
I have never said that.

muratgunarslan
23rd November 2012, 19:51
I believe that, Solberg can still win a WRC rally. This year, he was so unlucky. He is still ambitious as a new driver who wants to prove himself. He is the biggest candidate of 2nd seat of road. But on the other hand; Meeke and Hanninen is idle.

kirungi okwogera
23rd November 2012, 19:56
Maybe, but he is not perfect at all. In France he had a accident on the last day when leading the SWRC almost 2 mins and also in Spain retired due to the accident on the SS3..

True - but that came at the end of something like 3 years with no driver errors. He's definitely the most consistent young driver I've seen in a long time (that is, consistent while still being fast). Won 60% of stages he ran this year. If I were his management next year I'd be either trying to dominate SWRC or get some WRC private drives to show what he can do at top-level. But yeah he is not ready for a manufacturer seat - yet. Unless it's in a junior team like Neuville and Ogier were given.

Too bad he's from NZ and not, I don't know, Western Europe, and doesn't speak French. Maybe Hyundai would be interested in time... I get the feeling that Paddon and Breen both may find this stage of their careers more of a financial/sponsorship challenge than a test of driving abilities.

bennizw
23rd November 2012, 20:35
Norwegian sources say Petter Solberg will be launching a campaign for next years WRC with Citroën Norway early next week.

ToughMac
23rd November 2012, 21:00
So what is happening with Prodrive for next year, with all the talk over Ostberg and Solberg along with M-Sport that leaves one if not potentially two seats available with the mini.

MJW
23rd November 2012, 21:10
So what is happening with Prodrive for next year, with all the talk over Ostberg and Solberg along with M-Sport that leaves one if not potentially two seats available with the mini.
Whoever brings the money, Sandell, Atko etc.

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 21:24

OK. But in 2012 Mads was 4 overall, Petter was 5 overall.

Mads vs Petter:

11 starts / 13 starts
1 win / 0 win
3 podiums / 5 podiums
0 DNF / 1 DNF
149 points / 124 points

Petter is better? But the results indicate the opposite...

Barreis
23rd November 2012, 21:29
Ostberg won on Hirvonen's disqualification, nothing more to say. Solberg had to push more as factory driver should, so went off few more times.

MJW
23rd November 2012, 21:34
OK. But in 2012 Mads was 4 overall, Petter was 5 overall.

Mads vs Petter:

11 starts / 13 starts
1 win / 0 win
3 podiums / 5 podiums
0 DNF / 1 DNF
149 points / 124 points

Petter is better? But the results indicate the opposite... check yhe ratio of stage wins over the last few years. Petter has made stupid midtskes this year, my assesment is because he was over driving.

EightGear
23rd November 2012, 21:46
I am reading Kubica will be in a private DS3 next year.... Don't know how reliable it is though.

kober
23rd November 2012, 21:57
check yhe ratio of stage wins over the last few years. Petter has made stupid midtskes this year, my assesment is because he was over driving.

WRC Stage Wins: Solberg (rally starts) vs Ostberg (rally starts)
2012: 42 (13) vs 10 (11)
2011: 30 (13) vs 3 (12)
2010: 51 (13) vs 0 (6)
2009: 12 (10) vs 1 (7)

That's 135 vs 14 WRC stages won over the last four years. Solberg started in 49 rallies, Ostberg in 36.

pettersolberg29
23rd November 2012, 21:58
I am reading Kubica will be in a private DS3 next year.... Don't know how reliable it is though.

Not sure where you heard that from but I got a little bit of gossip very similar to this today too. Not sure if its just hearsay based on his impressive performance at Rallye du Var today though.

pettersolberg29
23rd November 2012, 22:01

That's 135 vs 14 WRC stages won over the last four years. Solberg started in 49 rallies, Ostberg in 36.

I think a big stat there is that Petter won more stages in less rallies in the privateer, well out of date Xsara in 2009 than Ostberg did in a good quality and reliable Fiesta this season. Ostberg simply does not have rally winning pace except in Sweden. And don't bring up the win this season because that was luck and no more, and completely unrelated to pace anyway!

A FONDO
23rd November 2012, 22:02

How many have they become :D

1. Hirvonen - confirmed - 13
2. Sordo - confirmed - 8+?
3. Al - confirmed - 7?
4. Neuville - not confirmed yet - 9
5. Loeb - 5-?
6. Solberg - rumour - 7-13?
7. Kubica - rumour - xx?
8. Stein - probably -x?

kober
23rd November 2012, 22:04
I am reading Kubica will be in a private DS3 next year.... Don't know how reliable it is though.DS3 WRC in the WRC or RRC in the ERC? :) How many rallies? Asphalt only?

EightGear
23rd November 2012, 22:08
DS3 WRC in the WRC or RRC in the ERC? :) How many rallies? Asphalt only?

WRC.

To be honest I won't be surprised to see him in Monte Carlo. He has done that one before.

kober
23rd November 2012, 22:13
To be honest I won't be surprised to see him in Monte Carlo. He has done that one before.Not that he drove a lot of km in the rally ;) But, I must admit that I'd love to see him on MC's entry list.

wrc1600
23rd November 2012, 22:38

3. Al - confirmed - 7?
5. Loeb - 5-?
7. Kubica - rumour - xx?
8. Stein - probably -x?

You forgot about:
Ogier -13
Lavala-13
Mikkelsen
Khalid
Novikov

A FONDO
23rd November 2012, 22:47
no, citroen only

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2012, 22:52
Ostberg won on Hirvonen's disqualification, nothing more to say. Solberg had to push more as factory driver should, so went off few more times.

1. Solberg had an opportunity to win 'on Hirvonen's disqualification'. But he 'pettered' (new word!) it as always...
2. Come on, you seriously think that 'Solberg had to push more as factory driver should'? Private drivers had to push more cause their cars are downgraded.

A FONDO
23rd November 2012, 23:00
But he 'pettered' (new word!) it as always...

axaxaxaxaxax post of the month :D

Kielder
24th November 2012, 01:14
I've read that Lappi isn't in Rallye Madrid due to "diary pressures" :confused: . A trade-off solution?

Rallyper
24th November 2012, 07:49
Petter makes same mistakes when Loeb is already out so I don't expect any change...

That´s why he needs a shrink in the first place. Driving style is another. He needs to keep the car more balanced before entering corners.

Mise
24th November 2012, 09:22

Rally wins: Mads 1 - Petter 0

An old saying goes: Lie => huge lie => statistics :)

Barreis
24th November 2012, 10:15
1. Solberg had an opportunity to win 'on Hirvonen's disqualification'. But he 'pettered' (new word!) it as always...
2. Come on, you seriously think that 'Solberg had to push more as factory driver should'? Private drivers had to push more cause their cars are downgraded.

Yeah, Petter pettered his cars and your guy Novikov novikoved Denis G. :P

Maui J.
24th November 2012, 10:16

3. Al - confirmed - 7?
5. Loeb - 5-?
7. Kubica - rumour - xx?
8. Stein - probably -x?

Stein? Who? Did I miss something?

Xsara Fan
24th November 2012, 10:58
Yeah, Petter pettered his cars and your guy Novikov novikoved Denis G. :P

I was joking but you was rude and disrespectful. Shame on you.

Barreis
24th November 2012, 10:59
Don't like jokes on champ's account. Peace.

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2012, 02:31
Kubica to drive MINI WRC in Monte Carlo

And for everyone who didn't know, Paddon spoke about testing a WRC car last week. It was a MINI ;)

pettersolberg29
25th November 2012, 02:48
Both bits of news very exciting, thanks GG! Be interesting to see Kubica's pace in a car which we know can compete with at least the likes of Ostberg and Neuville. If he gets near them then perhaps Bobby K has a new career path!

As for Paddon, I still think it's too early for a WRC car but would still be excited to see it happen.

Mirek
25th November 2012, 11:02

Source?

AP-Racing
25th November 2012, 11:30

And for everyone who didn't know, Paddon spoke about testing a WRC car last week. It was a MINI ;)

Matt - any sources about Robert?

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2012, 11:58
Team member of MINI/Prodrive

EightGear
25th November 2012, 12:01
Team member of MINI/Prodrive

You mean the mechanic on twitter that said Kubica would not be in a DS3? That's hardly a confirmation that he will be in a Mini.

Negaiss
25th November 2012, 13:08
Rally Du var 2012 Speculations
SS1 2012 and SS7 2011 are similar. 2011 JML (Fiesta WRC) 5:12.6, 2012 Kub (C4 WRC) 5:09.3
2011 SS2 and 2012 SS7 similar too. 2011 JML (Fiesta WRC)10:32.3, 2012 KUB (C4 WRC) 10.26.9
This comes from Iwan evans Twitter

Mirek
25th November 2012, 14:20
Difficult to compare. JML had WRC control tyres (slower), they had very different cars and the conditions weren't absolutely same either. Maybe You remember pictures of completely destroyed control tyres on JML and Ott's car from last year.

EightGear
25th November 2012, 14:28
Petter Solberg willing to drive for free to stay in WRC - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104566)

bassist
25th November 2012, 14:32
Petter Solberg willing to drive for free to stay in WRC - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104566)

Good god - he sounds desperate. Still love to see him in 2013!

rallyfiend
25th November 2012, 15:22

He'd probably want to after the number of mistakes he made in 2012.

Is he worth money any more (PR value aside...)?

Tom206wrc
25th November 2012, 15:47

I hope so !!! Please not in a Mini Kubica !!! :mark:

Tom206wrc
25th November 2012, 15:50
Norwegian sources say Petter Solberg will be launching a campaign for next years WRC with Citroën Norway early next week.

I'd be happy :D
In the same time another rumour read on Autoklub(polish site) Thierry Neuville would join M-Sport partnering with Qatar/Al Attiyah :confused:

rallyfiend
25th November 2012, 16:09
There's a lot of rumours of people driving Citroen. Clearly they need the customers to underwrite the budget a lot more than they have in the past.

There could be more Citroen's than Ford's for a change!

wrc1600
25th November 2012, 16:17
As I wrote before Robert Kubica confirmed WRC entry next season in TV interview,no details though as for car or rallies (speculation about Citroen, Ford and now Mini). Matton was very impressed with Kubica drive in C4 despite late accident in Rallye du Var (co-driver error apparently).

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2012, 16:26
What are rumors for :D

Rallyper
25th November 2012, 16:31
He'd probably want to after the number of mistakes he made in 2012.

Is he worth money any more (PR value aside...)?

For sure that´s a bargain for Malcolm!!

sollitt
25th November 2012, 17:03
Yeah. And what was Paddon won so far? . Actually, everything. Apart from this year's SWRC, but glitches do happen .. event to the very best.
Many of you think of Paddon as young & inexperienced. At 25 he's no longer young. With 10 years of very competitive competition he is not inexperienced.
As a junior he was winning in his 2WD from the outset. He's won his domestic national series twice (no lightweight competition). Won the regional Pirelli Shootout. Had the 2010 PSD been a competition he would have won it. He won the 2011 PWRC unbeaten and each event by unprecedented margins. He has been the man to beat in this years SWRC and has won about 80% of the stages he's contested.
His speed is equal to Tanak without the accidents, he has matched both Mikkelson and Ogier at times this year in machinery that is not equal and with far lesser resources.

At the end of the day you can only compete against whoever else comes out to play but to dismiss them all as lightweight is arrogant and disingenuous ... and actually factually incorrect.
As Marco stated, there is a clear 'winning mentality', what I call ' the ability to win at will'. The only other person in the WRC with that ability is Loeb.

Mirek
25th November 2012, 17:28
Not that I would want to downgrade Paddon but please be objective. If You use numbers to support your stance use correct numbers. Fact is that so far he has won only PWRC which has a little meaning in terms of potential works drive. The rest has even lesser impact on WRC career, believe me. He must continue to prove himself. I strongly believe he can show he's as good as Mikkelsen, Tänak etc. but yet he defeated neither one of them.

I would also be careful with saying that he had much worse car than VW. VW boys were testing, using different setups, different dampers, geometry etc. even in one rally. Their main goal was to develop Sachs dampers and so was the tactics during events. I'm in fact far from believing they are already better than Reiger. Baumschlager's Fabia is probably the best You can get aside works cars and don't forget that Baumschlager and his team know the car as good as very little others. Baumschlager was involved in Fabia development from the very beginning and his engineers Walter Illmer and Josef Lank are both originally from Škoda Motorsport (Illmer was till this year car engineer of Kopecký in IRC). I would say the cars are close to each other in terms of performance.

Humber
25th November 2012, 19:09
Paddon probably needs to consider his co-driver options if he wants to reduce the possibility of a McRae/ Ringer situation when the older co-driver takes a break.
Who would be possible choices for Paddon to co-drive with ? Someone with a good quantity of WRC experience - Scott Martin ?

I noticed one rally in NZ that Paddon did with a different co-driver, Paddon was off the pace.
(Edit - I see the rally was 2009 Possum Bourne Rally with Nicole France - www.chrissport.co.nz (http://www.chrissport.co.nz)) Paddon's pace should have improved significantly since then but some drivers' pace is a function of the confidence in the co-driver and the co-drivers confidence in the driver etc)

sollitt
25th November 2012, 20:56
...but please be objective. Absolutely objective Mirek. The simple point I'm making is that people with a winning culture will continue to win regardless of what you throw at them. Each progression in a career that demonstrates winning behaviour is entirely relevant. To a competitor like Paddon, the step up to WRC is just another challenge to overcome, another car to drive and another set of competitors to beat ... something else to win. To most others, the step up is insurmountable.

jbmarcus21
26th November 2012, 12:03
Qatar M-sport deal is done !
M-Sport et le Qatar c (http://planetemarcus.com/m-sport-et-le-qatar-cest-fait/)

Georgi
26th November 2012, 12:19
Good news for the WRC and M-Sport !
I think that Ostberg can be the number one driver and Novikov the second one.

MJW
26th November 2012, 12:57
Good news for the WRC and M-Sport !
I think that Ostberg can be the number one driver and Novikov the second one.

What about Tanak? I cant see Neuville jumping from PSA Group to M-Sport, even if Citroen can only offer 9 rounds he is young enough to learn on these 9 rounds, some of which may not suit him, but equally important to learn these rallies.

Xsara Fan
26th November 2012, 12:59
What about Tanak? I cant see Neuville jumping from PSA Group to M-Sport, even if Citroen can only offer 9 rounds he is young enough to learn on these 9 rounds, some of which may not suit him, but equally important to learn these rallies.

Tanak? He has no budget.

MJW
26th November 2012, 13:15
Tanak? He has no budget.So is is Evgeny :-) I think he has driven very well this year and Mads / Evgeny / Nasser line up would be good. What about Kubica, is it realistic to be in a MSport car?

dimviii
26th November 2012, 13:56
"I'm more handicapped in life everyday when I drive a race car. I have to use my left hand to operate the controls and buttons, but when I right hand on the wheel, I have a good strength. My movements are still somewhat limited, but I can fly the right hand only. Today I'm pretty happy with how my body is changing even if I find some tips to negotiate some corners. But it's crazy to see how the body and brain are able to adapt. '
And he continues:
"It is not a question of strength. If it was only that, it would, I would lift weights and it would be fixed. My major problem is that I'm stuck. I have a mobility impairment elbow and wrist angles quite limited for my arm. '

http://www.autonewsinfo.com/2012/11/26/rallye-du-var-robert-kubica-se-confie-69036.html

http://www.autonewsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/VAR-2012-ROBERT-Kubica-Potrait-Citroen-C4-WRC-Photo-Jo-LILLINI2.jpg

Dr. Krogshöj
26th November 2012, 14:06
So is is Evgeny :-) I think he has driven very well this year and Mads / Evgeny / Nasser line up would be good. What about Kubica, is it realistic to be in a MSport car?

Is Petter out of the picture?

MJW
26th November 2012, 14:15
Is Petter out of the picture?
Unless he brings money, either his own, or finds a sponsor to pay for his drive, then yes.

Rallyper
26th November 2012, 15:05
So what does the Qatar-deal mean? Doesn´t it bring money to M-sport team to have three cars or just two?
Ostberg
Petter
Nasser

Or what? Ostberg I presume will not bring money any more. What is the thinking of team leader MW speculatedly? Anyone?

Edit: after reading on WRC.com it´s clear that it will be two cars and Nasser. That means to me that Petter as well will be in first team. Second team to be announced...

jbmarcus21
26th November 2012, 15:16
Mads Ostberg confirmed as M-Sport official rally driver
Mads Ostberg pilote officiel M-Sport en 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/mads-ostberg-pilote-officiel-m-sport-en-2013/)

bassist
26th November 2012, 15:18
News (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news)

Announcement here! Nothing about Petter though!

dimviii
26th November 2012, 15:26
That means to me that Petter as well will be in first team..

i wouldn t be so sure about Petter at first team.

rage82
26th November 2012, 15:26
And Mads will be co-driven by Jonas Andersson, so end of speculation about changing the co-driver.

rallyfiend
26th November 2012, 15:28
News (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news)

Announcement here! Nothing about Petter though!

That's a lot of Ford branding on those shirts!

dimviii
26th November 2012, 15:29
Nice news about Mad Mads!
Next year will be difficult for him, he have to fight about wins as Msport official crew.Wish all the best for sympathetic Mads.

tolis
26th November 2012, 15:39
Also the deal with Qatar is nice news for Malcolm Wilson! :)

Kielder
26th November 2012, 15:43
Mads has gifted himself a Youtube's account to celebrate this important day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrq8IBvN3E&feature=player_embedded

dimviii
26th November 2012, 15:45
Also the deal with Qatar is nice news for Malcolm Wilson! :)
for his pocket you mean.

steffforno
26th November 2012, 15:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkrq8IBvN3E&sns=em
The Big opportunity for Ostberg.
Ford Qatar!

RS
26th November 2012, 15:52
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but Ostberg leaves me a little cold. I feel he scored a lot of points last year because he mopped them up whilst others fell off. Good (even great) No.2 driver maybe but if they want to mount a serious championship challenge I would still chose Petter for the other car (there is nobody else realistically is there?)

Failing that, I'd give Hanninen a chance.

This is of course providing money is no/little objective.

steffforno
26th November 2012, 16:05

Really?? Official??

steffforno
26th November 2012, 16:48
Tanak? He has no budget.

Tanak last years signed for 3 years with ford.. Maybe just agreement with Ford