PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

stefanvv
23rd October 2012, 00:11
It looks like Sanremo will be back in WRC in 2013... - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14510)

I'll be happy Sanremo to come back in WRC. It just has it's unique atmosphere and stages. Sardegna is nice, but Sanremo is just classics.

pino
23rd October 2012, 06:53
Sanremo has the best and most demanding tarmac stages in the world...it deserves to be in the Wrc calendar, period ! :D

AndyRAC
23rd October 2012, 09:47
There would be something wrong if Sanremo wasn’t in either the WRC, or ERC. It is one of the few iconic events, and a ‘Classic’. In reality, it needs the return of the Gravel stages. Could RedBull help with financing of the event? It should be in the WRC – Sardegna is a good event, but is just another dusty gravel event – and we have enough of them.

dupanton
23rd October 2012, 11:00
Of course, roads slightly different in character.... :)
But yes, preparing, getting seat time, in the zone and all that.

I think it is a lot different to Spain. I've never been there, but from the images I've seen, you can't really compare...

Just to give you an idea of a Condroz Rally with typical Belgian weather: Condroz Rally 2009 - Onboard Lauwaert/Pattyn - Renault Clio R3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkv8LXMJTF8)

A FONDO
23rd October 2012, 11:47
Sanremo has the best and most demanding tarmac stages in the world...it deserves to be in the Wrc calendar, period ! :D

To pretend being the best in the world, one rally must have a "tree"... I haven't seen such thing in San Remo...

noel157
23rd October 2012, 11:49
I think it is a lot different to Spain. I've never been there, but from the images I've seen, you can't really compare...

Just to give you an idea of a Condroz Rally with typical Belgian weather: Condroz Rally 2009 - Onboard Lauwaert/Pattyn - Renault Clio R3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkv8LXMJTF8)

You missed the big smilie/smiley at the end of the first sentence. :)

I've been to rallies in both countries. Some day the sun might shine in Belgium.. :)

pino
23rd October 2012, 12:13
To pretend being the best in the world, one rally must have a "tree"... I haven't seen such thing in San Remo...

Forgive my ignorance...but what's this "tree" ? :confused:

Motorsportfun
23rd October 2012, 12:18
But they wouldn't be starting from scratch... the event has still been running since it's departure from the WRC. It would be great to see it in it's former glory, as mixed surface event, rather than all asphalt test it has been since '97.

And then have Rally Catalunya return to the Costa Brava. I would love to see the cars slide past the bridge at Viladrau. That was always one of the greatest shots in rallying, even better when Panizzi did donuts in '02

Almost half of the stages used during IRC events doesn't have enough media/spectators access, very few safe spectators areas (many people, these years, you have could seen lots of people in the hairpins... so dangerous in case of slide or late-braking!), a small service area. They must re-design the rally, searching new areas, etc... that's a long work to do, almost impossible to do in 6 months!

dupanton
23rd October 2012, 12:18
You missed the big smilie/smiley at the end of the first sentence. :)

I've been to rallies in both countries. Some day the sun might shine in Belgium.. :)

For the moment, the weather is good (I am 150km from Huy, but Ok). But the last 2 weeks, there has been a lot of rain! Let's see what the next weeks will bring (I hope a lot of rain :) )

A FONDO
23rd October 2012, 13:00

http://www.motorsportforums.com/european-rallying/155527-poll-rallies-should-included-2013-erc-european-rally-championship.html#post1073164 :D

stefanvv
23rd October 2012, 13:58

That just sounds soooooo familiar :D If you don't have the iconic "tree" you can't clearly pretend one Rally is the absolute best of the Rallies in the World :D

Hartusvuori
23rd October 2012, 14:26
That just sounds soooooo familiar :D If you don't have the iconic "tree" you can't clearly pretend one Rally is the absolute best of the Rallies in the World :D

Could we rephrase misters Grönholm & Rautiainen: "Tree is enough!"

stefanvv
23rd October 2012, 14:30
Could we rephrase misters Grönholm & Rautiainen: "Tree is enough!"

Oh, yeah. It is enough to take you out....unfortunately

Kielder
23rd October 2012, 18:30
It would be great to see the WRC back to Chiusdino.

http://i46.tinypic.com/wgu58w.jpg

gravelman
23rd October 2012, 21:48
A big question for San Remo would be spectator safety I'm afraid... Not many places where you can stand as a spectator on these mountain roads, + a lot of spectators (much more than in Sardinia as San Remo is on mainland and also close to France etc.).

Was there an issue with it the last time a round was held?? The championship needs rounds that attract massive crowds and generate a genuine ( not pr generated) buzz around the event. The traditional rounds always attracted great crowds and it has to be said in the recent era of the last 10/15 years, by and large have not had spectator safety issues.

Mirek
23rd October 2012, 22:05
Was there an issue with it the last time a round was held?? The championship needs rounds that attract massive crowds and generate a genuine ( not pr generated) buzz around the event. The traditional rounds always attracted great crowds and it has to be said in the recent era of the last 10/15 years, by and large have not had spectator safety issues.

This year we have had already almost 20 fatalities (about which I know) in the sport and the numbers are growing every year (except one all on asphalt). Some accident involving spectators in WRC event is the worst what we can get. The safety in Sanremo in last couple of years was awful and it was a big luck nothing serious happened although it was often close (for example this year with Andreucci). It really matters. This sport can't afford growing number of dead bodies.

gravelman
23rd October 2012, 22:39
This year we have had already almost 20 fatalities (about which I know) in the sport and the numbers are growing every year (except one all on asphalt). Some accident involving spectators in WRC event is the worst what we can get. The safety in Sanremo in last couple of years was awful and it was a big luck nothing serious happened although it was often close (for example this year with Andreucci). It really matters. This sport can't afford growing number of dead bodies.

Mirek, I'm not for one minute questioning the importance of safety, as a competitor and spectator I knw this. I will concede I was not aware of the issues on his event in the last couple o years. I agree that safety cannot be compromised but I feel that the classic events do draw greater crowds, but as long as they are managed efficiently I'm sure they can return, because god knows the series needs flagship events. But again I agree with your point regarding the importance of safety.

Mirek
23rd October 2012, 22:46
I sure agree that Sanremo is a classic and it would be nice to have it back in WRC but as someone already pointed out the stages which are now used for IRC are very difficult to cope with crowds (with WRC there will be sure more people than now). Very few access roads and often no space for spectators to stand.

By the way this is the moment of Andreucci from this years edition. Good that he kept it on the road...
IRC 2012 Day 2 Sanremo Andreucci Big Spins - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8D-LoO_Kus)

stefanvv
23rd October 2012, 22:56
I sure agree that Sanremo is a classic and it would be nice to have it back in WRC but as someone already pointed out the stages which are now used for IRC are very difficult to cope with crowds (with WRC there will be sure more people than now). Very few access roads and often no space for spectators to stand.

By the way this is the moment of Andreucci from this years edition. Good that he kept it on the road...
IRC 2012 Day 2 Sanremo Andreucci Big Spins - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8D-LoO_Kus)

That's why bringing back the gravel stages will do only good, besides they are part of that classics called "Sanremo".

Nelly
23rd October 2012, 23:14
You could put Monte Carlo on a par with sanremo if not worse!

sollitt
24th October 2012, 00:03
IRC 2012 Day 2 Sanremo Andreucci Big Spins - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8D-LoO_Kus)I have to agree with you Mirek. That was a disaster narrowly averted. It is unbelievable that spectators were permitted in the run off area of that intersection.

gravelman
24th October 2012, 00:06
I have to agree with you Mirek. That was a disaster narrowly averted. It is unbelievable that spectators were permitted in the run off area of that intersection.

Do they really believe that concrete barriers are safe for both crews and spectators??!!!

HaCo
24th October 2012, 19:03
Ford also pulled the plug of a Belgian ford plant: 4500 loose job before the end of 2014 and probably 5000 more in company's that supply parts to Ford Genk. Wondering if the Wrc exit has anything to do with this.
Sad day for Belgian industry. :(

Verstuurd van mijn MT15i met Tapatalk

SubaruNorway
24th October 2012, 19:19
I work at Ford, they must use insane amounts on warranty cases...

rallyfun
24th October 2012, 19:45
Do we really need another "two the same rallies" in calendar? Sardinia is great for many reasons as well as Corsica, there is no point for Alsace and San Remo.

HaCo
24th October 2012, 20:24
You mean for the cars that will be produced the coming year in Genk? Was thinking the same.
Pitty they didn't find a solution to keep the plant open.

Verstuurd van mijn MT15i met Tapatalk

Franky
24th October 2012, 21:13
Do we really need another "two the same rallies" in calendar? Sardinia is great for many reasons as well as Corsica, there is no point for Alsace and San Remo.

According to your logic we'd only have Monte, Sweden-Norway combo, Greece, Finland, France and muddy GB in the WRC.

stefanvv
24th October 2012, 21:23
According to your logic we'd only have Monte, Sweden-Norway combo, Greece, Finland, France and muddy GB in the WRC.

What are New Zealand & Australia like?

sollitt
24th October 2012, 21:25
What are New Zealand & Australia like?Totally different.

stefanvv
24th October 2012, 21:44
& The classic Sanremo & Germany? They are quite unique imo.

Franky
24th October 2012, 21:57
Stefanvv, my previous post was a reply to rallyfun's post I quoted.
My take on the subject is that every rally is different and posses its' own challenges for the crews. Meaning we can't say that additional tarmac rally would be too much because it resembles other tarmac rallies due to the road surface.

stefanvv
24th October 2012, 22:11
Yes, I just filled the gaps ;) Every Rally is different and everyone has its own preference.

rallyfun
24th October 2012, 22:16

How did you come to it? If you don't see similarity between Monte and San Remo, Germany and Alsace then you have a problem with "logic". I didn't see any similar rallies in the calendar appart from those mentioned. So to make things logical lets bring back unique Corsica and leave alone unique Sardinia.

stefanvv
24th October 2012, 22:28
How did you come to it? If you don't see similarity between Monte and San Remo, Germany and Alsace then you have a problem with "logic". I didn't see any similar rallies in the calendar appart from those mentioned. So to make things logical lets bring back unique Corsica and leave alone unique Sardinia.

Monte don't have anything to do with these, it is on snow/ice when the weather is proper.

rallyfun
24th October 2012, 23:27
Monte don't have anything to do with these, it is on snow/ice when the weather is proper.

Do you remember when was the last time the weather was proper? Run San Remo in January and you have the same rally. All WRC needs is more variety of surface, there is only one snow rally out of 13 and three (two twin rallies) in asphalt, that doesn't make sens.

makinen_fan
24th October 2012, 23:35
I would love to see the old San Remo with mixed surface, running in Tuscany. Those were really nice stages with proper show. Is there any chance for that or if it comes back it will be all Tarmac?

Kielder
24th October 2012, 23:43
Good video of Lappi's test in Spain. It includes some onboard footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVu52KrXl0Q

pettersolberg29
24th October 2012, 23:53
Excited to see him progress over the next couple of years, looks a real talent. And slight off-topic, but when the Fabia is mainly white you can really appreciate how good looking a car it really is!

Arganil
25th October 2012, 00:54
I would love to see the old San Remo with mixed surface, running in Tuscany. Those were really nice stages with proper show. Is there any chance for that or if it comes back it will be all Tarmac?

The PT Autosport article says that this eventual Sanremo WRC return is based in the mixed surface scheme that made the italian rally an iconic event.

HarriK
25th October 2012, 06:42
Good video of Lappi's test in Spain. It includes some onboard footage.

Esapekka mentioned some overheating problems with Dmack tyres and hopes that weather will be a little bit colder at the weekend.

Sulland
25th October 2012, 07:32
Looked like the DMacks understeered a bit. Do they then bolt on a Michelin set just to compare, on tests like this one?

makinen_fan
25th October 2012, 14:15
Malcolm Wilson interview about Ford exiting WRC and future of M-sport
Malcolm Wilson on Ford's Departure and Plans Going Forward (http://www.bybillwood.com/online/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3823%3Amalcolm-wilson-on-fords-departure-and-his-plans-going-forward&catid=54%3Aths-radio&Itemid=106)

wrc1600
29th October 2012, 20:50
Sordo closer to Citroen seat than Solberg as he's first choice driver according to autosport source.

MikeD
30th October 2012, 12:31

Just for the record, it's Rally Sanremo - not San Remo (a common mistake in here). To me Sanremo, Tour de Corse and Monte Carlo should be permanent on the calendar. It's the 3 classic tarmac rallies.

Francis44
30th October 2012, 14:23
Someone reporting on Autosport that Sordo will do 10 rounds next year with Prodrive?!

Any confirmation?

bluuford
30th October 2012, 14:42
Another story is circulating that Novikov has signed agreement with DMack Russia and that is why he is driving DMack in Spain (M-Sport has an agreement with Michelin). Any further news concerning next season and DMack?

MikeD
30th October 2012, 20:13
Another story is circulating that Novikov has signed agreement with DMack Russia and that is why he is driving DMack in Spain (M-Sport has an agreement with Michelin). Any further news concerning next season and DMack?

It's true that M-Sport has an agreement with Michelin, but they did also run Tänak on DMACK's at rally GB last year and Ricardo Triviño at Rally Mexico this year. Most of the DMACK run cars this year has been run/prepared by Autotek Motorsport (Martin Prokop at Rally Argentina and Rally Spain, Jari Ketomaa at all his rounds this year, and now Novikov at Rally Spain)

MTA
30th October 2012, 21:53
Probably no Rally Spain for Ramona Karlsson
Not clear with the insurance company after the fire in New Zealand.

A FONDO
30th October 2012, 22:15

What is not clear?

Mintexmemory
30th October 2012, 23:56
What is not clear?
Presumably the settlement of the claim - hence no cash for hire or replacement.

br21
31st October 2012, 10:05

Maybe you know where the car was insured? Insurance companies often cover fire damage only if fire happens because of accident, so maybe there is a problem...

MTA
31st October 2012, 11:06
I have no more information, just read it on her blog.
Decision from Rally Sardinia:
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2012/pdf/Commissari_sportivi/stewards_decision_n._1.pdf

kirungi okwogera
31st October 2012, 16:10
I have no more information, just read it on her blog.
Decision from Rally Sardinia:
http://www.rallyitaliasardegna.com/public/2012/pdf/Commissari_sportivi/stewards_decision_n._1.pdf
I don't know what the normal type of insurance rally drivers have is like, but that's a real shame - dealing with insurance companies is stressful enough, trying to prove to them that a random fire during an event is not your fault, or that it is covered, would be torture! And add that to trying to find funds in the interim if the insurance company doesn't want to pay... what an unlucky season for this team. I hope it's not their last.

Humber
31st October 2012, 20:29
Paddon tuning up for Spain with Red Bull colours.
WRC Rally Catalunya - Red Bull Skoda Testing - YouTube (http://youtu.be/nO402gp4vPc)

Allyc85
31st October 2012, 20:30
ANy news/rumours about the FIA/promotor meetings that have been going on this week? :)

alleskids
1st November 2012, 08:30
Paddon tuning up for Spain with Red Bull colours.
WRC Rally Catalunya - Red Bull Skoda Testing - YouTube (http://youtu.be/nO402gp4vPc)

he is testing for rally Sweden 2013 :) ?
if the gravelpart of Spain is like this, dust will not be any problem. only the need for snowtyres

mousti
2nd November 2012, 01:27
Probably tested in Austria that's why the snow is there. Not the best stage for getting good setups for Spain gravel and asphalt stages.

HaCo
2nd November 2012, 06:09
ANy news/rumours about the FIA/promotor meetings that have been going on this week? :)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103920

Verstuurd van mijn ARCHOS 80G9 met Tapatalk

MartijnS
2nd November 2012, 10:41
Interview with Al-Attiyah, who says that he's meeting Malcolm Wilson tonight and if everything goes as planned there will be a 3 car Qatar team next year :)

Nasser - The Saviour of M-Sport? | Spreaker Online Radio (http://www.spreaker.com/user/5030467/nasser_the_saviour_of_m_sport)

Mintexmemory
2nd November 2012, 10:54
Interview with Al-Attiyah, who says that he's meeting Malcolm Wilson tonight and if everything goes as planned there will be a 3 car Qatar team next year :)

Nasser - The Saviour of M-Sport? | Spreaker Online Radio (http://www.spreaker.com/user/5030467/nasser_the_saviour_of_m_sport)

Ok, so Nasser will be in one car for the events he chooses - predictions for the other 2 seats? Tanak as No 2 I think, but who as team leader?

makinen_fan
2nd November 2012, 11:00
Petter maybe? And Mads in Adapta car possibly

Rasantes
2nd November 2012, 11:30
Great news the agreement between Nasser and M-Sport.

Mintexmemory
2nd November 2012, 11:32
I don't think Petter, but Mads as leader might be near the truth - What is the betting that the 3rd car carries 'Team Nepotism' sponsorship when Nasser isn't using it ;)

PLuto
2nd November 2012, 11:35
The end for Proton... (Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14547))

rallyfiend
2nd November 2012, 12:00
I don't think Petter, but Mads as leader might be near the truth - What is the betting that the 3rd car carries 'Team Nepotism' sponsorship when Nasser isn't using it ;)

If Malcolm puts Mads in a Qatar car, he loses the income from having a separate Adapta car...

this is business.

rage82
2nd November 2012, 12:10
If Malcolm puts Mads in a Qatar car, he loses the income from having a separate Adapta car...

this is business.
Mads said that he will participate in WRC 2013 only as a factory driver because he lacks of funds. That's why he's also negotiating with Citroen about the next year. Personally I'm not sure if he's ready for number 1, but definately is one of the best options for second facory driver

Mintexmemory
2nd November 2012, 12:11

this is business.
True but Adapta could shop around for the best package and Citroen may have room for a quick customer. I don't think Mads and Adapta can be taken for granted.

Ok thanks Rage82 - that makes it more important that Malcolm acts quickly to secure his No 1 -
Bet that Mikko is hoping Mads isn't in the same team as him ;)

rage82
2nd November 2012, 12:40
True but Adapta could shop around for the best package and Citroen may have room for a quick customer. I don't think Mads and Adapta can be taken for granted.

Ok thanks Rage82 - that makes it more important that Malcolm acts quickly to secure his No 1 -
Bet that Mikko is hoping Mads isn't in the same team as him ;)

That's true! Mads is almost on par with Mikko on gravel speedwise. He's improving very quickly on tarmac and with proper testing he can become a big threat for everybody.

dimviii
2nd November 2012, 12:49
Mads in par with Mikko?..

AndyRAC
2nd November 2012, 12:54
Mads is far too good now to be having to buy a drive. He’s quite right in wanting a Factory drive – and he deserves one.

Doon
2nd November 2012, 14:11
Nasser and M-Sport

Al-Attiyah chasing M-Sport deal - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/al-attiyah-chasing-m-sport-120204727.html)

GigiGalliNo1
2nd November 2012, 15:27
What are New Zealand & Australia like?

But NZ is better then Aus in my opinion. More of a feel of history and real rally. True rally spectators and fans. Yes, Coffs Harbour pulls people in from across the country but I think because NZ has had the same location (one island) for more then how ever long they've been around - I feel NZ should see the calendar more then Aus... but Australia is needed. Unless it's back in Perth - but the local government stopped supporting it...

EightGear
2nd November 2012, 22:30
Mikko Markkula will be Mikkelsen's new codriver, already from Spain onwards.

Mikkelsen wechselt Beifahrer*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/02/mikkelsen-wechselt-beifahrer/index.html)

I wonder why...?

bluuford
2nd November 2012, 22:43
Mikko Markkula will be Mikkelsen's new codriver, already from Spain onwards.

Mikkelsen wechselt Beifahrer*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/02/mikkelsen-wechselt-beifahrer/index.html)

I wonder why...?

Ola becomes 44 in winter. Maybe it is time to do something else in his life as well?

EightGear
2nd November 2012, 22:46
Could be, but Mikkelsen is at the point of breaking through at WRC level, I can imagine Ola would like to be a WRC regular as well.

Maybe VW put some pressure behind it (remember Abbring switching Lara Vanneste for Fred Miclotte)

tolis
2nd November 2012, 23:01
What about Hanninen though?

Juha_Koo
2nd November 2012, 23:44
Interesting news...

Ola is notably older than Mikkelsen, that's the main reason. Mikkelsen will change pacenote language to English.

Hänninen hasn't released any info about his programme next season. There are few internationally experienced codrivers free, so shouldn't be a problem.

grugsticles
2nd November 2012, 23:48
But NZ is better then Aus in my opinion. More of a feel of history and real rally. True rally spectators and fans. Yes, Coffs Harbour pulls people in from across the country but I think because NZ has had the same location (one island) for more then how ever long they've been around - I feel NZ should see the calendar more then Aus... but Australia is needed. Unless it's back in Perth - but the local government stopped supporting it...

I totally understand the circumstances Rally Australia's move to the eastern seaboard, but for me Rally Australia is, and always will be, based in Perth.
Unless you have been there to experience the spectator side of the event (stage locations, view points, city based SS stage, the ball bearing road surface and the whole amphitheatre surrounding the Bunnings Jumps, etc.) then anything they do in an eastern based rally pales in comparison.

Hazza555)
3rd November 2012, 04:41
I totally understand the circumstances Rally Australia's move to the eastern seaboard, but for me Rally Australia is, and always will be, based in Perth.
Unless you have been there to experience the spectator side of the event (stage locations, view points, city based SS stage, the ball bearing road surface and the whole amphitheatre surrounding the Bunnings Jumps, etc.) then anything they do in an eastern based rally pales in comparison.

Would love to see it return to Perth. Such a unique rally with it's ball bearing gravel. But New Zealand definitely needs to be on the calendar every year, but then again I suppose I am biased.

skarderud
3rd November 2012, 09:02
Interesting news...

Ola is notably older than Mikkelsen, that's the main reason. Mikkelsen will change pacenote language to English.

Hänninen hasn't released any info about his programme next season. There are few internationally experienced codrivers free, so shouldn't be a problem.

As far as i concern, Ola has wife and 2 kids. That Can be a reason. He also was codriver when Erik veiby's (Andreas' manager and Owner of EVENrally) son made his rallydebut at rally hedemarken. Maybe they have other plans on home soil :)

VFTS
3rd November 2012, 14:41
As far as i concern, Ola has wife and 2 kids. That Can be a reason. He also was codriver when Erik veiby's (Andreas' manager and Owner of EVENrally) son made his rallydebut at rally hedemarken. Maybe they have other plans on home soil :)

Ola has no wife, but he has a girlfriend. And no kids.

EightGear
3rd November 2012, 14:43
And no kids.

Maybe he wants to change that and try that full time now!

Iskald
3rd November 2012, 15:00
As far as i concern, Ola has wife and 2 kids. :)

Some times its better to keep quiet...Both legs deep in the swamp!!!

tfp
3rd November 2012, 18:20
Interesting news...

Then what about Denis Giraudet :D

Why does he have to change the language of pace notes? Of course its better for me because I can understand them :) but why will it benifit Mikkelsen?

tfp
3rd November 2012, 18:22
But New Zealand definitely needs to be on the calendar every year, but then again I suppose I am biased.

Be as biased as you like, you are correct :cool:

Mintexmemory
3rd November 2012, 19:36
Then what about Denis Giraudet :D

Why does he have to change the language of pace notes? Of course its better for me because I can understand them :) but why will it benifit Mikkelsen?
Presumably because AM doesn't speak Finnish and MM doesn't speak Norwegian. I imagine that all Novikov's co-drivers either speak French or English

Humber
3rd November 2012, 20:15
Colin M on the Bunnings' yumps.
WRC - Rally Australia 1997 - Colin McRae - YouTube (http://youtu.be/p9MpSKTuYLY)

NZ is weather dependent. It can be very wet if held in the middle of winter which the Northern Hemisphere drivers are not keen on having left a NH summer.
I would not be surprised if the rotation goes to 2 years in Australia and 1 in NZ or 1 year in Australia and another year elsewhere in Asia or somewhere.

skarderud
3rd November 2012, 20:57
Some times its better to keep quiet...Both legs deep in the swamp!!!
I wasn't shure, but i tought i've heard that once. No big deal, Henning......

Hazza555)
3rd November 2012, 23:24
NZ is weather dependent. It can be very wet if held in the middle of winter which the Northern Hemisphere drivers are not keen on having left a NH summer.
I would not be surprised if the rotation goes to 2 years in Australia and 1 in NZ or 1 year in Australia and another year elsewhere in Asia or somewhere.

Yes, NZ definitely changes a lot relative to what time of year it has been held. Right up until 2000, the rally was always held from late June to early August making rain and mud always a factor, but since then it has really jumped around the calendar.

2001 - September
2002 - October
2003, 2004, 2005 - April
2006 - November
2007, 2008 - August
2010 - May
2012 - June

It would make sense to do what they are now doing with F1 and group events with where they are in the world.

tfp
4th November 2012, 00:33
Presumably because AM doesn't speak Finnish and MM doesn't speak Norwegian. I imagine that all Novikov's co-drivers either speak French or English

Good point ;)

Carlo
4th November 2012, 05:28
It would make sense to do what they are now doing with F1 and group events with where they are in the world.

That sounds far too sensible

andriusaaa
4th November 2012, 11:03
I don't know what the normal type of insurance rally drivers have is like, but that's a real shame - dealing with insurance companies is stressful enough, trying to prove to them that a random fire during an event is not your fault, or that it is covered, would be torture! And add that to trying to find funds in the interim if theip insurance company doesn't want to pay... what an unlucky season for this team. I hope it's not their last.
0i&

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

MJW
5th November 2012, 12:57
Interesting interview between Colin Clark and Francois Riberio from Eurosport Events on spreaker - link here (I think) spreaker.com/user/5030467/francois_riberiro
In it they speak about how FIA made it clear that the direction WRC will go is global and turn its back on the European heartland and follow a global path. Also WRC will be the pinnacle and for fully fledged manufacturer teams. Eurosport Events promoted ERC will be a Teams Cup type series with an emphasis on more affordable, e.g.less island events. Worth a listen to get feel on how the powers that shape the sport think.

PLuto
5th November 2012, 13:31
Nice interview with Ribeiro is also here - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14552) . It is in czech language, but with translator I think it is understandable.

Iskald
5th November 2012, 13:35
I wasn't shure, but i tought i've heard that once. No big deal, Henning......

I`ve just heard that Elvis is still alive. ;-)

rallye-vid
5th November 2012, 15:07
Looks like no rumour. Kubica will drive C4 WRC in two rallies next time:

Rally di Como & Rallye du Var

Kubica startet im C4 WRC*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/05/kubica-startet-im-c4-wrc/index.html)

PLuto
5th November 2012, 15:15
It is not rumour, it is official press release. And here (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14562) he also talks about possibilities for next year.

Co-driven
5th November 2012, 21:15
I couldn't find that topic about the 2013 season, so I'll post here...

Just heard from a good source that Ilka Minor will co-drive to Mads Ostberg on 2013. Ostberg will make part of the 'works' M-Sport team...

spiderem
5th November 2012, 21:59
I don't know if there is a topic for this, but don't really want to mix with the WTCC guys.
What car will Citroen use in WTCC? the DS4?

Mintexmemory
5th November 2012, 23:26

Just heard from a good source that Ilka Minor will co-drive to Mads Ostberg on 2013. Ostberg will make part of the 'works' M-Sport team...

Is this 'World Dump a Scandanavian Co-Driver Week' - Where has Jonas gone wrong?
I like Ilka a lot (anyone who can sit next to Evgeny deserves limitless admiration) but is she so superior to JA? - So Ostberg in as No1 or No 2 to Petter - Nasser is always going to be car 3 as he won't do the ful season.

Red bull
6th November 2012, 10:09
Andreas Mikkelsen 'very close' to VW WRC deal - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104064)

Mintexmemory
6th November 2012, 10:38
Andreas Mikkelsen 'very close' to VW WRC deal - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104064)Mmmm - doesn't really tell us more that we already knew, except that Skoda UK apparently had faith in Ola's abilities.

Mintexmemory
6th November 2012, 10:44
I don't know if there is a topic for this, but don't really want to mix with the WTCC guys.What car will Citroen use in WTCC? the DS4?Can't find my source but a few weeks ago I read it was to be the C5

lancisti
6th November 2012, 10:52
I read the want a DS Model (DS5)

Rallyper
6th November 2012, 10:54

There´s no collision between being member of M-sport team and need to change co-driver. Why change a winning team? Sounds odd to me. Maybe she brings a lot of money? But getting a downgrade in performance is a big risk they´re taking.

tommeke_B
6th November 2012, 11:14
There´s no collision between being member of M-sport team and need to change co-driver. Why change a winning team? Sounds odd to me. Maybe she brings a lot of money? But getting a downgrade in performance is a big risk they´re taking.
With all the experience she has on top level, she should be a good codriver... The fact that she keeps getting chances proves it. ;)

Co-driven
6th November 2012, 12:00

I haven't said that the move was related to being a M-Sport member, I just posted two pieces of information regarding the same driver.

As tommeke said, apparently Ilka is highly rated on the wrc as she is constantly getting chances. And not necessarily the codriver move means that anything is wrong with Jonas, maybe it's just Mads choice. Last year Neuville changed his codriver and there was an improvement on his pace.

Rallyper
6th November 2012, 15:10
I haven't said that the move was related to being a M-Sport member, I just posted two pieces of information regarding the same driver.

As tommeke said, apparently Ilka is highly rated on the wrc as she is constantly getting chances. And not necessarily the codriver move means that anything is wrong with Jonas, maybe it's just Mads choice. Last year Neuville changed his codriver and there was an improvement on his pace.

Let´s wait and see. It might be Jonas choice as well. Otherwise it´s a downgrade in my opinion.

rallye-vid
6th November 2012, 16:25
Rally Deutschland could start 2013 in cologne. 3 stages in the gorgeous Eifel area, then back to trier.

But FIA must approve it first.

WM-Start vor Kölner Dom*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/06/wm-start-vor-koelner-dom/index.html)

tommeke_B
6th November 2012, 16:29
Some change would be good for Rallye Deutschland. It's been pretty much the same every year since 2002, except that they reversed almost all stages this year, compared to the last few... Eifel stages could offer a nice challenge (been to the Eifel Rallye 3 times). But I remember that there are some with gravel parts in it. In general they could be quite similar to the Saarland-stages they used.

rallye-vid
6th November 2012, 16:33
They could move the whole rally to eifel ;)

Hartusvuori
6th November 2012, 16:54
Rally Deutschland could start 2013 in cologne. 3 stages in the gorgeous Eifel area, then back to trier.

But FIA must approve it first.

WM-Start vor Kölner Dom*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/06/wm-start-vor-koelner-dom/index.html)

Is the date on the article correct? Week earlier than this year - two weeks from ERC Barum.

All these changes sound nice, and it'd be one long rally with driving over 5 days.

AndyRAC
6th November 2012, 16:59
About time Deutschland got a shake up....

rallye-vid
6th November 2012, 17:05
Is the date on the article correct?

Nothing confirmed yet

ste898
6th November 2012, 21:11
Is the date on the article correct? Week earlier than this year - two weeks from ERC Barum.

All these changes sound nice, and it'd be one long rally with driving over 5 days.

Drivers wont like that

They will have to work like the drivers of the 80;s and 90's awwwwwww

Allyc85
6th November 2012, 22:41
Stage one Technology have lost the timing and tracking job in the WRC...

FIA chooses newcomer SIT as 2013 World Rally timing provider - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104088)

I hope the FIA know what they are doing ;)

Mintexmemory
6th November 2012, 23:24
I hope the FIA know what they are doing ;)

Why change the habits of a lifetime!!

Kielder
6th November 2012, 23:32
If you want to know more about SIT, this is their web: TAG Heuer Professionnal Timing Devices - Timing Systems - Wireless Timing -TAG Heuer Swiss Avant-Garde Since 1860 (http://www.sitsl.com/)
Let's see their job in Catalunya.

AndyRAC
6th November 2012, 23:43
Can't understand this decision. A major kick in the teeth for Stage One..... Bent over backwards this year to provide timing when NorthOne went belly up, and this is the thanks they get.

GigiGalliNo1
7th November 2012, 07:11
Why fix something when it's working PERFECTLY!!! Stupid decision by FIA...

spiderem
7th November 2012, 07:19
Can't find my source but a few weeks ago I read it was to be the C5
cheers. Make sense as being a tourism car champ.
Look forward to see the racing version...

Mirek
7th November 2012, 08:32

Why do You say something like that when You know nothing from the background?

Abarth
7th November 2012, 08:33
What is the SIT tech plan, that was better than the current one?
What will we loose and gain?

Brother John
7th November 2012, 08:42

The FIA ​​is like politics, it is not interesting to them what the fans want, but if they make money is important.

tommeke_B
7th November 2012, 08:47
I don't think anything will change for us Abarth... Just another deal between a provider of something and FIA. It's already good that the WRC always had and still has one system for the complete championship, unlike how it was/is in IRC, ERC, and national championships. I think they'll still have very consistent time-tracking and everything will be working well on wrc.com with splits etc, like it always did in the last 10 years.

tommeke_B
7th November 2012, 08:50
The FIA ​​is like politics, it is not interesting to them what the fans want, but if they make money is important.
Yes, but just like in politics, you always have people who complain about them, no matter what decisions they take. After some time people become prejudged and they think everything FIA does MUST be wrong...

rallyfiend
7th November 2012, 09:07
Can't understand this decision. A major kick in the teeth for Stage One..... Bent over backwards this year to provide timing when NorthOne went belly up, and this is the thanks they get.

As I understand it, up until about 18 months ago, Stage One was owned / part of North One Sport.

Perhaps this is just FIA getting rid of the last of the old regime to start again.

Barreis
7th November 2012, 09:36
Monopolism is not good.

Xsara Fan
7th November 2012, 17:18

I asked Ilka. She said: "It's so funny. But I do not even know Ostberg`s phone number!"

tommeke_B
7th November 2012, 18:09
@ co-driven: Great source! :laugh:
On forums people often want to tell more than there is to know...

Co-driven
7th November 2012, 21:17
@ co-driven: Great source! :laugh:
On forums people often want to tell more than there is to know...

Well, I think Xsara Fan just solved the question.

I just posted what I was told, by someone that has some good relations with Manfred Stohl. That's why I thought it would be right...

tolis
7th November 2012, 22:30
Hayden Paddon will drive a WRC car in Rally Australia 2013:
Hayden Paddon focussed on WRC opportunities for 2013 - Speedcafe.co.nz (http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2012/11/08/hayden-paddon-focussed-on-wrc-opportunities-for-2013/)

pantealex
8th November 2012, 14:20
JWRC 2013 car is Fiesta R2
source: FIA.COM

PLuto
8th November 2012, 14:47

Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14536)

tolis
8th November 2012, 15:09
2013 FIA Junior WRC Championship (http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/fia-jwrc-2013.aspx)

AndyRAC
8th November 2012, 15:12
Hmm, not sure that's great news. Who else were interested?

PLuto
8th November 2012, 15:13
We will see who will compete in JWRC next year. After bad years with WRC Academy I know that lot of drivers, which were thinking about it, will move their plans to different championships...

PLuto
8th November 2012, 15:16
Hmm, not sure that's great news. Who else were interested?

It is written in article on Autosport posted above. It is in czech language, but I think you can read Peugeot, Citroën, Renault and Toyota...

tolis
8th November 2012, 15:16
We will see who will compete in JWRC next year. After bad years with WRC Academy I know that lot of drivers, which were thinking about it, will move their plans to different championships...
So, no changes at all? The only change is the name, isn't it?

rallyfiend
8th November 2012, 15:47
So, no changes at all? The only change is the name, isn't it?

Key thing will be price.

Perhaps by staying with M-sPort they have been able to reduce the price to competitors. If the price is lower and the TV coverage provided goes back to same level that NOS provided to the series, then it could be a very good thing.

PLuto
8th November 2012, 16:31
If there are 5 events with S2000 in IRC cheaper than 6 non-complete events with R2 in WRCA, something is wrong...

wrc1600
8th November 2012, 17:55
Looks like Ford will be very Norwegian next year according to autosport and Nasser will do 7 WRC rallies.

stefanvv
8th November 2012, 18:02
Looks like Ford will be very Norwegian next year according to autosport and Nasser will do 7 WRC rallies.

So Citroen will be Finnish-Spanish...

tommeke_B
8th November 2012, 18:06
And Mini will be very Mini...

spiderem
9th November 2012, 07:01
So is it completely crazy to imagine Ostberg in a citroen next year? this thought just crossed my mind and i wanted to share it.

rallye-vid
9th November 2012, 20:51
Rallye Deutschland 2013: 22-25.08.2013

jbmarcus21
11th November 2012, 14:00
Final 2012 Standings WRC [Driver, Manufacturers, Winner SS, Power Stage] Classements Saison Wrc 2012 (http://planetemarcus.free.fr/classements12.htm)

Red bull
11th November 2012, 16:48
World Rally Championship - News - Citroen seat between Ostberg and Sordo (http://www.wrc.com/news/citroen-seat-between-ostberg-and-sordo/?fid=17919)

pettersolberg29
11th November 2012, 16:49
Ostberg would be a mistake in my view - if you're reading Matton, go for Sordo!

Tom206wrc
11th November 2012, 17:13
Mmmmh Mads Östberg in a DS3WRC would be interesting ;)

bluuford
11th November 2012, 17:19
Ostberg should choose between Ford and Mini.. He would get better chanches there I guess.

MJW
11th November 2012, 17:27
Mmmmh Mads Östberg in a DS3WRC would be interesting ;)
Return of Citroen Norway?

alleskids
11th November 2012, 20:04
Ostberg should choose between Ford and Mini.. He would get better chanches there I guess.

If the Loeb-replacement driver only gets 8 rounds, he is out for the championship. As number 1 at Ford is a better choise for Sordo. Finally being allowed to win and go for the title. Sordo's biggest weapon is tarmac, but he will probarly get litlte tarmac at Citroen, as Loeb wil do Monte Carlo and probarly Germany and France as selected rounds.
I hope Citroen will pick Ostberg, and Sordo will pick the Ford seat. Then it will be a 4 horse title race in 2013:
Hirvoen (Citroen)
Sordo (Ford)
Ogier (VW)
Latvalla (VW)

pettersolberg29
11th November 2012, 20:07
I'd put 100 million metaphorical pounds on Ogier winning the title. The most complete driver since Loeb ;) haha

dimviii
11th November 2012, 20:08
For Citroen favor would be Sordo(who will win tarmac rallies? Mikko?)
for Sordos favor would be Ford for reasons explained from alleskids

makinen_fan
11th November 2012, 20:30
Sordo confirm it that he definitely leaving Prodrive, from his facebook profile:

Hello everyone! Well I already end the world. Today was a great day we did 4 best times of 6 sections! And the mini has behaved like a champion... But... also I am very sad to say goodbye to all my friends at Prodrive would like to thank these two difficult but beautiful years together! Top guys! And to my great little mini... To say... In the background will you miss and who knows if in future we again make war together...
Soon will know about my future at the moment just wait...

dimviii
11th November 2012, 20:41
Sordo confirm it that he definitely leaving Prodrive, from his facebook profile:

Hello everyone! Well I already end the world. Today was a great day we did 4 best times of 6 sections! And the mini has behaved like a champion... But... also I am very sad to say goodbye to all my friends at Prodrive would like to thank these two difficult but beautiful years together! Top guys! And to my great little mini... To say... In the background will you miss and who knows if in future we again make war together...
Soon will know about my future at the moment just wait...

seems that Sordo-Citroen is done.

Wasted Talent
11th November 2012, 20:41
If there are 5 events with S2000 in IRC cheaper than 6 non-complete events with R2 in WRCA, something is wrong...

But if you win IRC there is nothing guaranteed. Win JWRC in 2013 and you get 6 WRC R5 (ie S2000) drives....

WT

pettersolberg29
11th November 2012, 20:51
But if you win IRC there is nothing guaranteed. Win JWRC in 2013 and you get 6 WRC R5 (ie S2000) drives....

WT

And see how massive that has been for Breen - now SWRC champion after being in the JWRC equivalent lat year.

PLuto
11th November 2012, 22:12

WT

Almost for same money which you spend in JWRC you should use for start with R5 :)

Red bull
12th November 2012, 06:19
Who goes where in 2013? - Photo | Red Bull Motorsports (http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/offroad/stories/1331577169482/wrc-drvier-changes-2013)

GustavK
12th November 2012, 06:27
Who goes where in 2013? - Photo | Red Bull Motorsports
This article was published in 8th October. A lot has changed since then, especially when we talk about Ford/M-Sport teams.

andyone
12th November 2012, 09:53
I'd put 100 million metaphorical pounds on Ogier winning the title. The most complete driver since Loeb ;) haha
u should remember he is not good on all countries yet.. so not going to be easy..

A.F.F.
12th November 2012, 10:13
I'll take that bet!

tommeke_B
12th November 2012, 10:19
Ogier is probably the best driver, when you look at speed, consistency... If you see him driving, it's just amazing that he keeps it on the road, on the limit everywhere but he knows where he ends up. But still my bet for the title next year would go to Hirvonen, there may be faster drivers, but he's really consistent, and unlike Latvala, I don't think putting a "N°1" on his door will make him nervous... VW may invest a lot and the car may be good, but you don't make up those +10 years of experience in one year.

had_zachau
12th November 2012, 10:51
Just the day after Rally Catalunya we came over to the first development tests...https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544756_385493368196018_53061499_n.jpg

stefanvv
12th November 2012, 10:58
...but he's really consistent, and unlike Latvala, I don't think putting a "N°1" on his door will make him nervous...

I don't think nervousness was the problem first several Rallies. He was just taking it too seriously to beat Loeb beyond his and Ford's limits.

Hartusvuori
12th November 2012, 11:40
I don't think nervousness was the problem first several Rallies. He was just taking it too seriously to beat Loeb beyond his and Ford's limits.

Nerves and being nervous, even making yourself nervous and not taking it easy for no reason. That's the sole problem with Latvala so far and if this team change would somehow address to this problem, Latvala fans would need to change their view on the world as it wouldn't be the constant fear for the worse all the time anymore. Perhaps a better team meteo would help as well...

Allyc85
12th November 2012, 12:18
Just the day after Rally Catalunya we came over to the first development tests...https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544756_385493368196018_53061499_n.jpg

Surely not! This was the man who in Italy was pleased to go a day without spinning!

dimviii
12th November 2012, 12:58

with which car?..

had_zachau
12th November 2012, 13:19
I forgot write source of photo. This photo is located on Prokop's fb. So we can guess, if is it dmack testing or other car testing.

andyone
12th November 2012, 13:33
Ogier is probably the best driver, when you look at speed, consistency... If you see him driving, it's just amazing that he keeps it on the road, on the limit everywhere but he knows where he ends up. But still my bet for the title next year would go to Hirvonen, there may be faster drivers, but he's really consistent, and unlike Latvala, .
Latvala was crashing trying to match loeb. Without Loeb its another story. I put my bet for larvala.. hirvonen!!! Pls he is not a winner we all see that consistent only dont work. U have to wait for latvala or ogier to crash for him to win. Even ostberg is better than mikko.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mirek
12th November 2012, 14:03
Latvala was crashing even in moments when Loeb was already out.

Rallyper
12th November 2012, 14:18
I forgot write source of photo. This photo is located on Prokop's fb. So we can guess, if is it dmack testing or other car testing.

Maybe Huyndai and D-mack making a joint venture for next year?

A.F.F.
12th November 2012, 15:36
I'm not trying to convince Latvala is consistent.

I'm just amazed how folks here keep Ogier the next Loeb because he isn't. Fast, yes but no more than Latvala. Consistent, to some point yes, but no more than Hirvonen. Have you all forgot that Ogier has crashed too ??

GigiGalliNo1
12th November 2012, 16:12
Maybe Huyndai and D-mack making a joint venture for next year?

I don't think a Korean company will want to be using Chinese made Tyres...... owned by the British..

rallyfiend
12th November 2012, 16:43
World Rally Championship - Video - Browse All - Rally Spain: WRC TV (http://www.wrc.com/video/browse-all/video-rally-spain-wrc-tv/?vid=2744)

Quite interesting. Crazy helicopter stuff.

dupanton
12th November 2012, 17:11

I'm just amazed how folks here keep Ogier the next Loeb because he isn't. Fast, yes but no more than Latvala. Consistent, to some point yes, but no more than Hirvonen. Have you all forgot that Ogier has crashed too ??

In the beginning, yes!
But lets watch his last year at WRC: eWRC-results.com - profile Sbastien Ogier (http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=3109&t=Sebastien-Ogier)
5 victories, 2x 3th, 2x4th
2 retirements: 1 due to engine, 1 due to a crash
2 times Superrally: crash at SS1 of Wales Rally and something in Australia (dont remember).

Not to bad :)

Coach 2
12th November 2012, 17:11

What he has achieved and how Ogier has don/driven this year is why folks (me) are very, very, VERY afraid your wrong.
And how thinks was, isn't necessary how it is, everybody can learn from their mistake (except P.S. maybe).

I hope your right, and i hope J.M.L. can learn too.

A.F.F.
12th November 2012, 17:20
Ogier has driven the whole season yes. But has he competed in any rally? No.

Next year the situation is whole different. The competition is on. The speed is on. The RISKS are on. The pressure is on and one thing I'm certain of. He don't want to loose his team-mate. So, if you guys offer me the same specs next year this time, I'm with you. But not until that.

Mintexmemory
12th November 2012, 17:33
In the beginning, yes!
But lets watch his last year at WRC: eWRC-results.com - profile Sbastien Ogier (http://ewrc-results.com/profile.php?p=3109&t=Sebastien-Ogier)
5 victories, 2x 3th, 2x4th
2 retirements: 1 due to engine, 1 due to a crash
2 times Superrally: crash at SS1 of Wales Rally and something in Australia (dont remember).

Not to bad :)

Bear in mind the Super rally in Wales was his 'Loeb is on his own' statement (alledgedly) to Citroen and his performance in winning the power stage was just to rub it in !
Anyone who has watched Ogier in the Fabia cannot help but admit he is a special talent, trying set ups, perfecting notes but still able to get a stage win and a 4th place. He is special. I am also sure that in a properly managed team that JML will perform to the standard people know he can achieve, wins in Sweden, Finland, New Zealand and Wales are not usually 'gimmes'.

T.Maanteiden kuningas
12th November 2012, 17:55
Of course Ogier is special....she have Finnish manager :D

A.F.F.
12th November 2012, 19:16
I'm not saying Ogier isn't special and among the fastest if not THE fastest!! Just remember he (still) is mortal, not demi-god. Let's wait till first quarter of next season and check then how the levels ... well, level :)

PLuto
12th November 2012, 19:18
Sébastie Ogier is very fast driver, but nothing extremely special. PG Andersson with Proton or Breen with Ford were able to do the same times like Ogier (when they wanted, usually they were using tactics for receive points in SWRC), Mikkelsen was also on same speed like Ogier (before he was asked not to push to Ogier)... Good results of Ogier in WRC with S2000 was not mainly because of his speed, but mainly because of quality of his rivals...

Mirek
12th November 2012, 19:40
Sébastie Ogier is very fast driver, but nothing extremely special. PG Andersson with Proton or Breen with Ford were able to do the same times like Ogier (when they wanted, usually they were using tactics for receive points in SWRC), Mikkelsen was also on same speed like Ogier (before he was asked not to push to Ogier)... Good results of Ogier in WRC with S2000 was not mainly because of his speed, but mainly because of quality of his rivals...

The difference is that while those others were sometimes able to make similar times and add some punctures and offs Ogier was always same fast and except one crash always on the road till start to to finish. He did just a fraction of Mikkelsens punctures. That's why he was above them and therefore something special.

Mintexmemory
12th November 2012, 19:48
Sorry Pluto your analysis is flawed. Don't forget that Ogier was not competing but pushing the set up development. When he chose to put the hammer down he was easily quicker than Mikkelsen and only Paddon approached his speed from the SWRC contestants. Breen and PG were very rarely in the same ball park.

werner
12th November 2012, 19:55
Mikkelsen was also on same speed like Ogier (before he was asked not to push to Ogier)...

This is past, and we dont see that in 2013 ... there are coming a lot of problems to the norvegian ...

spiderem
13th November 2012, 01:24
So no news yet on second driver at citroen???

sollitt
13th November 2012, 01:48
There is no question Ogier is fast and will provide much enjoyment over the coming years in WRC however there is really nothing in his history to suggest he will be the dominant force at all. But he's spectacular and will be great to watch.

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 09:47
Latvalas website have new look etc.

http://www.jmlatvala.com

Maui J.
13th November 2012, 10:35
But still my bet for the title next year would go to Hirvonen, there may be faster drivers, but he's really consistent, and unlike Latvala, I don't think putting a "N°1" on his door will make him nervous... VW may invest a lot and the car may be good, but you don't make up those +10 years of experience in one year.

Surely the Number 1 plate will be reserved for the reigning champion.
Isn't it motorsport tradition that the '1' is always for the current champion. Mikko and Citroen's other driver will be '2' & '3'.

They gave Rossi '46', Block '43' and the Minis '37' & '52'. So they surely will keep '1' for Loeb, even though he's only doing a handful of events.

Mintexmemory
13th November 2012, 11:12
Isn't it motorsport tradition that the '1' is always for the current champion. Mikko and Citroen's other driver will be '2' & '3'.

They gave Rossi '46', Block '43' and the Minis '37' & '52'. So they surely will keep '1' for Loeb, even though he's only doing a handful of events.
I know why Block was 43 (the footwear) but why were the Prodrive Minis 37 & 52?

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 11:16
You really don´t know? Car´s is build in your land....

1968 Cooper S Monte Carlo and MINI WRC with Rauno Aaltonen, Paddy Hopkirk, Dani Sordo & Kris Meeke (http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/mini-shows-countryman-wrc-in-monte-carlo/1968-cooper-s-monte-carlo-and-mini-wrc-with-rauno-aaltonen-paddy-hopkirk-dani-sordo-kris-meeke/)

Paddy 37
Rauno 52

Mintexmemory
13th November 2012, 11:37
You really don´t know? Car´s is build in your land....

1968 Cooper S Monte Carlo and MINI WRC with Rauno Aaltonen, Paddy Hopkirk, Dani Sordo & Kris Meeke (http://www.gmotors.co.uk/news/mini-shows-countryman-wrc-in-monte-carlo/1968-cooper-s-monte-carlo-and-mini-wrc-with-rauno-aaltonen-paddy-hopkirk-dani-sordo-kris-meeke/)

Paddy 37
Rauno 52

Ok, clearly a gap in my education - but the moment Kris was dropped it ceased to be a British project and reverted to being a BMW hijacking of British heritage. ;)
BTW Rauno still has it - as his battle with Dickie Attwood at Goodwood revival demonstrated
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/8089383271/in/set-72157631638941276

OldF
13th November 2012, 11:43
52 was Timo Mäkinen’s number in 1965 Monte which he won.

Paddy Hopkirk had the number 37 when he won in 1964.

A video: Mini Cooper S - 1964, Monte Carlo Rally Winner No.37 . - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_V4e_UL18)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 11:45
Well not big gap and just a numbers. :)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 11:46
52 was Timo Mäkinen’s number in 1965 Monte which he won.

Paddy Hopkirk had the number 37 when he won in 1964.

A video: Mini Cooper S - 1964, Monte Carlo Rally Winner No.37 . - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_V4e_UL18)

I ****ed up again. Sorry......Well I didn´t know that thing allso.

Mintexmemory
13th November 2012, 11:47
Thanks for both lessons from Finland - I still remember the Corgi model I had of Paddy's car when I was 10 *nostalgic sigh|*

JML Media
13th November 2012, 13:15
Latvalas website have new look etc.

I saw a few of you swing by the new web site. Any feedback for us?

<Link removed as I am a newby here and not allowed yet :cool: but it's at jmlatvala dot com....>

dimviii
13th November 2012, 13:34
I saw a few of you swing by the new web site. Any feedback for us?

<Link removed as I am a newby here and not allowed yet :cool: but it's at jmlatvala dot com....>

we have plenty of feedback but we will talk only to Jari :D

Home - Jari-Matti Latvala (http://www.jmlatvala.com/en/)

JML Media
13th November 2012, 13:42
[quote="dimviii"]we have plenty of feedback but we will talk only to Jari :D

/QUOTE]

Mmm, interesting, you'll only talk to his Dad? Should I warn Jari-Matti? :s mokin:

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 13:45
1-0 to JML media :D

dimviii
13th November 2012, 13:56
Mmm, interesting, you'll only talk to his Dad? Should I warn Jari-Matti? :s mokin:
no you dont have to warn Jari.Plenty of Jari fans at motorsportforums.com so we will pleased if he could join us.

HANA JARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

JML Media
13th November 2012, 14:05
no you dont have to warn Jari.Plenty of Jari fans at motorsportforums.com so we will pleased if he could join us.

HANA JARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Yeah, I'm sure there are some Jari fans, he still is a pretty handy peddler. Not quite in the same league as his son though. However, as Ari Vatanen once said, if you really want to know what is happening with Jari-Matti you need to talk to his Mum, not his Dad. :p

Sorry I cannot put a link but the evidence is on Youtube, if you search for JlDoYNbhL_A

dimviii
13th November 2012, 14:09
Yeah, I'm sure there are some Jari fans, he still is a pretty handy peddler. Not quite in the same league as his son though. However, as Ari Vatanen once said, if you really want to know what is happening with Jari-Matti you need to talk to his Mum, not his Dad. :p

Sorry I cannot put a link but the evidence is on Youtube, if you search for JlDoYNbhL_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlDoYNbhL_A

T.Maanteiden kuningas
13th November 2012, 14:31
HANAAAA Ari,Jari ja Jari-Matti!!!!!

JML Media
13th November 2012, 14:31
:) Kiitos (For all the links)

Still no feedback for us? ;)

Jari-Matti will hear it in the next 24 hours and I promise his thoughts.... :D

dimviii
13th November 2012, 14:50
:) Kiitos (For all the links)

Still no feedback for us? ;)

Jari-Matti will hear it in the next 24 hours and I promise his thoughts.... :D

only if you promise that he will create an account at motorsportforums. :hot:

JML Media
13th November 2012, 15:25
Nope. :rolleyes:

Let's face it, I (or you) could create an account for him and it would be hard to tell the difference. However, we don't play that way ;) But honestly the last thing he needs is another place to spend some time!

tommeke_B
13th November 2012, 15:30
Because someone has to give some feedback... :)
In general a nice clean site, everything is easy to be found.
I just don't really like to wikipedia in "brief biography" in such a frame, it looks a bit messy. Also remember that everyone can make changes to wikipedia, so if someone makes a bad joke, it's on the website too. A palmares with every event he did and how he did would be a nice addition. ;)
Just a detail, the background picture isn't covering my complete screen (1920x1080px), for most screens it's ok, but with computer screens growing from time to time it's maybe something to keep in mind.

Rallyper
13th November 2012, 15:33

Let's face it, I (or you) could create an account for him and it would be hard to tell the difference. However, we don't play that way ;) But honestly the last thing he needs is another place to spend some time!

For sure. But keep´im posted. And welcome to the forum. And good luck for next year.

dimviii
13th November 2012, 15:43

Pitty his fans will embarrassed. :(

JML Media
13th November 2012, 15:45
Hi,

Thanks tommeke_B :D

Agreed on the Wiki stuff, it's a short term (and inexpensive) solution for providing some content in other languages. There is a risk of course, but we hope we'll get a warning if someone does something naughty. The Thiery Henry Wikipedia vandalism is a classic example.

Could you explain the "palmares after every event" comment please - apologies but I don't understand the term palmares I guess :confused:

Screen wise, again, agreed, we've optimised at a lower res than yours as we're not seeing that much traffic with big flashy screens like you rich people in Belgium can afford :o :D What has surprised me somewhat has been the high proportion of mobile (low res) traffic, even after the event ended.

However, I don't want to distract from the forum too much with any more technobabble so.....

Hartusvuori
13th November 2012, 15:55
Could you explain the "palmares after every event" comment please - apologies but I don't understand the term palmares I guess :confused:

palmarès m (usually uncountable (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary#uncountable))

prize list (http://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=prize_list&action=edit&redlink=1), list of winners [/*:m:23d4cvwa]
record of achievements [/*:m:23d4cvwa]

...eli varmaan jonkinlaista miten missäkin on mennyt -listaa kaivattaisiin. It sure would be interesting list if it goes back all the way, even prior to WRC days. Only like where, when, how, why - I think there has been something similar in past JML websites...?

EDIT: And what I'd like to see more are mama Latvala's scrapbooks, recent years too. Okey, they're good only for Finnish fans, but still, nice addition. I know the archive is big.

Nornbugger
13th November 2012, 16:00

given that '1' was used in 06 for both Mcrae and Pons standing in for Loeb I'd imagine the same will happen next year and Loebs deputy will get to run as No1.

JML Media
13th November 2012, 16:32
EDIT: And what I'd like to see more are mama Latvala's scrapbooks, recent years too. Okey, they're good only for Finnish fans, but still, nice addition. I know the archive is big.

We're working on those scrapbooks today! Massive files which we're trying to reduce a bit in size....

noel157
13th November 2012, 19:25
Latvala- ""The car was very competitive, but we didn't have the consistency. I would push too hard and then go off the road. I should have learned, but it looks like I am a slow learner - I hope this will come..."

About time his learning = his speed on the stages :)

Jari-Matti Latvala admits squandering WRC title hopes with Ford - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104195)

donlorean
14th November 2012, 17:45
Don't know that was this already here but I've heard a rumor that VW is behind of Ola Floene's "retirement". Ola was said that he is going to retire after two year's anyway so VW kick him of. VW think that they're schooling Andreas next year's and then he suppose to be ready for full WRC program. And that's why they said that co-driver changes now, not two year's from now... Everything must be ready when they starts full season. It means that VW need's Andreas and Markkula, don't need Ola and Juho... Andreas And Mikko will compete seven rounds next year...

But like I said... Just an rumor...

werner
14th November 2012, 18:23
Don't know that was this already here but I've heard a rumor that VW is behind of Ola Floene's "retirement". Ola was said that he is going to retire after two year's anyway so VW kick him of. VW think that they're schooling Andreas next year's and then he suppose to be ready for full WRC program. And that's why they said that co-driver changes now, not two year's from now... Everything must be ready when they starts full season. It means that VW need's Andreas and Markkula, don't need Ola and Juho... Andreas And Mikko will compete seven rounds next year...

But like I said... Just an rumor...

Its true that Markkula is new Co Driver of Mikkelsen. Its not true that VW kick Ola off. VW was surprised that Management of AM put Ola out of Team. If you saw the final of Cataluna, VW Team Boss congrats to Ola, but nothing to Mikkelsen. VW is behind of Ola, there were made many many mistakes in AM Management and we dont know how that ends. Probably with an off to AM from VW, nobody knows. Also AM Monte and Sweden starts with Fabia are now in a complete another light, because VW stopps some supports to him ... difficult story.

donlorean
14th November 2012, 18:30
Its true that Markkula is new Co Driver of Mikkelsen. Its not true that VW kick Ola off. VW was surprised that Management of AM put Ola out of Team. If you saw the final of Cataluna, VW Team Boss congrats to Ola, but nothing to Mikkelsen. VW is behind of Ola, there were made many many mistakes in AM Management and we dont know how that ends. Probably with an off to AM from VW, nobody knows. Also AM Monte and Sweden starts with Fabia are now in a complete another light, because VW stopps some supports to him ... difficult story.

Like I said just a rumor. I heard that from a guy who is a close contact to Mikko and Juho... Usually truth is very difficult to find in this kind of situations...

Little more... It is still possible that Ola has said to someone that he will retire... And someone did a decision that he have to step out now, not two years from now. What I know, Ola was a very good co-driver and they like to be in same car...

EightGear
14th November 2012, 18:30

Is that what you meant with your earlier post? And what do you mean with "Probably with an off to AM from VW?"

werner
14th November 2012, 18:31
Like I said just a rumor. I heard that from a guy who is a close contact to Mikko and Juho... Usually truth is very difficult to find in this kind of situations...

As far as I know, Juho didnt know that Markkula goes to Mikkelsen? So some surprises for everybody decided by as I know 2 or 3 people ...

werner
14th November 2012, 18:36
Is that what you meant with your earlier post? And what do you mean with "Probably with an off to AM from VW?"

Yes, I remember my post as problems for AM ... yes, that means that VW dont understand that decision Ola out of Team. Jost Capito is one of many persons who support Ola after that stupid change. Monte and Sweden was planed for AM with Skoda Ogier but NOT under VW Motorsport. There are 2 or 3 Teams possible which should support AM on that two races (one from Austria!), but VW decide that all costs from that races must pay by AM himself. Before Co driver discuss VW agreed to pay ...

But it seems there is no way back ... OK, one thing could happen to see Ola back, but AM dont make it for sure ...

AM should be careful for future in his decisions, because if he dont go the speed of Ogier, there are some other fast drivers which could replace him very soon (2014). And with a new co driver, a new car ...? All who know Ola Floene, knows what I mean. Ola is in my opinion one of the best co driver! AM never drove with another Co, and with Mikko he has also change the language to english. All that things could slow down.

EightGear
14th November 2012, 18:46
Yes, I remember my post as problems for AM ... yes, that means that VW dont understand that decision Ola out of Team. Jost Capito is one of many persons who support Ola after that stupid change. Monte and Sweden was planed for AM with Skoda Ogier but NOT under VW Motorsport. There are 2 or 3 Teams possible which should support AM on that two races (one from Austria!), but VW decide that all costs from that races must pay by AM himself. Before Co driver discuss VW agreed to pay ...

But it seems there is no way back ... OK, one thing could happen to see Ola back, but AM dont make it for sure ...

AM should be careful for future in his decisions, because if he dont go the speed of Ogier, there are some other fast drivers which could replace him very soon (2014). And with a new co driver, a new car ...? All who know Ola Floene, knows what I mean. Ola is in my opinion one of the best co driver! AM never drove with another Co, and with Mikko he has also change the language to english. All that things could slow down.

Thank you for sharing this info. An insight into the team which we don't usually get to see!

werner
14th November 2012, 19:00
Little more... It is still possible that Ola has said to someone that he will retire... And someone did a decision that he have to step out now, not two years from now. What I know, Ola was a very good co-driver and they like to be in same car...

Ola want to be world champion, thats the way he thought to go with AM. OK, nobody can do that job until end of their life, for sure he have to think about ending his career, but not now, not when when the step is into WRC! 3-4 years, maybe yes, also when AM is 100% with VW. And in my opinion AM needs exact for this time, new car, new team, new challenge, a man beside him who exactly knows him!

donlorean
14th November 2012, 19:08
Ola want to be world champion, thats the way he thought to go with AM. OK, nobody can do that job until end of their life, for sure he have to think about ending his career, but not now, not when when the step is into WRC! 3-4 years, maybe yes, also when AM is 100% with VW. And in my opinion AM needs exact for this time, new car, new team, new challenge, a man beside him who exactly knows him!

Ok... Your point is good and I think that you know better than I'am... It's possible that someone has said that "reason" for Mikko when he sign in...

SubaruNorway
14th November 2012, 21:35
I source working for Even Rally told me it was VW decision to make Ola leave since he had said he would do it for another 2-3 years.

TheFlyingTuga
15th November 2012, 00:28
Rumours said that Benito Guerra, PWRC Champion is on his way to Motorsport Itália car. The team principal visited the sponsors in México to get the deal..!

tolis
15th November 2012, 00:37
...on his way to Motorsport Itália car.
You mean Mini WRC. There is also an option for ERC.

Red bull
15th November 2012, 09:17
Solberg: Goodbye and farewell? - AUTOSPORT+ (http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/4968/solberg-goodbye-and-farewell/)

noel157
15th November 2012, 09:40
Hirvonen reckons he will be the main man next season, should be interesting:

Mikko Hirvonen feels ready to spearhead Citroen in 2013 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104212)

Allar
15th November 2012, 09:57
I heard Kuldar Sikk will retire from co-driving... Who will be sitting next to Tänak then? Scott Martin?

rallyfiend
15th November 2012, 10:01
I heard Kuldar Sikk will retire from co-driving... Who will be sitting next to Tänak then? Scott Martin?

Will Tanak have a need for a co-driver next year?

A FONDO
15th November 2012, 10:03
Will Tanak have a need for a co-driver next year?

Rumours say no, unless he finds 1 million.

Ezhik
15th November 2012, 11:06
Sordo signs for Citroen for the 2013 season. Source - Julian Porter

T.Maanteiden kuningas
15th November 2012, 11:17
Yep, http://www.citroen-wrc.com/en/2012/news/wrc-news/3749/dani-sordo-rejoins-citroen-racing/ (http://www.citroen-wrc.com/)

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 11:22
Hirvonen reckons he will be the main man next season, should be interesting:

Mikko Hirvonen feels ready to spearhead Citroen in 2013 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104212)

Reading between the lines so we avoid the positive self-talk that Mikko's sports psychologist has drummed into him we can learn the following:

With Citroen yet to decide Hirvonen's full-season team-mate, Ford withdrawing its works backing, and Volkswagen's WRC Polo in its debut year, Hirvonen is an early title favourite for 2013, and is confident he can live up to that billing, particularly with the majority of the season again on his favoured gravel surface.

With Dani Sordo appointed as team mate there is suddenly someone returning home who the team all liked immensely. Sordo is consistent on gravel (so Mikko can't play a waiting game in the hopes of gaining good points as he'll be competing with DS!).

"I feel really, really good," he said. "On gravel I am sure I'm ready for the fight.
"Provided that Jari Matti, Sebastian, Mads, Evgeny, Jarko, and Ott all get problems on the first day"

"It's going to be quite a different season, with Jari-Matti [Latvala] and Sebastien Ogier in a new team with Volkswagen - it's going to be exciting to see the pace of the new car.
" I hope to god it's a turkey for the first 6 rallies"

"I'm really happy to be part of such a strong team. I'm going to be ready and I'm really looking forward to it."
"But damn it I wish I had Neuville as no 2!"

The Finn's co-driver Jarmo Lehtinen said they had used the 2012 season as good preparation for next year's step up in status.
"The preparation has been mostly done for next year," said Lehtinen.
"We know the team and the car and we set ourselves targets. The first target was to know the car, the second was to deliver the manufacturers' title and the third was to put [team boss] Mr [Yves] Matton in a position where he had to give us team orders to slow down and we did this on a few rallies.

"Fortunately this was no problem as Mikko couldn't have gone any faster than Seb anyway ;) "

rage82
15th November 2012, 11:28
Dani Sordo with Citroen again! Dani Sordo rejoint Citroën Racing - Citroën WRC (http://www.citroen-wrc.com/2012/actualites/actualites-wrc/3747/dani-sordo-rejoint-citroen-racing/)

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 11:33
If the news about Kuldar is true then we have a number of musical chairs on the CD seat to contemplate.
Novikov - Giraudet or Minor or Prevot
Ostberg - Minor? (M-Sport or Prodrive?)
Mikkelsen - Markulla
Atko - Prevot?
Tanak - Martin? (But he'll be needed for the 3rd M-Sport when Nasser isn't using it! ;) or will he now be permanent for Nasser too?)
Meeke or Breen for Nagle?
Permanent CD for Jarko if he gets a full Prodrive season
Would Jonas or Ola want another season with anyone.
I can't remember a time when there was so much upheaval among the note callers

Red bull
15th November 2012, 11:40
M-Sport working on Global and European rallycross Ford - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104230?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Kielder
15th November 2012, 11:41
It's supposed that Sordo will do a full program in 2013.

Cacatua
15th November 2012, 11:42
Clever decision from Citroen, I've got this feeling that Sordo has improved and grown during this years at Prodrive and that he'll be fighting for the title.

rallye-vid
15th November 2012, 11:46
Novikov & Ostberg: works seat or no ford anymore

Junioren setzen Wilson unter Druck*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/15/junioren-setzen-wilson-unter-druck/index.html)

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 12:03

Junioren setzen Wilson unter Druck*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/11/15/junioren-setzen-wilson-unter-druck/index.html)
More interesting is the item that Ford won't release JML early for VW testing - Dog / Manger anyone?

stefanvv
15th November 2012, 12:07

Ostberg might say that. Bold statement from Novikov (or he has an ace in his sleeve).

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 12:16
Ostberg might say that. Bold statement from Novikov (or he has an ace in his sleeve).
The Ostbergs have been saying that they were talking to Citroen, M Sport and Prodrive - Now Prodrive, assuming they can run a programme, will still be likely to welcome a driver who can bring funds as team leader. So Mads may well find himself competing with Petter. This is going to be a fascinating end game over the next few weeks.As to Novikov how about the 2 Citroen teams - Abu Dhabi (Snr) MH / DS / Loeb (part)
(Jr) Novikov / Neuville when Al Qassimi isn't competing / Occasional 3rd for Chardonnet, Weijs
Mods move this to Silly Season as it's getting ridiculous!

Viking
15th November 2012, 12:30

So father Østberg play the Prodrive joker card... :)

stefanvv
15th November 2012, 12:32
Now I read the full article with help of GT :) . Novikov is kind of pushing M-Sport probably, because I don't think in Citroen Junior he'll be preferred to Neuville.
But that is correct, this must be in 2013 Silly Season

Mintexmemory
15th November 2012, 12:40
So father Østberg play the Prodrive joker card... :)

If that's the best hand he's got he should fold!!

Viking
15th November 2012, 12:56
If that's the best hand he's got he should fold!!

For sure it seems like more of an gamble than the M-Sport alternative at this point...