PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

dimviii
12th October 2012, 11:56
Jarkko Nikara joins Prodrive Mini line-up for Rally Catalunya - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103350)

nice!

Viking
12th October 2012, 14:36
MINI ceases works involvement in the WRC (http://www.samotoringnews.co.za/featured/2012/10/12/mini-ceases-works-involvement-in-the-wrc/)

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2012, 14:51
Bad NEWS!! :(

"MINI will terminate its works involvement in the FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) at the end of the 2012 season. The company has made this decision after careful consideration."

EightGear
12th October 2012, 14:54
Not surprising though. If Prodrive can get some money I still have (a little) hope...

J.Lindstroem
12th October 2012, 14:56
"The comeback" feels so ironic now. Its not worthy!

bluuford
12th October 2012, 15:00
eee.. mm.. what is different now? Prodrive still builds new parts, BMW develops engine.. What was MINI works involvement?

rallyfiend
12th October 2012, 15:02
eee.. mm.. what is different now? Prodrive still builds new parts, BMW develops engine.. What was MINI works involvement?

I would guess Prodrive might turn their attention to the S2000 / RRC version in ERC now? If they can raise the cash to pay Eurosport for the registration fee?

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2012, 15:08
MINI ceases works involvement in the WRC. / News / MINI Motorsport (http://www.minimotorsport.com/en/news/mini_ceases_works_involvement_in_the_wrc)

rallyfiend
12th October 2012, 15:13
OK Ford, your move....

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2012, 15:23
BUT here is PRODRIVE news:

prodrive (http://www.prodrive.com/p_releases.html)

pettersolberg29
12th October 2012, 15:26
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any difference just because Mini pulled out officially? They will no longer fund the Mini Portugal team (which was hopeless anyway and will mean that Nobre is gone!) but Prodrive are still going to run a team in the WRC just like last season with no less funding. Have I missed something?

EightGear
12th October 2012, 15:30
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any difference just because Mini pulled out officially? They will no longer fund the Mini Portugal team (which was hopeless anyway and will mean that Nobre is gone!) but Prodrive are still going to run a team in the WRC just like last season with no less funding. Have I missed something?

I guess you are right, but Hanninen's hopes will be dashed now, or he might be in talks with Prodrive?

rallye-vid
12th October 2012, 15:30
Yep, prodrive will still try to be the best of the rest

rallyfiend
12th October 2012, 15:32
Yep, prodrive will still try to be the best of the rest

They just won't be able to have a 'team' or score team points.

You can't do that unless the manufacturer registers.

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2012, 15:41
I cannot say anymore on this but Motorsport Italia might not continue with WRC Program with Atkinson/Nobre .

I am evil Homer
12th October 2012, 15:44
Sad to see MINI go like that but suspect Prodrive have invested too much £££ to simply let it go now. The issue is the car needs more development because it has shown speed on occasion.

Miika
12th October 2012, 15:46
Was this already here?
Motorsport Italia Team: Ciao Means Goodbye But Also Hello... (12.10.2012) (http://www.motorsport-italia.com/news_2012_News_Flash_.htm)

noel157
12th October 2012, 16:44
Was this already here?
Motorsport Italia Team: Ciao Means Goodbye But Also Hello... (12.10.2012) (http://www.motorsport-italia.com/news_2012_News_Flash_.htm)

Goodbye to Mini but hello to what?

RS
12th October 2012, 16:55
Sure we might see Prodrive continue but I guess only with pay drivers, and they were already disappointing in France even with Sordo.

RS
12th October 2012, 16:57
Jarkko Nikara joins Prodrive Mini line-up for Rally Catalunya - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103350)

Nikara is a very promising driver but I wonder whether it's really wise to go straight in at the deep end without driving a 'proper' car first...

rallyfiend
12th October 2012, 17:00
Nikara is a very promising driver but I wonder whether it's really wise to go straight in at the deep end without driving a 'proper' car first...

Or in a car that has a more secure future....

GigiGalliNo1
12th October 2012, 17:47
Exactly

AndyRAC
12th October 2012, 18:28
How not to run a Motorsport programme..... You are better keeping it in house.

A.F.F.
12th October 2012, 18:50
What gives you guys the energy to think Hänninen could be in consideration of any team? He isn't.

A FONDO
12th October 2012, 18:57
F1, Dakar, WRC... cockup after cockup for BMW. How do they expect to have a brand representative team with a handful of money? Or they even expected somebody to pay them for using the brand?

vkangas
12th October 2012, 19:07
What gives you guys the energy to think Hänninen could be in consideration of any team? He isn't.
I have to disagree. Why wouldn't he be under concideration in any team? He has won all series he has participated in last three years.

stefanvv
12th October 2012, 19:17

That might not be so if the teams were allowed 3 cars to run a WRC Rally probably. But with more manufacturers entering, there might be place for him.

COD
12th October 2012, 20:55
Some thoughts

1. Latvala case: I can see why decision is difficult. Ford has a car that has this proved to be a top contender. With Loeb gone, with Ford Latvala has his best chance ever to be a World Champion until VW gets their car together. Then stopping Ogier will be hard. BUT, Ford future is uncertain, so long term VW would be better option.

2. Solberg. Regardless of the France incident, he has made way too many mistakea this year. It was sort of acceptabe, when he was trying to beat works car in private car, but not when you are hired to be the "safe collector" of manu points.

3. Mini. Don't really get what BMW is thinking, they made the initial commitment and Prodrive produced quite a good car in the first year. It is still a good base to be a contender for wins, so why not invest? Especially as BMW as company is doing really well. If they are fed up Prodrive, then with someone else.

4. Huyndai. They have a mock up or show car, nothing else. Will be a long way before they can even compete, let a lone be competitive, so hold your horses :)

vkangas
12th October 2012, 21:18
Something from the latest Vauhdin Maailma magazine: Esapekka Lappi is really close of signing a deal with Škoda's factory team for next year.

rallye-vid
12th October 2012, 21:28
Lets hope he will grow and not end like Juho...

vkangas
12th October 2012, 21:35
Let's still hope there is something for Juho also ;)

VFTS
12th October 2012, 21:42
Something from the latest Vauhdin Maailma magazine: Esapekka Lappi is really close of signing a deal with Škoda's factory team for next year.

Its more than close.....

Plan9
13th October 2012, 07:03
They just won't be able to have a 'team' or score team points.

You can't do that unless the manufacturer registers.

That sucks. So people who drive the JCW next year will not be allowed to have their results contibute to the manufacturers table?

Also, in light of Prodrive's press release, I was wondering aside from the lack of official sponsorship, how is Prodrive's situation all that different from M-Sport? I mean Ford does not directly own Malcolm's operation...

cali
13th October 2012, 07:32
He should be! But then again he is one of my fav drivers/persons in rallying, so I'm biased ....

GigiGalliNo1
13th October 2012, 08:23
Just realized that Prodrive are saying they are and will be working towards a FULL 2013 campaign in the WRC.

I wondered how this would be so as they said the same thing with 2012... And they again, like now don't have full BMW support.

Until someone mentioned they didn't do full 2012 season because there was no confirmation on promoter and couldn't approach sponsors if they could not guarantee promotion, media and television push out. Now it makes sense so lets hope that Prodive will do a full 2013 season with two cars and proper sponsorship/advertising on their cars! :d

OldF
13th October 2012, 13:30

In the leading article it says that he is close to a deal with Skoda but in the article of Esapekka he says he have a deal for next year with Even rally made before NORF. He couldn’t say so much about his program next year but said he won’t be driving in Finland. He wants more tarmac experience.

In the leading article was also a PS. JML’s next year deal will be unveiled on the last day in Catalunya.

Mirek
13th October 2012, 13:37
Contract with Even rally and with Škoda is in no contradiction ;)

OldF
13th October 2012, 13:55
Yes of course not but would Esapekka then have a contract with both Skoda and Even rally or only with Even rally and Even rally has the contract with Skoda.

RS
13th October 2012, 13:59

Juho did grow. The problem is there is nowhere for him to grow further.

rallye-vid
13th October 2012, 14:01
That's what i mean

Sulland
13th October 2012, 17:20
Even Rally is just his management, helping him forward !
EVEN Rally (http://www.evenrally.com/)

COD
13th October 2012, 17:37
Yes of course not but would Esapekka then have a contract with both Skoda and Even rally or only with Even rally and Even rally has the contract with Skoda.

JML has a contract with Jouhki to manage him. It doesn't mean that Jouhki has contract with Ford, JML has, just pays a % to Jouhki for the management. Same here with Lappi and Even rally

OldF
13th October 2012, 20:07
OK, I’m not so familiar with these manager things but I agree with you COD in the case of JML but I don’t think Esapekka had a contract with M-Sport for this year (2012), Even rally was taking care to get a car for Esapekka. Next year is probably different. Even rally manage the negotiations for Esapekka’s behalf and Esapekka signing a contract with Skoda.

I don’t know where Cresta management fits in today but Esapekka is still on their list.

Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cresta.fi%2Ffi%2Furheilijalle%2 Fcresta-tiimin_urheilijat%2F)

mousti
13th October 2012, 20:20
I think it's same like Mikkelsen he's normally also still under EvenRally management? Eventhough he's a works driver.

Arganil
13th October 2012, 20:51
3. Mini. Don't really get what BMW is thinking, they made the initial commitment and Prodrive produced quite a good car in the first year. It is still a good base to be a contender for wins, so why not invest? Especially as BMW as company is doing really well. If they are fed up Prodrive, then with someone else.

Totally agree, but we tend to forget that touring cars racing is in BMW's DNA, not rally.

Of course rally raid isn't either, but XRaid excepctional partnership started in a very friendly and relaxed way (both companies are owned by the Quandt family).

Prodrive profit from earlier successful experiences with BMW and was able to maximize Mini rally heritage in order to influence german chiefs on an WRC engagement, but by the end of 2011 it was clear that BMW was losing confidence in Prodrive and the whole Mini WRC project.

They just kept around to prevent FIA sanctions related with the homologation process, but even this minimal WRC effort turned messy with the Motorsport Italia/Mini WRC Portugal affair.

Really, this WRC experience wasn't a joy for BMW. Good luck next time!

bt52b
14th October 2012, 00:28
The whole prodrive/Mini partnership was a waste of time. Never had one proper competitive season.

Great that prodrive got some work out it, but from a championship point of view, time wasters!

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

GigiGalliNo1
14th October 2012, 08:33
The French company making/doing x-raid have got their funds cut off by BMW

T.Maanteiden kuningas
14th October 2012, 10:19
Nokia WRC live app will be discontinued after this 2012 season.

rallye-vid
14th October 2012, 10:22
I hope for some red bull live splits WRC app ;)

GigiGalliNo1
14th October 2012, 10:29
JML signed with VW

bf1_IRL
14th October 2012, 13:55
Confirmed?

MJW
14th October 2012, 13:58
Confirmed?

As good as :-) maybe not published in some press release as yet.

AndyRAC
14th October 2012, 14:34
If true, and it seems to be, you can't blame him. He'll get paid properly, and have the benefit of the massive resources of VW. However, it is now Ogier's team...it will be hard - will he be a definite No2....??
And what of Ford?? Where does this leave them? I would have thought J-ML had a good shot at the Title next year in the Ford. Solberg/Ostberg??

noel157
14th October 2012, 14:44
Capito will take the usual approach- equal drivers, none preferred until title is at stake.

noel157
14th October 2012, 14:53
Confirmed?

Slowly getting there:

AUTOhebdo.fr | WRC - Latvala part chez Volkswagen en 2013*! (http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/article-26-1-13525/131012-wrc-latvala-part-chez-volkswagen-en-2013)

darkstar
14th October 2012, 15:08
ford totally messed it up again. they have no real titlecontender left yet to get a contract with...

sete
14th October 2012, 15:28
and you really know next year line up for Ford(M-Sport)?

vkangas
14th October 2012, 15:35
It was clear that he Latvala was tempted to continue with Ford to ave a good chance to win the championship next year but Ford could not guarantee anything after that. For Latvala this is a wise decision but for the sport I hoped he would stay with Ford and become champion next year. The worst thing I can imagine for the sport and next champion is that certain retired bloke beats next champ in rallies he selects.

For me it's hard to see Petter or Mads beating Mikko in the championship. I really hope that Malcom takes a risk and hires a certain car acrobat. Unfortunately I think it will not happen.

Andre Oliveira
14th October 2012, 15:39
Ford WRT:

Petter Solberg
Dani Sordo
Mads Ostberg (3rd driver)

TheFlyingTuga
14th October 2012, 15:54
Dani Sordo will be in Citroen next year! If Ford let JML go, I guess they wont have a real title contender next year! My guess for their line up it's Solberg, Ostberg and Tanak... but against Sordo, Hirvonen and Neuville or Latvala, Ogier and Mikkelsen I don't see how any titles are possible!

pettersolberg29
14th October 2012, 15:56
Dani Sordo will be in Citroen next year! If Ford let JML go, I guess they wont have a real title contender next year! My guess for their line up it's Solberg, Ostberg and Tanak... but against Sordo, Hirvonen and Neuville or Latvala, Ogier and Mikkelsen I don't see how any titles are possible!

I think it all depends on how good the VW is - if it still needs development then Petter is equal to Sordo and Mikko averaged across all surfaces. If Petter can improve his consistency without losing speed then there is a chance, and Ostberg can get consistent top 4s too which will help in the manufacturers. But if the VW is quick then I agree - Ford have a slower car and slower drivers than VW!

Arwel Davies
14th October 2012, 15:59
A lot of seat swapping going on then. My no1 and 2 guess would be:

Ford
Petter
Ostberg

Citroen
Mikko
Sordo + Loeb on certain rallies

VW
Ogier
Latvala

Mini
Whoever brings in the most money

pettersolberg29
14th October 2012, 16:07
A lot of seat swapping going on then. My no1 and 2 guess would be:

Ford
Petter
Ostberg

Citroen
Mikko
Sordo + Loeb on certain rallies

VW
Ogier
Latvala

Mini
Whoever brings in the most money

I think that's how it's going to play out. With Juho at Mini or testing for Hyundai ready for 2014 I'd guess.

BleAivano
14th October 2012, 16:08
Preliminary stages for Swedish Rally: Banförslag (http://www.rallysweden.com/banforslag-%E2%80%93-sa-kors-rally-sweden)

For us who only can attend Saturday's stages this really rubbish. Frediksberg and Sågen are two really
über borning stages from a spectator point of view.

I'll guess they the don't care about us "Easties". :down: :down:

Hopefully I can go on Friday but if not i probably won't bother going in 2013.

Messi
14th October 2012, 16:17
Why not PG in Ford? Look what he did last year in Sardinia and Sweden in a Ford. I think he is faster than Östberg.

noel157
14th October 2012, 16:21
Why not PG in Ford? Look what he did last year in Sardinia and Sweden in a Ford. I think he is faster than Östberg.

I would agree, PG is a lot faster than many give him credit for. Unfortunately, like one or two others, he's becoming the forgotten man.

Juha_Koo
14th October 2012, 16:33
It would help a lot if he could keep it on the road...

DonJippo
14th October 2012, 16:44
ford totally messed it up again. they have no real titlecontender left yet to get a contract with...

Is there any Ford team for a title contender to sign a contract with ...

rallyfiend
14th October 2012, 16:57
Is there any Ford team for a title contender to sign a contract with ...

Exactly. No point speculating on drivers for a team that may not be there. I can understand why all and sundry are taking contracts elsewhere.

noel157
14th October 2012, 17:02
There will be a Ford team I would imagine. No point wasting, or indeed breaching, the final year of the contract.
Should be a couple of RRC cars for the ERC too maybe.

rallyfiend
14th October 2012, 17:05
Every contract has exit clauses. I'm sure Ford would be able to walk away without penalty.

Barreis
14th October 2012, 17:11
Well, after Gronholm ford didn't have title contender, he gave them two manufacturers titles.

noel157
14th October 2012, 17:23
Every contract has exit clauses. I'm sure Ford would be able to walk away without penalty.

FMC generally don't do things like that.

noel157
14th October 2012, 17:26
The Space Shuttle needs a driver, looks like it just had an off. Stuck behind a tree.... :)

J.Lindstroem
14th October 2012, 17:57
I would agree, PG is a lot faster than many give him credit for. Unfortunately, like one or two others, he's becoming the forgotten man.

People from time to time tend to bet PG in a Ford and i can say that will most likely not happen. MW gave him a chance and he blew it. You dont get more chances then what have have had...

Rallyper
14th October 2012, 18:00
People from time to time tend to bet PG in a Ford and i can say that will most likely not happen. MW gave him a chance and he blew it. You dont get more chances then what have have had...

I´m not talking about PG, more in general. Don´t you think MW gave some guys more than one chance? And PG wasn´t given one chance. He had to pay for a drive - and blew it. That´s correct. But I do believe he might get more chances in many teams.

sollitt
14th October 2012, 20:28
Exactly. No point speculating on drivers for a team that may not be thereNo point speculating on drivers for any team. All will come out in due course.

Co-FIN
14th October 2012, 20:44
I think Ford should consider hiring Hänninen for next year...

noel157
14th October 2012, 21:02
No point speculating on drivers for any team. All will come out in due course.

Not much point in having a forum then?

It's called discussion, chat etc. You'll find it's quite common in life.

noel157
14th October 2012, 21:05
I think Ford should consider hiring Hänninen for next year...

They could do a lot worse. He wouldn't disappoint.

A.F.F.
14th October 2012, 21:37
Nice. For years we whined about the championship... the lack of drivers and teams. Now, when VW finally step in, Mini and probably Ford will step out. Huyindai's try might end up like Suzuki's or Nissan's... the result is that we have TWO teams with same drivers to follow. Yieppee cay yeah mf :mark:

Barreis
14th October 2012, 21:45
After all mini was here for homologations, didn't have real shot.

sollitt
14th October 2012, 22:33
Nice. For years we whined about the championship... the lack of drivers and teams. Now, when VW finally step in, Mini and probably Ford will step out. Huyindai's try might end up like Suzuki's or Nissan's... the result is that we have TWO teams with same drivers to follow. Yieppee cay yeah mf :mark: Glass half empty eh?

Maui J.
14th October 2012, 22:40
Nice. For years we whined about the championship... the lack of drivers and teams. Now, when VW finally step in, Mini and probably Ford will step out. Huyindai's try might end up like Suzuki's or Nissan's... the result is that we have TWO teams with same drivers to follow. Yieppee cay yeah mf :mark:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone was complaining about the abundance of unemployed drivers, now they are complaining there isn't enough drivers around to fill the factory seats.

I do agree though that if JML does go to VW, it will take a title contender and turn him into a support driver.
Wilson finds himself in a dilemma now. Will Ford want 2 Norwegians (Petters & Mads) in the same team? Does M-Sport have money to hire drivers or will they need to bring money with them.

Options for him... Solberg, Ostberg, PG, Atko, Tanak, Hanninen and Novikov. Unfortunately none seem like title contenders.

noel157
14th October 2012, 22:49
Don't think M-Sport "hire" drivers, do they?

gravelman
14th October 2012, 23:12

They hire out the spaces they sit in

AndyRAC
14th October 2012, 23:27

And that has been their problem for years. Not enough backing from Ford. To run a proper programme requires money.
I can remember the day they signed McRae to a six figure salary.....it was mainstream news over here. Then Sainz signed, and then Martini as headline sponsor.......

Is Ostberg ready to lead a 'works' team? Would they take a gamble on him?

I'd like to know, and soon what are RedBull's plans - it might help teams pull in sponsors if we/they know what we can expect. Which is why I though BMW/MINI might give it one more season.

bt52b
15th October 2012, 00:03
I'd like to know, and soon what are RedBull's plans - it might help teams pull in sponsors if we/they know what we can expect.

Would be a start if they signed a contract

stefanvv
15th October 2012, 01:09
The Space Shuttle needs a driver, looks like it just had an off. Stuck behind a tree.... :)

The change driver needs immediate medical assistance from a shrink....
Don't you hate this bull****

After that will quit Rallying for good...

GigiGalliNo1
15th October 2012, 01:12
Take it like this. Solberg will leave the WRC if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Østberg will leave if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Both don't, won't AND cannot pay to drive in 2013. Both have said this recently and it'll reflect on the decision M-Sport will make for 2013.

RS
15th October 2012, 09:40
The worst thing I can imagine for the sport and next champion is that certain retired bloke beats next champ in rallies he selects.

I would think that is a highly likely scenario. The current generation will have to live with the fact that they never beat Loeb in a straight fight.

AndyRAC
15th October 2012, 10:06
Take it like this. Solberg will leave the WRC if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Østberg will leave if he doesn't get a factory seat.

Both don't, won't AND cannot pay to drive in 2013. Both have said this recently and it'll reflect on the decision M-Sport will make for 2013.

To be honest - why should they have to pay for a seat?? One is a former World Champion, who I still think has something to offer, the other is a promising youngster, with a WRC win to his name....albeit fortuitously.

Brother John
15th October 2012, 11:18
https://www.facebook.com/henk.vandersypt/posts/4049789639326?ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/pages/Prodrive/110767835619865For those who didn't hear the news on Friday, here is our reaction to MINI's statement that they will not be supporting works teams from the end of this season. You may already be aware that the Prodrive WRC Team has not been the works team this year. BTW you will also see that the Finnish young driver Jarkko Nikara will be driving alongside Dani in Spain next month.

Prodrive focussed on 2013 MI...NI campaign

Prodrive is continuing to target a full programme of events in the World Rally Championship in 2013 backed up by a comprehensive development programme for both the MINI John Cooper Works WRC and S2000 cars.

This follows the announcement today by MINI that it remains committed to rallying and that BMW Motorsport would continue to develop the car’s 1.6 turbo engine in conjunction with Prodrive, despite MINI ceasing direct financial support for its works team in the WRC in 2013.

Prodrive’s existing long term contract with MINI remains unchanged. This ensures the sales, support and development of the MINI John Cooper Works WRC and S2000 cars, as well as the supply of engines and parts from BMW Motorsport for use by all teams in the WRC, regional and national rallies throughout the full homologation period of the car to 2018.

The Prodrive WRC Team has operated as an independent, private team since early 2012 and will continue to do so in 2013 with the aim of adding to the three WRC podium places already achieved by Dani Sordo.

“We understand MINI’s decision and in the current challenging economic climate it was not unexpected. It is however good news that MINI remains enthusiastic about the WRC and wishes to see MINI rally cars continuing to run competitively in the WRC and other championships. We look forward to continuing to work with MINI and BMW Motorsport to maximise the performance of both WRC and S2000 MINIs on behalf of our mutual customers and our own WRC team,“ said Richard Taylor, Business Development Director at Prodrive.

“We have been developing our own plans for 2013 WRC participation with the MINI John Cooper Works and will announce next season’s Prodrive WRC Team entry and driver details in the due course. We have a number of further enhancements to engine, chassis and transmission scheduled for introduction in the first quarter of 2013 and look forward to making these available to our many rally partners, who already operate MINI JCW cars around the world,” continued Taylor.

The Prodrive WRC Team is now concentrating on preparations for Rally Spain in November where it will run two MINI John Cooper Works WRC cars for Dani Sordo and the young Finnish driver, Jarkko Nikara.

jbmarcus21
15th October 2012, 12:18
My Photos of Paris Motorshow 2012 Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2012 | Facebook (http://on.fb.me/X9UqbZ)

dimviii
15th October 2012, 12:55
My Photos of Paris Motorshow 2012 Mondial de l'Automobile Paris 2012 | Facebook (http://on.fb.me/X9UqbZ)

:eek:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522222_10151249517605733_156160251_n.jpg

kober
15th October 2012, 13:24
According to wrc.com (http://www.wrc.com/news/more-mini-magic-expected-in-2013-wrc/?fid=17663), Motorsport Italia is "working on linking up with a new manufacturer", so Prodrive's might be the only Mini WRC on the stages next year.

dimviii
15th October 2012, 13:31
SAINZ Y MOYA PIENSAN CORRER EL ACRÓPOLIS O ARGENTINA CON EL VW POLO EN 2013 | RallyReportWRC (http://www.rallyreportwrc.com/2012/10/14/sainz-y-moya-piensan-en-correr-el-acropolis-o-argentina-con-el-vw-polo-en-2013/)

ste898
15th October 2012, 13:55
I would think that is a highly likely scenario. The current generation will have to live with the fact that they never beat Loeb in a straight fight.

I doubt any drivers if any will loose any sleep over not beating Loeb

My god why does everything come back to him!!!

dimviii
15th October 2012, 13:58
I doubt any drivers if any will loose any sleep over not beating Loeb

My god why does everything come back to him!!!

cause he is the benchmark.10 years haven t understood yet?

Mirek
15th October 2012, 14:05
Please, don't quote stupid posts. You make ignore list non-working ;)

dimviii
15th October 2012, 14:22
Please, don't quote stupid posts. You make ignore list non-working ;)

sorry Mirek i will not do it again. :D

makinen_fan
15th October 2012, 15:46
Bad news for WRC. Ford withdraws as an official entry from championship at end of season

Red bull
15th October 2012, 15:54
What does this mean???? Ford Rally ‏@FordWRC (https://twitter.com/FordWRC)Ford will withdraw from @OfficialWRC (https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC) as title sponsor after 2012.#FordWRC (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FordWRC&src=hash) thanks its fans, drivers and many partners for their support

orite (https://twitter.com/#)[/*:m:pgpt6uwv]

makinen_fan
15th October 2012, 15:55
Ford of Europe has today announced that it will withdraw from the FIA World Rally Championship as a title sponsor after the 2012 season.
"Ford has a long and proud history in the WRC and this was not an easy decision," said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. "We have great respect for M-Sport and Malcolm Wilson, who have run the Ford WRC team since 1997, and there is no organisation with more expertise and commitment to winning. Working together, we have reached a point where the Ford Fiesta has become the car of choice in rallying, and we want to see this continue in the future."
Ford WRC wishes to thank its fans, drivers, the FIA and its many WRC partners, including team main sponsors BP and Castrol, for their support and commitment.

Their PR release in Facebook

A Mini-Prodrive thing all over again... Hope it does not end up as badly as that one

dimviii
15th October 2012, 15:58
the only postive is maybe Castrol and bp want to continue with another team.
so Jari at vw ,Petter???Mads? Maybe the reason Prokop sold his fiesta...

rallyfiend
15th October 2012, 16:02
Castrol and BP will go wherever Ford tell them to go. If that means stay with M-sPort, then that is what will happen.

TyPat107
15th October 2012, 16:05
Wow back to a two manufacture race just as things were looking up with coverage and other manus entering. Shocked

EightGear
15th October 2012, 16:07
I'm pissed.

dimviii
15th October 2012, 16:08
Wasn t a 2 year deal with M-sport last year?

rallyfiend
15th October 2012, 16:13
Wasn t a 2 year deal with M-sport last year?

Like I said a few days ago - there are always ways out of things. Performance related clauses being a key one...

Allyc85
15th October 2012, 16:13
Gutted. Such a big kick in the bollocks for the WRC when the future was looking good :( :mad:

dimviii
15th October 2012, 16:14
Like I said a few days ago - there are always ways out of things. Performance related clauses being a key one...

yes there are ways out of things,but for free?

stefanvv
15th October 2012, 16:15
yes there are ways out of things,but for free?

May be, if there is clause for some delivery...

dimviii
15th October 2012, 16:15
Novikov avec DMack en Catalogne (http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/2012/10/15/novikov-avec-dmack-en-catalogne/)

GigiGalliNo1
15th October 2012, 16:16
Subaru paid Prodrive 10-15million to pull out, hope Ford do this with M-Sport

Shocking news to end my night in Australia!

Red bull
15th October 2012, 16:25
M-SPORT PRESS RELEASE (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/1259-m-sport-press-release)

Brother John
15th October 2012, 16:26
Gutted. Such a big kick in the bollocks for the WRC when the future was looking good :( :mad:

A year ago it was not good that I wanted to speak in another thread about what would happen with WRc in the future.
Now there are the results of what I predicted. Many would not know how the wrc rally's future will look like. I hope to have it remain.

EightGear
15th October 2012, 16:32
A year ago it was not good that I wanted to speak in another thread about what would happen with WRc in the future.
Now there are the results of what I predicted. Many would not know how the wrc rally's future will look like. I hope to have it remain.

Yes you are fantastic.

Red bull
15th October 2012, 16:36
M-Sport to evaluate options after Ford ends works support - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103467?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

GigiGalliNo1
15th October 2012, 16:38
I'm 100% confident that if Abu Dhabi didn't come to sponsor Citroen in the WRC they too would have been out! Guarantee!

A.F.F.
15th October 2012, 16:42

I hate to be right all the time :(

But hey, we have a brand new promoter. Too bad they don't have much to promote anymore.....

Juha_Koo
15th October 2012, 16:42
Shocked. For fcks sake, why it had to go like this, once again...

GigiGalliNo1
15th October 2012, 16:46
Now we should buy Ford WRC gear from their shop! We get a free iPhone case!! Sweet deal

Miika
15th October 2012, 17:06
"Only wins will d.. f#ck it, might as well retire."

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/5058/fordhumour.jpg

vkangas
15th October 2012, 17:13
Shocked. For fcks sake, why it had to go like this, once again...
Agree. Without Loeb lets just hope that Petter takes the crown next year for M-sport. Like Brawn did with Honda's car in F1 :)

whosyo
15th October 2012, 17:14
WRC's future is getting darker and darker...
Why do they have to leave this kind of great sport like this :(

T.Maanteiden kuningas
15th October 2012, 17:33
Hah, we have again Finns in both factory teams! This is looking sweet. Good thing that Mikko left to Citroen and Jari-Matti have deal to VW. It was right time left sinking blue oval. Back to the future....

rallyfiend
15th October 2012, 17:35
Can Malcolm make it to Korea and back in time for Rally Sardinia?

noel157
15th October 2012, 17:56
So much for me thinking FMC wouldn't jump ship.......

If Papa Wilson does a DIY Fiesta WRC effort next year presume it'll be as a private entrant or......

bt52b
15th October 2012, 17:58
The Ford exit story should be in a separate thread.

News & rumours - is big enough to be a WRC sub forum

Dumb to lose so much by having such a massive thread

rp
15th October 2012, 18:01
Very bad decision by Ford!

Last year they made the contract with M-Sport and it was clear that it will cover both the season 2012 and 2013. Once again it was showed that you can never trust anything in the motorsport.

It has to be remember that Ford´s financial support to M-Sport has been very weak and it is impossible to beat Citroën if resources are not in the same level. Same would have been with Volkswagen in the future.

But if M-Sport is able to find good sponsors it will be possible to repeat the story of the season 1981. Ford had pulled out after the season 1979 and David Sutton Cars continued privately with the backing from Rothmans.

Mikkola was 2nd WRC for Drivers during the season 1980 and Vatanen won the WRC title in 1981. The one and only real private team to win the Championship (I do not count Kronos/Loeb. The car was from Citroën Racing) and still the last time Ford driver has won the title.

It is possible that history will repeat itself. Now M-Sport only need one Finnish driver to lead the private team! And if Latvala has signed with VW they is another driver to be ready...

noel157
15th October 2012, 18:05
Maybe not a lot will change for 2013. M-Sport will still enter with current cars, ok, they may be pushed down to P3 but.......

Barreis
15th October 2012, 18:09
M-sport sucks.

EightGear
15th October 2012, 18:10
A far as I understand, it is not certain M-Sport will be there next year. But my God I do hope it. And hopefully with two strong drivers!

*Fingers crossed!*

T.Maanteiden kuningas
15th October 2012, 18:16
Lot of laughing! :)

Everyone was complaining and criticizing FORD and M-SPORT. Now maybe both are gone and there is people crying after them...

Carry on.

EightGear
15th October 2012, 18:17
Lot of laughing! :)

Everyone was complaining and criticizing FORD and M-SPORT. Now maybe both are gone and there is people crying after them...

Carry on.

The difference is you only care about the Holy Finns, the rest of us care about the sport itself...

T.Maanteiden kuningas
15th October 2012, 18:19
Finns are not HOLY but otherwise I AGREE. Me ollaan vaan kännissä. We are just drunk.

wrc1600
15th October 2012, 18:30
We going back to old times where there were no factory teams, if Citroen withdraws next year for WTCC sake then WRC is done. It will be more like DIY WRC...

RS
15th October 2012, 18:40
But if M-Sport is able to find good sponsors

The key word there is if. Realistically I don't think there is any company willing to throw the kind of money away to support an entire WRC campaign for two top level drivers. The best they can hope for is maybe a couple of pay drivers like Ostberg scraping together some kind of programme, but even then I don't think they would have enough money to keep up. Look at Prodrive, they have already started to fall back in pace judging by Sordo's performance in France.

darkstar
15th October 2012, 18:41
i dont think its that bad. m sport shurely will be there next season, maybe with less money but that´s it. who know´s, maybe they come back again for 2014 then.

Josti
15th October 2012, 18:50
A major blow, and of course ´the current economic climate´ is used as an excuse. Motorsport is a part of marketing, it has a huge following. For Ford, WRC is their destination. I don´t see what they would gain from a WTCC entry for example. If they do nothing, even worse.

And to think they confirmed for the 2013 season. They lied...

J.Lindstroem
15th October 2012, 18:54
Very bad decision by Ford!

Last year they made the contract with M-Sport and it was clear that it will cover both the season 2012 and 2013. Once again it was showed that you can never trust anything in the motorsport.

It has to be remember that Ford´s financial support to M-Sport has been very weak and it is impossible to beat Citroën if resources are not in the same level. Same would have been with Volkswagen in the future.

But if M-Sport is able to find good sponsors it will be possible to repeat the story of the season 1981. Ford had pulled out after the season 1979 and David Sutton Cars continued privately with the backing from Rothmans.

Mikkola was 2nd WRC for Drivers during the season 1980 and Vatanen won the WRC title in 1981. The one and only real private team to win the Championship (I do not count Kronos/Loeb. The car was from Citroën Racing) and still the last time Ford driver has won the title.

It is possible that history will repeat itself. Now M-Sport only need one Finnish driver to lead the private team! And if Latvala has signed with VW they is another driver to be ready...

You gotta learn from this guy. Positive thinking at it's best!

Are you refering to Hänninen? If so, do you think he has enough money. Not M-sport needs someone with some serious cash. Wouldn't be suprised if a driver like Pons or something got a drive...

Josti
15th October 2012, 18:58
i dont think its that bad. m sport shurely will be there next season, maybe with less money but that´s it. who know´s, maybe they come back again for 2014 then.

Less money is nothing new, we´ve seen the result over the years. Even less money certaintly doesn't help their cause, if there's gonna be one.

wrc1600
15th October 2012, 19:00
Just wondering in what degree tihs decision has anything to do with luck of WRC marketing and TV coverage. As I remember BMW claimed that as a main reason of withdrawing also remember constant complains form all teams. Does FIA shoot in their foot?

dimviii
15th October 2012, 19:03
Does anybody knows which is the annual turnover of M-sport?

wrc1600
15th October 2012, 19:11
Does anybody knows which is the annual turnover of M-sport?

Mr Wilson is doing very well, but I don't think he would spend on M-Sport WRT "marketing".

RS
15th October 2012, 19:16
Just wondering in what degree tihs decision has anything to do with luck of WRC marketing and TV coverage. As I remember BMW claimed that as a main reason of withdrawing also remember constant complains form all teams. Does FIA shoot in their foot?

I would say that has a huge effect. You could run a whole WRC team quite well probably on the pay of one top line footballer or F1 driver for example, but WRC has little or no media coverage. This is why I also cannot see a big money sponsor coming in, unless it is someone with money coming out of all their orrifices like Abu-Dhabi.

dimviii
15th October 2012, 19:17
Mr Wilson is doing very well, but I don't think he would spend on M-Sport WRT "marketing".

Mr Wilson earns 17 years because Ford involved at wrc.Is it so hard for him to spend the profit from 10 cars out of 100 for 1 year only to hire proper drivers ?
Tired to hear about ''small budget'' for years,while at same time he rents- service- build -sell wrc/s2000/r2 cars all over the world for 17 years.
Anybody to know the annual turnover?

wrc1600
15th October 2012, 19:26
Lets hope Redbull does good job and brings in more teams otherwise we should tune in to Eurosport and they can rename ERC to WRC.

Red bull
15th October 2012, 19:26
M-Sport plans for ERC (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Bestofrallylive/News/M-Sport-plans-for-ERC)

wrc1600
15th October 2012, 19:31
Mr Wilson earns 17 years because Ford involved at wrc.Is it so hard for him to spend the profit from 10 cars out of 100 for 1 year only to hire proper drivers ?
Tired to hear about ''small budget'' for years,while at same time he rents- service- build -sell wrc/s2000/r2 cars all over the world for 17 years.
Probably only Mr Wilson knows, if you can find out how many times he rented cars and multiply that by some 180000E plus Ford money then it migt be rough estimate.

anthonyvop
15th October 2012, 19:33
A major blow, and of course ´the current economic climate´ is used as an excuse. Motorsport is a part of marketing, it has a huge following. For Ford, WRC is their destination. I don´t see what they would gain from a WTCC entry for example. If they do nothing, even worse.

I think Ford knows what works, what gives a better ROI and where their money would be better spent than you do.

And to think they confirmed for the 2013 season. They lied...

Budgets change. Ford Motorsport was 100% sure they were going to continue then the marketing Dept came up with a different idea.

dimviii
15th October 2012, 19:37
Probably only Mr Wilson knows, if you can find out how many times he rented cars and multiply that by some 180000E plus Ford money then it migt be rough estimate.
you have to calculate how many s2000/rrc fiestas have sold last years,and that 15-12-10-8-6 years old wrc cars(about 200 items all over the world) still buy engines-turbo-wishbones everything from M-sport.We are talking for more than 500 customers.....
But yeah.... budget from Ford is small...

Red bull
15th October 2012, 19:42
This is the time Ken block's Monster Energy should come to Ford's rescue.

EightGear
15th October 2012, 19:44
This is the time Ken block's Monster Energy should come to Ford's rescue.

Says Red Bull :D

IF M-Sport manage to get a big sponsor, they might be better of that way instead of the little money Ford would have payed them.

BDunnell
15th October 2012, 20:10

Why? Yes, Ford has a great motorsport heritage, but that's pretty much all it is — heritage. Its success in any form of motorsport has been slim to non-existent for some time now. And all but the most optimistic observer would surely agree that the benefits associated with WRC involvement have decreased substantially of late. The decision won't even look foolish if M-Sport miraculously wins both titles next year as a non-works entry, because the overall state of the WRC is such that, for Ford, there would still have been little point in taking part as a manufacturer. What is there to gain in commercial terms from winning a WRC title these days?

One has to wonder what the future now holds. VW versus Hyundai from 2014? Or a complete rethink — a 'back to basics' approach, perhaps?

ste898
15th October 2012, 20:20
I cannot believe that this massive blow for WRC is stuck in this thread

If it was a french team pulling out my god it would be everywhere

stefanvv
15th October 2012, 20:55
IF M-Sport manage to get a big sponsor, they might be better of that way instead of the little money Ford would have payed them.

Don't want to sound too negative, but what makes you think M-Sport would invest much more in WRC alone, than with Ford support. If they were willing to probably would do it by now as their business is quite good. I hope I'm wrong though...

EightGear
15th October 2012, 21:04
Don't want to sound too negative, but what makes you think M-Sport would invest much more in WRC alone, than with Ford support. If they were willing to probably would do it by now as their business is quite good. I hope I'm wrong though...

I'm not thinking or expecting anything. What I meant was that IF, and I know it is a big IF, a company like Monster will sponsor M-Sport, they might spend as much money as Ford has been paying M-Sport the past years (not much).

But really there is no point in speculating about such things. We'll see how it will turn out.

Francis44
15th October 2012, 21:13
In all honesty, Ford was a dead duck in the sport for quite some years now. I think the championship will still get better in the next few years.

Ford out, VW and Hyundai in. It was just a question of time until pseudo-official Ford team were lost in the middle of more powerfull official entry's.

Josti
15th October 2012, 21:13
Why? Yes, Ford has a great motorsport heritage, but that's pretty much all it is — heritage. Its success in any form of motorsport has been slim to non-existent for some time now. And all but the most optimistic observer would surely agree that the benefits associated with WRC involvement have decreased substantially of late. The decision won't even look foolish if M-Sport miraculously wins both titles next year as a non-works entry, because the overall state of the WRC is such that, for Ford, there would still have been little point in taking part as a manufacturer. What is there to gain in commercial terms from winning a WRC title these days?

That´s why I hoped they would´ve stayed at least for 2013, when a new promoter is in force (albeit the details thus far are quite vague), aswell as some rule changes. But for sure they need to make rallies worth winning again.

Nornbugger
15th October 2012, 22:17
M-sport sucks.

maybe I'm the only person who thinks so, but I've said it here before and I'll say it again, MSport did a good job all things considered

Nornbugger
15th October 2012, 22:21

turnover would of course be very high, maybe its the profit you are actually interested in? And exactly why would it be sensible for Malcolm Wilson to spend all his savings promoting someone elses product in a dying championship??

spiderem
16th October 2012, 03:26
So, with JML and Ogier fighting for the championship with a "yet to confirm fast and reliable car", M-Sport with no drivers and no support, Prodrive god knows, it will actually be Mikko's year in 2013!
I'd like him to be world champ as he really deserves it...

Prisoner Monkeys
16th October 2012, 04:25
Can anybody really blame Ford for withdrawing?

I've heard that Citroen are spending more on their drivers than Ford are on their entire WRC programme this year. If that's the case, then Ford would have to increase their commitment just to try and compete with Citroen - and even then, there would be no guarantees of success, even with Loeb doing half a season.

Personally, I think the FIA should step in and either introduce a budget cap, or ban works support.

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2012, 05:02
Monster can sponsor M-Sport as a major sponsor even if Red Bull are the media rights holders of the WRC. They are not title sponsors. If they were it would be Red Bull WRC. But Red Bull are sponsoring VW for 2013 and you can spot other sports with Red Bull who are the lead sponsor and other brands on cars/bikes/teams etc.

Leon
16th October 2012, 05:18
did anyone hear anything from the new promoters of the WRC about their strategy/plans for next year?

too quiet for me

stefanvv
16th October 2012, 05:35
Can anybody really blame Ford for withdrawing?

I've heard that Citroen are spending more on their drivers than Ford are on their entire WRC programme this year. If that's the case, then Ford would have to increase their commitment just to try and compete with Citroen - and even then, there would be no guarantees of success, even with Loeb doing half a season.

Personally, I think the FIA should step in and either introduce a budget cap, or ban works support.

Loeb only is even enough :D

Prisoner Monkeys
16th October 2012, 06:40
Monster can sponsor M-Sport as a major sponsor even if Red Bull are the media rights holders of the WRC. They are not title sponsors. If they were it would be Red Bull WRC.
Even then, I don't think they'd have the power to stop a team accepting money from a sponsor because that sponsor is one of Red Bull's competitors. It would be anti-competitive.

Iskald
16th October 2012, 09:25
Petter Solberg visited Paris yesterday...Strong rumours has it that he, Mads Østberg and Dani Sordo is in the fight for a Citroën seat. Mini/Prodrive won`t get any support from BMW, except for a new engine homologation, and will not run as a factory team in 2013. M-Sport (Malcolm Wilson) wants to run Huyndai. Ford will quit. (and thats the reason for Latvala not staying with M-Sport and moving to VW) How`s that for a little shake-up?

Without trying to sound smug (!!!). What did I predict? The source turned out to be quite reliable. Ford is indeed quitting, and the silly season is suddenly much more silly!

dimviii
16th October 2012, 12:25
turnover would of course be very high, maybe its the profit you are actually interested in?
yes my bad,profit is the right word.

And exactly why would it be sensible for Malcolm Wilson to spend all his savings promoting someone elses product in a dying championship??

someones else product? Its his products,from licence from Ford.Nobody said all his savings,but when you sell 30-40 cars annually and service about 200-400? you are not missing 2-3 millions.Other rally teams are profitable with just reselling M-sports/peugeot sport/prodrive etc spares and servicing 2-4-6 cars.Figure out the profit when you actually build all these spares/cars.

dimviii
16th October 2012, 12:48
maybe I'm the only person who thinks so, but I've said it here before and I'll say it again, MSport did a good job all things considered

agree.But they could better.

GigiGalliNo1
16th October 2012, 13:44
Even then, I don't think they'd have the power to stop a team accepting money from a sponsor because that sponsor is one of Red Bull's competitors. It would be anti-competitive.

Thats what I said

Arganil
17th October 2012, 03:58
Petter Solberg visited Paris yesterday...Strong rumours has it that he, Mads Østberg and Dani Sordo is in the fight for a Citroën seat. Mini/Prodrive won`t get any support from BMW, except for a new engine homologation, and will not run as a factory team in 2013. M-Sport (Malcolm Wilson) wants to run Huyndai. Ford will quit. (and thats the reason for Latvala not staying with M-Sport and moving to VW) How`s that for a little shake-up?

Well done Iskald! Source highly reliable. Please don't be shy to share these kind of infos!

Just left to confirm Hyundai/MSport partnership. By the way, what can you tell about other possible MSport deal, the Bentley GT3 programme?

rv65
17th October 2012, 04:11
Well done Iskald! Source highly reliable. Please don't be shy to share these kind of infos!

Just left to confirm Hyundai/MSport partnership. By the way, what can you tell about other possible MSport deal, the Bentley GT3 programme?

Actually, Hyundai wants to do the program in house and they have Michele Nandan as the head engineer. Car is being developed initially at Hyundai R&D in Namyang, South Korea, and then will be finished off in a facility in the Frankfurt area.

TheFlyingTuga
17th October 2012, 05:19
did anyone hear anything from the new promoters of the WRC about their strategy/plans for next year?

too quiet for me

Something like this comes to my mind

vkangas
17th October 2012, 06:52
Michele Nandan as the head engineer.
Is this from a reliable source?

Antony Warmbold
17th October 2012, 08:08
Is this from a reliable source?

This info has been floating in the french press, so no, not reliable.

Psycho!
17th October 2012, 08:10
OFFICIAL!!!JML goes to VW,according to rallye magazin!!!!Hope the best for him in a new start!!!Bring the fight on!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
17th October 2012, 08:20
Hey Europe, wake up. JML signed with VW for 2013!

Roy
17th October 2012, 08:40
Volkswagen signs Jari-Matti Latvala - Volkswagen Motorsport (http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/web/news/index.php?&flash=ok&lg=e&st=637&id=5160)

rage82
17th October 2012, 08:58
Jari-Matti to VW - iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00002181)

RS
17th October 2012, 09:13
Well despite losing Ford, next year could still be quite interesting. IMO this means VW will have the faster drivers but Citroen maybe the more reliable ones.

Brother John
17th October 2012, 09:24
OFFICIAL!!!JML goes to VW,according to rallye magazin!!!!Hope the best for him in a new start!!!Bring the fight on!!!!

Offiziell: Latvala geht zu VW*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/10/17/offiziell-latvala-geht-zu-vw/index.html)

Leon
17th October 2012, 09:27
Volkswagen signs Jari-Matti Latvala - Volkswagen Motorsport (http://www.volkswagen-motorsport.com/web/news/index.php?&flash=ok&lg=e&st=637&id=5160)

Man, how much I hate press releases.......

17th October 2012, 09:31
Awesome news for Jari-Matti. VW better employ a couple more panel beaters, hopefully he can be consistent but

stefanvv
17th October 2012, 10:05

Well, VW made their dream team right from the start, didn't they. The car development is also quite this year. I expect they can score victories not far long from 2013 season start. Probably Ford quit faded away the last doubt to make this happen, now the question is which will be their drivers and how well M-Sport will do without the Factory financial support :confused:

Good luck to him in the brand new team.

GigiGalliNo1
17th October 2012, 15:22
Qatar to sponsor M-Sport

Roy
17th October 2012, 15:35
Qatar to sponsor M-Sport

Link? Source? We had early heard a false rumour about Qutar and Citroen... :\

A FONDO
17th October 2012, 16:11

Just a speculation that all of the third-class sites copy-paste among themselves

Andre Oliveira
17th October 2012, 19:38
M-Sport Ford Norge Team

Iskald
17th October 2012, 20:28
Thats a good team-name! ;-)

A.F.F.
17th October 2012, 20:48
It lack the word "oil" dear Iskald ;)

EightGear
17th October 2012, 21:09
Hayden Paddon twitter:

Excited to announce @RedBull as a major partner to our rally team for WRC Rally of Spain. Pedal to the metal! #WRC

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads6/507f10d745920/507f10d7416be-paddon.jpg

Andre Oliveira
17th October 2012, 23:34
Drivers, obviously: Solberg and Ostberg

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2012, 01:51
JML on VW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z5mBPtVQsGs

leighton323
18th October 2012, 04:22
Hayden Paddon twitter:

Excited to announce @RedBull as a major partner to our rally team for WRC Rally of Spain. Pedal to the metal! #WRC

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads6/507f10d745920/507f10d7416be-paddon.jpg

Told ya I was right (;

Red bull
18th October 2012, 12:35
Autonews Magazine » WRC » Ford avec le Qatar comme partenaire ? (http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=26713)

kirungi okwogera
19th October 2012, 00:03
I hope this is the beginning of a good partnership - or at least a result that lets Hayden find the budget to continue his career path. He has too much potential just to be priced out and not make the WRC.

Maui J.
19th October 2012, 02:18
Pics of the new Possum Bourne Motorsport prepared Subaru BRZ.

Possum Bourne Motorsport Subaru BRZ - Motoring - NZ Herald Pictures (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/image.cfm?c_id=9&gal_objectid=10841505&gallery_id=128585#9912810)

Rally Hokkaido
19th October 2012, 02:44
I believe this car has been built for Subaru Australia to use as a factory entry in Targa Tasmania and other Australian tarmac events. Though a production 4WD BRZ will eventually be marketed, I can't see how this model will have any connection with Subaru's return to WRC.

Pics of the new Possum Bourne Motorsport prepared Subaru BRZ.

Possum Bourne Motorsport Subaru BRZ - Motoring - NZ Herald Pictures (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/image.cfm?c_id=9&gal_objectid=10841505&gallery_id=128585#9912810)

Maui J.
19th October 2012, 03:30
I believe this car has been built for Subaru Australia to use as a factory entry in Targa Tasmania and other Australian tarmac events. Though a production 4WD BRZ will eventually be marketed, I can't see how this model will have any connection with Subaru's return to WRC.

Hey Hokkaido, I agree. I don't think it's got anything to do with a WRC return either. I just stumbled across it today and thought I would share. Just a little bit of semi-rallying news that others may have an interest in.

Mirek
19th October 2012, 08:29
Rally Hokkaido, any signs of the R5 development from STi? Quite many people speaking about that (including IRC director Jean-Pierre Nicolas)...

Donney
19th October 2012, 09:46
That Subaru looks good, although I miss a bit of rear spoiler :p :

Rally Hokkaido
19th October 2012, 10:38
Rally Hokkaido, any signs of the R5 development from STi? Quite many people speaking about that (including IRC director Jean-Pierre Nicolas)... I will ask my sources. ATM, all I know is that they are developing a 1.6l turbo engine. The production engine was displayed at 2011 Tokyo Motor Show.
As I said in above post, I was told at last month's Rally Hokkaido that a 4WD BRZ model will be released shortly, but can't see how that would form the basis for an R5 car. Would it even qualify as a touring car? So, the biq question is which model would a Subaru R5 be based on?

Mirek
19th October 2012, 10:44
Arigato :) BRZ can be used as a basis for R5 car because it has 4 seats and because it is made in more than 2500 pieces per year.

rallye-vid
19th October 2012, 22:03
Lappi will drive 2 tarmac rallies in spain next time

Mikkelsen will get the 3rd Polo WRC. His first rally will be portugal

dimviii
19th October 2012, 22:05
Lappi will drive 2 tarmac rallies in spain next time

Mikkelsen will get the 3rd Polo WRC. His first rally will be portugal
source?

kirungi okwogera
19th October 2012, 22:23
source?
he is the german nostradamus, he has foreseen it, it will be thus

rallye-vid
19th October 2012, 22:32
source?

Lappi darf in Spanien ran*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/int/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/10/19/lappi-darf-in-spanien-ran/index.html)
http://www.irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00002204&16#
Mikkelsen im dritten Polo R WRC*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/10/19/mikkelsen-im-dritten-polo-r-wrc/index.html)

Thanks for the flowers, but actually i'm far away from being a nostradamus ;)

stefanvv
19th October 2012, 22:33

rallye-magazin.de*::*do it sideways! (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/) But you better speak German ;)

vkangas
19th October 2012, 23:06
Lappi's two tarmac rallies in Spain have been confirmed by himself about two weeks ago. Unfortunately official announcement only on his finnish homepage.
Esapekka Lappi : Tervetuloa Esapekka Lapin kotisivuille (http://www.esapekkalappi.fi/index.php?s=1&l=fi&nid=57&n_xID=57&ntop=0)

p.s. For any rally driver that is reading this.... You should really put some effort to your international (english) home pages! ;)

dimviii
20th October 2012, 17:21
We had a quick chat in Olbia with Team Manager Bruno De Pianto. “We’re still talking with Mini who still wants to do some programme in motorsport,” he told us. “Last week’s news was very disappointing, of course. We have a driver now who is good and we had a real development plan which we believe would have been strong. Our aim now is to finish the year as well as possible. The car has some evolutions and Chris [Atkinson] is happy. Recent test work was positive and we hope to show Mini that the plan could be competitive, especially with the prospect of a fight with VW and Hyundai.
‘Anniversary’ 2: the Mini meteor fades (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Bestofrallylive/News/Anniversary-2-the-Mini-meteor-fades/(tag)/David%20Richards)

rallye-vid
20th October 2012, 17:23
especially with the prospect of a fight with VW

:rotflmao:

noel157
20th October 2012, 19:21
We had a quick chat in Olbia with Team Manager Bruno De Pianto. “We’re still talking with Mini ................................... Mini that the plan could be competitive, especially with the prospect of a fight with VW and Hyundai.
‘Anniversary’ 2: the Mini meteor fades (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Bestofrallylive/News/Anniversary-2-the-Mini-meteor-fades/(tag)/David%20Richards)

Who exactly is Mini that De Pianto refers too? BMW?

dimviii
20th October 2012, 19:24
Who exactly is Mini that De Pianto refers too? BMW?

De Pianto is previous ralliart Italy manager,now motorsport Italia.
His interviews are far better than Wilson.Is my Nr1 by far!!

see by yourself ..

''We have a driver now who is good and we had a real development plan which we believe would have been strong''

before they had a bad driver i understant...

edit.at the same level i read Atkos interviews,while at all stages there is a problem with his mini,after or before the rally everything is ok,test was good,mini is revised,team is perfect etc.

stefanvv
20th October 2012, 19:43
His interviews are far better than Wilson.Is my Nr1 by far!!

:D :D. There is nothing more amusing than people with that level of confidence, without the required level of achievement

noel157
20th October 2012, 19:45
Thanks but what I meant was who is he apparently "talking" too? There is nobody to talk to (or will listen) called Mini any more. Prodrive?

danon
20th October 2012, 19:47
see by yourself ..

''We have a driver now who is good...

before they had a bad driver i understant...

... or a better one

janvanvurpa
20th October 2012, 19:49
Lappi's two tarmac rallies in Spain have been confirmed by himself about two weeks ago. Unfortunately official announcement only on his finnish homepage.
Esapekka Lappi : Tervetuloa Esapekka Lapin kotisivuille (http://www.esapekkalappi.fi/index.php?s=1&l=fi&nid=57&n_xID=57&ntop=0)

p.s. For any rally driver that is reading this.... You should really put some effort to your international (english) home pages! ;)

I get told that every week. :arrows:
Poor me!!!! :bigcry:

dimviii
20th October 2012, 19:50
Thanks but what I meant was who is he apparently "talking" too? There is nobody to talk to (or will listen) called Mini any more. Prodrive?

prodrive? of course not! Bmw choosed motorsport italia to represent.

best comedy at wrc for years.

noel157
20th October 2012, 19:51

Exactly, so he's just PR BS'ing. Perhaps that's the comedy part... :)

stefanvv
20th October 2012, 19:54

I don't think it will be BMW either for next year. BMW quits (in a matter of speaking, because they weren't really involved were they?) as Ford does.

noel157
20th October 2012, 20:10
And that's my point. Guy can dream I suppose...

dimviii
20th October 2012, 21:21
Malcolm and De Pianto together in one video :heart:
World Rally Championship - Video - Browse All - Rally Italy: Team managers after Saturday action (http://www.wrc.com/video/browse-all/video-rally-italy-team-managers-after-saturday-action/?vid=2709)

Plan9
21st October 2012, 10:00
Any update on Qatar's potential plans for the WRC next year?

MikeD
21st October 2012, 20:37
Yves Maton said at the press conference after todays rally that the seat next to Hirvonen will go to an experienced driver. That kind of narrow it down to Petter Solberg, Mads Østberg and Chris Atkinson. They did confirm on WRR that Østberg is having talks with the team.

I was hoping for Novikov, but he's only 22 and while he's still improving he needs a couple of season more before he gets a works seat IMO

Miika
21st October 2012, 20:44
I´d narrow it down to Dani Sordo.

alleskids
21st October 2012, 20:45
Sordo is not experienced enough? :(

MikeD
21st October 2012, 20:50

How could I forget him, tsk tsk ... yes, he's properly their best option.

vkangas
21st October 2012, 21:08
According to finnish Neste Oil Rally newsletter Toyota has been testing their new 1.6 WRC engine from April in Germany. Sounds good.

dimviii
21st October 2012, 21:18
According to finnish Neste Oil Rally newsletter Toyota has been testing their new 1.6 WRC engine from April in Germany. Sounds good.

thats right.Have build and a chassis too based on Yaris

mousti
21st October 2012, 21:29
Elfyn Evans has after winning WRC academy title already a new challenge, with starting in the Condroz rallye Huy the final event of the BFO-BRC championship! This event is in 2 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375254495887031&set=a.181134701965679.47661.181112608634555&type=1&theater

spiderem
22nd October 2012, 03:48
I thought the deal between Sordo and Citroen was acted for 8 rallies? I must have lost the track somewhere...

spiderem
22nd October 2012, 03:50
What are your thoughts : the man in good shape of this second half of season has to be Ostberg...
Really hope he get something decent for next season...

Rally Hokkaido
22nd October 2012, 05:14

http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/139377-toyota-announces-wrc-plans.html They must have read this forum, last month ;-)

noel157
22nd October 2012, 09:08
Elfyn Evans has after winning WRC academy title already a new challenge, with starting in the Condroz rallye Huy the final event of the BFO-BRC championship! This event is in 2 weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=375254495887031&set=a.181134701965679.47661.181112608634555&type=1&theater

As has Craig Breen to help prepare for Spain the following week.

HarriK
22nd October 2012, 11:00
Esapekka Lappi's livery to Spanish National Tarmac Championship – the Rallye Sierra Morena (27-28 October) and Rallye Comunidad de Madrid (24-25 November).

Esapekka Lappi heads to Spain with ASM Motorsport | ASM Motorsport (http://www.asmmotorsport.com/2012/10/19/esapekka-lappi-correra-en-espana-con-asm-motorsport/?lang=en)

PLuto
22nd October 2012, 13:29
http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/139377-toyota-announces-wrc-plans.html They must have read this forum, last month ;-)

Toyota is working on WRC car for longer time...

mousti
22nd October 2012, 14:59
As has Craig Breen to help prepare for Spain the following week.
Indeed with Sainteloc, although preparing, don't really think so u can't compare Condroz with Spain.

Red bull
22nd October 2012, 15:44
Han Weijs Jr gets Rally Catalunya break in Nasser Al-Attiyah's DS3 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103634?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

PLuto
22nd October 2012, 18:45
It looks like Sanremo will be back in WRC in 2013... - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14510)

Motorsportfun
22nd October 2012, 20:50
It looks like Sanremo will be back in WRC in 2013... - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14510)

Come on, being serious it's almost impossible to organize a WRC event in 6 months... they have to prepare the route, get the authorisations, negotiate the institutional sponsorships with Ligury Region (they give less than 100k euros at the moment. Don't think they'll get 1 million like Sardinia, plus 200k euros from Olbia town, etc...), arrange all the logistic plan, etc.

There's a too long "to do" pile in a few time! :)

Hazza555)
22nd October 2012, 21:32
But they wouldn't be starting from scratch... the event has still been running since it's departure from the WRC. It would be great to see it in it's former glory, as mixed surface event, rather than all asphalt test it has been since '97.

And then have Rally Catalunya return to the Costa Brava. I would love to see the cars slide past the bridge at Viladrau. That was always one of the greatest shots in rallying, even better when Panizzi did donuts in '02

Sardalense
22nd October 2012, 21:39
That corner is a little bit different nowadays :(

http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/134777-famous-hairpin-catalunyas-viladrau-ss.html

noel157
22nd October 2012, 22:16
Indeed with Sainteloc, although preparing, don't really think so u can't compare Condroz with Spain.

Of course, roads slightly different in character.... :)
But yes, preparing, getting seat time, in the zone and all that.

SubaruNorway
22nd October 2012, 22:25
Sardinia over San Remo any day, some amazing nature in Sardinia and the amount of spectators are just growing so i don't see a reason to remove it. Especially since there really isn't any other island rallies anymore.

Cacatua
22nd October 2012, 22:53
Yeah, that Viladrau stage would not be the same, because the C-25, "eix transversal", the main road over the bridge, is actually being doubled, so if they wanted to run that stage today it would be a bit different. I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years but, I do know that, in their regional championship, the Catalan rallyes are avoiding these roads since the works started, and with the crisis we are suffering who knows when they are going to finish them. Viladrau was awesome because it was the union of three different rally stages and it had it all, one of the greatest in the world.

Mintexmemory
22nd October 2012, 23:12
Sardinia over San Remo any day, some amazing nature in Sardinia and the amount of spectators are just growing so i don't see a reason to remove it. Especially since there really isn't any other island rallies anymore.
Some amazing nature from Sardinia

Coiluna Lizard - Rally Italia 2011 Coiluna 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/5792903036/in/set-72157626855029934)

Not a lizard (just so you know I can tell the difference) - Rally Italia 2011 Coiluna 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/74mex/5792903230/in/set-72157626855029934/)

Arganil
22nd October 2012, 23:59

For now it's just a rumour (AS source is "someone close to FIA") but it would be great for WRC to have this iconic rally back.

An amazing clip from last mixed Sanremo with the unforgettable 555 Imprezas: Subaru WRC team-San Remo 1996 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMzrEqxMJI)