PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Gherid_lacksGPS
7th March 2012, 06:15
While I would love to see an event here, I don't see the USA putting on a great event. We have too many lawyers with their hands in everything, we don't have the wrc fan base and to be honest I don't think we have the caliber of roads. The best we have yet to produce is ken block? I can only imagine the heyday N.O.T would have commenting on an event here. Maybe I am being cynical...

Well, we most definitely have the roads, that's not the issue. Fan base and current exposure levels are the finicky components. The grass roots peeps and organizers would LOVE to host an event. Love him or hate him, KB has probably been one of the best things for rally in the US. Competitive? Hardly. Love for the the sport, dumps in the money and gets people to take interest? Few are better. Duplessis and Sarasin - wtf happened to that kid? - are, from a pure rally pedigree, superior drivers. They just don't have the resources, and thus the experiences that comes with it.

Honestly, stage rally may never make it "big time" in the states. But I would not be surprised one bit if, in a fews years to come, rallycross becomes HUGE. It seems to appeal to the "US demographic" of racing fans.

Bartolbia84
7th March 2012, 08:40
In my opinion, would be very nice so wrc 2012

1) Monaco (by one day of testing in the mythical roads around Gap)
2) Sweden + Norway (as in 2012)
3) Portugal (returning to the tests even in the Fafe)
4) Spain (mixed event)
5) France + Germany (with a single event)
6) Argentina
7) Brazil
8) an event in Asia (China, India or Japan, as there is an important car market)
9) Australia / New Zealand (alternating)
10) Finland
11) Sardinia (if you want you can make an event of more than 500km of PS)
12) Russia (another important market)
13) Wales (returning to the tests even the legendary RAC)
14) Greece

sindroms
7th March 2012, 09:19
Toni Gardemaister has switched to rally-raid:
Google Tulkot (http://translate.google.lv/translate?hl=lv&sl=lv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsportacentrs.com%2Fmotoru_sports%2F 07032012-latvijas_re_autoclub_vienojas_par_sadarbi)

Franky
7th March 2012, 09:37
5) France + Germany (with a single event)

I'd say scrap Alsace and bring Corsica back, it adds more variety.

rallyfiend
7th March 2012, 10:13
So, Geneva Motor Show is on (one of the biggest, most important of the year), and Ford launch the new 1.6l Ford Fiesta ST, and their Motorsport Manager is in Mexico doing this:

Recce lunch earlier today. I learn my culinary skills from @... on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/8svhs1)

Priorities much?

Bartolbia84
7th March 2012, 10:17
I'd say scrap Alsace and bring Corsica back, it adds more variety.

tour de corse all my life, but unfortunately the FIA-heads have excluded .. slowly coming back to the IRC has a nice level also in evidence.
Unfortunately in recent years there were only 6PS be repeated 2 times (eWRC-results.com - results Tour de Corse - Rallye de France 2005 (http://www.ewrc-results.com/harmonogram.php?e=46&t=Tour-de-Corse-Rallye-de-France-2005)).
In terms of charm, history and beauty of the test, is superior to Alsace (but has a very large number of spectators in PS)

wildboar
7th March 2012, 10:23
In terms of charm, history and beauty of the test, is superior to Alsace (but has a very large number of spectators in PS)

Are you referring to number of spectators at the Hagenau Powerstage? Well, there might be many spectators, but the stage itself is a disgrace; driving three times around the parking lot gives not the desirable image of rallying.

EightGear
7th March 2012, 10:26
So, Geneva Motor Show is on (one of the biggest, most important of the year), and Ford launch the new 1.6l Ford Fiesta ST, and their Motorsport Manager is in Mexico doing this:

Recce lunch earlier today. I learn my culinary skills from @... on Twitpic (http://twitpic.com/8svhs1)

Priorities much?

Well what do you expect? It would be much more strange if he was not in Mexico. Ford can handle the Geneva show on their own, they don't need their motorsport boss.

wildboar
7th March 2012, 10:32
I've been to the rally 2 times now and I must say that the stages itself (during the rally) are nice and real rally-stages... But I'm not so sure if they are really WRC-worthy... If they'd change their shakedown and powerstage it would be a lot different already.

I agree, the "real" stages are nice. And I also don't mind the city stage, it is good to bring the rally to the people. But as a Powerstage, televised world-wide? Boring and very unrepresentative of rallying.

garais22
7th March 2012, 10:55
Gardemeister: Rally is in my blood, but I want new challenge (some photos from tests)
Lidojošais soms Gardemeisters kļūst par RE Autoclub pilotu (FOTO) - Go4speed (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/autosports-pasaule/753-lidojosais-soms-gardemeisters-klust-par-re-autoclub-pilotu/)

bluuford
7th March 2012, 13:14
It would be a good idea to scrap Alsace and put Corsica in... Also financially for the teams, they could run Corsica first, and 2 weeks later Sardinia... But as long as the region of Alsace will pay their Loeb-show, I think the rally will stay in.

Well, i have been thinking abou this but have not been brave enough to put this idea here. This calendar with 14 roudns looks nice, but I have one more and very crazy idea.
1. Alscae +France = 1 round. All fully on tarmac. Maybe little bit longer event, lets say 4 days. 2 Days in France, 2 days in Germany. In one year starts form France, the second year starts in Germany (then there is no problem, who is going to get weekend and who is going to get work days.
2. This is comoletely crazy idea. Mixed event Corsica+Sardegna. Two days in Corsica (full tarmac), one day travelling and then two days in Sardegna (Full gravel), During this one day mechanics can convert the cars to gravel setup and teams can use it for short travel and promotional activities.
So, then we can cover four current events with two events and additional cost would be pretty minimal.
Maybe to use tha same one day for travelling and promotional activities in France-Germany event as well?
We are in one EU anyway, why not to create something new based on the calssics we have? We just need to think without borders.

rallyfiend
7th March 2012, 13:22
Well, i have been thinking abou this but have not been brave enough to put this idea here. This calendar with 14 roudns looks nice, but I have one more and very crazy idea.
1. Alscae +France = 1 round. All fully on tarmac. Maybe little bit longer event, lets say 4 days. 2 Days in France, 2 days in Germany. In one year starts form France, the second year starts in Germany (then there is no problem, who is going to get weekend and who is going to get work days.
2. This is comoletely crazy idea. Mixed event Corsica+Sardegna. Two days in Corsica (full tarmac), one day travelling and then two days in Sardegna (Full gravel), During this one day mechanics can convert the cars to gravel setup and teams can use it for short travel and promotional activities.
So, then we can cover four current events with two events and additional cost would be pretty minimal.
Maybe to use tha same one day for travelling and promotional activities in France-Germany event as well?
We are in one EU anyway, why not to create something new based on the calssics we have? We just need to think without borders.

As always with combined events, certainly across country borders is who's going to pay for them? Most events get considerable funding from tourism or government bodies, and they're unlikely to tip in even half the amount of money that they normally would if the exposure is not only split, but also split with another country that they are competing against for exposure and tourist dollars.

Not to mention the political ramifications. What ASN do they run under? Who is the top dog? Lots of sponsors may not run in both countries etc...

bluuford
7th March 2012, 13:34
As always with combined events, certainly across country borders is who's going to pay for them? Most events get considerable funding from tourism or government bodies, and they're unlikely to tip in even half the amount of money that they normally would if the exposure is not only split, but also split with another country that they are competing against for exposure and tourist dollars.

Not to mention the political ramifications. What ASN do they run under? Who is the top dog? Lots of sponsors may not run in both countries etc...

This is all about tho think out from the frames and borders we are used to. Every problem has its solution. Why not to promote two islands togehter, making them even more attractive? When I go to holiday, I look the amount of available opportunities. Two islands can give me much more opposrtunities than one. What ASN? ask from Sweden and Norway. Maybe one ASN in one year, the other in second year? I do not know many restrictions in EU regarding different reglementations for sponsors. There are some problems indeed, but if you like to live interesting life, then it is never easy.

ToughMac
7th March 2012, 13:55
Rally Ireland ran with a cross border initiative. Equal funding from Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. If its for the greater good of the respective regions pride and predujdice comes in second place. If the FIA want to cut costs in the sport this is the most sensible way of doing it but as always politics always gets in the way of a good plan.

TyPat107
7th March 2012, 14:22
Well, we most definitely have the roads, that's not the issue. Fan base and current exposure levels are the finicky components. The grass roots peeps and organizers would LOVE to host an event. Love him or hate him, KB has probably been one of the best things for rally in the US. Competitive? Hardly. Love for the the sport, dumps in the money and gets people to take interest? Few are better. Duplessis and Sarasin - wtf happened to that kid? - are, from a pure rally pedigree, superior drivers. They just don't have the resources, and thus the experiences that comes with it.

Honestly, stage rally may never make it "big time" in the states. But I would not be surprised one bit if, in a fews years to come, rallycross becomes HUGE. It seems to appeal to the "US demographic" of racing fans.

What roads? The fia sent Nicky grist over a few years ago to check out events for a possible wrc and it was his opinion that our roads were no good, that for starters they wouldn't hold up to a dozen wrc going over them. Events like 100 acre wood are way to wide open. On top of that mosts American rallies are based out of small towns that lack the facilities and infrastructure to support the teams. They are an entirely different level. I found that out visiting the irc round in San remo last year where the small privateer teams running the national championship had more support and larger pits than our factory Subaru driver.

A.F.F.
7th March 2012, 20:53
Gardemeister: Rally is in my blood, but I want new challenge (some photos from tests)
Lidojošais soms Gardemeisters kļūst par RE Autoclub pilotu (FOTO) - Go4speed (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/autosports-pasaule/753-lidojosais-soms-gardemeisters-klust-par-re-autoclub-pilotu/)

Or, rally is in my blood but raid is the only thing they pay me novadays :mark:

AndyRAC
7th March 2012, 20:58
Or, rally is in my blood but raid is the only thing they pay me novadays :mark:

Can you blame him? If they are paying him, it's a damn sight better than many in the WRC. I find it sad that both the sons of Blomqvist & Sainz have gone down the path of circuit racing, rather than Rallying, but can you blame them? Simply more opportunities for a career.

tfp
7th March 2012, 23:35
Can you blame him? If they are paying him, it's a damn sight better than many in the WRC. I find it sad that both the sons of Blomqvist & Sainz have gone down the path of circuit racing, rather than Rallying, but can you blame them? Simply more opportunities for a career.

I am sure I remember Sainz Jr saying there would be too much pressure on him to be as succesful as his father in rallying, something which certainly isn't guaranteed by any means. And thats the reason why he is racing rather than rallying. But yes you are right, there are waaay more opportunities in circuit racing with F1's 12 teams and WRC's 2. (excluding Mini of course!)

Juha_Koo
8th March 2012, 00:16
Both Janne Tuohino and Kristian Sohlberg have had something going on for a while now... Maybe some news soon.

mikkov
8th March 2012, 01:03
Sohlberg has been giving hints here and there at least since NORF last year. Lately he's been concentrating on Twitter and today (Thursday) there should be something happening Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/krisse_sohlberg)

Plan9
8th March 2012, 04:37
I am sure I remember Sainz Jr saying there would be too much pressure on him to be as succesful as his father in rallying, something which certainly isn't guaranteed by any means. And thats the reason why he is racing rather than rallying. But yes you are right, there are waaay more opportunities in circuit racing with F1's 12 teams and WRC's 2. (excluding Mini of course!)

Funny that this pressure has not affected Matt W in relation to his father. I also pity Bruno Senna for kind of the same reason.

garais22
8th March 2012, 07:02
Who didn`t see, here You can see now Video update with Toni Gardemeister tests and where he tells about his plans. Tests take place on snow and ice!
Lidojošais soms Gardemeisters kļūst par RE Autoclub pilotu (FOTO, VIDEO) - Go4speed (http://www.go4speed.lv/lv/news/autosports-pasaule/753-lidojosais-soms-gardemeisters-klust-par-re-autoclub-pilotu/)

Hartusvuori
8th March 2012, 07:24
Funny that this pressure has not affected Matt W in relation to his father.

Funny that you would compare Sainz' and Malcolm Wilson's merits in rallying.

N.O.T
8th March 2012, 08:51
Funny that you would compare Sainz' and Malcolm Wilson's merits in rallying.

you do realise who posted this right ? the guy has no sense of anything...let alone reality....

Brother John
8th March 2012, 09:18
PLEASE stop with this type of post here.

Funny that this pressure has not affected Matt W in relation to his father. I also pity Bruno Senna for kind of the same reason.

you do realise who posted this right ? the guy has no sense of anything...let alone reality....

N.O.T
8th March 2012, 09:33
ok.

sollitt
8th March 2012, 19:19
PLEASE stop with this type of post here.Interesting Brother John, that you're happy to allow cowardly attacks, by members hiding behind nom de plumes, on the movers and do-ers in our sport, who are defenseless against them, yet you will not allow those cowards to be challenged by fellow members. It's an interesting moral code you live by.

BDunnell
8th March 2012, 19:42
Interesting Brother John, that you're happy to allow cowardly attacks, by members hiding behind nom de plumes, on the movers and do-ers in our sport, who are defenseless against them, yet you will not allow those cowards to be challenged by fellow members. It's an interesting moral code you live by.

I suggest you show such individuals a tad more in the way of blind respect than they deserve, personally.

BDunnell
8th March 2012, 19:43
I don't see any validity in taking the show to America at all. All this talk about the size of the market is a red herring.
However I wouldn't shed tears if the championship narrowed it's geographic focus. An all Europe WRC is fine as long as in doing so the manufacturers open up more opportunities for top competitors.
In reality the WRC has never taken a foothold in Asia and, in terms of local usefulness, both RNZ and Rally Australia have had their day. There is now such a disconnect between these events and their local scenes & competitors that not only do they not add value but they are actually a burden to the regional sport.

Does not all of this constitute an attack on those holding views that don't agree with yours, and all under a 'nom de plume'?

tfp
8th March 2012, 20:20
Interesting Brother John, that you're happy to allow cowardly attacks, by members hiding behind nom de plumes, on the movers and do-ers in our sport, who are defenseless against them, yet you will not allow those cowards to be challenged by fellow members. It's an interesting moral code you live by.

Happy birthday Sollit :D

sollitt
8th March 2012, 21:11
Does not all of this constitute an attack on those holding views that don't agree with yours, and all under a 'nom de plume'?Not at all. It's not an attack on anybody and nobody's name is mentioned. Rather it's considered opinion, about the sport generally, from a position of some knowledge and involvement. And I don't use a nom de plume ... I use my name.

Cheers tfp

A.F.F.
8th March 2012, 21:20

I don't blame him at all, just translated the what he was really saying. Plus, Garde is suited for raids, he might be better there than in wrc.

Coach 2
8th March 2012, 21:24
Happy birthday Sollit :D

From me too.
34 and still going strong.

sollitt
8th March 2012, 21:53
... 34 and still going strong.That'd be nice ... if it were true ... cheers

dimviii
9th March 2012, 15:12
Sven Smeets in VW

Sven Smeets in VW (http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/2012/03/09/sven-smeets-in-vw%e2%80%99s-colours/)

Mirek
9th March 2012, 18:01
Robert Kubica back behind the wheel! Tested his Fabia WRC in Italy.

www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=68&start=1500#p59769)

Post by Ondra_WRC, member of this forum.

EuroTroll
9th March 2012, 18:02

Wrong wheel, for him...

Mirek
9th March 2012, 18:04
Why wrong?

EuroTroll
9th March 2012, 18:06
Why wrong?

I'd rather he didn't play with rallying, but concentrated on getting back to F1 shape.

N.O.T
9th March 2012, 18:35

www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=68&start=1500#p59769)

a true rally driver....lets hope we see him in rally cars more often....

F1 is for ladyboys... Rallying is for true men like Kubica :) :)

very good news :)

Juha_Koo
9th March 2012, 18:51

Excellent... And just few days back I heard F1 rumours that he wouldn't be able to lift a glass of water with the hand... Clearly that was all total BS.

AndyRAC
9th March 2012, 19:16
Good to hear this - I did think he would no longer bother with driving a Rallycar, after his accident. I imagine it's part of his recuperation....I wish him luck, he's one of the good guys!!

Mirek
9th March 2012, 19:41
He has always been a big fan of rallying. This is Fabia he bought from Kopecký already in 2009 I think. I met him even on some Czech local rallysprint some years a go...

tmx
9th March 2012, 21:56
I am sure I remember Sainz Jr saying there would be too much pressure on him to be as succesful as his father in rallying, something which certainly isn't guaranteed by any means. And thats the reason why he is racing rather than rallying. But yes you are right, there are waaay more opportunities in circuit racing with F1's 12 teams and WRC's 2. (excluding Mini of course!) You might want to take a look at the driver rosters in F1 now, especially Williams and the new test driver for Marussia. More opportunity only if you have backings of large oil entities, but this is true for rallying now too I guess. WRC is a poor selection, but atleast there is young driver program, SWRC and S2000, the problem was the manufacturers pushing for the 1.6l turbo and FIA not doing enough to get rid of PWRC and popularize R3 and R4 categories.

Anyway, I'm sad Kris and Guy aren't driving.

tmx
10th March 2012, 16:06

Post by Ondra_WRC, member of this forum. I'd like to know some truth to this since I don't see him in the car, although he probably is to be there anywau, but if its true its great news to see him back in fit shape and driving. He's brave to step back to a similar car he crashed with and rallying at that.

Mirek
10th March 2012, 16:54
I'd like to know some truth to this since I don't see him in the car, although he probably is to be there anywau, but if its true its great news to see him back in fit shape and driving. He's brave to step back to a similar car he crashed with and rallying at that.

That Fabia is his own car. It is a car which has never been used in any competition since he bought it from CRT Kopecký in 2008. It's 07 spec, probably the best Fabia WRC in the world because I think only three were in this specification and two of them are pretty worn and lost somewhere in Norway. This car was used in only four events by Kopecký and Sainz plus in several shows. I don't see why Kubica would take it out of the garage just to walk around it or to put someone else in ;)

A FONDO
10th March 2012, 23:19
I dont know if somebody posted it somewhere, but Freddy Loix will drive 8 rounds in the french championship and 3 in belgium (1 of them Ypres) with 207 from the french preparator 2C. Stefan Sarazin from the same team will drive 6 rounds in France with 307 WRC and recently made a test with it but I cant find the video.

tfp
10th March 2012, 23:50
I dont know if somebody posted it somewhere, but Freddy Loix will drive 8 rounds in the french championship and 3 in belgium (1 of them Ypres) with 207 from the french preparator 2C. Stefan Sarazin from the same team will drive 6 rounds in France with 307 WRC and recently made a test with it but I cant find the video.

Sarazin is a busy man!

Mirek
11th March 2012, 01:10

Video is here. Pretty spectacular :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2pcJ6ipTto

Mirek
11th March 2012, 16:41
Video test Peugeot 208 R2. To me it looks very very fast for R2 car! Also the suspension looks softer than in C2 R2.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpdmyc_test-208-r2-v2r83_auto#from=embediframe

A FONDO
11th March 2012, 16:48
Softer but in terms of more agile to bumps. About the speed it looks quite equal to Proton S200:D

N.O.T
11th March 2012, 20:14
the speed is indeed amazing for an R2....

grugsticles
12th March 2012, 05:39
It maybe quick, bug damn its ugly!

sollitt
12th March 2012, 06:03
It maybe quick, bug damn its ugly!You're not wrong. R2's tend to be a bit like that. Would look OK with the S2000 bodykit.

tolis
18th March 2012, 22:23
Any more WRC events for Sander Parn except for Portugal?

Jr.
18th March 2012, 22:34
That Fabia is his own car. It is a car which has never been used in any competition since he bought it from CRT Kopecký in 2008. It's 07 spec, probably the best Fabia WRC in the world because I think only three were in this specification and two of them are pretty worn and lost somewhere in Norway. This car was used in only four events by Kopecký and Sainz plus in several shows. I don't see why Kubica would take it out of the garage just to walk around it or to put someone else in ;)

One of the Norway Fabias is now owned by EVENRALLY.

Plan9
19th March 2012, 06:55
What do they do with it?

skarderud
19th March 2012, 08:39
Nothing these days, but mikkelsen used it a couples of years ago. Maybe this is the car sandell used also? I have a weak remembering that the other one is/was ovned by the vitbank group, but i haven't seen that car for a while. Maybe you know, jr.?

Viking
19th March 2012, 10:50
What do they do with it?

Solberg Extreme :)

Mads Østberg vs Andreas Mikkelsen - Solberg Extreme 2011 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqWTeWwjm_I)

Don't click the link N.O.T, you will hate it :D

N.O.T
19th March 2012, 13:01
hmmm indeed...how successful are these shows ? as far as attendance goes ?

SubaruNorway
19th March 2012, 16:05
hmmm indeed...how successful are these shows ? as far as attendance goes ?

Full stadium with 15.000 people in 09 (1000 didn't get in) Half full on friday qualifying and 15.000 again on saturday in 2010 and a bit over 10.000 last year i think. And they had a show in Viking stadium a few months before that had good attendance too.

makinen_fan
20th March 2012, 10:43
from Matthew Wislon in Twitter: 'Argentina should be on the cards hopefully.'
good to know he is recovering well

A FONDO
20th March 2012, 11:23
He has a twitter :confused:
and there are people who read it :eek:

N.O.T
20th March 2012, 11:40
The WRC doesn't need more people to discgarce the sport....

hope wilson recovers and he is healthy 100% but he is a disgrace when it comes to rallying....

makinen_fan
20th March 2012, 11:44
Wilson is OK, at least he is nice to watch in stages. Disgrace is Nobre and Araujo in the 'Works' Mini team

go mads
20th March 2012, 12:27
NOT you are so predictable and dare i say boring!

N.O.T
20th March 2012, 13:23
NOT you are so predictable and dare i say boring!

that is where the whole beauty of my existance lies....

DonJippo
20th March 2012, 13:26
that is where the whole beauty existance lies....

What go mads said.

Hartusvuori
20th March 2012, 14:29
Loeb admitting some lost of motivation. But who can blame him...

Sebastien Loeb against endurance rallies - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98212)

A FONDO
20th March 2012, 14:50
Even though he wins, he always whines about something. I doubt he will be glad even if the whole championship consists of a few rally sprints near Alsace. Such *** behaviour shows why he will never be a real hero. Just a driver who achieved big number of wins in sport's poorest years.

Juha_Koo
20th March 2012, 15:31
Even though he wins, he always whines about something. I doubt he will be glad even if the whole championship consists of a few rally sprints near Alsace. Such *** behaviour shows why he will never be a real hero. Just a driver who achieved big number of wins in sport's poorest years.

:D You gotta be fking kidding me...

N.O.T
20th March 2012, 16:09
even though he wins, he always whines about something. I doubt he will be glad even if the whole championship consists of a few rally sprints near alsace. Such *** behaviour shows why he will never be a real hero. Just a driver who achieved big number of wins in sport's poorest years.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaal

Tomi
20th March 2012, 16:40
Full stadium with 15.000 people in 09 (1000 didn't get in) Half full on friday qualifying and 15.000 again on saturday in 2010 and a bit over 10.000 last year i think. And they had a show in Viking stadium a few months before that had good attendance too.

Huh, strange that Norwegians are so interested in thiskind of gay stuff, but to manage to keep a real rally they failed.

Tomi
20th March 2012, 16:42
Such *** behaviour shows why he will never be a real hero. Just a driver who achieved big number of wins in sport's poorest years.
Just of curiosity who do you think is a real hero?

janvanvurpa
20th March 2012, 17:36
Huh, strange that Norwegians are so interested in thiskind of gay stuff,

Tomi Tomi Tomi why are you surprised? They are cousins to the Swedes.. That should explain everything.

SubaruNorway
20th March 2012, 17:49
Certain people here really should start living by the quote. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything :)

janvanvurpa
20th March 2012, 18:36
Certain people here really should start living by the quote. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything :)

Det är inter mitt fel att ni normän är släkt med svenskarna.....8(

men det finns altid hop, kanske om Normännen blir starkare, och snabbare på sträckrna och slut larva med fnaskigheter som ovan, ni kan bli bättre!

Hope never dies!

sollitt
20th March 2012, 19:03
Disgrace is Nobre and Araujo in the 'Works' Mini teamNo one is a "disgrace to the sport".
The disgrace is the mismanagement which has seen the sport degenerate to the point where these people are in the limelight.

Mirek
20th March 2012, 19:16
No one is a "disgrace to the sport".
The disgrace is the mismanagement which has seen the sport degenerate to the point where these people are in the limelight.

Disgrace to the sport is to have fans thinking like that :(

Barreis
20th March 2012, 20:21
C'mon guys, let's do news and rumours here.

Rallyper
20th March 2012, 20:36
Det är inter mitt fel att ni normän är släkt med svenskarna.....8(

men det finns altid hop, kanske om Normännen blir starkare, och snabbare på sträckrna och slut larva med fnaskigheter som ovan, ni kan bli bättre!

Hope never dies!

I don´t think you´ve seen the overall stuff here. The sport rallying has slowly been brought nearer and nearer the big crowds and where they live, in the cities. So also the WRC. And nothing to do about it. Look at F1.

If rallying should be in all ways the same as in the 50´s or 60´s, I think the fans should only be a couple of hundred senior guys...who where active in those days. You know what I mean?

OK. What I mean is that norweigans are far better in promoting our beloved sport. And that´s what Petter and MAds are doing. If we in Sweden where half as good in promoting ourselves we also would hav a couple of WRC drivers today, but we haven´t.

Why don´t you lika swedes, by the way? varför gillar du inte svenskar, förresten?

sollitt
20th March 2012, 21:12
You don't have to quote "the 50's & 60's" Per.
The 70's & 80's, and even the 90's, were fine.
There's no harm in running promotional events at all however if you have to dynamically
alter the sport's format, so as to be unrecognisable, in order to attract spectators you ought question
the value of the very people you're chasing.

Rallyper
20th March 2012, 21:55
You don't have to quote "the 50's & 60's" Per.
The 70's & 80's, and even the 90's, were fine.
There's no harm in running promotional events at all however if you have to dynamically
alter the sport's format, so as to be unrecognisable, in order to attract spectators you ought question
the value of the very people you're chasing.

For sure but it´s all mixed together. No people whatever or whoever they are looking or attending the rallies, means no money from TV, sponsors etz. That´s the way it is today. Maybe a problem if you want purity. And I could say that too, but it´s too much to ask.

sollitt
20th March 2012, 22:14
That's a matter of perspective.
If you need money for the sport to 'survive' and the way to that money is change, a case for change might be justifiable.
If, however, the money is required for 'growth' or 'evolution' it just might be that the sport is better staying the way that it is.

janvanvurpa
20th March 2012, 22:47
I don´t think you´ve seen the overall stuff here. The sport rallying has slowly been brought nearer and nearer the big crowds and where they live, in the cities. So also the WRC. And nothing to do about it. Look at F1.

If rallying should be in all ways the same as in the 50´s or 60´s, I think the fans should only be a couple of hundred senior guys...who where active in those days. You know what I mean?

OK. What I mean is that norweigans are far better in promoting our beloved sport. And that´s what Petter and MAds are doing. If we in Sweden where half as good in promoting ourselves we also would hav a couple of WRC drivers today, but we haven´t.

Why don´t you lika swedes, by the way? varför gillar du inte svenskar, förresten?

pga ni har låttit Norsk-djävlar sparka Sverige medvetlös i rallysamanhäng med ett järn stövel.

Not much anything we can do about those damn Finns, they are simply the baddest, men men men! Norge!!?? Skäms på dig!

And I know there must be change, growth, etc but I have seen data on who the all important "target demographic" that it seems all the change is aimed at : the target set of eyes are in the head of a theoretical 14 to 24 year old kid living in Orange County California....

I'm sorry but it doesn't help ME, or my lilla one man firm making rally parts one bit if millions of energy drink crazed, pimple squeezing 14 year olds see Block's latest masturbatory fantasy.. It hasn't help the fjutiga small Rally scene in USA, but it has evidently helped Ken and Travvie.

Perra, I live in the best (or worse country= in the world for contentless cynical lying promotion, where a 3 second thing can be stretched into a 30 minute TV program like Block's ''longest jump in the world'' BS... I also lived not far from you when Swedish moto-cross, THE DOMINANT country in the sport from the beginning in VM was changed in its format to make it "more friendly for TV" and Sweden's dominance ended shortly thereafter...and i watch American moto-cross transform from a mass sport to yet another over promoted spectacle to WATCH with the rise of stadium or Super-cross which even that devolved into "extreme! MX".

As WRC and VM i cross has become more and more "just another simple sprinty deal", participation, at the local level; has shrunk everywhere, and without a broad base, there's little general awareness, and little market value---except for big hype up scenes and that perpetuates the tendency for those with some independent $$$ in the first place to "slurka upp allt" peng och intresse.
And so for 15 years the old saying "Choose your parents carefully" is so much more important.

gillar inte svenskar...Silly boy vi måste kunna reta norskarna lite eller.....?

Plan9
20th March 2012, 23:30
No one is a "disgrace to the sport".

+1 It is disgraceful that people are reliant on people like him and I cannot remember any other era that has had as many people like him involved; he must be one of the least experienced WRC drivers out there. However Nobre's money is probably tiding MI over for this year. Also I read that 2 MINI's need to be around for homologation purposes for Prodrive.
I don't think that Nobre get's much attention at all to be honest or Arujo for that matter.

tfp
20th March 2012, 23:59

:up: The relatively small world of Rallying(compared to certain other motorsports) need to get across to the rest of the world and give them an idea of the sport we know and love.

Show them big jumps, REAL car control, and a bit of tyre smoke :)
This gives them an idea of the skill level of the drivers that compete, and the sheer lunacy of the drivers and specially built the cars are that compete.

Give them a taste, you never know, they may just want more...

tmx
21st March 2012, 00:31
It maybe quick, bug damn its ugly! We need more more cars from these R classes if we want to see more drivers entering rallies. About ugly, you probably haven't watch F1 lately.

:up: The relatively small world of Rallying(compared to certain other motorsports) need to get across to the rest of the world and give them an idea of the sport we know and love.

Show them big jumps, REAL car control, and a bit of tyre smoke :)
This gives them an idea of the skill level of the drivers that compete, and the sheer lunacy of the drivers and specially built the cars are that compete.

Give them a taste, you never know, they may just want more... They have it, it's called Gymnkhana and X-games. I think rally cross will be much more successful in America, especially if all the cars goes counterclockwise around an oval dirt track.

Bigdiggerman
21st March 2012, 03:34
There's not a lot of news and rumor here....just a lot of waffle.

Brother John
21st March 2012, 06:25
Again, make some members of a fine thread ​​a mess, but yes some do not want that I say anything about that.

Rallyper
21st March 2012, 19:26
What was the qustion in the first place? ;)

Barreis
21st March 2012, 20:26
FIA reiterates commitment to WRC - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98221)

tfp
21st March 2012, 23:09
We need more more cars from these R classes if we want to see more drivers entering rallies. About ugly, you probably haven't watch F1 lately.
They have it, it's called Gymnkhana and X-games. I think rally cross will be much more successful in America, especially if all the cars goes counterclockwise around an oval dirt track.

Haha :) Then the American spectators can follow us, and we will show them proper Rallying!

EuroTroll
22nd March 2012, 08:29
Egon Kaur will take part in this weekend's round of the British Championship with a Ford Fiesta R2. It's a one-off, as he's been having trouble finding money for this season..

MartijnS
22nd March 2012, 09:23
Too bad he didn't win the Academy last year, Breen has lots of money anyway.

cali
22nd March 2012, 15:55
True, but as estonian this hard for me to say that Breen clearly deserved Academy title. He was quite obviously faster than Kaur. Pity that Kaur has financial troubles though ...

Pinto
22nd March 2012, 19:04
Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post

thats complete bull how do you what money Breen has behind him all you know is he has 500k he won after that your speculating.Craig deserved to win,hes a good team around him and he's making the most of his profile at the moment to get places

rallyfiend
22nd March 2012, 22:46

thats complete bull how do you what money Breen has behind him all you know is he has 500k he won after that your speculating.Craig deserved to win,hes a good team around him and he's making the most of his profile at the moment to get places

Agree with that.

What a ridiculous post.

gtimad73
27th March 2012, 16:31
Is there any news on the wrc promoter yet. isn't the process supposed to be coming to an end this week. I'm surprised there's not been more chat about who it is..

mousti
27th March 2012, 17:17
Is there any news on the wrc promoter yet. isn't the process supposed to be coming to an end this week. I'm surprised there's not been more chat about who it is..
Because there's no hope..

gtimad73
27th March 2012, 17:19
there's always hope whilst its still going on.

Barreis
27th March 2012, 17:30
Eurosport is the best option for sport but something is wrong in the whole story.

MJW
27th March 2012, 17:54
Because there's no hope..

I guess you might have heared the same whisper as me:-(

gtimad73
27th March 2012, 18:22
eurosport are good when there at there best like monte 2011. but some of there irc coverage has been so rushed and only on for 30 mins after 10pm its no better than the rest. if eurosport cant show off there own championship what hope have they got with the wrc as a rival to there own championship..

AndyRAC
27th March 2012, 18:48
Remember, there wasn't a Promoter during the so called 'Glory years'....Each event tended to Promote; it was probably easier as there was a 'product' to Promote. However times and the sport have moved on, and not necessarily for the better.

gtimad73
27th March 2012, 18:51
true wasn't meaning to get drawn in to which ones better. just wonder if there's any news around the corner.

flat to the mat
27th March 2012, 19:04

Google "Breen Transportation",believe me budgets aren't a major issue for him.

gravelman
27th March 2012, 19:22
Google "Breen Transportation",believe me budgets aren't a major issue for him.

Wrong breen, that's not the business. The clue is on the side of the car

MJW
27th March 2012, 19:48
Wrong breen, that's not the business. The clue is on the side of the car
Keltech Engineering - not short of personal wealth....., but then again how much do you need to make it in WRC? Mads is fast but MSport know that they can pay for their drive.

Allyc85
27th March 2012, 20:02
Motorsport has been about rich people and families since it started. People that moan about it are boring and pathetic...get over it!

noel157
27th March 2012, 20:10
Motorsport has been about rich people and families since it started. People that moan about it are boring and pathetic...get over it!

That's a one daft and immature sweeping generalisation of a statement. And inaccurate.

Barreis
27th March 2012, 20:14
I hope it's not. Loeb proved it.

Allyc85
27th March 2012, 20:21
Obviously not everyone...

Gregor-y
27th March 2012, 21:20
Colin McRae and Richard Burns don't fit, either, do they? ;)

tolis
28th March 2012, 15:47
Rally Argentina Entry List: http://www.rallyargentina.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Listado_inscriptos_RA2012.pdf

MJW
28th March 2012, 18:38
Rally Argentina Entry List: http://www.rallyargentina.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Listado_inscriptos_RA2012.pdf No Henning or Matthew again, I know Matt may not be fit after his fractured ankle, but Go Fast seemed to have Gone Fast.

Sulland
29th March 2012, 07:54
I think we can forget the go fast team in wrc. To bad really!

markrally
29th March 2012, 12:31
Jost Capito to head Volkswagen Motorsport:

UK Car News - news, car reviews, features and video - News (http://www.ukcarnews.com/features.php?show=558)

AndyRAC
29th March 2012, 12:55
I can't work out whether this is good news or not. He was in charge of the Ford RS cars, but they were RS in name only.....

Brother John
29th March 2012, 13:05
I can't work out whether this is good news or not. He was in charge of the Ford RS cars, but they were RS in name only.....

For these people this is good news, they can earn more with an extra thick premium payment. :s mokin:

jbmarcus21
30th March 2012, 10:05
Yesterday in France, Patrik Flodin has tested Ford Fiesta S2000 to prepare IRC Rally Season.. I was there..
You can watch my video
Test Days Patrik Flodin Ford Fiesta S2000 Saison 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-JldrbeZ9U&feature=youtu.be)

Best Regards
JB

Plan9
30th March 2012, 23:02
Rally Argentina Entry List: http://www.rallyargentina.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Listado_inscriptos_RA2012.pdf

When is Sordo going to do a long haul event? I thought he and his team were obligated by the FIA to do so....

Barreis
30th March 2012, 23:14
Mini Portugal is now official Mini team.

noel157
31st March 2012, 01:12
When is Sordo going to do a long haul event? I thought he and his team were obligated by the FIA to do so....

As Barreis said, they are now a private team and have no obligation to do anything. More to the point, they have hardly enough money to go testing, never mind going to events.

tolis
31st March 2012, 19:46
Final list of PWRC announced-12 crews: Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13575)
Pedersoli will only do 1 WRC event: Rally d'Italia Sardegna!

Gregor-y
31st March 2012, 21:18
Jost Capito to head Volkswagen Motorsport:

UK Car News - news, car reviews, features and video - News (http://www.ukcarnews.com/features.php?show=558)
With his position at SVT I nearly thought Ford was going to try and put out some exciting cars in the US. The Focus ST is still not ready, and there are dozens of Mustang hop up makers with close relations to Ford. Does anyone know if Mr. Capito was getting frustrated at Ford in general (and SVT in particular), or if VW just made a fantastic offer?

Andre Oliveira
31st March 2012, 21:54
?

Lancia annonce son retour en wrc en 2014 (http://www.unica-strada.com/blog/2012/03/scoop-lancia-annonce-son-retour-en-wrc-en-2014/)

http://www.unica-strada.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/vignette.jpg

focus206
31st March 2012, 22:01
?

Lancia annonce son retour en wrc en 2014 (http://www.unica-strada.com/blog/2012/03/scoop-lancia-annonce-son-retour-en-wrc-en-2014/)

http://www.unica-strada.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/vignette.jpg

Isn't it one day earlier for the April's fools? ;)

Fly_Half
31st March 2012, 23:27
That's an abysmal Photoshop, the rear wheel is comically small in comparison to the rest of the car. I'd confidently bet my house that Lancia will not return to the WRC

EuroTroll
1st April 2012, 07:01
That car looks like a ball. :)

Plan9
1st April 2012, 08:03
As Barreis said, they are now a private team and have no obligation to do anything. More to the point, they have hardly enough money to go testing, never mind going to events.

I know but they entered a car in Argentina for some old dude. Dani was meant to go to Mexico as well I read..... I am hoping for NZ but doubt it.

dimviii
1st April 2012, 09:25
llololololololol
eWRC.cz - Pøíèina absence týmu Go Fast na tratích je objasnìna (http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=19185&title=pricina-absence-tymu-go-fast-na-tratich-je-objasnena)

grugsticles
1st April 2012, 09:50
llololololololol
eWRC.cz - Pøíèina absence týmu Go Fast na tratích je objasnìna (http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=19185&title=pricina-absence-tymu-go-fast-na-tratich-je-objasnena)

Ha! Maybe if you swap the first initials of the crew around, then it wouldn't be so ironic!

Plan9
1st April 2012, 10:07
llololololololol

hahahahaha! Bearing in mind its April 1 it still almost sounds real in Wilson's case anyway.

alleskids
1st April 2012, 11:21
hahahahaha! Bearing in mind its April 1 it still almost sounds real in Wilson's case anyway.

The first seconds I believed it was real :(

does it tell something about me, or about Mathew Wilson :p

User
1st April 2012, 11:23

Best April's fool I heard today :)

focus206
1st April 2012, 11:43
llololololololol

Best news ever!!! :D
Already 2 April Fools... what's next?

Mirek
1st April 2012, 12:34
The best April fool is our weather this weekend. Last weekend it was +20 and now it is snowing :D

dimviii
1st April 2012, 12:46
The best April fool is our weather this weekend. Last weekend it was +20 and now it is snowing :D

20 celsious here

Hartusvuori
1st April 2012, 17:17
Ketomaa told Finnish news agency that his next start should be Argentina, but it could be Acropolis too - as in his initial plans.

EuroTroll
1st April 2012, 17:18
Ketomaa told Finnish news agency that his next start should be Argentina, but it could be Acropolis too - as in his initial plans.

With Dmacks?

mousti
1st April 2012, 21:43
Autosport.cz has some interesting articles !!

Plan9
1st April 2012, 22:11
Best news ever!!! :D
Already 2 April Fools... what's next?

Maybe Mikko being excluded from a rally he won and Mads taking the points instead lol...?

2nd April 2012, 04:55
Chris Atkinson on Australian ABC radio and Monster WRC rounds and APRC - All Torque - ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-30/all-torque/3923972?section=sport)

Barreis
2nd April 2012, 11:12
World Rally Championship - News - Solberg upbeat on title chances (http://www.wrc.com/news/solberg-upbeat-on-title-chances/?fid=16462)

jbmarcus21
2nd April 2012, 11:47
#WRC New 2012 Wrc standings [Drivers, Manufacturers, Power Stage & SS winners) after Rally Portugal & Mikko exclusion Classements Saison Wrc 2012 (http://bit.ly/x3IKyP)

pettersolberg29
2nd April 2012, 13:02
Prokop entered under the DMACK banner for Rally Argentina - not Ketomaa

grugsticles
2nd April 2012, 13:26
Chris Atkinson on Australian ABC radio and Monster WRC rounds and APRC - All Torque - ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-30/all-torque/3923972?section=sport)

Wow. ABC radio taking note of WRC? Gee, things have changed! I thought they only cared about cricket, AFL and tennis?

Great to see/hear get some local exposure though!

Bartolbia84
2nd April 2012, 15:20
Meanwhile Luca Pedersoli has announced its program of races for 2012. Among these is the Rally Italy Sardinia, that the spectacular Italian rider will race on a Citroen DS3 WRC sponsored by Magnetti Marelli.

WRCS14
2nd April 2012, 23:06
I thought Luca was doing 4 or 5 WRC rounds with the backing of Magnetti Marelli, now back to just one round :(

Im thinking the whole tv thing hasnt helped the situation.

Barreis
2nd April 2012, 23:13
Citroen is very expensive.

Plan9
3rd April 2012, 01:14
Citroen is very expensive.

Of the 3 WRC cars available, which is the most expensive and most affordable (I assume this is the Fiesta as there seems to be about 5000 of them about the place lol)

Brother John
3rd April 2012, 10:48
Nice video Rally Portugal
Dakar Videos Volkswagen Motorsport (http://volkswagen-motorsport.com/web/movie_de/video.php?v=01c3e49415es&flash=ok&flashnavi=video&st=595&lg=d&showMeNow=lala)

And nice Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/volkswagenmotorsport

Barreis
3rd April 2012, 12:01
Jari-Matti Latvala offered to relinquish Ford number one status after Portugal crash - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98580)
This guy has "problems"...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98581

Viking
3rd April 2012, 14:29
Jari-Matti Latvala offered to relinquish Ford number one status after Portugal crash - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98580)
Q & A: Jari-Matti Latvala on Rally of Portugal disaster - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98581)

And so has Wilson, "wait untill middle of the season" pffft..

Barreis
3rd April 2012, 16:49
There's a nice text about WRC in british magazine CAR (march isue).

Barreis
3rd April 2012, 19:05
Citroen will not appeal Hirvonen's exclusion from last week's Rally of Portugal - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98587)

dimviii
3rd April 2012, 19:11
There's a nice text about WRC in british magazine CAR (march isue).

link?

Barreis
3rd April 2012, 19:26
Don't have it. Red it today in printed version.

tfp
4th April 2012, 00:01
link?

WRC at Monte Carlo 2012: CAR Magazine's gallery | Car Blogs | Car Magazine Online (http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/Car-Magazines-Blogs/Mark-Walton/WRC-at-Monte-Carlo-2012-extra-images/)

Wonder if this is it?

4th April 2012, 01:30
WRC Australia aiming to be an annual event and as the final round of the season

Green light for annual event | Coffs Coast News | Local News in Coffs Coast | Coffs Coast Advocate (http://m.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2012/04/04/green-light-rally-australia-event-coffs-harbour/)

sollitt
4th April 2012, 03:22
Q & A: Jari-Matti Latvala on Rally of Portugal disaster - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98581)

Two good articles highlighting very rational approach and good team culture.

Plan9
4th April 2012, 05:18
WRC Australia aiming to be an annual event and as the final round of the season

Green light for annual event | Coffs Coast News | Local News in Coffs Coast | Coffs Coast Advocate (http://m.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/story/2012/04/04/green-light-rally-australia-event-coffs-harbour/)

This can only be bad for NZ's chances unfortunatley

Brother John
4th April 2012, 09:10
Don't have it. Red it today in printed version.

Some posts and responses are moved to http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/150000-rally-discussions-comments-pub-talk.html

bassist
4th April 2012, 09:49
Two good articles highlighting very rational approach and good team culture.

I think if they took the No 1 status off Jari and made him and Petter equal,the pressure that is causing these slip up`s would decrease. It`s good that they are standing by him, but I think he would relax if he and Petter were equal.Some people can`t handle this type of pressure.

Barreis
4th April 2012, 10:07
WRC at Monte Carlo 2012: CAR Magazine's gallery | Car Blogs | Car Magazine Online (http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/Car-Magazines-Blogs/Mark-Walton/WRC-at-Monte-Carlo-2012-extra-images/)

Wonder if this is it?

Only photos are here, text is missing.

Juha_Koo
5th April 2012, 10:20
Is Daniel Elena allright? I've heard some stuff that he would have had some back problems after Portugal off.

MartijnS
5th April 2012, 10:33
He has been spotted in Vilamoura enjoying himself at some night during the rally, so it wont be that serious I think ;)

Adler
5th April 2012, 10:50
Some members here are overrating the difference in terms of "pressure" between driver n°1 or equal status I think... No matter what their status is (privateer or factory driver, number 1 or 2), there will always be pressure when people (manufacturer or sponsors) pay your drive.
I think the mistakes of JML are because he's not able to keep the concentration high during the whole weekend, more than "being number 1"...

100% agree, theres allways pressure on the drivers, except they have the very extra big wallet!

Juha_Koo
5th April 2012, 11:55
He has been spotted in Vilamoura enjoying himself at some night during the rally, so it wont be that serious I think ;)

Haha, no problems then... :)

Mise
5th April 2012, 13:09
Latvala siirtyy Volkswagenille | Ralli | Iltalehti.fi (http://www.iltalehti.fi/ralli/2012040515420574_ri.shtml)

According to Iltalehti Latvala has a contract with VW.

Hartusvuori
5th April 2012, 13:17
Latvala siirtyy Volkswagenille | Ralli | Iltalehti.fi (http://www.iltalehti.fi/ralli/2012040515420574_ri.shtml)

According to Iltalehti Latvala has a contract with VW.

That's just Iltalehti citing Autosport. For sure nothing official yet.

AMSS
5th April 2012, 15:08
He did make a pre-agreement already last year before NORF with VW. But lots of things changed after Ogier desided to go to VW so don`t so sure how it actually is now or exactly what was written in that contract!

Francis44
5th April 2012, 15:30
Sorry but Ogier and Latvala are no good duo for a team who desires the manufacteur championship.

Miika
5th April 2012, 15:31
What was actually written in the Autosport article = all sides denying any contract exists + Nissen saying that JML "has another couple of races to show he can stay on the road". So JML carrying pressure from two teams at the moment (?) Smart move naming him #1 before the season had even started..

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/669/latvalavwautosport.jpg

Gregor-y
5th April 2012, 15:35
Sorry but Ogier and Latvala are no good duo for a team who desires the manufacteur championship.
That makes Hirvonen the most desirable driver in the WRC, then, for every team!

Francis44
5th April 2012, 15:43

Yeah for me perfect duo is mad driver + fast yet consistent driver. Mad driver + mad driver = disaster.

And please do not use as example Loeb and Ogier. Loeb is much more consistent than Latvala, and so is Ogier.

Mirek
5th April 2012, 15:56

Yes, he and Sordo are the best second drivers in my opinion. Extremely consistent fast drivers who take a lot of points.

A.F.F.
5th April 2012, 16:25

Iltalehti is the bible of truth in motorsports!! How dare you question it?

User
5th April 2012, 17:14
Pretty funny that people now see Hirvonen the most desirable driver, whilst previous season some referred to him as a 'sick dog'.

Mirek
5th April 2012, 17:19
Pretty funny that people now see Hirvonen the most desirable driver, whilst previous season some referred to him as a 'sick dog'.

Are You sure it's the same people? ;)

N.O.T
5th April 2012, 18:26

As a leading driver he was... as a second driver he is every manufacturers wet dream...

T.Maanteiden kuningas
5th April 2012, 19:25
Ogier is just "ladycup" driver.

tolis
5th April 2012, 19:29
Ogier is just "ladycup" driver.
And he is drinking all the time... :D

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2012/wrc/portugalsko/nikos02.jpg

T.Maanteiden kuningas
5th April 2012, 20:00
Oh yes :D

Plan9
6th April 2012, 00:53
Yes, he and Sordo are the best second drivers in my opinion. Extremely consistent fast drivers who take a lot of points.

Also Mikko and Dani do not seem to get involved in team politics as much. Sadly both can crack under pressure

tfp
6th April 2012, 18:42
Just read on planet marcus, toyota are making plans to come back to the WRC....We've never heard that one before have we? :D

EightGear
7th April 2012, 14:02
Peter Van Merksteijn will drive only one more WRC-event this year, and that's Rally Germany. He will be more active in Dutch and German events again.

That's good. WRC isn't really where he belongs but for our national championship (which looks to be great this year) he will be a nice addition. :)

7th April 2012, 16:37
If the drivers do theyr jobb right. Driving in the WRC is way different from driving a 150km local rally where we just to flat out from the start. I think the team can score points in Rally Norway and hopefully in some other events as well.

greathttp://www.50centloseweight.com

noel157
8th April 2012, 01:56
Dutch championship seems to be the best, WRC wise, at the moment. Always good to watch. Should be an exciting season.

Plan9
8th April 2012, 04:45
That's good. WRC isn't really where he belongs but for our national championship (which looks to be great this year) he will be a nice addition. :)

Why do you think that he doesn't belong in the WRC? he pays the bills...

Wim_Impreza
8th April 2012, 09:21
Dutch championship seems to be the best, WRC wise, at the moment. Always good to watch. Should be an exciting season.

WRC wise, the Belgian championship is much better. Look at the entry list or results of the TAC Rally from yesterday: C4 WRC, Mini WRC, Focus' WRC, Impreza's WRC, 307 WRC, Corolla WRC. Later this season, there will be another C4 WRC in the Rallye de Wallonie and 1 Fiesta WRC. Probably there will be also an Octavia WRC in some rounds. I don't think another national championship has this in this difficult economic times, especially as there was also Loix in the 207 S2000, 2 Polo's S2000, some GT cars, Lancer's and Impreza's, BMW's, some small cars and much historic cars.

Most of the stages in the Netherlands aren't beautiful in my opinion. Almost all WRC cars in NL are driven by gentlemen-drivers, but I must say that it will be a good title fight there for the title.

noel157
8th April 2012, 10:40
Ok. Ta.

vino_93
8th April 2012, 14:42
WRC wise, the Belgian championship is much better. Look at the entry list or results of the TAC Rally from yesterday: C4 WRC, Mini WRC, Focus' WRC, Impreza's WRC, 307 WRC, Corolla WRC. Later this season, there will be another C4 WRC in the Rallye de Wallonie and 1 Fiesta WRC. Probably there will be also an Octavia WRC in some rounds. I don't think another national championship has this in this difficult economic times, especially as there was also Loix in the 207 S2000, 2 Polo's S2000, some GT cars, Lancer's and Impreza's, BMW's, some small cars and much historic cars.

Most of the stages in the Netherlands aren't beautiful in my opinion. Almost all WRC cars in NL are driven by gentlemen-drivers, but I must say that it will be a good title fight there for the title.

France has a good championship. Maybe better than Belgium (Loix with 207 all the season like Robert, and Sarrazin with 307, plus all the very good national drivers).

EightGear
8th April 2012, 18:42
Why do you think that he doesn't belong in the WRC? he pays the bills...

Speed-wise he doesn't. Simple as that. ;)

Regarding the Dutch championship I agree about the quality, but this year with (maybe) Kuipers, Van Merksteijn, Ten Brinke, Wevers and Van Eldik and about 5 or 6 more WRC's the championship will be very strong. All 5 of them are rather decent drivers.
In comparison with Belgium, then Belgium does have a better championship (although I would say only Tsjoen, Snijers and Loix are better than the 5 names I just mentioned).

Barreis
8th April 2012, 21:48
For N.O.T:
World Rally Championship - News - Features - Ten questions to: Matthew Wilson (http://www.wrc.com/news/features/ten-questions-to-matthew-wilson/?fid=16480)

A FONDO
8th April 2012, 22:58
What was your first car? “I had my first car when I was seven: it was a brown Ford Escort MkII. I bought it for £25 and sold it for £30, so it’s clear that I inherited the Wilson family genes!” :rotflmao:

N.O.T
8th April 2012, 23:40
another staged interview from the official M-sport web site...

Will any reporter ever have the balls to ask Slowson his opinion on his progress and why he bothers with the sport ??

MikeD
9th April 2012, 09:54
What was your first car? “I had my first car when I was seven: it was a brown Ford Escort MkII. I bought it for £25 and sold it for £30, so it’s clear that I inherited the Wilson family genes!” :rotflmao:

That's perhaps the most ridiculous and meaningless interview I have ever read.

Red bull
9th April 2012, 14:59
http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2012/04/09/thoughts/latvalas-manager-confirms-contacts-with-volkswagen/

Tomi
9th April 2012, 15:15
http://www.worldrallyblog.com/2012/04/09/thoughts/latvalas-manager-confirms-contacts-with-volkswagen/

Who run this site?? Wonder why nowdays people dont write their name after the article, so that readers would know how serious the articles should be taken.

rallyfiend
9th April 2012, 15:21
Who run this site?? Wonder why nowdays people dont write their name after the article, so that readers would know how serious the articles should be taken.

All is quite easily explained by clicking the 'About Me' button on the site!

Tomi
9th April 2012, 15:32
All is quite easily explained by clicking the 'About Me' button on the site!

Ok, thanks, and the Latvala story, interview, imagination, or copy from somewhere else?

N.O.T
9th April 2012, 16:12

i think all the places for the trailer and motorhomes window cleaners are taken...so i see no reason why they want Latvala.

rallyfiend
9th April 2012, 16:23
Ok, thanks, and the Latvala story, interview, imagination, or copy from somewhere else?

I think he's just pinched it from the Autosport article. Nothing new there.

alleskids
9th April 2012, 18:22
ofcourse Latvalla has contact with VW, but also has Al Attiyah and Mathew Wilson among other drivers. Latvala was hot last year, but he blew his hotness goodby by crashing too much.

The question is: which drivers is the best for VW if they want an manufacturer title in 2013? Sordo has more change of the second VW seat and VW has more changes with Sordo and Ogier in team 1.

Barreis
9th April 2012, 18:27
P.Solberg should be best choice for VW. Second best is Sordo.
Joukhi should pay for few more years of Latvala's crashing at ford. :D

pettersolberg29
9th April 2012, 19:05
Solberg or Sordo are the stand out options as 2nd drivers for a title assault in 2013, but JML has the potential to be one of the greatest drivers of all time in my opinion so VW may be wise to sign him up while they have the chance.

Barreis
9th April 2012, 19:07
If Latvala should be one of the greatest drivers of all time, what's then Loeb?! :D

Rallyper
9th April 2012, 19:19
If Latvala should be one of the greatest drivers of all time, what's then Loeb?! :D

Potential, as said. History not written yet. As for time being Loeb is, yes.

bluuford
9th April 2012, 19:20

You have the right to create new expression for this...

Plan9
9th April 2012, 22:31
ofcourse Latvalla has contact with VW, but also has Al Attiyah and Mathew Wilson among other drivers. Latvala was hot last year, but he blew his hotness goodby by crashing too much.

The question is: which drivers is the best for VW if they want an manufacturer title in 2013? Sordo has more change of the second VW seat and VW has more changes with Sordo and Ogier in team 1.

In answer to this: There is no way VW would want JML-Ogier team. I suspect it would be difficult to challenge Citroen for the Manufacturers title with 2 crash prone drivers. My bet would be Ogier-Sordo then a junior operation and no Juho. This way they can fight for wins and have someone else to try for the other top positions.

pettersolberg29
9th April 2012, 23:57

Potential, as said. History not written yet. As for time being Loeb is, yes.

As Rallyper says!

Allyc85
11th April 2012, 22:00
bit of a long shot but when is the 2013 calendar roughly expected to be announced, as ive just been looking at extreamly cheap flights to Nice for the 2012 Monte :D

WRCS14
11th April 2012, 22:11
For 2013 I hope you are booking flights and not 2012! I would say at previous years dates the 2013 event will run Wedensday 16th to Sunday 20th January 2013.

I would think next calendar released normaly end of April/some time in May.

Plan9
11th April 2012, 22:53
I bet NZ/Aust won't be on it. I am hearding bad things down here

tfp
11th April 2012, 23:25

Oh no, the hippies arent back are they? Park a range rover next to the stage, they might tie themselves to it or something!

12th April 2012, 02:51
Where from?

Plan9
12th April 2012, 04:09
Oh no, the hippies arent back are they? Park a range rover next to the stage, they might tie themselves to it or something!

@tpf: Not from NZ anyway. For hippies that best thing in this country is some 1080 poison and a helicopter. They will chase you will their colorful banners for miles.

@6789: I cannot name the source but lets say there are some worries; with Australia I am not sure. I read that the FIA is under some pressure to give the NZ/Au slot to someone else (ie India, Russia, China, Brazil).

Bartolbia84
12th April 2012, 08:05
In my opinion, in 2013 we will have this calendar:

Monte Carlo
Sweden + Norway
Mexico
Portugal
Argentine
Greece
New Zealand (Australia)
Finland
Germany (France)
Brazil
Spain
GB-Wales
Italy

Motorsportfun
12th April 2012, 16:27
AFAIK, it will be something with:

-Monte
-Sweden
-Mexico
-Brazil
-Argentina
-Portugal
-Finland
-Italy
-GB
-Spain
-France
-Germany
-Greece/Russia

Allyc85
12th April 2012, 18:07
For 2013 I hope you are booking flights and not 2012! I would say at previous years dates the 2013 event will run Wedensday 16th to Sunday 20th January 2013.

I would think next calendar released normaly end of April/some time in May.

:laugh: yea, just a bit of finger trouble there, I meant 2013!

I can get flights to Nice for £60 return at the moment so want to get it booked ASAP. Infact its probably cheaper than a train from Devon to London, but thats for a different thread!

dimviii
12th April 2012, 23:18
this video make me very happy if true
Kubica after accident..?

edit read the youtube comments
Robert Kubica returns after his accident at Ronde di Andora! Clio S1600 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8ztXgyR1c&feature=player_embedded)

whosyo
13th April 2012, 16:22
Hyundai have been seriously considering to paticipate in WRC
News and rumors are going around in Korea souced by anonymous hyundai engineer

rallye-vid
13th April 2012, 17:42
Hyundai i30 (the new one) is a nice looking car.. why not ;)

Mirek
13th April 2012, 17:56
Hyundai i30 (the new one) is a nice looking car.. why not ;)

It's too big for current rules I'm afraid.

Langdale Forest
13th April 2012, 18:08
But the Peugot 206 was too small for the the rules in 1999. ;)

N.O.T
13th April 2012, 18:09
But the Peugot 206 was too small for the the rules in 1999. ;)

yes but it is easier to lengthen a car than shorten it....

Viking
13th April 2012, 18:21
It's too big for current rules I'm afraid.

Would the Veloster fit??

Mirek
13th April 2012, 18:31
Hard to say. It is somewhat longer than current WRC cars but it is also lower. Hard to estimate how heavy bodyshell it has. The non-symetrical bodyshell could cause some problems though. Wheelbase would be by far longest of all cars with very small overhangs. Anyway it would be sure a beautiful car.

kiil
13th April 2012, 19:34
yes but it is easier to lengthen a car than shorten it....

Depends on the driver line-up :-)

pettersolberg29
13th April 2012, 19:41
Depends on the driver line-up :-)

Haha brilliant - sign JML asap!

ToughMac
13th April 2012, 23:10
The i20 and the ix20 would probably be better base models. Great to hear Hyundai are coming back though, its like the WRC is a sleeping giant about to reawake!

Plan9
14th April 2012, 00:46
The giant went out with a wimper last time sadly. They just ruined their chance with the accent. I think that was one of the biggest flops in the WRC's history (remeber they were supposed to come back in 2006). I just hopeif this is true they do it as a factory effort and not throught a proxy like prodrive (I couldn;t face another good car sidelined by politics)'

Juha_Koo
14th April 2012, 00:51
Esapekka Lappi is in Italy doing some tarmac driving training.

International tarmac rally(es) coming up in the summer...

14th April 2012, 02:07
Put Ostberg in the factory seat and someone into Mads seat, that's what I think will happen. Tough news for JML :(

traxx
14th April 2012, 09:14
Hyundai have been seriously considering to paticipate in WRC
News and rumors are going around in Korea souced by anonymous hyundai engineer

Could be good ! Can we read something about that somewhere ?

whosyo
14th April 2012, 10:00

There's no officially mentioned articles yet,

But ,Hyundai keep saying to news writers that we are considering the participation

back in 2011, there's a local touring car race hosted by Hyundai
and In the event's press conference, Hyundai marketing manager said "We've been seriously considering that compete in the world-class motorsport especially WRC "

There're a lot of media that handle this rumor in korea (like car magazine, web-base magazine, F1 magazine korea, etc..)
but just like what i said, there's no official announcement yet :(

p.s1 Latest date of the article that handle this rumor is April 14 2012

p.s2 sorry about my poor eng.
Those are the best sentence i can write

A FONDO
14th April 2012, 11:12
Don't hesitate sharing news and rumours from your korean medias and forums. The same applies to Hokkaido and Toyota.

Barreis
14th April 2012, 17:15
Maiden points with eight place...
World Rally Championship - News - Neuville tipped to build on Portugal points (http://www.wrc.com/news/neuville-tipped-to-build-on-portugal-points/?fid=16504)

Red bull
14th April 2012, 17:53
The new Hyundai Veloster rally car makes its 2011 Chicago Auto Show debut (http://www.torquenews.com/106/new-hyundai-veloster-rally-car-makes-its-2011-chicago-auto-show-debut)

N.O.T
14th April 2012, 18:18
hillclimb car.

big difference

Maxi
14th April 2012, 18:24
That's the car Hyundai is using for the global rallycross championship in the United States.

Coach 2
14th April 2012, 20:17
I think we all now it's not a rally car, but dam it is nice.

Motorsportfun
16th April 2012, 00:02

It was long-rumoured in the Service Park in Faro, as it looks Ford isn't going to committ beyond 2013... :)

TyPat107
16th April 2012, 00:36
hillclimb car.

big difference

Strange it looks like someone erased my comment so I will try again.

The veloster is an Accent WRC car with a different shell. the only other difference is a 40mm restrictor on the turbo due to rallycross rules.

Plan9
16th April 2012, 02:23
Strange it looks like someone erased my comment so I will try again.

The veloster is an Accent WRC car with a different shell. the only other difference is a 40mm restrictor on the turbo due to rallycross rules.

Interesting. How does this car perform against the other rallycross cars (ie Fiesta, Impreza; DS3 etc)?

TyPat107
16th April 2012, 02:49
Interesting. How does this car perform against the other rallycross cars (ie Fiesta, Impreza; DS3 etc)?

As for results, Rhys Millen took it to a 5th, 7th, and 9th and 5th at the x-games. Marcus Dodd finished 8th,and 6th in the first two events and injured himself when he came up short on one of the jumps on the third event. That was the week of Pikes Peak and another driver Laughlin O'Sullivan(former factory Mitsu USA driver) was brought in to drive the car up pikes peak where it lost its clutch about 3/4 the way up the hill.

I believe last year was kind of a development year for the team but the car seems to be somewhere between the Fiesta/ Ds3 and the Imprezas the american teams are using. It will be nice to see what they can achieve this year. Really wish he would build one for stage rally it would be refreshing to see a car that isn't an evo or impreza over here (from an impreza driver).

Plan9
16th April 2012, 03:52
That's cool. I only follow GRC casually but I am a fan of the Millens so of course I want them to do well. Its good to hear that the Accent had finally found its calling. It didn't seem to be very potent in the WRC sadly. Has Millen made the car any faster? I know he did use it as an "Accent" in a previous season before putting the Veloster body on it. Also its nice to hear an Impreza guys say something good about a new entry into rallying (comparatively speaking).

grugsticles
16th April 2012, 07:23
A car with those looks DESERVES to be a rally car!
If Subaru had released the latest generation of the Impreza with those looks I would that everyone, even die hard classic Impreza lovers, would like the car.

God damn, its just so bloody HOT!