PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

HaCo
27th December 2011, 21:07
Subaru returns to rallying: IRC
Subaru promises BRZ, Impreza STI concepts plus rally return at Tokyo Auto Salon (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/27/subaru-promises-brz-impreza-sti-concepts-plus-rally-return-at-t/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Auto blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook)

SubaruNorway
27th December 2011, 21:28
In the R4 as far as understand from the press release, nothing to be too exited about since the R4 is a waste of time.

focus206
27th December 2011, 22:10
So, for WRC 2012 is it confirmed that Van Merksteijn Jr will do 4 rounds and his father 2?
What about Kuipers? How many rounds should he do?

mousti
27th December 2011, 22:20
Kuipers will probably start his season in Sweden with the Fiesta.

Juha_Koo
28th December 2011, 00:01
Has Ramona Karlsson found budget for PWRC and/or what is her 2012 program?

Koppomsbo
28th December 2011, 06:12
Has Ramona Karlsson found budget for PWRC and/or what is her 2012 program?

If not so, you can help donate here :) Supporterklubb « Ramona Rallying (http://www.ramonarallying.com/?page_id=2451)

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2011, 06:32
Apparently Subaru will enter the IRC with their new BRZ. Which has got me interested - since the BRZ is essentially the same car as the Toyota GT86, the GT86 must also be elegible to enter the IRC. But because they're so very similar (and because so much has been made of this), it makes very little sense for both cars to be entered in the IRC. So I'm wondering if we could see the GT86 entered into the WRC (if possible under WRC regulations), or at least the SWRC. It would be in Toyota's interests, since they were good at rallying and their motorsport project needs a bit of a boost after the disaster that was their Formula 1 programme. I doubt it will happen, but those cars look damn good. I would not be upset to see them in the WRC in some form.

TyPat107
28th December 2011, 06:39
Don't think Subaru will enter irc with the bra, but the impreza r4 instead.

Prisoner Monkeys
28th December 2011, 06:45
Ah, right. Well, the article I read did feel as if it had been run through a translation program first.

jbmarcus21
28th December 2011, 12:12
#WRC Really strange news speak about FIA would like to eliminate codriver inside WRC to replace them by call center AUTOhebdo SPORT. El Mundial de Rallyes, sin copilotos (http://t.co/M5gh1Avh)

jbmarcus21
28th December 2011, 12:22
yes it is the Fools day there.. sorry ;)

SubaruNorway
28th December 2011, 12:22
Apparently Subaru will enter the IRC with their new BRZ. Which has got me interested - since the BRZ is essentially the same car as the Toyota GT86, the GT86 must also be elegible to enter the IRC. But because they're so very similar (and because so much has been made of this), it makes very little sense for both cars to be entered in the IRC. So I'm wondering if we could see the GT86 entered into the WRC (if possible under WRC regulations), or at least the SWRC. It would be in Toyota's interests, since they were good at rallying and their motorsport project needs a bit of a boost after the disaster that was their Formula 1 programme. I doubt it will happen, but those cars look damn good. I would not be upset to see them in the WRC in some form.

R4 in IRC like they did this year with Arai and Nuthara.

"BRZ GT300 (scheduled participation in the 2012 Super GT race); Impreza WRX STI (scheduled participation in the 2012 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race); and Impreza WRX STI Group R4 specification model.
・Subaru will announce its entries of the Super GT races, Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) and 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race in 2012."

danon
29th December 2011, 20:19
Michèle Mouton (http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/fiasport/2011/Pages/fia-mouton.aspx) has been awarded the rank of Chevalier of the Légion d'Honneur by France’s President, Nicolas Sarkozy.

http://www.automobilsport.com/uploads/_neustart/August-1-2010/Michele_Mouton2.jpg

tfp
29th December 2011, 23:44
Yep he owns a own garage, where he's liking it more than driving a rally car..

Boo! :down: :(

WRCfan
30th December 2011, 01:00
I spotted the link about Subaru bringing some tuned versions to the Tokyo Auto Salon. I will be there photographing so anything that comes along will be sure to throw it up on the forums here. I hope there is some substance to the claims.

Subaru promises BRZ, Impreza STI concepts plus rally return at Tokyo Auto Salon (http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/27/subaru-promises-brz-impreza-sti-concepts-plus-rally-return-at-t/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fautoblog+%28Auto blog%29&utm_content=FaceBook)

darkstar
30th December 2011, 12:07
Boo! :down: :(

honestly, i don´t think that duval don´t likes to drive. but probably he just can´t, because no one will give him some money...and now there´s neuville, so no need for an older belgian driver who´s known as a crash kid and unfriendly guy. anyhow, i always liked duval and his maximum attack driving style. but neuville even seems to be more crazy without crashing so often ;)

Barreis
30th December 2011, 12:40
Don't like that Neuville but Duval is great. Don't care about personality.

Josti
30th December 2011, 13:07
Don't like that Neuville but Duval is great. Don't care about personality.

So what's not likeable about Neuville when personality doesn't matter? Such a random comment.

Barreis
30th December 2011, 13:10
You can like somebody or not, that's it.

Josti
30th December 2011, 13:13
You can like somebody or not, that's it.

Yeah I don't care for his face either...

Barreis
30th December 2011, 13:36
We'll see him next year against Loeb.

Mintexmemory
30th December 2011, 13:50
We'll see him next year against Loeb.
So we are comparing an 8 time world champ against a rookie who has only seen a few WRC events in a JWRC car and who won't have a single pace note that means anything.
If we are looking for comparisons - how will he compare against Ott and will he outpace Matthew Wilson from the very first.
His progress has been startling, and yes I know it is IRC but no dummy ever won the Tour de Corse in whatever series it was held

Barreis
30th December 2011, 14:30
Well, they will battle in the same championship. Don't want to compare with driver from 5th place, only with best.

mousti
30th December 2011, 17:20
honestly, i don´t think that duval don´t likes to drive. but probably he just can´t, because no one will give him some money...and now there´s neuville, so no need for an older belgian driver who´s known as a crash kid and unfriendly guy. anyhow, i always liked duval and his maximum attack driving style. but neuville even seems to be more crazy without crashing so often ;)
He's not motivated that's for sure, if he states he only want to drive WRC in a full program with a WRC full option.. He declined a deal with Proton. Basso didn't who's also a very fast pilot not so talent like Duval but he took it. If you're motivated u take every chance. Duval Sr was also dissapointed in him because of that..

And Neuville is a very marketable guy, something that Duval hadn't, Thierry is already the face of Zeiss and is sponsored by Superdry. That doesn't happen often that a rally driver here in Belgian is so popular with kinda big brands.

danon
30th December 2011, 17:49
Neuville Was Right for Top IRC Drive | World Rally Sport (http://www.worldrallysport.com/node/8903)

AndyRAC
30th December 2011, 18:01
He's not motivated that's for sure, if he states he only want to drive WRC in a full program with a WRC full option.. He declined a deal with Proton. Basso didn't who's also a very fast pilot not so talent like Duval but he took it. If you're motivated u take every chance. Duval Sr was also dissapointed in him because of that..

And Neuville is a very marketable guy, something that Duval hadn't, Thierry is already the face of Zeiss and is sponsored by Superdry. That doesn't happen often that a rally driver here in Belgian is so popular with kinda big brands.

No, you'd expect Boonen or Gilbert to get all top brands....

I truly believe that Thierry is destined for great things - he just needs plenty of experience, particularly on gravel....give him time.

Allyc85
30th December 2011, 19:03
On the other hand it's the first time in a looong period we have a young Belgian guy in the WRC. For marketing Duval shouldn't be an example...

If you could put sponsorship on the bottom of a car marketing wouldnt be a problem for Duval, it wouldnt take him long to show it ;)

Francis44
30th December 2011, 19:19
According to Autosport.pt, Bruno Magalhães is trying to do the IRC next year, he is just awaiting some answers for sponsors.

He wants to continue to work with Carlos Barros (ex-Peugeot Sport Portugal boss). If the project fails then he's back to the national championship.

Meanwhile both 207's from Peugeot Portugal were sold to Italy.

pucky54
30th December 2011, 19:24
According to Autosport.pt, Bruno Magalhães is trying to do the IRC next year, he is just awaiting some answers for sponsors.

He wants to continue to work with Carlos Barros (ex-Peugeot Sport Portugal boss). If the project fails then he's back to the national championship.

Meanwhile both 207's from Peugeot Portugal were sold to Italy.

Hopefully it will work out for them...

danon
30th December 2011, 21:34
... Meanwhile both 207's from Peugeot Portugal were sold to Italy.

Thierry Neuville's cars Peugeot 207 S2000 Evo 2011 up for sale too :arrow: Welcome on www.rallycarsforsale.net (http://www.rallycarsforsale.net/index.php?ct=fsrca&md=details&id=58716)

Barreis
30th December 2011, 22:24
Must say that this is very nice story.
How A $500 Craigslist Car Beat $400K Rally Racers (http://jalopnik.com/5497042/how-a-500-craigslist-car-beat-400k-rally-racers)

Andre Oliveira
31st December 2011, 11:57
In my opinion, the ban on advertising tobacco and alcohol is slowly killing motorsport. They were large companies such as Martini, Marlboro, ... that helped the official teams.

tolis
31st December 2011, 15:12
Fredrik Ahlin has confirmed he'll do WRC Academy next year:

Now is it Confirmed, I will drive the Wrc Academy in 2012 and i hope this years experience can help me find the needed consistency and be one of the title contenders this year! And to every one, A Happy New Year!!!

Barreis
31st December 2011, 15:16
In my opinion, the ban on advertising tobacco and alcohol is slowly killing motorsport. They were large companies such as Martini, Marlboro, ... that helped the official teams.

Must say that didn't think about this before but it's true.

Barreis
31st December 2011, 17:56
Volkswagen: Carlos Sainz has raised level of team - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96857)

Micke_VOC
1st January 2012, 13:45
Mads Østberg i fyr og flamme - Østfold - NRK Nyheter (http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/ostfold/1.7935520)

Ford or Citroen for Mads Östberg according to this article.

And Brynildssen have no budget for 2012..

alleskids
1st January 2012, 14:26
No Mini for Ostberg? It is a golden oppertunity. The Mini is (almost) on level with Ford, and he can sit first rang with a factory car, instead of being the 7th Ford driver.

danon
1st January 2012, 17:52
Van Merksteijns treten kürzer*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2011/12/31/van-merksteijns-treten-kuerzer/index.html)

PLuto
1st January 2012, 17:57
No Mini for Ostberg? It is a golden oppertunity. The Mini is (almost) on level with Ford, and he can sit first rang with a factory car, instead of being the 7th Ford driver.

But offer from Mini is much more expensive than Ford and Citroen. And not so better...

MikeD
1st January 2012, 19:18

There's no ban on alcohol in motorsport ... McLaren ran Johnnie Walker as a sponsor this year and Force India ran with Whyte & Mackay whisky this year.

Prisoner Monkeys
1st January 2012, 22:26
There is such a social stigma attached to tobacco branding that no team would accept money from a cigarette company, even if there were no laws or bans.

Andre Oliveira
1st January 2012, 22:41
Ferrari has Marlboro advertising "camuflated" for some reason.

noel157
1st January 2012, 23:11
There is such a social stigma attached to tobacco branding that no team would accept money from a cigarette company, even if there were no laws or bans.

Not sure (some teams anyway) any stigma for a cash starved sport like WRC especially outside Europe and North America. You really think a team would refuse 2 or 3 or 5 million? Ask Papa Wilson.
As said Ferrari are Marlboro sponsored and just extended it to 2015 along with Ducati.

AndyRAC
1st January 2012, 23:22
Ferrari has Marlboro advertising "camuflated" for some reason.

Phillip Morris (owners of Marlboro) own all the sponsorship space on the Ferrari.....

Andre Oliveira
1st January 2012, 23:42
Ok, but the make are hide with the barcode stlyle.

Prisoner Monkeys
2nd January 2012, 00:47
Ferrari are the only team that really accepts money from a tobacco company. They cover it up with the barcode design, but that doesn't exactly to much for them - everyone knows the barcode means "Marlboro". They supposedly removed the Marlboro barcode from the car, dropped the company from their team name (they're now "Scuderia Ferrari" instead of "Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro") and introduced a new team logo, but the team logo looks suspiciously like the new Marlboro packets ...

Plan9
2nd January 2012, 03:03
As Ogier is apparently doing every rally in something, is he entitled to be classified as in the SWRC or not? As is he is not allowed in the SWRC; that little championship could be blown wide open.

ProRally
2nd January 2012, 06:05
As Ogier is apparently doing every rally in something, is he entitled to be classified as in the SWRC or not? As is he is not allowed in the SWRC; that little championship could be blown wide open.

IF there is SWRC Championship this year, there are only 6 entrants and FIA has right to cancel the series if less then 10

Brynildsen just said no budget for SWRC, I was hoping he was 1 extra entrant....

MikeD
2nd January 2012, 07:45

There is a growing issue with tobacco in the old Western world, but there are more smokers in China alone than there are people living in Western Europe and US combined. Last year there were an estimated 600 million smokers in China (Source: CNBC)

It's still good business (just check the stock prices on tobacco companies). The cigaret combanies biggest problems are counter fitting where classic brands are copied and filled with crap tobacco and sold cheaply all over the world.

Plan9
2nd January 2012, 08:10
IF there is SWRC Championship this year, there are only 6 entrants and FIA has right to cancel the series if less then 10

Brynildsen just said no budget for SWRC, I was hoping he was 1 extra entrant....

Wow if that is the case then who will those who enter a s2000 be competing against? What will happen to the current 6 entrants?

liposh
2nd January 2012, 08:12
ProRally: This is the situation Volkswagen was waiting for. They are not dummies. They will enter the swrc. Nobody will worry they are factory team and they have more money in such situation, they will save the SWRC and will be heroes.

Mirek
2nd January 2012, 08:17
I don't think they care about that.

Viking
2nd January 2012, 08:35

The FIA may consider registrations until 10 January 2012, subject to agreement and availability

jonlint
2nd January 2012, 08:52
There's no ban on alcohol in motorsport ... McLaren ran Johnnie Walker as a sponsor this year and Force India ran with Whyte & Mackay whisky this year.

Correct - restrictions are country specific. Finland for example bans alcohol advertising above a certain % content, UK does not. We ran Carib Beer advertising on our car on Wales Rally GB 06.

ProRally
2nd January 2012, 12:20
The FIA may consider registrations until 10 January 2012, subject to agreement and availability

Correct, but that is next week tuesday.... just a week for 4 more to register in a not so cheap championship....

Alternative, maybe FIA will let it 'ride' and do it with less then 10....

Mirek
2nd January 2012, 12:23
Wasn't that the case of last JWRC season?

noel157
2nd January 2012, 12:27
Can't see FIA cancelling S-WRC, 6 or whatever entrants, it'll still run.

rallyfiend
2nd January 2012, 12:35
Can't see FIA cancelling S-WRC, 6 or whatever entrants, it'll still run.

Agree. With what they're letting Prodrive get away with, they'd be hard pressed to screw anyone else too much.

mousti
2nd January 2012, 14:12
Arzeno will probably do French Championship Asphalt, so no IRC?? :-/

jens
2nd January 2012, 16:19
So who could buy the second Mini seat for loose surface rallies of the season instead of Östberg?

Barreis
2nd January 2012, 17:00
Bad times for WRC.

noel157
2nd January 2012, 19:11
As expected Quesnel has moved on.

Juha_Koo
2nd January 2012, 19:34
Just out of curiosity, what's the scheme with Bouffier in Polish championship where he drives "Tedex WRC" P207 S2000? Is he payed?

Tom206wrc
2nd January 2012, 19:35
As expected Quesnel has moved on.

:confused:

darkstar
2nd January 2012, 19:55
Just out of curiosity, what's the scheme with Bouffier in Polish championship where he drives "Tedex WRC" P207 S2000? Is he payed?

i think so yes, he´s doing polish championchip for some years now, as far as i remember he was polish champion once too.

pucky54
2nd January 2012, 20:01
i think so yes, he´s doing polish championchip for some years now, as far as i remember he was polish champion once too.

Not only once, three times!!!!!

darkstar
2nd January 2012, 20:23
hehe ok ;) at least 33,33% right then...

MTA
2nd January 2012, 20:49
"It's time to re-establish history" - so says the press release from Sweden World Rally Team with the aim to give a Swedish drivers the chance to compete in the WRC in 2012.

An awesome line-up behind the initiative, including Bjorn Waldegard, Stig Blomqvist, Thomas Rådström, Jan Pettersson, Leif Asterhag and Staffan Parmander

There will be an exciting start to the year 2012 Swedish Rally, despite the dreary winter weather here around the Mälardalen region.
A long-awaited press releases by e-mail came from Sweden World Rally Team.
In the mail, you can read:
"- 1979, Bjorn Waldegard the first World Champions. Five years later it was again time for a Swedish to step onto the throne when Stig Blomqvist drove home the World Championship title.

- Rally was red hot and is one of the great popular sports in Sweden. The money flowed and re-growth flourished. But then something happened. While the sport was growing more and more international, they were Swedish talent increasingly difficult to deliver. Talent there, but they never got the chance. Until now.

- Sweden World Rally Team is a joint effort by some of the biggest rally profiles of all time. Together, they have hundreds of World Cup starts, delsegrar and World Cup titles in track list. And a tremendous skill.

-Sweden World Rally Team is an elite investment that gives a Swedish drivers the chance to compete in the WRC class already in 2012. "

Monday, January 9 is Sweden World Rally Team press conference and it will be interesting to see what, or what, drivers will be matched up.

The rumor says that it's Patrik Sandell to drive a Mini in Sweden Championship and some WRC events.

MikeD
2nd January 2012, 21:06
Great news with Sweden WRT. If it's MINI they chose I expect it to be run by Grifone. They seem - together with Motorsport Italia - to be the team that now has experience running the MINI WRC car.

One note: I would chose PG over Sandell

noel157
2nd January 2012, 21:21
Think PG is busy that weekend...........

tolis
2nd January 2012, 21:42
PG will drive the Proton in SWRC, so he'll be busy all season...

Mirek
2nd January 2012, 22:03

He wasn't Peugeot Polska official driver in last two years (before yes). Those were Kuchar (2010) and Grzyb (2011). Bouffier was using private car with Polish sponsors.

jbmarcus21
3rd January 2012, 11:57
happy to present that what i have filmed this year in rally : my BEST OF 2011 video.

Best Of 2011 PLANETEMARCUS.COM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8L9-uONld4)

Enjoy

Motorsportfun
3rd January 2012, 15:49
Prodrive-Mini-Ehe vor dem Aus*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/01/03/prodrive-mini-ehe-vor-dem-aus/index.html)

MINI will be another Suzuki with just 1 year in the series?

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2012, 16:18
Prodrive-Mini-Ehe vor dem Aus*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/01/03/prodrive-mini-ehe-vor-dem-aus/index.html)

MINI will be another Suzuki with just 1 year in the series?

Shame :s

Barreis
3rd January 2012, 16:23
It seems that guys like Richards and Wilson are unreal about costs of WRC for value of sport. Germans aren't stupid to give all that money for nothing.

rallyfiend
3rd January 2012, 16:29
It seems that guys like Richards and Wilson are unreal about costs of WRC for value of sport. Germans aren't stupid to give all that money for nothing.

Clearly DR is more unreal than Wilson!

Franky
3rd January 2012, 16:31

Very brave and stupid statement, I'd say.

Barreis
3rd January 2012, 16:43
Remember that MSD asked from hyundai 250 000euros or GBP/car/rally for low results. It's normally that manufacturer left. And now this situation with promoter, very bad for sport.

noel157
3rd January 2012, 17:28
Official CRT video and interview with Hirvonen:

Citroën Racing - WRC 2012 - Hirvonen testing the DS3 WRC before Monte-Carlo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09n_-La96k)

Karukera
3rd January 2012, 17:38
Do you have exact info about the budget from Prodrive and M-Sport? If yes, please post them on the forum. If no, please stop talking about things you don't know anything about.

Absolutely and it also does apply to all forum 'certified accountants' who claim Citroën and Ford spent/d a hell of a lot of money for peanuts.

Martin Luijk
3rd January 2012, 17:41
Official CRT video and interview with Hirvonen:

Citroën Racing - WRC 2012 - Hirvonen testing the DS3 WRC before Monte-Carlo - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09n_-La96k)

It's interesting. Especially when he says: "Many things have become more clear to me as well, why we have before maybe has been slower in some areas". Maybe he is saying that the DS3 is a better car than the Fiesta, especially on the asphalt.

noel157
3rd January 2012, 17:58
It's interesting. Especially when he says: "Many things have become more clear to me as well, why we have before maybe has been slower in some areas". Maybe he is saying that the DS3 is a better car than the Fiesta, especially on the asphalt.

No maybe-s about it! :) We could've told him that ourselves. LOL.

Allyc85
3rd January 2012, 18:41
Deffo no maybe about it!

I know he has signed up to be Loeb's bitch, but he dosnt exactly look as happy as someone might when they have just joined the best team in the world!

noel157
3rd January 2012, 18:44
Presume he was told not to gloat, just to play it cool........LOL.

Tom206wrc
3rd January 2012, 18:48
Clearly DR is more unreal than Wilson!

Another example of unreality: the wanted competitivity of the particular engine of the endurance/Le Mans AMR ONE last year :p :

OldF
3rd January 2012, 19:46
This is what Mikko (Petter Solberg) said on MTV3’s web site.

Google Kääntäjä (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fi&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv3.fi%2Furheilu%2Fralli%2Fuut iset.shtml%2F2012%2F01%2F1469009%2Fhirvonen-fordilla-ja-citroenilla-erilainen-ajatusmaailma)

In this (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/2012/01/1469007/hirvonen-citroenilla-valilla-kukaan-ei-ymmarra-toisiaan) link he tells that (very bad google translation to English):

Mikko says, settled down in the Citroen rally team, even if with the French language, there is still a lot of studying.

Doe French language is now ten times better than a month ago, but it is not taken me very far.

Mikko has been tested during the autumn Citroen WRC car gravel and asphalt. Joint working days with the team's test team has been a week or so.

It has lightened the mood well, when I tried to learn French and to teach the mechanics Finnish. Engineers speak good English, but the mechanics with a lot of fun, sometimes the feeling is that nobody understands each other, but still get along well.

To go to a new team was not easy with so many years with M-Sport.

I was little nervous. I had managed to create a good atmoshere at M-Sport and I knew exactly how everything works, Mikko says.

On the other hand I was interested in the challenge, Citroen has always been a very strong team. It has often been a sense, if I had sometimes a chance to drive the Citroen, and to see is Citroen so different.

dimviii
3rd January 2012, 19:57
WRC 2012 - Loeb testing the Citroën la DS3 WRC before Monte Carlo Rally - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt1BiVdT1Yw)

Barreis
3rd January 2012, 22:06
Exclusive (http://t.co/oB0o8z1c)

Voice of the rally.

Andre Oliveira
3rd January 2012, 23:03
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388174_269397999786535_184151181644551_751954_1797 134368_n.jpghttp://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401471_269397646453237_184151181644551_751953_1183 051254_n.jpghttp://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394928_269512303108438_184151181644551_752372_1308 506825_n.jpghttp://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381677_292933450744755_116170635087705_868690_1193 583480_n.jpghttp://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/397820_268841169842218_184151181644551_748928_2056 086384_n.jpg

Some WRC dreams...

OldF
3rd January 2012, 23:35
Do you have exact info about the budget from Prodrive and M-Sport? If yes, please post them on the forum. If no, please stop talking about things you don't know anything about.

The only figures I’ve seen when there was a programme series called “Engineering the World rally” on Discovery. Discovery made a 6 part programme of Prodrive that year when they struggled with the “snake” problem (I can’t recall the year).

In rally GB they compared budgets, staff etc. with a young British driver Kevin Davies driving a Fiesta ST 150.

The result of the comparison was:

Price tag = 35 500 € for the Fiesta vs. 600 000 € for the Subaru
Staff = 8 part time volunteers for the Fiesta team vs. 170 full time professionals for Subaru (Prodrive)
Budget = 50 000 € for the Fiesta team vs. 50 000 000 € for Subaru (Prodrive)

This sounds a bit specific because it was ten times bigger than Kevin's budget.

Plan9
4th January 2012, 01:26
Does anyone have the figures for what a team like Hyundai or Mini might have spent. I suppose they would not have the same amounts as the above???

N.O.T
4th January 2012, 01:55
Does anyone have the figures for what a team like Hyundai or Mini might have spent

No.

Salist
4th January 2012, 13:15
Nice dreams!

tolis
4th January 2012, 18:28
Louise Cook will do Monte Carlo, Acropolis, New Zealand, Germany, Italy and Spain in her Fiesta. She'll take points in the Production Cup for 2WD.

oph
4th January 2012, 19:36
Some photos of marius aasen testing his Fiesta S2000. Veggbilder | Facebook (http://nb-no.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.185955998100692.47465.181005751929050&type=3)

Theres an another fiesta there aswell;-)

Source: Bullstar performance @ facebook.

tolis
4th January 2012, 19:43
The other Fiesta is Mad's Fiesta WRC! So Mads tested the Fiesta!!!

Fly
4th January 2012, 20:06
Don't know if it's been mentioned before:

Rumours in Belgium say that Yves Matton is taking over Quesnel's place at Citroen. It should be official shortly.

noel157
4th January 2012, 20:22
It was mentioned a few days ago. http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/128975-news-rumours-part-ii-402.html
I think Matton is favourite for the position.

mousti
4th January 2012, 20:23
Only at Citroen it seems, I heard this too today. So probably Quesnel will leading Peugeot Sport still in Le Mans, or they probably searching somebody good for circuit series too :)

tfp
4th January 2012, 20:27
Only at Citroen it seems, I heard this too today. So probably Quesnel will leading Peugeot Sport still in Le Mans, or they probably searching somebody good for circuit series too :)

It should be intersting if he just leaves Citroen or leaves PSA altogethor. IMO Alain Prost would make a good replacement for him at Peugeot Lemans :)

danon
4th January 2012, 22:48
Carlos Sainz and Luis Moya, together again in the WRC :arrow: Autofacil.es. Actualidad del motor, noticias del motor. Pruebas de coches. Reportajes del mundo del motor. El sitio de información del motor más incisivo y dinámico. (http://www.autofacil.es/noticias/carlos-sainz-y-luis-moya-de-nuevo-juntos-en-el-wrc)

mousti
4th January 2012, 23:00
Probably 2 events starting off with Deutschland.

Andre Oliveira
4th January 2012, 23:50
IMO, El Matador can win again...

danon
5th January 2012, 00:30

I doubt it! But I'll be happy to see El Matador giving a good shake to some of the younger WRC bulls.

bjalverud
5th January 2012, 09:06
Belgian Yves Matton to replace Quesnel
AUTOhebdo.fr | WRC*: Yves Matton remplace Quesnel (http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/breve-26-1-20575/050112-wrc%C2%A0-yves-matton-remplace-quesnel)

N.O.T
5th January 2012, 09:09

where you base that assumption ?

noel157
5th January 2012, 09:26
Belgian Yves Matton to replace Quesnel
AUTOhebdo.fr | WRC*: Yves Matton remplace Quesnel (http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/breve-26-1-20575/050112-wrc%C2%A0-yves-matton-remplace-quesnel)

CRT press release- Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.citroen-wrc.com%2Ffr%2Fsaison%2F2011%2Frallye%2Fgrande-bretagne%2Fles-communiques%231023&act=url)

Andre Oliveira
5th January 2012, 09:47
Saunz is a pure talent, rally is made for drivers like him...

N.O.T
5th January 2012, 09:59

are you aware he was born half a century ago ??

Brother John
5th January 2012, 10:04

Is this Posts here at home in this thread?

Barreis
5th January 2012, 11:44
Happy that Quesnel is gone.

Barreis
5th January 2012, 14:02
Any news about FIA/Eurosport possible deal?

Motorsportfun
5th January 2012, 14:26
Any news about FIA/Eurosport possible deal?

An announcement is expected today. But could also be delayed... :)

tfp
5th January 2012, 18:01
Happy that Quesnel is gone.

+1 :up: Me too!

Allyc85
5th January 2012, 19:15
An announcement is expected today. But could also be delayed... :)

How can it be taking so long, the whole situation is a joke and makes the WRC look even worse to potential sponsors and fans!

Martin Luijk
6th January 2012, 14:22
Kevin Abbring has told to a Dutch news radiostation that he singed a one year contract with Volkswagen. He will do some testing in the Polo WRC and some rally s with the Fabia S2000.

MJW
6th January 2012, 14:29
WRC promoter story link
World Rally Championship close to promotion solution - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96906)

EightGear
6th January 2012, 18:42
For those interested, here is the interview with Abbring on Dutch radio.

BNR - Nieuwsradio (http://www.bnr.nl/?service=player&type=column&audioId=1377185)

Takes a bit of time before he's in the show though.

Brother John
6th January 2012, 18:52
Nice to see here real news on this trhread.

AndyRAC
6th January 2012, 19:05
https://twitter.com/#!/voiceofrally

Seems as if it is Eurosport....

Barreis
6th January 2012, 20:10
Then I'm really happy. Very good for promotion of the sport.

noel157
6th January 2012, 20:17
Kevin Abbring has told to a Dutch news radiostation that he singed a one year contract with Volkswagen. He will do some testing in the Polo WRC and some rally s with the Fabia S2000.

Martin, did he say VW had an option on him for longer?

Motorsportfun
6th January 2012, 20:27
It's just a shame the people that has worked hard 'till now at NOS, will not be absorbed by Eurosport! :(

tfp
6th January 2012, 20:52
I've just read on iRally that qatar has pulled out of buying Nos? Thanks to ill-treatment from the Fia?!

Martin Luijk
6th January 2012, 21:16
Martin, did he say VW had an option on him for longer?

He said he signed a deal for this year with VW a few days ago and that the focus will be on the testing with the Polo WRC and that he will do some rallies in the Skoda Fabia S2000. But he sad nothing about how much testing (like hours or something). He did not sad anything about other years, he has to prove himself this year.

noel157
6th January 2012, 21:18
Thanks Martin, appreciate that.

Juha_Koo
6th January 2012, 21:38
Very very bad news, Qatar has left the negotiations and North One Sport WRC is dead - apparently the WRC crew got sacked immediatly (for example Gaye Grinstead commenting "That's it" on Twitter).

Eurosport will film Monte (and Sweden?) but no word on the rights yet...

AndyRAC
6th January 2012, 21:46
It's confusing, as there has been no official statement from any of the parties - a complete shambles. What is going on?

oph
6th January 2012, 21:50
Peter baert on twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/peterbaert)

Barreis
6th January 2012, 21:53
Very very bad news, Qatar has left the negotiations and North One Sport WRC is dead - apparently the WRC crew got sacked immediatly (for example Gaye Grinstead commenting "That's it" on Twitter).

In terms of law it's clear 'cos their parent company was in administration.

noel157
6th January 2012, 21:55

Bex said "Thinking of my friends right now. You know who you are."

alleskids
6th January 2012, 21:58
FIA autoriza MINI no WRC 2012 'à condição' - Autosport.pt (http://autosport.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=as.stories/102438)

according to Portuguese media. FIA has offered Prodrive a deal to registr as M1 to allow M2 teams to register ( Nobre and Araujo). They have to do minimum 7 (2 outside Europe) and be cut on test days. Ford and Citroen have also to acccept this deal.

The FIA ​​will allow the MINI registering in the WRC 2012 without complying with all rules previously established, under strict conditions and only for the season which starts next week with the Monte Carlo Rally.
First MINI have to commit to participate in seven events, five in Europe and two out. The Citroen and Ford have to approve the agreement. Thirdly, the number of days of testing allowed or 'upgrades' to the MINI John Cooper Works WRC will be reduced proportionally to the number of agreed evidence, and finally the FIA will not accept any registration of M2 teams wishing to run with the MINI If Prodrive do not accept these conditions. In addition the use of a "joker" (most significant evolution) to JCW MINI WRC depends only on the BMW, the "Builder" in accordance with the procedures of the FIA. If the BMW will do or not can only be known after a board meeting of the BMW, just before the trip Ral Sweden, will be known. Prodrive will give a final answer in the coming days. In short, the FIA allows the rule requiring a team to participate in M1 thirteen WRC events with two cars is "light", but subject to the agreement of Ford and Citroen reduces the days of testing and new parts, through a rule of "three simple" and requires Prodrive to accept the agreement under penalty of pilots wishing to run for MINI in WRC, Armindo Araújo for example, can not do with this car, M2 because any team can only run with a car that "exists" in M1 (Builders). If such rules were met and what was published, there was only Citroen DS3 WRC and Ford Focus WRC WRC between official and unofficial.

Motorsportfun
6th January 2012, 22:07
It's confusing, as there has been no official statement from any of the parties - a complete shambles. What is going on?

Looks Eurosport will put his staff and crews to produce the WRC, so North One Sport will fire his employes... :(

Barreis
6th January 2012, 22:19
In reality NOS is total disaster for years. Only good were live streams last season.

jbmarcus21
6th January 2012, 22:28
#WRC First contact between Thierry Neuville & DS3 WRC [PHOTO] #WRC First contact between Thierry Neuville & DS3 WRC [PH... on Twitpic (http://t.co/s99OSZow)

MartijnS
6th January 2012, 22:30
Looks Eurosport will put his staff and crews to produce the WRC, so North One Sport will fire his employes... :(

I thought nobody liked their footage anyway.. ;)
Sorry for them though.

I'm cool with Eurosport!

Motorsportfun
6th January 2012, 22:43
I thought nobody liked their footage anyway.. ;)
Sorry for them though.

I'm cool with Eurosport!

Well, the level of TV production for the Power Stage is WAY better than IRC. Graphics more accurate (and less invasive), more roadside cameras (IRC got just heli and onboards, except stop-line and "camera finish"... quite poor), etc...

mousti
6th January 2012, 22:57
Power Stage is build for many roadside camera's it are short stages. Monte Carlo and Corsica stages were quite long many roadside camera's are not so Evident then to broadcast it all perfectly with the team u got.

EightGear
6th January 2012, 23:06
The only thing I hope is this will be good for the sport in the future.

Of course I feel very sorry for all the people at North One Sport who just lost their job (I guess) and all of their hard work has been for nothing. On the other hand, NOS has had it's chance and they didn't fully live up to it. But if we believe the stories about NOS recently about their hard work and their willingness to improve the coverage, both on TV and online, then I'm curious to see what they would have come up with. Their livestream on Rallye de France last year was good and promosing. It remains to be seen whether Eurosport can do something similar.

What would have been better, NOS or Eurosport? We will never know, but judging by facts and things we know, I tend to say Eurosport will be better. Their IRC coverage is quite good. I'm VERY curious to see what will happen with the IRC now though!

Motorsportfun
6th January 2012, 23:07
Power Stage is build for many roadside camera's it are short stages. Monte Carlo and Corsica stages were quite long many roadside camera's are not so Evident then to broadcast it all perfectly with the team u got.

Portugal's Power Stage was 30 km long and had surprisingly a Jimmy-Jib camera, other than all the other stuff!! ;)

Juha_Koo
6th January 2012, 23:14
On a sidenote, one special thing I'm worried about is WRC onboards - AFAIK North One Sport has a huge database of them (all from atleast 2001 onwards) and I would hate to see them ending up to trash. It would be a rally-cultural genocide.

mousti
6th January 2012, 23:15
What's a Jimmy-Jib camera.

Francis44
6th January 2012, 23:36
Portugal's Power Stage was 30 km long and had surprisingly a Jimmy-Jib camera, other than all the other stuff!! ;)

I think that was put out at rally's organization expenses.

DonJippo
6th January 2012, 23:40

Here is some reading about the negotiations with FIA...

Can I Race It?: Statement by North One Television over the WRC rights issue (http://neil-hudson.blogspot.com/2012/01/statement-by-north-one-television-over.html?m=1)

TyPat107
7th January 2012, 02:01
I know this is going to sound bad, but why not put ken block behind the wheel of it(and out from behind the one in the car). Like him or not, Look what he did with his own brand. Don't care much for the guy but promotion is his thing

Plan9
7th January 2012, 03:23
I noticed that the launch video for the DS3 in 2010 was quite block-style.

noel157
7th January 2012, 08:47
Rumours that Jean Todt is on holiday in Bali when the WRC is falling apart. Well done Jean, enjoy yourself.

wildsir
7th January 2012, 09:49
OK then, Jean Todt has won.
Eurosport will now take over promotion of WRC.
Im sure, this was his objective from day one.
IRC will now become a feeder to WRC
The same promoter will own both.
BMW are happy, as they now have free to air coverage in Germany.
Todt will think it not a bad solution.

Rallyper
7th January 2012, 10:24
Are we happy with the way NOS has covered the WRC? No, regarding all the quotes on this forum.

Are we happy with the coverage of IRC (Eurosport)? Yes, regarding all the quotes on this forum.

So what, then?

Let´s hope this brings something good for the sport and WRC in particular. Maybe Mini gets some more money from BMW as a result.

Motorsportfun
7th January 2012, 10:52
What's a Jimmy-Jib camera.

Portugal Rally 2011 Day 3 - Power Stage Live part 2 www.PeriTroxon.gr (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoSVKOxRd_s) - YouTube

3:48 and 4:56

http://www.peteburns.com/Gallery/crewgallery/images/jimmy4.jpg

RS
7th January 2012, 11:06
Here is some reading about the negotiations with FIA...

Can I Race It?: Statement by North One Television over the WRC rights issue (http://neil-hudson.blogspot.com/2012/01/statement-by-north-one-television-over.html?m=1)

Well if they had any chance left they don't now. Quite unprofessional press statement.

I guess it is too late for live coverage of Monte to be arranged.

Prisoner Monkeys
7th January 2012, 11:32
The deal with Qatar has reportedly collapsed:

Eurosport set to become World Rally Championship promoter as North One's Qatar deal falls through - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96911)

Eurosport is expected to pick up the WRC, with NOS to close on Monday.

Barreis
7th January 2012, 12:08
In last 11 years they destroyed WRC.

GigiGalliNo1
7th January 2012, 12:17
I hope the guys who've lost their jobs at NOS get something from Eurosport! On Monday, their office (NOS) is closed :(

AndyRAC
7th January 2012, 13:19

It would be interesting to see their achievements over that period, and were the WRC stands now, in comparison to when they took over. Remember, DR bought ISC off Bernie, and since then, they've filmed the coverage. Didn't DR say the WRC would grow and become successful?

Andre Oliveira
7th January 2012, 13:36
Fia cancels contract with North One Sport (http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fautosport.aeiou.pt%2Fgen.pl%3Fp%3Ds tories%26op%3Dview%26fokey%3Das.stories%2F102453)

Motorsportfun
7th January 2012, 13:41
I guess it is too late for live coverage of Monte to be arranged.

It's already planned the Power Stage and also SS13 LIVE (on MTV3)!

Miika
7th January 2012, 14:22
It's already planned the Power Stage and also SS13 LIVE (on MTV3)!

I guess those live-stages were listed on MTV3´s site weeks ago. Just wondering how valid that TV schedule is, since we didn´t knew who will do Monte´s TV coverage until last night..

Miika
7th January 2012, 15:02
Nevermind the live-stages, if such things as timing the stages is also a question mark:

A further update on iRally has stated that Stage One Technology, which is contracted to North One Sport to provide timing services and safety tracking for the WRC, is seeking clarity on the situation. They are/were scheduled to depart to Monte Carlo on Monday.
What's happening with the WRC? · neilhudson · Storify (http://storify.com/neilhudson/what-s-happening-with-the-wrc)

What a pissing-in-the-pants-hilarious mess this whole deal is. Good going.

tfp
7th January 2012, 15:30
Rumours that Jean Todt is on holiday in Bali when the WRC is falling apart. Well done Jean, enjoy yourself.

Hahaha! If this is true, then Jean Todt=muppet!

N.O.T
7th January 2012, 15:42
the WRC teams must contact another organiser and leave the FIA.... those fat useless people only care about F1 and their ladyboys.

Franky
7th January 2012, 16:01
Are we happy with the way NOS has covered the WRC? No, regarding all the quotes on this forum.
Are we happy with the coverage of IRC (Eurosport)? Yes, regarding all the quotes on this forum.

If you would put, e.g. Rally Finland 2011 coverage and no matter what IRC 2011 round coverage side by side, no one would say that. IRC reviews are weaker than WRC ones. (And please don't ask me to make a analysis for you because it will change how you watch rally reviews. I'm pretty sure you don't want that.)

The stuff that Eurosport has shown live looks great from the heli, if the landscape is stunning. BUT you have to consider the fact that not everyone who follows rallying isn't a rally nutter. Damn, I'm sure that a considerable amount of F1 fanatics would prefer to watch the races with natural sound only. But that doesn't appeal to the more general audience.

If a production company would do what the die hard fans want, then they will kill the sport because only the small number of fanatics will watch it. Television has one really simple principle when it comes to producing things - keep it simple and stupid.

I'm really skeptical about Eurosport producing WRC footage. I hope that they will prove me wrong.

Motorsportfun
7th January 2012, 16:13
If you would put, e.g. Rally Finland 2011 coverage and no matter what IRC 2011 round coverage side by side, no one would say that. IRC reviews are weaker than WRC ones. (And please don't ask me to make a analysis for you because it will change how you watch rally reviews. I'm pretty sure you don't want that.)

The stuff that Eurosport has shown live looks great from the heli, if the landscape is stunning. BUT you have to consider the fact that not everyone who follows rallying isn't a rally nutter. Damn, I'm sure that a considerable amount of F1 fanatics would prefer to watch the races with natural sound only. But that doesn't appeal to the more general audience.

If a production company would do what the die hard fans want, then they will kill the sport because only the small number of fanatics will watch it. Television has one really simple principle when it comes to producing things - keep it simple and stupid.

I'm really skeptical about Eurosport producing WRC footage. I hope that they will prove me wrong.

Totally agree.

RAS007
7th January 2012, 16:33

+1

RS
7th January 2012, 20:15

I tend to agree with you about the IRC review programmes. The quality of the footage is ok but the commentary tends to be done on the hoof and can be a bit of a mess.

However I think that is almost irrelevant in terms of bringing new fans to the sport. Live coverage is the only way to do that. Review programmes are boring, full stop. Even if you try to pretend the action is live with pathetic voice overs a la Paul King/North One.

It remains to be seen what Eurosport will offer in terms of live footage in the future but if they can do more extensive live stuff like Monte has been for the last two years, and perhaps even sell it to other broadcasters too then I think it would make the sport hugely more attractive to fans, and therefore manufacturers and sponsors too.

Franky
7th January 2012, 22:07
However I think that is almost irrelevant in terms of bringing new fans to the sport. Live coverage is the only way to do that. Review programmes are boring, full stop. Even if you try to pretend the action is live with pathetic voice overs a la Paul King/North One.

It remains to be seen what Eurosport will offer in terms of live footage in the future but if they can do more extensive live stuff like Monte has been for the last two years, and perhaps even sell it to other broadcasters too then I think it would make the sport hugely more attractive to fans, and therefore manufacturers and sponsors too.

I agree that the Paul King "live action" voice overs weren't the best but in the end they weren't so bad as they were in the beginning.

Another thing that I read from quite many posts on the forums now is that everyone is happy because with Eurosport there is a bigger chance to see more hours of rallying on the telly. But that's only increase in quantity, not in quality. As I wrote earlier, the Eurosport rally programmes (reviews and live broadcasts) lack the premium quality that is quite a must nowadays. You can't substitute quality with quantity.

North One Sport may have been ****ty salesmen but at least what they produced had more quality than Eurosport's IRC.

But as I said earlier, I hope they prove me wrong. (I'm just very critical about television and even more critical when it has to do with my favourite sport)

tfp
8th January 2012, 18:07
the WRC teams must contact another organiser and leave the FIA.... those fat useless people only care about F1 and their ladyboys.

:rotflmao:

I wish! The trouble is, how many other organisers are there who are up to the job?
The Fia need competition, theyre turning like British telecom who had no competition a few years ago, and could do what ever the hell they wanted!

N.O.T
8th January 2012, 18:12
:rotflmao:

I wish! The trouble is, how many other organisers are there who are up to the job?

well no need to go elsewhere...they could create their own organizing and legislation committee and organise ONLY rally events and the like (Hillclimbs, Rallycross ects) and then fat dwarfs like jean-todt would only have to care about the ladyboys they call drivers in F1 and their fat paychecks along with the overweight fans sitting on the stands with stupid red/yelow caps and flags.

MikeD
8th January 2012, 19:22
...then fat dwarfs like jean-todt would only have to care about the ladyboys they call drivers in F1 and their fat paychecks along with the overweight fans sitting on the stands with stupid red/yelow caps and flags.

Heeey. I am wearing a red/yellow cap at F1 races and i am not fat ;) ... but I agree that especially Hamilton looks a bit like a ladyboy. Female voice and big diamant earings...

Barreis
8th January 2012, 19:34
What about Latvala then?! :D

SubaruNorway
8th January 2012, 20:17
FIA World Rally Championship (http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/wrc-nos-2012.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

tmx
8th January 2012, 20:18

I disagree to an amount. Martin Brundle and David Coulthard proved the skeptics, they mentioned very technical details about the races and still manage it make it one of the most fun season of F1 coverage I've ever watched (minus the DRS). Julian Porter makes a good Martin Brundle, but they need a leading charismatic commentator. The current IRC reviewer guy mumbles too much and takes away from the reviews.

All of WRC reviews are so boring for the last 10 years, you can't blame them having only less than half a day of return period to put the show live. If they only put up reviews like that and only in paid cable channels, then it is a doomed plan. I think Power Stage has good reception. They are introducing a qualifying system this year, guess how popular F1 qualifying is (extremely), I don't see the public complaining that its too complex. So those Shakedown and PowerStage already will give a decent live materials. They should work out a limited amount of live coverage, then spend an extra day to work on a more polished one full hour review. I understand hardcore rally fans might not even like qualifying or powerstage (heck rallies these days are already short as it is with re-run stages), but its a much more interesting than a boring dumb downed review with a single politically correct commentator without attitudes.

It's worth a try, whatever it is, it probably can't be worse than what we already have.

gtimad73
8th January 2012, 20:25
FIA World Rally Championship (http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2012/Pages/wrc-nos-2012.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

so its still no end in sight. Still looking for a promoter

MJW
8th January 2012, 20:30
so its still no end in sight. Still looking for a promoter
I think they will take it in house, hopefully Stage 1 Technologies will be there, and Julian Porter.

danon
8th January 2012, 20:42
... along with the overweight fans sitting on the stands with stupid red/yelow caps and flags.

I did not know that fans have to meet certain weight requirements.
It is rather tragic to read such thoughtless remarks than funny!

bluuford
8th January 2012, 20:48
I did not know that fans have to meet certain weight requirements.
It is rather tragic to read such thoughtless remarks than funny!

If you weight the same or more than Kimi, then you are calssified among those people that N.O.T. is talking about.

Miika
8th January 2012, 21:00
Do the requirements for a 'true' rally fan also include blonde hair, blue eyes and certain height? I think I´ve heard about this theory in history lessons..

N.O.T
8th January 2012, 21:08
Do the requirements for a 'true' rally fan also include blonde hair, blue eyes and certain height? I think I´ve heard about this theory in history lessons..

no...

danon
8th January 2012, 21:25
no...

Says who?!

Juha_Koo
8th January 2012, 21:35
MTV3 MAX had fabulous coverage back in 2007. Every day had one hour review which was roughly 50 mins of WRC and 10 minutes of other classes. Every day there was also a 30-minute incar special. Then there were small studio parts with Tomi Tuominen, mainly before and after the event. Studio segments included visitors. Unfortunately it lasted only for one season like this... Nowdays I'd give it a 8- on a scale from 1 to 10.

Barreis
8th January 2012, 22:23
FIA says ex-World Rally promoter North One gave no assurances over investment - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96920)

Brother John
9th January 2012, 06:49
Come on guys, this is the News & Rumours Thread, som post on page 407!!! it fits better on pub talk. ;)

http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/150000-rally-discussions-comments-pub-talk.html

9th January 2012, 10:07
Neil Cole on the people at North One who lost all of their jobs

It (http://www.neilcole.org/2012/01/07/wrc2012/)

had_zachau
9th January 2012, 10:20
Zdenek Hruza replaces Jan Tomanek as Martin Prokops codriver

Hartusvuori
9th January 2012, 10:41
Zdenek Hruza replaces Jan Tomanek as Martin Prokops codriver

Will Hruza also continue with Valda or will Valda have new co-driver?

Leon
9th January 2012, 10:50
Does anyone Know if GPWeek will affected also? if I'm not mistaken it was purchased earlier in the year by Antonov

had_zachau
9th January 2012, 10:53
Will Hruza also continue with Valda or will Valda have new co-driver?

Valda will have a new co-driver

MTA
9th January 2012, 11:16
www.swedenworldrallyteam.com (http://www.swedenworldrallyteam.com/)

It was like the rumor said Patrik Sandell who will be driving a Mini WRC in Swedish Rally and selected rallys under the year.
Really fun for Patrik's part to get that chance :)

N.O.T
9th January 2012, 11:42
Neil Cole on the people at North One who lost all of their jobs

It (http://www.neilcole.org/2012/01/07/wrc2012/)

it is sad, but in capitalism especially in media services where the competition is fierce, you do your job right you get paid, you do your job just to get over with it and you get laid (off)

Brother John
9th January 2012, 12:16
it is sad, but in capitalism especially in media services where the competition is fierce, you do your job right you get paid, you do your job just to get over with it and you get laid (off)
What

What can we say than about F.I.A. who have no competition and do their job just to get on with it. These men would also have to vanish

GigiGalliNo1
9th January 2012, 12:59
Yellow MINI i'm thinking! :D

Gard
9th January 2012, 13:11

Be careful N.O.T
How much do you weight? The rule is, you have to be atleast 3 figures in kg to have the right to call yourself a man. So below 100kg, you are a boy or something worse

Rallyper
9th January 2012, 13:46
What

What can we say than about F.I.A. who have no competition and do their job just to get on with it. These men would also have to vanish

Well, these men, as well as Mr Bernie, has no competition, except for election every four or five year or so. They can manipulate as much as they want and do nothing or visit hor-houses. What can we do as every man? Nothing I suppose.
WRC should have had Ari V instead of Mr Todt. Maybe that would have been better.

N.O.T
9th January 2012, 13:53
Be careful N.O.T
How much do you weight? The rule is, you have to be atleast 3 figures in kg to have the right to call yourself a man. So below 100kg, you are a boy or something worse

if i was 100 kg i would be like the michelin man with my height... i can assure you that being my university represantve in the amateur boxing championship in the UK for 3 years in a row at 55 58 and 60 kg my figure is perfect...if you have any sisters or daughters that match my criteria we can talk via pm because this is totally irrelevant.

Mirek
9th January 2012, 14:04
Some interesting change among Czech top crews. Martin Prokop and Jan Tománek split so did Pavel Valoušek and Zdeněk Hrůza. Zdeněk Hrůza is now new co-driver of Martin Prokop (starting already in RMC). Neither new co-driver for Pavel Valoušek, nor a future of Jan Tománek has been revealed yet.

Both changes came after some five years of non-stop cooperation.

mousti
9th January 2012, 18:30
Maybe Tomanek goes with Valda now?

N.O.T
9th January 2012, 19:13
Some interesting change among Czech top crews. Martin Prokop and Jan Tománek split so did Pavel Valoušek and Zdeněk Hrůza. Zdeněk Hrůza is now new co-driver of Martin Prokop (starting already in RMC). Neither new co-driver for Pavel Valoušek, nor a future of Jan Tománek has been revealed yet.

Both changes came after some five years of non-stop cooperation.

financial differences ? maybe the program in the WRC is too heavy for tomanek ? or just a friendly swap of co-drivers ?

Mirek
10th January 2012, 08:42
I understand that in both cases the personal relationship didn't go as well as in the past so they decided for change.

PS Now I can see that I reposted this news yesterday. Sorry, for that.

noel157
10th January 2012, 14:18
New livery for Prokop:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/378440_226475254097831_225782147500475_510722_1519 33370_n.jpg

focus206
10th January 2012, 14:26
nice one, I like it :)

EightGear
10th January 2012, 14:31
Van Merksteijn Citroen:

http://www.imgdumper.nl/uploads5/4f0c4b96139f7/4f0c4b96099ce-vanmerksteijn.jpg

noel157
10th January 2012, 14:48
Things get worse at Prodrive. They had a small fire yesterday:

http://www.ncrs.be/imgnieuws/NCRS_news_20120110085728_XL.jpg

http://www.ncrs.be/imgnieuws/NCRS_news_20120110085718_XL.jpg

Mini recce car destroyed and new Mini WRC build damaged.

MJW
10th January 2012, 15:07
Fire in a car workshop, 4 appliances sent and 20 fireman, out in 40 minutes, according to a local paper

rallyfiend
10th January 2012, 15:09
An insurance claim is a good way to pay some bills!

noel157
10th January 2012, 15:13
Fire in a car workshop, 4 appliances sent and 20 fireman, out in 40 minutes, according to a local paper

Twenty firefighters tackle blaze in Banbury - Local - Banbury Guardian (http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/local/twenty_firefighters_tackle_blaze_in_banbury_1_3399 929)

Micke_VOC
10th January 2012, 15:20
Hirvonen will drive Rally Finnskog the weekend before Rally Sweden.
Rally Finnskog is a compact rally in region of Svullrya,Kongsvinger Norway with 120km SS.
rallyfinnskog.no (http://www.rallyfinnskog.no/paameldte2/6)

noel157
10th January 2012, 16:50
Along with Craig Breen as well.

mousti
10th January 2012, 18:12
Finally the BMW M3 was ready for going to Belgium now the work has to begin again to restore it! :(

RS
10th January 2012, 19:00
Things get worse at Prodrive. They had a small fire yesterday:

http://www.ncrs.be/imgnieuws/NCRS_news_20120110085728_XL.jpg

http://www.ncrs.be/imgnieuws/NCRS_news_20120110085718_XL.jpg

Mini recce car destroyed and new Mini WRC build damaged.

So who torched the beemer in frustration?

Andre Oliveira
10th January 2012, 19:07
M-Sport Ford WRT registered in M2 (http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fautosport.aeiou.pt%2Fgen.pl%3Fp%3Ds tories%26op%3Dview%26fokey%3Das.stories%2F102520)

Juha_Koo
10th January 2012, 21:36
Hmmm, apparently Hirvonen will do Rally Finnskog?

noel157
10th January 2012, 22:27
He's on the entries received list along with Craig Breen.

tfp
10th January 2012, 22:54
M-Sport Ford WRT registered in M2 (http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fautosport.aeiou.pt%2Fgen.pl%3Fp%3Ds tories%26op%3Dview%26fokey%3Das.stories%2F102520)

Hmmm, Tanak I understand - Hes a driver with a big potential, but Novikov, I'm not so sure!
What is hapenning with Wilson Jr and Henning?

noel157
11th January 2012, 09:51
https://p.twimg.com/Ai3ms0lCEAA2Siv.jpg

ProRally
11th January 2012, 11:01
Apparently Sven Smeets leaves Citroën Sport to become Team Manager at VW !!!!!

mousti
11th January 2012, 11:46
Yep he seems to work better with Ogier than Loeb.. 2 Belgians leading Official World Rally teams :D . And one Belgian is at Ford the head engineer :p

Andre Oliveira
11th January 2012, 11:48
Abarth returns to the WRC in 2013? (http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fautosport.aeiou.pt%2Fgen.pl%3Fp%3Ds tories%26op%3Dview%26fokey%3Das.stories%2F102535)

Leon
11th January 2012, 11:57
Apparently Sven Smeets leaves Citroën Sport to become Team Manager at VW !!!!!

maybe he wasn' t happy not to take Quensel place....

AndyRAC
11th January 2012, 12:05
Abarth returns to the WRC in 2013? (http://translate.google.pt/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-PT&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fautosport.aeiou.pt%2Fgen.pl%3Fp%3Ds tories%26op%3Dview%26fokey%3Das.stories%2F102535)

No chance, surely? It's 2012 now, not leaving much time. There's more chance of me landing on the moon....Abarth/Fiat are in financial difficulty, aren't they?

N.O.T
11th January 2012, 12:07

Abarth is returning to the WRC for at least 10 years now....

milly
11th January 2012, 12:08
Twenty firefighters tackle blaze in Banbury - Local - Banbury Guardian (http://www.banburyguardian.co.uk/news/local/twenty_firefighters_tackle_blaze_in_banbury_1_3399 929)

Prodrive told staff several weeks ago that they are going to leave these buildings anyway and are moving everything under one roof in a single building close to the existing site (old Hella factory?).

Don't know what's happening to the current buildings.

tolis
11th January 2012, 13:00
Sweden, Portugal, Acropolis, Finland and GB for Ketomaa in a Fiesta WRC!

noel157
11th January 2012, 13:06
With D-Mack backing and Marcus. Should be interesting.

[WRCRR]
11th January 2012, 13:49
Unfortunately DMACK-backing for Ketomaa also means he is going to run on DMACK-tyres...which will probably render him somewhat uncompetitive againt the top cars on Michelins... :(

danon
11th January 2012, 14:12
Novikov: The DS3 is softer than the Fiesta. A better engine performance at low range. (http://www.championat.com/auto/_rally/article-107183-novikov-my-poluchili-opyt-i-pokazali-skorost.html)

danon
11th January 2012, 14:15
Mikko Hirvonen accept the number two at Citroen - Hirvonen : «Du genre facile Ã* vivre» - Rallye-WRC - L'EQUIPE.FR (http://www.lequipe.fr/Formule1/breves2012/20120111_092852_hirvonen-du-genre-facile-a-vivre.html)

Juha_Koo
11th January 2012, 14:55
With D-Mack backing and Marcus. Should be interesting.

Also involved in the project is Hjallis Harkimo, well-known Finnish (sports) businessman. Should be interesting to see what they can accomplish, Tänak didn't do so bad in Wales with DMACKs...

dimviii
11th January 2012, 16:19
Also involved in the project is Hjallis Harkimo, well-known Finnish (sports) businessman. Should be interesting to see what they can accomplish, Tänak didn't do so bad in Wales with DMACKs...

Αt Acropolis like rallies the handicap will be bigger due to more demanding gravel.In mud is less handicap a not top tyre.Also don t forget that dmack had a special tyre for this surface at Wales.

MikeD
11th January 2012, 16:51
No chance, surely? It's 2012 now, not leaving much time. There's more chance of me landing on the moon....Abarth/Fiat are in financial difficulty, aren't they?

Yes they are in a lot of trouble right now. Actually the Chrysler brand is the most succesfull brand in the FIAT group right now ... sort of says it all ... and also confirms that there is no chance in hell that Abarth is going to do WRC any time soon.

Barreis
11th January 2012, 21:28
Horror.
Robert Kubica breaks leg in fall | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/67716.html)

focus206
11th January 2012, 21:42
Horror.
Robert Kubica breaks leg in fall | Formula 1 | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1 (http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/67716.html)

Oh, God...

DonJippo
11th January 2012, 23:18
Horror.

Wrong forum.

danon
11th January 2012, 23:19
Interesting analysis by Castrol EDGE Rankings - Hirvonen ready to take on Loeb (http://castroledgerankings.com/news/2012/01/hirvonen-ready-take-loeb)

Sulland
12th January 2012, 11:36

Maybe they should start off with R4T, makes more sense.

Barreis
12th January 2012, 11:59
Wrong forum.
For me he is also rally driver.

rp
12th January 2012, 12:19
Tommi Mäkinen Racing is closing down their new HQ and believe or not the building will be Puuppola area´s kindergarten in the future. The city of Jyväskylä is negotiating with Mäkinen about the renting and if they will make the contract the kindergarten will be open in August...

TMR is not going to stop it´s operation, but will move to the old premises beside the Makinen farm in Puuppola.

EightGear
12th January 2012, 15:34
Mikkelsen and Abbring confirmed as VW juniors for 2012.

Abbring und Mikkelsen im VW-Kader*:: rallye-magazin.de (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2012/01/12/abbring-und-mikkelsen-als-vw-junioren/index.html)

darkstar
12th January 2012, 16:13
thats only pseudo news, the article only says that abbring is confirmed for monte and mikkelsen for sweden. we already knew that, didnt we?

Barreis
12th January 2012, 16:26
Eurosport on the verge of World Rally Championship TV deal - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96975)

mousti
12th January 2012, 16:36
Mikkelsen was confirmed for a whole year, not every WRC rally but combining it with IRC. So probably the rounds that Mikkelsen will not drive, then Abbring probably takes over the wheel.

VFTS
12th January 2012, 17:41
Mikkelsen was confirmed for a whole year, not every WRC rally but combining it with IRC. So probably the rounds that Mikkelsen will not drive, then Abbring probably takes over the wheel.

Mikkelsen will do 5 WRC-events for VW in Fabia this season.

Juha_Koo
12th January 2012, 18:18
Tommi Mäkinen Racing is closing down their new HQ and believe or not the building will be Puuppola area´s kindergarten in the future.

LOL.

Shame that TMR didn't succeed as well as it seemed at one point. Good to see that operations aren't ending completely.

Barreis
12th January 2012, 19:12
TMR wants for impreza R4 138 000 euros plus tax and what can you do with R4 against S2000?!

alleskids
12th January 2012, 20:24
update on the registered manufactuerer and M2 team

FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MANUFACTURERS
2x CITROËN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM (CITROËN DS3 WRC)
2x FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM (FORD FIESTA RS WRC)
2x MINI WRC TEAM (MINI JOHN COOPER WORKS WRC)

WRC TEAMS (M2):
ARMINDO ARAUJO WORLD RALLY TEAM (MINI JOHN COOPER WORKS WRC)
PALMEIRINHA RALLY (MINI JOHN COOPER WORKS WRC)
M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM (FORD FIESTA RS WRC)
M-SPORT FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM (FORD FIESTA RS WRC)
QATAR WORLD RALLY TEAM (CITROËN DS3 WRC)

A.F.F.
12th January 2012, 21:47
Tommi Mäkinen Racing is closing down their new HQ and believe or not the building will be Puuppola area´s kindergarten in the future. The city of Jyväskylä is negotiating with Mäkinen about the renting and if they will make the contract the kindergarten will be open in August...

TMR is not going to stop it´s operation, but will move to the old premises beside the Makinen farm in Puuppola.

Is this for real ?? Seriously ??? :mark:

mousti
12th January 2012, 21:55
Abbring VW program 2012 would be for 6 rallies.

bluuford
12th January 2012, 21:59
TMR wants for impreza R4 138 000 euros plus tax and what can you do with R4 against S2000?!

The price is fair. You can buy Fiat S2000 with the same price and you have to add aonother 100 000 to get proper S2000 car.

Andre Oliveira
12th January 2012, 23:10
Another "smoke" notice...

Abarth in WRC 2013 or 2014 (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/abarth_linked_to_top-level_rallying_return/?utm_source=maxrally&utm_medium=twitter)

"There's no smoke without fire"

danon
12th January 2012, 23:22
Mikko Hirvonen has some problems with French! (http://rallye.automoto365.com/news/?lang=fr&theme=default&team_id=0&month=1&season_year=2012&mode=NewsDetails&id=3964)

"A lot of big surprises! The first big surprise came when we were given instructions to make us travel to the place of our first tests with the DS3 WRC. Everything was in French, a problem! " smiles Mikko Hirvonen."