PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Salist
8th December 2011, 18:09
Nasser Al-Attiyah - Citroen DS3 WRC in factory team
Thierry Neuville - Citroen DS3 WRC in Citroen Junior Team???
Al-Attiyah con el tercer DS3 y Neuville en el Junior Team (http://www.latulasport.es/index.php/wrc/2867-al-attiyah-con-el-tercer-ds3-y-neuville-en-el-junior-team.html)

Hartusvuori
8th December 2011, 18:40
To have Neuville with a proper program in WRC would be a great thing. But is WRC machinery too early for him, should he first properly learn the rallies?

Andre Oliveira
8th December 2011, 19:14
He did JWRC 2010, so some experience in WRC...

Allyc85
8th December 2011, 19:30
Motorsport News reports that Peugeot will be building a 1.6t rally car for the IRC in 2013. With the closely associated rules could we see them take over from Citreon in the WRC not long after.

PLuto
8th December 2011, 19:40
Motorsport News reports that Peugeot will be building a 1.6t rally car for the IRC in 2013. With the closely associated rules could we see them take over from Citreon in the WRC not long after.

This info isnt new, Peugeot told about building R4T car few months ago. They will develop it and Citroen will adapt it also into their cars.

NiekJ
8th December 2011, 20:07
Peter van Mersteijn (jr) will only run a very few WRC events next year in a yet to be defined car. Lack of time due to their business is the main cause.

tfp
8th December 2011, 20:17
This info isnt new, Peugeot told about building R4T car few months ago. They will develop it and Citroen will adapt it also into their cars.

Same running gear with different body shell?

PLuto
8th December 2011, 20:35
Peter van Mersteijn (jr) will only run a very few WRC events next year in a yet to be defined car. Lack of time due to their business is the main cause.

Or results this year? ;)

Mirek
8th December 2011, 20:56

R4T is going to be completely different car to WRC not like in case of S2000/WRC. But anyway the option that Citroën leaves in favor of Peugeot is real. Let's wait and see.

alleskids
8th December 2011, 21:09
R4T is going to be completely different car to WRC not like in case of S2000/WRC. But anyway the option that Citroën leaves in favor of Peugeot is real. Let's wait and see.

how different will it be? Much more like a roadgoing/group N car with some adjustments? And so, much cheaper and affordable for low budget drivers? But stil with enoug speed and traction to aim for good results?

Mirek
8th December 2011, 21:15
Rules were not revealed for public yet but I believe it was meant to be something like R3T car with standard 4WD transmission and larger restrictor. No special wide suspension like in S2000, no bodykit, production-based engine (no direct injection required) etc.

RS
8th December 2011, 21:19
Rules were not revealed for public yet but I believe it was meant to be something like R3T car with standard 4WD transmission and larger restrictor. No special wide suspension like in S2000, no bodykit, production-based engine (no direct injection required) etc.

It will be good to have something 4wd and cheaper than S2000 or RRCs but I am worried these cars will be too boring to watch like R3T or N4 cars. Any ideas on the minimum weight?

RS
9th December 2011, 09:06
Every car is spectacular, if there's a good driver behind the wheel... Being less wide shouldn't be bad for the spectacle :)

Yes, every car can be spectacular but there are different starting points.

Of course the width of the car doesn't directly affect the spectacle, but the looks, sound and handling of the cars undoubtedly have an impact on the attractiveness of our sport.

I do welcome the FIA trying to create a formula for a cheap(ish) 4wd formula though for manufacturers without a suitable road car.

Barreis
9th December 2011, 19:54
World Rally Championship - News - Could Bettega run be Solberg’s last in a Citroen? (http://www.wrc.com/news/could-bettega-run-be-solbergs-last-in-a-citroen/?fid=15869)

OldF
9th December 2011, 20:15
Yes, every car can be spectacular but there are different starting points.

Of course the width of the car doesn't directly affect the spectacle, but the looks, sound and handling of the cars undoubtedly have an impact on the attractiveness of our sport.

I do welcome the FIA trying to create a formula for a cheap(ish) 4wd formula though for manufacturers without a suitable road car.

Looking at the group A cars in the beginning of 90s, they were spectacular without any wide body shells.

I’ve seen spectacular driving with N4 cars but the sound. The sound doesn’t match how the cars are driven and that is why they look boring sometimes.

I think the new R4T cars will have a similar 4WD-system as S2000 and WRC cars (no central differential, 5-speed gearbox instead 6-speed as for S2000 and WRC)) and if they have enough power and not so high boost, the revs and the sound will be there. Even if the boost would be at the same level as the N4 cars have, their peak power would be on higher revs due to smaller engine capacity.

tfp
9th December 2011, 20:30
Looking at the group A cars in the beginning of 90s, they were spectacular without any wide body shells.

I’ve seen spectacular driving with N4 cars but the sound. The sound doesn’t match how the cars are driven and that is why they look boring sometimes.

I think the new R4T cars will have a similar 4WD-system as S2000 and WRC cars (no central differential, 5-speed gearbox instead 6-speed as for S2000 and WRC)) and if they have enough power and not so high boost, the revs and the sound will be there. Even if the boost would be at the same level as the N4 cars have, their peak power would be on higher revs due to smaller engine capacity.

Bring in 18000 RPM rev limiters :laugh:

OldF
9th December 2011, 21:05
Bring in 18000 RPM rev limiters :laugh:

And the rally cars would sound like a flock of bees. No thank you. :)

Mirek
9th December 2011, 21:48
I heard that most likely the restrictor size will be set to 32 mm. Now the R3T cars have 29 mm so with same boost we can expect reasonably higher rpm (I guess around 2 thousand more).

If DS3 R3T has 235 Hp with racing fuel than the estimated power of same engine with 32 mm restrictor could be around 280-290 Hp.

Allyc85
9th December 2011, 22:02
If DS3 R3T has 235 Hp with racing fuel than the estimated power of same engine with 32 mm restrictor could be around 280-290 Hp.

I couldnt care what power they have, my tractor at work sounds better and is more entertaining than these. Boring cars like the turbo Ds3s are bad for the sport....

Mirek
10th December 2011, 00:00
See the first sentence. With such larger restrictor and presumably same turbo the rpm will be much higher and therefore also the sound much different.

Sulland
10th December 2011, 01:17
Pls give R4T an exhaust system with enough sound throughput, and it will be ok!!

Bartolbia84
10th December 2011, 08:50
Meanwhile, the TTD came out of Sweden, Portugal and Mexico.

In Sweden, 23 tests with 6 in Norway, the longer PS PS2 Mitandersfors of a 27 km, will be the Hagfors powerstage of 4.66 km.

In Mexico 25 tests, we use the ps in the tunnels of Guanajuato, there will be a PS "monster" of 57 km Guanajuatito, but very long as the other PS Otates of 42 km timed. Powerstage final 8.28 km of Guanajuato
Programme du Rallye Wrc du Mexique 2012 (http://planetemarcus.free.fr/mexique12.htm)

Portugal has 22 tests in 4 days of competition, you start with the PS in Lisbon, the Serra de Santana PS 31km longer than the PS, the PS powerstage Sambro than 5 km
Wrc Vodafone Rally de Portugal 2012 (http://planetemarcus.free.fr/portugal12.htm)

jbmarcus21
10th December 2011, 09:17
;)

RS
10th December 2011, 09:39

True, but standing still the wide body shell cars do look more attractive.

Also true, which is why I hope Mirek's understanding of the engine rules comes to be true.

I do find that N4 cars look physically heavy on the stage though. I hope R4T cars will have similar weight to S2000 or less.

danon
10th December 2011, 16:49
Prodrive boss David Richards criticize the new qualifying mode :arrow: Richards kritisiert Qualifying-Modus | Automobil | MOTORSPORT aktuell (http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/automobil/richards-kritisiert-qualifying-modus-4177990.html)

RS
10th December 2011, 20:40
Prodrive boss David Richards criticize the new qualifying mode :arrow: Richards kritisiert Qualifying-Modus | Automobil | MOTORSPORT aktuell (http://www.motorsport-aktuell.com/automobil/richards-kritisiert-qualifying-modus-4177990.html)

Malcolm Wilson thinks the same as Richards. Perhaps they should concentrate on creating the fastest package instead of asking for rules which hand them a performance gain.

danon
12th December 2011, 13:36
Samba De WRC in Brazil :arrow: MaxRally | News | Carnival time for the WRC? (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/carnival_time_for_the_wrc/)

Motorsportfun
12th December 2011, 17:58
Samba De WRC in Brazil :arrow: MaxRally | News | Carnival time for the WRC? (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/carnival_time_for_the_wrc/)

There are two projects, we revealed one of them here: Rally Emotion - WRC / In Brasile si fa sul serio: la Mouton sta valutando anche un piano B (http://www.rallyemotion.it/news/1160-wrc-in-brasile-si-fa-sul-serio-la-mouton-sta-valutando-anche-un-piano-b)

Googlish here: Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallyemotion.it%2Fnews%2F1160-wrc-in-brasile-si-fa-sul-serio-la-mouton-sta-valutando-anche-un-piano-b)

The first one, between Sao Paulo and Rio, is developed by Daniel Oliveira's father, while the one I linked above it's designed by Dakar consulent (and former Biasion co-driver) Tiziano Siviero.

alleskids
12th December 2011, 18:34
Volkswagen would be very happy with a Brasilian WRC. South America is a big market for VW, especially Brasil. Ford will also have interest in South America. Citroen has only reasonable sales in Europe?

Bobcat
12th December 2011, 20:14
Citroen has only reasonable sales in Europe?
Only in France! lol :D

jbmarcus21
12th December 2011, 21:11
Interview Sebastien Loeb during Test Days Monte Carlo 2012

Interview Test Days Sébastien Loeb Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjW3k8Gcus)

whereschris
12th December 2011, 21:37
Interview Sebastien Loeb during Test Days Monte Carlo 2012

Interview Test Days Sébastien Loeb Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcjW3k8Gcus)

What does he say roughly?

jbmarcus21
12th December 2011, 21:44
speak about MC condition, prefer dry or lot of snow ... about new car is more nervous than C4. And speak one word about Mikko & Latvala maybe strong in MC ..

whereschris
12th December 2011, 21:51
Great, thanks.

janvanvurpa
14th December 2011, 03:22
True, after Rodger's death it became more the norm to attach harnesses to the cage. When Rodger was killed the mounting point was at the floor, like in the old days. His death was the catalyst to re-locating harness mounting points..
Marl Lovell and Roger Freeman would possibly have lived if they had HANS devices.

Not very likely. That was the next nearest National event to where i live, and friends were on the spot in just a few minutes.
Getting speared in the thigh with a broken door X bar which severed the femoral artery would have killed Mark even if the completely crushed skull didn't.
Bleeding out from that kind of wound only takes a couple of minutes. Or less.
Side impacts into trees do that

manta400
14th December 2011, 08:46
dont want to sound gruesome, but always wondered what exactly happened or if there was a coroners report. What happened to Roger? i take it it was a drivers side impact?

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 14:07
Some rumours:

> MINI looks near to close a 2-years deal with Red Bull.

> Nasser Al-Attiyah will start his 2012 season in Sweden, after a two-days test.

> Ben Sulayem could pick North One Sport with a group of investors from the Middle-East, so he resigned his FIA's Vice-President role, in order to avoid any conflict of interests.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2011, 14:54
Some rumours:
> Nasser Al-Attiyah will start his 2012 season in Sweden, after a two-days test.

Rumour talks also of 3 years deal with Citroën :confused:

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 14:59
Rumour talks also of 3 years deal with Citroën :confused:

Yes! Qatar will replace RB in the Citroen livery :)

OldF
14th December 2011, 14:59
Some rumours:

> MINI looks near to close a 2-years deal with Red Bull.

That’s IMO possible if Citroen is taking the Qatar money next year.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2011, 15:01
Volkswagen would be very happy with a Brasilian WRC. South America is a big market for VW, especially Brasil. Ford will also have interest in South America. Citroen has only reasonable sales in Europe?

Citroën's sales in Brazil are far behind VW, Fiat, GM, Ford, but are fastly growing up thanks especially to the C3 Aircross, minivan SUV(image of the marque, the car is liked by many young Brazilians,...) ;)
So yes, Citroën has plenty of interests if there's a WRC round in Brazil :p :

Tom206wrc
14th December 2011, 15:06

More surprising is the following of the rumour: Citroën could replace Peugeot at...Le Mans(and WEC championship) :eek:

AndyRAC
14th December 2011, 15:23
More surprising is the following of the rumour: Citroën could replace Peugeot at...Le Mans(and WEC championship) :eek:

Hmm, I wonder why – Loeb has expressed a wish to do Le Mans, so Citroen don’t want him doing it with Peugeot, or even worse, another company altogether. So maybe they’ll switch from WRC to WEC.....

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 15:31
That’s IMO possible if Citroen is taking the Qatar money next year.

Yes! Qatar will replace RB in the Citroen livery :)

The bulls up to "Total" branding on the bonnet will be replaced by QATAR :)

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 15:34
Other news: Magneti Marelli will decide soon Luca Pedersoli's 2012 programme. The possibility of an 8-rallies programme is yet on the table! ;)

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 15:44

There's also a plan to put back Citroen at the Dakar Rally! :)

janvanvurpa
14th December 2011, 16:19
dont want to sound gruesome, but always wondered what exactly happened or if there was a coroners report. What happened to Roger? i take it it was a drivers side impact?

Naturally there has to be one, but when I searched County Records most everything was locked down due to ongoing litigation---lawsuits (this is America, eh?).
Several guys who were there in just 2-3 minutes said devastating side blow into BIG tree---we do have some big 'uns here in the North West--and estimated speed: who knows but it was right off the start, basically flat thru the gears. But very fast, and marbly.

(those big trees we have are also REAL TALL and so our roads are made to accommodate the big Kenworth Semi-trucks which haul the trees out long ways, often 25-30m long, so all the turns and junctions even are BIG and WIDE. so we have very high average speeds with local mid pack guys in very low spec old Golfs averaging 90 km/hr and many of the herd of Subarus averaging 110-114km/hr)

There was cage failure also. I don't know how much more failed than the door X bars cause I never saw the shell afterwards, but I has seen fractures and splits in other cars built specifically for what we must be honest and say "rich buy a ride guys pretending they're works guys who pay $32,000 per event just to beat a local guy in a 86 Golf" with works level needs, so the cars are built very lightweight. Scandalous...

And it may be that that is the point of litigation.

Motorsportfun
14th December 2011, 17:14
http://www.brasilrally.com/img/logo.png

The second project, anticipated by Italian mag Rally Emotion, has been revealed!

http://www.brasilrally.com/img/Comunicato_EN_nov_11.pdf

Bobcat
14th December 2011, 18:22
Citroën's sales in Brazil are far behind VW, Fiat, GM, Ford, but are fastly growing up thanks especially to the C3 Aircross, minivan SUV(image of the marque, the car is liked by many young Brazilians,...) ;)
So yes, Citroën has plenty of interests if there's a WRC round in Brazil :p :

PARIS - French car maker PSA Peugeot Citroen said Wednesday it expects to post a significant operating loss for the second half of this year.

mousti
14th December 2011, 18:23
Let's hope the Redbull deal with Mini will be reality soon then although it's a bit of a surprise because most logical it was VW that would have that support because of an earlier partnership in their Dakar Era but VW doesn't really need the partnership something what Mini is really missing a healthy and a very valuable partner!

alleskids
14th December 2011, 18:59

There is also talk of having Thierry Neuville in the Citroen junior team in 2012, and let him learn the tricks in 2 years time with out pressure, before Peugoet takes over Citroens WRC team in 2015 after Loeb going into rally retirement and Citroen also leaving it up to Peugeot, who have their protege Neuville as leading man. It would explane the 3 years deal with Qatar while Loeb and Citroen having only a 2 year scedule.

darkstar
14th December 2011, 19:43
that would be so cool, neuville with peugeot in wrc 2015...just great. for me he´s the biggest talent atm and a very kind guy!

Barreis
15th December 2011, 12:15
World Rally Championship - News - WRC Face to Face on sale now (http://www.wrc.com/news/wrc-face-to-face-on-sale-now/?fid=15873)

Motorsportfun
15th December 2011, 13:10
what about Ramona Karlsson's bid to enter PWRC in 2012?

Berzs
15th December 2011, 13:13
Celebrate!

Ford extends World Rally Championship participation with new two-year agreement with M-Sport (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/899-ford-extends-world-rally-championship-participation-with-new-two-year-agreement-with-m-sport-)

Barreis
15th December 2011, 13:15
Good for Solberg.

MartijnS
15th December 2011, 13:35
Really good news!

mm1
15th December 2011, 13:35
Can`t wait for MC to start!

focus206
15th December 2011, 13:43
YESSS!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D Excellent news!

Is the image in the link the official new livery of the Fiesta? It looks way better without Abu Dhabi in my opinion.

Micke_VOC
15th December 2011, 13:53
what about Ramona Karlsson's bid to enter PWRC in 2012?

She had 50 000 EUR left to secure the budget for PWRC.
( She was on the radio for a couple of days ago)

Wasted Talent
15th December 2011, 14:26
Celebrate!

Ford extends World Rally Championship participation with new two-year agreement with M-Sport (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/899-ford-extends-world-rally-championship-participation-with-new-two-year-agreement-with-m-sport-)

Excellent news!!

WT

rage82
15th December 2011, 14:41
Good for the sport, and good for us the fans. Hope to see big battles between the 3 (Why not 4 )manu in 2012.

Salist
15th December 2011, 15:12
It's a really great news for every rally fans!

Rallyper
15th December 2011, 15:29
This is so magnificent!! And Petter too!!

bassist
15th December 2011, 15:39
Excellent news!!

WT

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news - this has made my day!!!!!!!!!!!! And Petter on board too!! Bring on 2012 Monte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paddocknews
15th December 2011, 16:05
Henning seems to have signed for another year in a Ford Fiesta, as has Estonia’s Ott Tanak who will apparently compete on DMack tyres. Russia’s Novikov is talking to both Citroën and Ford for 2012.Ford testing with Michelin | Best of Rally Live (http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/2011/12/15/ford-testing-with-michelin/)

Crocone
15th December 2011, 16:23
This is the greatest news for 2012. This is the best decision that Ford could ever take. And I'm specialy talking about taking Petter in the team.

OldF
15th December 2011, 16:40
The news of today. I believe there at least two relieved guys, MV and Petter. Let’s hope this will give us an exited season next year.

Elayne
15th December 2011, 16:42
This is the greatest news for 2012. This is the best decision that Ford could ever take. And I'm specialy talking about taking Petter in the team.

i dont know,for me Ot will kicked Peter ass

alleskids
15th December 2011, 17:23
The bulls up to "Total" branding on the bonnet will be replaced by QATAR :)

no more Total sponsoring for Citroen, so it is Visit Qatar on Barwa oil?

Motorsportfun
15th December 2011, 17:34

My source told that there was no discussions over the Total brand... so we supposed it's confirmed! I'll ask again :D

skarderud
15th December 2011, 17:53

you wish.....

maybe ott can be at petters pace sometimes at the end of season, but i will be really surprised if he has more points than petter at the end of season.

ott is a big talent, but its definetly best for him to be the 3.car without pressure.

this is so good for the championship, now we can have really good fights for the manu-title!

MikeD
15th December 2011, 17:55

Barwa is not an oil company - it's a real estate investment company. Used to work with them during my years as a GP2 journalist.

jbmarcus21
15th December 2011, 18:42
http://forum.rallyeforce.free.fr/files/5181.jpg

Petter Solberg testing Ford Fiesta Wrc [PHOTOS] Image (http://bit.ly/vqhf5B)

PLuto
15th December 2011, 18:56
Nasser Al-Attiyah officially as third driver of Citroen - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13141)

AP-Racing
15th December 2011, 21:05
ABBRING SET TO JOIN SKODA - Dutchman Kevin Abbring is expected to join Skoda for next season’s IRC. He would partner Juho Hanninen in the factory squad, replacing Jan Kopecky. Hanninen has completed further running for Volkswagen in its test all-new Polo R WRC.

Bobcat
15th December 2011, 21:06

Is the image in the link the official new livery of the Fiesta? It looks way better without Abu Dhabi in my opinion.
Yes, it is official. Ford WRC | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=337626089584251&set=a.164422696904592.42010.157932864220242&type=1&theater)

mousti
15th December 2011, 22:02
ABBRING SET TO JOIN SKODA - Dutchman Kevin Abbring is expected to join Skoda for next season’s IRC. He would partner Juho Hanninen in the factory squad, replacing Jan Kopecky. Hanninen has completed further running for Volkswagen in its test all-new Polo R WRC.
I think it'll be confirmed soon!

Plan9
15th December 2011, 22:14

I think its sad in a way. We know the people producing the car have less money.

tfp
15th December 2011, 23:36

Hmm, not really for me, IMO Ford would be taking a big risk to have Tanak in the first team. I'm glad they chose Petter, and just as glad that ford are still in WRC:-)

Plan9
16th December 2011, 01:41
Me either. I think that Petter is in a stronger position as he knows how to spread his pace out over 3 days. Being in a self-funded car would have taught him this if nothing else. JML, Ott and mads are still to learn this in my opinion.

tolis
16th December 2011, 12:24
Skoda in IRC with three cars (Juho, Jan, Andy), Jan in Czech championship, Juho in some ERC events - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13144)
Any chance of seeing Juho in the SWRC next year?

PLuto
16th December 2011, 12:35
I dont think Juho will do SWRC, but maybe some WRC rounds...

Mirek
16th December 2011, 13:02
We can understand the aim to send Juho to some ERC events that he signed more than one year contract with Škoda. The reason is that ERC and IRC are supposed to merge next year and driving ERC events this year is a good preparation.

makinen_fan
16th December 2011, 13:07
World Rally Championship - News - Ford confirms WRC entry (http://www.wrc.com/news/ford-confirms-wrc-entry/?fid=15876)
it is funny that wrc.com is always late about news... surely they can do better than this, they dont care about the sport

noel157
16th December 2011, 13:18
I see reports about Neuville has 10 events in WRC DS3 starting RMC, anything official?

Tom206wrc
16th December 2011, 13:34
I see reports about Neuville has 10 events in WRC DS3 starting RMC, anything official?

Could be confirmed on sunday ;)

RS
16th December 2011, 13:36
We can understand the aim to send Juho to some ERC events that he signed more than one year contract with Škoda. The reason is that ERC and IRC are supposed to merge next year and driving ERC events this year is a good preparation.

Does that mean he has been told he doesn't have a chance of a WRC seat with Volkswagen?

Tom206wrc
16th December 2011, 13:38
There's also a plan to put back Citroen at the Dakar Rally! :)

:eek: :confused: :confused:

Mirek
16th December 2011, 13:41
Does that mean he has been told he doesn't have a chance of a WRC seat with Volkswagen?

I don't know.

I am evil Homer
16th December 2011, 13:47

This i would like to see happen!

noel157
16th December 2011, 14:35
Could be confirmed on sunday ;)

Thanks Tom- DH.be - Dix rallyes WRC en Citroën DS3 pour Neuville ! (http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/379014/dix-rallyes-wrc-en-citroen-ds3-pour-neuville.html)

chris t
16th December 2011, 14:46
any word on wilson jnr.swrc maybe ?

makinen_fan
16th December 2011, 14:59
so many news/rumours in just two days, still there is no official news neither rumours of what is going to happen with TV coverage, promoter etc. do we have any indication so far?

Tom206wrc
16th December 2011, 16:25
so many news/rumours in just two days, still there is no official news neither rumours of what is going to happen with TV coverage, promoter etc. do we have any indication so far?

Eurosport I guess :rolleyes:

mousti
16th December 2011, 17:21
Thanks Tom- DH.be - Dix rallyes WRC en Citroën DS3 pour Neuville ! (http://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/article/379014/dix-rallyes-wrc-en-citroen-ds3-pour-neuville.html)
Article says alsos that Merksteijn Jr will do 4 events and Sr 2 events.

Viking
16th December 2011, 17:42

"North One Sport is still working on finding a new investor to take over from CSI. The FIA is believed to have imposed a timetable for this to happen - but the most important date looming is the opening round of the 2012 season: the Monte Carlo Rally, which is just over four weeks away."

Ford: New deal shows WRC's strength - Yahoo! Eurosport (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15122011/66/ford-new-deal-shows-wrc-strength.html)

MJW
16th December 2011, 18:50
Eurosport I guess :rolleyes:
Eurosport I hope.

ilsit
16th December 2011, 19:37
We should all contact the bbc stating why we think they should bring WRC back. With formula 1 coverage reduced maybe they could use WRC to fill the gap. This would also mean people like jake humphrey doing something and the tax payer seeing some sort of return. As seen with F1 coverage audiences have gone up. This would make WRC a more viable option for sponsors. We have 3 weeks at the most for something to be done. We could start a petition to show the bbc that people want it back on a major channel it will im sure also cost less than F1 (any one know how much espn paid). The bbc can be contacted here for those who want to contact the bbc directly https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/emailstatic/emailPage?entryID=contact_postaladdress&moduleID=contact. Any one done a online petition before?

Or to Mark Thompson director general of the bbc mark.thompson@bbc.co.uk (mark.thompson@bbc.co.uk)

tfp
16th December 2011, 20:17
We should all contact the bbc stating why we think they should bring WRC back. With formula 1 coverage reduced maybe they could use WRC to fill the gap. This would also mean people like jake humphrey doing something and the tax payer seeing some sort of return. As seen with F1 coverage audiences have gone up. This would make WRC a more viable option for sponsors. We have 3 weeks at the most for something to be done. We could start a petition to show the bbc that people want it back on a major channel it will im sure also cost less than F1 (any one know how much espn paid). The bbc can be contacted here for those who want to contact the bbc directly https://faq.external.bbc.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/emailstatic/emailPage?entryID=contact_postaladdress&moduleID=contact. Any one done a online petition before?

Or to Mark Thompson director general of the bbc mark.thompson@bbc.co.uk (mark.thompson@bbc.co.uk)

Not a bad idea, maybe worthy of a new topic? If anyone has ever done this(surely someone on the forum must have) then...who knows...Saying that, the BBC have shown what they think about motorsport by getting rid of half of the F1 races.

Bartolbia84
17th December 2011, 14:58
Article says alsos that Merksteijn Jr will do 4 events and Sr 2 events.

I felt like hips. 4 matches for Van Merksteijn junior and 2 for the father. While the other Dutch Kuipers FERM with the team should play at least 8-10 events

Fly
18th December 2011, 17:48
https://www.facebook.com/thierryneuvillerally

Check out his wall.

N.O.T
18th December 2011, 18:35
very nice...

Tanak in, Nauville now in, even al attiyah in even though he might prove to be a tourist....thats what rallying is about people who deserve to get their chances even though they might blow them.

and some people were upset for getting rid of that excess weight in the name of icecube from our sport.....

Good Riddance !!! ONCE MORE !!!

now if somehow wilslow follows him i am going to be a very happy person.

PLuto
18th December 2011, 18:57
https://www.facebook.com/thierryneuvillerally

Check out his wall.

Links to all french an belgian medias. Why?

Bobcat
18th December 2011, 18:58
Looking for a job in the WRC for 2012-? M-Sport is currently looking for design engineers (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/careers?task=view&id=38) and other engineers (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/careers).

noel157
18th December 2011, 19:33
Looks like Nouville is ready to go:

Thierry Neuville en WRC avec Citroën (http://www.caradisiac.com/Thierry-Neuville-en-WRC-avec-Citroen-74873.htm)

makinen_fan
19th December 2011, 01:40
I came across this application for Nokia phones. It looks interesting
Nokia Store: Download WRC Live and many other games, wallpaper, ringtones and mobile apps on your Nokia phone (http://store.ovi.com/content/128268)

It offers features, live tracking in maps, that are not available in the website. Hopefully Nokia can have some positive impact and improve/modernise things a bit more in terms of how we can keep track of rallying live and timing.

Also interestingly iRally reported that Nokia is an official sponsor of WRC and their logo is featured alongside the WRC logo, saying powered by Nokia. I wonder what is the extend of their involvement.

Zeakiwi
19th December 2011, 03:21
Paddon- is making an announcement for 2012 - 11.30 am Tuesday NZ Summer Time. 10.30pm Mon UK time.
Hayden Paddon | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/haydenpaddonwrc)

T.Maanteiden kuningas
19th December 2011, 10:17
Now we can finally stop SAAB WRC rumours. Bankruptcy.

noel157
19th December 2011, 10:59
Yep. SAAB went into administration some time ago.

Saab files for bankruptcy after GM veto | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/dec/19/saab-files-bankruptcy-gm-veto)

AMSS
19th December 2011, 11:11
Any news regarding Prodrive/Mini? no test videos no news about next season full or limited? We`ll I guess we know later today if the registration for next season is due by midnight?!

noel157
19th December 2011, 11:14
That Estonian guy on Twitter is quick off the mark...... :)

Now we can finally stop SAAB #WRC rumours. Bankruptcy. Saab files for bankruptcy after GM veto | Business | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/dec/19/saab-files-bankruptcy-gm-veto)
10 minutes ago via web

At least he reads a good rally forum......LOL

noel157
19th December 2011, 11:16
Any news regarding Prodrive/Mini? no test videos no news about next season full or limited? We`ll I guess we know later today if the registration for next season is due by midnight?!

They were supposed to test before Christmas but maybe delayed.

rage82
19th December 2011, 12:44
The deal between Neuville and Citroen junior team for 10 WRC events has to be signed today according this article: Thierry Neuville Promoted To Citroen Junior Team, Van Merksteijns Retained | Auto Racing Nation (http://www.autoracingnation.com/beta/story/2011/12/17/77892/thierry_neuville_promoted_to_citroen_junior_team_v an_merksteijns_retained?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AutoracingnationcomNews+%28Au toRacingNation.com+News%29)

mousti
19th December 2011, 17:00
Still waiting from an official source.

Even Radio 1 a national Radio station reported it but said 9. So still now clarity what he eventually will do in IRC and WRC.

It's official now! He'll do minimal 9 events and maybe even 11!

Autonews Magazine » WRC » Neuville avec Citroën: c (http://www.autonews-magazine.com/blog/?p=19101)

pettersolberg29
19th December 2011, 17:11
British Autosport confirm it - missing Italy and NZ, and possibly France and Spain depending on his previous performances

Citroen gives Thierry Neuville World Rally Championship programme for 2012 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96799)

dimviii
19th December 2011, 17:31
i am very curious to see Neuvilles speed with wrc car.Definetely worths the chance.

nuclear007
19th December 2011, 17:37
What about his irc program?? He will do a few rally's with the 207?

mousti
19th December 2011, 20:17
NZ he's not doing and that's just on the date of Ypres so I think he'll start there. More events on IRC don't know..

Allyc85
19th December 2011, 21:15
Interesting to see that Eurosport and Sky are looking at buying the rights to the WRC!

World Rally Radio Official | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WorldRallyRadio)

Plan9
19th December 2011, 21:18
What is Paddon doing in 2012?

leighton323
19th December 2011, 21:25
You will find out in an hour, at 11.30 he's holding a press conference announcing his plans.

N.O.T
19th December 2011, 21:27
Interesting to see that Eurosport and Sky are looking at buying the rights to the WRC!

lets hope eurosport lands the deal...they did a fantastic job with IRC.

Andre Oliveira
19th December 2011, 22:22
According iRally, Paddon do SWRC with Skoda runned by ASM Motorsport. He will miss Monte Carlo, so start in Sweden.

Allyc85
19th December 2011, 22:30
His Skoda looks sooo good!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379877_294420757260387_184390891596708_711048_1515 61752_n.jpg

lets hope eurosport lands the deal...they did a fantastic job with IRC.

Agreed, they already have the know how on live coverage which the sport needs!

tolis
19th December 2011, 22:32
According iRally, Paddon do SWRC with Skoda runned by ASM Motorsport. He will miss Monte Carlo, so start in Sweden.
Hayden's confirmation:
WE ARE EXCITED TO CONFIRM OUR ENTRY IN THE 2012 SWRC DRIVING A SKODA FABIA S2000. We will be run by Spanish team, ASM Motorsport as we try to win the championship. Rounds will include Sweden, Portugal, New Zealand, Finland, GB, France and Spain. See our new website for more information and the full news story, www.haydenpaddon.com (http://www.haydenpaddon.com/). Can't wait to get behind the wheel starting with testing in late January.
It'll be very interesting to see how he goes in S2000 machinery!

leighton323
19th December 2011, 22:45
Paddon will be driving in S-WRC next year in Skoda Fabia S2000. Rounds to include Sweden, Portugal, NZ, Finland, GB, France and Spain, testing starting in late January.

tolis
19th December 2011, 22:49
Dani Sordo will have a meeting with MINI in Thursday in order to finalize their programme for 2012. It seems that they'll do full championship...
Dani Sordo posted that in a social network:
hola a todos, despues de todas las preguntas que me habeis hecho llegar en los ultimos dias amigos, aficionados y periodistas sobre los planes para el proximo año estaria encantado de comunicaros que haremos el campeonato completo y que empezamos en Montecarlo, pero a dia de hoy ni yo mismo conozco el programa para el proximo año. Espero que despues de una importante reunion el jueves con el equipo, en la que yo mismo conocere los planes para el 2012, podamos ofrecer una respuesta satisfactoria a todas vuestras las preguntas. un abrazo

pettersolberg29
19th December 2011, 22:52
So Paddon, Mikkelsen, Ogier and Hanninen all fighting in the SWRC - I think it will be a very interesting championship next year.

N.O.T
19th December 2011, 22:53
This years WRC season is going to be very very exciting....

Also the fact that we have a proven WRC winner competing in SWRC will give us a good indication of the level of the drivers there, up to some extend of course because s2000 cars are different than WRCs.

tolis
19th December 2011, 22:53
So Paddon, Mikkelsen, Ogier and Hanninen all fighting in the SWRC - I think it will be a very interesting championship next year.
I think Juho is not sure for SWRC.

N.O.T
19th December 2011, 22:54

no hanninen so far...

pettersolberg29
19th December 2011, 23:14
Oh yeah, my mistake. I can see him entering a few rounds though probably, while PG may be in Sweden? Should still be a good season...just a shame that Tanak and Hanninen couldnt add to it.

Mirek
19th December 2011, 23:17

Hänninen? I don't think so unfortunately...

tfp
19th December 2011, 23:21
Oh yeah, my mistake. I can see him entering a few rounds though probably, while PG may be in Sweden? Should still be a good season...just a shame that Tanak and Hanninen couldnt add to it.

PG only in one round for the year? :(

noel157
19th December 2011, 23:22
He's trying to get some programme with Mellers/Proton in S-WRC/APRC and apparently has budget for 2 or 3 WRC events too, maybe in Fiesta.

pettersolberg29
19th December 2011, 23:41

I only mentioned PG in Sweden as I don't see him as competing at the top anywhere else! See noel157 above for more info :)

Plan9
19th December 2011, 23:57
Congratulations to Hayden. It has been a hell of a long time since a Kiwi has been in a top-flight rally series. It seems that he may be well placed to drive a Polo next year in Germany if VW go ahead with there plans according to this article:

Motorsport: Paddon secures international S2000 drive - Sport - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10774314)

Tolis, can you translate what Dani said?

Plan9
19th December 2011, 23:59
I still think it would be hard to see anyone other than Ogier winning the SWRC title at this stage but it will be interesting to see how many of the younger drivers can meet his benchmark.

N.O.T
20th December 2011, 00:17
I still think it would be hard to see anyone other than Ogier winning the SWRC title at this stage but it will be interesting to see how many of the younger drivers can meet his benchmark.

its far easier to reach the limits of an s2000 than a WRC so my guess is that although the favourite Ogier will have competition for sure.

noel157
20th December 2011, 00:17
Congratulations to Hayden. It has been a hell of a long time since a Kiwi has been in a top-flight rally series. It seems that he may be well placed to drive a Polo next year in Germany if VW go ahead with there plans according to this article:

Motorsport: Paddon secures international S2000 drive - Sport - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10774314)

Tolis, can you translate what Dani said?

Basically that they'll be news about Mini WRC 2012 on Thursday.

pettersolberg29
20th December 2011, 00:30
its far easier to reach the limits of an s2000 than a WRC so my guess is that although the favourite Ogier will have competition for sure.

I can see Mikkelsen winning a couple of the early rounds while Ogier gets used to the Fabia - I certainly dont see Ogier walking it either

N.O.T
20th December 2011, 00:36
Drivers like ogier/Loeb ects do not need to "get use" of cars....they just drive them.

Kielder
20th December 2011, 00:51
Dani Sordo will have a meeting with MINI in Thursday in order to finalize their programme for 2012. It seems that they'll do full championship...
Dani Sordo posted that in a social network:
hola a todos, despues de todas las preguntas que me habeis hecho llegar en los ultimos dias amigos, aficionados y periodistas sobre los planes para el proximo año estaria encantado de comunicaros que haremos el campeonato completo y que empezamos en Montecarlo, pero a dia de hoy ni yo mismo conozco el programa para el proximo año. Espero que despues de una importante reunion el jueves con el equipo, en la que yo mismo conocere los planes para el 2012, podamos ofrecer una respuesta satisfactoria a todas vuestras las preguntas. un abrazo

Hi,
Sordo is telling that he would like to say that he is going to race the full championship, but at this moment he doesn't know anything about his future. On Thursday's meeting he's going to hear the plans of the team, but I can tell you that it's sure that Mini's not going to do full championship.

pettersolberg29
20th December 2011, 02:03
Drivers like ogier/Loeb ects do not need to "get use" of cars....they just drive them.

Not necessarily are they right on the limit immediately though, especially when its a whole change of class from WRC

Koppomsbo
20th December 2011, 05:28

PG is very close closing a deal with Proton about doing SWRC 2012, according to local newspaper

denkimi
20th December 2011, 08:56
only because they can have pretty much unlimited testing, unlike privateers.

Viking
20th December 2011, 09:42
Not necessarily are they right on the limit immediately though, especially when its a whole change of class from WRC

I dont think this will be an problem for Ogier, he won Monte Carlo back in 2009 in an S2000 and fighting for the win in 2010 before retiring with an electrical fault.

Mirek
20th December 2011, 09:52
It's not even a real change of class. S2000 and WRC rules are except engine, wing and several details exactly same.

makinen_fan
20th December 2011, 10:04

ogier was not having unlimited testing before 2011, but still was on the pace a lot of the times during 2010. he is a natural talent, dont forget he was leading rally gb in his first outing in a wrc

rage82
20th December 2011, 10:16
ogier was not having unlimited testing before 2011, but still was on the pace a lot of the times during 2010. he is a natural talent, dont forget he was leading rally gb in his first outing in a wrc

But he hasn't finish in GB yet!

Mintexmemory
20th December 2011, 10:39
But he hasn't finish in GB yet!

Only on the occasions when he has really wanted to ;) . I do recall someone looking a lot like him winning the Monument power stage this year but then that was last month so my memory may be flawed (booze and age, what's your excuse?)

Tom206wrc
20th December 2011, 13:23
Sarrazin and Bouffier at Monte-Carlo with the evo12 207 S2000 ??? :confused:

wildboar
20th December 2011, 13:29
@Craig_Breen (http://twitter.com/#%21/Craig_Breen)

Confirmed! SWRC in my Fiesta S2000 and ran by Tom Gahan Motorsport. Can't wait to start Monte Carlo and let leg two of my dream continue!

PLuto
20th December 2011, 13:34
Craig Breen - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13161)

Barreis
20th December 2011, 14:57
Mini misses deadline to sign up for 2012 World Rally Championship - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96806)

alleskids
20th December 2011, 15:48
I thought that Ogier would not compete in the SWRC as the testing is limeted, while VW wants to do a lot of testting before al 13 rallies?

noel157
20th December 2011, 16:20
I thought that Ogier would not compete in the SWRC as the testing is limeted, while VW wants to do a lot of testting before al 13 rallies?

I don't think testing the Fabia is no 1 priority, no? Keeping Ogier match fit AND Polo testing is the priority.

tfp
20th December 2011, 16:44
Mini misses deadline to sign up for 2012 World Rally Championship - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96806)

Uh oh....I thought Mini would have signed up eventually.

Barreis
20th December 2011, 18:19
Must say that I'm dissapointed.

RS
20th December 2011, 19:44

Hopefully it will go to Eurosport but probably too late now to have any decent coverage for Monte.

Barreis
20th December 2011, 19:53
Go eurosport!!!

Plan9
20th December 2011, 20:42
Why has VJM-Motorsport's programme with Citroen been reduced? Does Paris need the cars for better drivers? I was wondering if they were going to change manufacturer as a result because it seems a bit of a slap in the face after all the money they spent this season.

Mirek
20th December 2011, 21:08
If I remember right Van Merksteijns are too busy with their business.

dimviii
20th December 2011, 21:16
Tanak on 2012 with Dmack tyres?
Ford testing with Michelin | Best of Rally Live (http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/en/2011/12/15/ford-testing-with-michelin/)

Motorsportfun
20th December 2011, 21:42

Go Sky :D all motorsports they produce, it's only in Full HD (1080)!

Eurosport broadcasts only with crappy upscaled-HD (720), even the live events!! :(

Josti
20th December 2011, 21:49
Go Sky :D all motorsports they produce, it's only in Full HD (1080)!

Eurosport broadcasts only with crappy upscaled-HD (720), even the live events!! :(

Quality isn't only about screen resolution.

whereschris
20th December 2011, 21:56
This is a little off pieste but I believe that moving to Sky would be a terrible thing. If not terrestrial uk coverage then either continue with ESPN or move back to Eurosport.

Motorsportfun
20th December 2011, 22:08
Quality isn't only about screen resolution.

For a sponsor is a much important thing.

Sky could combine its great tv production with a company like Infront!

danon
20th December 2011, 23:36
ogier ... ... is a natural talent, dont forget he was leading rally gb in his first outing in a wrc

Plenty of examples in the history of rally sport of leading prodigies.
But leading is not winning!
It's a good feeling anyway.

N.O.T
21st December 2011, 00:02

oh so thats the secret to become a world champion...unlimited testing.....

i thought it you needed hard work, determination and talent......

danon
21st December 2011, 00:21
... and last but not least a solid financial back up is a preferable-must.

No finance - No romance!

Gard
21st December 2011, 03:53
For a sponsor is a much important thing.

Sky could combine its great tv production with a company like Infront!
720p and 1080i is about the same ammount of data. 720p was set as standard, much because better quality on fast moving objects. Like soccer and motorsport. 720p often produces better image on cheap components. On top components with good deinterlacing, 1080i often is better

Gard
21st December 2011, 07:16
oh so thats the secret to become a world champion...unlimited testing.....

i thought it you needed hard work, determination and talent......

What do you mean by hard work? If it's not testing/practicing

a good rule is. If you want to get to top level, you have to practice about 10.000 hours at it. So I guess, we'll never know who the real rally talents are

noel157
21st December 2011, 09:35
Proton doing S-WRC with P-G and Basso. McRae and P-G to do APRC:

Proton to enter S2000 WRC next year - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96810)

Leon
21st December 2011, 10:02

Proton to enter S2000 WRC next year - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96810)

What now for Atko? any news?

AP-Racing
21st December 2011, 11:02
With McRae and PG & Basso

noel157
21st December 2011, 11:17

MaxRally report that McRae also in S-WRC:

MaxRally | News | PROTON and McRae take to the world stage in 2012 (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/proton_and_mcrae_take_to_the_world_stage_in_2012/)

rage82
21st December 2011, 11:59
Only on the occasions when he has really wanted to ;) . I do recall someone looking a lot like him winning the Monument power stage this year but then that was last month so my memory may be flawed (booze and age, what's your excuse?)

I know he's natural talent and is very fast already ( nothing against him ). Yes you are right he finish this year but with super rally rule, after a stupid mistake on first day. My excuse - only booze for the moment ;) Cheers mate and have a nice holidays!

Tom206wrc
21st December 2011, 13:23

Let's hope big improvements regarding engine, otherwise Basso will be bored during each of his rallies :rolleyes:

AP-Racing
21st December 2011, 19:01
Compana will start in 4 rallye
Monte, Germany, Alsace and Spain

PLuto
21st December 2011, 19:48
List of registrations to WRC Teams, SWRC and PWRC - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13167)

noel157
21st December 2011, 19:54
FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers (http://fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/2012-wrc-entrants.aspx)

Plan9
21st December 2011, 19:57
It will be good to see the McRae name back in the WRC!!!!! Does anyone know what events he will do? I hope NZ? Now PG has to learn not to crash.

mousti
21st December 2011, 19:58
So Ogier will fighting for overall S2000 classification and not SWRC.

tolis
21st December 2011, 19:59
Alister will do the gravel rallies. Sweden, Finland, GB and NZ!

alleskids
21st December 2011, 20:48
So Ogier will fighting for overall S2000 classification and not SWRC.

Indeed no VW or Ogier listed. Yazeed Al Rajhi was rallying with a Peugoet 207 S2000 from Kronos. Will he be riding the same Peugeot from the same team in 2012 SWRC?

2012 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
FIA SUPER 2000 WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
LIST OF ENTRANTS
ENTRANT

MACIEJ OLEKSOWICZ - Maciej OLEKSOWICZ
PROTON MOTORSPORT
PROTON MOTORSPORT
HAYDEN PADDON - Hayden PADDON
YAZEED RACING
CRAIG BREEN - Craig BREEN

Tom206wrc
21st December 2011, 21:15
Al Rajhi was driving a Fiesta S2000 in UK this year so I don't know :confused:

adr17
21st December 2011, 21:55
Al Rajhi was driving a Fiesta S2000 in UK this year so I don't know :confused:

fiesta rrc first event is sweden

Motorsportfun
21st December 2011, 22:06
Indeed no VW or Ogier listed. Yazeed Al Rajhi was rallying with a Peugoet 207 S2000 from Kronos. Will he be riding the same Peugeot from the same team in 2012 SWRC?

2012 FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
FIA SUPER 2000 WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
LIST OF ENTRANTS
ENTRANT

MACIEJ OLEKSOWICZ - Maciej OLEKSOWICZ
PROTON MOTORSPORT
PROTON MOTORSPORT
HAYDEN PADDON - Hayden PADDON
YAZEED RACING
CRAIG BREEN - Craig BREEN

I think the WRC is suffering the worries about North One Sport. The teams (and private investors, like Ferm or other global companies) wants to know how (and how much) their brands will be delivered around the world. It's an extremely important thing, IMHO.

adr17
21st December 2011, 22:14
[quote="Motorsportfun"]I think the WRC is suffering the worries about North One Sport. The teams (and private investors, like Ferm or other global companies) wants to know how (and how much) their brands will be delivered around the world. It's an extremely important thing, IMHO.[/QUOTE

the fee to register a wrc team has increased a huge amount , i dont know how much exactly but know it was a stupid amount extra

tolis
21st December 2011, 22:47
fiesta rrc first event is sweden
Which driver?

adr17
21st December 2011, 23:19
Which driver?

Yazeed Al Rajhi

Motorsportfun
21st December 2011, 23:25
Which driver?

He.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jaVXZiBUeo

danon
21st December 2011, 23:34
The hunter becomes the prey :arrow: World Rally Championship - News - Paddon: Ogier will be the ultimate benchmark (http://www.wrc.com/news/paddon-ogier-will-be-the-ultimate-benchmark/?fid=15880)

What caught my attention is:

- "Ogier has previously stated that his main aim in 2012 will be to continue improving his pace notes on all rounds of the world championship rather than trying to challenge for top 10 finishes against the hordes of World Rally Cars in action."

I thought it was the only way one can prove his superiority.
He proved me wrong!

N.O.T
21st December 2011, 23:45
I thought it was the only way one can prove his superiority.
He proved me wrong!

prove his superiority over whom ?

danon
21st December 2011, 23:54
prove his superiority over whom ?

That's a good one... actually none so far.

Rallyper
22nd December 2011, 00:07
List of registrations to WRC Teams, SWRC and PWRC - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13167)

Doesn´t impresse anyone. It´s a digrace!

N.O.T
22nd December 2011, 00:19
Doesn´t impresse anyone. It´s a digrace!

i would not say that....

in WRC we did not expect anything more for the manufacturers....but add to the list tanak, Neuville, novikov and al-attyiah (with a big questionmark though because he might prove a tourist) and its sure better than the last 2-3 years

in SWRC breen,paddon.Ogier and some good locals in selected rallies will make things exciting also...

PWRC is a dead rotten corpse for some years now so i do not bother with nobodies who do not belong in the sports top level....Kościuszko and ligato are ok privateers and i really cannot see the point of entering.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 01:36
I don't think Al Attiyah will be the tourist like Al Qassimi was, he's way too crazy for that, I think Cyprus confirmed that :D . He'll be for sure spectacular, I can't say how he'll end speed-wise though..

N.O.T
22nd December 2011, 01:49
Al quassimy was nothing... just a normal driver who thought that pulling handbrakes and doing stupid slow motion sideways driving would quilify him as a rally driver... it worked for some lesser rally fans but that was it.

Al attyiah is a rally driver....but he could prove a tourist.

AndyRAC
22nd December 2011, 08:19
I don't think Al Attiyah will be the tourist like Al Qassimi was, he's way too crazy for that, I think Cyprus confirmed that :D . He'll be for sure spectacular, I can't say how he'll end speed-wise though..

There is a huge difference between them - Al Attiyah appears to give it 100% as shown in Cyprus - fantastic committment.

Francis44
22nd December 2011, 08:42
Dont even compare Al Attiyah with Al Qassimi. I think Al Attiyah can easily challenge the second field and perhaps evem more on specific events.

Motorsportfun
22nd December 2011, 10:30
Al Qassimi was a tourist. Al Attiyah is a pure rally driver. ;)

22nd December 2011, 11:41
Join This Estonian Rally Fanpage on facebook https://www.facebook.com/Eestirallifannidjasoitjad

22nd December 2011, 11:43
Join this Estonian rally fanpage on facebook :) https://www.facebook.com/Eestirallifannidjasoitjad

N.O.T
22nd December 2011, 12:18
no..leave.

mousti
22nd December 2011, 15:47
Deadline for SWRC is 10 january so there could be still teams added to that..

Barreis
22nd December 2011, 16:41
Dani Sordo - Mur | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/DanielSordo?sk=wall)
10 rallies.

Motorsportfun
22nd December 2011, 17:09
Some more news about Eurosport: at the moment, is not scheduled any coverage of Monte Carlo Rallye, neither on ES International nor ES France. Will see in the coming days.

N.O.T
22nd December 2011, 17:16
Dani Sordo - Mur | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/DanielSordo?sk=wall)
10 rallies.

minimum 10 rallies...

as for Eurosport they have MC as part of their January schedule, at least they advertise it on their channel.

tolis
22nd December 2011, 19:13
Ramon Ferreyros is planning to do PWRC next year. Trying to find the budget...

mousti
22nd December 2011, 19:14
I hope he does a comeback in Belgium before he retires.

RS
22nd December 2011, 19:36
minimum 10 rallies...

as for Eurosport they have MC as part of their January schedule, at least they advertise it on their channel.

Maybe the prince did a deal to have MC still on Eurosport despite leaving IRC. I understand live tv was important to him, and as WRC seemed to promise none maybe this was the only way to get it back in WRC.

Motorsportfun
23rd December 2011, 00:02

N.O.T. I've checked Eurosport's internal tv timetables (ES International and ES France), but I've not found any coverage of the Monte!

N.O.T
23rd December 2011, 00:21
i am just saying what i saw on TV... Today i saw an add on monte from motors tv as well...at the end it was saying coming soon....

this is the video from motors tv i saw today

Teaser January 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41MuW9cYugQ)

Kielder
23rd December 2011, 01:35
Meeke is fired. Prodrive couldn't keep both cars in the Championship. They will try to rent the second car in each event, using the money for the car's development.

janvanvurpa
23rd December 2011, 02:38
Ramon Ferreyros is planning to do PWRC next year. Trying to find the budget...

What has he been up to lately? We remember him fondly up here in the NW of USA and that is from mid 80s.

Motorsportfun
23rd December 2011, 09:34
Meeke is fired. Prodrive couldn't keep both cars in the Championship. They will try to rent the second car in each event, using the money for the car's development.

Finally Ostberg will find a factory seat with MINI?

adr17
23rd December 2011, 09:51
Finally Ostberg will find a factory seat with MINI?rs

or kuipers

rp
23rd December 2011, 10:04
rs

Finally Ostberg will find a factory seat with MINI?

or kuipers

Very sad for Meeke if things are going this way.

If only Daniel Oliveira has stayed with the MINI. He would be now a works driver :-( There is still Paulo Nobre, but his Palmeirinha Rally has already registered to the series and Motorsport Italia is preparing Paulo´s MINI...

PLuto
23rd December 2011, 10:14
Kevin Abbring confirmed for VW on Monte - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=13170)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/ebec99e5e1c403880e7f98945bfaec0a.jpg

focus206
23rd December 2011, 10:42
Great news about Abbring, very happy for him :)
Bad news about Meeke instead :( Is it official? And wasn't Ostberg already "confirmed" on Ford B-Team with Tanak?

Francis44
23rd December 2011, 10:55

Damn, I feel for Meeke. He was trying really hard and he seemed very gratefull for the opportunity Mini gave him.

I think it's a bit harsh to say he was fired, much fair to say his "boss" wasn't able to gather all the requirements for him to redeem professionaly his job.

sal
23rd December 2011, 11:30
rs

or kuipers

Or any other no hoper with money...

RS
23rd December 2011, 11:52

This is pretty sad if true. Car manufacturers do seem to want to be in WRC but they don't seem to want to spend any money doing it. It can't really cost that much to fund one proper driver with the extra car can it if the team are already "on event"?

I don't think an approach like this is going to get them anywhere.

sal
23rd December 2011, 12:06
Gutted for Kris and Paul and British rallying as well. There was starting to be a buzz amongst British and Irish fans that we had at long last someone again with genuine prospects of wins at the top level. I know it's a cruel commercial world out there where money rather than talent opens the door in many cases however what could be better for Mini's marketing department and their "heritage" than an Irish driver in a Mini on the Monte?

Hope the RAC MSA are shuffling around uncomfortably when they see drivers from countries with backing from their respective motorsport associations in works seats...

skarderud
23rd December 2011, 12:07
Wild guess, but i think we will see prodrive with another manu from 2013.
The car is good, quite easy and cheap to put the Stuff to another chassis, with the same wheelbase.
Nice deal for a manu!

Really sad about meeke, he dosen't deserve this.
Hopefully he can drive something in 2012, and be back in 2013 with the new prodrive outfit.

Mintexmemory
23rd December 2011, 12:27
Wild guess, but i think we will see prodrive with another manu from 2013.
The car is good, quite easy and cheap to put the Stuff to another chassis, with the same wheelbase.
Nice deal for a manu!

Really sad about meeke, he dosen't deserve this.
Hopefully he can drive something in 2012, and be back in 2013 with the new prodrive outfit.

Judging by his tweet, I have a feeling that Kris wouldn't ever again touch Prodrive with a 12 foot bargepole that someone else was holding. We don't know the details of his contract and what verbal assurances he was given in the past but the sentiment expressed is not that of someone who thought this was likely to happen.
My view is that all the positive opinion regarding Prodrive Mini that has been built up in the UK in the past year will evaporate very quickly -perhaps Dave Richards is considering relocating to a cost centre in a lower labour cost country? If I worked at Banbury I'd now be very worried. It will all make a good book some day, no doubt.

noel157
23rd December 2011, 12:44
I imagine the tweet referred to the car (not Prodrive etc) and all the hours he has spent developing it only to find it will be driven by somebody else.

Motorsportfun
23rd December 2011, 12:49
possible Citroen WRC customer, Luca Pedersoli released his first viral video "Drift War 1": DW 1 Drift War One - The Full Movie - - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_mSetKsT54)

mousti
23rd December 2011, 15:18
Red Bull va rester finalement chez Citroen en 2012 (PlaneteMarcus)

Nice every money income in the WRC is almost all going to Citroën..

N.O.T
23rd December 2011, 15:23
Red Bull va rester finalement chez Citroen en 2012 (PlaneteMarcus)

Nice every money income in the WRC is almost all going to Citroën..

well its normal for a sposnor to try and be with the best....

mousti
23rd December 2011, 16:15
Offcourse but the contrast will be big next year..

PLuto
23rd December 2011, 18:31
First pics and movie of Lotus Exige R-GT - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94&p=57619#p57619)

Coach 2
23rd December 2011, 21:49
Something you always have to do (read between the lines when someone comes with a special statement) if you want to guess about the future.

It looks like Østberg comes with a surprise, very soon.

I hope at least

Andre Oliveira
23rd December 2011, 22:32
Ostberg in Mini seat no.2?

bluuford
23rd December 2011, 22:40
Merry Christmas to everybody!

The first news I heard today is that there is still possibility that we have Sordo and Mini for all 13 rounds.

OldF
23rd December 2011, 22:51
Merry Christmas!

Hope Sordo gets a part of Alonso’s Santander money.

tfp
27th December 2011, 00:50
Merry Christmas!

Hope Sordo gets a part of Alonso’s Santander money.

Haha!

I've had an on FB with a picture of Duval and a ford escort? does anyone know whats going on there?

PLuto
27th December 2011, 04:33
Francois Duval will start on Boucles de Spa with historic Ford Escort.

HaCo
27th December 2011, 09:18
First pics and movie of Lotus Exige R-GT - www.AutoSport.CZ (http://forum.autosport.cz/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=94&p=57619#p57619)
Awesome! I hope it eats N4 like cakes! :)

tfp
27th December 2011, 11:30
Francois Duval will start on Boucles de Spa with historic Ford Escort.

Aah thankyou:-) Im glad he hasnt completely turned his back on rallying!

Barreis
27th December 2011, 13:22
Me too.

Moriarty
27th December 2011, 13:37
He drove Porsche there last year
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-q5TZ2yJJ-FA/ThM7Rzb2RMI/AAAAAAAAEu8/oKEdfJwwgZE/s720/IMG_9628.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1QwpES-R_hk/ThM6wcgwu5I/AAAAAAAAEsA/emwTZZemdec/s720/IMG_9575.jpg

Amazing rally! Strongly recommend to visit it.

mousti
27th December 2011, 19:25
He's also every year starting in his home town in Cul des Sarts

darkstar
27th December 2011, 19:52
duval was really nice with the porsche, i think with a escort he could be even better. 2 scenes from him last year:

Rallye Legend Boucles de Spa 2011 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=khmBVFjBrIc#t=64s)

Rallye Legend Boucles de Spa 2011 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=khmBVFjBrIc#t=127s)

tfp
27th December 2011, 19:53
Very good pictures! :D

He's also every year starting in his home town in Cul des Sarts

He's busier than I thought, I hear he owns a new car dealership?

Barreis
27th December 2011, 20:30
http://www.rally-image.be/foto/0197/images/050.jpg Find yourself :)

Tom, nice pictures.

mousti
27th December 2011, 21:07
Yep he owns a own garage, where he's liking it more than driving a rally car..