PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

logic
5th August 2011, 15:58
That's true, I think the majority aren't even WRC followers.

That is exactly it , if you have a jump or something spectacular it attracts Americans as they have a short attention span and just like the flashy stuff. I bet you all 260k of Loeb's fans follow the WRC. Most of these twits that follow ken block cursed him because he stopped driving a subaru and switched to ford.

logic
5th August 2011, 15:59
WRC has also Kimi but Americans don't like F1 too much.

Exactly , if you are not going around in circles and jumping over things or having explosions they aint interested.

Barreis
5th August 2011, 16:24
Sometimes I ask myself why do I like this sport so much?! I don't know but like it! And Americans like their football, nascar, indy,etc.

WRCfan
5th August 2011, 16:25
Need an intermission, and a flyover from the airforce. NZ's WRC would have an issue with that as our airforce consists of a bunch of ducks and some geese...

At least there is good coffee around the stages, oh wait no hotdog stands so a WRC fail...ahhh American's will never love out beloved sport...

makinen_fan
5th August 2011, 16:40
dont think many of them are prepared to put the effort to watch stages in rain, mud, dust etc :p

anw, i dont get this idea why rallying needs the support of us people to be big. americans dont give a **** about football and football is massive

Barreis
5th August 2011, 16:43
Football or soccer?

logic
5th August 2011, 16:50
Football or soccer?

i refuse to call it football because men put on helmets and body armor to carry an oblong-ed shape ball and kick it twice a match is not foot ball. Another pet peeve is the baseball world series.................aint only america and canada playing base ball?

Barreis
5th August 2011, 17:01
Colin McRae, happy birthday...

GigiGalliNo1
5th August 2011, 17:20
Oh this is funny.

1. The Americans will ruin 'Rally Racing' for the rest of us :p

2. Japan plays in the 'World Series' too haha

3. Hope your watching over our 'improving' sport up there Colin!

4. And why is Block coming to Australia? No one knows who he is here either, yet again, only true rally fans in Aus know who any of the drivers are! There is probably I honestly think around 1000 people that will know :) and follow the sport properly :)

N.O.T
5th August 2011, 21:58
i refuse to call it football because men put on helmets and body armor to carry an oblong-ed shape ball and kick it twice a match is not foot ball. Another pet peeve is the baseball world series.................aint only america and canada playing base ball?

Basebal in Cuba and japan is also a huge sport.

Footbal/soccer is a nice sport for girls...

Plan9
6th August 2011, 02:12
Were is the Acropolis my friend?
I made this calendar with $$$$$$$ in mind for the car industry. I like Acropolis but I think the potential of places like India and China outweighed the Acropolis' historic value in my mind. You note i left France out as it probably would be irrelevant by Monte Carlo anyway.

TyPat107
6th August 2011, 03:42
Basebal in Cuba and japan is also a huge sport.

But at least they take the sport seriously and train like true athletes.

A friend took me to a major league game once when we were 12. The players came on the field to warm up and I yelled "Look! They hire someone to touch their toes since they can't touch their own." No one else found it as funny as I did.

Viking
8th August 2011, 16:17
This could stir things up a bit...

World Rally Championship - News - Loeb: WRC future decision imminent (http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-wrc-future-decision-imminent/?fid=15142)

I am evil Homer
8th August 2011, 16:40
If he won it this year I suspect he might be tempted by a move to VW. Can sit out next year testing and developing the car and retunr full time for 2 seasons from 2013

Motorsportfun
8th August 2011, 16:42
I guess 1 euro: he'll leave the sport. ;)

Viking
8th August 2011, 16:49
If he won it this year I suspect he might be tempted by a move to VW. Can sit out next year testing and developing the car and retunr full time for 2 seasons from 2013

But if he says he will move to VW before Germany, will he win it this year?..... ;)

focus206
8th August 2011, 18:22
I hope he will stay in the WRC at least for a couple of season, but I feel like he is going to left WRC...

Mirek
8th August 2011, 18:29
This could stir things up a bit...

World Rally Championship - News - Loeb: WRC future decision imminent (http://www.wrc.com/news/loeb-wrc-future-decision-imminent/?fid=15142)

Why just BEFORE Germany? To ensure VW makes the news during its home event?

Allyc85
8th August 2011, 18:47
I guess 1 euro: he'll leave the sport. ;)

Me too, if he wins this year with the new rules, the only thing he would have to prove is winning the championship with another team ;)

And anyway Loeb winning all the time is a big turn off to the casual fans that I talk to and so it may not be the worst thing to happen!

bluuford
8th August 2011, 19:17

I was thinking exactly the same. He told that he makes his decision in two weeks.. that is before Germany..sounds like VW gave him deadline just before Germany to steal some very, very big headlines related to German market! And suddenly FFSA and Peugeot has started to support some drivers with real potential again.. (Campana, Bouffier).
Why not to earn a few million EUR just before retirement and prove himself with another manu:-)

Roy
8th August 2011, 20:58

I was thinking the same.

If he goes to VW I hope not for him it will be a 'Mäkinen'.

N.O.T
8th August 2011, 21:00
I think he either stays with Citroen or goes to retirement home....

bare in mind that VW eneters in 2013...what is he going to do next year drive a s2000 ????

AndyRAC
8th August 2011, 21:03
I think he either stays with Citroen or goes to retirement home....

bare in mind that VW enters in 2013...what is he going to do next year drive a s2000 ????

Testing, and some appearances in an LMP1 car.....(hopefully).

N.O.T
8th August 2011, 21:05
LOL... yeah that would be very viable option....

Gregor-y
8th August 2011, 21:06
Loeb *could* spend a year testing depending on how serious VW is. Look what Citroen was able to do with the time they spent on Xsara, C4 and to a degree the DS3. Plus he could get into an Audi for LeMans. But I think retirement is more likely.

Nuts; I spent too much time editing my post and Mr. RAC beat me to the punch.

sollitt
8th August 2011, 21:13
I agree NOT. If Loeb went to VW 10 years of history with Citroen becomes worthless to them so I think they might wave the biggest cheque.
Would be nice to see him in new colours though.

logic
8th August 2011, 21:22
would be nice to see if he can do it at another team.

Plan9
8th August 2011, 21:22
i think he will do 2012, how could he resist Monte Carlo at least? Not 2013 though when maybe he does sports cars.

Rallyper
8th August 2011, 21:43
Loeb has nothing to prove anymore. He will leave WRC next year as the best ever rallydriver. No one in ages will become as good as Seb.

N.O.T
8th August 2011, 22:19
my guess is 1 more year with citroen to make the Finns squeak once more...then he will pass the torch to Ogier.

I would also like to see him actually lose a championship before he retires to know that at least someone is better than him and we don't lose the best WRC driver like that.

focus206
8th August 2011, 22:39
I would also like to see him actually lose a championship before he retires to know that at least someone is better than him and we don't lose the best WRC driver like that.

Exactly my thought.
I would like to see him driving a non-Citroen car, but since VW is joining WRC only in 2013, it's not likely going to happen.

Rally Power
8th August 2011, 22:45
Testing, and some appearances in an LMP1 car.....(hopefully).

Agree!

Le Mans is a great challenge to Loeb, and winning WRC with another manu is even a greater one!

By allowing Ogier to dispute Loeb leadership, Quesnel has secured the younger Seb at Citroen but probably will be responsable for Loebs departure.

Barreis
8th August 2011, 22:58
This's bull****. Why should he retire? To comeback like Schumi when he'll be out of sport for three years?! Or Gronholm... Loeb's the best and he can drive for 5 seasons on top for sure.

logic
8th August 2011, 23:41
To be honest i would like to see how he would do at another team. To see if he can win championships elsewhere.

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 00:19
This's bull****. Why should he retire? To comeback like Schumi when he'll be out of sport for three years?! Or Gronholm... Loeb's the best and he can drive for 5 seasons on top for sure.

he will not come back if he retires...maybe some events for fun.

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 00:24
To be honest i would like to see how he would do at another team. To see if he can win championships elsewhere.

yes and then you would like him to rally at 50 years old to see if he can do it...or go to another team and see if he can win with 3 teams...and then in a monocycle....and then of course you would like to see him in the 80s and the 70 where drivers back then were real men and were winning events by limping the car to the finish driving at average speeds of 70km/hr.....blah blah blah

the thing is, he is in a team and he ridiculed everybody that passed though that team from Sainz to Colin to Solberg to Duval....made them quit retire and go to their retirment homes humbled.

If he wins the championship this year he is going to be the BEST motorsport personality ever lived...NONE other motorsport driver/rider managed to win 8 concecutive titles....accept it.

Plan9
9th August 2011, 00:48
If he did do a few select events in any WRC car, I assume they would be tarmac and he would win them, probably frustrating some of the full time (lesser) drivers. I'm not sure when another driver will win in Germany for instance.

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 00:57
time out of the sport makes you slower...Marcus in sweden was a good example...Rally is a dicipline that requires contstant touch to be able and be competitive at the highest level.

If he leaves the sport he never going to win again, you may have the talent but the risks you take in one off events are far less.

danon
9th August 2011, 01:11
It's better for Loeb to take some pressure off testing one year with VW.
Then get back on stage with a brand new car developed by himself.
Nobody expects miracle to happen in short term.
But just in here lies the surprise.
You never know.
Miracles Do Happen.

Plan9
9th August 2011, 02:51
I for one will be please to see any name other than HIS at the top of the drivers table at the end of a season for once.

Xsara Fan
9th August 2011, 07:39
It's better for Loeb to take some pressure off testing one year with VW.
Then get back on stage with a brand new car developed by himself.
Nobody expects miracle to happen in short term.
But just in here lies the surprise.
You never know.
Miracles Do Happen.

And in 2012 Loeb can take part in WRC with... Skoda Fabia S2000! :) That`s would be interesting.

Motorsportfun
9th August 2011, 09:47
Me too, if he wins this year with the new rules, the only thing he would have to prove is winning the championship with another team ;)

And anyway Loeb winning all the time is a big turn off to the casual fans that I talk to and so it may not be the worst thing to happen!

Agree. They'll retire (Quesnel and he) at the end of this year, before doing Endurance World Champ...

bluuford
9th August 2011, 12:34
And in 2012 Loeb can take part in WRC with... Skoda Fabia S2000! :) That`s would be interesting.

Yeah, Loeb, Hänninen, Tänak, Mikkelsen in SWRC would be nice :-P

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 13:00
You really believe that Loeb will actually run in wrc events with a s2000 ????

WRCfan
9th August 2011, 14:00
Why get rid of Loeb? If Seb Loeb leaves then his position will only be filled by the arrogant junior in his team. I would rather Loeb keep winning titles than Ogier.

Barreis
9th August 2011, 14:03
+1

bluuford
9th August 2011, 14:04
You really believe that Loeb will actually run in wrc events with a s2000 ????

Of course, then he can say later that he beat past stars, current stars and also future stars :-P

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 14:06
and then of course drive in the FIA academy.

bluuford
9th August 2011, 14:10

Yes, it will happen after VW era.

pantealex
9th August 2011, 17:09

Too old for that :(

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 17:11
IRC then...

tfp
9th August 2011, 21:02
or lemans...

Plan9
9th August 2011, 21:15
Petter Solberg for the second seat if loeb leaves?

N.O.T
9th August 2011, 22:01
no

alleskids
9th August 2011, 22:15

Petter is too much a personality. The second, non French driver in the Citroen factory car has to play second fiddle to the leading (French) driver. The second driver has to be talent and experienced but also willing to obey orders. He has to be good, but not TOO good

MJW
9th August 2011, 23:13
Petter is too much a personality. The second, non French driver in the Citroen factory car has to play second fiddle to the leading (French) driver. The second driver has to be talent and experienced but also willing to obey orders. He has to be good, but not TOO good

You obviously seen the job description. Suits Mikko?

tfp
9th August 2011, 23:16

Would have explained why they got rid of Duval :)

tfp
9th August 2011, 23:18

I think Solberg would do well for them to make up manu points on the tarmac rounds, somewhere Ogier hasn't proved himself yet.

logic
9th August 2011, 23:27
I think Loeb will do what all french do...........run when they is some sort of competition .

Plan9
9th August 2011, 23:51
Good point on Solberg. I can't think of any others from the current field that would willingly be a Number 2. I was told that even Meeke wasn't that desperate when he was test driver at Citroen.

Mitch555
10th August 2011, 00:19
How about Neuville? He could fit the description. He's been doing really well in the IRC lately, and has been developed by Marc van Dalen in Kronos, so it seems like it could be a perfect marriage. Citroen couldn't go to bad targetting Atkinson and Hanninen too

Plan9
10th August 2011, 02:01
How about Neuville? He could fit the description. He's been doing really well in the IRC lately, and has been developed by Marc van Dalen in Kronos, so it seems like it could be a perfect marriage. Citroen couldn't go to bad targetting Atkinson and Hanninen too
+1
Those are interesting choices. I was wondering if you thought that Neuville and Hanninen would be in the TOO GOOD category? I think Atko would be good but he wouldn't bring any money, which may be important.
Would Sordo try again and hold his breath...?

N.O.T
10th August 2011, 03:58
I think Loeb will do what all french do...........run when they is some sort of competition .

can you name a french rally driver who did that ???

sollitt
10th August 2011, 04:13
Interesting everybody picking Hanninen as top contender. When he was out here with PWRC a couple of years ago he got a driving lesson from the locals ... 2 years in a row I think. Maybe he's grown wings since.

N.O.T
10th August 2011, 04:16
Maybe he's grown wings since.

well he has a contract with red bull....

cali
10th August 2011, 07:42
Interesting everybody picking Hanninen as top contender. When he was out here with PWRC a couple of years ago he got a driving lesson from the locals ... 2 years in a row I think. Maybe he's grown wings since.
Have you seen his results/speed in IRC tarmac rounds?

cali
10th August 2011, 07:43
I think Solberg would do well for them to make up manu points on the tarmac rounds, somewhere Ogier hasn't proved himself yet.
Solberg and tarmac is not a good combo ;)

bluuford
10th August 2011, 08:32
Neuville and gravel are not very good combo as well ;-)

wildsir
10th August 2011, 08:32
Hanninen, with Neville as a new baby ogier in 3rd car

Mirek
10th August 2011, 09:19

Sirr, Hänninen won 3x more stages than anyone else in 2008 PWRC (Juho 51, champion Aigner 11, Nasser 12, Sandell with S2000 19). The problem was his car was too unreliable to bring that home.

MJW
10th August 2011, 09:29
People seem to assume RedBull is staying with Citroen, I thought they only had a one year extension, 2011 season and that with reduced financial input. My guess is Red Bull sponsorship is VW bound.

N.O.T
10th August 2011, 09:32
It is a risky choice to leave a team like citroen....

WV brings money but we still haven't seen their capabilites as a team.

R33
10th August 2011, 09:46
Would have explained why they got rid of Duval :)

Hey, Duval was never TOO good while he was with Citroen

pettersolberg29
10th August 2011, 11:41
Would Sordo try again and hold his breath...?

Interesting point - I think Sordo would be the perfect teammate to Ogier, and Dani may even think he could beat Ogier... especially on tarmac.

Tomi
10th August 2011, 11:41

How did those locals finish in the PWRC those 2 years, and why is nobody interested in them?

N.O.T
10th August 2011, 12:35
the only problem with Hanninen is that he is not tested against REAL competiton using a REAL car....and time is running out.

makinen_fan
10th August 2011, 12:48
it's his commitement with skoda that holds him back at the moment I think. if he was a 'free' driver, i am sure he could have an outing or two with a ford as so many others did.

Gregor-y
10th August 2011, 14:52
If by that you mean run ahead of everyone else and win, then yes.

Neuville and gravel are not very good combo as well ;-)
You could say the same for tarmac judging by Iper this year (and forgetting Corsica)... ;)
Neuville would actually be a good choice if there's no big clash between Kronos and Citroen.

it's his commitement with skoda that holds him back at the moment I think. if he was a 'free' driver, i am sure he could have an outing or two with a ford as so many others did.
By all means, put Hanninen in a privateer Ford; guaranteed to kill his career much faster than whatever plans VW and Skoda have for him.

Mirek
10th August 2011, 15:03

Would few paid starts with customer Fords make him a works driver? I seriously doubt so. On the other hand I'm absolutely sure those 3 years in Škoda, thousands of testing kilometers (especially on asphalt), involvement into car development and driving complete championships helped him to be a complex driver ready for any seat. OK, he's not really young now and there's time to move to the highest league in first possible moment, but why not with VW? For sure he has a good chance there...

Barreis
10th August 2011, 15:10
If by that you mean run ahead of everyone else and win, then yes.

You could say the same for tarmac judging by Iper this year (and forgetting Corsica)... ;)
Neuville would actually be a good choice if there's no big clash between Kronos and Citroen.

By all means, put Hanninen in a privateer Ford; guaranteed to kill his career much faster than whatever plans VW and Skoda have for him.

Agree. In close battle with Loeb, Ogier, etc. Hanninen is nowhere.

Mise
10th August 2011, 17:00
Agree. In close battle with Loeb, Ogier, etc. Hanninen is nowhere.

That is true, but only cos Hänninen has the S2000. :D :cool:

makinen_fan
10th August 2011, 17:07
is hanninen going to race in any of the tarmac events on the wrc this year?

Mirek
10th August 2011, 17:11
Germany and France. Both are new events for him so it will be interesting because for example Prokop did Germany maaaany times and the stages doesn't change a lot.

Tomi
10th August 2011, 17:30
the only problem with Hanninen is that he is not tested against REAL competiton using a REAL car....and time is running out.

Thats true, but I think time will tell, why else would he be driving the real rallies now, if they dont have future plans for him.

tfp
10th August 2011, 18:25
Solberg and tarmac is not a good combo ;)

Hey, he came second in spain last year :D OK, maybe it was in mixed surfaces :)

René
10th August 2011, 19:50

I imagine that with such speech, you must have a thick honours list as a dictionary, and that it was acquired against French drivers??? Isn't ???

Plan9
10th August 2011, 21:19
Interesting point - I think Sordo would be the perfect teammate to Ogier, and Dani may even think he could beat Ogier... especially on tarmac.
I don't think that Sordo would be allowed to win on any other surface if it came down to the two of them.

Plan9
10th August 2011, 21:21
I would'nt worry about Hanninen. His experience in s2000 will not be too much of a problem when he gets a WRC as they are quite similar to drive, judging by the comments of some drivers who have used both.

Barreis
10th August 2011, 21:57
It's not the problem in machinery. It is problem in battle with Loeb who's unbeatable and then the confidence is going down little by little. The rare ones are who beat Loeb in last five years.

Plan9
10th August 2011, 23:32
Cheer up he has driven against some fast drivers in SWRC/IRC and not lost his nerve. I think he will be quite resilient against people like Loeb and Ogier. Also, Loeb may not be there to challenge him next year. I do agree that being a Stobart driver would be a damn stupid thing to do, we don't need another Henning.

Griff
10th August 2011, 23:46
Too right!!! No one would be allowed to get close to petit Seb. They must be OBEY and submit to Citroën rule. Petter does not have the right personality to sit back and let the other man win. Just look at what they have done to him this season. Citroën is a French team, for French drivers, to sell French cars. No one else is allowed.
Petter for VW. The manager of PS engineering FX, is already working for VW, as seen in Finland.

danon
11th August 2011, 00:16
How about Hanninen in Citroen... hard time for the crying behind sunglasses arrogant junior ;(

N.O.T
11th August 2011, 00:44
Too right!!! No one would be allowed to get close to petit Seb. They must be OBEY and submit to Citroën rule. Petter does not have the right personality to sit back and let the other man win. Just look at what they have done to him this season. Citroën is a French team, for French drivers, to sell French cars. No one else is allowed.

and what happened and a few years back they had colin mcrae as No1 and Sainz as No 2 ??????

Of course then Loeb came as 3rd driver and ridiculed them so badly that led colin to unemployment and then act like a circus clown in the US and Sainz back in his million dolar mansion.

Peter has nothing to offer to a works team as a second driver he doesn't have the skills to beat the fords consistently.

As for Hanninen in Citroen, far too risky choice for citroen....better let the VW get the gamble with him and meanwhile offer a good contract to Loeb and win the manufacturers title in 2012 with hands in pockets once more...

alleskids
11th August 2011, 11:00
and what happened and a few years back they had colin mcrae as No1 and Sainz as No 2 ??????

Of course then Loeb came as 3rd driver and ridiculed them so badly that led colin to unemployment and then act like a circus clown in the US and Sainz back in his million dolar mansion.

Back in 2002 Loeb was just a young talented driver, not capable yet of winning championships. Citroen is in WRC for winning, so they brought in the next available star drivers, McRae and Sainz, who challanged each other. Citroen however prefers French drivers, so when Loeb became the star driver he is no he became ontouchable, until an other French driver (Ogier) became a star driver. They could tell Belgium Duval and Spaniard Sordo to back off, but the French media and French bosses of PSA do not pick when a Frenchman has to back off for an other Frechman.
Ford and VW or open for any nationality as long as the driver is winning rallies and bringing some budget. Citroen is how ever French-orientated and wants/prefers a French winner.

Barreis
11th August 2011, 11:21
Nobody said Duval to back off.

logic
11th August 2011, 11:52
Back in 2002 Loeb was just a young talented driver, not capable yet of winning championships. Citroen is in WRC for winning, so they brought in the next available star drivers, McRae and Sainz, who challanged each other. Citroen however prefers French drivers, so when Loeb became the star driver he is no he became ontouchable, until an other French driver (Ogier) became a star driver. They could tell Belgium Duval and Spaniard Sordo to back off, but the French media and French bosses of PSA do not pick when a Frenchman has to back off for an other Frechman.
Ford and VW or open for any nationality as long as the driver is winning rallies and bringing some budget. Citroen is how ever French-orientated and wants/prefers a French winner.

After all they do not win much lolol

N.O.T
11th August 2011, 12:26

stories from the star trek universe...Sordo to back off...LOL Duval to back off LOL...Sordo was ordered to back off just once and when the championship title was at stake...EVERY team would do the same and did the same in the past.

Duval was the worst personality the WRC ever had to face.... thats why he ended unemployed eating hamburgers and still living off his daddys money.

Its very funny that all these incompetent people were at their caves when Loeb was winning the titles and now that the best driver of all times is about to retire soon they start to bring fake stories and mud with them....

their is a saying in greece which goes

"Δρυος πεσουσης πας ανηρ ξυλευεται"

which in a free translation is

When the big tree is down any kind of man can have a go at it.

And what about VW saying that they would like a german driver in the their team ??? they are nationalistic as well i guess....i wonder why....

Barreis
11th August 2011, 13:17
You're talking bull****.

N.O.T
11th August 2011, 13:22
You're talking bull****.

at least i made you post something longer than your usual +1 and "good for him" stuff....so i am happy.

Barreis
11th August 2011, 13:27
Go, work something. :D

N.O.T
11th August 2011, 14:00
In Greece we also have those rich useless kids where their daddy buys them a company to have something to do... nice to see we have some methods that are the same as in developed european countries.

As for your stories from the star trek universe...you have any evidence that those orders were implied or you just post random lies ??

in 2005

duval was 32 seconds slower after 4 stages LOL

In 2007 same story for Sordo.... LOL Lies all the way

NEWSFLASH

Team orders were not invented by citroen they are implied by teams since the 70s...

But the pain Loeb and citroen has caused all these year to girl fans around the world caused them to become blind and lobotomised as well...

last post from me about the subject in this thread...we are way off topic and we do not offer anything that fans do not know already.

Mirek
11th August 2011, 14:13
In Greece we also have those rich useless kids where their daddy buys them a company to have something to do... nice to see we have some methods that are the same as in developed european countries.

As for your stories from the star trek universe...you have any evidence that those orders were implied or you just post random lies ??

in 2005

duval was 32 seconds slower after 4 stages LOL

In 2007 same story for Sordo.... LOL Lies all the way

NEWSFLASH

Team orders were not invented by citroen they are implied by teams since the 70s...

But the pain Loeb and citroen has caused all these year to girl fans around the world caused them to become blind and lobotomised as well...

last post from me about the subject in this thread...we are way off topic and we do not offer anything that fans do not know already.

... said the self-declared sage...

Tomi
11th August 2011, 14:29
Of course team orders were used for long time already (lots of examples in the '90s already), but I don't like the fact that in some way you disrespect the drivers who were the victims of those team orders.

I dont really understand this fuss about teamorders, they asked Kankkunen about team orders some time ago, he said he has been given away about 10 wins, but also been given a few, he also said that if you work for someone you have to do like they want if that is impossible to understand, then better to change job to something else.

clem126
11th August 2011, 15:20
Citroen however prefers French drivers, so when Loeb became the star driver he is no he became ontouchable, until an other French driver (Ogier) became a star driver. They could tell Belgium Duval and Spaniard Sordo to back off, but the French media and French bosses of PSA do not pick when a Frenchman has to back off for an other Frechman.

well if Citroen had a non-french driver as fast and capable of winning on any surface as Loeb or Ogier, in the team, he would have had the same treatment!
Duval was really fast, the only thing was that he crashed way to much! Sordo was also really fast on tarmac but not enough on gravel. To me, they deserved their 2nd (or 3rd for Duval) driver seat but they were in no way capable of beating Loeb fair and square. (and again: Thats only MY opinion)

I am evil Homer
11th August 2011, 15:53
I dont really understand this fuss about teamorders, they asked Kankkunen about team orders some time ago, he said he has been given away about 10 wins, but also been given a few, he also said that if you work for someone you have to do like they want if that is impossible to understand, then better to change job to something else.

Finally some sense!

Duval's problem was confidence, sure he knew he was likely to always be #2 in that team but sometime he made these silly errors and it seemed to snowball from there to the point where it became apparent he was not the driver he once could have been.

Sordo was slightly different in that he took a long time to get decent, consistent speed on gravel.

cali
11th August 2011, 16:07
Finally some sense!

Duval's problem was confidence, sure he knew he was likely to always be #2 in that team but sometime he made these silly errors and it seemed to snowball from there to the point where it became apparent he was not the driver he once could have been.

Sordo was slightly different in that he took a long time to get decent, consistent speed on gravel.

Duval had so many off's because he tried/wanted to be faster than Loeb and was driving over his limits ... simple as that

Guillaumemex
11th August 2011, 16:53
Imagine Loeb in 2003. First full season. His team mate? Carlos Sainz en Colin McRae! The citroen wasn’t then the best car. But he beat Sainz and McRae and finish 2d in the championship for just one point. He just made his leadership in the team. And everybody could do the same thing over Seb, French or not. If Ogier beat Loeb today sometimes, it’s not because he’s French, but because he’s better than Duval or Sordo. Maybe his French nationality helps a little for confidence… OK.

Loeb deserves every win he has been and he proved that in the last rally.

Barreis
11th August 2011, 18:12
Duval had so many off's because he tried/wanted to be faster than Loeb and was driving over his limits ... simple as that

Agree.

bluuford
11th August 2011, 19:28
Hey, Maybe we can go back to news and rumours?

Starting with one link: Rallying Young Guns: The Quest to reach the Sebs! on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/27243151)

It is documentary film about two young Estonian rally drivers (Plangi and Kruuda) and their co-drivers. Very good quality, 42 minutes pure joy. I just thought that it would be nice to replace this "feature driver " section in WRC show with similar short view behind the scenes..

Sorry for those who have already seen it in Video section and Rally Estonia section

Co-driven
12th August 2011, 00:29

Starting with one link: Rallying Young Guns: The Quest to reach the Sebs! on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/27243151)

It is documentary film about two young Estonian rally drivers (Plangi and Kruuda) and their co-drivers. Very good quality, 42 minutes pure joy. I just thought that it would be nice to replace this "feature driver " section in WRC show with similar short view behind the scenes..

Sorry for those who have already seen it in Video section and Rally Estonia section

I watched it yesterday...really liked it!

focus206
12th August 2011, 10:07

Very interesting... you have quite promising drivers in Estonia in my opinion ;)
Also Kruuda is a quite funny guy :D

Franky
12th August 2011, 22:04
I watched it yesterday...really liked it!

Thanks.

Here's a longer text about the documentary project, sort of like a blog I kept during filming - LINK (http://noir.ee/reachsebs/index.html)

Plan9
13th August 2011, 06:54
If Loeb leaves I was wondering what would happed to Elena?

N.O.T
13th August 2011, 07:02
You should not wonder about such things....

we have numerous examples of what happens to co-drivers when their long time driver retires...

GigiGalliNo1
13th August 2011, 11:33
Can someone explain why Loeb is seen with Chevrolet at with WTCC?

Scoop - Sébastien Loeb a testé la Chevrolet WTCC*! | Divers (http://www.toilef1.com/Scoop-Sebastien-Loeb-a-teste-la.html)

N.O.T
13th August 2011, 11:42
he will quit rallying and drive at WTCC next year with chervolet.

Barreis
13th August 2011, 11:43
Quesnel is stupid, wants to rid of the best rally driver in the world.

GigiGalliNo1
13th August 2011, 11:46
I think Loeb should do a different sport... Like.... Tennis! Yes Tennis! ^_^

N.O.T
13th August 2011, 11:46
no he will quit as well and become manager at Chevrolet as well.

N.O.T
13th August 2011, 11:47
I think Loeb should do a different sport... Like.... Tennis! Yes Tennis! ^_^

no his childhood dream was to become a lemans driver...rallying is just a hobby.

GigiGalliNo1
13th August 2011, 12:07
Gymnastics trainer?! ;)

N.O.T
13th August 2011, 12:13
if you like to joke about those things why you posted such a stupid question ???? what was your aim when you asked if someone know why he tested the WTCC car ??? to stir things up for the drama girls ???

Loeb tested a red bull f1 car also some time ago....what was the meaning of that back then ??? Can rally driver do things just for fun or as part of sponsorship deals ???

Posting the news was a good thing...asking stupid questions doesn't contribute anything.

Allar
13th August 2011, 12:17
Posting the news was a good thing...asking stupid questions doesn't contribute anything.
Like they used to say here in Estonia, '' There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers''

Your answer was very stupid, troll

Allyc85
13th August 2011, 13:39
Can someone explain why Loeb is seen with Chevrolet at with WTCC?

Scoop - Sébastien Loeb a testé la Chevrolet WTCC ! | Divers (http://www.toilef1.com/Scoop-Sebastien-Loeb-a-teste-la.html)

Because he can? And because anyone in thier right mind would take the chance to try out a different form of motorsport! ;)

GigiGalliNo1
13th August 2011, 13:58
Ok ok ok :)

tfp
13th August 2011, 18:00
if you like to joke about those things why you posted such a stupid question ???? what was your aim when you asked if someone know why he tested the WTCC car ??? to stir things up for the drama girls ???

Loeb tested a red bull f1 car also some time ago....what was the meaning of that back then ??? Can rally driver do things just for fun or as part of sponsorship deals ???

Mate! He was only joking ;) Chill your beef!

I must admit, seeing Loeb testing a touring car was the last thing I expected. Would be intersting to see, also(if he goes into circuit racing) I expect BTCC to gain some more fans in the shape of citroen/loeb wrc fans, so probably a good move for everyone!

Viking
13th August 2011, 22:17
Seeing Loeb in the Chevrolet WTCC car, interesting.. I guess Quesnel finds it interesting that he does it in full Citroen gear :D

Barreis
14th August 2011, 12:57
Quesnel is stupid and has silly voice. To rid of the biggest talent in history of WRC?!?

tfp
14th August 2011, 15:34
Quesnel is stupid and has silly voice. To rid of the biggest talent in history of WRC?!?

And he cried at Le Mans:-)

Barreis
14th August 2011, 16:51
JML cried more times. :D

logic
14th August 2011, 16:53
None of them cried more than Burns

tfp
14th August 2011, 18:21
JML cried more times. :D

I knew that one was coming :)

Tom206wrc
15th August 2011, 11:06

You don't chose your voice !!! Nature choses it for you... :rolleyes:

GigiGalliNo1
15th August 2011, 12:53
Mate! He was only joking ;) Chill your beef!

Even Becs from World Rally Radio was having some fun!

I’m fully expecting the service park to be a buzz with rumour (as it always is) this week. Will we get a decision from Loeb on his future? Will he retire? Stay with Citroen? Move to another team? Move to circuit racing? Have a total career change and become a synchronised swimmer? We all have our individual theories as I’m sure you do to. I can’t quite imagine the WRC without Loeb and I’m hoping he doesn’t hang up his boots or put away his pace notes just yet.

World Rally Championship - News - Features - World Rally Radio preview: Deutschland (http://www.wrc.com/news/features/world-rally-radio-preview-deutschland/?fid=15162)

tfp
15th August 2011, 19:27
Even Becs from World Rally Radio was having some fun!

World Rally Championship - News - Features - World Rally Radio preview: Deutschland (http://www.wrc.com/news/features/world-rally-radio-preview-deutschland/?fid=15162)

:laugh:

Barreis
15th August 2011, 20:31
World Rally Championship - News - Campana prepares for Germany with Burns Rally win (http://www.wrc.com/news/campana-prepares-for-germany-with-burns-rally-win/?fid=15165)

danon
16th August 2011, 00:34

And he cried at Le Mans:-)

How on earth did i miss that one.
Now i see why Ogier is Quesnel's 'boy' .
They have something in common... ;(

WRCfan
16th August 2011, 03:19
Add arrogant little upstart to that list and they have 2 things in common now :)

AP-Racing
16th August 2011, 05:49
who can commented that?
"PSA prêt à lâcher Ogier pour Conserver Loeb à tout prix face aux propositions de VW, prise de décision après-demain ..."

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 06:53
where is it from ??

AP-Racing
16th August 2011, 06:55
where is it from ??

World Rally Is Free | Tout sur le WRC : news, liens, tests, vidéo (http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/)

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 07:27
well it says that Citroen will let ogier go in order to keep Loeb from going to WV....the decision will be anounced the day after tommorow...

i do not believe it...we will see. Although i believe it more than the other stupid rumours that are circulating....If citroen loses Loeb it loses a huge commercial value.

Brother John
16th August 2011, 10:23
well it says that Citroen will let ogier go in order to keep Loeb from going to WV....the decision will be anounced the day after tommorow...

i do not believe it...we will see. Although i believe it more than the other stupid rumours that are circulating....If citroen loses Loeb it loses a huge commercial value.

When Loeb leave Citröen, I have finally respect for him. :s mokin:

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 10:27
send him an e-mail, i think after 8 titles, millions of euros, ridiculing of rally legends like nobodies all he asks is for your respect.

Barreis
16th August 2011, 11:17
He doesn't ask for anything, he doesn't know for you, he doesn't care.

AP-Racing
16th August 2011, 12:10
send him an e-mail, i think after 8 titles, millions of euros, ridiculing of rally legends like nobodies all he asks is for your respect.

Thank you mr. Loeb, for leaving WRC and for give chance make next "World Champion, only because Loeb leave WRC" lol

makinen_fan
16th August 2011, 12:26
i want to see him make it ten in a row! a decade dominated by a single person, wouldn't it be amazing?

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2011, 12:52
i want to see him make it ten in a row! a decade dominated by a single person, wouldn't it be amazing?

No, that would be and is boring. Sorry. That's just plain stupid. We can see he's already a champion and a good driver... but like below:

Thank you mr. Loeb, for leaving WRC and for give chance make next "World Champion

This is what the people want! ^^^

Good day Loeb!

Mirek
16th August 2011, 12:57
I can't see why a championship without the best driver ever could be better...

traxx
16th August 2011, 13:00
who can commented that?
"PSA prêt à lâcher Ogier pour Conserver Loeb à tout prix face aux propositions de VW, prise de décision après-demain ..."

This is from a french Reporter : Eric Briquet. He said that the PSA Bosses insist to keep Loeb perhaps instead of Quesnel. VW suggest a contract as number 1, so PSA has to suggest a contract as a real number 1, not on the same level with Ogier. It seems that the bosses really want to keep Loeb, they don't want to leave him to another manufacturer.

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 13:21
If they let Loeb to leave they lose the BEST commercial value a man has ever had for a real car manufacturer....if he goes to WV then all these years of wins and trophies will be exploited by the germans (if he goes to WV) and not by citroen.....

they are not that stupid...on the other hand, i think its very unfair to ogier...at the end of the day i think a compromise will be made and both drivers are going to have a No1 with Loeb at slight advantage if the championshp next year goes his way a bit at the start.

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 13:27
No, that would be and is boring. Sorry. That's just plain stupid. We can see he's already a champion and a good driver... but like below:

This is what the people want! ^^^

Good day Loeb!

people want a nobody to become champion because they do not want the same name over and over again despite the fact he deserves it....who are these people ???

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2011, 13:55
so PSA has to suggest a contract as a real number 1, not on the same level with Ogier.

So Ogier will get the case of the 'Sordo-Syndrome' (that is what we will call it!)

Let Loeb win, let him win, you sweep etc :) Brilliant!

people want a nobody to become champion because they do not want the same name over and over again despite the fact he deserves it....who are these people ???

People want a no body to be champion so they will be somebody! We could have had Sordo as a Champion, Petter again as well as Mikko and Jarri! Though showing to the world an unbeatable driver like Loeb, these guys perhaps are not in the same league... so perhaps let them have their own league WITHOUT a king!! (?)

Gordini
16th August 2011, 13:58
Think Loeb is done in rally and want new motorsport to do.

logic
16th August 2011, 15:08
When Loeb leave Citröen, I have finally respect for him. :s mokin:

X2

I want him to go to a team where he is not the number 1 or mor so both drivers can fight without the other having to give way for him.

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 15:14
X2

I want him to go to a team where he is not the number 1 or mor so both drivers can fight without the other having to give way for him.

so after avoiding answering the question...which french rally driver ran away when he faced competiton...try answering this one as well...when did Loeb won anything by team orders while he was second ???

logic
16th August 2011, 15:17
so after avoiding answering the question...which french rally driver ran away when he faced competiton...try answering this one as well...when did Loeb won anything by team orders while he was second ???

I gave up replying to you , so please do not quote me and ask me questions.

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 15:19
another quitter...ok no more questions.

Next...

Mirek
16th August 2011, 15:23
X2

Sorry, but this is really funny statement considering who Loeb is. You can win few events by team orders, maybe You can win one title by team orders but it is absolutely impossible to win 8 titles in a row and 66 WRC events by team orders... And it is just funny to declare You don't have respect for achieving something which was never achieved by anyone else.

mas-racing
16th August 2011, 15:28
2 video's ( historic + modern ) from de Rally van Staden 2011 ( een rally in belgium ) online on : www.mas-racing.be (http://www.mas-racing.be) suject film ( algemeen )
enjoy it
Kjell

logic
16th August 2011, 15:35
Sorry, but this is really funny statement considering who Loeb is. You can win few events by team orders, maybe You can win one title by team orders but it is absolutely impossible to win 8 titles in a row and 66 WRC events by team orders... And it is just funny to declare You don't have respect for achieving something which was never achieved by anyone else.

well , tis my point of view. If he goes to another team and wins , to me he will win respect in my eyes .

alleskids
16th August 2011, 15:36

I had respect for Loeb and was a big fan for many years, until 2009 Rally poland were he first needed rookie Evgeny Novikov to swap places and then ordered Conrad Rautenbach, one of the worst WRCar drivers ever, to stop for 13 MINUTS!!!! to give him extra points so he could be World champion by 1 point difference.

Barreis
16th August 2011, 15:36
You're unlogic.

Mirek
16th August 2011, 15:39
I had respect for Loeb and was a big fan for many years, until 2009 Rally poland were he first needed rookie Evgeny Novikov to swap places and then ordered Conrad Rautenbach, one of the worst WRCar drivers ever, to stop for 13 MINUTS!!!! to give him extra points so he could be World champion by 1 point difference.

Do You believe that was ordered by Loeb personally?

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 15:42

all the teams would do the same to favour their championship boy... Ford forced the whole stobart team to run infront of latvala and hirvoen to have a better road postition...

danon
16th August 2011, 15:45
The better option for Loeb is to take the VW challenge and leave the Citroen.

And can you all imagine if at the end he made it again in a VW car what would be the feeling.

i scent it ... :bounce:

logic
16th August 2011, 15:46
The better option for Loeb is to take the VW challenge and leave the Citroen.

And can you all imagine if at the end he made it again in a VW car what would be the feeling.

i scent it ... :bounce:

That is all i am saying , i would like to see him go to another team and do it again!

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2011, 15:52
..which french rally driver ran away when he faced competiton...

Delecour/Panizzi?

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 15:59
Delecour/Panizzi?

what ?? are you ok son ??

Panizzi was not even full time works driver and 39 when he retired and Delecour was 38 when he retired and also not full time driver....and they didn't left they were dropped...

why you bother with this sport ??? it does not do you any good....

Mirek
16th August 2011, 16:07
That is all i am saying , i would like to see him go to another team and do it again!

That's different thing than to write "X2" to a post declaring no respect for Loeb...

I fully agree with this post of Yours but absolutely disagree with the previous.

Barreis
16th August 2011, 16:07
He thought about fight infront of Provera when Panizzi did ilegal recce with bike. After incident at the end of that season Delacour had to leave.

Miika
16th August 2011, 16:22
After this year´s Finland I became a bit of a fan of Loeb, but if now after all these titles he needs to have a guarantee in writing about being the absolute number 1. in the team, and maybe pushing Ogier out of the team all together, that would be sad. I wish he would change team and show that he can do it in a totally different non-French enviroment.

MJW
16th August 2011, 16:31
After this year´s Finland I became a bit of a fan of Loeb, but if now after all these titles he needs to have a guarantee in writing about being the absolute number 1. in the team, and maybe pushing Ogier out of the team all together, that would be sad. I wish he would change team and show that he can do it in a totally different non-French enviroment.

If this is true it is sad, Loeb allegedly blocked Petter from getting ANY Citroen for a while after Subaru quit, then he got the ancient Xsara,and spent until Spain 09 to get another old C4, (rumours said that Loeb did his best to block this deal) then he had Sordo as his loyal lapdog supporting him. In the middle of last year Loeb went public and suggested it would be better if Ogier went to Ford, now for the first time Loeb has a real challenge in Ogier he wants to remove the competition. If Ogier is forced to Ford or Mini, and Loeb stays another year he picks up yet another championship. As Miika said, I had total respect for Loeb after his amazing Finland drive, now it seems its back to this. I bet Sordo is checking the terms of his Mini contract to see if he can go back to be Loeb's number 2 in Citroen.
On a positive it makes Petter at VW for likely. I hope Ogier's career wont be shafted by this.......

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 16:35
If this is true it is sad, Loeb allegedly blocked Petter from getting ANY Citroen for a while after Subaru quit, then he got the ancient Xsara,and spent until Spain 09 to get another old C4, (rumours said that Loeb did his best to block this deal) then he had Sordo as his loyal lapdog supporting him. In the middle of last year Loeb went public and suggested it would be better if Ogier went to Ford, now for the first time Loeb has a real challenge in Ogier he wants to remove the competition. If Ogier is forced to Ford or Mini, and Loeb stays another year he picks up yet another championship. As Miika said, I had total respect for Loeb after his amazing Finland drive, now it seems its back to this. I bet Sordo is checking the terms of his Mini contract to see if he can go back to be Loeb's number 2 in Citroen.
On a positive it makes Petter at VW for likely. I hope Ogier's career wont be shafted by this.......

you have any proof of what you are saying ??? or just say whatever comes to your head ???

Tomi
16th August 2011, 16:48

Really amazing stuff, now why would Loeb had wanted to block Petter?

Barreis
16th August 2011, 16:52
Bull****.

tfp
16th August 2011, 18:09
Really amazing stuff, now why would Loeb had wanted to block Petter?
'Cos hes frightened of competition.

If he had done a kankunnen and left for other manufacturers, and still won, then I'd have a whole lot more respect for him.

And the facts are, not many people want to watch a kind of motorsport where the same thing happens over and over again. The same thing happened in F1 a few years ago with schumacher, the F1 fans call these years "the dark ages" :-)

I'm absolutely sure the sport will be a whole lot more popular if he retires, things will look up. After all, folk might aswel watch the 2004 season as oppossed to this season, nothing much has changed since then. Yawn.

Nornbugger
16th August 2011, 18:30

If he had done a kankunnen and left for other manufacturers, and still won, then I'd have a whole lot more respect for him.

And the facts are, not many people want to watch a kind of motorsport where the same thing happens over and over again. The same thing happened in F1 a few years ago with schumacher, the F1 fans call these years "the dark ages" :-)

I'm absolutely sure the sport will be a whole lot more popular if he retires, things will look up. After all, folk might aswel watch the 2004 season as oppossed to this season, nothing much has changed since then. Yawn.

No offence but respect of the unlearned isn't worth anything, other than '86 when he went from Peugeot to Lancia when Peugeot were quiting the sport did Kankunen leave a team that had a a decent car?

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 18:38
What kind of competiton would solberg bring ? the guy hasn't won an event since 1967...

and why would Loeb change teams ?? Drivers usually change teams when something goes wrong or have financial differences, NONE changes teams to "prove" things....do you have any real examples of a driver changing teams to prove his worth to 12 year old boys/girls ?? Kankunnen changed teams when lancia left and then when toyota left...same goes for Gronholm, Makinen ects...

this forum needs an age filter...

nafpaktos
16th August 2011, 19:22
this forum needs an age filter...
The reason why forums exist's is to talk about our hobbies or whatever.If you dont like to talk make a blog where you can publish your opinions-announcements.If this forum had a right behaviοur filtrer we couldnt read you.

N.O.T
16th August 2011, 19:24
it does have one.... its called ignore

Miika
16th August 2011, 19:30
If Seb gets his extra motivation to continue his career by signing a no-competition-inside-the-team deal with the same old team, alrighty then. Why leave to a team where you´d have to interact with a different language, plus the food would be worse there. A terrible thought.

Plan9
16th August 2011, 21:16
I remember watching the shakedown of Rally NZ in 2002 with an experienced local co-driver. We were at the roadside and watched Loeb drive passed. The old guy said he would win "absolutley everything" I doubted him then but since 2003 I have been eating my words. I can only hope that when he does choose to leave the sport, whoever owns the WRC then limits the amount of time Loeb's legacy gets in the media to tries to reboot the series as there is no way that any of the current field could ever come close to what he has done.

sollitt
16th August 2011, 21:41
I've not been a fan of Loeb. But I became one during Finland. The achievement of 8 consecutive titles actually tells us more about the opposition than it does about Loeb however the win in Finland is all about Loeb. Winning such a 'specialist event', from the front, in a team that was reportedly working against him, is the stuff of folk heroes.
In any sport or profession, when you are the best, you are entitled to such recognition and nowhere moreso than within the team you have assisted to greatness.
Ogier might be an exciting prospect but, in that team, he is still the apprentice and as long as Loeb remains the most prolific winner he is entitled to #1 status.

Calls for him to retire or go elsewhere to prove his greatness are churlish nonsense and deserving of every admonishing response NOT can muster.

Tomi
16th August 2011, 21:50

If he is so much afraid of competition, how come would he have earlier accepted Grönholm as team mate in the Kronos team? Get down to the earth guys, after all drivers dont decide much in the team.

makinen_fan
16th August 2011, 23:01
and if he is afraid of competition he would not agree to join no.1 in citroen with ogier this year. he knew already what ogier was capable off already from last year. and remember ogier has the above hand in every round so far, loeb is cleaning the road and he can play easily tactics. but lets see whats gonna happen in the tarmac rallies. also i am curious to see how well ogier can lead from the lead opening the stages and have such a lot of pressure from behind as loeb had in finland. so i dont think it's time for citroen to favour ogier over loeb, the have more to loose than gain, so they will give loeb whatever he needs to stay

Rallyper
16th August 2011, 23:29
Loeb isnt afraid of competition. All respects to him.

What says he has to compete at all next year?

I think Citroen keep him in the family as a Public Relations guy and maybe a mentor of coming drivers in the Citroen family. Beside that he might give FIA som extra help to popularise the WRC even more, when the competition gets hotter after him leaving the steering wheel.

Ogier stays as no1 driver and Petter will be no1 in VW. Never will Loeb go to VW.

Remember where you read this first.

tfp
16th August 2011, 23:32
If he wan't frightened, why did he tell the press that "Ogier should move to Ford" ?

Plan9
16th August 2011, 23:49
I feel that Loeb's domination has scared away many car companies. More than anything else Subaru's demise was hastened by the fact Loeb kept them off the podium's top step. On a personal note, I don't hate Loeb and I admire his skills but I feel his sucess has come at a great price for the sport I love.

logic
16th August 2011, 23:57
HE is french , he is afraid of everything.

tfp
17th August 2011, 00:16
HE is french , he is afraid of everything.

:laugh: Thats a bit below the belt!

tfp
17th August 2011, 00:20
I feel that Loeb's domination has scared away many car companies. More than anything else Subaru's demise was hastened by the fact Loeb kept them off the podium's top step. On a personal note, I don't hate Loeb and I admire his skills but I feel his sucess has come at a great price for the sport I love.

+1 :up:
I think the PSA's massive budget has something to do with it aswel, mind you, the manufacturers probably couldnt keep up with ford in the hospitality department, with that 5 star hotel artic of theirs :rolleyes:

pete c
17th August 2011, 01:45
i read these posts and laugh at some, others i just shake my head in disbelief, but to suggest that Loeb should leave the best team/the sport, because he is too good ,defies logic or understanding.
i know we all have our favourite drivers/teams but to need them to have to have Loeb retire/leave to be able to win, seems to me to be pretty hollow victory.
we should rename the world championship as DL (during Loeb) and AL(after Loeb) so you dont get confused as to which part of history, your driver/ team finally won.
i myself would rather my favourite driver/team beat Loeb fair and square,and not have to wait till he goes, but that might just be impossible.

cheers

xavier
17th August 2011, 04:40
If he wan't frightened, why did he tell the press that "Ogier should move to Ford" ?

Because the fight would have been much more interesting with them in a different team. He knew Ogier is he main rival in term of speed. Having the 2 in a different team will have make the teams fight each other rather than having the fight within one team, which has historically never been a good thing for the team.

PS: "Logic" are you under 10 year old? your parents should not let you unsupervised on the internet.

cali
17th August 2011, 08:09
This may sound bit silly to some of us here, but the rumour I've heard tells that Citroen has offered 8 million €, while VW has offered contract for 16,5 million €. Maybe this could be the case? Remind you that this is some silly rumour that I've heard may not be true.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 08:32
no..too much money for a contract at a rally team...maybe the total sum including the sponsors ects reaches that but i do not think so.

Miika
17th August 2011, 08:40
It is a tough nut for Citroen to crack since letting either one of the Sebs go will propably bite them in the ass at some point, if VW´s potential is up to the level of their speculated resources, they will be a big player in the series. And more so with the likes of the two Frenchmen.

mm1
17th August 2011, 08:56
VW contract is for at least two years, because no competitipn next year, remember?

cali
17th August 2011, 09:06
VW contract is for at least two years, because no competitipn next year, remember?
I've only heard figures, not terms - so I can not comment on this. But your assumption sounds logical.

And as N.O.T. has stated, that in given current climate these numbers sound a bit unreal to me as well.

Mirek
17th August 2011, 09:10
no..too much money for a contract at a rally team...maybe the total sum including the sponsors ects reaches that but i do not think so.

I'm sure VW had offered 10+ million sum, maybe later it got even to 16 million. In any case it is not that unreal as You think.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 09:24
10 million for 2 years yes its realistic...the current payscale of Loeb is around 4-4.5 per year at citroen.

I think VW will do a big mistake to sign Loeb... 1 year of inactivity is a lot when you compete at the highest level.

Its going to be a very smart move and a perfect retirement plan from a financial standpoint for Loeb though.

My guess remains... 1 more year at citroen or old peoples home.

mm1
17th August 2011, 09:56
I redict also that he stays at Citroen, although I hope he goes to VW, just to spice up things a bit. If VW would compete allready next year, I think he would go. On the other hand, as N.O.T. says, he would be more valuable for VW as a driver (not a developer), if he goes to VW after next year. Why not have the 10th title with a different manufacturer :) ?

focus206
17th August 2011, 10:08
Meanwhile, again budget troubles for Ostberg... Germany may be the last event of his season :(
Google PYeklada (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=cs&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/)

AndyRAC
17th August 2011, 10:12
Meanwhile, again budget troubles for Ostberg... Germany may be the last event of his season :(
Google PYeklada (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=cs&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/)

Another talented driver scraping round for money.......

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 10:18

as long as Mr wilson has his son in the team getting ridiculed everything is fine....

Barreis
17th August 2011, 10:47
They have full garage of works subarus. if they sell it, drive is here.

Barreis
17th August 2011, 15:05
Like the most privateers.

J.Lindstroem
17th August 2011, 15:31
it does have one.... its called ignore

Owned!

SubaruNorway
17th August 2011, 15:46
They have full garage of works subarus. if they sell it, drive is here.

The S9 is sold and the S10's are sold i believe and the two S12's were out for sale last winter, not sure if they are sold.

Bobcat
17th August 2011, 15:48
It is a tough nut for Citroen to crack since letting either one of the Sebs go will propably bite them in the ass at some point, if VW´s potential is up to the level of their speculated resources, they will be a big player in the series. And more so with the likes of the two Frenchmen.
"Loeb: I don’t want to end up like Schumi..."

Gregor-y
17th August 2011, 16:13
No offence but respect of the unlearned isn't worth anything, other than '86 when he went from Peugeot to Lancia when Peugeot were quiting the sport did Kankunen leave a team that had a a decent car?
Didn't he and Sainz dance around between Lancia and Toyota in the late 80s and early 90s? I dont' remember the exact sequence but it seemed like they were always trading places.

I think Subaru kept themselves off the podium since 2005. Petter had a few crashes, true, but the car seemed to be buggy with little chance of correcting the problems, something that makes me wonder about Prodrive's involvement with the MINI.

Barreis
17th August 2011, 17:24
Hope prodrive won't screw up things with mini.

oph
17th August 2011, 17:38
To end the discussion on Loeb and what he will do next yeat, he has now according to iRally, signed a two year deal with Citroen :)

pettersolberg29
17th August 2011, 17:52
Where does this leave Ogier? There were rumours that Citroen chose Loeb over Ogier, but was this just gossip or does this leave Ogier's future at Citroen in the balance. Obviously Citroen would be stupid to let Ogier go, but if its Loeb or Ogier, then they have to make a hard decision. Hopefully both can exist in harmony!!

Barreis
17th August 2011, 17:53
Sebastien Loeb to remain in WRC with Citroen until at least 2013 - WRC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93797)

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 17:57
I think Ogier stays as well for 2012...then we will see....

Of course he might go to Le mans....

Hartusvuori
17th August 2011, 17:58
So that's 10 titles in a row, right?

Barreis
17th August 2011, 18:00
That would be nice.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 18:01
hmmm i think 8 is the stop.....maybe 9. 10 will be insane

Already this year without the retirement Ogier would be dangerously close.

pantealex
17th August 2011, 18:16
So that's 10 titles in a row, right?

+1
I don´t like, but that is reality!

Barreis
17th August 2011, 18:23
Let's the best win.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 18:25
Let's the best win.

+1

Allyc85
17th August 2011, 18:26
How long is Ogiers contract?

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 18:32
until 2013 as well...

GigiGalliNo1
17th August 2011, 18:38
The good news is good for the sport!!

Miika
17th August 2011, 18:41
But the next two year´s are still only options for Ogier+Citroen (?), if they haven´t agreed on using those options yet then Ogier might as well listen what VW has to offer. Why settle for a danisordo deal for two seasons at this point.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 18:49
i think its until 2013 with no options...at least according to him in 2010 when he signed the contract.

Sébastien Ogier: “I’d like to thank Citroën for renewing its confidence in me, and what’s more, for three seasons! I made my world championship debut with this team, and I’ve always said that my priority was to stay with them. I’m thrilled at the idea of driving the new generation World Rally Cars, and of defending the colours of the make at the topmost level. Like Sébastien, I’m fully concentrated on the end of this season starting with the Finnish Rally, where I’ll be part of the Citroën Total World Rally Team for the first time!”

thats from 2010...

for the moment everyone is under the VW fever...

but so far VW only brings promises and money, we have to wait and see if they bring results as well, before we can tell if they are a good deal or not.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 18:50
But the next two year´s are still only options for Ogier+Citroen (?), if they haven´t agreed on using those options yet then Ogier might as well listen what VW has to offer. Why settle for a danisordo deal for two seasons at this point.

who says its a dani sordo ?? ....his results this year doesn't point at this direction..none citroens actions towards him...

Dani sordo never managed to deliver...Ogier does.

Woodeye
17th August 2011, 18:57
Great to see that THE Seb continues.

...and still waiting for someone like Grönholm to really challenge him. Apart from Seb 2.0 I feel a bit sceptic about anyone else really challenging him. And please do forget about VW at the start. None just comes to rally from a scratch and suddenly starts to win.

T.Maanteiden kuningas
17th August 2011, 19:02
GOOD thing for WRC future! New teams coming, great events and legend driver!

Miika
17th August 2011, 19:03
Ogier´s manager said that this year they are both equal in the team, meaning the contracts don´t decide the number one driver. If the new contract guarantees Loeb the number one status (on paper) then isn´t that a step towards killing the competition inside the team, no matter what Ogier delivers.

And also got the impression from an interview few months back that so far only this year is certain for Ogier, and that 2012-2013 would still be only options. Don´t know if it was translated wrong or have they already agreed on using those options.

GigiGalliNo1
17th August 2011, 19:03
Dani sordo never managed to deliver...Ogier does.

Sorry what? Deliver? How many times has Sordo been asked to let Loeb in front of him, let him win, stop/slow down on stage so Loeb can become World Champion? How many podiums and fights has he had to do to help Loeb and the Team?

Sordo never delivered! Hah yeh right.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 19:08
Sorry what? Deliver? How many times has Sordo been asked to let Loeb in front of him, let him win, stop/slow down on stage so Loeb can become World Champion? How many podiums and fights has he had to do to help Loeb and the Team?

Sordo never delivered! Hah yeh right.

only once in spain...and he was still behind Loeb and just told them to not push him.... he never managed to be ahead of Loeb convincingly NEVER !!! a thing that Sordo does...

and what about gravel ???

a friendly advice...stop watching the sport...you do not learn anything from it, and you do not have a good perception of it either...

Gregor-y
17th August 2011, 20:17
None just comes to rally from a scratch and suddenly starts to win.
Peugeot seems to have done it twice with the 205 and 206, and the Xsara didn't take more than a year to dominate, either.

noel157
17th August 2011, 20:50
Ogier´s manager said that this year they are both equal in the team, meaning the contracts don´t decide the number one driver. If the new contract guarantees Loeb the number one status (on paper) then isn´t that a step towards killing the competition inside the team, no matter what Ogier delivers.

And also got the impression from an interview few months back that so far only this year is certain for Ogier, and that 2012-2013 would still be only options. Don´t know if it was translated wrong or have they already agreed on using those options.

I think when Quesnel mentioned that both would have equal status he qualified that by saying that in the 2nd half (now) of the season whoever was ahead in the WRC would get preference.

OldF
17th August 2011, 22:01
I must say I’m happy with his decision. As Bluuford already said the others have two more years to beat him. In 2013 also VW will be around but with which drivers and with how potential car. Imo 2013 will be an interesting year.

This is from maxrally.

MaxRally | News | Loeb: why I stayed at Citroen (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/loeb_why_i_stayed_at_citroen/)

Loeb: why I stayed at Citroen:

Sebastien Loeb says that he wasn’t willing to throw away 10 years of work with Citroen for the sake of one year of competition with Volkswagen – and that was the main reason behind his decision to sign another two-year Citroen contract.

“From a marketing point of view we’ve done a great job over the past two years: my image and the image of Citroen is completely linked,” he said. “In the end, I didn’t want to throw all that away for the sake of one year at Citroen – although it was a hard decision and Volkswagen pushed hard to try and get me. Maybe if the term with Volkswagen would have been longer it could have been different, but it’s hard for me to think about the future beyond two years at the moment.”

Although Loeb will be 39 when his current contract concludes at the end of 2013, he refuses to rule out staying on beyond then. “You never know how you will feel in the future,” he added. “At the moment, I think this is my last contract, but I’ve been saying ‘next year is the last year’ for a few seasons now!”

Loeb’s contract enables the Frenchman to walk away at the end of 2012 if he chooses, providing that he doesn’t drive for another manufacturer. A Le Mans campaign with Peugeot does not form part of his latest deal, but the possibility remains “open” for him to compete at the 24 Hours if the circumstances are suitable.

Plan9
17th August 2011, 22:09
I must say I’m happy with his decision. As Bluuford already said the others have two more years to beat him. In 2013 also VW will be around but with which drivers and with how potential car. Imo 2013 will be an interesting year.

This is from maxrally.

MaxRally | News | Loeb: why I stayed at Citroen (http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/loeb_why_i_stayed_at_citroen/)

Loeb: why I stayed at Citroen:

Sebastien Loeb says that he wasn’t willing to throw away 10 years of work with Citroen for the sake of one year of competition with Volkswagen – and that was the main reason behind his decision to sign another two-year Citroen contract.

“From a marketing point of view we’ve done a great job over the past two years: my image and the image of Citroen is completely linked,” he said. “In the end, I didn’t want to throw all that away for the sake of one year at Citroen – although it was a hard decision and Volkswagen pushed hard to try and get me. Maybe if the term with Volkswagen would have been longer it could have been different, but it’s hard for me to think about the future beyond two years at the moment.”

Although Loeb will be 39 when his current contract concludes at the end of 2013, he refuses to rule out staying on beyond then. “You never know how you will feel in the future,” he added. “At the moment, I think this is my last contract, but I’ve been saying ‘next year is the last year’ for a few seasons now!”

Loeb’s contract enables the Frenchman to walk away at the end of 2012 if he chooses, providing that he doesn’t drive for another manufacturer. A Le Mans campaign with Peugeot does not form part of his latest deal, but the possibility remains “open” for him to compete at the 24 Hours if the circumstances are suitable.

When I read this a brilliant quote from Clarkson came to mind..."poo is comming out"....

I think this could put a nail into M-Sport's coffin lid.

kakus
17th August 2011, 22:17
Seb bet's on red!

After a long discussion during which he went through all the options, the seven-time world champion decided to continue his career in the WRC and to renew his confidence in Citroën Racing, his present team. Here are his first thoughts!

You have given much thought to the future of your career. The desire to continue in the WRC has remained the strongest, why?
It's clear that I have been asking the question for a while, to stop, to continue, a change of discipline... I was going through the options, it must be confessed, still with a desire for a new discipline... But between the say and do, this is not the same. It is not easy to say stop, to say to rallying, well, now it's over...

And then with regard to my results, you cannot say I'm on the down. I am leading the championship. While it is not easy this year, I'm still ahead, and I hope to remain so. So I thought it was a shame not to continue. I'm still young, and my motivation remains intact for the win!

At times you seemed very close to stopping. Do you have the impression you have come full circle regarding the WRC?
Sure, I've won seven World Championship titles, all with Citroën. At one point, actually, I wanted a change of scenery. But as I said, between saying and thinking and actually doing it is very different! I thought of new challenges, but ultimately, I am staying... and that's fine. I am relieved to have made this decision and to continue.

Did the rule change affect your thinking?
It is not necessarily essential, but it changes the game. I was pretty excited this year with how to manage the races, with Ogier always behind me so that I have to sweep the road. I always used to have a team behind me, who supported me and I admit at one point I started to have doubts. But the rules are like that and fortunately they are changing next year, so these problems will be avoided. What I want is to have a team that support me, with whom I am happy to share the victories.

How much did your familiar and friendly environment affect your decision? For them, was the trend more for stopping or to continue?
Rather to continue... As I thought but in which discipline? Rally, DTM, Endurance, was more the question... Then after careful consideration, I thought that the DTM or the endurance races will have to wait a little…

Which team did you have contact with? Who were the two finalists?
I had a proposal from VW, which I must admit had my full attention. I think this is the proposal that convinced me to stay in rallying. I have been in contact with Carlos Sainz, with whom I still have a very good relationship and the challenge would be to develop a new car and to try to win a title with a new manufacturer...

The means of VW are very important, superior to Citroën that is clear. For them testing is not limited. I would test on every surface for the WRC next year, without having the pleasure of the competition and also without the certainty of having a car at the end of the day. In the end, my schedule was not going to be very different either.

What has finally tipped the balance in Citroën’s favour?
With Citroën I evolved, learned a lot, and I won my titles and did not want to hurt the team. They would feel that I had betrayed them by going to another manufacturer. My relationship with the team, with the management of the PSA, the engineers, the mechanics has always been excellent and I did not want to spoil everything.

What is your new contract in the WRC?
2 years.

Apart from the WRC, which options have you pushed more seriously?
Sure I was tempted by the DTM. I like the discipline. The cars are not only beautiful, but powerful. And a new challenge attracted me a lot. But we'll see later!

Scores of fans will be happy with your decision. Does this matter to you?
Of course it matters! They have always supported me and I would not want to disappoint them either. I have had a lot of encouragement for me to continue, even if ultimately the decision was mine. I hope to give them a lot of pleasure.

MR666
17th August 2011, 22:18
I hope someone can take the top spot off him before the end of 2013. If not I feel sorry for the new world champion in 2014 as they will be known as the one that won without Loeb competing.

N.O.T
17th August 2011, 22:32
I hope someone can take the top spot off him before the end of 2013. If not I feel sorry for the new world champion in 2014 as they will be known as the one that won without Loeb competing.

exactly, the new champ must earn his cown not pick it up from the garbage.....

Bobcat
17th August 2011, 22:56
I think this could put a nail into M-Sport's coffin lid. Really?

tfp
17th August 2011, 23:28

+1 :up: Loeb might just be setting himself up for disaster here...
This season and next will make for a much more experienced JML and Ogier.... :D

tfp
18th August 2011, 00:34
only once in spain...and he was still behind Loeb and just told them to not push him.... he never managed to be ahead of Loeb convincingly NEVER !!! a thing that Sordo does...

and what about gravel ???

a friendly advice...stop watching the sport...you do not learn anything from it, and you do not have a good perception of it either...

He will watch whatever motorsport he wants.
Why disrespect Sordo when he helped loeb and citroen to 3(or 4?) manufacturers championships?

danon
18th August 2011, 00:59
And let's not forget who is a consultant for Volkswagen Motorsport.

GigiGalliNo1
18th August 2011, 02:51

Oh man, I make another mistake, :(

Miika
18th August 2011, 05:39
Only thing missing now is Ford announcing they´ll pull the plug out of Malcolm´s kitchen, and then next year would be fun-fun-fun.

mousti
18th August 2011, 08:08
I'm sure VW had offered 10+ million sum, maybe later it got even to 16 million. In any case it is not that unreal as You think.

That's alot if u know that Contador only get 11 million for 2 years in a way more popular and mainstream sport then Rally.

N.O.T
18th August 2011, 08:09
Only thing missing now is Ford announcing they´ll pull the plug out of Malcolm´s kitchen, and then next year would be fun-fun-fun.

that would be good news.

mousti
18th August 2011, 08:39
There is no say on that VW indeed gave him a 2 year contract but Loeb felt it was too less and signed a contract with Citroën for 2012 and 2013 is an option??

AndyRAC
18th August 2011, 08:47
That's alot if u know that Contador only get 11 million for 2 years in a way more popular and mainstream sport then Rally.

And he might not be racing next year - and if he is, it's only a handful of races. Gilbert would be worth £11M...