PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Mise
15th December 2010, 17:56
Could there be such S2000 1.6T cars like:

Ford Fiesta 1.6T
Citroen DS3 1.6T
Peugeot 207 1.6T
Skoda Fabia 1.6T
Proton Satria 1.6T
Fiat Punto 1.6T

Are these cars possible to make just by upgrading S2000
or do the manus have to homologate them somehow?

OldF
15th December 2010, 18:14
Could there be such S2000 1.6T cars like:

Ford Fiesta 1.6T
Citroen DS3 1.6T
Peugeot 207 1.6T
Skoda Fabia 1.6T
Proton Satria 1.6T
Fiat Punto 1.6T

Are these cars possible to make just by upgrading S2000
or do the manus have to homologate them somehow?

The engine must be homologated. Every new part or a change in an existing part must be homologated.

Mise
15th December 2010, 18:38
And that goes both upgrading S2000 or downgrading WRC?

Mirek
15th December 2010, 18:41
Yes. It should be that way that WRC and 1.6T S2000 share same homologation number but have different option variants (VO). 1.6T engine upgrade for old S2000 (2.0T) should be homologated as erratum (ER).

HaCo
15th December 2010, 18:48
Excellent explenation OldF, i think there are several people that don't know the difference between new WRC car and Superproduction car.

Yep, excellent indeed, thanks OldF!

Btw, from the pdf doc on the FIA website:

Super 2000 cars fitted with a 1.6-liter turbo engine with a restrictor, the size of which to be announced
when the first car of this type will be homologated.
They want to make sure the Mini can win or what? :P

Mise
15th December 2010, 18:48
Thanks OldF and Mirek.

alleskids
15th December 2010, 19:50
The SP will have a smaller restrictor than the WRCars I asume, otherwise they would be at the same performance level as the WRcars. What's the size of the WRcar restrictor?

So, far 2011 we will have
WRC: Citroen DS3 / Ford Fiesta / Mini Countryman
SP: Mini Countryman and possible Ford Fiesta (I don't see Citroen making a SP of their DS3)
2000: Skoda Fabia / Peugeot 207 / Ford Fiesta / Abarth Grande Punto / Proton Satria
(and some more, but these are the most used)

Mirek
15th December 2010, 20:08
You have reasonable differences described by OldF several posts earlier. It's not only restrictor size.

Besides that Fabia 1.6T will be available before 2012 too.

dimviii
15th December 2010, 20:51
think that is going to confuse a lot of not so well informed spectators all these differences between wrc -wrc sp etc.

Motorsportfun
15th December 2010, 22:14
Here's the official video of the 2010 Motor Show Bettega Rallysprint final in Italy.

http://www.motormedia.tv/video/motormedia-racing-show/finali-memorial-bettega

tolis
16th December 2010, 21:02
The website of the Acropolis Rally 2011 is online (http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2011/) (http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2011/%29). Today, a press conference was held in the New Acropolis Museum. Aris Vovos's business will be responsible for the promotion of the rally.
The rally starts on Thursday 16th December 2011, with the ceremonial start in the Acropolis monument. On Friday, there will be some stages in Central Greece and then, on Saturday and Sunday, the stages will be near Loutraki (Rally HQ). The 3rd day will have only 4 stages (including the new "Power Stage"). The official itinerary will be announced in the first days of February.
Photos from the press conference:
http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2011/gallery-2011/photos-2011/press_conference-2011/
My article in Greek: http://www.xwmatinos.gr/xwma/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1526
In English: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=el&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xwmatinos.gr%2Fxwma%2Fmodules.p hp%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D1526 :D

atsiotras79
19th December 2010, 07:52
So do we have anybody else confirmed for PWRC and SWRC and the Academy apart from the known ones?

alleskids
19th December 2010, 18:46
according to rallybuzz.com the programe of Daniel Oliveira is official:

The newly created, Brazil World Rally Team, will participate in the 2011 World Rally Championship aboard the MINI. The new team will compete first with the Super Production MINI then move later in the MINI WRC championship.
Prodrive will provide the team with Super MINI and the MINI Production, likewise, the famous English team will be responsible for driving the WORLD RALLY TEAM BRAZIL during 2011, providing all relevant technical and logistic support. The team will debut in March, during the Rally Portugal and will compete in the WRC next 10 dates.

So Prodrive first devellops a Countryman SP before the Countryman WRCar will be released?

Motorsportfun
19th December 2010, 21:43
http://www.autoxauto.com/22711-rally-wrc-daniel-oliveira-incursionara-dentro-del-campeonato-mundial-de-rally.html

PLuto
19th December 2010, 22:14
Daniel Oliveira is official for few days...

Motorsportfun
20th December 2010, 02:02
Daniel Oliveira is official for few days...

Maybe few weeks :p :

alleskids
20th December 2010, 05:43
but not his new team: (Prodrive) World Rally Team Brazil :)

Formaldehyde
20th December 2010, 19:34
WTF?? As a Brazilian lurker in this forum for a long time, I must say that I'm shocked! We have a WORLD RALLY TEAM now?? Great news I guess, for me and the 2 other guys in Brazil that know what Rally is.

I also find it funny how they named it "Brazil Team" like if it was some kind of national effort in the Olympics.

Well, suddenly the 2011 season looks more interesting :)

alleskids
20th December 2010, 20:15
I know how you feel. The small country Nederland has not 1, but even 2 players in the elite rally league of WRC. No more French or Fins domination. Make room for new players/countries :)

VFTS
20th December 2010, 22:34
Small country? Compared to what?
In Nederland there are 16 mill people....

In Finland 5,3 mill.....and lots of good rallydrivers in the elite rally of WRC
In Norway 4,8 mill.....and lots of good rallydrivers in the elite rally of WRC

But of course we welcome the drivers from Nederland

Motorsportfun
20th December 2010, 23:21
alleskids would say there's no more a two or three-country battle in the standings, but from next year there will be new nations represented with some drivers with WRC cars. ;)

PLuto
20th December 2010, 23:42
I know how you feel. The small country Nederland has not 1, but even 2 players in the elite rally league of WRC. No more French or Fins domination. Make room for new players/countries :)

Pity, that this two playes arent the best, but the most rich... I would like to see instead of them Kevin Abbring, Hans Weijs or Timo van den Marel.

Brother John
21st December 2010, 08:02
Small country? Compared to what?
In Nederland there are 16 mill people....

In Finland 5,3 mill.....and lots of good rallydrivers in the elite rally of WRC
In Norway 4,8 mill.....and lots of good rallydrivers in the elite rally of WRC
But of course we welcome the drivers from Nederland

Yes you are right, because the Netherlands has so many inhabitants but no place for rally, therefore no experience and no top drivers. :rolleyes:

motorsportshooters.com
21st December 2010, 08:28
The Oliveira guy in a factory run WRC is such a joke, just like the Van Merkensteijn family. Those guys don't even come close to the top drivers in their own country. I know money can buy anything, but this makes WRC look like a gentlemen's championship and i'm not willing to drive hundreds of miles to go and watch that.

aykutbilir
21st December 2010, 09:09
The Oliveira guy in a factory run WRC is such a joke, just like the Van Merkensteijn family. Those guys don't even come close to the top drivers in their own country. I know money can buy anything, but this makes WRC look like a gentlemen's championship and i'm not willing to drive hundreds of miles to go and watch that.

As Napoleon Bonaparte said, "Money Money Money"

Viridian Black
21st December 2010, 09:37
As Napoleon Bonaparte said, "Money Money Money"
I think that was Abba.....

NiekJ
21st December 2010, 10:12

Don't know about Oliveira but Merksteijn was able to fight for victory in all the rally's he participated in, in the Netherlands with the Focus. Imo the difference in speed between him and Abbring/Weijs shouldn't be that big. I think his speed is comparable with Eldik.

Rallyper
21st December 2010, 11:03
alleskids would say there's no more a two or three-country battle in the standings, but from next year there will be new nations represented with some drivers with WRC cars. ;)

New nations represented yes... batteling by no means no, NO!

Batteling with R3: s maybe.

WRC is starting to be a joke if not the best drivers compete. Not the richest.

Tomi
21st December 2010, 11:22
WRC is starting to be a joke if not the best drivers compete. Not the richest.

The best are competing, but the guys outside the factory teams could be better drivers.

Mirek
21st December 2010, 12:53
Now it's official. RedBull Škoda Team will start with two cars in SWRC. One for Juho Hänninen and second for Hermann Gassner Jr. Cars will be prepared by Baumschlager Rally & Racing as usual.

Ondra WRC
21st December 2010, 12:55
Juho Hanninen and Hermann Gassner jr. in Red Bull Škoda in S-WRC 2011:
http://translate.google.cz/translate?hl=cs&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ewrc.cz%2Fewrc%2Fshow.php%3Fid% 3D15715%26title%3Djuho-hanninen-v-tymu-red-bull-skoda-v-swrc

morganmilan
21st December 2010, 13:37
Now it's official. RedBull Škoda Team will start with two cars in SWRC. One for Juho Hänninen and second for Hermann Gassner Jr. Cars will be prepared by Baumschlager Rally & Racing as usual.
Graet news Mirek!! I had no idea... :eek: . So, Mikkelsen with Skoda UK, and Loix and Kopecky?

PLuto
21st December 2010, 13:45
Mikkelsen, Loix and Kopecky will continue in IRC...

alleskids
21st December 2010, 15:44

I hardly dare to say that Rene Kuipers will also do 6 WRC in 2011 :) , with Annemieke Hulzebos (the former navigator of Timo van der Marel). They will probarly drive a Ford Fiesta WRCar. Timo has big plans for 2011, with Rene's old navigator Erwin Berkhof. Could be a IRC program.

HaCo
21st December 2010, 15:56

That is awesome news!

morganmilan
21st December 2010, 16:05
Mikkelsen, Loix and Kopecky will continue in IRC...
Thnx PLuto, For a moment I forgot IRC :p :

Salist
21st December 2010, 17:36

Thanks Mirek. It's a realy great news.
I hope they will start in Rally Sweden in February 2011.

MJW
21st December 2010, 17:49
So what happens with Sandell? last two years he drove a Red Bull sponsored Skoda ran by BRR.

Mirek
21st December 2010, 18:07
Thanks Mirek. It's a realy great news.
I hope they will start in Rally Sweden in February 2011.

I'm sorry but Sweden is not part of SWRC. I don't think they will be there. I only know that Prokop will.

So what happens with Sandell? last two years he drove a Red Bull sponsored Skoda ran by BRR.

I don't know what he will do in 2011...

darkstar
21st December 2010, 18:41
you cant imgagine how happy we germans are about this news! a (hopefully) competitive german driver in a competitive car...cant remember when this happened the last time. i hope he can show some potential and learn a lot from hänninen.

now only riedemann´s confirmation for wrc academy is missing, but i hope this will also happen then!

i´m also exited what burkart is going to do next year. even if he wont have any big chances to win something, but he has a nice driving style and is a very kind guy!

tolis
21st December 2010, 18:57
you cant imgagine how happy we germans are about this news! a (hopefully) competitive german driver in a competitive car...cant remember when this happened the last time. i hope he can show some potential and learn a lot from hänninen.

now only riedemann´s confirmation for wrc academy is missing, but i hope this will also happen then!

i´m also exited what burkart is going to do next year. even if he wont have any big chances to win something, but he has a nice driving style and is a very kind guy!
What is Burkart going to do next year?

urabus-denoS2000
21st December 2010, 19:48

Great news !!

Hope Gassner will get some quality results , he proved his big talent and skill on lots of rallies in the Central Europe :)

PLuto
21st December 2010, 20:12
Don't know about Oliveira but Merksteijn was able to fight for victory in all the rally's he participated in, in the Netherlands with the Focus. Imo the difference in speed between him and Abbring/Weijs shouldn't be that big. I think his speed is comparable with Eldik.

Ehm, I havent high meaning about quality of "top" rallysport in Netherlands. It isnt about quality of driver, but about money (and quality of the car).

PLuto
21st December 2010, 20:13
I hardly dare to say that Rene Kuipers will also do 6 WRC in 2011 :) , with Annemieke Hulzebos (the former navigator of Timo van der Marel). They will probarly drive a Ford Fiesta WRCar. Timo has big plans for 2011, with Rene's old navigator Erwin Berkhof. Could be a IRC program.

So for me is much more interesting programme of Timo (and it isnt only comparing IRC/WRC, but about quality of driver).

Rallyper
21st December 2010, 21:14
Great news !!

Hope Gassner will get some quality results , he proved his big talent and skill on lots of rallies in the Central Europe :)

Yeah, for sure Gassner will fight for the title in S2000... :dozey:

Mirek
21st December 2010, 21:48
You're a bit too negative these days. Everything ok with You?

NiekJ
21st December 2010, 23:02
Ehm, I havent high meaning about quality of "top" rallysport in Netherlands. It isnt about quality of driver, but about money (and quality of the car).

Of course it is about the money. What I was trying to say that he isn't that bad ;) .

PLuto
22nd December 2010, 01:00
We will see, but I think he will be fighting for the lowest positions at WRC cars...

Rallyper
22nd December 2010, 08:13
WRC has been like the Offshore 1 series (boatracing) only the richest guys can afford to participate. Sometimes they hire a good trottle man, but else they play only for them selves in boats only affordable for oil sheiks.

Now we see the same happen in WRC and IRC as well.

GigiGalliNo1
23rd December 2010, 01:35
So does that mean no Red bull with Citroen WRC in 2010 or can they represent on different cars in different championships? More money and coverage! Probably because IRC is covered better on EuroSport :) ;)

PLuto
23rd December 2010, 01:50
I think Red Bull will stay with Citroen. They were supporting Sandell this year normally.

Mirek
23rd December 2010, 01:57
And Baumschlager and Gassner also...

Hartusvuori
23rd December 2010, 11:05
Matti Räikkönen, father of Kimi Räikkönen, died suddenly at the age of 56. Father Räikkönen was a keen motorsports man himself, driving mostly Legends car races lately.

Sulland
23rd December 2010, 11:29
Matti Räikkönen, father of Kimi Räikkönen, died suddenly at the age of 56. Father Räikkönen was a keen motorsports man himself, driving mostly Legends car races lately.

My condolences to Kimi and his family !

MrMetro
23rd December 2010, 15:26
Kimi close to Citroen deal: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88758

My condolences to his Kimi and his family

Francis44
23rd December 2010, 15:37
My condolences to Kimmi and his family aswell.

I also hope everything goes well for him next year.

StevieWonder
26th December 2010, 15:52
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/12/26/raeikkoenen-entscheidung-naht/index.html

seems to be sure: Raikkonen for Citroen next year in all 13 events !

only the teamname will be changed, because no junior (Ogier) any more in the team !

MY SUGGESTION: CITROEN SENIOR TEAM with Petter ;-)

MJW
26th December 2010, 16:14
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/12/26/raeikkoenen-entscheidung-naht/index.html

seems to be sure: Raikkonen for Citroen next year in all 13 events !

only the teamname will be changed, because no junior (Ogier) any more in the team !

MY SUGGESTION: CITROEN SENIOR TEAM with Petter ;-)
If Petter gets the funding, and also what about the Van Merksteins? - Van Merkstein junior is due to start his programme at Sweden, so that will mean 4 cars already taken, before PS can confirm. I somehow think that Citroen Nordic will be PS and KR and the Van Merksteins extras. Who knows the money the VM's are paying Citroen could be used to subsidise the other drivers

Rallyper
26th December 2010, 21:50
If Petter gets the funding, and also what about the Van Merksteins? - Van Merkstein junior is due to start his programme at Sweden, so that will mean 4 cars already taken, before PS can confirm. I somehow think that Citroen Nordic will be PS and KR and the Van Merksteins extras. Who knows the money the VM's are paying Citroen could be used to subsidise the other drivers

I guess the number of cars is a secret that only Citroen knows. If Ford can build ten, why not Citroen?

So available cars is no problem for Citroen.

I´m glad to hear Kimi is doing whole season, and for sure Petter will be there as well.

Good news at last!!

PLuto
27th December 2010, 11:06
Ford cannot build ten for Sweden...

Allyc85
27th December 2010, 11:43
Source?

And whens the proper livery for the Ford going to be revealed?

Salist
27th December 2010, 15:22
Not official livery but realy nice...

http://drc.racing.hu/photo/2011/fiestawrc2011.jpg

Juha_Koo
27th December 2010, 15:52
Not official livery but realy nice...

Btw. will Latvala now have the number 3 in his car for the 2011 season?

If so, it's great. I've always feared the #4 in rallying due to it's history...

FabiaFan
27th December 2010, 16:26
I don´t know where to put it, so I write it here: I have a "small problem" with 2011: I believe I "know" all the winners of all major championships by now...

WRC drivers: Loeb
WRC teams: Citroen
SWRC: Hanninen
PWRC: Flodin
IRC: Mikkelsen

A year with "clear favourites"... too many of them... :-(

adr17
27th December 2010, 17:44
no bp on the fiesta s next year castrol edge and abu dhabi and others

there will be ten built by sweden aswell

62motorsport
27th December 2010, 18:44
Ogier to win WRC

pucky54
27th December 2010, 19:34
there will be no BFG on the car as well!!

cali
27th December 2010, 20:54
no bp on the fiesta s next year castrol edge and abu dhabi and others

there will be ten built by sweden aswell

Welcome to the forum, great first posts :)
Keep it up!

alleskids
27th December 2010, 21:10
BP 's name is bit cursed these days :)

Mirek
27th December 2010, 21:30
Castrol is also BP, just another brand. But of course, it looks better on public now.

FabiaFan
27th December 2010, 22:00
Ogier to win WRC
8-o

Brother John
28th December 2010, 06:24
Ogier to win WRC

I don´t think so, maybe we will see him regularly beside the road.
I am almost certain that we will see regularly several new 1600 wrs´s beside the road and i hope without serious impact.
If they have now already almost the same speed as the wrccars 2010 I see the future of WRC black.

alleskids
28th December 2010, 14:43
The program for Frederico Villagra is confirmed. 9 WRC events plus the Argentina championship. Munchi's Ford will again have a Ford (Fiesta) WRC

Rene Kuipers will start the 2011 WRC in a S2000 Fiesta, in Sweden. In the second half of the season, when more Fiesta WRcars are availalbe, he will change to a Fiesta WRC. His 2011 program will be announced later on

adr17
28th December 2010, 15:19
rene kuipers will be the first customer to get a fiesta wrc which will be run be ipatec / buckleys team who are running his s2000 which he recently took delivery of , px10 akp

alleskids
28th December 2010, 15:31
Dennis Kuiper you mean ? Dennis will dirve a WRC Fiesta on 10 rounds, starting from Sweden. Rene Kuipers (the oldfer Kuipers) will start with a S2000 Fietsa in Sweden

adr17
28th December 2010, 16:59
no i mean rene , dennis is doing 10 rounds in a m-sport hired fiesta wrc run by m-sport under ipatec name , rene has brought the s2000 as he wont get his own fiesta wrc till mid year , his fiesta will be the first customer car sold deal already done , all the 10 fiesta wrc in sweden will be m-sport owned and hired to people like munchi s , monster , ostberg , d kuipers , henning etc

Juha_Koo
28th December 2010, 17:54
Gardemeister might drive more IRC rallies than just Monte Carlo, budget looks quite good at the moment.

Rallyper
28th December 2010, 21:04
Gardemeister might drive more IRC rallies than just Monte Carlo, budget looks quite good at the moment.

Nice to hear! :)

HarriK
29th December 2010, 05:52
http://translate.google.fi/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iltalehti.fi%2Fralli%2F20101228 12927706_ri.shtml

tolis
29th December 2010, 10:52
The program for Frederico Villagra is confirmed. 9 WRC events plus the Argentina championship. Munchi's Ford will again have a Ford (Fiesta) WRC

Rene Kuipers will start the 2011 WRC in a S2000 Fiesta, in Sweden. In the second half of the season, when more Fiesta WRcars are availalbe, he will change to a Fiesta WRC. His 2011 program will be announced later on
Do you know the 9 WRC rallies in which Villagra will start? Thanks for the news, alleskids :)
EDIT:So his WRC program is Mexico, Portugal, Sardinia, Argentina, Greece, Finland, Germany, France and Catalonia

morganmilan
29th December 2010, 12:39
[quote="alleskids"]The program for Frederico Villagra is confirmed. 9 WRC events plus the Argentina championship. Munchi's Ford will again have a Ford (Fiesta) WRC

I´ve read that Villagra´s Fiesta will be a "superproduction" one :confused: . Is that right?. Will it be a 1.6T or a "proper" WRC? I thought Wilson wasn´t interested in 1.6T from WRC version development up to now. I believe only Mini BMW is going to run 1.6T SP version (Oliveira for instance...), at least on first months of the year. But, if I´m wrong, all the other privateer teams with Fiestas or DS3s are going to run WRC ones or 1.6T SP ones? :confused:

Gard
29th December 2010, 13:31

I´ve read that Villagra´s Fiesta will be a "superproduction" one :confused: . Is that right?. Will it be a 1.6T or a "proper" WRC? I thought Wilson wasn´t interested in 1.6T from WRC version development up to now. I believe only Mini BMW is going to run 1.6T SP version (Oliveira for instance...), at least on first months of the year. But, if I´m wrong, all the other privateer teams with Fiestas or DS3s are going to run WRC ones or 1.6T SP ones? :confused:

what's the difference between 1.6T SP and WRC? Bodywork?

Mirek
29th December 2010, 13:39
According to recently released regulations it's front bumper, rear wing, engine fly wheel, brake discs and calipers.

alleskids
29th December 2010, 14:14
The only SP so far is the Mini Countryman S, available for Rally Portugal. Yet no other downgraded WRCar or upgraded S2000 is in the market. Skoda is working on a Fabia 1.6t SP. Does Ford even have plans for a Fiets SP? Citroen only concentrates on the WRCar.

alleskids
29th December 2010, 14:18
Hans Weijs Jr is planning an assault on the 2011 PWRC with a Citroen DS3 R3T, from Yves Matton's MyRacing.

morganmilan
29th December 2010, 14:41
According to recently released regulations it's front bumper, rear wing, engine fly wheel, brake discs and calipers.
So, differences between them aren´t so huge, I guess. Is it to be expected a great pace and power difference between these classes? It looks like 1.6T SP cars are at a very higher level related to s2000 and R4 cars. An unfair battle between all theses sort of cars at same class then? Maybe it had been more logical separate classes to compete...(I´m thinking on ERC for instance, now that 1.6T SP cars are allowed)

Mirek
29th December 2010, 14:56
Does Ford even have plans for a Fiets SP?

For sure yes. M-Sport must run it's business and WRC cars are only for WRC championship. There is bigger market outside.

So, differences between them aren´t so huge, I guess. Is it to be expected a great pace and power difference between these classes? It looks like 1.6T SP cars are at a very higher level related to s2000 and R4 cars. An unfair battle between all theses sort of cars at same class then? Maybe it had been more logical separate classes to compete...(I´m thinking on ERC for instance, now that 1.6T SP cars are allowed)

They are separated in 2011 regulations. S2000 1.6T is class 1, S2000 N/A and R4 are class 2. And yes, if they won't change regulations again, S2000 1.6T will be very close to WRC in performance and faster than S2000 N/A.

alleskids
29th December 2010, 15:18
So it should be relatively easier for Ford, Citroen and Mini to build a WRCar and downgrade it to SP, then for Peugeot and Skoda to upgrade their S2000 car?

Bobcat
29th December 2010, 19:32
The only SP so far is the Mini Countryman S, available for Rally Portugal. Yet no other downgraded WRCar or upgraded S2000 is in the market. Skoda is working on a Fabia 1.6t SP. Does Ford even have plans for a Fiets SP? Citroen only concentrates on the WRCar.

For sure yes. M-Sport must run it's business and WRC cars are only for WRC championship. There is bigger market outside.
No. Ford's chief has said he hasn't plans to sell an SP (any cars with 1.6 turbo).

OldF
29th December 2010, 22:37
That’s also what I read in Gpweek some times ago. A S2000 2000cc NA is cheaper than a S2000 1.6T (SP). But if the SP version is allowed next year and the Mini SP starts to dominate, maybe he change his mind.

For those manufacturers who have a WRC it would be a quite easy task to make and homologate a SP version.

Sulland
29th December 2010, 22:50
That’s also what I read in Gpweek some times ago. A S2000 2000cc NA is cheaper than a S2000 1.6T (SP). But if the SP version is allowed next year and the Mini SP starts to dominate, maybe he change his mind.

For those manufacturers who have a WRC it would be a quite easy task to make and homologate a SP version.

And it is in the SP version the volume and the money will be I presume. This is of course depend on national ASN regs, if they allow WRC in their championships.

Mirek
30th December 2010, 12:16
No. Ford's chief has said he hasn't plans to sell an SP (any cars with 1.6 turbo).

Of course they will, they are not that stupid. I have never said they would do that right from the start. It's only a matter of time.

AP-Racing
30th December 2010, 12:28
Yuri Protasov started in PWRC on Top Run's Lancer X

RS
30th December 2010, 14:05
What exactly is the point in the Superproduction cars then if they will be very nearly as expensive and quick as a WRCar?

PLuto
30th December 2010, 14:44
I dont think they will be on same speed as WRC cars. I am sure that FIA "slow down" S2000 cars for regional championship (with comparing to WRC).

alleskids
30th December 2010, 15:10
I never knew that Petter Solberg had tested a F1 car (Ferrari in 2009). Petter is more and more looking for a circuitcar, WTCC has his interest. Petter could be lost for WRC :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krSco6Kk0Do

HaCo
30th December 2010, 18:29
Is WTCC that much cheaper than WRC or IRC? It will be very hard for him in such a specialist championship.

Would like to know what seasonbudget you need for different championships of FIA, would be interesting to compare.

alleskids
30th December 2010, 19:30
Petter's PR machine is doing a fantastic job, each winter again, to keep his name in the publicity. WTCC is in the same situation as WRC, with new regulation and so making the new cars hard to get, keeping the price high. Petter would better seek a drive in IRC, it would also keep his joy in rallying higher then in the political game of WRC

Bobcat
30th December 2010, 19:38
Of course they will, they are not that stupid. I have never said they would do that right from the start. It's only a matter of time.
Why are Citroen people so damn stupid? The intention to sell manufacturer's fresh know-how in the new WRC cars, it is a very stupid thing to do!

"Sell on Sunday, win on Monday".., it does not work!

Allyc85
30th December 2010, 19:58
I so hope Petter dosnt fall into that joke of a championship that is the WTCC, he deserves so much better than that :(

dimviii
30th December 2010, 20:33
Why are Citroen people so damn stupid? The intention to sell manufacturer's fresh know-how in the new WRC cars, it is a very stupid thing to do!

:dozey:

MJW
30th December 2010, 20:41
I so hope Petter dosnt fall into that joke of a championship that is the WTCC, he deserves so much better than that :(
What option? IRC is clearly not a 'top class' (second to WRC) if he can not manage to raise the money needed for a top car in WRC why not take a paid drive? WTCC - I also hear Oreca LeMans being mentioned.

Mirek
30th December 2010, 20:44

Please, next time read properly before replying. It saves time both to You and me. Thank You

N.O.T
30th December 2010, 21:17

please stick to posting bad photoshops of fiesta liveries....

MJW
30th December 2010, 21:21
This speculation should stop within one week (4th January 2011 deadline for registrations for WRC) or two weeks on Jan 11th. when entries close for Rally Sweden

Francis44
30th December 2010, 21:49
I respect Petter Solberg, both for his driving and his attitude, however I do not think it's fair all the anger being put on Citroen shoulders.
Im sure if they could support a car for Solberg they would do so, but those projects still require a huge amount of money and I fear Citroen Racing wouldn't be able to ask Citroen management for more money to run a driver in this sport you know, Citroen is no money machine like Ferrari.

HaCo
30th December 2010, 21:55
What option? IRC is clearly not a 'top class' (second to WRC) if he can not manage to raise the money needed for a top car in WRC why not take a paid drive? WTCC - I also hear Oreca LeMans being mentioned.

I don't get it. Aren't there enough racedrivers available to pay? Why would Petter be a good option on a racetrack?

alleskids
30th December 2010, 22:14

Maybe if Monster would finally see what a perfect man Petter is for Monster Ford Racing. If they have the budet for a second driver in 2011, as is reported many times, Petter wuld be a 10x beter choise then Kimi. Results wise and teaching Ken the right moves wise. Also publicity wise he would score almost as good as Kimi, expecially when he does his Mister Holywood tricks. He fist perfect in the Monster Energy Show Team

OldF
30th December 2010, 22:19
And it is in the SP version the volume and the money will be I presume. This is of course depend on national ASN regs, if they allow WRC in their championships.

That’s a duel issue. I wouldn’t say that the volume will increase but the earned money per unit will increase. If the price of a SP is over 100.000 € more compared to a S2000 NA, I don’t think the sold volume would increase. I don’t know anything about marketing but that much I’ve learned by listening to marketing people is - what is the right price for a product, i.e. at what price can a product be sold to optimise the profit.

In this case (SP vs. S2000 NA) the “price vs. volume” isn’t so obvious, because there’s also the performance issue involved.

Tomi
30th December 2010, 22:20
If they have the budet for a second driver in 2011, as is reported many times, Petter wuld be a 10x beter choise then Kimi. [/B]

Dont you think they would choose Atkinson if they have money, the guy who can bring the cash needed gets the seat there.
By who is it reported that they have the money for a second driver?

OldF
30th December 2010, 22:37
What exactly is the point in the Superproduction cars then if they will be very nearly as expensive and quick as a WRCar?

The basic idea was that a driver could attend both regional and a WRC event with the same car with minor changes. As it seems by now the restrictor size for both SP and WRC will be the same but I’m quite sure that when we see the first homologation (Mini), the size of the restrictor is smaller for a SP.

MJW
30th December 2010, 22:41
I respect Petter Solberg, both for his driving and his attitude, however I do not think it's fair all the anger being put on Citroen shoulders.
Im sure if they could support a car for Solberg they would do so, but those projects still require a huge amount of money and I fear Citroen Racing wouldn't be able to ask Citroen management for more money to run a driver in this sport you know, Citroen is no money machine like Ferrari.
Olivier Quensel has said Citroen board only funded two works cars, all other cars, Kimi's Van Merkstein, and Petter's are available if the drivers can provide or source the funds required to run these. If you remember Sordo also had the option to provide the funding...he couldn't and in all probability will be announced at Prodrive Mini after 1st Jan 2011.

alleskids
31st December 2010, 09:12
Dont you think they would choose Atkinson if they have money, the guy who can bring the cash needed gets the seat there.
By who is it reported that they have the money for a second driver?

There were report all year that in 2011 the team wants to expand. Ken Block was trying to get Kimi Raikkonen in a second Monster Ford, so there has to be some budget, because Kimi seems to not want to spend his own money on rally. Atkinson has no (real) cash for a couple of years now?!

Rallyper
31st December 2010, 10:03
There are too few teams in WRC today. Ten years ago there were a lot more and they had three car teams, wich I´m sure payed drivers.

Remember we had many drivers earning 2-5 million Euros a year for driving WRC.

Now almost everyone have to pay. It´s a shame!

Why that is? regulations and rules are not friendly for the sport. FIA doesn´t act as they should.

I am evil Homer
31st December 2010, 10:49
Economic reality I'm afraid...years of bad promotion has left WRC as the FiA's poorest series (WTCC doesn't count!). So it has poor TV coverage and a small global audience for such a big series. As a result sponsors are harder to come by to allow manufacturers to run bigger teams. Doubly so right now in the worst recession since the 1930s.

If it weren't for pay drivers the likes of MSport wouldn't even exist beyond maybe two cars.

Hartusvuori
31st December 2010, 16:18
As it have been hinted in here, FCACA team than ran Jari Ketomaa's Fiesta S2000 for 2010 season has ended its action at WRC level at least. This means that Ketomaa was left without a ride for 2011 season. In a recent interview for Finnish yellow newspaper Ilta-Sanomat Ketomaa said that the team was already negoatiating a package of 6-7 rallies in the new Mini WRC, but suddenly money problems (surprise!) put an end to this all.

However Ketomaa is now trying to gather a budget to race in World Rally Championship. It is sure that he will miss Sweden and Mexico, but beyond that - who knows. The article doesn't say is he trying to get a budget for a WRC car or S2000. He just might compete in China championship as well, as he did in season 2009.

Here's a source link (Finnish): http://www.iltasanomat.fi/ralli/Suomalaiskuskilta%20l%C3%A4hti%20talli%20alta/art-1288359636559.html

AndyRAC
31st December 2010, 16:52
Economic reality I'm afraid...years of bad promotion has left WRC as the FiA's poorest series (WTCC doesn't count!). So it has poor TV coverage and a small global audience for such a big series. As a result sponsors are harder to come by to allow manufacturers to run bigger teams. Doubly so right now in the worst recession since the 1930s.

If it weren't for pay drivers the likes of MSport wouldn't even exist beyond maybe two cars.

Good post!! Sadly, you're quite correct.
The sport still isn't as attractive as it should be.

Motorsportfun
31st December 2010, 18:15
^^

Agree, it's a difficult situation. But I think it could be a solution.

Quesnel told us (Rally Emotion) they need absolutely the official WRC WEB-TV. It costs about 8 millions €, so WRC can reach much more fans all over the world with the new WRC Power Stages broadcasted live! (look at GT1 World champ, they revamped all and it's much more followed since this year!).

Think a 15-16 km stage broadcasted live, maybe just before an F1 race! WRC + F1 would be interesting...

Here in Italy has been tested this for the italian rally championship. It worked extremely well! The channel Rai Sport 1 (which is not free-to-air, but free only on digital terrestrial), has attracted more than 500k people at EVERY live stage! And the stage was just 1-2 km!

Look at what Ken Block does with the internet: he's a nub driving the Focus, but he's got lots of fans, maybe more than Hirvonen+Latvala!

The internet is necessary, the 8 million-wrc webtv is absolutely a priority for the series!

I think that they can gain also much money from it... ;)

cali
31st December 2010, 18:30
^^

Quesnel told us (Rally Emotion) they need absolutely the official WRC WEB-TV. It costs about 8 millions €, so WRC can reach much more fans all over the world with the new WRC Power Stages broadcasted live! (look at GT1 World champ, they revamped all and it's much more followed since this year!).

Think a 15-16 km stage broadcasted live, maybe just before an F1 race! WRC + F1 would be interesting...

Here in Italy has been tested this for the italian rally championship. It worked extremely well! The channel Rai Sport 1 (which is not free-to-air, but free only on digital terrestrial), has attracted more than 500k people at EVERY live stage! And the stage was just 1-2 km!

Look at what Ken Block does with the internet: he's a nub driving the Focus, but he's got lots of fans, maybe more than Hirvonen+Latvala!

The internet is necessary, the 8 million-wrc webtv is absolutely a priority for the series!

Good post, I think this could be very good idea

MJW
1st January 2011, 17:51
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php%3Fartid%3D10028508&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnorsk%2Brally%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgDG-N80qtcS_Pi0mifvN5BKBUoWQ
understandable, but sad news if true. I liked Kimi.

vkangas
1st January 2011, 19:55
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=no&u=http://www.vg.no/sport/motor/artikkel.php%3Fartid%3D10028508&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnorsk%2Brally%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhgDG-N80qtcS_Pi0mifvN5BKBUoWQ
understandable, but sad news if true. I liked Kimi.

Mostly Finnish Yellow press speculation. Only fact that has been told is that current negotations are on hold because of what happened. That does not mean anything yet.

N.O.T
1st January 2011, 20:23
Journalists are the worst kind of vultures.....

PLuto
1st January 2011, 22:03
^^

I will show you better example - look at live coverage from some IRC events... That is the thing which was missing at WRC and people from ISC/NOS were many years talking, that it isnt possible. But few years ago Eurosport showed to everybody, that it is possible. And now, NOS is finally "inventing" live broadcast...

rallyfiend
1st January 2011, 22:24
I will show you better example - look at live coverage from some IRC events... That is the thing which was missing at WRC and people from ISC/NOS were many years talking, that it isnt possible. But few years ago Eurosport showed to everybody, that it is possible. And now, NOS is finally "inventing" live broadcast...

I would argue though that the current level of IRC live coverage (whilst thorough and suitable for the existing rally fan base) is suitable only for Eurosport's own channels. I doubt that the large number of international broadcasters that the WRC has to please would accept this level of coverage. They are not 'complete' programmes with start, finish and end.

Motorsportfun
1st January 2011, 22:29

^^

You could agree that major sponsors wants a LIVE exposure in ALL the rallies, not in just 5 rounds. That's the point, no doubts about it. IRC isn't able yet to broadcast LIVE all the rallies...

Eurosport has just his tv shedule to arrange, but NOS needs to create a valid product which could be integrated to lots of televisions. Example: Al Jazeera has 2 hours of time, BBC 1 hour, another one 2 hours, etc...

A unique stage (not of 1 or 2 kms, but like probably will be Rally d'Italia one in RG2 with 13-15 km), maybe anticipated by highlights of the weekend, could be a good example to pack all the action for the new public which even don't know what a rally is. So the 3-days highlights and the latest stage broadcasted LIVE it could be a good give-and-take.

adr17
2nd January 2011, 00:12
Maybe if Monster would finally see what a perfect man Petter is for Monster Ford Racing. If they have the budet for a second driver in 2011, as is reported many times, Petter wuld be a 10x beter choise then Kimi. Results wise and teaching Ken the right moves wise. Also publicity wise he would score almost as good as Kimi, expecially when he does his Mister Holywood tricks. He fist perfect in the Monster Energy Show Team

i think we will find out that the second monster seat will go to wilson jr , it would have been nice to see a new face but cant see it happening :(

2nd January 2011, 01:07
No news about Atkinson in that monster seat is bad. Petter to touring cars? Seems like speculation, or atleast I hope so!

Barreis
2nd January 2011, 01:32
+1

PLuto
2nd January 2011, 12:23
I would argue though that the current level of IRC live coverage (whilst thorough and suitable for the existing rally fan base) is suitable only for Eurosport's own channels. I doubt that the large number of international broadcasters that the WRC has to please would accept this level of coverage. They are not 'complete' programmes with start, finish and end.

I am afraid that nobody from other international broadcasters will go into it. Because live coverage from the stages is really very expensive and the "result" (people which will watch it on TV) isnt good comparing to this expenses.

PLuto
2nd January 2011, 12:31
^^

You could agree that major sponsors wants a LIVE exposure in ALL the rallies, not in just 5 rounds. That's the point, no doubts about it. IRC isn't able yet to broadcast LIVE all the rallies...

Eurosport has just his tv shedule to arrange, but NOS needs to create a valid product which could be integrated to lots of televisions. Example: Al Jazeera has 2 hours of time, BBC 1 hour, another one 2 hours, etc...

A unique stage (not of 1 or 2 kms, but like probably will be Rally d'Italia one in RG2 with 13-15 km), maybe anticipated by highlights of the weekend, could be a good example to pack all the action for the new public which even don't know what a rally is. So the 3-days highlights and the latest stage broadcasted LIVE it could be a good give-and-take.

As I wrote in previous message, I dont believe that so many international televisions will be interested in this project. Only one chance is that NOS will give them the rights for very low price...

One unique stage on TV is nice for rally fans, but I am afraid it isnt enough for other people and needed numbers of visitors. On circuit races you will sit 1-2 hours at TV, you still see the race, you know who is leader, you see crashes and at the end you know who is winner. On rally in one stage you see some cars going through stage, you are watching it about one hour and at the end you know that one of the driver (it will be Loeb :s mokin: ) is fastest and actually leading. Or if the stage will be last stage of the rally, before it results will be done and you will only watch the cars going through (and if superally will be canceled, you will be happy if you will see at least ten interesting cars).

I am too sceptic to properly working live coverage from rallies. It should work from Monte (famous name of event, good time in January when lot of people is at home and not so many other sports on TV), but I dont believe so much in other months...

RICARDO75
2nd January 2011, 14:40
I am afraid that nobody from other international broadcasters will go into it. Because live coverage from the stages is really very expensive and the "result" (people which will watch it on TV) isnt good comparing to this expenses.

In fact, it is very expensive. If I remember correctly, to broadcast four hours of live stages (two special stages repeated) on the Sata Azores Rally, would cost around 500,000€

SubaruNorway
2nd January 2011, 15:20
How hard can it be when we have cross country skiing live for 10 hours each weekend the whole ****ing winter! It's basicly the same thing filming it...

vkangas
2nd January 2011, 15:27
How hard can it be when we have cross country skiing live for 10 hours each weekend the whole ****ing winter! It's basicly the same thing filming it...
Same thing here in Finland.

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 15:29
I think 1 possibility would be to show the same stage 2 times each day, if it would be a 2 min stage (no superspecial) and the drivers would start in 2 min intervals, they could easily do the full coverage, if showing 30 first drivers they would already have 2 hours of stuff to show every day.

Gard
2nd January 2011, 16:04
They manged to send the norwegian rally championship live in the 70's. It's only about money and politics. Same reason Petter can't get a decent car. Even Sordo was left in the cold, despite beeing from a big car market. Citroen want a french winner. Nobody else has a chance.

rallyfiend
2nd January 2011, 16:21

Cross country skiers don't carry on-board cameras and the necessary links! The helicopters and planes for the links aren't free. Also, for winter events you would need a secondary system to get the signal from the cars in case the weather is too bad for the planes / helicopters to fly!

vkangas
2nd January 2011, 17:02
Citroen want a french winner. Nobody else has a chance.
I don't agree fully as Ogier was clearly the best driver available for long term.

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 17:20
I don't agree fully as Ogier was clearly the best driver available for long term.

Agree best guy for long and short term aswell, but they should have kept Sordo, or maybe Sordo knew he would not become a first driver at Citroen, so he took his money to prodrive instead where he has the best chanses.

Gard
2nd January 2011, 19:00
So, you really think that Sordo's loss of pace, has nothing todo with Citroen. I agree that Ogier is a better long term option. Especially since he is french

AndyRAC
2nd January 2011, 19:26
So we have a team with 2 Finns, and another team with 2 Frenchmen........

....in a World Championship....

and we wonder why the sport struggles.

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 19:31

Yep you are right, but dont worry every 20 years or so 1 reasonable Brittish driver pop up, so it's just for you to be patient.

Franky
2nd January 2011, 19:40

There's the Finnish national team and the French national team. Why there are only two, well that's more of question to the other nations who aren't there.

SubaruNorway
2nd January 2011, 19:56
Cross country skiers don't carry on-board cameras and the necessary links! The helicopters and planes for the links aren't free. Also, for winter events you would need a secondary system to get the signal from the cars in case the weather is too bad for the planes / helicopters to fly!

But they do carry heart beat monitors connected to the TV screen ;)

FabiaFan
2nd January 2011, 20:03
...every 20 years or so 1 reasonable Brittish driver pop up......while there were at any time 2, 3 or 4 "reasonable" Finnish drivers able to compete for the wins in single rounds or even the whole championship... :-( Yes, you're definitely right, but just at this moment those Finns are as week (i.e. uncapable of fighting for the title) as never... :-(((

cali
2nd January 2011, 20:13
...while there were at any time 2, 3 or 4 "reasonable" Finnish drivers able to compete for the wins in single rounds or even the whole championship... :-( Yes, you're definitely right, but just at this moment those Finns are as week (i.e. uncapable of fighting for the title) as never... :-(((
Let's wait until the next season starts, but otherwise I feel the same. French car with french drivers should be dominant again and it's not only because of the "superior" car ;)
My hopes are still on Petter - he could spice up this championship

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 20:15
...while there were at any time 2, 3 or 4 "reasonable" Finnish drivers able to compete for the wins in single rounds or even the whole championship... :-( Yes, you're definitely right, but just at this moment those Finns are as week (i.e. uncapable of fighting for the title) as never... :-(((

Thats how sport is, sometime you win sometime loose, sometimes things changes rapidly too, better wait and see.

AndyRAC
2nd January 2011, 20:38
Yep you are right, but dont worry every 20 years or so 1 reasonable Brittish driver pop up, so it's just for you to be patient.

I'm not bothered about a British driver, though it would be nice - we need more countries represented in the WRC, if it is to grow. Having only 2 nations is not the sign of a strong and healthy series.

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 20:56
I'm not bothered about a British driver, though it would be nice - we need more countries represented in the WRC, if it is to grow. Having only 2 nations is not the sign of a strong and healthy series.

training and more training should do the job and driving in competitive series.

Roy
2nd January 2011, 20:57

Don't forgot the Dutch drivers in the B teams ;)

Josti
2nd January 2011, 22:21

How about Mini with Meeke and most likely Sordo. They'll be in soon.

I don't care if their are only 2 nationalities represented at the moment. At this point I'm more interested in potential manufacturers to join the series.

Sulland
2nd January 2011, 23:04

Best point in a very long time, if they were the best 4 and made almost the same as the 4 best F1 drivers, there would some justice in the world.

But that would probably be as likely as world piece !

Tomi
2nd January 2011, 23:15
Dont worry guys, soon skoda will join the game, then you might get a bit more variety.

morganmilan
2nd January 2011, 23:37
Dont worry guys, soon skoda will join the game, then you might get a bit more variety.
Rumour? News? Is it your opinion or do you have any source?

Tomi
3rd January 2011, 00:24

only opinion

PLuto
3rd January 2011, 02:33
They will join...

HaCo
3rd January 2011, 08:08
They will join...

...or VW, which I would prefer!

GINE
3rd January 2011, 08:09
2012 with hanninen-mikelsen I guess....

3rd January 2011, 08:39
& Solberg ;)

MJW
3rd January 2011, 09:59
I guess we can hope for an announcement after VW finish the Dakar. IF Skoda or VW join I guess that's it then as I can see any Japanese manufacturer coming in. A championship with Citroen, Ford, Mini & Skoda or VW would be good, and a strong support championship in SWRC and WRC academy would be good.

EavesFan09
3rd January 2011, 11:13
Any new yet on Matthew Wilson and Hennig Solberg?

MJW
3rd January 2011, 12:03
Any new yet on Matthew Wilson and Hennig Solberg?

No news, but I suspect that Mathew will be Monster driver, and Henning pairs up with Adapta, rumours that Stobart are scaling down.

Tomi
3rd January 2011, 12:45

My guess is Hänninen and a Checz guy.

EavesFan09
3rd January 2011, 13:19
No news, but I suspect that Mathew will be Monster driver, and Henning pairs up with Adapta, rumours that Stobart are scaling down.

And Khalid Al-Qassimi? Theirs a place at MINI as partner to Kris Meeke if he decides to continue with the WRC. Of course that is IF he decides. Who is to say he will not be in the WRC this year? But he finished 12th last year with 12pts which equals his 2009 position but got 6pts more than 2009. And I hope with that in mind he will give 2011 a go.

Hartusvuori
3rd January 2011, 13:23
And Khalid Al-Qassimi? Theirs a place at MINI as partner to Kris Meeke if he decides to continue with the WRC. Of course that is IF he decides. Who is to say he will not be in the WRC this year? But he finished 12th last year with 12pts which equals his 2009 position but got 6pts more than 2009. And I hope with that in mind he will give 2011 a go.

If Khalid drives a selected program in 2011, like he most propably will I think, it'll be absolutely with Ford, see he brings the Abu Dhabi money. Comparing points between 2009 and 2010 is useless, because the points system changed, though Khalid is kind of driver that picks up the left-over points anyway.

alleskids
3rd January 2011, 14:16
Mathew Wilson taking the second Monster Ford is a waste of budget. If Block or the board of Monster energy have any sence they would hire a better pofile driver who also gets better results. For example a guy named Petter.

Roy
3rd January 2011, 14:19

No BP on Ford car, but Catrol Edge is told here are ready. So maybe more money needs for Ford 'A' Team? Maybe Stobart on Ford car?

Or will Stobart support a better Britsh Driver? Will they support Meeke on Mini?

alleskids
3rd January 2011, 14:26
No BP on Ford car, but Catrol Edge is told here are ready. So maybe more money needs for Ford 'A' Team? Maybe Stobart on Ford car?

Or will Stobart support a better Britsh Driver? Will they support Meeke on Mini?

BP and Castrol are from the same company, their budget comes from the same bookkeeper. Castrol wil gets more space on the car.

Roy
3rd January 2011, 15:13
BP and Castrol are from the same company, their budget comes from the same bookkeeper. Castrol wil gets more space on the car.

I know. You don't tell me some news ;)

Mirek
3rd January 2011, 18:17

They don't test WRC car just for fun ;)

G249XDP
3rd January 2011, 18:20

Stobart would back a Ford only because of the friendship of Malcolm Wilson and the Stobart brothers.

vkangas
3rd January 2011, 19:51
They don't test WRC car just for fun ;)

Yep. Also Hänninen's program is quite interesting as he has full factory contract including extensive testing with Skoda Motorsport and he is driving in sWRC with BRR. Logical way in my opinion for Skoda to gather data and prepare for the future in WRC.

wwbroe
4th January 2011, 11:01
Seems to be official now, Sordo has signed contract with Mini (Prodrive). :)

Source: http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2011/01/04/sordo-unterschreibt-bei-mini/index.html

A.F.F.
4th January 2011, 11:05
Logical way in my opinion for Skoda to gather data and prepare for the future in WRC.

I soooooo wish you are right about this :)

Hartusvuori
4th January 2011, 12:41
Oliveira signs for new MINI powered Brazilian WRC team

http://www.wrc.com/news/oliveira-signs-for-new-mini-powered-brazilian-wrc-team/?fid=14013

The Brazil World Rally Team, which will be run by British specialist engineering and preparation firm Prodrive, will be represented by 25-year-old Brazilian Daniel Oliveira who is planning to tackle 10 rounds of the series in 2011.

He will begin his campaign in a Super 2000-specification MINI Countryman on Vodafone Rally de Portugal in late March before switching to the World Rally Car version later in the season.

GigiGalliNo1
4th January 2011, 15:04
Yep. Also Hänninen's program is quite interesting as he has full factory contract including extensive testing with Skoda Motorsport and he is driving in sWRC with BRR. Logical way in my opinion for Skoda to gather data and prepare for the future in WRC.

I think it's a good idea but Skoda came into the WRC and left, entered the iRC and very well have been succeeding! I don't think anyone ie manufacture would leave a class they are doing well in by winning and at the top of their game to go back to something where they will be the little kids and underdogs again!!

GigiGalliNo1
4th January 2011, 15:08
Sad news for Kimi

http://t.co/NRaQXkh

RS
4th January 2011, 15:32
I think it's a good idea but Skoda came into the WRC and left, entered the iRC and very well have been succeeding! I don't think anyone ie manufacture would leave a class they are doing well in by winning and at the top of their game to go back to something where they will be the little kids and underdogs again!!

Skoda are not allowed a works team in IRC anymore according to the rulemaker Mr Quesnel but they can still continue to sell customer S2000 or SuperProduction cars for IRC or sWRC whilst running a WRC programme too, although maybe they will need to get a bigger base.

They have done well in IRC not because it is a "smaller" series but because this time the team management, car and drivers are really good.

Mirek
4th January 2011, 17:26

Those are two different stories with different leadership, drivers and cars.

urabus-denoS2000
4th January 2011, 17:34

The fact that their car is so much better than PSA - Quesnel 207 is quite contrary to your logic , please think logically ;)

GigiGalliNo1
5th January 2011, 03:24
Sorry?

Skoda come into the WRC - build up some nice machines. Aren't successful in the years they competed.

Skoda leave the WRC

Skoda enter IRC with new car

Skoda does well in IRC

Why should Skoda leave IRC after success in the IRC for WRC where they would go back to how they use to be originally and not able to really challenge the top guns and their cars?!

Does that make sense?

tmx
5th January 2011, 06:12
Skoda could do well returning to WRC if FIA stuck with naturally aspirated S2000.

Citroen and Ford sees that as a threat to their dominances, influences the FIA to make do with 1.6litre turbo. While more suitable to their development also rose the cost.

Skoda has second thought and realize maybe they should just stick with IRC and S-WRC.

Hartusvuori
5th January 2011, 08:20
Rally Finland and Lahti Historic ERC will be at least partly joint event this season. It have a FIA approval now.

Rally Guide 1 for Rally Finland will be released February 25th.

Google translate. (http://translate.google.fi/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mtv3.fi%2Furheilu%2Fralli%2Fuut iset.shtml%2Farkistot%2Fralli%2F2011%2F01%2F125125 7)

Livewireshock
5th January 2011, 12:05
Skoda is all part of the Volkswagen group as most of us know. Maybe it is their intention to be a form of test mule for a proper VW entry in the future based on the same platform. It would make sense, economically. An evolution of an proven winner rather than start the VW campaign from scratch. But VW will compete in the WRC mostly and Skoda will continue in the IRC.

Keep this in mind considering that the SAAB WRC rumours revolve around a car based on the BMW Mini Cooper platform. So SAAB/Spyker are not looking at re-inventing the wheel concerning development costs if they can help it. Prodrive will license their part of the bargain and make money from the deal.

Also look at the Rallye-Raid Mini, basically a Mini body on a BMW X3 raid car.

GigiGalliNo1
5th January 2011, 12:14
Also look at the Rallye-Raid Mini, basically a Mini body on a BMW X3 raid car.

Yeh i'm not excited about it anymore after hearing that....

Go VW! :D

Josti
5th January 2011, 14:47
Sorry?

Skoda come into the WRC - build up some nice machines. Aren't successful in the years they competed.

Skoda leave the WRC

Skoda enter IRC with new car

Skoda does well in IRC

Why should Skoda leave IRC after success in the IRC for WRC where they would go back to how they use to be originally and not able to really challenge the top guns and their cars?!

Does that make sense?

Why would you deny a potentially good manufacturer for WRC? Skoda's WRC effort between 99-05 is hardly a basis to compare their current state. Many things have changed since then.

With their earlier experience in WRC and their current success in IRC, they have every right to look up again. Because regardless of it's current state, WRC is still the sports pinaccle. And I also feel that IRC (just like the former ERC) should be more about privateer teams. WRC actually needs more manufacturers to survive!

And let me remind you that the Fabia S2000 regularly beats Fiesta's (M-Sport) and 207's (PSA) in not only IRC but also WRC. You can't deny it's potential.

But in the end it's all up to VW. At least they could count on Skoda's solid basis, should they enter on their own.

FabiaFan
5th January 2011, 15:25
Fabia S2000 regularly beats Fiesta's (M-Sport) and 207's (PSA) in not only IRC but also WRC. You can't deny it's potential.

Even as a Fabia-fan I must admit that there are unfortunately not many entries (and therefore almost no noticable results) of Peugeots with top SWRC drivers (and definitely not by PSA!) in the WRC rounds :-/ And with Fiesta, I would say, they are even (comparable drivers, similar number of cathegory wins). And on the other side there are no good regular competitors with Fiestas in IRC...again a pity... But good for Skoda, because they would not outpace the Fiestas as clearly as they do with Peugeots...

Josti
5th January 2011, 15:32
Even as a Fabia-fan I must admit that there are unfortunately not many entries (and therefore almost no noticable results) of Peugeots with top SWRC drivers (and definitely not by PSA!) in the WRC rounds :-/ And with Fiesta, I would say, they are even (comparable drivers, similar number of cathegory wins). And on the other side there are no good regular competitors with Fiestas in IRC...again a pity... But good for Skoda, because they would not outpace the Fiestas as clearly as they do with Peugeots...

The point is, they are competitive.

FabiaFan
5th January 2011, 16:10
The point is, they are competitive. Yes. of course, you woldn't expect from me i'd say the opposite, would you? But I wouldn't dare to say, they are a little bit better, or a little bit worse, or just even with Fiesta S2000... Because there is not a proper comparison.

GINE
5th January 2011, 16:19
Yes. of course, you woldn't expect from me i'd say the opposite, would you? But I wouldn't dare to say, they are a little bit better, or a little bit worse, or just even with Fiesta S2000... Because there is not a proper comparison.

We will see in Monte where the regural Skoda drivers will have P. Solberg and H. Solberg with a factory 207 and a factory Fiesta

FabiaFan
5th January 2011, 16:27
We will see in Monte where the regural Skoda drivers will have P. Solberg and H. Solberg with a factory 207 and a factory Fiesta
Yes, I'm looking forward to this... my bet is it will be only between J.Hanninen and H.Solberg, maybe also Mikkelsen...anyway only Fiesta and Fabias...

GINE
5th January 2011, 16:38
Yes, I'm looking forward to this... my bet is it will be only between J.Hanninen and H.Solberg, maybe also Mikkelsen...anyway only Fiesta and Fabias...
Depends also on the weather and road condition

Mirek
5th January 2011, 17:33

Peugeot is very competitive in Monte Carlo.

dimviii
5th January 2011, 22:37
Depends also on the weather and road condition
opinion from somebody who won in his first rally with a fabia in wrc rally Sandell and Al-Attiyah counts.So your guess for Monte Lambros? :D

my guess is that Henning is not going to be near top 4-5 in terms of speed.
I count very high Mikkelsen,Hanninen and believe to be fastest crews without ''problems''

urabus-denoS2000
6th January 2011, 00:42

:D :D H. Solberg ..... :D :D :D

GINE
6th January 2011, 08:40
opinion from somebody who won in his first rally with a fabia in wrc rally Sandell and Al-Attiyah counts.So your guess for Monte Lambros? :D

I count very high Mikkelsen,Hanninen and believe to be fastest crews without ''problems''

It is a very difficult event cause of weather and road condition.
But i think that Peter Solberg, Hanninen, Henning Solberg and Mikkelsen are the favourites. You must not forget also Loix, Kopecky and many others.
If i had to bet only on one, that would be Peter if the weather is warm. Hanninen has done a lot of testing for monte and that is an advantage if the weather is cold...
It looks to be a very interesting rally, so i will go and watch closely as a spectator

FabiaFan
6th January 2011, 09:38

That will undoubtedly come out as a huge mistake...

FabiaFan
6th January 2011, 09:44
:D :D H. Solberg ..... :D :D :D What!s there to laugh about?!? I'm not a Henning fan - and Ford fan neither, but...!!!

aykutbilir
6th January 2011, 10:36
Henning Solberg is gone ahead of ALL S-WRC pilots this year at tarmac events he uses Fiesta S2000. So he is an underdog.

And Petter Solberg is never succesful @MC. May be because of Impreza.

MC is all about tyre choices and driving skills. You can be fast but black ice is faster than anyone else :)

Brother John
6th January 2011, 10:50
Yes Henning can be faster then Petter. :p :

6th January 2011, 11:29
I could be wrong, but one year Petter was leading the Monte. Then crashed badly on some snow fans had threw on the road? So Petter could still be competitive, he's never driven an S2000? That would be more of a handicap I think than the Monte itself.

Henning is fast atleast in the Fiesta S2000, but he always does seem to find problems.

RS
6th January 2011, 12:13
Henning Solberg is gone ahead of ALL S-WRC pilots this year at tarmac events he uses Fiesta S2000.

The sWRC drivers aren't very good tarmac drivers though so it is hard to tell how much worth that has. We will see on Monte, but I would only expect Henning to do well if it is snowy and icey.

RobertS
6th January 2011, 12:14
I could be wrong, but one year Petter was leading the Monte. Then crashed badly on some snow fans had threw on the road?
Another Solberg-crash at Monte(no brakes) >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD6dYWE0qkM

Brother John
6th January 2011, 13:20
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2011/01/06/proton-mit-renault-power/index.html (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2011/01/06/proton-mit-renault-power/index.html) :up:

MJW
6th January 2011, 13:21
Two stories from the printed Autosport magazine today.
1. Dakar Rally may move to Brazil in 2012 and this could influence VW to stay long term committed to Dakar rally instead of joining WRC. Kris Nissen says VW have fully researched WRC programme and think its good for them to join. Decision to be made by the VW board in early 2011 which way to go after evaluating data (potential WRC) vs Dakar in Brazil as Brazil is a VERY important market for VW. VW board will decide after weighing up benefits of continuing Dakar programme or joining WRC.
2 Apparently Subaru to join WTCC from 2012, maybe thats why Petter viewed WTCC, he still has good links with Subaru Japan, as opposed to Prodrive.

pettersolberg29
6th January 2011, 14:03
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2011/01/06/proton-mit-renault-power/index.html (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2011/01/06/proton-mit-renault-power/index.html) :up:

Frees up Bobby Kubica to use a Proton S2000 in future events then probably?

koko0703
6th January 2011, 14:30
2 Apparently Subaru to join WTCC from 2012, maybe thats why Petter viewed WTCC, he still has good links with Subaru Japan, as opposed to Prodrive.

Correct if I'm wrong 'cuz I don't have any knowledge about WTCC, but doesn't WTCC also use 1.6L turbo charged cars? If so and if this news is true, does this news indicate somebody else maybe considering joining WRC? Like their parent company...? ;)

urabus-denoS2000
6th January 2011, 14:41
What!s there to laugh about?!? I'm not a Henning fan - and Ford fan neither, but...!!!

Henning is a good driver but realisticaly he is miles of the pace from Hirvonen ( except in Norway ) who wasn't much faster than IRC competition . I don't see Henning in the top 5 , maybe with some consistent driving and luck

urabus-denoS2000
6th January 2011, 14:42

It would ruin his rallying reputation , I believe he would be faster with the S1600 :)

dimviii
6th January 2011, 15:48
That will undoubtedly come out as a huge mistake...

also if dry be ready to see him outside top 10 at stages. :D

MJW
6th January 2011, 16:00
Correct if I'm wrong 'cuz I don't have any knowledge about WTCC, but doesn't WTCC also use 1.6L turbo charged cars? If so and if this news is true, does this news indicate somebody else maybe considering joining WRC? Like their parent company...? ;)
True WTCC new tech specs are 1.6T. Subaru in UK had even back in last year of WRC 2008 indicated that their marketing focus would shift upmarket and wanted the brand to be associated with the showjumping set, and for it to be a seen a prestidge brand. Some were not happy with the image of yellow stickered blue impreza's dating from the mid nineties cruising the housing estates.
I dont know what Toyota will do.

Motorsportfun
6th January 2011, 17:07
Apparently Subaru to join WTCC from 2012, maybe thats why Petter viewed WTCC, he still has good links with Subaru Japan, as opposed to Prodrive.

^^

lol Subaru's involvement in WTCC is known since this summer! :D

The programme will be followed by Marc van Dalen's Kronos Racing team

jbmarcus21
6th January 2011, 17:40
My HD video BEST OF 2010 is out
http://planetemarcus.free.fr/bestof10.htm

;)

FabiaFan
6th January 2011, 21:13
also if dry be ready to see him outside top 10 at stages. :D Now you're joking... anyway, we should move this discussion about Henning's favourite role at RMC to the RMC thread...

Mirek
6th January 2011, 22:49

I believe that Satria has had engine based on Renault F4 1.8 16V since the very beginning. That is in fact quite old unit with block from cast iron.

jbmarcus21
7th January 2011, 08:56
Best Of Rally 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-2SXF6cnQ&hd=1

MartijnS
7th January 2011, 12:12
Wevers Sport will contest 3 rounds of the WRC with two Skoda Fabia Evo 2's driven by Bernhard ten Brinke and Erik van Loon.

Portugal
Germany
Wales

RS
7th January 2011, 14:19

Yes, as Mirek says the Proton's engine has always been Renault-derived, so this will not have an impact on what rally car Kubica can drive. However, Lotus bought a stake in the Renault branded F1 team which will now be "Lotus-Renault" and the parent company of Lotus are also the parent company of Proton so don't be surprised to see him in a Proton S2000 in the future!

urabus-denoS2000
7th January 2011, 14:21
Yes, as Mirek says the Proton's engine has always been Renault-derived, so this will not have an impact on what rally car Kubica can drive. However, Lotus bought a stake in the Renault branded F1 team which will now be "Lotus-Renault" and the parent company of Lotus are also the parent company of Proton so don't be surprised to see him in a Proton S2000 in the future!

If he agrees to drive it ;)

Micke_VOC
7th January 2011, 15:19
Sandell confirmed with a Red Bull Skoda in Rally Sweden.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http://www.patriksandell.com/swedish/6621.nyhetsarkiv.html%3Fvisainlagg%3D2937

RS
7th January 2011, 16:30
Sandell confirmed with a Red Bull Skoda in Rally Sweden.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http://www.patriksandell.com/swedish/6621.nyhetsarkiv.html%3Fvisainlagg%3D2937

That's good. Hopefully another good driver will join in the spare Fabia like PG or Hanninen then we can see how close they can get to the new cars :up:

Mise
7th January 2011, 16:53
Garde says: (about the S2000 cars)
You can win in IRC with 3 cars.
Skoda, Ford and Peugeot. In that order.
In a very good Pug you can race with the two,
but on gravel it looses a bit due to its chassis.

About Monte:
I can test only for have a day. That's not much.

From Vauhdin Maalima, a finnish racing magazine.

gravelman
7th January 2011, 18:23
Wevers Sport will contest 3 rounds of the WRC with two Skoda Fabia Evo 2's driven by Bernhard ten Brinke and Erik van Loon.

Portugal
Germany
Wales

These are s2000 models??

alleskids
7th January 2011, 19:04
Wevers Sport has bought the 2 Fabia S2000 Evo2 in november, with the latest specifications, form the first owners (Hanninen and Loix) :)

Programe 2011
24-27 maart 2011 Vodafone Rally de Portugal (WRC, gravel)
6-8 mei 2011 Tour de Corse (IRC, asfalt)
23-25 juni 2011 GEKO Ypres Rally (IRC, asfalt)
18-21 augustus 2011 ADAC Rallye Deutschland (WRC, asfalt)
22-24 september 2011 Rally Sanremo (IRC, asfalt)
10-13 november 2011 Wales Rally GB (WRC, gravel)

pantealex
7th January 2011, 19:28
These are s2000 models??

Yes 2.0L no turbo

Tomi
7th January 2011, 19:32
Garde says: (about the S2000 cars)
You can win in IRC with 3 cars.
Skoda, Ford and Peugeot. In that order.
In a very good Pug you can race with the two,
but on gravel it looses a bit due to its chassis.

About Monte:
I can test only for have a day. That's not much.

From Vauhdin Maalima, a finnish racing magazine.

anyway he should be the fastest Peugeot, even if only half day testing.

Mise
7th January 2011, 19:38

I don't know about that. Petter has much more driving
touch from the past year.

Hartusvuori
7th January 2011, 19:51
I don't know about that. Petter has much more driving
touch from the past year.

But no previous S2000 experience, right? With Monte it's hard to tell, because it's a combination of so many changing factors, not only who's in best shape at the moment.

vkangas
7th January 2011, 19:56
It's quite possible that Gardemeister drives in IRC or sWRC, IRC being more realistic. Garde said to VM that if the last phase of the sponsor negotiations goes well they will announce the sponsorship deal in VM Motorsport Show that is held next weekend in Finland.

alleskids
7th January 2011, 20:14
These are s2000 models??

Skoda has not (yet) homologated a 1.6T Fabia, so al Fabia's in the IRC or WRC are S2000's (2.0 N/A)

RS
8th January 2011, 11:41

That's quite optimistic, even counting out Petter...

Tomi
8th January 2011, 12:29
That's quite optimistic, even counting out Petter...

Sure its optimistic, but he has always been good in monte, last time he was close to win, in a fiat that did work properly only 1 day.

Mirek
8th January 2011, 12:35
Last year he was 7th after first day (4 stages) with +2:43 to Hirvonen. 2009 he was 8th after first day (3 stages) with +1:35 to Hänninen.

Tomi
8th January 2011, 12:54
Last year he was 7th after first day (4 stages) with +2:43 to Hirvonen. 2009 he was 8th after first day (3 stages) with +1:35 to Hänninen.

i think it was 2009 i mean, any place where can see the stagetimes, day 2 and 3.

gravelman
8th January 2011, 13:03
Skoda has not (yet) homologated a 1.6T Fabia, so al Fabia's in the IRC or WRC are S2000's (2.0 N/A)
yeah i thought as much. i was put off by the fact it was Erik Wevers and he normally ran WRC Skodas, which are now obviously banned, apologies if my question sounded ill-informed

alleskids
8th January 2011, 14:59
Wevers Sport had indeed Fabia WRCars, so it was a fair question :) .

jbmarcus21
9th January 2011, 19:02
Marcus Grönholm World Tour Gallery Photos http://planetemarcus.free.fr/worldtourgallery.htm more than 1000 photos online !

Roy
10th January 2011, 21:55
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/

Scroll down the page. You see the partners/sponsors of M-sport and the sponsors of the teams. Some changes and some the same. There is still a Stobart team.
It looks like Expert is for a long stay with Henning.

Ford
Abu Dhabi
Castrol Edge (No BP)
Michelin
Icepeak
Stobart Group
Monster Energy
Munchi's
Expert

PLuto
11th January 2011, 16:58
List of registered drivers in WRC Teams, SWRC and PWRC - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11571

ste898
11th January 2011, 19:20
Stobarts are deffo not doinfg the 2011 WRC which will be a big miss.

GigiGalliNo1
12th January 2011, 11:45
There is still a Stobart Team....

But it's now called M-Sport Stobart Ford World Rally Team

http://wrc.com/news/revamp-for-m-sports-wrc-team-entry/?fid=14026

alleskids
12th January 2011, 15:12
On the FIA list, all 3 (?!) Ford teams kept the name open

11/01/2011
FIA WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP
LIST OF ENTRANTS

ENTRANT
CITROËN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM - Loeb
CITROËN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM
FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM * - Hirvonen
FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM *
MONSTER WORLD RALLY TEAM
MUNCHI’S FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM
FORD *
FORD *
FERM POWER TOOLS WORLD RALLY TEAM
ICE1RACING

* Entrant name to be confirmed.
The final registration date for WRC Teams to contest the FIA World Rally Championship for Manufacturers is 26 April 2011.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wrc/2011/Pages/2011_wrc.aspx

Roy
12th January 2011, 15:43
ENTRANT
CITROËN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM - Loeb
CITROËN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM
FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM * - Hirvonen
FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM *
MONSTER WORLD RALLY TEAM
MUNCHI’S FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM
M-Sport Stobart FORD World Rally Team
M-Sport Stobart FORD World Rally Team
FERM POWER TOOLS WORLD RALLY TEAM
ICE1RACING

Tomorrow we know the name of the Official Ford team. It will be announced on the auto show.

Pinto
12th January 2011, 18:48
I hear BP are no longer involved with ford,so im sure it will be ford abu dahbi world rally team and a new colur scheme

Mirek
12th January 2011, 19:03
I hear BP are no longer involved with ford,so im sure it will be ford abu dahbi world rally team and a new colur scheme

BP is still involved under Castrol banner I think.

ste898
12th January 2011, 19:11
There is still a Stobart Team....

But it's now called M-Sport Stobart Ford World Rally Team

http://wrc.com/news/revamp-for-m-sports-wrc-team-entry/?fid=14026

Stobarts are not involved at all now they have pulled out totally I have this from a member of the team

Pinto
12th January 2011, 19:23
BP is still involved under Castrol banner I think.

ah right so after the bp oil rig disaster in the US of course it would be more PC to drop the bp bit

Pinto
12th January 2011, 19:24
Stobarts are not involved at all now they have pulled out totally I have this from a member of the team

so why keep them in the title of the team so ??

alleskids
12th January 2011, 19:29
nostalgia maybe :) Or a thank you for all the effort in speeding up Mathews carriere, so Malcolm gives them free advertisement space.

ste898
12th January 2011, 20:18
so why keep them in the title of the team so ??

I would say it is very strange to see stobart name or maybe they are getting free advertisment?

MJW
12th January 2011, 20:23
Stobart are still logistics supplier to MSport and Ford so I guess its a downscaling, but still enough to warrant exposure on the car.