PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

DonJippo
9th November 2010, 11:19
At least that sounds there won't be any proper stages on Thursday like it have wished now that the rally turned into a 2-day format. There are good roads for stages near Lahti, but - that would be too much to ask, I guess.

There will be more stages on Thursday so the format is actually 2,5 days next year.

Hartusvuori
9th November 2010, 11:29
There will be more stages on Thursday so the format is actually 2,5 days next year.

If so, I'm in.

DonJippo
9th November 2010, 11:32
If so, I'm in.

That is the plan. http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/11/1221149

Hartusvuori
9th November 2010, 11:39
That is the plan. http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2010/11/1221149

Thanks for pointing that out.

So roughly in English:

- There will be more stages on Thursday evening near Jyväskylä
- On Friday there will be stages on both sides of Lake Päijänne with night stage(s) and eventually the Lahti SSS, I guess. Stages that haven't been run since 1990s.
- There will be more stages south of Jyväskylä, even south of Lahti
- There will be more stages run only once
- Saturday will be on tradional stages in Central Finland
- Rally ends on Saturday.
- Rally Guide 1 on February 25th 2011.

This sounds more logical than just SSS Lahti that was mentioned on the other news source.

cercle
9th November 2010, 11:43
I know it's still very early but is there already some news concurning the WRC Greece and Sardegna 2011?

ZequeArgentina
9th November 2010, 12:49
I just don't believe Munchi's will give a Fiesta WRC again to Villagra.

In Argentina there are many good young drivers, why don't give them the opportunity for a world-class exposure?

Miguel Baldoni looked a fast guy... why dont invest in him? :confused: :confused:

Many discussions about Munchis I missed.

First Munchis, as said is Perez Companc hobby. Their are strong bussinessmen with lots of interest. Why Munchi´s? It is not a well known brand, never undertood why don´t they use their food products brands (they own also a Pasta brand in Italy).

regarding Villagra I jsut do nto understand his speed in WRC. In a group N he isfor sure a fast guy, but never demostrated in WRC outside Argentina (even when he did the PWRC he was very slow).

On the contrary Pozzo, who has shown his speed in 2001 and even afterwards in 205 and 2006, had always god speed on WRC events, but in local championship is only even with Villagra.

Munchis is to do it for fun, and it is known that Villagra was chosen for being an excellent driver, but moreover for being a safe one. It is very difficult that he has an off, and in WRC he is requested to leave a safety margin.

After some of the usual offs of Luis Perez Companc, while bein co driven by hisbrother Jorge, and his younger brother Pablo almost loosing his life in a Indy lights crash in USA, his family requested them to split.
At that time it started Vilagra in Munchs, with Luis in a separate car.

Yes there are young Argentineans with speed to develop, Baldoni could be one of them, Marchetto also.

Juha_Koo
9th November 2010, 13:18

So roughly in English:

- On Friday there will be stages on both sides of Lake Päijänne with night stage(s) and eventually the Lahti SSS, I guess. Stages that haven't been run since 1990s.

This sounds more logical than just SSS Lahti that was mentioned on the other news source.

Damn that sounds good! :up:

Rallyper
9th November 2010, 16:42
NORF 2011:

I´m longing so much!!! :) :)

Tomi
9th November 2010, 17:19

So roughly in English:

+ there has been rumours that Ouninpohja comes back too.

Ghostwalker
9th November 2010, 17:29
Couldn't they run a couple of "night" stages on the Thursday night, just be sunset thats all. We're thinking of going over again next year, so should be interesting too see where they go from here

well its really isnt that dark at the end of July in Scandinavia to be able to run proper night stages at a reasonable time.

Julle69
9th November 2010, 18:53

So roughly in English:

Damn, this sounds that Jyväskylä will not be longer rally HQ. Still next year but AKK is obviously considering Lahti as a future HQ of Neste oil rally and maybe the northest stages will be near Jämsä as Ouninpohja.

ProRally
9th November 2010, 19:08
Damn, this sounds that Jyväskylä will not be longer rally HQ. Still next year but AKK is obviously considering Lahti as a future HQ of Neste oil rally and maybe the northest stages will be near Jämsä as Ouninpohja.

They are building a new hotel in Jyvaskyla at the service park, so I think they will still be there for a while.... :D

Juha_Koo
9th November 2010, 19:23
Damn, this sounds that Jyväskylä will not be longer rally HQ.

It well be. Tarkiainen especially emphasized that the HQ will stay in Jyväskylä.

And the SSS move to Lahti is not certain yet. As said, the Lahti city council is expected to vote about organizing (and I guess funding too) the Super Special Stage there in the near future. I believe it has pretty good chances to pass because the city council is biased on the right in the political spectrum and there's only four members of the Green League enviromental party and five members of the Left Alliance party in the council. These parties are the most anti-motorsport in Finland, but not the only ones though...

Barreis
9th November 2010, 19:36
It will be interesting next year..

AndyRAC
9th November 2010, 19:39
Hats off to the organisers for trying something different. I hope others will follow suit.

Barreis
9th November 2010, 19:54
I'm happy 'cos of LIVE stages.. Finally.. Eurosport made them to change something also on TV things..

OldF
9th November 2010, 21:58
Rally Finland's organization AKK Sports is planning to run a super special stage in Lahti next year. Lahti's city goverment will discuss the offer on their meeting next Monday. AKK Sports is waiting for the reply in November. The SSS would run in a horse track.

This is clearly a move to reach more commercial audience from capital Helsinki that doesn't want to travel to Jyväskylä to see WRC. Lahti is a bit over one hour motorway drive away from Helsinki (110 km) and also there's a good train connection between the cities. Lahti is however more than 2 hours drive away (170 km) from Rally HQ Jyväskylä so for the true(er) rally fans this could mean no SSS. Or perhaps they're planning to run Lahti SSS on Thursday evening and Laajavuori SSS on Friday evening, who knows. At least that sounds there won't be any proper stages on Thursday like it have wished now that the rally turned into a 2-day format. There are good roads for stages near Lahti, but - that would be too much to ask, I guess.

But this is only at the planning level right now - no decissions made yet. But these at the ideas the newly named FIA chairman of rally comission Jarmo Mahonen generates.

http://yle.fi/alueet/keski-suomi/2010/11/mm-ralli_hamuaa_erikoiskoetta_lahteen_2125365.html

How would it sound to have the Savo stage to or from Lahti. OK, I know it’s not on the way to or from Lahti and it also could be to fast nowadays, but still. Nearby is also some stages that where run in the 90’s.

Petris
10th November 2010, 21:18
Katap Racing acquires a share of Estonian MM-Motorsport

Loimaa based Katap Racing is revving up and setting its sights on the international rally roads. The team has acquired a share of Estonian MM-Motorsport. The two teams have co-operated before, when the rally talent Ott Tänak competed in Katap Racing’s Ford Fiesta S2000 in two rallies this autumn.

MM-Motorsport provides their customers with both maintenance services and rally car rental. MM-Motorsport has been operating mainly in Estonia, but with help of the latest transactions the company’s aim is to expand the business internationally.

MM-Motorsport has been a main force behind talented drivers and has helped them to break through into world’s rally elite. One of the drivers is MM-Motorsport protégé Ott Tänak, who has shown his convincing talent on the rally roads.
-“We are extremely pleased with the co-operation with MM-Motorsport, so the transaction is a natural way of continuing to expand the co-operation,” says the happy Katap Racing owner Pekka Nieminen about the associate acquisition.

The other MM-Motorsport owners are Markko Märtin and Juss Roden. Märtin is the most successful Estonian rally driver and Roden was his trusted mechanic in the WRC series.
“Katap Racing joining us as one of the owners guarantees a possibility to expand the business in both maintenance services and supporting young drivers. At the moment we are in talks about MM-Motorsport possibly competing in the WRC series in group S2000 next season,” Markko Märtin says.

Katap racing continues operating in Finland as before. Niko Nieminen will be driving a brand new front wheel drive Ford Fiesta R2. Niko’s aims in his first full rally season are to improve his pacenote reading skills and gather experience in competing.
-“Now we will be able to invest in Niko’s progress in a completely new way. The technical and mechanical expertise and as well as the knowledge of rally sports provided by MM-Motorsport is world class, which helps us to concentrate on more relevant things,” says Pekka Nieminen of the continuing the development of rally in Finland

Katap-Racing press release 9.11.2010

http://www.petriskog.com/Rally/2010/Finnsco-SM-Rally-2010/1D37218/1022510498_h9drC-L.jpg

http://www.petriskog.com/Rally/2010/Saaremaa-Rally-2010/14086061_sczzH#1043456074_WjDjL-L-LB

rv
11th November 2010, 11:45
Is there an opportunity in 2011 that Red Bull is "bringing" to WRC or SWRC Travis Pastrana instead of Kimi?

AndyRAC
11th November 2010, 11:46
Is there an opportunity in 2011 that Red Bull is "bringing" to WRC or SWRC Travis Pastrana instead of Kimi?

I think he's joining one of the NASCAR series.....

Hartusvuori
11th November 2010, 12:44
Lahti-based newspaper Etelä-Suomen Sanomat unveils more details about the plans of next year's Rally Finland.

On Friday, midday service would be based on Lahti harbour. The super special stage would take place in Jokimaa horse track on Friday evening. Also, on Friday there would be four stages near Lahti region.

If these plans come true, next year's Rally Finland's Friday would be a lot different from last years.

AKK Sports Oy asks €120 000 from the city of Lahti to organize the SSS. City goverment will discuss this on next Monday. City governour has already given a go ahead. It's multi-year proposal.

http://www.ess.fi/?article=303279

OldF
11th November 2010, 13:49
Lahti-based newspaper Etelä-Suomen Sanomat unveils more details about the plans of next year's Rally Finland.

On Friday, midday service would be based on Lahti harbour. The super special stage would take place in Jokimaa horse track on Friday evening. Also, on Friday there would be four stages near Lahti region.

If these plans come true, next year's Rally Finland's Friday would be a lot different from last years.

AKK Sports Oy asks €120 000 from the city of Lahti to organize the SSS. City goverment will discuss this on next Monday. City governour has already given a go ahead. It's multi-year proposal.

http://www.ess.fi/?article=303279

Let's hope that they (city government) do not see it only as expenditure but that it will also generate revenue in the Lahi region.

It’s great that NORF try break out from the traditional format.

DonJippo
11th November 2010, 14:23
It’s great that NORF try break out from the traditional format.

I would say this is more a break out from the modern format to traditional one ;)

AndyRAC
11th November 2010, 16:13
I would say this is more a break out from the modern format to traditional one ;)

Thumbs up to AKK for trying this - each event should be different. Good to see some variation!! :up:

Ghostwalker
14th November 2010, 16:14
I am happy for Sordo to find a team that really wants him for his talent. But I am unhappy that Find missed the oppertunity to kick Citroen's balls on tarmac with the Fiesta WrCar.
Nothing personal, but I think that Stobart would love to pay for Sordo being on the Stobart car instead of Wilson's son

if PG Andersson is to believed there might not be any Stobart Ford team next season.

- Det låter som att Malcolm Wilson inte har något att komma med där. Han har inget klart med något andrateam, likt det man haft med Stobart, och då finns inget till mig. Men det är inget som är helt klart än, säger Andersson till eurosport.se

It sounds like malcom doesnt have anything to offer. Han havent managed to get a second team done and then there is nothing for me. But it is not 100% certain yet says PG to eurosport.se.
http://www.eurosport.se/rally/p-g-aktuell-for-mini_sto2530910/story.shtml

alleskids
14th November 2010, 17:16
?? no car for Wilson next year? Has the 5 year plan ended this afternoon?

14th November 2010, 17:19
Fortunately for Wilson jr it seems apparent his dad is the only one calling the shots as far as who drives a Stobart car is concerned.

I don't get it, how does this kid not feel ashamed of himself and his non achievments ? Does he really believe he can win it one day ?

Also I see the Stobart semi has Wilson's car with his name painted on the trailer. Isn't it bringing them bad PR ?

Who wants to openly show that they support Wilson jr today ??

beats the s**t out of me.

ridder
15th November 2010, 20:26
Østberg is driving Fiesta "WRC" next year, he said that himself on TV. Said also that Henning Solberg will maybe join him.

A bit weird after Østberg has been using prodrive subarus for 6? years and helping them with development.

Barreis
15th November 2010, 20:29
Fortunately for Wilson jr it seems apparent his dad is the only one calling the shots as far as who drives a Stobart car is concerned.

I don't get it, how does this kid not feel ashamed of himself and his non achievments ? Does he really believe he can win it one day ?

Also I see the Stobart semi has Wilson's car with his name painted on the trailer. Isn't it bringing them bad PR ?

beats the s**t out of me.
He doesn't read the forum.. It's more nice to be in the car..

Barreis
15th November 2010, 20:29
Østberg is driving Fiesta "WRC" next year, he said that himself on TV. Said also that Henning Solberg will maybe join him.

A bit weird after Østberg has been using prodrive subarus for 6? years and helping them with development.
They have number of subaru's.. Money turns the world around..

MTA
15th November 2010, 20:46
10-11-15 Mads kjører Ford WRC neste sesong
Mads Østberg undertegnet i løpet av helgen en avtale med M-sport for neste sesong. Mads vil kjøre den nye Ford Fiesta WRC i sesongen

2011, med start i Rally Sweden, og vil inngå i M-sports fabrikksstruktur. Jonas Andersson fortsetter i sin rolle som co-driver.
"Akkurat hvilken struktur jeg skal kjøre under er ikke avklart, fordi føreroppsettet til M-sport foreløpig ikke er avklart. Men jeg er veldig glad for at min situasjon sportslig sett er klar, og at jeg får kjøre en topp konkurransedyktig bil for første gang i karrieren. Hvem jeg da kjører i team sammen med er av mindre betydning for meg, sånn jeg ser det akkurat nå, " sier Mads i en kommentar.

Morten Østberg kan fortelle at det i tillegg er inngått en avtale om team-samarbeid mellom Adapta Motorsport og M-sport. "Vi kommer til å jobbe tett med M-Sport for å selge, serve og drifte M-sports produkter i det Skandinaviske marked. Fabrikken har et enestående produktspekter med vinnerbiler i R2, Super 2000 og de vil garantert komme opp med en vinnerbil i nye WRC også. Det er ingen andre produsenter som kan måle deg med M-Sports produktspekter. Vi er stolte over den tillit vi har fått gjennom avtalen og ser virkelig fram til samarbeidet, som starter omgående."

En del av avtalen går ut på at Adaptas mekanikerteam vil inngå i M-sports mekaniker set up på alle VM-løp. Adapta vil på den måten oppnå den høyeste kompetanse for service og reparasjon av biler for sine Skandinaviske kunder. Mekanikerne vil gjennomgå en grundig opplæring ved M-sports fabrikk i Cockermout, nær Carlisle i Nord-Vest England, i januar 2011. De vil bl.a. være med på byggingen av Mads' bil for Rally Sweden.

Mads vil som tidligere år kjøre de NM-løp som han klarer å passe inn. Det er ikke avklart om hva slags bil han vil benytte i NM, men teamet jobber med saken, og vil komme tilbake til dette så snart det er avklart.

Vedlagt følger også pressemelding som er gått ut fra M-sport i dag.

ADAPTA MOTORSPORT CONFIRMS FORD FIESTA RS WRC FOR 2011
Adapta Motorsport have confirmed a collaboration with M-Sport to support Mads Østberg in a Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car for next year's FIA World Rally Championship.
The 23-year-old Norwegian piloted the award-winning Ford Fiesta S2000 with the Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally Team in France and Germany earlier this year and following his successful debut with M-Sport, Adapta have agreed terms to expand the link with the UK based team.
Sweden's Jonas Andersson will join Mads Østberg as his co-driver.
More details of the final programme are still to be confirmed but Østberg and Andersson will contest the season's opening rally in Sweden, 10 - 13 February.

Mads Østberg
"I enjoyed driving the Ford Fiesta S2000 in France and Germany and I'm very happy to have been given the opportunity to drive the new Fiesta next year. I know the competition is tough for next year's championship so I feel really lucky to have sorted this deal between M-Sport and Adapta at this stage. I don't have a lot of experience working with a big team like M-Sport but I found them to be very professional and very welcoming. I'm really pleased about the deal and looking forward to next year."
Adapta Motorsport Team Director, Morten Østberg said:
"This is a logical step for Mads to take in 2011 - we had a nice feeling in the Ford Fiesta S2000 after Rallye de France and we are looking to build a collaboration with M-Sport into the future to help develop our team in the Scandinavian market"
M-Sport Managing Director, Malcolm Wilson said:
"It is great to be able to welcome Mads, Jonas and the Adapta team into the M-Sport family for 2011. Mads and Jonas adapted well to the large team environment in Germany and with the new technical regulations coming, we feel the time is right for Mads to make the next step in his development as a driver."

Pinto
15th November 2010, 20:53
S14 ,S12 ,S11 or 10 the amount of subarus they have

Rallyper
15th November 2010, 21:12
Great choice. Now Mads can compete with the others on equal level! :)

Barreis
15th November 2010, 21:13
They have Legacy's from 1992, old Impreza's.. Full garage..

Pinto
15th November 2010, 21:19
it would be a nice garage to get into for a look round so

Allyc85
15th November 2010, 21:22
Great choice. Now Mads can compete with the others on equal level! :)

Agreed no we can judge him properly! The S12 was rubbish at WRC level when it came out, let alone in 2010!

Barreis
15th November 2010, 21:22
Saw a photos somewhere.. Lot's of zero's..

OldF
15th November 2010, 22:38
One step closer.

"Lahti City Council in favor of 120 000 euros to support the Neste Rally arrangements."

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lahti.fi%2Fwww%2Fbulletin.nsf%2 Fpfbd%2F750AEED58F40CDFEC22577DC006392C8

rjbetty
16th November 2010, 04:16

Me, but after this shocking year, I am not finding it easy (I never have). I so want him to do well but it's looking increasingly like a daydream.

AlfaWRC
16th November 2010, 11:04
anyone updated or new infos regarding possible programs in 2011 for:
- Ketomaa
- Novikov
- Gardemeister
- Rantanen
- Atkinson
- etc.

mm1
16th November 2010, 11:11
Novikov has confirmed that he ends his rally carrer.

16th November 2010, 11:14
Just about Finland 2011, is anyone able to suggest a place to stay for the rally or someone who has some rooms available?

DonJippo
16th November 2010, 11:18
Just about Finland 2011, is anyone able to suggest a place to stay for the rally or someone who has some rooms available?

Better to wait till end of next February and rally guide 1 with confirmed route before you start booking any accomodation.

morganmilan
16th November 2010, 12:17
Novikov has confirmed that he ends his rally carrer.
Which reason for? He´s very young... :confused:

Mise
16th November 2010, 12:27
According to "Veikkaaja" (a finnish magazine) Suzuki
is investigating its possibilities to make an S2000 car.
Suzuki boss Nobuhiro Tajima has approached Urmo Aava
in the manner.

mm1
16th November 2010, 12:40
I heared from an Moto GP engineer that Suzuki is developing a 1.6T engine (he met a guy who apperantly runs it on a dyno). I told him that he probably tells me loads of bollocks, but as it turns out, there`s no smoke without fire :) . I hope it`s true!

tolis
16th November 2010, 12:43
Which reason for? He´s very young... :confused:
He said that he wants to concentrate on business. He'll have rallying as a hobby.

Barreis
16th November 2010, 12:44
WRC must be better then in last few years.. Also drivers must be paid..

morganmilan
16th November 2010, 12:51
He said that he wants to concentrate on business. He'll have rallying as a hobby.
Thnx Tolis :)

bluuford
16th November 2010, 13:44
I just noticed that Prokop´s Car is for sale since the end of October. Anyone knows his plans? Also Tuohino´s Fiesta is for sale for a long time already. And one final car market news. Georg Gross (driving under MM-Motorsport) bought the Focus that Wilson was driving in Wales.
Kruuda told in an interview that he is planning to drive something with 4WD (probably PWRC or SWRC) in WRC and probably some starts in IRC as well.

Barreis
16th November 2010, 14:13
M-Sport cheated them.. Now it's better to buy copletlly new car then to upgrade it to WRC version..

Brother John
16th November 2010, 14:44
WRC must be better then in last few years.. Also drivers must be paid..

Keep on with your dream. :rolleyes:

Mirek
16th November 2010, 14:57
I just noticed that Prokop´s Car is for sale since the end of October. Anyone knows his plans?

He was thinking seriously about Fiesta WRC but it looks more likely to stay with S2000.

Mirek
16th November 2010, 14:57
Keep on with your dream. :rolleyes:

It can hardly be worse.

Brother John
16th November 2010, 15:42
:s tareup: http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnew ... index.html (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/11/16/solberg-ohne-moos-nix-los/index.html)
Future from Petter. Maybe 2010 was my last season

RS
16th November 2010, 16:25
He was thinking seriously about Fiesta WRC but it looks more likely to stay with S2000.

Because of greater than expected price of the new WRCs?

Mirek
16th November 2010, 16:41
I think that he wants to buy new WRC, not to rent it. It's a question if there is some to buy or only a lot of them for (expensive) rent.

AndyRAC
16th November 2010, 18:41
:s tareup: http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnew ... index.html (http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2010/11/16/solberg-ohne-moos-nix-los/index.html)
Future from Petter. Maybe 2010 was my last season

Absolutely ridiculous!! If Petter can't get a drive/ car, then the sport needs a good, hard look at itself. 8 podiums, 3rd in the Championship, competitive everywhere,....... :confused:

Barreis
16th November 2010, 20:10
+1

PLuto
16th November 2010, 20:11
anyone updated or new infos regarding possible programs in 2011 for:
- Gardemeister
- etc.

Toni Gardemeister is working on irc programme for the next year and still seeking additional sponsors.

More info here - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11357

milly
16th November 2010, 20:26
According to "Veikkaaja" (a finnish magazine) Suzuki
is investigating its possibilities to make an S2000 car.
Suzuki boss Nobuhiro Tajima has approached Urmo Aava
in the manner.

I don't think Tajima is allowed near any 'official' Suzuki projects.

Anything he does is doen by himself, paid for by a driver.

Suzuki will not touch him any more....

COD
18th November 2010, 13:14
Ketomaa said he would like to stay in WRC with the Chinese team. Be it S2000 or WRC is up to the team, he is happy to drive either

alleskids
18th November 2010, 15:16

What has he done wrong to be banned by the Suzuki bosses?

ProRally
18th November 2010, 18:24

Do a bit of research .... you could be surprised... :D

Maui J.
18th November 2010, 19:20
Kiwi Stephen Barker wins the Ford Fiesta shootout. Congrats!
As I understand this secures him a 12 month job at M-Sport.

I can't find any official release yet, but here's the Facebook link.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiesta-SportTrophy-International/183088720254

tolis
18th November 2010, 21:15
Kiwi Stephen Barker wins the Ford Fiesta shootout. Congrats!
As I understand this secures him a 12 month job at M-Sport.

I can't find any official release yet, but here's the Facebook link.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiesta-SportTrophy-International/183088720254
Here:http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/news/490-new-zealands-stephen-barker-wins-fst-international-shootout

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2010, 07:42
On next season's Rally Finland, recent "Insider's newsletter" (http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/sisapiirinews/2010/sisapiirinuutiskirje1310/nesteoilrallikasvattaatarjontaansa/default.html) revealed that the route will run near Jyväskylä on Thursday, then big changes planned on Friday starting from Jämsä then through Lammi, Lahti and Sysmä around Lake Päijänne and on Saturday more well known stages around Jämsä-Korpilahti-Keuruu region.

So, Friday will cover quite a big geographical area (from Jämsä to Lammi, what, around 170-180 kms, at least), but the change is most welcomed. Hopefully the schedule will be made so that there is enough time to move around from spectators point of view as well. That we'll know in late February.

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2010, 08:36
Helsingin Sanomat is quoting the M-Sport feature from last week's Vauhdin Maailma, where Christian Loriaux revealed that they nearly "killed Marcus and Timo" when Marcus drove 06 spec Focus for the first time in a test for Sweden 2006. They had left screws loose on the steering wheel which caused an off at 200 km/h. The incident was kept in secret from press as well as Malcolm Wilson.

Google translate (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/artikkeli/Gr%25C3%25B6nholmilla%2Bhurja%2Balku%2BFordilla%2B Olisimme%2Bvoineet%2Btappaa%2BMarcuksen%2Bja%2BTim on/1135261847977&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.fi&usg=ALkJrhgtpdI-AnFzFQb_xFVjch7UvEvJ4A)

Speaking of Ford and steering wheels, and supertitions, for this year's Portugal they put Marcus' old steering wheel for Mikko's car, a part that have won several rallies - but it didn't help. :-) Nice little details.

Xsara Fan
23rd November 2010, 13:52
Helsingin Sanomat is quoting the M-Sport feature from last week's Vauhdin Maailma, where Christian Loriaux revealed that they nearly "killed Marcus and Timo" when Marcus drove 06 spec Focus for the first time in a test for Sweden 2006. They had left screws loose on the steering wheel which caused an off at 200 km/h. The incident was kept in secret from press as well as Malcolm Wilson.

Google translate (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http://www.hs.fi/urheilu/artikkeli/Gr%25C3%25B6nholmilla%2Bhurja%2Balku%2BFordilla%2B Olisimme%2Bvoineet%2Btappaa%2BMarcuksen%2Bja%2BTim on/1135261847977&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.fi&usg=ALkJrhgtpdI-AnFzFQb_xFVjch7UvEvJ4A)

Speaking of Ford and steering wheels, and supertitions, for this year's Portugal they put Marcus' old steering wheel for Mikko's car, a part that have won several rallies - but it didn't help. :-) Nice little details.

In 2005 I`ve found this photo from Gronholm`s first tests: http://rallyzone.ru/i/news/1133995079459039.jpg Does anyone have a bigger photo?

Bobcat
23rd November 2010, 16:11
Rumours said that GM Europe with Opel or Vauxhall, they could come back in the WRC... http://www.autoevolution.com/news/general-motors-ponders-wrc-return-26802.html

Barreis
23rd November 2010, 16:19
Nice news..

Bobcat
23rd November 2010, 21:27
Duval keen on more WRC action (with Ford): http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/duval_keen_on_more_wrc_action/

PLuto
23rd November 2010, 22:43
Duval can say what he wants, but there is not so many people who should and wants to help him...

tracyk859
24th November 2010, 00:47
Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

JRodrigues
24th November 2010, 01:52
Duval keen on more WRC action (with Ford): http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/duval_keen_on_more_wrc_action/

Next news:

Ford not keen on more WRC action (with Duval).

J.Lindstroem
24th November 2010, 09:16
Thanks for the post.

Welcome to the forum!

darkstar
24th November 2010, 15:39
i like duval, and i like to hear he´s still trying to get some drive(if he would only have stayed at ford...so stupid!).

btw. i recently saw this video again after some years now, the interview is so great :D especially the last sentence, hehe. rallyeing needs guys like that! go hard or go home ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8h5zHHvZoU

ProRally
24th November 2010, 15:56
Thanks for the post.

Welcome to the forum, have fun !!

N.O.T
24th November 2010, 16:12
can we please remove this tracyk scam from here ??

serial jeff
24th November 2010, 17:13
lol yeah he is clearly a bot

ste898
24th November 2010, 21:44

Malcolm will welcome him back again as he can drive in the team with the rest of Wilosons no hopers.........apart from JML

J.Lindstroem
24th November 2010, 21:48
He sure can drive a car, but he also know how to crash them. The sad thing is that i dont think hell ever learn how to stop crashing..

A.F.F.
24th November 2010, 23:03
He sure can drive a car, but he also know how to crash them. The sad thing is that i dont think hell ever learn how to stop crashing..

Why is that? There are others who have learnt it... Why not Duval?

J.Lindstroem
25th November 2010, 07:27

He is crashing so in so many rallies, and it doesn't seem like he is doing any better. Ok if he was a young driver searching for his limtation - then its ok to crash a lot, but Duval is 30 years old (?). Dont get me wrong i really like Duval both as a driver and as a person, but his driving is rather disapointing. He is fast driver, but Ford need a driver who is both fast and reliable on tarmarc. Not a driver who is crashing in almost every rally. Yes he is fast but it does'nt matter if he doesnt reach the finish!

millbrook
25th November 2010, 09:52
Colin McRae competed several seasons for Ford, and no one has ruined more cars than him...

He had to drive Germany with a worthless Focus, the one Henning destroyed in Finland two weeks before.
He was able to do some pre-event testing, but I think M-sport just needed him to find the ideal tarmac set-up of the car.

I would like to see him back in the WRC very much, but I don't think that will be the case.

He declared recently to stop competing and concentrating on the business - secondhand Toyota's & a recently opened Peugeot-dealership.

He is crashing so in so many rallies, and it doesn't seem like he is doing any better. Ok if he was a young driver searching for his limtation - then its ok to crash a lot, but Duval is 30 years old (?). Dont get me wrong i really like Duval both as a driver and as a person, but his driving is rather disapointing. He is fast driver, but Ford need a driver who is both fast and reliable on tarmarc. Not a driver who is crashing in almost every rally. Yes he is fast but it does'nt matter if he doesnt reach the finish!

Karukera
25th November 2010, 13:30

A 10 years crashing plan to do the trick ? :s tare:

Macd
25th November 2010, 13:40
Colin McRae competed several seasons for Ford, and no one has ruined more cars than him...

McRae was winning rallies at the same time though + he was already world champion when he went to ford.

I am evil Homer
25th November 2010, 14:31
Exactly with McRae he was on the edge but damn he was fast and challenging for wins in every type of event. Duval didn't.

ProRally
25th November 2010, 14:44
Exactly with McRae he was on the edge but damn he was fast and challenging for wins in every type of event. Duval didn't.

Spoke to both a lot of over the years, Colin was more silent guy, François had/has a attitude problem :D

Mirek
25th November 2010, 17:00

This is far from being true. Three or four years a go there was a relation on wrc.com where they compared drivers of WRC era in crashing percentage (retirements due to crash/number of starts). Atkinson and Duval were by far most crashing ones (around 1/3 of starts ended by crash). Colin was only tenth or so. If I remember right his crashing percentage was less than half compared to Duval. Besides that Colin was world champion, won 25 rallies and was exceptional personality. With all respect Duval is nowhere near him.

darkstar
25th November 2010, 17:28
yes, with that statisctic youre absolutely right. i saw this one too some time ago.

Vargåsen
25th November 2010, 18:30
This is far from being true. Three or four years a go there was a relation on wrc.com where they compared drivers of WRC era in crashing percentage (retirements due to crash/number of starts). Atkinson and Duval were by far most crashing ones (around 1/3 of starts ended by crash). Colin was only tenth or so. If I remember right his crashing percentage was less than half compared to Duval. Besides that Colin was world champion, won 25 rallies and was exceptional personality. With all respect Duval is nowhere near him.

I remember this too, and I was surprised that almost everyone at the top in these statistics were "new" drivers, (Atkinson, Duval, Grönholm (ok not that new perhaps), Hirvonen I think), and the drivers were explaining this with the fact that they had to be more on the limit all the time nowadays. When I remember the late '9:s (with McRae etc.) I remember tight (and much more unpredictable) rallies with a lot of crashes, but these statistics proved crashes are more common nowadays (or up to 2007 at least)

Hartusvuori
25th November 2010, 19:09
Janne Tuohino will drive Finnish championship 2011 with his Fiesta S2000 and eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.

24.11.2010 - Janne Tuohino enters Finnish Rally Championship series 2011 with Super2000 rally car and builds a campaign to drive for selected World Rally Championship serie events

During his 17 years of rally career a Flying Finn, Janne Tuohino, 35, has won two Finnish Rally Championship titles and one bronze medal. He also has won one Junior World Rally Championship bronze medals. Now his goals are set for third Finnish Rally Championship title.

Tuohino, currently living in Dubai, enters Finnish Rally Championship series with his own Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car and builds a campaign to drive for selected World Rally Championship serie events with brand new turbo-charged World Rally Car.

Maintenance and service for Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car is to be done by one of the best Finnish professional motorsport team, PrintSport Racing. Risto Pietiläinen will co-drive Tuohino in season 2011 events.

- In season 2010 running a private rally team in World Rally Championship was very heavy for me and therefore after WRC Rally Finland I was forced to retire the season and start planning for next one. Plans for season 2011 is currently underway as my Ford Fiesta S2000 rally car is being serviced for forthcoming events in PrintSport Racing premises, Tuohino tells.

Goals for double Finnish rally champion are set for third title and to show his skills behind the steering wheel of modern new turbocharged World Rally Car.

- Me and my team are making hard work for season 2011 World Rally Championship series. Ofcourse everything depends sponsors, Tuohino continues.

Finnish Rally Championship serie rounds for season 2011:
28.1. - Arctic Lapland Rally #1
29.1. - Arctic Lapland Rally #2
19.2. - FRC Vaakuna Rally
5.3. - FRC O.K. Auto Rally
14.5. - FRC Vanajanlinna Rally
11.6. - FRC Osuuspankki Rally
17.9. - FRC Kerava Rallyhttp://www.jannetuohino.com/

DonJippo
25th November 2010, 19:23
Janne Tuohino ... eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.

Why? He's never ever going to make it so why bother...?

Daniel
25th November 2010, 19:25
Why? He's never ever going to make it so why bother...?

DonJippo, you and I see things very much the same. I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?

MJW
25th November 2010, 19:49
Dont you guys enjoy your rallying,? Whatever class you are in, there are winners and losers. Whats wrong in wanting to continue, its his (sponsors money)

StevieWonder
25th November 2010, 19:56
Janne Tuohino will drive Finnish championship 2011 with his Fiesta S2000 and eyes on a chance to build some kind of program for WRC return - with a WRC car.

http://www.jannetuohino.com/

every year the same - every year Janne is going to do WRC, but at the end just rumours and nothing else.
sorry, I´ve nothing against Janne, but nevertheless we won´t see him in WRC 2011 !

CyborgVR4
25th November 2010, 20:09
I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?So we are never going to hear you complain about small fields or low manufacturer numbers or lack of paid seats in WRC (or anyother championship for that matter), cos obviously there is only a need for 1 competitor, as there will only be one winner anyone else should not bother. Great attitude.

I rather see large numbers, I don't care if not all of them have any chance of winning, they are all adding some value somewhere along the line.

Bobcat
25th November 2010, 20:23
So we are never going to hear you complain about small fields or low manufacturer numbers or lack of paid seats in WRC (or anyother championship for that matter), cos obviously there is only a need for 1 competitor, as there will only be one winner anyone else should not bother. Great attitude.

I rather see large numbers, I don't care if not all of them have any chance of winning, they are all adding some value somewhere along the line.

+1

Mise
25th November 2010, 21:03
DonJippo, you and I see things very much the same. I also think that if you're not winning or at least very close to winning - then why bother?

Since Loeb won 7 in a row and propably wins
next year too, why do the rest of them bother? :eek: :D

Tomi
25th November 2010, 21:28
Tuohinos WRC train left a few years ago allready, the Finnish championship thing i understand but its difficult to understand why he want to drive in the WRC, because there is nothing he can achieve from there.

L5->R5/CR
26th November 2010, 04:58
I remember this too, and I was surprised that almost everyone at the top in these statistics were "new" drivers, (Atkinson, Duval, Grönholm (ok not that new perhaps), Hirvonen I think), and the drivers were explaining this with the fact that they had to be more on the limit all the time nowadays. When I remember the late '9:s (with McRae etc.) I remember tight (and much more unpredictable) rallies with a lot of crashes, but these statistics proved crashes are more common nowadays (or up to 2007 at least)

Years ago you had more crashes in events but you also had more varied fields and less domination throughout the course of the year.

Presently you have fewer drivers crashing more often to give the statistical trend of more crashes but when you weigh the number of crashes against the number of people that have crashed I would expect that you would see the difference.

I remember watching events that it seemed like at almost at every rally someone had a moment, either ripped a corner off the car, did a soft roll, had the hood come up at high speed, or someone had a crash. The trick was it was rarely the same person from event to event.

Duval and Atkinson were good for a crash out 1 out of every 3 events it seemed.

RS
26th November 2010, 11:20
every year the same - every year Janne is going to do WRC, but at the end just rumours and nothing else.
sorry, I´ve nothing against Janne, but nevertheless we won´t see him in WRC 2011 !

Too slow, always has been. He looked liked Finland's answer to Matthew Wilson in sWRC this year. It's nice he can fulfil his passion by driving in the Finnish Championship though.

Sami
26th November 2010, 12:22
I admire Tuohino's passion for rallying.

He is competing purely for the love of rallying.

He is not going make any money. He is not going to win.

It is a hobby, and he enjoys it.

And still he is not a tourist at all, but an extremely fast driver. Not at all like Therman, Arolainen, Merksteijns, Kuypers etc, who I admire a lot too.

When someone has a passion and an opportunity to live out it, it is fantastic to wittness.

I'll be happy to see him around next year!

millbrook
26th November 2010, 14:02
totally agree

I admire Tuohino's passion for rallying.

He is competing purely for the love of rallying.

He is not going make any money. He is not going to win.

It is a hobby, and he enjoys it.

And still he is not a tourist at all, but an extremely fast driver. Not at all like Therman, Arolainen, Merksteijns, Kuypers etc, who I admire a lot too.

When someone has a passion and an opportunity to live out it, it is fantastic to wittness.

I'll be happy to see him around next year!

COD
27th November 2010, 10:26
Tuohinos WRC train left a few years ago allready, the Finnish championship thing i understand but its difficult to understand why he want to drive in the WRC, because there is nothing he can achieve from there.

What can Henning achieve? What Can Al Quassimi, Wilson jr. , Block etc. etc. achieve. If there are sponsors willing to pay, isn't it good that there are more cars competing?

There would be only two Sebastiens driving if ability to achieve something would be the only criteria....

alleskids
27th November 2010, 15:42
What Touhino, Block, Henning etc etc etc try to achieve is several points:
* First, having fun while spending time on their hobby (which many on this forum should do)
* Second, having fun with rally cars and competing against others in the World Rally Championship and trying to to their best and get the best results possible
* Third, trying to be the Best-Non-Sebastien-Driver-In-The-WRC-2011

Tomi
27th November 2010, 17:28
What can Henning achieve? What Can Al Quassimi, Wilson jr. , Block etc. etc. achieve. If there are sponsors willing to pay, isn't it good that there are more cars competing?

There would be only two Sebastiens driving if ability to achieve something would be the only criteria....

About those others no comment, but I wish that sponsors here should consider, if it would be more clever to support someone who might have somekind future in the sport, on the other hand i dont think he will find sponsors.

alleskids
27th November 2010, 20:21
An other driver who has fun with his hobby, is F1 driver Robert Kubica. His manager sais that he has really discovered rally this year, and wants to drive only for teams who allow him to drive a rally occasionally. That leaves out Ferrari. McLaren, Red Bull. But renault has no problems with it, what is more reasons to stay with Renault F1.

Hartusvuori
28th November 2010, 12:15
Lahti city council will make its decision on Monday whether they want Rally Finland or not.

There's also talk about combining Lahti Historic Rally (European championship) and Rally Finland. Finnish article (http://www.ess.fi/?article=305256) on that one.

Juha_Koo
28th November 2010, 14:26
Lahti city council will make its decision on Monday whether they want Rally Finland or not.

There's also talk about combining Lahti Historic Rally (European championship) and Rally Finland. Finnish article (http://www.ess.fi/?article=305256) on that one.

I'm just thinking how in the hell could the organisation handle the combination of about 120 cars of WRC event plus all the historic competitors which are around hundred. If the traditional Xerox event is kept with the historic one, then the approximate number of cars would rise to around 250 plus all of hundreds of thousands of spectators... :s mokin: One helluva event!

I'm already now so damn excited, so much new (or atleast last used in the early 90s) stages coming. So much to spectator-recce to do with endless opportunities. :)

PLuto
29th November 2010, 16:20
GT cars allowed ! - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11386

Motorsportfun
29th November 2010, 17:04
Looks like M-Sport will move its WRC Academy operations in Poland... :)

br21
29th November 2010, 17:21
Looks like M-Sport will move its WRC Academy operations in Poland... :)

what do you mean?

Motorsportfun
29th November 2010, 17:38
what do you mean?

My sources told me that M-Sport will move its WRC Academy activities in Poland during the season... maybe they don't have enough space in Dovenby workshop...

...don't know if they will open a new factory or they will be partnered to any local team!

OldF
29th November 2010, 17:48
Now the matter is clear, shouldn’t be any barriers for NORF around Päijänne. :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lahti.fi%2Fwww%2Fbulletin.nsf%2 Fpfbd%2F86397BC85041B22FC22577EA0053C04F

PLuto
29th November 2010, 19:14
My sources told me that M-Sport will move its WRC Academy activities in Poland during the season... maybe they don't have enough space in Dovenby workshop...

...don't know if they will open a new factory or they will be partnered to any local team!

Dont know about moving this activities, but they are searching for mechanics for WRC Academy events over whole Europe...

Allyc85
30th November 2010, 17:19
Dennis Kuipers will be doing 10 rounds in a Fiesta WRC next year!

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/165319/1/kuipers_to_pilot_fiesta_wrc.html

MJW
30th November 2010, 17:37
Dennis Kuipers will be doing 10 rounds in a Fiesta WRC next year!

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/165319/1/kuipers_to_pilot_fiesta_wrc.html
Bet Quensel is re-thinking his strategy now.....

Josti
30th November 2010, 18:01
All the luck to him of course, but...

I know 2010 was a learning year for him, but his pace (or rather off pace...) in S2000 shows indication that he won't be capable of being a real threath. He might level with Wilson.

Both Abbring an Weijs Jr. are much more promising, but no money means no drive. Hope seeing at least one of them in SWRC.

alleskids
30th November 2010, 21:04
Kuipers should have kept the Fiesta S2000, learn a bit more, and do the 2011 S-WRC. It is nice that a Dutch driver has the budget to join the Happy 18 WRCar Drivers Club (4x DS3, 12x Fiesta and 2 Countryman) but Ipatec would score more publicity with Weijs or Abbring, or Kuipers in S-WRC.

alleskids
30th November 2010, 21:31
Has Kuipers bought the Fiesta S2000, or was it rented from M-Sport?

Bobcat
1st December 2010, 01:25
I think a rent deal is the most likely answer.

Roy
1st December 2010, 08:25
Has Kuipers bought the Fiesta S2000, or was it rented from M-Sport?

Rented for sure. Reg. plate is one indication: MM 59 ORT, stand for M-Sport
http://www.autosportvision.nl/filesystem/img/news/large/WRC-19042010-KUIPERS.JPG

pucky54
1st December 2010, 13:40
He was driving with many different cars, it was rented

GigiGalliNo1
2nd December 2010, 00:30
Kuipers...... who is he?!

But this is GREAT news!

Bobcat
2nd December 2010, 18:04
M-Sport moves into Poland http://www.maxrally.com/news/entry/m-sport_moves_into_poland/

Leon
3rd December 2010, 10:27
Toyota confirms sportscar return

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88559

no wrc?

3rd December 2010, 11:26
Hmm, not so promising for WRC. It's only engine supply, but still looks like they're going to sportscars.

AndyRAC
3rd December 2010, 11:35
Hmm, not so promising for WRC. It's only engine supply, but still looks like they're going to sportscars.

Looks like Toyota in Japan have won - they wanted a Sportscars programme, TTE wanted a Rally programme. The Rallying obviously still isn't attractive to them.
So, for 2011 we have Ford, Citroen, eventually Mini, then......... :rolleyes:

Allar
3rd December 2010, 21:59
There are some roumours that Ott Tänak is very close to getting a factory seat in 2012. In Ford. ByeBye Mikko then?

Francis44
3rd December 2010, 22:02
I dont see Mikko getting ditched by Ford, but hey who knows. If they do get Ott Tanak probably means a 3 car team.

N.O.T
3rd December 2010, 22:26
There are some roumours that Ott Tänak is very close to getting a factory seat in 2012. In Ford. ByeBye Mikko then?

ditching mikko for tanak ?? Are you serious ??

Tomi
3rd December 2010, 22:34

it's still long time until april fools day

Roy
3rd December 2010, 22:40

HaHa! Why should Ford do that? Results and experience counts.

Raini
3rd December 2010, 22:44

It depends rather on next year's results in driving with S2000.

It is possible to drive Mini next year as well, but is very very unlikely at this moment. Somebody has just to turn down the contract, in that case there is a little chance to drive with Mini.

Josti
3rd December 2010, 23:44
Tänak has potential, but gaining experience is his priority. If results are there, a factory seat is possible in 2012, but I can't see him replacing Hirvonen (or Latvala) for that. Maybe as a part-time 3rd driver. But let's see what he can do in SWRC first.

Raini
4th December 2010, 07:41
Tänak has potential, but gaining experience is his priority. If results are there, a factory seat is possible in 2012, but I can't see him replacing Hirvonen (or Latvala) for that. Maybe as a part-time 3rd driver. But let's see what he can do in SWRC first.

Yes, Markko said that he is not ready yet for big boys, so gaining experience on every surface is priority,

J.Lindstroem
4th December 2010, 08:29
A points scoring factory seat to early can destroy a whole career. He has to gain experiance before being put under the pressure from the manufactor. A third car role for him would be ideal... But i dont know, that would be a total suprise for me!

cali
4th December 2010, 08:46
A points scoring factory seat to early can destroy a whole career. He has to gain experiance before being put under the pressure from the manufactor. A third car role for him would be ideal... But i dont know, that would be a total suprise for me!
Completely agree, I think most of estonian rallyfans have wishful thinking of Tänak getting a seat in a factory team. I think that he has to drive S2000 category at first, get good results and has to show excellent pace. Then we could talk about factory seat.

Tomi
4th December 2010, 09:00
Completely agree, I tink most of estonian rallyfans have wishful thinking of Tänak getting a seat in a factory team. I think that he has to drive S2000 category at first, get good results and has to show excellent pace. Then we could talk about factory seat.

agree, he has showed high potential sofar, but it's still too early to talk about factory seats.

Allar
4th December 2010, 09:43
Ott tänak sayd himself that when he dont succeed in SWRC nextyear he will try again in 2012, but if he succeed nextyear he will try his best to get seat in WRCar in 2012.

bt52b
4th December 2010, 11:09
2011 WRC Sporting Regulations and Appendices (english) - publié le: 03.12.2010
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/109E49B9DD01C9C2C12577EE0064D37A/$FILE/WRC%20Regs&Appx%202011.pdf

Rallyper
4th December 2010, 14:01
Ott tänak sayd himself that when he dont succeed in SWRC nextyear he will try again in 2012, but if he succeed nextyear he will try his best to get seat in WRCar in 2012.

But why not Tanak in a Ford. They will produce at least ten cars. Who´re gonna drive them all?

A 3rd car in Ford WRC factory team should definitly go to PG. No one else is that experienced and fast, today (without contract).

J.Lindstroem
4th December 2010, 14:40
A 3rd car in Ford WRC factory team should definitly go to PG. No one else is that experienced and fast, today (without contract).

Take of that swedish shirt for a while Rallyper! There are several drivers with the same experiance and speed.

Henning, Duval, Ostberg for example. Than i would say that both Ketomaa and Mikkelsen are more attractive even if they dont have the same experiance as PG.

Im sorry but PG has gone the same route as Rådström and Carlsson. (the route of being so close, but so far away)

Rallyper
4th December 2010, 15:15
Take of that swedish shirt for a while Rallyper! There are several drivers with the same experiance and speed.

Henning, Duval, Ostberg for example. Than i would say that both Ketomaa and Mikkelsen are more attractive even if they dont have the same experiance as PG.

Im sorry but PG has gone the same route as Rådström and Carlsson. (the route of being so close, but so far away)

Those named by you are drivers who already are occupied by teams, aren´t they? Or they are already pointed out in one way or another. Or just out because they are done (Duval).

Frankly speaking you dont have to be swedish saying PG should be there also!

;)

Juha_Koo
4th December 2010, 15:42
Don't know about factory team drive for Tänak, but somekind of Ford deal is totally possible... He's got indirect contacts with Ford. Mentor being Markko, ex-works Ford driver, Tänäk now driving Katap Racing's Fiesta, etc.

RS
4th December 2010, 16:37
Henning, Duval, Ostberg for example.

Do you really think Henning is as fast as PG? I'm not so conviced after the last year or two - maybe he'll find a new lease of life in the Fiesta. Same goes for Ostberg, although it's hard to tell as he's been in an Impreza.

PG is always blindingly fast in Sweden; hope he gets a good drive for there at least.

Allar
4th December 2010, 19:06
Tänak now driving Katap Racing's Fiesta, etc.
It's MM-Motorsports Fiesta now :s mokin:

I dont think Tänak wants WRC seat until he feels that he's ready for it!

Juha_Koo
4th December 2010, 19:58
It's MM-Motorsports Fiesta now :s mokin:

Yeah, my bad. Katap Racing bought a part of MM-Motorsport so I thought that they own the Fiesta, but actually it's owned by MM-Motorsport as you said.

bt52b
4th December 2010, 22:42
Proton may build an Evo X clone!!!
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/254437/

N.O.T
4th December 2010, 23:06
Proton may build an Evo X clone!!!
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/254437/

nothing new there...they did it before

ToughMac
4th December 2010, 23:54
nothing new there...they did it before

Certainly did, back in the late 90s when evo 2s and 3s were about. Wonder would there be much of a price difference with having a different badge on the bonnet?

pantealex
5th December 2010, 21:01
2011 WRC Sporting Regulations and Appendices (english) - publié le: 03.12.2010
http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/109E49B9DD01C9C2C12577EE0064D37A/$FILE/WRC%20Regs&Appx%202011.pdf

If I understand correctly: R4 cars are with SWRC not with PWRC
page13 4.2
page 14 4.6

jbmarcus21
5th December 2010, 21:16
News Rally 2011 with planetemarcus.com 2011 photos, videos, news...
http://planetemarcus.free.fr/newsrallyes2011.htm

alleskids
10th December 2010, 05:50
:) Peter van Merksteijn jr will drive for the Citroen junior team :) . Peter and Eddy Chevalier will do 10 WRC rallies: Sweden, Portugal, Jordanie, Italia, Acropolis, Germany, Australia, France, Spain and wales.

FabiaFan
10th December 2010, 06:46
:) Peter van Merksteijn jr will drive for the Citroen junior team :) . Peter and Eddy Chevalier will do 10 WRC rallies: Sweden, Portugal, Jordanie, Italia, Acropolis, Germany, Australia, France, Spain and wales. What!?!

MartijnS
10th December 2010, 06:55
Quite a big surprise, but its true. Team announced it in the biggest Dutch newspaper this morning.

His father is also planning some rounds in a DS3 WRC.

Roy
10th December 2010, 07:40
Strange! Big surprise! But true...

http://www.vm-motorsport.nl/en/news.php?BasicNieuwsItemID=572

But still no news about Weijs and Abbring... They are the hope for Dutch rallying. Let's this step of Citroen/ Merksteijn will be a start.

Nothing read about Citroen Junior team on website...

noel157
10th December 2010, 08:26
Interesting. That's Papa Wilson's turnover down a couple or 3 million € next season....

Yes, it would be good to see Weijs and Abbring get similar support.

MJW
10th December 2010, 08:45
Lets hope that there are going to be more than the stated 4 DS3's then, or if thats true that means no DS3 for Kimi and Petter.

Sulland
10th December 2010, 08:46
So how many DS3s will turn up in Sweden ?

are we now up to 5:

2 x Citroen
2 x Citroen Jr
1 x Merksteijn jr

Or will it be more !

rp
10th December 2010, 08:51
:) Peter van Merksteijn jr will drive for the Citroen junior team :) . Peter and Eddy Chevalier will do 10 WRC rallies: Sweden, Portugal, Jordanie, Italia, Acropolis, Germany, Australia, France, Spain and wales.

Nothing against Peter, but it shows only that money still talks next season. There is only limited amount of the new World Rally Cars available and now drivers like van Merksteijns and Kuipers (Fiesta WRC) are able to drive one of these machines. It seems that nothing has changed and if Citroen has only four DS3 WRC Petter or Kimi or both are out of the WRC 2011...

MJW
10th December 2010, 08:54
Nothing against Peter, but it shows only that money still talks next season. There is only limited amount of the new World Rally Cars available and now drivers like van Merksteijns and Kuipers (Fiesta WRC) are able to drive one of these machines. It seems that nothing has changed and if Citroen has only four DS3 WRC Petter or Kimi or both are out of the WRC 2011...
Exactly! It's business, but it will be a shame if Kuipers and Van Merkestein take these cars, Rauntenbach and Warmbold syndrome lives, but in those days there were more cars available. Its a shame technical rules were so late to restrict the supply of competitive cars for 2011.

Roy
10th December 2010, 08:56
Interesting. That's Papa Wilson's turnover down a couple or 3 million € next season....

Don't forget M-sport get's money from [who?] for Fiesta R2 in FIA WRC Academy. ;)

Hartusvuori
10th December 2010, 10:20
So how many DS3s will turn up in Sweden ?

are we now up to 5:

2 x Citroen
2 x Citroen Jr
1 x Merksteijn jr

Or will it be more !

As I understand from the press release, van Merksteijn is to be counted as one of the CJT drivers, so that's only Loeb, Ogier and van Merksteijn comfirmed for DS3 WRC drive so far.

And like said, money talks. Hopefully we'll see some more competetive names get money for a WRC drive as well, and of course plenty of S2000s as well.

MikeD
10th December 2010, 10:38

But still no news about Weijs and Abbring... They are the hope for Dutch rallying. Let's this step of Citroen/ Merksteijn will be a start.

Regarding the article, then it sais that "Citroën Racing" is running/preparing the DS3 WRC car for PvM Jr. in 2011. Isn't it PH-Sport that are running the Citroën Jr. Team? ... I am pretty sure they have the last 2-3 years.

Rallyper
10th December 2010, 10:53
Exactly! It's business, but it will be a shame if Kuipers and Van Merkestein take these cars, Rauntenbach and Warmbold syndrome lives, but in those days there were more cars available. Its a shame technical rules were so late to restrict the supply of competitive cars for 2011.

If this means what we fear, it´s the biggest joke of all motorsports! :eek: :mad:

This can´t be true to be honest.

Those responsible for such decisions should not be allowed to participate!!!!

We have so many topdrivers waiting for a seat and this is the outcome! EeeeeeKK!!

RICARDO75
10th December 2010, 10:56

Good for him, but I think he will be beaten by top drivers with S2000.
The text also says that his father will be doing some events with the DS3.

Roy
10th December 2010, 11:04
If this means what we fear, it´s the biggest joke of all motorsports! :eek: :mad:

This can´t be true to be honest.

Those responsible for such decisions should not be allowed to participate!!!!

We have so many topdrivers waiting for a seat and this is the outcome! EeeeeeKK!!

Peter Jr is not that bad... But indeed there are drivers with more talent.
I am glad because one reason: This gives exposure to WRC in Nederland.

I know it is bad for talent drivers like Solberg and maybe other talents who want take a step forward. True.

mm1
10th December 2010, 11:23
Van Merksteijn is not "that" bad, yeah right, Mathew needs competition :) , but I`m not sure he will chalenge even Mathew. Sad times for WRC, Quesnel and Wilson rule the WRC.

Josti
10th December 2010, 11:23
Peter Jr. had potential, and I would've rated him higher than Kuipers had he not been out of competition for a whole year. I'm not sure how to rate him now, but good luck to him.

The ironic thing to me is that finally some Dutch drivers take "prominence" in the World Rally Championship, but they aren't the ones you've hoped for, nor the most talented. But it's good for exposure because Loeb winning a rally or a championship doesn't go down the papers here.

Roy
10th December 2010, 11:29
Peter Jr. had potential, and I would've rated him higher than Kuipers had he not been out of competition for a whole year. I'm not sure how to rate him now, but good luck to him.

The ironic thing to me is that finally some Dutch drivers take "prominence" in the World Rally Championship, but they aren't the ones you've hoped for, nor the most talented. But it's good for exposure because Loeb winning a rally or a championship doesn't go down the papers here.

:up: spot on

I am evil Homer
10th December 2010, 11:41
Lets hope that there are going to be more than the stated 4 DS3's then, or if thats true that means no DS3 for Kimi and Petter.

Has Quesnel ever said "we're only building 4 cars"....not to my knowledge. Running only 4 themselves maybe but no one actually knows for certain

ProRally
10th December 2010, 11:54
For the first part of the season only 4 DS3WRC cars for sure :
1 Loeb
2 Ogier
3 ???
4 Van Merkensteijn

Rallyper
10th December 2010, 12:08
Peter Jr is not that bad... But indeed there are drivers with more talent.
I am glad because one reason: This gives exposure to WRC in Nederland.

I know it is bad for talent drivers like Solberg and maybe other talents who want take a step forward. True.

Sure it´s good for Netherlands but I dont want WRC to decrease to be a natinal championship for NL.
But thats what its gonna be NL and France. maybe thats what Todt wants.

Big shame on how everything rules right now. Because the outcome is because of many different occasions that has been ruled out wrong.

Tom206wrc
10th December 2010, 13:21
I'm speechless and I don't know what to think about the arrival of Van Merksteijn Jr at Citroën Racing :rolleyes:

mm1
10th December 2010, 13:41
It`s disappointment :)

MJW
10th December 2010, 14:09
I'm speechless and I don't know what to think about the arrival of Van Merksteijn Jr at Citroën Racing :rolleyes:
Having looked at the entry of Monte Carlo with Solberg x 2, PG, Atko etc on that and look at potentially Seb X2 + JML & MH in wrc with the wealthy gentlemen drivers occupying the few new top cars available I am very disappointed in WRC, for the very first time I think IRC is more "sporting". With this news WRC has confirmed to me that it is now a rich tourist series.

Brother John
10th December 2010, 14:34
. Sad times for WRC, Quesnel and Wilson rule the WRC.

You mean they rule also the FIA when i´ts about WRC. I try to say this already for years here! :p :

JAM
10th December 2010, 14:47
for the very first time I think IRC is more "sporting". With this news WRC has confirmed to me that it is now a rich tourist series.

Completly agree, but no from now on. It cames from last year.

RS
10th December 2010, 15:02
Surely that spare Citroen seat has to go to Petter.

Perhaps PSA/Red Bull should send Kimi to IRC for a year where he can learn how to drive and for a bit less $$$.

PLuto
10th December 2010, 15:56
No S2000 with 1.6 Turbo in regional championships in 2011 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11444

NiekJ
10th December 2010, 15:59
Let's see it from the bright side, Merksteijn's, Kuipers entry brings a lot of money for Citroen and Ford which they can invest in more cars or payed drivers. Besides, it will take the sport to a new level in the Netherlands, which, at the moment, is not really rally minded. I am sure the last DS3 will go to Petter if he can find some sponsorship.

I am evil Homer
10th December 2010, 16:08
Indeed it seems to me the loser is likely to be Kimi.

Tom206wrc
10th December 2010, 16:08
Let's see it from the bright side, Merksteijn's, Kuipers entry brings a lot of money for Citroen and Ford which they can invest in more cars or payed drivers. Besides, it will take the sport to a new level in the Netherlands, which, at the moment, is not really rally minded. I am sure the last DS3 will go to Petter if he can find some sponsorship.

Because with Al Qassimi Ford/M-Sport didn't get enough money :confused:

NiekJ
10th December 2010, 16:33
Because with Al Qassimi Ford/M-Sport didn't get enough money :confused:

You're right, it's all about the $$$ off course, but one guy entering WRC doesn't mean it's always at the expense of another one. IMO it is likely we just have an extra WRC to watch. What's bad about that?

Rallyper
10th December 2010, 16:35
Indeed it seems to me the loser is likely to be Kimi.

The looser isnt Kimi. He can sit at his home and laugh all the way to bank, and also looking at all other offers from other motorsports. If Kimi wants to drive he´ll do it.

The looser is WRC and the public eg. us. We want drivers worth the name and not more tourists.

Allyc85
10th December 2010, 16:40
The looser isnt Kimi. He can sit at his home and laugh all the way to bank, and also looking at all other offers from other motorsports. If Kimi wants to drive he´ll do it.

The looser is WRC and the public eg. us. We want drivers worth the name and not more tourists.

Fully agreed!

We dont want the sport becoming full of rich boys getting drives because of their dads, we go to watch the very best in the world!

Barreis
10th December 2010, 16:41
+1

NiekJ
10th December 2010, 17:21
Fully agreed!

We dont want the sport becoming full of rich boys getting drives because of their dads, we go to watch the very best in the world!

And we do! We have Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, Solberg, Sordo, Solberg2, Meeke etc. We now have a few more. What's a WRC with only 8 drivers? And hey, give them a change, they both proved to be quite competetive.

Josti
10th December 2010, 17:26

I agree, but the championship lacks manufacturers for that. CJT is a semi-works team so having a pay driver ain't unlogical.

Motorsportfun
10th December 2010, 18:37

We could have paid drivers (if there's new manufacturers... maybe VW and Saab) and tourists (private teams are for them!)... :)

J.Lindstroem
11th December 2010, 07:39
It would be better with Wilson jr in the DS3. At least he has been in the top 10.

ToughMac
11th December 2010, 11:50
Would van Merksteijn have a different motive? Would it be possible that they have nominated themselves (Peter Snr and Peter jr) just to secure the two DS3s? Could be a bit like Stobart and they bring in specalist drives as they need them. This could be more than just black and white.

alleskids
11th December 2010, 12:27
Commercial wise it would be a hell of a deal if Van Merksteijn adopted Petter Solberg. Peter sr picks the rallies he likes, and let Petter drive the other ones. It would increase the advertisment exposure with 10.000% compared to driving themselfs, not only in Nederland, but al over Europe, and open many markets.
And it saved time for Citroen Racing with repainting the purple car many times in 2011 :) . Painted purple in januari and keep it purple all year long.

Tom206wrc
11th December 2010, 14:30
And we do! We have Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, Solberg, Sordo, Solberg2, Meeke etc. We now have a few more. What's a WRC with only 8 drivers? And hey, give them a change, they both proved to be quite competetive.

Sordo + Meeke only for a few selected events in 2011 :mark:

rp
11th December 2010, 17:04
What the h...! Apparently one Mini is driving by Daniel Olivieira. The driver who was at the same level in the IRC like Burcu Çetinkaya. There was no speed at all and now he will competing at the top level.

Yes. It is possible to take poinst, because after top five (and later top seven): Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, Østberg, (Meeke, Sordo) there is only Wilson, Villagra, Al Qassimi, van Merksteyn Jr., van Merksteyn Sr., Block, Kuipers...

Will the WRC 2011 season be the ultimate nightmare....?

bluuford
11th December 2010, 17:38
What the h...! Apparently one Mini is driving by Daniel Olivieira. The driver who was at the same level in the IRC like Burcu Çetinkaya. There was no speed at all and now he will competing at the top level.

Yes. It is possible to take poinst, because after top five (and later top seven): Loeb, Ogier, Hirvonen, Latvala, Østberg, (Meeke, Sordo) there is only Wilson, Villagra, Al Qassimi, van Merksteyn Jr., van Merksteyn Sr., Block, Kuipers...

Do not worry, go to Sweden, to the first corner of first SS, bring a big rope, some shovels and good camera friend with you. You are going to have a lot of fun and memories later :-P

RS
11th December 2010, 18:37
Hmmm, didn't think WRCars getting cheaper would mean more crappy pay drivers than ever!

HaCo
11th December 2010, 18:43
Hmmm, didn't think WRCars getting cheaper would mean more crappy pay drivers than ever!
Exactly what I was thinking. :(

rp
11th December 2010, 18:55
Do not worry, go to Sweden, to the first corner of first SS, bring a big rope, some shovels and good camera friend with you. You are going to have a lot of fun and memories later :-P

No way. Maybe some memories, but definitely I would like to see all the best drivers competing in the WRC and not only top seven if other good drivers are at home and some rich boys are playing with the big toys.

I was planning the trip to Sweden, but it seems that there is no sense and better to start planning to follow some IRC and Slowly Sideways events...!

bluuford
11th December 2010, 19:04
No way. Maybe some memories, but definitely I would like to see all the best drivers competing in the WRC and not only top seven if other good drivers are at home and some rich boys are playing with the big toys.

I was planning the trip to Sweden, but it seems that there is no sense and better to start planning to follow some IRC and Slowly Sideways events...!

Yeah, generally you are right. Even SWRC is not present in Sweden. Hopefully PWRC will have a very strong field in PWRC.

Woodeye
12th December 2010, 09:16

To answer your last question: yes. And I think it's ok to cut Östberg out from top five, its gonna be top four competing next year. Top three, if Mikko continues with this years pace.

Rally is going to be even more niche sport. Not exactly the way to go...

AndyRAC
12th December 2010, 12:57
To answer your last question: yes. And I think it's ok to cut Östberg out from top five, its gonna be top four competing next year. Top three, if Mikko continues with this years pace.

Rally is going to be even more niche sport. Not exactly the way to go...

Hmm, yet we are told 2011 is the start of a new era for WRC. Do they think we are all fools.....???
Where are all the other Manufacturers...???? I don't want rumours, just cold, hard facts...!!!

Francis44
12th December 2010, 13:17
C'mon who didn't saw this coming?! If the prices to run those cars are cheaper now, yet more drivers with money will be able to get a seat. You thought cheaper cars would bring less paying drivers?! This will only change when the manufacters themselfs start to invest more money in the sport.

MrMetro
12th December 2010, 13:36
You see, this is why I wanted normal Super 2000 cars for the top-flight of rallying. I personally think Citroen and Ford have messed it up, as I believe they were the ones pushing for WRcars again. Things could of been simple, but the WRC dosen't 'do' simple it seems.

Thank goodness for the IRC.

pantealex
12th December 2010, 18:57
Van Merksteijn jr. will skip Mexico, Argentina and Finland

What about the others:
How many races will they do and witch?
Kuipers
Block
Östberg
Villagra
Al-Qassimi
Others with WRC

Mini is starting from Sardinia? Where else will they race?

Some of this info is already here, but I don´t want to read maybe 50 pages back.

I think in Sweden we will have 14 WRC, but in Mexico and Argentiina maybe only 6-8 WRC. Sardinia could be first witch have over 15 WRC in startline.

PLuto
12th December 2010, 19:49
I think we will be happy if in Sweden will be 10 WRC...

ProRally
12th December 2010, 20:30
Van Merksteijn jr. will skip Mexico, Argentina and Finland

What about the others:
How many races will they do and witch?
Kuipers
Block
Östberg
Villagra
Al-Qassimi
Others with WRC

Mini is starting from Sardinia? Where else will they race?

Some of this info is already here, but I don´t want to read maybe 50 pages back.

I think in Sweden we will have 14 WRC, but in Mexico and Argentiina maybe only 6-8 WRC. Sardinia could be first witch have over 15 WRC in startline.

Ken Block will do all WRC events

alleskids
12th December 2010, 21:07
Kuipers 10.
Mini will not debut the Countryman before Sardinia? Araujo and Oliviera have plans to do Rally Portugal with the car :confused:

PLuto
12th December 2010, 21:44
Homologation of Mini should be 1.3.2011

J4MIE
12th December 2010, 22:51
So, if there is only a certain number of WRC 1.6 cars that can be built for the start of 2011, are WRCs of the past still to run in the meantime, and if so what kind of handicap will they get, if anything?

Mirek
13th December 2010, 00:20
2.0 WRC are not allowed anymore.

ProRally
13th December 2010, 07:25
Kuipers 10.
Mini will not debut the Countryman before Sardinia? Araujo and Oliviera have plans to do Rally Portugal with the car :confused:

Official factory car might debut in Sardinia, private cars can start day of homologation.

rp
13th December 2010, 08:54
Ken Block will do all WRC events

It was said that all the events except Finland, bacause the X-Games...

AndyRAC
13th December 2010, 11:09
2.0 WRC are not allowed anymore.

So why don't they 'grand-father' them to boost entries? 10/12 S1.6T WRC's is hardly great is it?

MJW
13th December 2010, 11:49
So why don't they 'grand-father' them to boost entries? 10/12 S1.6T WRC's is hardly great is it?
Do you think Citroen and Ford would allow that?! there is a risk of the old car being faster than the new ones.

AndyRAC
13th December 2010, 12:32
Do you think Citroen and Ford would allow that?! there is a risk of the old car being faster than the new ones.

That's why you grand-father them. Restrict the BHP, smaller restrictor, etc do whatever so they don't threaten the 'chosen ones'.
Never mind, a dozen S1.6T will suffice....... ;)

PLuto
13th December 2010, 19:00
No S2000 with 1.6 Turbo in regional championships in 2011 - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11444

And three days later situation is completely different - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11460

JAM
13th December 2010, 19:31
And three days later situation is completely different - http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=11460

Are you sure?

Shouldn't Mini be a WRC? And Fiesta and also DS3?

The rule wasn't to the S2000 like Peugeot 207, Skoda Fabia, etc?

PLuto
13th December 2010, 19:33
Fiesta, DS3 and Mini will be WRC, for sure. But this cars will be only for WRC events.

But I am talking about S2000 with 1.6 turbo engine, which is completely different.

urabus-denoS2000
13th December 2010, 19:43
Too much complicating , not good at all in my opinion ...

Mirek
13th December 2010, 19:57
But I am talking about S2000 with 1.6 turbo engine, which is completely different.

It's not completely different, just slightly. Anyway it may cause a lot of problems...

OldF
13th December 2010, 20:49

And it seems to be official also. Restrictor size is not still decided (page 10-11).

http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/64A99AF40010F141C12577F8005E4F53/$FILE/2011_RRR_Regs&Appx.pdf

PLuto
13th December 2010, 20:51
Yes, thats why I wrote the article. Also notice about postponing till 2012 in official press release of FIA after WMSC meeting last Friday was surprisingly deleted...

vkangas
13th December 2010, 21:38
Does anybody know what has happened with Ketomaa/FCACA? It looked promising as next year was confirmed, but yesterday Tomi Tuominen (blog comments) said that Ketomaa has no team for next year..

JAM
14th December 2010, 01:24

Yes, but the translation of your article talks about pressures from David Richards... What was his interest in allowing the S2000 1.6T in regional championships? Without these cars he could sell a few more Mini's...

But in fact, the 4.1 (eligeble cars) refers de S2000 1.6T...

Rallyper
14th December 2010, 04:02
Loeb is testing his DS3 in Sweden this week.

http://www.vk.se/Article.jsp?article=402938

wwbroe
14th December 2010, 07:14
Yes, but the translation of your article talks about pressures from David Richards... What was his interest in allowing the S2000 1.6T in regional championships? Without these cars he could sell a few more Mini's...

Because they have also Superproduction Mini to sell, maybe that is why they put this kind of effort into this?

PLuto
14th December 2010, 11:49

Richards has big interest in allowing the S2000 1.6T in regional championships. Bigger, than in WRC. Because he wants to finance his WRC programme from selling this cars to regional championships...

JAM
14th December 2010, 12:39
Richards has big interest in allowing the S2000 1.6T in regional championships. Bigger, than in WRC. Because he wants to finance his WRC programme from selling this cars to regional championships...

PLuto, i'm confused. Which cars has Richards interest?

The Mini to private teams? But the car shouldn't be a WRC downgraded? :confused:

wwbroe
14th December 2010, 15:01
PLuto, i'm confused. Which cars has Richards interest?

The Mini to private teams? But the car shouldn't be a WRC downgraded? :confused:

Yes, it is downgraded WRC Mini, but with smaller restrictor, less aerodynamics and some other changes. It is called superproduction car. It still has 1.6T engine tough and will compete against S2000 in this case. :( The idea was to make that happen at beginning of 2012 season, but now, under influence of Dave Richards, FIA came back on their earlier decision and they will be allowed in regional championships at beginning of 2011 allready. That will create major problems for rallies who have both IRC and ERC status. As IRC will not allow these type of car in their championship i am afraid those rally's will have to choose between IRC and ERC. :(

CABAIO E'LONA
14th December 2010, 16:19
Does anybody know what has happened with Ketomaa/FCACA? It looked promising as next year was confirmed, but yesterday Tomi Tuominen (blog comments) said that Ketomaa has no team for next year..

a shame, I had expectations of seeing at Ketomaa in a WRC...

OldF
15th December 2010, 10:09
The sporting regulations for regional championships have disappeared from the FIA’s web site. However the link is still working http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public..._Regs&Appx.pdf (http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/64A99AF40010F141C12577F8005E4F53/$FILE/2011_RRR_Regs&Appx.pdf). There must be something going on behind the scenes.

JAM
15th December 2010, 12:47
Yes, it is downgraded WRC Mini, but with smaller restrictor, less aerodynamics and some other changes. It is called superproduction car. It still has 1.6T engine tough and will compete against S2000 in this case. :( The idea was to make that happen at beginning of 2012 season, but now, under influence of Dave Richards, FIA came back on their earlier decision and they will be allowed in regional championships at beginning of 2011 allready. That will create major problems for rallies who have both IRC and ERC status. As IRC will not allow these type of car in their championship i am afraid those rally's will have to choose between IRC and ERC. :(

I don't understand the interest of Richards. If the S2000 1.6T could run on the regional championships, then he could sell less Mini's WRC to that championships.... don't? :confused:

morganmilan
15th December 2010, 12:51
I don't understand the interest of Richards. If the S2000 1.6T could run on the regional championships, then he could sell less Mini's WRC to that championships.... don't? :confused:
He could sell no wrc cars at all. They aren´t allowed to run regional championships!! Selling s2000 1.6T cars is a way to get budget to run wrc championship with more guarantees to succeed :)

JAM
15th December 2010, 13:40
He could sell no wrc cars at all. They aren´t allowed to run regional championships!! Selling s2000 1.6T cars is a way to get budget to run wrc championship with more guarantees to succeed :)

But Richards sells Mini's, and the Mini is a WRC, not a S2000 1.6T... or not?

morganmilan
15th December 2010, 13:48
But Richards sells Mini's, and the Mini is a WRC, not a S2000 1.6T... or not?
Both of them!! Mini BMW wants to homologate a WRC on one hand, and a s2000 1.6T on the other. Two versions of the same car

JAM
15th December 2010, 13:51
Both of them!! Mini BMW wants to homologate a WRC on one hand, and a s2000 1.6T on the other. Two versions of the same car

Ahhh, ok :D

But is still possible to homologate S2000? From January 1st will be impossible. And the 1.6T will be a kind of extension to an existing S2000 homologation.

OldF
15th December 2010, 14:28
Ahhh, ok :D

But is still possible to homologate S2000? From January 1st will be impossible. And the 1.6T will be a kind of extension to an existing S2000 homologation.

Only S2000 with 1.6T engine.

The price of a super production Mini is 346.000 £ (~ 405.000 €). The super production Mini can be upgraded to a WRC Mini by replacing the rear wing to a bigger one, replacing the front bumper, replacing the fly wheel to lighter one, bigger front brakes with water cooling and a 33 mm restrictor.

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Mini-rally-car-sales-package.pdf

I remember it’s said that the price of the new WRC cars will be about 2/3 of the 2010 WRC. Wilson has said that the cost of the latest Focus WRC was about 600.000 £ (~ 703.000 €). Two third of that is 464.000 €. The difference of a WRC and a super production would be by this be 464.000 € - 405.000 € = 59.000 € and this would be the price for bigger rear wing, revised front bumper, bigger front brakes, flywheel and 33 mm restrictor with ECU update. This is of course just speculating but IMO about 50.000-60.000 € for the WRC kit could be a realistic price.

For a driver that competes mostly in regional championships and occasionally in WRC events, this concept is more cost effective compared to buy a S2000 (2-litre NA engine) and rent a WRC car for the WRC events.

I think the price difference between the super production and the WRC version is not going to be so big, and therefore DR is interested in selling the super production version of the Mini.

wwbroe
15th December 2010, 14:31
Excellent explenation OldF, i think there are several people that don't know the difference between new WRC car and Superproduction car.

OldF
15th December 2010, 14:38
Excellent explenation OldF, i think there are several people that don't know the difference between new WRC car and Superproduction car.

Thanks wwbroe :) .

navtheace
15th December 2010, 14:57
2011 looks like a year of too many categories of cars.

The FIA need to get tough and just stop this fragmentation of rallying with a category to please every one who wants to take part.

R categories only after 2011 and other categories are allowed but no new homologations to be issued so they natually fade out over time.

if only!

JAM
15th December 2010, 16:33
What is a diference between S2000 1.6T and a SP derived from a WRC?

You will excuse-me, but i'm still confused... :confused:

I had un understandment about this. In 2011 we would have WRC cars (1.6T) and SP cars (WRC downgraded) and S2000 cars (S2000 engine), and to mantain the actual S2000 competitive, would be possible to extend the homologation of these cars (existent S2000) with a 1.6T engine. That was my understandment of these new regulations... but it seems that i'm wrong.

Then is possible to homologate a WRc car, and the downgred it to SP but as a S2000 homologation?

PLuto
15th December 2010, 17:09
Hmm, it is difficult.

Since 2011 you can homologate WRC.
Since 2011 you can homologate S2000, but only with 1.6T engine.
Since 2011 you cannot homologate new S2000 with old type of atmospheric engine
In 2011 you still can upgrade homologations of "old" S2000 cars.

OldF
15th December 2010, 17:18
SP = S2000 1.6T = downgraded WRC. I don’t know if super production is yet an official name but Prodrive use that for their S2000 1.6T.

In 2011 it’s possible to use a S2000 with 2-litre NA engine or a S2000 1.6 litre Turbo engine. The difference is that the S2000 with a 2-litre NA engine must have been homologated before 1.1.2011.

From 1.1.2011 new S2000 homologations are only possible with a 1.6T engine.

Current S2000 homologated before 1.1.2011:
They can continue in 2011 with the 2-litre NA engine and homologate new parts next year. It’s also possible to replace the NA engine with a 1.6T engine.

New S2000 homologated from 1.1.2011:
Only 1.6T engine is possible.

In 2011 SWRC it’s only possible to use S2000 with 2-litre NA engine. In regional championships it’s possible to use a S2000 with a 2-litre NA engine (car homologated before 1.1.2011) or a S2000 with a 1.6T engine (car homologated 1.1.2011 or later).

The case with regional championships seems to be little unclear though as I posted earlier.

The sporting regulations for regional championships have disappeared from the FIA’s web site. However the link is still working http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public..._Regs&Appx.pdf (http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/64A99AF40010F141C12577F8005E4F53/$FILE/2011_RRR_Regs&Appx.pdf). There must be something going on behind the scenes.

Mirek
15th December 2010, 17:27
Yes, basically all cars are S2000, even WRC cars. Their rules just include some additional features mentioned before but majority of the rules is same.

JAM
15th December 2010, 17:47
SP = S2000 1.6T = downgraded WRC. I don’t know if super production is yet an official name but Prodrive use that for their S2000 1.6T.

That was my first and permanent doubt. The difference between SPM and S2000 1.6T, if it exists...

The question about be possible in 2011 to homologate new S2000 that must have 1.6T, is completly new to me. Part of my confusion was there

IMO these regulations are not simple neither clear.

Thank you guys by your help :up:

COD
15th December 2010, 17:54

Rumours say financial problems with the team...