PDA

View Full Version : [WRC] News & rumours (part II)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Tomi
10th November 2009, 08:50
BUT maybe the easiest and like this dad did not have to pay anything, if he went a different way he has to find budget.

Yes, but what is a deal worth if you get no test and drives, even you get paid? At this phase in carreer, absolutely nothing, you know that for sure, if anyone.
Like I said, back then they had other options too, that would have left them self in charge of the future.

bluuford
10th November 2009, 08:51
Well I have followed Alen a little. And must say that he is better driver than most of the people can imagine. He has a crap car and no testing. But have you seen his commitment on stages? I have, and it looks good. Fiat is not the car to compare on gravel and without testing... I have seen drivers who were quite fast with GrN car and then they did some testing with Punto and rally and they were slower with S2000. That is not normal.

Anyway, it is news and rumors section, please continue your arguing somewhere else.

noel157
10th November 2009, 10:09
Well I have followed Alen a little. And must say that he is better driver than most of the people can imagine. He has a crap car and no testing. But have you seen his commitment on stages? I have, and it looks good. Fiat is not the car to compare on gravel and without testing... I have seen drivers who were quite fast with GrN car and then they did some testing with Punto and rally and they were slower with S2000. That is not normal.

Anyway, it is news and rumors section, please continue your arguing somewhere else.

I think Alen has more talent than most give him credit for. It's the car and the deal that has hurt his career, not the man's ability behind the wheel.

Koppomsbo
10th November 2009, 13:41
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vf.se%2FSport%2FVarmland%2FGron holms-comeback-091109.aspx&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

J.Lindstroem
10th November 2009, 13:51
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vf.se%2FSport%2FVarmland%2FGron holms-comeback-091109.aspx&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=

"Ett tvåbilsteam med Marcus skulle kunna vara mycket kul. A tvåbilsteam with Marcus would be much fun!"

:D

Great translation by Google. Green Holm!

chryby
10th November 2009, 16:08
some pictures of fabia s2000 evo II:

http://www.sport5.cz/content/view/4939/351/

Francis44
10th November 2009, 18:09

WOW you can actually see a difference!!!!

urabus-denoS2000
10th November 2009, 20:07
Well it is notably wider

Cloverleaf
10th November 2009, 22:10

Why do they call it Evo II? Is there an Evo I ?

Juha_Koo
10th November 2009, 22:19
Why do they call it Evo II? Is there an Evo I ?

Well, I guess they call it Evo II because it is the second evolution of the car... Surprisingly... *insert a picture of Captain Obvious here*

noel157
11th November 2009, 00:14
Well, I guess they call it Evo II because it is the second evolution of the car... Surprisingly... *insert a picture of Captain Obvious here*

Has there already been an evolution of the original Fabia?

Helstar
11th November 2009, 05:42
Tomi, you are all too quick to jump down the throat of any foreign driver who complains, yet when the boot is on the other foot..
I have no doubt there is some truth in what you say, but at the same time Anton probably would have been given more events (on asphalt) if he had exhibited any kind of pace there, but this year he wasn't even very quick or reliable on gravel. Look at the kind of fast progress that Hanninen made on asphalt in comparison.
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ps. I never called "dishonest" anybody, Tomi. Don't do that again, I don't like it, thanks.

Rally_Rocks
11th November 2009, 07:41
Anton Allen is one of many very talented young Finnish drivers, unfortunately, no more than that. He has underperformed in IRC and you can debate the reasons for that forever. I'd have to say I was frankly amazed that Raikonnen got into a sister car in Finland and outperformed Allen. My best memory of Allen is the group N battle between him and Flodin in NORF 2006. They were incredibly evenly matched and the battle went down to the wire. I rate Flodin very highly and would put Allen no higher than him in terms if potential. My bet is Nikkara will be the next flying Fin, and Allen will slowly fade to join the likes of Tuohino and Passonen as could have beens.

bluuford
11th November 2009, 08:00
Anton Allen is one of many very talented young Finnish drivers, unfortunately, no more than that. He has underperformed in IRC and you can debate the reasons for that forever. I'd have to say I was frankly amazed that Raikonnen got into a sister car in Finland and outperformed Allen. My best memory of Allen is the group N battle between him and Flodin in NORF 2006. They were incredibly evenly matched and the battle went down to the wire. I rate Flodin very highly and would put Allen no higher than him in terms if potential. My bet is Nikkara will be the next flying Fin, and Allen will slowly fade to join the likes of Tuohino and Passonen as could have beens.

Alen was 1:32 in front before Raikkonen went off

cali
11th November 2009, 08:08
Tomi, you are all too quick to jump down the throat of any foreign driver who complains, yet when the boot is on the other foot..

Well, this is sort of a finnish way here in the forum since nobody else cannot drive fast. Loeb is born somewhere in another planet, so the fastest guy on planet Earth actually is a finn. :D

Rally_Rocks
11th November 2009, 08:38
I'm talking about performance and not result. Raikkonen on the second pass, once he got going, was easily a match for Allen

Tomi
11th November 2009, 08:40
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Ps. I never called "dishonest" anybody, Tomi. Don't do that again, I don't like it, thanks.

No, you said be honest for once, that mean the same, im still waiting what in that what i wrote was not true.

rsmith16
11th November 2009, 09:12
Has there already been an evolution of the original Fabia?

I know I'm being pedantic about this but I guess it's been "numbered" in the same way as the Lancer Evo's... We're now onto the Evo10 but it's only the 9th "upgrade" from the orginal Lancer...

Sulland
11th November 2009, 10:03
Would be cool to see Alen Jr in a 207 or a Fabia, just to see how far behind the Abarth has come.

The only ones that has been able to set competitive times in the Abarth this year is Basso and Rossetti, and I think that is more due to the driver than the car.....
Abarth need to do some real upgrades for 2010 !

Or a WRCar in Sweden maybe ??

JAM
11th November 2009, 13:45
Basso and Rossetti had decent exibitions in some rallies, because they were driving a works car. Since the Punto S1600 that the Abarth cars are the only ones who are competitive. All the private cars (with material from Abarth) are very far from it.

Roy
11th November 2009, 14:07
Just for your intrest:

http://www.fiestasporttrophy.com/index.php/component/remository/func-startdown/30/

http://www.fiestasporttrophy.com/index.php/component/remository/func-startdown/29/

Cloverleaf
11th November 2009, 15:22
I know I'm being pedantic about this but I guess it's been "numbered" in the same way as the Lancer Evo's... We're now onto the Evo10 but it's only the 9th "upgrade" from the orginal Lancer...
The first evo is named as "Lancer Evoultion", the evolution of the standart Lancer.
That is different.
There is the first incarnation of Fabia S2000, which is called "fabia s2000". If there is an evolved version of the first incarnation you call it Fabia S2000 Evoultion. If there is an evolved version of the evolved version you call it Evolution 2,.....

Sulland
11th November 2009, 16:00
Basso and Rossetti had decent exibitions in some rallies, because they were driving a works car. Since the Punto S1600 that the Abarth cars are the only ones who are competitive. All the private cars (with material from Abarth) are very far from it.

That is the best way of taking yourself out of business. The things you sell need to be same spec as the factory, or very close !

Helstar
11th November 2009, 17:36
No, you said be honest for once, that mean the same, im still waiting what in that what i wrote was not true.
You are defending the undefendable. Alen will not ever be a winner and you still find every excuse to make him appear a better driver than he is.
And no, that didn't mean what you want to mean (because you only wanted to flame with me). Everybody understood the sense of that phrase, except you (on purpose).

dimviii
11th November 2009, 17:56
Don t think that Allen is something special in terms of speed.
All we have see from him in norf or russia is when the rally lacked of competitors.When there are other s2000 in the rally no speed at all from him.
Something they have do plenty of times at 2009 Rox and Basso with same car-team.About the not so much testing,ok maybe there is something like that,but the differences with other fiats were big,and i can t believe that this is the reason for his slow times.
Lets see in 2010 who is right.
In the group of young flying finns i would easily put Hanninen,Ketooma,Nikkara way forward than him.

Tomi
11th November 2009, 18:20
You are defending the undefendable. Alen will not ever be a winner and you still find every excuse to make him appear a better driver than he is.

Could you stop the guessing and consentrate on what i wrote instead, if you want to reply.
I have never ever said he will be a winner, I dont defend him in any way either, Alen's self made the mistake to sign with fiat, what i said is that he should get rid of his contract, that takes him nowhere, no testing and no driving is not good if want to be a rally driver, is that so difficult to understand?

Buzz Lightyear
11th November 2009, 19:06
Could you stop the guessing and consentrate on what i wrote instead, if you want to reply.
I have never ever said he will be a winner, I dont defend him in any way either, Alen's self made the mistake to sign with fiat, what i said is that he should get rid of his contract, that takes him nowhere, no testing and no driving is not good if want to be a rally driver, is that so difficult to understand?

I rather think it was IRC with Fiat, or drive round and round Finland.
A driver will get more testing.. if their setup improves the stop watch.
Even if he does get another chance, he seems to be a one trick pony... fast gravel.

Tomi
11th November 2009, 19:11
I rather think it was IRC with Fiat, or drive round and round Finland.

Really? from where did you get this?

Buzz Lightyear
11th November 2009, 19:19
Really? from where did you get this?

Money.. or the nessesity of it.. to do anything other than drive a Fiat.

I suppose you are going to try and convince us that he turned down a "WRC manufacturer 'JML' works-type seat" with MSport?

Wim_Impreza
11th November 2009, 19:28
In the group of young flying finns i would easily put Hanninen,Ketooma,Nikkara way forward than him.

Ketomaa is already 30 years, not so young.

Barreis
11th November 2009, 19:31
Dad Alen is strongly conected to fiat and that's why son is in punto..

ProRally
11th November 2009, 19:38
Dad Alen is strongly conected to fiat and that's why son is in punto..

And WHY spend own money , if FIAT is free....

But maybe it was better to spend a bit more that what is going on now :D

Tomi
11th November 2009, 19:38
Money.. or the nessesity of it.. to do anything other than drive a Fiat.

I suppose you are going to try and convince us that he turned down a "WRC manufacturer 'JML' works-type seat" with MSport?

im not trying to convince anything, but i know there was an other possibility, not a wrc deal, but a deal where he could have driven other events of own choise as well.

Barreis
11th November 2009, 19:42
It's not for free..

alleskids
11th November 2009, 21:03
Subaru will not be back to WRC for a while, because they have the ambition to be a big player in the Dakar rally in the near future having big names in the team. They started this year in the Sertoes Rally in Brasil, and will be present in the 201 Dakar with the Forrester, built by Barrattero, and driven in the by Gabriel Pozzo (2001 GrN champion) and Yoshiu Ikemachi.

alleskids
11th November 2009, 21:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeVp9tmsvMk&feature=youtube_gdata

White Sauron
11th November 2009, 22:33
The first evo is named as "Lancer Evoultion", the evolution of the standart Lancer.
That is different.
There is the first incarnation of Fabia S2000, which is called "fabia s2000". If there is an evolved version of the first incarnation you call it Fabia S2000 Evoultion. If there is an evolved version of the evolved version you call it Evolution 2,.....

You're probably right from the linguistic point of view. But, as I think, in rallying word "evolution" has long stood for "generation" meaning. It's not a correct English, as you see, but "evolution" has a better psychological effect, because it means progress, movement forward, while "generation" is some kind of stagnation, and it's not the right word to describe rallying.
Skoda and Mitsu are not the only examples.
Peugeot also used "Evo" for distinguishing modifications of both the 206 and the 307. The original 307, which debuted in 2004, was Evo1, and the upgraded version was called Evo2. Rally-raid teams also tend to use this method of calling their competition vehicles.

Sarac330d
12th November 2009, 09:56
Well, this is sort of a finnish way here in the forum since nobody else cannot drive fast. Loeb is born somewhere in another planet, so the fastest guy on planet Earth actually is a finn. :D

I wonder how fast would be any finnish driver at the end of season in WRC if
they had 50% tarmac and 50% gravel in calendar?

Karukera
12th November 2009, 11:54
I wonder how fast would be any finnish driver at the end of season in WRC if
they had 50% tarmac and 50% gravel in calendar?

"how fast or where ?"
If....
Depends on if the non tarmac rallies are Finland like typical surfaces with a bunch'o Swedish, Norway like winter events.

Otherwise a few points ahead of Sordo if not on par with the Spaniard and say, 15 points behind Loeb, without crashing out once in a while in a 12 events calender.

Not much change for the rest of the field except for Henning... ;)

Hartusvuori
17th November 2009, 16:26
According to Finnish MTV3 News (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/11/998792) Marcus Grönholm would make a comeback-of-sorts next year. Grönholm have comfirmed that he have negotiated with Wilson Sr about driving some rallies - but not all - with Ford. Sweden being the first option now.

Grönholm will drive at Solbergs Motorshow, Monza Rally and Bologna Motor Show before the end of the year.

Please take in consideration MTV3 News (at least rally news) are more over the top than rather facts only, so the truth behind this story could be that there's nothing new on Bosse constantly changing mind.

Somehow the buzz around Grönholm is getting annoyingly big proportions - or at least the frequency of Bosse on/ Bosse off news is reaching the limit that he seem to transform more into a PR act than a living rally legend. What's the profit - he does not have a team to run. I'd love to see him drive, I believe he still got it, but please make up your mind, Marcus!

Simmi
17th November 2009, 17:00
Marcus would bring a much needed boost to the start of next season. Even if he only does a few rallies.

Hartusvuori
17th November 2009, 18:17
MTV3 News are screaming on hi revs today (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2009/11/998772): Now they're telling that Kimi Räikkönen is negotiating a full-season factory seat at Citroën with Red Bull offering double the money they're paying Loeb. Oh the marketing value... And if Kimi's F1 career would go on, he'd be driving some WRC rounds with PSWRT. And PSWRT still isn't sure whether it's Citroën or Ford Petter will be driving...

J.Lindstroem
17th November 2009, 18:21
MTV3 News are screaming on hi revs today (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/f1/2009/11/998772): Now they're telling that Kimi Räikkönen is negotiating a full-season factory seat at Citroën with Red Bull offering double the money they're paying Loeb. Oh the marketing value... And if Kimi's F1 career would go on, he'd be driving some WRC rounds with PSWRT. And PSWRT still isn't sure whether it's Citroën or Ford Petter will be driving...

And the prize for the craziest rumour goes to MTV3!

Hartusvuori
17th November 2009, 18:24
And the prize for the craziest rumour goes to MTV3!

But hey - - - it's "according to reliable sources"... ;-) Though, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

SubaruNorway
17th November 2009, 18:58
Petter confirmed on the radio the other week that he was in talks with Kimi and Grönholm...

J.Lindstroem
17th November 2009, 19:05
But hey - - - it's "according to reliable sources"... ;-) Though, I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

It would be very cool! =)

Cloverleaf
17th November 2009, 21:25
double the money they're paying Loeb!
What do they expect? Kimi beating Loeb with Loeb's car?

alleskids
18th November 2009, 05:39
Raikonen is skipping F1 for 2010, so all options are open for his real passion:rally. So maybe first Monte Carlo in his Punto S2000 and then the WRC with Citroen or Ford

J.Lindstroem
18th November 2009, 07:35
I really hope we will see Kimi A LOT in next years Wrc.

This does a lot PR for the sport. People can agrue that this is not good PR since it's not representing the rally we so dearly wants to see. But since this seem to be inpossible to reach for the moment, this is a great way of getting more people to watch the sport and coverage!

grugsticles
18th November 2009, 08:15
Is it just me or could the 2010 WRC actually have some interesting names to keep an eye on?
Disregarding whether or not the competition is good or not, but with the possible addition of Raikonen and Block (c'mon, you know your gonna like watching him drive) we might be on the way back to the PR days of the late 90's with McRae/Makinen/Burns/Sainz each with huge followings from their respective an bases.

Donney
18th November 2009, 08:35
I wish it happened, it may bring some interest to the championship.

Helstar
18th November 2009, 17:02

What do they expect? Kimi beating Loeb with Loeb's car?
No. Selling double the cars which Loeb makes them sell.

Cloverleaf
18th November 2009, 18:29
By the way which money they're talking about?
Is it the money which is paid to Loeb by Redbull

Hartusvuori
18th November 2009, 18:41
By the way which money they're talking about?
Is it the money which is paid to Loeb by Redbull

On the story it said that "Red Bull has offered Kimi twice the pay Loeb is getting", but isn't indicating directly are they talking about Loeb/Red Bull deal or all the income Loeb's rumoured to have. However, since yesterday this story has gotten to whole different heights - and judging by the pure commercial value Kimi would be the biggest name in WRC.

Tomi
18th November 2009, 20:48
mtv3 just showed an interview with malcolm wilson, he confirmed that they try to put together a few rallies program with bosse starting from sweden.

Rallyper
18th November 2009, 20:51
mtv3 just showed an interview with malcolm wilson, he confirmed that they try to put together a few rallies program with bosse starting from sweden.

Yiiipppeeeee!!!! This is getting better and better!! :D :D :D

Tomi
18th November 2009, 21:12
Yiiipppeeeee!!!! This is getting better and better!! :D :D :D

lol, true, now its just to get the ex. over priced fiat's driver to do the tarmac rounds

Buzz Lightyear
18th November 2009, 21:26
lol, true, now its just to get the ex. over priced fiat's driver to do the tarmac rounds Alen?

Mirek
18th November 2009, 21:30
Räikkönen ;)

Juha_Koo
19th November 2009, 13:39
Finnish MTV3 reports that Malcolm Wilson is planning to make Mikko a clear first driver in the 2010 season, leaving JML as a second driver. Even before the season starts. Cars will be identical but all decisions will favour Mikko. This isn't 100% sure yet though, Malcolm wants to discuss with both drivers in January.

I can't express how deeply lugubrious I am. This decision is a blow against my - and all other people supporting JML - face. After this terrible season I was so eager to see JM fighting for the victories. He would have been mentally ready more than ever before. But no. Most likely he will not be allowed to win.

I honestly believe this will just cause more trouble to JM. He will make mistakes and lose valuable points. JM is not a guy who you leave to bring those sure points home. JM is a driver who lives for winning. He needs to get to the attack groove. Malcolm, please, do not do this.

I can't remember when I would have felt more doleful over rally.

Simmi
19th November 2009, 14:17
Finnish MTV3 reports that Malcolm Wilson is planning to make Mikko a clear first driver in the 2010 season, leaving JML as a second driver. Even before the season starts. Cars will be identical but all decisions will favour Mikko. This isn't 100% sure yet though, Malcolm wants to discuss with both drivers in January.

I can't express how deeply lugubrious I am. This decision is a blow against my - and all other people supporting JML - face. After this terrible season I was so eager to see JM fighting for the victories. He would have been mentally ready more than ever before. But no. Most likely he will not be allowed to win.

I honestly believe this will just cause more trouble to JM. He will make mistakes and lose valuable points. JM is not a guy who you leave to bring those sure points home. JM is a driver who lives for winning. He needs to get to the attack groove. Malcolm, please, do not do this.

I can't remember when I would have felt more doleful over rally.

On paper it does look bad, but the scenario only really came up once this season, and had they stepped in Mikko could be champion now.

I dont really think it will be a problem for one reason. Sebastien Loeb. Because on the few occasions a Ford driver is fastest, you can pretty much bet Seb will be splitting the Fords. Where I see this being implemented is not going to be at the expense of a victory for Jar-Matti, but to swap around podium positions when they are second and third.

If Jari can make enough pace on leg one he can get himself into the position for a win still IMO. Also if Mikko has a bad start to the season then this will be out of the window anyway.

I honestly dont see a time where (barring retirements) both Finn's will be ahead of Seb going into the final leg. JML has to improve significantly for this to happen.

Hartusvuori
19th November 2009, 14:35
Whereas I share Juha's distress on the matter, like Simmi mentioned, before being allowed to win you must be able to win.

However, as this matter now comes up pre-season and Sweden being the season opener, it's good to think and discuss this beforehand rather than at the end of leg 2 in Sweden JML 30 sec ahead of Mikko... *woke up and found myself at work*

serial jeff
19th November 2009, 15:24

Although I agree that this is rather crappy, the blame lies with Citroen not Ford. Citroen made it obvious this year that they'll make all their drivers surrender a win to Seb. If Ford refuses to do the same, Mikko will have basically no chance at the title.

We saw this year how team orders made Seb world champion. It isn't fair to Mikko to deny him the same opportunity.

So while I'd much prefer neither team doing this, if one does it then they both should.

Tomi
19th November 2009, 15:37
I dont think you can blame either one Citroen or Ford, when it comes to credit they both do what it takes to win the title, good desition from Wilson, now J-M knows his place and what the team is expecting, for sure.

Barreis
19th November 2009, 16:15
Latvala to do only tarmac events.. lol

Barreis
20th November 2009, 10:19
ISC and Mr Chandler down, Eurosport rules..

J.Lindstroem
20th November 2009, 10:22
ISC and Mr Chandler down, Eurosport rules..

I have been thinking of asking this question for a while now. I feel kibnd of ignorant but i cant resist in anymore.

Who the is this Mr Chandler guy that everybody is talking about?

Barreis
20th November 2009, 10:24
NZ man doing rally stuff for FIA (and more for ISC)..

jbmarcus21
20th November 2009, 17:49
Marcus news.. http://planetemarcus.free.fr/saison2010.htm

hope .. right decision soon..

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2009, 13:04
Janne Tuohino will drive 7 rallies in WRC/S2000 Cup next season (http://www.jannetuohino.com/) with Fiesta S2000. It's a private team but car is M-sport built.

RS
23rd November 2009, 17:03
Janne Tuohino will drive 7 rallies in WRC/S2000 Cup next season (http://www.jannetuohino.com/) with Fiesta S2000. It's a private team but car is M-sport built.

Is Janne the first confirmed driver in S2000 cup? I know Pons is coming, but he hasn't confirmed car yet.

eloyf1
23rd November 2009, 17:27
Is Janne the first confirmed driver in S2000 cup? I know Pons is coming, but he hasn't confirmed car yet.
Pons will also drive a Fiesta S2000. Luis Moya confirmed it a few weeks ago, and in fact, this weekend Nupel Team will race with a Fiesta R2 in last Spanish Champ. round, so their relationship with M-Sport must be quite close right now ;)

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 18:04
I cannot see the rush to buy a Fiesta. If I was investing €250,000, I would want to make sure I have the best car. I have no doubt M-Sport will be sorted, but maybe not so soon.

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 18:33
I cannot see the rush to buy a Fiesta. If I was investing €250,000, I would want to make sure I have the best car. I have no doubt M-Sport will be sorted, but maybe not so soon.

Seems to me the way the sales of these cars are working is a bit like a fad. Certain cars are popular then there is a rush to buy them.

You had the Punto then everyone flocked over to the 207. Then this year people moved over to the Fabia when it became apparent it was a quick car.

Now I think these guys are going to move over to the Fiesta. I'd guess when the new Citroen comes out that will be flavour of the week. If I had the quarter of a mill I'd be knocking down the door at M-Sport for a Fiesta. But that's just me.

Tomi
23rd November 2009, 18:57

This sure came from behind the tree, but good news indeed, i was sure his international rallying was behind already, ford get from him an experienced guy to develope the car.

noel157
23rd November 2009, 19:30
Seems to me the way the sales of these cars are working is a bit like a fad. Certain cars are popular then there is a rush to buy them.

You had the Punto then everyone flocked over to the 207. Then this year people moved over to the Fabia when it became apparent it was a quick car.

Now I think these guys are going to move over to the Fiesta. I'd guess when the new Citroen comes out that will be flavour of the week. If I had the quarter of a mill I'd be knocking down the door at M-Sport for a Fiesta. But that's just me.

Bear in mind also that over the past year or so more drivers like Kopecky, Hanninen and Meeke have started to drive S2K cars.

sollitt
23rd November 2009, 19:33
Who the is this Mr Chandler guy that everybody is talking about?

Vice President of FIA. Chairman of World Rally Commission. President de Honeur (& ex President) Motorsport NZ. Long time organiser of WRC round Rally NZ. Successful rally competitor & businessman.

alleskids
23rd November 2009, 20:31
Rally Catalunya could move to the Galicia area. The rally oprganisers have trouble getting the budget together since long time sponsor Movistar Telefonica is no longer supporting the rally.

MJW
23rd November 2009, 21:19
Rally Catalunya could move to the Galicia area. The rally oprganisers have trouble getting the budget together since long time sponsor Movistar Telefonica is no longer supporting the rally.
What year is this planned move? surely they can be thinking of 2010. Also what kind of roads are there, gravel or asphalt, if so are they totally different character to those currently used?

AndyRAC
23rd November 2009, 22:20

If it does move to Galicia, it won't be Rallye Catalunya then. Saying that, it is actually based in Costa Daurada at the moment, whereas it used to be Costa Brava.
Telefonica-Movistar pulling out is another story. Why? Any reason given?

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 22:39
Are they going to F1 maybe?

Juha_Koo
23rd November 2009, 22:41
Telefonica-Movistar pulling out is another story. Why? Any reason given?

Haven't they pulled out already...? No Telefonica-Movistar in rally partners this year.

Alvaro_Rally
23rd November 2009, 23:37
Every year RACC claims that the rally is going to get moved to other Spanish region... some years ago it was Aragón. Actually i think it is its strategy to get money from catalonian government!

Stages in Galicia are much slower, slippery and tricky than in Catalonia... i think it would be a good choice to forget the boring catalonian stages!

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 23:56
Stages in Galicia are much slower, slippery and tricky than in Catalonia... i think it would be a good choice to forget the boring catalonian stages!

I agree it would be nice to try some more testing roads. I think it would still play into Loeb's hands but at least it adds a few more variables to the rally.
Catalunya is a bit of a procession really.

Donney
24th November 2009, 08:14
This year's Rallye de Orense, Spanish championship, not exactly the catalonian highways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuZWSKqwUxs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXDeuMRveEU&feature=related

bluuford
24th November 2009, 12:59
No news about Kimi today? lets fix it :-)
http://f1.automoto365.com/news/f1/kimi-to-citroen-and-the-wrc/GpNewsForm-en-default-19-11-0-38531-1.html

Simmi
24th November 2009, 13:28
I still have this awful feeling that Kimi will be whisked away to F1 at the last minute. Like he is being paraded under our noses. IF Michael was on the market I could only imagine what they would pay him.

Maybe when they realise that isn't so realistic they might just remember the ex-world champion waiting in the wings. I would hope Petter/Citroen are locking him in a room right now and not letting him out until he signs.

N.O.T
24th November 2009, 14:01
I think its abit dangerous for useless drivers to drive WRCs...we don;t need any more tragic events.

Simmi
24th November 2009, 14:11
Ignoring that last comment here's some interesting news:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80326

Seems the announment of the 2011 calendar (first of the 'new era') is being delayed. Looks like Jean Todt wants to have a more hands on role with this calendar.

Apparently it's ok to let this slide for a while because F1 does the same thing with its calendars. Meanwhile prospective new manufacturers still have no idea where the WRC is going in 2011. I hope they weren't waiting to see which markets the WRC was entering before making any decisions.

Just sign it off Jean we havent got all year to sort this out!

alleskids
24th November 2009, 16:50
Kimi Raikkonen is reported to have signed a deal with Red Bull, including a couple of rallies with Red Bull Citroen Racing. He also wants to do Le Mans.

noel157
24th November 2009, 17:14
Kimi Raikkonen is reported to have signed a deal with Red Bull, including a couple of rallies with Red Bull Citroen Racing. He also wants to do Le Mans.

Only two rallies would achieve very little. 6 minimum would be of greater benefit.

Mirek
24th November 2009, 17:23
I think that couple was meant as several not as two ;)

noel157
24th November 2009, 17:25
]I think that couple was meant as several not as two ;)

I hope so. It would make more sense, no?

Tomi
25th November 2009, 17:13
Here Tomi, you are absolutely correct, this is possible the stupids deal ever...

I heard some good news today, the deal is propably soon history :)

Allyc85
25th November 2009, 17:37
Ignoring that last comment here's some interesting news:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80326

Seems the announment of the 2011 calendar (first of the 'new era') is being delayed. Looks like Jean Todt wants to have a more hands on role with this calendar.

Apparently it's ok to let this slide for a while because F1 does the same thing with its calendars. Meanwhile prospective new manufacturers still have no idea where the WRC is going in 2011. I hope they weren't waiting to see which markets the WRC was entering before making any decisions.

Just sign it off Jean we havent got all year to sort this out!

Seems a good idea to take time over the 2011 calendar, that way they can make sure they get the best events possible which will be more attractive to the sponsors :)

RS
25th November 2009, 17:52
I heard some good news today, the deal is propably soon history :)

Quote in Autosport last week from Abarth said: "Basso will probably contest the Italian Championship, but we have no news for our other driver."

Apparantly Anton's deal ran to the end of 2010 and stipulated that the last year would be driving in the WRC, but I guess if they don't want to do that they will terminate.

Simmi
25th November 2009, 19:14
Seems a good idea to take time over the 2011 calendar, that way they can make sure they get the best events possible which will be more attractive to the sponsors :)

It depends because if you are a new team/sponsor you want to be sorting your deals out now. Take VW for example. You want to enter the WRC but you have no idea what the engine regs are, nor where the calendar goes.

Now if the calendar delay is the difference between us getting the Monte or not getting the Monte or breaking into an important market then I agree that is important stuff. But if Jean Todt just wants to go through the rallies himself and ultimately send out the same calendar four months later then thats not good. You can't justify it because F1 does it because in that series they could race anywhere and there will always be interest.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because it is the most important calendar for the sport in recent history. But in theory you could wait months and get a perfect calendar. But it might be too late for some prospective manufacturers.

And then for 2012 are they going to rotate the events again? Who knows... IMO the one thing the sport doesn't need is indecision. But apparently that's what the 'I' in FIA stands for.

Rally Power
25th November 2009, 20:20
Thank God Todt has taken the WRC subject personally!

For the last years we’ve seen FIA president delegate the championship ruling to the Rally Commission, which must be pointed to most of the delays regarding revised WRC regulations, including calendar and WRC cars replacement.

Todt is a rally man in his heart, totally the opposite of Mosley, so if he shows some reserve towards the WRC 2011 proposed calendar, we can only regard it as a wise move in order to re-establish a sensible orientation to the series.

Simmi
25th November 2009, 20:25
Let's just hope F1 can avoid a scandal for at least the next couple of months so Jean can give the WRC some love.

Rally Power
25th November 2009, 20:56
Amen to that! :D

Buzz Lightyear
27th November 2009, 09:50
I doubt we are going to get VW in Rallying, if they are considering F1 engine supply http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80348

jbmarcus21
27th November 2009, 23:07
Marcus & Timo returns to Monza Rally Show

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/623/002gronholmjpg.jpg (http://img199.imageshack.us/i/002gronholmjpg.jpg/)

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/623/002gronholmjpg.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/002gronholmjpg.jpg/)

Hartusvuori
30th November 2009, 14:31
Looks like Rally Jordan will have Saturday-finish as well. Rally runs from April 1st to April 3rd.

Itinearies to Rally Mexico (http://www.rallymexico.com/doc/ItineraryMx10.pdf) and Rally Turkey (http://www.rallyofturkey.org/images/documents/wrc2010itinearyv9.pdf) are also available. Both have 350+ kms. Turkey's leg 3 looks nice km-wise, having 112 km.

fastboy
30th November 2009, 16:40
Just had a quick look at rally of Turkey and about 50kms of the route is tarmac ,so that could be interesting. I think we might see 2 or 3 more events go this way next year.

muscrae
30th November 2009, 17:10
The new stages of Rally of Turkey are worth to see. Mixed surface at some places, water splashes, bumps, fast sections and some technical ones... Remember this is the first time those stages in Istanbul are being used. Some of you may remember the stages from IRC and ERC...
Can't stand waiting...=)

Simmi
30th November 2009, 17:39
The new stages of Rally of Turkey are worth to see. Mixed surface at some places, water splashes, bumps, fast sections and some technical ones... Remember this is the first time those stages in Istanbul are being used. Some of you may remember the stages from IRC and ERC...
Can't stand waiting...=)

Sounds good. I suppose rallies need to start trying to make themselves stand out from the crowd. Sounds like the Turkish organisers are trying to do just that.

jbmarcus21
30th November 2009, 20:39
Petter switch to Ford ?
http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/article-26-1-2552/301109-petter-solberg-vers-ford?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

MJW
30th November 2009, 21:40
Petter switch to Ford ?
http://www.autohebdo.fr/rallye/wrc/article-26-1-2552/301109-petter-solberg-vers-ford?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook
Is auto hebdo one of the relaible sources? - I know some sources in every country are considered more reliable and accurate with their info, whilst others grab a headline without much grain of truth. Which category does auto hebdo fit in?

Buzz Lightyear
30th November 2009, 22:18
:) aaahhhh... brilliant. I love it! Kimi has stole the limelight from Ford, so Petter in a Ford is absolutely nessesary. Hopefully not Munchi/Stobart, but equal with Hirvonen.

Quit the messing, bring back 3 car teams.

Karukera
1st December 2009, 11:23
Is auto hebdo one of the relaible sources ?

They "generally" are.

Won't take too long to find out.

Xsara Fan
1st December 2009, 14:26
Evgeniy Novikov will take part in 2010 Russian Rally Championship with Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X.

RS
1st December 2009, 19:27
Can't stand waiting...=)

That is good news. The IRC event was a nice rally, much better than the previous one from WRC.

Camelopard
1st December 2009, 20:01
Booked our flights last night, will go to Jordan then make our own way up to Istanbul via Syria and Lebanon, can't wait!

alleskids
3rd December 2009, 18:41
Apparently Citroen Junior will not compete in the New Zealand Rally? Raikonen will be employed to the Junior team, and he will do the entire 2010 season, except New Zealand:
"It is understood that Raikkonen will contest the entire WRC season apart from the New Zealand Rally, which his team is not competing in. He will also participate in the Arctic Rally.""

curry
3rd December 2009, 21:56
Apparently Citroen Junior will not compete in the New Zealand Rally? Raikonen will be employed to the Junior team, and he will do the entire 2010 season, except New Zealand:
"It is understood that Raikkonen will contest the entire WRC season apart from the New Zealand Rally, which his team is not competing in. He will also participate in the Arctic Rally.""

And thus would miss one of the best rallies of the year; now that would be a shame.

Barreis
3rd December 2009, 23:30
I agree..

Rally Power
4th December 2009, 18:53
According to autosport.pt, Jean Todt is inviting WRC and IRC members to a rally meeting in order to discuss rally issues to be decided at next FIA world council. Meeting is agended to wednesday 9th, two days before WMSC.

Good to know Todt's really interested in rally future!

Barreis
4th December 2009, 20:35
He made some part of it..

Buzz Lightyear
5th December 2009, 11:51
According to autosport.pt, Jean Todt is inviting WRC and IRC members to a rally meeting in order to discuss rally issues to be decided at next FIA world council. Meeting is agended to wednesday 9th, two days before WMSC.

Good to know Todt's really interested in rally future!

i feel a 2011 amalgamation coming on....

MJW
5th December 2009, 15:55
Well it would be better to have one strong championship rather than a 2 diluted championships. I admit I dont like S2000, but if it means we have 4 or 5 manufactureres with S2000 I would accept that for a while. I will miss teh proper WRC cars, and feel that 1.6T is not viable at the moment. Citroen have made the biggest noise about a 1.6T plus possibly Mini. I however find it strange that Ford is putting so much effort into the 2 litre Fiesta - surely this cant be for Tuohino, Pons etc........?

Simmi
5th December 2009, 16:02
Yep certainly looking to Mr. JT to put an end to all this uncertainty over the coming few weeks. As difficult as it is a decision does need to be made ASAP.

Sulland
5th December 2009, 16:44
Well it would be better to have one strong championship rather than a 2 diluted championships. I admit I dont like S2000, but if it means we have 4 or 5 manufactureres with S2000 I would accept that for a while. I will miss teh proper WRC cars, and feel that 1.6T is not viable at the moment. Citroen have made the biggest noise about a 1.6T plus possibly Mini. I however find it strange that Ford is putting so much effort into the 2 litre Fiesta - surely this cant be for Tuohino, Pons etc........?

I think it is only to get chassis experience before 2011 and earn some money and in parallel develop the 1600T from what they know now.

Once FIA in November 2010 has decided on the regs in 1600T for 2011 (!) then Ford will have it ready for homologation by 31 Dec 2010 !!

MJW
5th December 2009, 16:52
I think it is only to get chassis experience before 2011 and earn some money and in parallel develop the 1600T from what they know now.

Once FIA in November 2010 has decided on the regs in 1600T for 2011 (!) then Ford will have it ready for homologation by 31 Dec 2010 !!But even with chassis experience this will not be 100% accurate as a 2 litre N/A engine will sit differently in a car than a smaller lighter 1.6T. Also power delivery and centrifugal forces in the engines will not be that same. Maybe I am naiieve, but I expect another U turn and that 2.0N/A will be what we have until 2015 or whenever the World Engine concept comes in.

HaCo
5th December 2009, 17:55
MJW, and why not... if it was the case already IRC would run empty and WRC would be back in its full glory for sure.

RS
5th December 2009, 19:48
I admit I dont like S2000, but if it means we have 4 or 5 manufactureres with S2000 I would accept that for a while.

My own feeling is that I would rather watch a Fiesta S2000 than a Focus WRC, but 'S1600T' could be better still (if they can make them sound ok)

SubaruNorway
6th December 2009, 20:57
Subaru joins IRC
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80451

tmx
7th December 2009, 13:26
MJW, and why not... if it was the case already IRC would run empty and WRC would be back in its full glory for sure. Guess it won't happen so soon, currently with 2 manufacturer in WRC and 10 in IRC.

Simmi
7th December 2009, 13:44
Guess it won't happen so soon, currently with 2 manufacturer in WRC and 10 in IRC.

That's what the IRC say but it is such a misleading statement to make.

The one's who are there with any real purpose are Peugeot, Skoda and Proton. It remains to be seen what Ford do in 2010 but ultimately they belong to the WRC.

So let's not even pretend the number is that lopsided in favour of the IRC.

ProRally
7th December 2009, 16:02

The one's who are there with any real purpose are Peugeot, Skoda and Proton. It remains to be seen what Ford do in 2010 but ultimately they belong to the WRC.

Eventually they (Ford) will have to enter IRC, so that their Fiesta S2000 can score points, it took Subaru some time to realize it, but they entered for 2010, same will happen with Ford :D

Simmi
7th December 2009, 16:19
Eventually they (Ford) will have to enter IRC, so that their Fiesta S2000 can score points, it took Subaru some time to realize it, but they entered for 2010, same will happen with Ford :D

Would they have to enter even just for drivers to score points in the series?

Mirek
7th December 2009, 16:20
Yes

Simmi
7th December 2009, 16:30
]Yes

So this will be interesting. As a commercial exercise for M-Sport it makes sense to have people in the IRC. But for Ford Motor Company maybe less so when they have thrown their weight behind the WRC.

Mirek
7th December 2009, 17:14
But it's for all Ford drivers, not only S2000 ones. That means every single Fiesta gr.N or R2 and any other car. For me it makes sense to provide hundreds of customers an opportunity to score points and be visible on Eurosport.

koko0703
8th December 2009, 15:14
Subaru joins IRC
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80451

Are they thinking about coming back to WRC eventually? I hope so :)

JRodrigues
8th December 2009, 15:28

True

Motorsportfun
8th December 2009, 15:29
Are they thinking about coming back to WRC eventually? I hope so :)

They're a couple of months thinking to come back to the WRC ASAP, as they are selling again a good number of cars. They are just waiting to have a stable financial situation, then they'll come back. ;)

grugsticles
8th December 2009, 18:16
They're a couple of months thinking to come back to the WRC ASAP, as they are selling again a good number of cars. They are just waiting to have a stable financial situation, then they'll come back. ;)
Where did you get that information?

Mirek
8th December 2009, 19:15
Rally Deutschland is first event to bring more millage back into WRC. 2010 edition contains 420 km of stages in three legs while Baumholder stage is now 48 km long.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2009/12/08/rallye-deutschland-mit-neuen-pruefungen/index.html

cali
8th December 2009, 19:23
]Rally Deutschland is first event to bring more millage back into WRC. 2010 edition contains 420 km of stages in three legs while Baumholder stage is now 48 km long.

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2009/12/08/rallye-deutschland-mit-neuen-pruefungen/index.html
Excellent news!

alleskids
8th December 2009, 19:35
Plus one of the tarmac stages, Hermeskeil, will have a long gravel session in it.

Wim_Impreza
8th December 2009, 19:37
]Rally Deutschland is first event to bring more millage back into WRC. 2010 edition contains 420 km of stages in three legs while Baumholder stage is now 48 km long.

The bad news is that there was never another winner than Loeb when it was in WRC and it will be the same next year.

Simmi
8th December 2009, 21:20
Nice to have Rally Germany back next year. It's my favourite tarmac rally by far after the Monte.

J.Lindstroem
8th December 2009, 22:12
The bad news is that there was never another winner than Loeb when it was in WRC and it will be the same next year.

Can't see the bad news here. Sorry.

morganmilan
8th December 2009, 22:26
Nice to have Rally Germany back next year. It's my favourite tarmac rally by far after the Monte.
Totally agree ;)

macksrallye
9th December 2009, 02:47

Now that's a Rally! I hope this is the start of a new trend of organisers really testing the Drivers & Cars with the way they construct their events.

Motorsportfun
9th December 2009, 15:18
Where did you get that information?

I talked about it with some figures at Subaru. They still hope to have a good financial situation to have a good budget for rallying. :)

Simmi
9th December 2009, 15:30
I talked about it with some figures at Subaru. They still hope to have a good financial situation to have a good budget for rallying. :)

Do they have a suitable car in their range for S2000 regs?

Rally Hokkaido
10th December 2009, 00:10
Do they have a suitable car in their range for S2000 regs?

The new coupe co-built with Toyota won't be sold until 2011.

serial jeff
10th December 2009, 00:42
2011 at best... I think I read production was estimated at late 2011, assuming it doesnt get cancelled before then. But if they did make a rally version of that car it would look awesome :D

Currently I think Subaru only has the Impreza which I think could make an okay s2000, though its bigger than the Fiesta and 207. There were rumors of a new Justy appearing at the Tokyo Motor Show last month but I don't think it actually did, though I'm not sure.

Motorsportfun
10th December 2009, 01:18
The new coupe co-built with Toyota won't be sold until 2011.

Exactly... it's one of their options ;)

Let's just hope to see Subaru selling lots of cars around the world! Then we can see some move :)

grugsticles
10th December 2009, 06:19
Personally I cant see Subaru using any other car other than the Impreza in any form of motor sport without shooting themselves in the foot.
They MAY be able to get away with using a Legacy, but the Impreza name is sin-ominous with rallying (and other motor sport) so to use another model would leave people asking what the point of the WRX STi was anymore.

As for the Sub-ota (SUbaru/Toyota joint venture) anyone know what car specs its likely to have? pics?

Rally Hokkaido
10th December 2009, 09:28
As for the Sub-ota (SUbaru/Toyota joint venture) anyone know what car specs its likely to have? pics?

Doing a google on ' Toyota FT-86 ' will yield pix & specs of the near-production version shown at the Tokyo Motor Show.

It will be rear wheel drive in keeping with their marketing concept (Future Toyota AE86!). The engine will utilise Toyota's direct fuel injection system on a normally-aspirated 2-litre Subaru boxer engine to produce about 200Ps.

Subaru's version is further from the production stage. If it proceeds, as well as the same NA engined RWD version as Toyota, there's strong likelihood of a turbo 4WD version, too.

The floor pan for both models is a modified Impreza one.

Source: Interviews with Toyota & Subaru staff at Tokyo Motor Show reported in October/November issue of Best Car magazine (Japan)

Simmi
10th December 2009, 10:36
Exactly... it's one of their options ;)

Let's just hope to see Subaru selling lots of cars around the world! Then we can see some move :)

Well let's not kid ourselves here. One look at the mooted joint venture car is enough to tell you that it isn't a rally car. Not in this era anyway.

And also the Japanese board of Subaru is not going to just suddenly click their fingers and they will be back in rallying. They will have to sell cars and go through their Japanese decision making processes. You can make all the winky faces you want but I couldn't realistically see them back until at least 2013.

What I'd like Subaru to do is release something a bit smaller to try and hook in a younger market. They could still badge it an Impreza but in a more affordable but sporty entry-level car. They could go rallying with it and open themselves out to a much larger part of the market. Then in the future maybe these people go on to buy full-blown Impreza's.

Motorsportfun
10th December 2009, 11:06
Well let's not kid ourselves here. One look at the mooted joint venture car is enough to tell you that it isn't a rally car. Not in this era anyway.

And also the Japanese board of Subaru is not going to just suddenly click their fingers and they will be back in rallying. They will have to sell cars and go through their Japanese decision making processes. You can make all the winky faces you want but I couldn't realistically see them back until at least 2013.

Anyone can't click their fingers and enter rallying again in a moment. As I said, they need to sell lots of cars BEFORE CONSIDERING A RETURN.

Did you read me or not? :dozey: :confused:

Simmi
10th December 2009, 11:21
Yeah I read what you put. For some reason I thought you were making out they would be back soon but on reflection you weren't. That's my bad anyway I apologise.

Whatever year it is I will be happy when the blue cars return!

Simmi
10th December 2009, 12:00
Few things in Autosport this week:

Martin Prokop to the S2000 cup next season in either a Fabia or Fiesta.
Prodrive close to a decision on WRC - either with Mini or possibly Mazda. Looks like it will be decided before the end of this year.
Tyre manufacturers Pirelli, BfGoodrich and Hankook are going in for the tender for 2011-13. Decision will be released on December 14.
I didn't realise but BfG are stopping their IRC prize drive for next year in the IRC too.

AndyRAC
10th December 2009, 12:36
Few things in Autosport this week:

Martin Prokop to the S2000 cup next season in either a Fabia or Fiesta.
Prodrive close to a decision on WRC - either with Mini or possibly Mazda. Looks like it will be decided before the end of this year.
Tyre manufacturers Pirelli, BfGoodrich and Hankook are going in for the tender for 2011-13. Decision will be released on December 14.
I didn't realise but BfG are stopping their IRC prize drive for next year in the IRC too.

Get rid of control tyres! Let the teams choose who they want.

serial jeff
10th December 2009, 14:50

Why not? :confused: I'm no expert on cars, but if Ford and Citroen can make rally cars out of the Fiesta and DS3, I don't see why the ft-86 would be harder. I thought it might be a bit easier since its already designed around good handling and a low center of mass.

Simmi
10th December 2009, 15:01
Why not? :confused: I'm no expert on cars, but if Ford and Citroen can make rally cars out of the Fiesta and DS3, I don't see why the ft-86 would be harder. I thought it might be a bit easier since its already designed around good handling and a low center of mass.

All I mean is that it doesn't seem to be in the direction that other manufacturers are going for S2000 - as in smaller hatchbacks.

It would stick out like a sore thumb but it would be a nice looking rally car.

serial jeff
10th December 2009, 15:27
True, but that may just be because they don't have anything more suitable. As far as I know, Ford and Citroen don't even make any lightweight sports cars.

Looking at overall dimensions, the ft-86 is very similar to the Fiesta and 207. Compared to the 207 it's 13cm longer while the wheelbase and width are approximately the same. I can't see a few centimetres making a big difference... it's also about 21cm lower than the road-going 207, which should help significantly with air resistance (although I'm sure that's partly due to less ground clearance in the stock setups).

jonkka
11th December 2009, 05:50
Toyota Celica should have taught manufacturers to avoid trying to turn sportscars into rallycars. Those usually have larger overhangs and poorer visibility than family saloons do.

macksrallye
11th December 2009, 06:11
Toyota Celica should have taught manufacturers to avoid trying to turn sportscars into rallycars. Those usually have larger overhangs and poorer visibility than family saloons do.

Rubbish!
The ST185 Celica was one of the very best GroupA cars because of it's balance front to rear. The Hyundai Coupe & Renalt Megane were built along simular lines and were the cars to beat in F2. They are harder to get right but when they are right they are very difficult to beat.

Mirek
11th December 2009, 13:14
What realy is rubbish is to ban sportscars from beying used in sport.

Where is any logic? Why should we bulit 100% new car looking like a tiny shopping bag on wheels and in the same time can't use cars already bulit for sport which needs much smaller upgrades to be on some reasonable competitive and spectacle level?

serial jeff
11th December 2009, 16:25
I didn't know sports cars were banned? I thought a World Rally Car could be based on any production vehicle with more than 2500 produced, and some restrictions on the engine... but all I know about this is what I've read on Wikipedia.

alleskids
11th December 2009, 16:36
Can we put the pt-86 and other technical discussions in a seperated tread?? And keep the news and rumour tread for... news and rumours?

serial jeff
11th December 2009, 16:40
Marcus driving for Ford in Sweden:

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=6614&desc=Gronholm+back+in+a+Ford+Focus+for+Rally+Swede n+

bluuford
11th December 2009, 16:47
From January 2010, there will be a Super 2000 World Rally Championship for Drivers. The number of qualifying rallies is 10, and at the time of registration the entrant must nominate seven rallies, including two outside Europe, in which to score points. This Championship is in addition to the WRC Cup for S2000 Teams.

From 2011, S2000 cars (1.6L turbo and 2.0L normally aspirated) and Group N cars will be eligible for the WRC and all FIA Regional Rally Championships. In addition, from 2011, all new homologations of S2000 cars must be fitted with a 1.6L turbo engine.

From 2010, the latest FIA 8860-2004 helmet will be mandatory for all Priority drivers competing in World Rally Championship events. The helmet, which took eight years to develop by the FIA and FIA Institute, provides drivers with increased protection in all key impact areas. It absorbs 50 per cent more impact energy and has improved load spreading during side impact accidents. It also resists 30 per cent more penetration energy and provides up to 30 per cent more protection against injury caused by excessive rotational accelerations.

Further details regarding the helmet specification and its associated benefits will be distributed in due course.

The dates of the following 2010 events have been amended:

31/3-3/4 HKJ Rally Jordan
7-11/7 BGR Rally Bulgaria
28-31/7 FIN Rally Finland

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wmsc/2009/Pages/wmsc_111209.aspx

Mirek
11th December 2009, 16:59
I didn't know sports cars were banned? I thought a World Rally Car could be based on any production vehicle with more than 2500 produced, and some restrictions on the engine... but all I know about this is what I've read on Wikipedia.

You can use only car with 4 and more seats however many sportscars have only two...

Sorry for offtopic.

Simmi
11th December 2009, 17:26
Finally some concrete regs from the FIA. Hallelujah!

noel157
11th December 2009, 17:34
From January 2010, there will be a Super 2000 World Rally Championship for Drivers. The number of qualifying rallies is 10, and at the time of registration the entrant must nominate seven rallies, including two outside Europe, in which to score points. This Championship is in addition to the WRC Cup for S2000 Teams.

From 2011, S2000 cars (1.6L turbo and 2.0L normally aspirated) and Group N cars will be eligible for the WRC and all FIA Regional Rally Championships. In addition, from 2011, all new homologations of S2000 cars must be fitted with a 1.6L turbo engine.

From 2010, the latest FIA 8860-2004 helmet will be mandatory for all Priority drivers competing in World Rally Championship events. The helmet, which took eight years to develop by the FIA and FIA Institute, provides drivers with increased protection in all key impact areas. It absorbs 50 per cent more impact energy and has improved load spreading during side impact accidents. It also resists 30 per cent more penetration energy and provides up to 30 per cent more protection against injury caused by excessive rotational accelerations.

Further details regarding the helmet specification and its associated benefits will be distributed in due course.

The dates of the following 2010 events have been amended:

31/3-3/4 HKJ Rally Jordan
7-11/7 BGR Rally Bulgaria
28-31/7 FIN Rally Finland

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/wmsc/2009/Pages/wmsc_111209.aspx

Can this be interpreted this way? - any new cars that are homologated in 2010 (ie 2 litre n/a) will still be able to run from 2011 onwards for the lifetime of the homologation.

Simmi
11th December 2009, 17:50
Can this be interpreted this way? - any new cars that are homologated in 2010 (ie 2 litre n/a) will still be able to run from 2011 onwards for the lifetime of the homologation.

According to Autosport any of the current stuff if still fine from 2011. I'd just assume they would be at a performance disadvantage maybe?

"Today's Monaco meeting also confirmed all new homologations of Super 2000 cars from 2011 onwards must be fitted with a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine. Super 2000 cars homologated prior to 2011 - and conventional Group N cars - will be legal to run in the 2011 WRC."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80535

bluuford
11th December 2009, 17:52

Yes, why not. There is written clearly that for WRC you can use three type of cars (WRC is not allowed anymore) and if they are not saying that S2000 is not allowed, then it is allowed as long as the homologation lasts or they will be banned. however there is no reason to ban them.

Hartusvuori
11th December 2009, 18:08
Prokop commits WRC future to Ford (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80540)

Tomi
11th December 2009, 18:13
Prokop commits WRC future to Ford (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80540)

good luck, good choise.

serial jeff
11th December 2009, 18:17
]You can use only car with 4 and more seats however many sportscars have only two...

Sorry for offtopic.

Thanks, didn't know that... Also sorry for offtopic again, but I think the FT-86 is 2+2 seating configuration, so its a 4-seater- I'd start a new topic about it but I'm not sure there's anything more to say about the car.

Barreis
11th December 2009, 18:32
No lifetime homologations - they need money.. xd

Buzz Lightyear
11th December 2009, 18:36
good luck, good choise.

for ford or prokop? eitherway, he is not a kopecky.

i get the impression they are trying to 'big-up' this cup thingy. they need some good drivers.

Mirek
11th December 2009, 18:36
Thanks, didn't know that... Also sorry for offtopic again, but I think the FT-86 is 2+2 seating configuration, so its a 4-seater- I'd start a new topic about it but I'm not sure there's anything more to say about the car.

Ah, sorry, didn't mean any particular car. Just generaly, especialy GT cars including smaller ones like Lotus Exige which are unlogicaly banned.

Barreis
11th December 2009, 19:44
I'm suprised that Citroen didn't offer Prokop some program as they did to all previous Citroen JWRC champs.. Maybe they will..

J.Lindstroem
11th December 2009, 20:43
Ok. So in 2010 the Wrc will contain 1,6T? Do you think this is the final decision? I think it will be a great thing if so. We will have the 1,6T as the ultimate rally machine for only a few drivers, and the S2000 cars as the smaller series for the younger drivers.

Have i understood this correct?

Barreis
11th December 2009, 20:49
It'll be great if S2000 cars should be able to be upgraded with 1.6T engine.. So many cars around.. Could be great competetion..

Mirek
11th December 2009, 20:55
I'm suprised that Citroen didn't offer Prokop some program as they did to all previous Citroen JWRC champs.. Maybe they will..

They did but for a lot of money...

RS
11th December 2009, 21:11
Are there any concrete details on the 1.6T engines yet? Are they simply to be same as 2.0T engines currently in WRCars but smaller?

MJW
11th December 2009, 21:17
Ok. So in 2010 the Wrc will contain 1,6T? Do you think this is the final decision? I think it will be a great thing if so. We will have the 1,6T as the ultimate rally machine for only a few drivers, and the S2000 cars as the smaller series for the younger drivers.

Have i understood this correct?
No - I read it as 1.6T or 2000 n/a allowed in 2011 - but any new homologation in 2011 ( Citroen DS3 and Mini?) will have to be 1.6T. With Ford having homologated the Fiesta as a normal S2000 car in 2010 it is still eligable in 2011, but wil be up against 1.6T engined cars. At least in year 1 of the "new dawn" S2000 and 1.6 T will be eligable. I guess serious players will need a 1.6T

Barreis
11th December 2009, 21:57
]They did but for a lot of money...

No more Russian money, only black people of Zimbabwe are working for Citroen sport.. xd

alleskids
12th December 2009, 20:59
Evgeniy Novikov wil do the Russian rally championship in 2010, with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X from the ALM Rally Team, pure for the fun. He will only return to WRC if he finds a sponsor, so no family money anymore.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2009, 13:21
Looks like the project of Mini in WRC with Prodrive is back since BMW left F1 :confused:

Lalo
15th December 2009, 13:29

Prokop drove both JWRC and PWRC campaigns in 2009, so budjet isn't a problem, as well as sponsorship. He drove great on both champs, 1st in JWRC and runner-up in PWRC, and that shows a lot of tallent!

He deserves a full year program for next year in the WRC. Anyway, he'll race all year long in a Fiesta S2000, so he might be well ready for 2011 WRC campaign!

alleskids
15th December 2009, 21:05
Deutschalnd rally organisers have trouble with the WRC promoter ISC:

Magazine Motorsport-Aktuell Indeed, informs that the German Rally organizers refused to sign the contract for the ISC competition next year. ISC does for himself requires more space in the service, but the main reason for the Germans is the fact that the promoter takes all advertising rights superspecial audience. "I can not accept a contract like that," ADAC said sporting director Andreas Meyer. "German rally in calendar year 2010 and going up. Everything else is seeing."

Barreis
15th December 2009, 23:01
Prokop drove both JWRC and PWRC campaigns in 2009, so budjet isn't a problem, as well as sponsorship. He drove great on both champs, 1st in JWRC and runner-up in PWRC, and that shows a lot of tallent!

He deserves a full year program for next year in the WRC. Anyway, he'll race all year long in a Fiesta S2000, so he might be well ready for 2011 WRC campaign!

Home budget..

Mirek
15th December 2009, 23:37
Jipocar is logistic company. It's not easy for them in times of crisis...

bluuford
17th December 2009, 10:48
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80609
Abu Dhabi helds candidate event in 2010 December, to become in 2011 calendar

Simmi
17th December 2009, 12:16

Interesting. The way it is scheduled it could see the competitive debuts of the new WRC's for 2011. Could be a nice post-season treat.

Hartusvuori
17th December 2009, 12:33

So the calendar for 2011 won't be "locked" until - what - 4-6 weeks prior the season start?

Other than that, like said, interesting news and quite pompous comments from the organisers.

Josti
17th December 2009, 14:25
So the calendar for 2011 won't be "locked" until - what - 4-6 weeks prior the season start?

Other than that, like said, interesting news and quite pompous comments from the organisers.

I bet they get a spot on the 2011 calender (which will probably consist 15 events). Let's just hope they don't turn it in to a circus, looking at the F1 Grand Prix.

Simmi
17th December 2009, 14:50
I bet they get a spot on the 2011 calender (which will probably consist 15 events). Let's just hope they don't turn it in to a circus, looking at the F1 Grand Prix.

I'd say can the Jordan event and replace it with this maybe. They put money in so this was bound to be expected eventually. I just hope they dont think they are going to get the title decider at the expense of Rally GB.

It also depends whether the teams really find any value in going to somewhere like this. I'm sure Ford would to keep their sponsors sweet, but I doubt they will ever sell a single Fiesta to the Abu Dhabi fat cats. Also if this meant an extra round being added that perhaps put off someone like VW from joining then that's not a good deal. I'm sure the twelve rally fans in Abu Dhabi can afford to travel to events (or drive in them) if needs be.

Hartusvuori
18th December 2009, 06:47
According to MTV3.fi (http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2009/12/1019956) (finnish) Valentino Rossi won't do Mexico, but there's a chance for Wales when MotoGP season is over.

bluuford
19th December 2009, 00:08
It seems that Solberg has secured most of the budget for 2010 with new sponsor: http://translate.google.ee/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.rallye-magazin.de/&ei=-hcsS6vfIcab-ga4kbzfDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drallye-magazin.de%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

HaCo
19th December 2009, 08:41
It seems that Solberg has secured most of the budget for 2010 with new sponsor: http://translate.google.ee/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.rallye-magazin.de/&ei=-hcsS6vfIcab-ga4kbzfDg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Drallye-magazin.de%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

No, he has it almost. His new sponsor is Automobilclub NAF.

jbmarcus21
19th December 2009, 09:00
Marcus Grönholm ..

9 onboard camera video from Rally Legend 2009 with 206 Wrc
http://planetemarcus.free.fr/marcusonboardrallylegend09.htm

Simmi
19th December 2009, 10:26

I read earlier in the week he had 70% of his budget for the year. And also that Gigi is nearly there for a C4 with Pirelli/Citroen Italia. So if these guys can pull the last few bits together, and this Atko/Monster deal comes off next year is looking pretty sweet all of a sudden.

Donney
19th December 2009, 10:35
I wish it happened, I really do.

HaCo
19th December 2009, 12:07
The world motor is coming, one motor for WRC as for WTCC. Restrictor of 33mm, with max turbo pressure of 2,5bar.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2009/12/19/der-weltmotor-kommt-2011/index.html

Mirek
19th December 2009, 12:17
Very interesting. Thanks. At least some information.

Rally Power
19th December 2009, 14:03
The world motor is coming, one motor for WRC as for WTCC. Restrictor of 33mm, with max turbo pressure of 2,5bar.
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/top/topnews/d16/d/2009/12/19/der-weltmotor-kommt-2011/index.html

Google translation:

"In season 2011, it will be ready. In the WRC, the new 1.6-liter turbo-charged formula taking hold. By the FIA, the new concept is being accelerated as the global racing engine and will find application in many racing series.
The film begins with a year of rallying and the World Touring Car Championship.
The performance of the engine will be 280 to 290 hp, reduced CO2 emissions by around 30 percent," revealed FIA technique Chief Jacques Berger performances of the direct injection.
Because the environment is becoming increasingly important, manufacturers and produce smaller, low-emission engines, the motor must follow the trend.
In November, involved in the development of the new regulations allowed the parties to materials and final details were set by the engine, this was also discussed about the different demands on the performance characteristics between the rally and race engine. This will be achieved mainly through different camshafts. Fix is in both series, the diameter of Airrestriktors of 33 mm. Boost pressure is limited to 2.5 bar. A novel FIA control box is designed to give officials soon to assess whether this limit has been exceeded.
More details on the new "World Engine" is to give it shortly."

By these figures, and knowing that 1.6T production engines have 150 to 170hp, what kind of tuning is expected for S2000/1.6T engines: Gr.N, Gr.A or actual WRC modifications?

AndyRAC
19th December 2009, 15:15

Is that the National Governing body(ASN)? Same as our MSA?

I doubt they would back a driver though.

JFL
19th December 2009, 15:44
I don't think they give him money.. It's just his "MSA" now--..And he will be a "rolemodel" and speak about trafic safety to youngsters..

Macd
19th December 2009, 15:44
33mm Thats smaller than the current one isnt it? And the same as the group n cars?

Mirek
19th December 2009, 16:08
Yes, same as gr.N car since 1.1.2010 and 1 mm bigger than current gr.N cars.

I think that the article is not right in estimated power. In my opinion the 1.6T engines will have a little bit more power, somewhere around 300 Hp but of course it depends on many aspects not just those which were revealed public.

ProRally
19th December 2009, 16:14
]Yes, same as gr.N car since 1.1.2010 and 1 mm bigger than current gr.N cars.

I think that the article is not right in estimated power. In my opinion the 1.6T engines will have a little bit more power, somewhere around 300 Hp but of course it depends on many aspects not just those which were revealed public.

True Mirek, just attended a 3 day test in South Spain with 'new rules' group N car with 33mm and both drivers where really happy with the power !!
(drivers where Toshi Arai and Enrique Ojeda)
So I agree with you, the 1.6T has more freedom in parts as group N and it will be strong engine.

RS
19th December 2009, 21:15
How does the boost pressure compare to the current 2.0T engines and how will this affect the engine characteristics (ie. how high they rev)?

dimviii
19th December 2009, 21:41
How does the boost pressure compare to the current 2.0T engines and how will this affect the engine characteristics (ie. how high they rev)?

must be a strong quiz for engine builders-engineers.
they have to use a turbo like group B (big compressor/small housing)to suit the 1,6 litres engine low gases volume.But this combination needs revs to make power,and revs is not easy with a 33mm restrictor.Today though electronics are way better than 80s so lets see who is going to be that who can solve the ''problems'' faster! :p :

Wim
20th December 2009, 12:19
To limit max turbopress is a risky task. It really will be difficult to read out and supervise it. If some team can misleade the systems and flay false with some 100 or 200 grams..the power diff is significant. I believe the FIA should chose a smaler turbo but let the boost free.

Simmi
21st December 2009, 23:30
Thought I'd just stick this in here. Official video summary of the past season. Most notable for mildly embarassing cut-scenes featuring all the top WRC drivers. Not really sure what to make of it. You certainly wouldn't see F1 drivers doing this kinda thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wrc?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/5oYpyqHuk6k

Josti
22nd December 2009, 15:21
Thought I'd just stick this in here. Official video summary of the past season. Most notable for mildly embarassing cut-scenes featuring all the top WRC drivers. Not really sure what to make of it. You certainly wouldn't see F1 drivers doing this kinda thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wrc?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/0/5oYpyqHuk6k

Good for the average fan, but not my style.

Koppomsbo
24th December 2009, 23:17
whats Team Experts plans for 2010?

Rallyper
25th December 2009, 16:11
whats Team Experts plans for 2010?

Well, the sight of teamexpert is shut down, as the blog. That´s no good sign. :(

StevieWonder
25th December 2009, 16:56
some time ago I heard, that henning is going on in European RallyCross with expert - but cannot confirm this info.

JFL
25th December 2009, 18:17
some time ago I heard, that henning is going on in European RallyCross with expert - but cannot confirm this info.
He will do that after WRC.. My guess is WRC one more year, then full ERC.. He did compete in 2 ERC-events this year and full Rallycross Norden(nordic)..
But ..Who knows if he gets the budget.. It's confirmed that Expert and it's co sponsors(Samsung, Pioneer, de longhi, kenwood) are more then satified with Henning..

MJW
25th December 2009, 19:42
I too suspect the ERC will wait for 2011, however, it could be that Henning and his sponsors think it is better value to go ERC in 2010, afterall, he is not going to "win" or get podiums in WRC. In ERC it could be different......

pucky54
25th December 2009, 19:49
It's confirmed that Expert and it's co sponsors are more then satified with Henning..

Sure they can. He was one of two drivers who finished all rounds this season!!!!!!

alleskids
25th December 2009, 19:50
Henning should try S-WRC, were he can fight for victories and publicity. With only 7 S-WRC rallies, he has time, and maybe budget to do also the ERC.

MJW
25th December 2009, 20:13
Henning should try S-WRC, were he can fight for victories and publicity. With only 7 S-WRC rallies, he has time, and maybe budget to do also the ERC.

I think we could get less "gentlemen" touring around the lower reaches of the top 10 next season. The reality of the costs of a Stobart Ford, based on value for money is going to be less than tthat for S-WRC. I wonder if Conrad continues to pour money into a WRC car or makes the move to somewhere where he has a better chance. Novikov already seen the folly of spending in a WRC car, FFS these cars will be dinosaurs at the end of Rally GB 2010.

27th December 2009, 04:12
HEY GUYS WANT LATEST RUMORS GOSSIPS AND NEWS GET THEM ALL ON
http://bce480e3.qvvo.com

Xsara Fan
28th December 2009, 18:07
In February 2010 Sebastien Loeb will visit Moscow, Russia. He will take part in interesting project. It`s a secret but all I know is 'Red Bull' will made a meeting between Loeb and 'Kamaz-Master Team'!!! Well, let`s wait Loeb behind the steering wheel of Kamaz rally truck? :)

GTA
28th December 2009, 18:25
I don't think they give him money.. It's just his "MSA" now--..And he will be a "rolemodel" and speak about trafic safety to youngsters..

They should give a bit more to youngsters like Brynildsen and Mikkelsen to do the SWRC & IRC.... and not only to Solberg....

Gard
29th December 2009, 10:19
They should give a bit more to youngsters like Brynildsen and Mikkelsen to do the SWRC & IRC.... and not only to Solberg....
It have to do with Petters status among kids and young people. He's the hero. To use Petter for this is very good. Half the kindergarten is still wearing Petter Solberg Subaru suits. every time the kids get a car in their hands. they are "Pettersolberg"

Buzz Lightyear
29th December 2009, 10:49
It have to do with Petters status among kids and young people. He's the hero. To use Petter for this is very good. Half the kindergarten is still wearing Petter Solberg Subaru suits. every time the kids get a car in their hands. they are "Pettersolberg"

dear love them...

they'll grow out of it...

ProRally
29th December 2009, 11:49

The 2 bigger Belgian teams should give a better deal to the young Belgian drivers than to offer it to 'oldtimer' Freddy Loix, he had his chance.... :D

Tomi
29th December 2009, 11:53
The 2 bigger Belgian teams should give a better deal to the young Belgian drivers than to offer it to 'oldtimer' Freddy Loix, he had his chance.... :D

You are right, it seems to be a trend in many places to help those who does not need any help, or who has done their driving already.

HaCo
29th December 2009, 12:01

Like who for example?

ProRally
29th December 2009, 12:26
Like who for example?

That HaCo is the BIG questions, for sure there are some potential young fast drivers in Belgium, like Neuville but others too...
They need a chance to get more experiance

Tomi
29th December 2009, 13:27
Like who for example?

H.Poirot maybe?

Mirek
29th December 2009, 13:47

I think that we shouldn't change these different situations.

While national ASNs help someone and should help, Kronos or RGRS are just offering their cars to customers. They don't exist to help anyone but to make profit out of renting cars.

Tomi
29th December 2009, 14:06
]I think that we shouldn't change these different situations.

While national ASNs help someone and should help, Kronos or RGRS are just offering their cars to customers. They don't exist to help anyone but to make profit out of renting cars.

Thats true, but it also make one wonder what the motives of the sponsors are, if a guy has achived about nothing when he is about 40, its not likely he will later do any better.

HaCo
29th December 2009, 16:25
Thats true, but it also make one wonder what the motives of the sponsors are, if a guy has achived about nothing when he is about 40, its not likely he will later do any better.

I don't know how serious you are with your comment, but Loix won Ypres 6x and in Belgium that counts at least for something. He is certainly not the fastest out there, but he has a lot of experience, which counts as well. I guess sponsors want results instead of wrecked or slow cars. I don't know which Belgian driver would get a better result than him, there might be few faster than him, but they do not have the experience.

It might be typical in other country's as well, but in the past top Belgian Drivers like Droogmans and Snijers tried to catch Belgian titles and sometimes they did an additional European championship as well. Now young Belgian only aim for (big, IRC, WRC, JWRC) international titles. That's why you have drivers with respectable speed, but after some years (+10) not achieving really much. I think about Loix, Princen, Duval (ok, he has won a WRC round), Thiry (he won an ERC title), Casier, ... I think some drivers are too ambitious and if they don't find the budget for WRC or IRC, they don't drive at all, which is a pitty for national championship like in Belgium and maybe that's the reason why there isn't so much interest in ERC either.

Tomi
29th December 2009, 16:51
I don't know how serious you are with your comment, but Loix won Ypres 6x and in Belgium that counts at least for something. He is certainly not the fastest out there, but he has a lot of experience, which counts as well. I guess sponsors want results instead of wrecked or slow cars. I don't know which Belgian driver would get a better result than him, there might be few faster than him, but they do not have the experience.

It might be typical in other country's as well, but in the past top Belgian Drivers like Droogmans and Snijers tried to catch Belgian titles and sometimes they did an additional European championship as well. Now young Belgian only aim for (big, IRC, WRC, JWRC) international titles. That's why you have drivers with respectable speed, but after some years (+10) not achieving really much. I think about Loix, Princen, Duval (ok, he has won a WRC round), Thiry (he won an ERC title), Casier, ... I think some drivers are too ambitious and if they don't find the budget for WRC or IRC, they don't drive at all, which is a pitty for national championship like in Belgium and maybe that's the reason why there isn't so much interest in ERC either.

Much different from here then, here when a driver starts an international carreer "WRC", he stops driving in national championships, that leaves the field open for new drivers to develope, here the young drivers also get the best possible coaching around, not long time ago they showed a program in tv called "master class" or something like that, 1 part was about a young rallydriver who was coached by Gardemeister and Timo Rautiainen, the idea is to be ready as possible when going international, that saves money and time too.
But if the driver dont make it international its usually the end of the carreer as driver, and possible teaching and other things in the sport starts.

ProRally
29th December 2009, 18:15
H.Poirot maybe?

Don't think so.... he does not want to get his mustache messy..... :D :D :D

Tomi
29th December 2009, 18:32
Don't think so.... he does not want to get his mustache messy..... :D :D :D

but he would put a new standard on the term "gentleman driver" :)

V.Gatev
30th December 2009, 16:53
Today bulgarian rally driver Todor SLAVOV send his entry form for 2010 edition of JWRC. He will drive with Renault Clio R3 Maxi and will participate in Turkey, Bulgaria, Germany, France and Spain.

alleskids
31st December 2009, 13:15
What happened to Andreas Aigner, th e first Red Bullprotege? After he became P-WRC in 2008 he was dropped out of the Red Bull program. Was has become of him since?

Mirek
31st December 2009, 13:36
Andreas Aigner didn't manage to find some his own sponsor for 2009 (it was RB condition not to pay everything). In 2010 he will start in Austrian championship with his own Evo X.

alleskids
31st December 2009, 14:21
thanks Mirek Fric :) . I was wondering what happened. Like the P-WRChampions before him, most disappaer from the WRC scene.

swordsman
4th January 2010, 13:20
Patrik Sandell is now confirmed in Skoda Fabia Super2000 with Red Bull Rally Team (Baumschlager...). Got the press release half an hour ago but haven't found the info on the internet, so check out my blog if you wanna know more.

serial jeff
4th January 2010, 19:02
Not sure if this has already been posted, but the official E3 trailer of Gran Turismo 5 shows some of their WRC cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr2msLZy2nI&feature=player_embedded#

Note that although the title says 'fanmade', all the content is from the official video, just all the non-WRC stuff has been cut out.

Here's a photo from another forum of a public GT5 demo showing Mikko's car (I think):
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/tragedy623/JDblog/CIMG9415.jpg

(original thread was http://www.ft-86.com/main-room/1492-my-pics-tokyo-motor-show.html)

JamesIRC
5th January 2010, 11:19
The Red Bull Rally Team will chase the title with Patrik Sandell (SWE)/Emil Axelsson (SWE) and Skoda.

Link! (http://www.rallyphotos.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27&p=47#p47)

jens
5th January 2010, 13:28
I haven't seen much about Andersson neither in the WRC nor IRC rumours, as much as I have been reading them. Can anyone tell, what are his plans for 2010? Last year he had just merely one Sweden outing as well IIRC. It would be a shame if such a fast driver is left out in the cold.

EavesFan09
5th January 2010, 14:05
Dunno if it has already ben mentioned but wrc.com reports Valentino Rossi looks set to join Kimmi for 2010 in Mexixo

"Then of course there's Kimi Raikkonen, who this year has traded in his Ferrari for a Citroen C4. Just how is a former F1 World Champion going to do in a rally car? We'll find out soon. And the chances are Kimi won't be the only world champion to succumb to the pull of rallying in 2010. Multiple MotoGP champ Valentino Rossi looks likely to join him at the WRC fiesta in Mexico. How cool is that?"

bluuford
5th January 2010, 14:15
I haven't seen much about Andersson neither in the WRC nor IRC rumours, as much as I have been reading them. Can anyone tell, what are his plans for 2010? Last year he had just merely one Sweden outing as well IIRC. It would be a shame if such a fast driver is left out in the cold.

Andersson is looking budget for SWRC and at the moment he is named as a wild card entry for Sweden (PWRC). So, if he doesnt get anything else, then he is going to start in Sweden with his own Mitsu. No more info currently.

ProRally
5th January 2010, 14:51
Dunno if it has already ben mentioned but wrc.com reports Valentino Rossi looks set to join Kimmi for 2010 in Mexixo

Valentino Rossi won't do Mexico, too busy with the bikes, maybe a event at end of the year.