PDA

View Full Version : lens for racing photo question

Chris R
17th August 2008, 21:48
Hi!

I live near the new NJ Motorsport Park and have an opportunity to go frequently to see the action on the track.

I have a Canon Rebel digital SLR camera I use for work. The standard lens does not have enough zoom to get the cars on the track really well.... Can anyone suggest a good lens and offer some advice on what /i would be looking for in terms of features and so on???

Thanks!!

Chris

rah
17th August 2008, 22:39
Hi!

I live near the new NJ Motorsport Park and have an opportunity to go frequently to see the action on the track.

I have a Canon Rebel digital SLR camera I use for work. The standard lens does not have enough zoom to get the cars on the track really well.... Can anyone suggest a good lens and offer some advice on what /i would be looking for in terms of features and so on???

Thanks!!

Chris

Probably stick with the 100-400 F4L for long reach. If that is too big any of the 70-200 L's are great lenses. The F4 version for hand held. Try to get one with IS. You could also look at the sigma's.

AJP
17th August 2008, 23:45
Depending on much you want to spend, 100-400F4L is good, you can always throw a 1.4 converter on it as well, but overcast conditions would make you push the ISO up..