PDA

View Full Version : Vitor Meira to Target

underpowered
12th August 2008, 22:38
Wouldnt it be cool is Vitor Meira signed for Ganassi.

His Panther team cost him 2 seconds in the pits when he was ahead of Dixon.

How long is he contracted to Panther for?

The instant classic
12th August 2008, 22:57
Wouldnt it be cool is Vitor Meira signed for Ganassi.

His Panther team cost him 2 seconds in the pits when he was ahead of Dixon.

How long is he contracted to Panther for?
i couldnt tell you about the, contract, i know some fans are right into that kind of thing,, most times i just wait for my friend to let me know all that kind of stuff,, then i can go to sites and let fans know,, but i guess shes busy now adays doesnt have much time for me,,

but if meira went to ganassi thats a for sure win,, i wolud even say, if this happend i will add,, he signed with ganassi at the end of this year,, i say meira wolud win the opening race in 2009,,but im still hoping he will win, this year,, it wolud be nice to see a small team come along and beat penske, agr and ganassi,

but i guess hes got along contract cuz none is talking much about it,

speeddurango
13th August 2008, 00:02
Excuse me for my ignorance but is this a confirmed information or semi speculation or pure guesses? Because the title can be a slightly bit misleading.

ykiki
13th August 2008, 00:24
Title needs a " ? " at the end.

nigelred5
13th August 2008, 02:45
Naah, Vitor is ok, but he doesn't seem like a Ganassi type pick to me. His track record is either find a well proven race winner or go off the board for F3000/Gp2 types. Weren't there rumours of the Target money drying up or going away altogether?

Chamoo
13th August 2008, 05:47
Weren't there rumours of the Target money drying up or going away altogether?

All those rumors dried up after they won Indy.

bblocker68
13th August 2008, 16:04
Excuse me for my ignorance but is this a confirmed information or semi speculation or pure guesses? Because the title can be a slightly bit misleading.

Yup, it needs to be edited.

I think it would also be cool if LeBron got traded to the Lakers for Lamar Odom, but I wont state it as fact......

ChampUSfan
14th August 2008, 17:26
Title needs a " ? " at the end.

I agree. I think Vitor is still under contract at Panther. For the second seat at Ganassi I'd love to see Alex Lloyd in. he deserves a good ride.

V12
15th August 2008, 11:49
I'd love to see Vitor get a top level ride. To be honest it irritates me that the teammate he showed the way at Rahal is at AGR while Vitor has to make the best (which he does!) of a ride with an underfunded one-car team (With greatest respect to Panther, Ganassi/Penske/AGR they aint).

F1boat
15th August 2008, 13:38
I hope that Chip keeps Wheldon and Dixon. They are both a proven winners and champions.

The instant classic
16th August 2008, 14:40
I'd love to see Vitor get a top level ride. To be honest it irritates me that the teammate he showed the way at Rahal is at AGR while Vitor has to make the best (which he does!) of a ride with an underfunded one-car team (With greatest respect to Panther, Ganassi/Penske/AGR they aint).
i agree that he needs a top ride,

for the small team vitor is apart of and still races strong week after week,,
he deservs a top ride more then anyone right now,

if i was a car,owner i wolud take vitor and rice,, they may not give me wins every week, but they will give you great finshs,, and not do dumb things on track,, i say vitor is the most underrated driver in racing today :champion:

weeflyonthewall
4th September 2008, 23:30
Maybe Brazilian stock cars? Panther just sent him a Dear Vitor letter.

seppefan
5th September 2008, 10:33

Panther need new engineers. I hope Dan knows that.....rumour they have lost Battistini now as well as Vitor and team personel. Seems John Barnes ego is on the rampage again. Not a good place to be unless you lick ..

bravefish
5th September 2008, 22:27
[quote

if i was a car,owner i wolud take vitor and rice,, they may not give me wins every week, but they will give you great finshs,, and not do dumb things on track,, i say vitor is the most underrated driver in racing today :champion:
[/QUOTE]

?????????

If I was a team owner I would take Dixon and Castroneves.

The only thing I would be doing with Rice would be ordering it as a side dish with my sweet and sour pork.

Vitor is a pretty good driver, wouldnt say he's underrated - he has had a good few years in good equipment, is pretty inconsistent and hasnt won a race after competing in a ton of them. Yes, agreed the slower pit work has played a factor in a few races this year - but only a few. He hasnt qualified well this year and has had to battle mid pack a lot because of this. Panther are getting a much better driver in Dan Wheldon. Rest assured Panther want 'wins', not just the odd 'solid finish'.

Some team will snap him up - probably not as good a ride as Panther though.

Indychic317
5th September 2008, 23:25
Although it would be nice to see Vitor at Ganassi I think Chip will put Lloyd in the seat with him being on contract anyways. I was kind of hoping that RLR would have two cars and hire Vitor back! Someone has to pick him up.