PDA

View Full Version : WRC Norway, - 2009

RicKT
11th August 2008, 19:58
Hi,

Its that time of year where i need to plan my annual WRC trip out to scandinavia..

For the last 2 years i have been out to Sweden for the WRC, last year was poor in respect of the snow but it was still a good rally..

As Swden has been dropped till 2010 I need to look at booking Norway..

First of all just looking for some advice from you all in regards to the expect routes or areas the stages are more than likley to be based in..

Any info would be great,

Cheers

Rick

DonJippo
11th August 2008, 20:40
We need to wait a bit untill they publish rallyguide1 there they have route info etc.

JTLarsen
11th August 2008, 20:47
Taken from the official homepage of the Rally:

Opening show 2009 will be in Oslo

The Bjerkebanen trotting track in Oslo becomes the arena for the opening show and the first special stage of Rally Norway on 12 February 2009. And, for the first time the final stage on 15 February will be in spectacular winter conditions in the mountains with two to three meter high walls of snow.
By running a special stage almost in the middle of the Norwegian capital, Rally Norway again brings something new into its part of the WRC circus. Both the international audience and the Norwegians will get close to the rally brothers Petter and Henning Solberg, Sebastien Loeb and the other rally stars.
“This will be a great opportunity for a big audience, both visitors and residents, in the Norwegian capital,” says Even Wiger, managing director of Rally Norway.
Compared with the first WRC round in Norway in 2007, Stig Rune Kjernsli, clerk of the course, promises more rally, entertainment and show.
“In 2009 all stages will be run twice, which makes the event more accessible for the spectators,” says Kjernsli.
Day by day

The 2009 rally stages have been trimmed and made even more spectator friendly. The special stages have also been designed and chosen to offer more interesting challenges for the drivers.
Day 1 (Thursday 12 February) the opening show and the first special stage will be run at the Bjerkebanen trotting track in Oslo, a venue with a rich rally history in Norway.
‘Day 1’ continues Friday 13 February in the southern part of Eastern Norway in the forests around Kongsvinger.
Day 2 (Saturday 14 February) the rally continues with the spectacular mountain stage and another special stage in the Olympic arena of Lillehammer before a special stage in the city of Hamar, the host city, ends the third day.
Day 3 (Sunday 15) will have special stages in the forests east of Hamar and the final special stage will be a new mountain stage, at Hedmarksvidda (Hedmark mountain plateau), in an area with copious snow and picturesque views, around Budor guest house.
Meters of snow

“Probably, for the first time in WRC’s history, the final special stage will be run through a corridor enclosed by two to three meter high walls of snow. I call this spectacular,” states a pleased clerk of the course, Stig Rune Kjernsli.

MartijnS
11th August 2008, 20:57
I will probably be here, Sweden was great last year. This should be better with lots of snow :D

RicKT
11th August 2008, 22:16
Cheers for the info..

I need to spend an evening doing reaseach to find out where will be best to stay, taking into account access to stages but also with a bit of decent nightlife,

As you know, you cant beat rally and beer!!

Cheers

Rick

J4MIE
11th August 2008, 22:38
We need to wait a bit untill they publish rallyguide1 there they have route info etc.

Count me in Sir Don :cool: For the first time in my life neither money nor time off work is a problem :bounce:

J4MIE
11th August 2008, 22:47
Also I hope that there is plenty of snow and that it is really cold, I was very disappointed in Sweden this year so hopefully Norway can make up for that :D

cosmicpanda
12th August 2008, 04:12
3 meter snowbanks?

That's going to be crazy.

DonJippo
12th August 2008, 08:01
Count me in Sir Don :cool: For the first time in my life neither money nor time off work is a problem :bounce:

Money no problem :eek: BJ if you read this make sure to book ***** stars accomodation for us, Jamie is going to pay :cool:

J4MIE
12th August 2008, 11:46
Don I'm not rich, I can't afford to pay for everybody but you know I would if I could :p : As long as it is better value than the one we had in Sweden I will be happy :D

RicKT
12th August 2008, 22:09
Also I hope that there is plenty of snow and that it is really cold, I was very disappointed in Sweden this year so hopefully Norway can make up for that :D

Hi mate..

Yeah this year was poor for the snow comapred tio 2007...

Right.. time for me to start planning..

Whats your opinion on a good base? ie.. Hamar, Lillerhammer, or even Oslo but its a "few" miles away..?

Cheers

Rick

skarderud
15th August 2008, 20:24
hello.

its 130 km from hamar till oslo, and 65km from hamar till lillehammer.
the best partyplace will be hamar and lillehammer, i will prefer lillehammer, couse it will be wery much people in hamar these days!
its always much people inn lillehamer this time a year, so its bigger clubs up there.
kongsvinger (my hometown) isnt a nightclub-city at all, elverum (lived there for 2 years) isnt spesial ether. when hamar (lived there for 3 years) is normal smalltown in norway, but lillehammer (lived here for 8 years, and still live here) is the closest you will come a partyplace, i think!

when it comes to weather, its are no guarantee, but a normal winter in lillehammer is 1-1,5 mtrs snow and around -25 hole february. the last stage, to budor, its between hamar and elverum, there it will be atleast 2 mtrs of snow. this winter we had the snowbanks higher than the roof on my car at home, so i will normaly be lots of snow.

welcome to lillehammer, as the slogans says under the olympics -94.....

VFTS
16th August 2008, 21:28
-25 in Lillehammer whole February is bull!

It can be -25 some days, but normal temperature in Lillehammer in february will be between -3 and -15

skarderud
17th August 2008, 18:47
well, bull?

this year it was wery varm at that time a year, from 0 to -10. normal it should be from -10 to -20, and some days uppto -28.
so i hope it will be a normal vinter this year!
but its warmer in february than in end of desember and january...

Salist
28th August 2008, 17:11
Where will the Service Park in 2009?
In the "Viking Ship" again?

Salist
28th August 2008, 18:19
Here is my pictures from the Service Park in 2007.
http://www.ursu.hu/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=41&page=1&sort=

SubaruNorway
28th August 2008, 20:16
Yup will be service in the "Viking ship" this time too

Salist
29th August 2008, 09:02
Yup will be service in the "Viking ship" this time too

Hurray, thanks. :-)

Sulland
29th August 2008, 13:02
The 5 years I lived at Lillehammer it was actually quite normal to have a 3-4 week periode with temps btw -20 to -30 Celsius.

But this is a while ago, and not sure how it is these days.

Viking
12th September 2008, 22:19
Rally Guide 1 with itineraries and maps is out.

http://www.rallynorway.com/en/competitors/rg1-2009.html

richy
13th September 2008, 09:15
theres a possibility i could go to this, depending on leave at work :)

Salist
13th September 2008, 18:41
here is the maps:
http://www.rallynorway.com/files/2009/RG1/Appendix2_RG1_09.pdf

and here the itinerary
http://www.rallynorway.com/files/2009/RG1/Appendix1_RG1_09-1.pdf

Salist
21st September 2008, 16:19
Has for somebody any information these special stages?
maps, gps info...etc.

- Finnskogen
- Kirkenaer
- Mountain
- Hamar
- Valer

Thanks.

skarderud
21st September 2008, 21:19
Has for somebody any information these special stages?
maps, gps info...etc.

- Finnskogen
- Kirkenaer
- Mountain
- Hamar
- Valer

Thanks.

hello.

on http://www.rallynorway.com it is maps that show you where the stages is.
finnskogen is a nice, and quite fast, stage in the forrest, its quite similar to several of the stages in sweden. its actually in my parents backyard...

kirkenær is a spesially build ss, with tecnikal parts and jumps, and you have a nice sight over a long distance, but its popably a lot of people there! it is ca 10 km from the end of finnskogen-ss.

mountain is as its name, on the mountains in ringsakerfjellet, and ends close to sjusjøen that is a sentral place for the birkebeiner x-country skiing race every winter. it is parts up there that is reel nice, but not so easy to came to it, so you have to drive a car into it before they close the road in the morning, as we is going to this year.

hamar is similar to the sss last year, in the park at ankerskogen.

våler, is a new ss this year, if i remember right, and go up in the mountains west for the place våler in solør. should be a nice ss, if i know my mapreading right ive driven that road few years ago, should be a nice ss, but same type that the ss finnskogen is. nice if you love forrests....

use the googlemaps, and wright i the places, can se if i find the names that its start/finnish on the different ss's.
tips: å is aa, æ is ae, ø is oe! difficult norweigan letters.

Salist
22nd September 2008, 10:44
Skarderud

Thank you for help!!!!

hello.

on http://www.rallynorway.com it is maps that show you where the stages is.
finnskogen is a nice, and quite fast, stage in the forrest, its quite similar to several of the stages in sweden. its actually in my parents backyard...

kirkenær is a spesially build ss, with tecnikal parts and jumps, and you have a nice sight over a long distance, but its popably a lot of people there! it is ca 10 km from the end of finnskogen-ss.

mountain is as its name, on the mountains in ringsakerfjellet, and ends close to sjusjøen that is a sentral place for the birkebeiner x-country skiing race every winter. it is parts up there that is reel nice, but not so easy to came to it, so you have to drive a car into it before they close the road in the morning, as we is going to this year.

hamar is similar to the sss last year, in the park at ankerskogen.

våler, is a new ss this year, if i remember right, and go up in the mountains west for the place våler in solør. should be a nice ss, if i know my mapreading right ive driven that road few years ago, should be a nice ss, but same type that the ss finnskogen is. nice if you love forrests....

use the googlemaps, and wright i the places, can se if i find the names that its start/finnish on the different ss's.
tips: å is aa, æ is ae, ø is oe! difficult norweigan letters.

Salist
22nd November 2008, 15:34
Hamar webcam:
http://www.hht.no/

Jonte
31st January 2009, 19:59
Since there is no Swedish rally this year, I will do my first visit to Rally Norway. However, it will be a one day trip only - friday.

Witch stages should I visit? I like it fast and not too crowdy. I rather like to walk an extra km to stand more lonley. I rather see topspeed than a jump or a junktion.
After doing some serious studuing I have some questions to all norwigen friends:

1. Start of Opaker - whats it like? Crowdy? Can you pass that river or do you have to enter by the startingline?
2. First km's of Finnskogen? Good views?
3. Kongsvinger - the part after the horse race track? Is it any good? Crowdy?

4. Your tip?
5. Onther things - traffic and so on. Sonthin special to concider? Is it possible to pick two different stages or will the roads get jamed?

Thank you very mutch dear neighbours! Im really looking forward to this.

Ghostwalker
31st January 2009, 22:30
weather forecasts are looking good : http://www.yr.no/place/Norway/Oppland/Lillehammer/Lillehammer/ cold weather and snow.

JFL
31st January 2009, 22:58
off topic! How is the weather in sweden now? If there was wrc this year?

Iskald
31st January 2009, 23:13
Why is this old thread brought up again? There is a Rally Norway thread going quite nicely - why not concentrate on that?

JFL
31st January 2009, 23:15
Bare for å irritere sikkert.. :)

Ghostwalker
1st February 2009, 11:40
off topic! How is the weather in sweden now? If there was wrc this year?

there are a little snow in Hafors but its cold and more cold weather and snow is expected.

Jonte
1st February 2009, 18:58
Bare for å irritere sikkert.. :)

I'm so sorry to disturb you balance by picking the wrong thread.

I almost forgot why I stoped writing at this forum - that all the answers you get is nonsens about what I posted where. I cant remember when I acctually got an answer that was useful.

So again - I'm really sorry to disturb and irritate JFK and Iskallt by trying (I really did) to find that very thread that discussed spectating. If I would have put a post in the normal Norway thread (which I read through), someone would have picked on me there. Thasthappens all the time. That thread was more or less about the entrylist. One thing is for sure - a proper answer wasnt really to expect.

I have always tried to ask questions that really interests me and I've been trying to give good answers whenever I cold. I've never written someting just to write somthing (yes once - when I accidently mentioned the swedish Vasalopp crosscountry skiing race in a topic about swedish weather. that post I was also to regret).

I promise that I never bother you again and hope you norwigans will have a nice life and a good rally. Forget my questions, I'll find my way around anyway.

Moderators and others, thanks for a job well done.

After 8 years I'm tired of the mentality on this forum and I'm leaving it for good.

Psycho!
1st February 2009, 19:46
Will Henning have a test before his home event??

JFL
1st February 2009, 19:55
Will Henning have a test before his home event??
yes..

Tomi
1st February 2009, 20:05
I'm so sorry to disturb you balance by picking the wrong thread.

I almost forgot why I stoped writing at this forum - that all the answers you get is nonsens about what I posted where. I cant remember when I acctually got an answer that was useful.

So again - I'm really sorry to disturb and irritate JFK and Iskallt by trying (I really did) to find that very thread that discussed spectating. If I would have put a post in the normal Norway thread (which I read through), someone would have picked on me there. Thasthappens all the time. That thread was more or less about the entrylist. One thing is for sure - a proper answer wasnt really to expect.

I have always tried to ask questions that really interests me and I've been trying to give good answers whenever I cold. I've never written someting just to write somthing (yes once - when I accidently mentioned the swedish Vasalopp crosscountry skiing race in a topic about swedish weather. that post I was also to regret).

I promise that I never bother you again and hope you norwigans will have a nice life and a good rally. Forget my questions, I'll find my way around anyway.

Moderators and others, thanks for a job well done.

After 8 years I'm tired of the mentality on this forum and I'm leaving it for good.

dont be too hard on your self, its not your fault if others dont understand the topic of this tread.

Iskald
1st February 2009, 21:56
Since there is no Swedish rally this year, I will do my first visit to Rally Norway. However, it will be a one day trip only - friday.

Witch stages should I visit? I like it fast and not too crowdy. I rather like to walk an extra km to stand more lonley. I rather see topspeed than a jump or a junktion.
After doing some serious studuing I have some questions to all norwigen friends:

1. Start of Opaker - whats it like? Crowdy? Can you pass that river or do you have to enter by the startingline?
2. First km's of Finnskogen? Good views?
3. Kongsvinger - the part after the horse race track? Is it any good? Crowdy?

4. Your tip?
5. Onther things - traffic and so on. Sonthin special to concider? Is it possible to pick two different stages or will the roads get jamed?

Thank you very mutch dear neighbours! Im really looking forward to this.

I still think you should have used the proper Rally Norway thread instead of digging up this old one....

But since you have been so unhappy with the response, I will try to be a good neighbour and answer your questions.

1. I wouldn`t recommend Opaker SS 2/6 unless you are willing to walk quite a distance uphill to the start and into the stage. It shouldn`t be too crowdy from the start, but it`s not very accessible.
2. Finnskogen SS4/7 - one of the best stages of the whole rally, a classic from the Finnskog Rally. Runs in opposite direction from what is mostly used. Access road from Kirkenær into junction appr. 3 kms from the start. Don`t know how far you will get in, but its a good place in quite open forest.
3. Kongsvinger SS5/8 runs into the trotting track, but if you are interested in fast stuff the end of the stage will be perfect for you.

I don`t think the roads will be jammed on friday. There are two big roads (20 and 210) on either side of the river. Road 20 passes stage 6/9 and through the community of Kirkenær, and could be a problem in the late afternoon.

Happy now, Jonte?

scirocco
3rd February 2009, 15:37
The end of Kongsvinger is not fast at all, its rather tricky and downhill, but in the middle og the stage it is fast as hell.. (south of horsetrac

Iskald
3rd February 2009, 20:41
The end of Kongsvinger is not fast at all, its rather tricky and downhill, but in the middle og the stage it is fast as hell.. (south of horsetrac

Thats a matter of opionion. Except for the last couple of hundred metres, the whole part of the stage from the horse trotting track right to the end of the stage is one hell of a fast road...