PDA

View Full Version : J.J. Yeley FIRED from #96

RaceFanStan
8th August 2008, 15:04
J.J. Yeley has been dismissed from the #96 Hall of Fame Racing Toyota effective immediately ...
P.J. Jones will be in the #96 HOF Toyota @ Watkins Glen ...
after that Brad Coleman will be the driver of the #96 Toyota for the rest of the season ...
even in the Joe Gibbs Racing Nationwide Series Toyota, Coleman has not shown a lot of talent ...
the problem @ Hall of Fame Racing ISN'T the driver but the crew that is lacking IMO.

(Hall of Fame Racing gets their chassis & engines from Joe Gibbs Racing)

J.J. Yeley
Cup Series Statistics
95 starts - 0 wins - 2 top 5s - 7 top 10s
Busch Series Statistics
117 starts - 0 wins - 13 top 5s - 39 top 10s

Brad Coleman (in #18 Joe Gibbs Racing since 2007)
Nationwide Series Statistics
42 starts - 0 wins - 3 top 5s - 6 top 10s

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/cup/08/06/jjyeley.bcoleman.driver.change/index.html

Sparky1329
8th August 2008, 15:37
Racing is a very fickle sport. JJ never seemed to be able to get this stock car thing to work out for him. Too bad. He's a nice kid.

RaceFanStan
8th August 2008, 19:24
I don't expect Brad Coleman to do any better than J.J. Yeley did in the #96 ...
UNLESS Joe Gibbs Racing takes direct involvement in Hall of Fame Racing.

jslone
9th August 2008, 06:59
Why would they partner up with a Dallas Cowboy?Troy is still part owner of Hall of Fame right?Plus I dont think JJ is a good driver,not so much being in a fickle sport,he is just not a good driver.Maybe in another series but not Nascar.

Simmi
9th August 2008, 11:37
I really expected this team to do better this season. They were fairly solid top 20 runners last season, and now with JGR/Toyota having the season they are, I'd have expected them to push on in 08. Maybe the team did too and that's why J.J. is gone. I cant imagine Coleman will do any better but if something isnt working at this stage then I dont see the harm in trying something new for the remainder of the season.

bowers
9th August 2008, 20:31
JJ is really a driver that should not be in Cup. He had a golden opportunity with Gibbs and squandered it. His team mates finished 3rd (Hamlin) and 11th (Stewart) where he could only manage 29th! The core of that team now is dominating the season with Kyle Busch. Coleman doesn't appear to be the best of choices but neither was Jimmie Johnson when he came into the sport and look what he's a done. A change was warranted and frankly they should've done it earlier.

Cindy_AL
9th August 2008, 22:39
I thought JJ did pretty good when he was put in Stewarts car a few wks ago. Most of his problems this season was none of his making. His crew was not all that great and the chemistry just wasnt there. And you really cant compare what JJ had at Gibbs with what Kyle Busch has there now. He did not inherit the team... just the owner & car number.

Im hoping that he can at least land a Busch ride. He seemed to do well at that level and I never understood why they took that away from him.

oldhippie
10th August 2008, 16:48
hofr sucks and i hope yeley finds a good ride in cup

tstran17_88
10th August 2008, 17:44
Why would they partner up with a Dallas Cowboy?Troy is still part owner of Hall of Fame right?Plus I dont think JJ is a good driver,not so much being in a fickle sport,he is just not a good driver.Maybe in another series but not Nascar.Gibbs has lost his mind...LOL! Roger Staubach is one of the owners as well, but I think there are actually five or six people that are all part owners of the team.

e2mtt
11th August 2008, 04:00
Not every driver can make it at the top levels There's nothing wrong with dropping back to a level where you can succeed, rather then scrapping around at the back of the pack with no chance.

Good examples are Mike Skinner (mediocre Cup driver, but excells full time in the trucks) & Frank Kimmel (A few poor starts in underfunded Cup cars, but has won the last 8 ARCA champoinships)

ms0362
12th August 2008, 19:00
Most likely a ride in NW series for him.

carracing
15th August 2008, 19:13
Racing is a very fickle sport. JJ never seemed to be able to get this stock car thing to work out for him. Too bad. He's a nice kid.

I agree - he seems like a good kid. I wish him the best! :D