PDA

View Full Version : RD fired his steward based on homosexuality allegations?

ioan
6th August 2008, 15:10
Just ran into this news and I'm curious what the purists think about this:

The personal private jet steward to McLaren Formula One boss Ron Dennis has launched a legal battle against him, claiming he was unfairly sacked over unfounded rumours that he was gay.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2448762/McLaren-F1-boss-Ron-Denniss-private-jet-steward-sacked-over-gay-rumours.html

Does he bring F1 into disrepute through this? Don't forget he's the boss of one of the biggest F1 teams! :D

6th August 2008, 15:17
Just ran into this news and I'm curious what the purists think about this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2448762/McLaren-F1-boss-Ron-Denniss-private-jet-steward-sacked-over-gay-rumours.html

Does he bring F1 into disrepute through this? Don't forget he's the boss of one of the biggest F1 teams! :D

Very much depends on the outcome of the legal case....as it did with the President of the FIA.

6th August 2008, 15:26
"Jane Mulcahy - representing Mr Dennis, McLaren, Absolute Taste and Greyscape - said her clients denied the allegations but accepted that he had been unfairly dismissed because he was not given three months' written notice"

As my legal eagle has just said....that in itself is enough for a tribunal to find in favour of the claimant.

Even if the other allegations are proven to be utter crap (which I'm more than willing to believe until the case starts in earnest) it looks like Mr Dennis will be writing another big cheque.

PolePosition_1
6th August 2008, 15:32
Dunno, from that article I personally get the impression of sour grapes for being sacked. Also doesn't look like Dennis is heavily involved in this, and he just been brought into this to make the story more interesting for the media

But as we say - all depends on the outcome of the case.

Whether it brings the sport into disrepute depends on how much publicity the case gets and if Dennis is found guilty.

Roamy
6th August 2008, 15:46
Well Damon Hill fired his pilot because he was sweating on landing - this could be a natural occurrance under intensity and may have nothing to do with the talent or capability. So RD fires his for smoking Dick. I am sure the reason stated will be other. So because of the lawsuit the guy is admitting he is a rump rider. Hardly how I would like to join the "Mile High Club" I guess it pissed Ron off when the guy offered to show him the "real" joystick

ioan
6th August 2008, 17:45
So because of the lawsuit the guy is admitting he is a rump rider. Hardly how I would like to join the "Mile High Club" I guess it pissed Ron off when the guy offered to show him the "real" joystick

I'm not sure the guy admitted that he is gay.

inimitablestoo
6th August 2008, 19:55
The real reason he was sacked was because he told the aviation authorities that Ron's plane had been built using specifications from Jean Todt's plane... ;)

Valve Bounce
6th August 2008, 23:37
The real reason he was sacked was because he told the aviation authorities that Ron's plane had been built using specifications from Jean Todt's plane... ;)

Now we're getting somewhere!!

leopard
7th August 2008, 08:09
Certain people are not comfortable being around with such guy as they are usually possessive towards man. I have no wonder he was sacked for this reason. Mr Ron might not resist being pinched anytime he wears casual pants, and the guy is tempted.

Storm
7th August 2008, 09:02
It depends on what the outcome of the case is...sounds more like that guy is after some money...but don't think it will affect F1?

janneppi
7th August 2008, 09:49
Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with F1.