PDA

View Full Version : Enough of Bos!

gloomyDAY
6th August 2008, 01:27
I smell a conspiracy theory in which the French were trying to ruin Subaru in the WRC. Then again, Subaru just plain suck. Hopefully this will earn them better results!

Here is the article (http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=2145&desc=Subaru%20takes%20the%20lead%20in%20damper%20p roject). Not much of difference this will make, but who knows?

Also, I was laughing because many of YOU stated the failure of Bos' dampers.
Only took over a year to figure out the problem. :p

Torsen
6th August 2008, 03:44
well your right... i don't think subaru's bos damper being a problem was any secret... i'm sure it has to do a lot more with $$$ than it does with addressing the problem...

I love subaru ... but I am sad to see them still not in the same level as some of the other cars...

soon.. hopefully soon we'll see subaru turn around... seeing Chris' performance over the last couple of rally's really encourage me... but i wanna see subaru keeping pace.... i think finland is the best place to demonstrate a lot from the cars and drivers...

Viking
6th August 2008, 09:22
At least it looked like they were going in the right direction in Finland.
I did some calculation and day1 Petter was fastest of them 0,74s/km after fastest driver(Loeb), day2 Chris 0,49s/km after Loeb and on day3 Petter was fastest 0,37s/km adrift of Mikko and ending it with a stage win.

Fischer
6th August 2008, 13:40
There's always something with mr. Hollywood, maybe he just likes the drama?

Xsara Fan
6th August 2008, 15:03
OK. Now BOS dampers. What next, Petter? Pirelli tyres? Windscreen? Steering wheel?

JAM
7th August 2008, 01:44
How could be the future?

Subaru going to WTCC :rolleyes:

N.O.T
7th August 2008, 02:28
the whole subaru situation is going from bad to worse....

Finni
7th August 2008, 08:45
I wonder if the Boss dampers are main reason for Subaru's lack of pace. Last year in Finland Atkinson was hanging few seconds away from stage wins with the old car and old dampers. Now we should expect some better even with those old dampers because _the car_ was said to be completely out-dated - now it's dated and they are slower than ever.

grugsticles
7th August 2008, 09:23
I wonder if the Boss dampers are main reason for Subaru's lack of pace. Last year in Finland Atkinson was hanging few seconds away from stage wins with the old car and old dampers. Now we should expect some better even with those old dampers because _the car_ was said to be completely out-dated - now it's dated and they are slower than ever.
I dont know why SWRT just dont drop BOS as their supplier of dampers when all the quotes Ive read/heard point to the dampers being the main issue.
Why cant they use the same product as Citroen/Ford? or even change to another supplier?

I assume its all to do with the legal side of things.

FST
8th August 2008, 17:16
I dont know why SWRT just dont drop BOS as their supplier of dampers when all the quotes Ive read/heard point to the dampers being the main issue.
Why cant they use the same product as Citroen/Ford? or even change to another supplier?

I assume its all to do with the legal side of things.

Because Citroen make their own dampers and Ford own around a 70% stake in Reiger

gloomyDAY
8th August 2008, 17:20
Remember when Petter's damper burst into flames at Rally Jordan?

http://www.pspsps.tv/facepalm.jpg

A.F.F.
8th August 2008, 22:37
How could be the future?

Subaru going to WTCC :rolleyes:

Nope. Tommi Mäkinen Racing taking over ;)

gloomyDAY
8th August 2008, 23:15
Nope. Tommi Mäkinen Racing taking over ;)
:D Does Tommi have the resources?

grugsticles
9th August 2008, 10:46
I doubt it but I certainly dont think they would loose focus like Prodrive have done over the last 4 years (and are regaining atm).

A.F.F.
9th August 2008, 11:29

Let me just say he's getting there. :)