PDA

View Full Version : *$&!)%* Police!

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 10:03
Having had several thousands pounds worth of stuff stolen from me two weeks ago, I've had to fight tooth and nail just to get a CSPO to take my theft's details.

Now all the items taken have turned up at an auction and will the police do anything but take a few (not all) of the details from me? No :mark: I've done all the detective work for them, and they still won't act.

Not one call back from an officer, not one scrap of effort from them so far.

So I've called two newspapers and both are not only running the story and all it's details, but one has put a journalist on the case for me - she's calling auctioneers, police and everyone at this very moment in an effort to track down who sold, bought and handled my goods.

Of course, if I'd dared take a photo of Amy Winehouse in a private place, the police'd be on the case like vultures :mark:

So much for being tough on crime.

Dave B
4th August 2008, 12:37
We had a burglary at work a few years back, and an eagle-eyed employee also spotted some of the stuff at an auction. The police wouldn't attend, but did come to work the following Monday to take a statement :rolleyes:

Tip: if you want to burgle anybody, do it in my neck of the woods this week. All the police are busy dealing with a thousand idiotic climate change campaigners who seem hell-bent on attempting suicide by breaking into an operational power station.

Anyway, stop banging on about your rural lifestyle ;) :p

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 12:55
This isn't about rural lifestyles, it's about bloody crap police.

South Yorks police have just called me to say they can't investigate unless I ring Humberside police and get them to call South Yorkshire. Asked about the irony of their request, they simply said "it's policy"

I called Humberside and, even after taking statements and handing out log numbers, they had no details of the crime. None. However, both North and South Yorkshire did ... from Humberside computers :mark:

I complained savage Hazell stylee to both Humberside and South Yorkshire's switchboards about 30 minutes ago. Since then my phone hasn't stopped ringing and they're finally calling the auctioneers now.

The newspaper I rang this morning has already called the auctioneers ..... and probably they've gotten further in the investigation :(

GridGirl
4th August 2008, 13:05
Hazell, your theft is extremely tiny in the grand scheme of things. You can't exactly expect half a dozen police officers to go racing out to solve the crime immediately surely?

How do you know if the stuff being autioned is yours anyway? Was it all logo-ed up or something? The police have only got your word that it is your stuff to go on. If theres no way of easily distinguishing the fact that it was yours, yet again you can hardly expect them to go rushing out to have a look.

Hazell B
4th August 2008, 13:23
Hazell, your theft is extremely tiny in the grand scheme of things. You can't exactly expect half a dozen police officers to go racing out to solve the crime immediately surely?

How do you know if the stuff being autioned is yours anyway? Was it all logo-ed up or something? The police have only got your word that it is your stuff to go on. If theres no way of easily distinguishing the fact that it was yours again, yet again you can hardly expect them to go rushing out to have a look.

Without wishing to offend, DO NOT patronise me.

I don't expect a squad of officers. All I want is one officer to ring an auctioneer and ask for details of who entered my stuff in the auction. It's called detecting and it's why we have police. One simple call is all it takes, then they either continue or not. In the mean time, one journalist has given me details of dozens of linked crimes (I won't go in to details) and he has only a week writing about the subject.

My crime may be small, although several thousands of pounds missing from your belongings may make you think differently, but it is clearly linked to a vehicle stolen from 200 yards away, dozens of similar crimes and frankly it's fairly eaily solved. They've been repeatedly given exact details of when and where it was all sold but have done nothing. They've also been given parts from a stolen vehicle used to batter my gates down, yet still haven't linked it to the stolen vehicle we all know it's from. It's pathetic. The vehicle was worth about twenty thousand before it was dented to hell ram-raiding my place.

Yes, everything is easily visible as mine. Each and every stock tray the gear was sold in had my business name and phone number on it, and the trailer was sold branded too. The police know it's mine, they've seen exactly how I price up and label everything too - plus have access to all of my wholesaler paperwork showing the exact items I bought, when, where, everything.

GridGirl
4th August 2008, 13:38

GridGirl
4th August 2008, 13:39
Without wishing to offend Hazell, you didn't say how you knew the stuff was yours in your PREVIOUS posts. If you'd have mentioned all that in your first few posts I might have been more sympathetic. Nothing like telling half a story eh? :rolleyes:

harvick#1
4th August 2008, 14:43

come to my hometown, there is a cop on every block and there never is really any serious crimes in our town, theres just way too big of a police force here

Drew
5th August 2008, 17:10
Perhaps you should have offered a cut should they have recovered the metal ;)

The local police station is only open on Wednesday to the public, seems almost pointless :confused:

Hazell B
5th August 2008, 21:59
Nothing like telling half a story eh? :rolleyes:

The other day I was moaned at for droning on - it appears I now have to type every detail :rolleyes:

My official complaint to Humberside police isn't going to miss a single detail .... but as they've already said I've been offered shabby (their words) service I guess they've worked out the mess to some extent.

It seems the CSPO who took my original statement simply kept getting messages to do something but didn't do anything. The work (which he isn't allowed to do anyway) just piled up in his files and he didn't ask for help from real officers.

Rang all the police forces involved this morning and none would tell me anything again, so went to the police station and kicked off. That got a real officer on a computer. Within two minutes they were saying sorry and owning up to the catalogue of mistakes.

Within half an hour a senior officer rang me and another turned up to take a statement - which became 3 1/2 hours of stock taking :p : - and they found all of my gear's details at the auctioneers.

See, I said they only need make a single phone call to find everything!
Sadly all my stuff's been sold now, but they recovered somebody else's stolen trailer and have a reasonable chance of catching the 'gypsy type' who entered all my things in the auction.

The delay's meant I lose everything, however :(

No wonder crime figures keep falling when we all know they're going up - failings mean crimes aren't even given a crime number and nobody bothers to investigate them unless you scream blue murder.

Jag_Warrior
10th August 2008, 16:59
No wonder crime figures keep falling when we all know they're going up - failings mean crimes aren't even given a crime number and nobody bothers to investigate them unless you scream blue murder.

I feel for you, Hazell. Some years back, I moved to a rural area to escape the silliness of urban areas. On the few occasions that I had to summons the police where I used to live, I found that the only way to get a guaranteed response was to end my call with "...and I think he's got a gun." My eyes aren't so good at night. Hey, I thought the guy had a gun... maybe I was wrong. But they always showed up... QUICK! :) In the area I'm in now, I've had two car loads of cops show up at my parents' home over a wandering sheep, unleashed dogs, a bear that came down out of the mountains and wouldn't leave and a 9 year old who threw a rock at their garage.

I'm glad there's not much crime here. But if anything serious happened, I do wonder how prepared these doughnut eaters would be. Without GPS, I doubt a cop could find my house... which hopefully is true of a prospective criminal too. Yours sounded like an easy case to break. But like a lot of public officials, not all police are motivated to do what they should be doing.

angie1313
11th August 2008, 15:43
That sucks Hazell. I think you have every right to be angry! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. :)

leopard
12th August 2008, 03:56
That sucks Hazell. I think you have every right to be angry! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. :)
She needs advices or opinions :) ;)

Hazell B
12th August 2008, 12:03
That sucks Hazell.

That's an opinion ;)

I think you have every right to be angry!

Opinion ;)

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. :)

That's kind. Thanks Angie :up: