PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport Achievements

Azumanga Davo
28th January 2007, 11:27
I must say that you can never forget your first taste of motorsport success ever must have been like. Now I know how good that is too.

http://www.motorplex.com.au/news/2007_01_24_1.html
The table on the bottom of the page explains it all.

It was my second week racing as well. So that felt good to put one over the more experienced names. :)

So what motorsport acheivements have got? Must be a load of stories in here to tell. ;)

Donney
28th January 2007, 13:12
Other than getting my licence in my first attempt and winning several Wrc champs in the PS2 none.

:D

EuroTroll
28th January 2007, 16:43
Congrats, my good fellow! :up:

I usually beat my friends when we go karting, but that's not really an achievement, since they really haven't got a clue. :laugh: :)

edv
28th January 2007, 20:11
I'm batting .500 when running from the cops

Daniel
28th January 2007, 21:12
Not bad Dave :)

sonic_roadhog
28th January 2007, 21:42
YAY!! :D Way to go.

The web site ain't big enough for my mighty list tho; I'm just so multi tallented, Tin tops, rally, single seaters..... oh and I've never let my success go to my head either! :D ;)

Sonic :)

millencolin
29th January 2007, 02:57
i watched 12 straight hours of motorsport in one day without leaving the couch at all...

Azumanga Davo
29th January 2007, 03:29
12 hours eh? I remember the good old days when I was capable of watching a Grand Prix in one sitting without losing out to the Sandman (the bloke, not the panel van... ;) ).

I remember one seaon where I missed all but one GP due to beddy byes time, irnonically the only one I watched all the way through that season was the 6 cars running round Indy on their own... :D

Thanks guys. I vow that I shall continue to try for the money till they get fed up of taking my photo... ;)

Hondo
29th January 2007, 11:00
I won the first Motocross race I ever entered in 1970. Should have quit then.

Erki
29th January 2007, 11:12
i watched 12 straight hours of motorsport in one day without leaving the couch at all...

I watched the 24 Hours of Le Mans last year from beginning to end, over 24 hours. Also, at 7am on Sunday, after being up over 24 hours I managed to do 30 push-ups to stay awake. It worked.

airshifter
29th January 2007, 15:56
Many, many years ago during an open track day I posted the quickest street legal trim lap time at Laguna Seca, which was awarded with nothing other than bragging rights on that particular day.

The only other I can recall was much more fun. In my younger years I got into drag racing. At the time information exchange was much harder than it is now, and us younger "kids" hard a hard time breaking into the information base that the more experienced drivers had.

Unknown to some of the older crowd, a couple of them had helped us out with tips and information in exchange for helping them on their cars and such. My true night of acceptance was after sandbagging one of the older guys in a grudge match. I beat him by a little more than a fender in a slower car by getting a near perfect reaction time and launch.

After that day a lot more of the "old timers" took me and a couple others seriously and helped us out a lot more. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
29th January 2007, 19:49
I won some races against some of the best competitors in the racing world.

See the simulations part of this forum ;)

CarlMetro
30th January 2007, 09:24
After a lot of training and dedication I managed to achieve 'wooden spoon' status in the first Forum Karting championships ;(

Scuderia ferrari
30th January 2007, 18:54
wining the F1 world championship (on GP4) And passing my junior karting license at leeds with what i thought were complete idiot kids on the track.....i showed them who is the boss!

Neil Adams
30th January 2007, 21:53
real world motorsport achievements
- 1m 7sec lap around brands in a standard pug 306
- causing a red flag at snetterton track day ;)

virtual world motorsport achievements
- 1st in the GT4 Nordschliefe trophy

Valve Bounce
30th January 2007, 21:59
I won some races in dinghy sailing, and also in a Sonata.

raybak
30th January 2007, 22:06
Won the SCA 6 hour Kart Challenge in 2001. Haven't won too much as a driver although I do have a Bathurst trophy :) 1st ACT Novice Rally driver 2002, most of my other wins are for codriving. the best win being the Clubman round held in conjunction with the ARC at Bathurst in 2005.

This year going to try and win ACT Clubman as a driver.

Ray

speedy king
6th February 2007, 01:03
Congratulations :) A lot of people critisise professional drivers from their armchairs without understanding how tough it really is on track, well done

I came 2nd in Junior Rotax Max (Karting) in my second year in 2004. Finished on the podium in my first wet race.

Most recently led the TV Kartmasters British Kart GP in 2006 before being somewhat....suspiciously knocked in to a big crash which followed as i rejoined the track backwards :s Haven't raced at a professional level since then as i can't afford it anymore. Last race i done was a fun day event in pro karts for the Vibe FM/Kiss 100 Karting Challenge, a 2 hour endurance with Rotax team mate Rubens Morelli and driver coach and World Karting champ and F.BMW driver Olli Oakes......our team came 2nd after we got a stop go penalty for ramming and then had to change karts after ours broke :p :

Racing, great thrill when it lasts.

My darkest moment and biggest regret is missing last years FKM after a knee injury and failing to whipe that wooden spoon off Carl :p :

Azumanga Davo
6th February 2007, 04:33
Would you believe...: :D

http://www.motorplex.com.au/news/2007_02_01.html

It happened again. This time third best reaction after heading the table for two hours last Wednesday. But couldn't improve as the fuel starvation problems began afterwards. :( Still, all good really. :)

And yes, I am the short*rse... :D

Robinho
6th February 2007, 13:27
i've won my class in a couple Production Car autotests (on grass, against an assortment of Novas and Pugs and Minis)

about all for now

MrJan
6th February 2007, 22:58
The mechanic that fixes my family's cars won a national rally championship last year. That's about as close as I've got to success in motorsport but I did once play a few minutes for a school volleyball team which went on to win the minor tournement it was in, I got a plastic trophy and everything :D ;)

Azumanga Davo
7th February 2007, 05:42
Tonight's the night again, let's see how it all turns out... ;)