PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to kentucky?

DavePI2
29th July 2008, 00:25
Will anyone here be going to kentucky besides me? This is my first race there since 05 so I am interested too see if fan hospitality, and parking(which both were terrible) have improved. Also looking forward to the twilight start as opposed to afternoon, hopefully the weather will be nicer. If anyone was there last year and has any comments about Kentucky Speedway please give comments about the speedway and exsperience you had. I'll be in the tower for the first time so it should be interesting.

david

The instant classic
29th July 2008, 00:32
i wolud love to go to kentucky but i need to save some money up for next year cuz im going to the 24 hours of daytona,

but have a great time at kentucky its always a great race there

MAX_THRUST
29th July 2008, 09:09
No chance,

I'm southern and a chicken!!!!!

MAX_THRUST
29th July 2008, 12:50
joking aside you lucky sod, enjoy it.....

dataman1
29th July 2008, 14:48
I wish I could but Hoosiers require a passport to get into Kentucky. Joking!

Have a wonderful time. Take some pictures and share with us.

garyshell
30th July 2008, 03:45
I wish I could but Hoosiers require a passport to get into Kentucky. Joking!

And shots!!!! Ok, Ok. I can say this because my dear departed Mom was from KY. And I live right across the river from the blue grass state.

Gary

DanicaFan
31st July 2008, 21:46
Yes, I will be at Kentucky for the race. Cant wait!

The instant classic
31st July 2008, 22:26
Yes, I will be at Kentucky for the race. Cant wait!
have alot of fun there :)

garyshell
4th August 2008, 16:15
I am contemplating going for the first time. Can anyone offer any advice on how long it takes to get to ones seat after leaving the expressway? Is there usually any sort of backup on the expressway?

The race starts at 6:00 and I am trying to determine what time I need to leave Cincinnati to make sure I arrive in time, but at the same time minimize my sun baking time.

Gary

DavePI2
4th August 2008, 23:12
I would get there early. Unless they have improved parking it could take a while to get to you seats. Last time I was there in 05 they made up park on the back side of the speedway(even though there was plenty of parking available in front)and they only had one shuttle bus that was so old it looked like something out of the Grapes of Wrath. Backup it a problem somethimes even though you can see the speedway from the freeway. Good thing it is near I 71 and it is a quick drive from either cincinnati, louisville, or lexington. Traffic getting out can really back up. I'd just wate for an hour or two before leaving and let everyone else waste their gas. Have fun, the best news is it is a beautifull track and the racing is great there. sharp and meira in 05 is some of the best racing I have ever seen.

david

MAX_THRUST
6th August 2008, 15:05
I never understand why everyone leaves at the same time. When I went to see the CART/CCWS races in the UK it was the same, unless you just sit around and soak up the atmosphere like I did. I had no problems at all getting out, but people still moan about it here now.

Wilf
7th August 2008, 19:52
I am contemplating going for the first time. Can anyone offer any advice on how long it takes to get to ones seat after leaving the expressway? Is there usually any sort of backup on the expressway?

The race starts at 6:00 and I am trying to determine what time I need to leave Cincinnati to make sure I arrive in time, but at the same time minimize my sun baking time.

Gary

Josh Kelly concert at 4:30.

Buy a pit pass and stroll the garrage area.

Humidity is supposed to be low this weekend so the area under the grandstand (out of the sun) will be comfortable.

Leave downtown at 3:30 and relax. Exit 57 is only 42 miles away and according to some folks on this forum, no one shows up so there won't be any traffic. But then, I didn't say that because I apparently don't exist because I am one of the "no ones" who has shown up for the last 7 or 8 years.

garyshell
7th August 2008, 19:55
Josh Kelly concert at 4:30.

Buy a pit pass and stroll the garrage area.

Humidity is supposed to be low this weekend so the area under the grandstand (out of the sun) will be comfortable.

Leave downtown at 3:30 and relax. Exit 57 is only 42 miles away and according to some folks on this forum, no one shows up so there won't be any traffic. But then, I didn't say that because I apparently don't exist because I am one of the "no ones" who has shown up for the last 7 or 8 years.

Some of the seating is shaded???

Gary

Wilf
7th August 2008, 20:04
Some of the seating is shaded???

Gary

No, I don't think so; just a food and beverage area. I guess you could see the track from there, but by 6:30 the sun won't be a problem.

After the race, watch the Firestone Indy Lights do their thing so you won't have to fight a crowd leaving.

DavePI2
8th August 2008, 00:16
the 04 and 05 races that I atteneded were certainly well attended, 03 was a very good crowd also