PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about Jarno Trulli

jens
20th July 2008, 18:00
During this season there have been discussions about almost every driver - including midfielders and even Sutil and Fisichella have had its discussion threads earlier in the season. But I think it's unfair Jarno has got so little attention. Toyota's #1 driver has been having a decent season and has resultswise exceeded everyone's expectations and hence IMO deserves his own thread too. As a fan of Jarno I've happily decided to create one.

Trulli has often been criticized for poor race pace, but even if we even look at this season, then out of 10 races I can find only 2, where he could have done better. Monaco, where actually wrong tyre choice played important part anyway and before which his pace looked okay. And yes, I have to admit at times his pace at Hockenheim wasn't satisfying too. Other criticism has involved his inconsistency - sure, he may be disappointing at times, but looking, how other drivers have been performing, then Jarno has shown not to be more inconsistent than others. I like his fighting spirit and skills (which he also showed in the beginning of the German GP) and he makes mistakes quite rarely in Grand Prix races (besides 2008 Hockenheim I can also remember 2007 Montreal and Magny-Cours from the last three seasons).

If we look back to the past, then I remember when Toyota signed a new 3-year-deal with him back in 2006, then the decision was widely criticized. Several people didn't see any justification in that and preferred to see Jarno retiring. But I think Trulli has proved that the deal was a right decision as he has been team's No.1 driver since then and has been the main collector of the goods for the team.

I really hope Toyota can produce a real challenger for 2009, so Jarno can amaze the world. His contract will expire at the end of 2009, but if he continues perfoming well, he may even continue beyond 2009.

Tomi
20th July 2008, 18:19
I have many opinions about Trulli, but 1 moderator would propably ban me if tell those here.

pino
20th July 2008, 21:24
I have many opinions about Trulli, but 1 moderator would propably ban me if tell those here.

That moderator soon needs a ride from Jyvaskyla to Helsinki, so you will be safe no matter what you are going to post :hmph: ;)

call_me_andrew
20th July 2008, 21:57
Truli is a fine race driver, but he can't work with other drivers. He didn't work well with Ralf because they want the cars set up two opposite ways. Ralf wanted a stiff chassis while Trulli wanted a soft chassis. Now he's having the same problem with Glock.

pino
21st July 2008, 08:47
Jarno is one of the best driver out there and could easily win the title if given a fast and reliable car :p :

Knock-on
21st July 2008, 09:32
Jarno is one of the best driver out there and could easily win the title if given a fast and reliable car :p :

You've been reading too many of ioans posts. It's rubbing off on you :p :

ArrowsFA1
21st July 2008, 09:46
Sadly Toyota will provide him with neither.

Tomi
21st July 2008, 09:46

Agree, he is clearly in top 20 of the current F1 drivers.