PDA

View Full Version : Xero at Oulton?

Alfa Fan
14th July 2008, 17:18
Anyone heard any more on this? I believe it was suggested by tdb a while ago that Xero would make their season debut at Oulton Park but it's gone quiet for a while. There's nothing on their website or TcT. When are we likely to find out the details of the entry?

peewhee
14th July 2008, 19:07
Anyone heard any more on this? I believe it was suggested by tdb a while ago that Xero would make their season debut at Oulton Park but it's gone quiet for a while. There's nothing on their website or TcT. When are we likely to find out the details of the entry?

I would image.. when they register!

tdb
15th July 2008, 23:00
Alfa Fan, I'm 100% certain you told everyone you were 99% certain you knew what was happening at Xero and i'm 100% certain you told me via PM you "have your sources",
So you tell us!

Alfa Fan
16th July 2008, 00:19
You told me you had a driver who'd signed a cheque for 50% of the season. I've consulted the calender and seen that there's 10 rounds in total, and 6 which have been carried out without Xero. Is the driver whose cheque for the 50% of the season happy that he's only going to get to do 40% of the rounds? Or less as you still haven't announced an entry!!

Without wanting to sound like a broken record.....

http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=453947#post453947

So on the 2nd April 2008 you had an ECU failure which has kept you out for 3 1/2 months?

http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=442775#post442775

peewhee
16th July 2008, 00:42
Without wanting to sound like a broken record.....

But YOU DO!!! :arrows: Constantly.....

VkmSpouge
16th July 2008, 18:06
Alfa could you stop poking tdb about this? Xero Competition will race when they are ready to. I really hope they race this season as I would love to see a Lexus IS200 do well in the BTCC.

tdb
16th July 2008, 19:57
You told me you had a driver who'd signed a cheque for 50% of the season. I've consulted the calender and seen that there's 10 rounds in total, and 6 which have been carried out without Xero. Is the driver whose cheque for the 50% of the season happy that he's only going to get to do 40% of the rounds? Or less as you still haven't announced an entry!!

OK Alfa Fan, i'll entertain you, for awhile at least.
You told Me you had "sources" so why should what i tell you have any relevance?
What i told you and you have made public, is fact!

in addition the signed driver has spent even more on testing etc. when he is ready to make his entry he will! Driver X has a wish to be competitive and has a 5 year plan, once the start of the season was missed, he made "his" decisions for "his" reasons. We have tested on a regular basis and set competitive times at various tracks( there are members of this forum who have witnessed that)!
So as i said before, your "sources" should tell you what you need to know about the future. ;)

Eurotech
19th July 2008, 16:52
Driver X

Aha! we have a name.........lol
;)

Eurotech
19th July 2008, 16:52
Driver X

Aha! we have a name.........lol
;)

VkmSpouge
19th July 2008, 16:59
Driver X is an X-cellent driver. X-actly who Xero need :p :

Marc W
19th July 2008, 21:53
The Car was on display in the Xero Awning at the Britcar meeting at Silverstone today.

peewhee
19th July 2008, 21:58
The Car was on display in the Xero Awning at the Britcar meeting at Silverstone today.

Did it have a drivers name on it?

Alfa Fan
23rd July 2008, 23:00
Still no news...

AndySpeed
23rd July 2008, 23:03
Still no news...

Well done!

PDS
23rd July 2008, 23:51
Did it have a drivers name on it?
If you looked closely... YES!

Les
24th July 2008, 05:53
can't see this coming out this year especially as I believe that name is off racing a different series

Eurotech
24th July 2008, 11:07
any pics of it?

Marc W
24th July 2008, 15:11
I took some of it on Saturday, but I've not got round to uploading them yet. I'll try and do it tonight.

Marc W
24th July 2008, 19:06
As promised. I know it's not a very good shot, I just took a quick snap as I walked past. I have another one where I zoomed into the cockpit but you can't really see anything.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/2698300695_1b026c9b5d.jpg

PDS
24th July 2008, 19:23
Missed a opportunity there Mark W! Didn't get the drivers name in shot...

Eurotech
24th July 2008, 20:19
whos sponsored by pinnacle?

Could be a clue.......

LiamM
24th July 2008, 20:20
whos sponsored by pinnacle?

Could be a clue.......

.....Xero Competition....... :P

Eurotech
25th July 2008, 16:14
....and nottingham forest!

Eurotech
25th July 2008, 16:22
but on a more serious note, wouldn't it have been better for Xero to have had the cars out on track at a btcc or britcar meeting and test them that way because then they would have been able to campare data with other teams?

and also, tdb keeps saying (no offence) the the team has made crutial steps in the cars development but hasn't everyone else?

Allyc85
25th July 2008, 17:33
Not having a dig, but Ive never read about a driver that wants to constantly test and not race, especially when theres budget there to do so. Is he not on the pace or something?

VkmSpouge
25th July 2008, 18:31
The Lexus in that livery looks a smart car.

VXRDartford
27th July 2008, 21:07
....and nottingham forest!

Different Pinnacle and they are sponsored by Capital One

reidy_fan
27th July 2008, 21:40
well did anyone see a lexus racing in today's btcc....nope neither did I

tdb
27th July 2008, 21:51
Probably because we weren't there and the other lexi have been sold out of the uk.

tisme
28th July 2008, 01:06
well did anyone see a lexus racing in today's btcc....nope neither did I

As no Lexus were entered for Oulton.. it would have been pretty difficult to see any there!

SEATFreak
28th July 2008, 11:13
Will Xero be at any of the remaining meetings? Knockhill, Silverstone or Brands Hatch?

Would it even matter? If not, why would it not mattter? I mean I think I know a bit about the penalty ballast and would it make sense to enter their cars knowing that they wouldn't ever really not have penalty ballast added on in any of the remaining 9 races? I wouldn't imagine so. But then I am not as logical thinking as many so feel free to correct me.

VX_Rules
28th July 2008, 13:52
There might have been some IS2000's in the car park? Possibly? :P

Eurotech
28th July 2008, 18:07
Different Pinnacle and they are sponsored by Capital One

I should know that - I LIVE IN NOTTINGHAM!

Eurotech
30th July 2008, 22:54
anyway, as an answer to the origional question Xero at Oulton? the answer would be no.

Alfa Fan
30th July 2008, 22:57
How about Knockhill? Seems an unlikely place to start your campaign, but then after that there's only 2 events to go.

Eurotech
30th July 2008, 23:00
Robertshaw started at Knockhill

and BTC Racing, Forward Motorsport (at the time run by Xero) and NJL racing all started with 2 events to go in 2006

dwracing23
25th August 2008, 22:58
OK Alfa Fan, i'll entertain you, for awhile at least.
You told Me you had "sources" so why should what i tell you have any relevance?
What i told you and you have made public, is fact!

in addition the signed driver has spent even more on testing etc. when he is ready to make his entry he will! Driver X has a wish to be competitive and has a 5 year plan, once the start of the season was missed, he made "his" decisions for "his" reasons. We have tested on a regular basis and set competitive times at various tracks( there are members of this forum who have witnessed that)!
So as i said before, your "sources" should tell you what you need to know about the future. ;)

I'm guessing this "project" isn't happening anymore after what a few sources have told me last week? It's a shame as the car looks very nice in the yellow and blue. But i'm sure we will see this "driver X" next season in the BTCC though, as he is a good little driver, shame he couldn't get out in the IS200.

We may see you next season in the Radical's though, decent little championship!!

tdb
26th August 2008, 21:37
At least our credentials are better than Team 48 or dwracing's plans!

We are currently running 14 cars in various championships and then there is our 09 LMP programme.

How's your elite management and driver programme going dw?
is the boss still delivering sandwhiches to BP stations?

We do not have any radicals, all sold.
Currently evaluating new cars for next years BTCC.

Plans change and evaluations take different directions based on competitiveness, Driver X wants to win and can with the right car.
We got the is200 on the pace but not enough to win races, so the decision has been made to purchase a winning car.
Watch this space......

Oh and dwracing23, when anything you say comes true, then you can critisize, but not before!

tdb
26th August 2008, 21:43
And Xero competition WILL be running a Btcc car at the silverstone metting!

VkmSpouge
26th August 2008, 23:22
Yep, you'll be running that lovely Cavalier in the parade.

Also tdb, I don't think DW was criticising Xero or yourself in anyway, his post just seemed an inquiry about the state of the team's plans to enter the BTCC. He even complimented the team on the Lexus livery.

dwracing23
27th August 2008, 00:10
At least our credentials are better than Team 48 or dwracing's plans!

We are currently running 14 cars in various championships and then there is our 09 LMP programme.

How's your elite management and driver programme going dw?
is the boss still delivering sandwhiches to BP stations?

We do not have any radicals, all sold.
Currently evaluating new cars for next years BTCC.

Plans change and evaluations take different directions based on competitiveness, Driver X wants to win and can with the right car.
We got the is200 on the pace but not enough to win races, so the decision has been made to purchase a winning car.
Watch this space......

Oh and dwracing23, when anything you say comes true, then you can critisize, but not before!

Ha-ha, well that made me lol! I must say I didn't expect anything less from you to be honest.

Lets just clear a few things up, as far as management goes not many 6 year old kids can get an International C license and race a touring car can they, you should know that since 1. You work in motorsport and 2. Oh you don't actually know me apart from when you worked on the IS200. 3. As far as DW Racing goes, this project was OFFERED to me, for me to find a suitable car – a suitable driver (which I did very successfully by the way) - team members etc by a very large company that a very successful business associate of mine owns, this was pulled at the last minute by him as he decided to put it on hold for a certain time, since then a lot of things have happened in his business, but a conversation a couple of days sounded very positive. So this was a sponsor approaching me, now that also doesn’t happen unless you have a relationship with people, but again you would know that wouldn’t you as you've worked in motorsport for many successful years?!

With regards to Team 48 I was never actually involved as much as you think, but again you should know this with all your motorsport contacts.

I hope you do "run" a car at Silverstone it will be good to see your skills on show on national TV and we can see how "well" Xero prepare and maintain another BTCC car.

As you may have noticed in this post I haven't spoke badly about Xero or yourself, it seems you may need to actually read what people post, take a deep breathe, think about it for a minute and then finally type a reply with out slagging off anyone that posts something you don’t like or think is having a go at you personally.

Just think for a minute, people are fighting in the world, now this is an important job!

One final point, you may also like to spell check your work before you post?

DW
x

tdb
28th August 2008, 19:33
You're right, i don't know you.
But while you were with the Non Paying camp, you were quick to critisize and judge, you also made various statements about things you gained second hand and often incorrect info about. therefore i will always treat your posts with comtempt.

Freedom of speech, spelt correctly or not, is something i am all for.
So i will always say what i feel, be truthfull and honest.
If i don't like what someone posts, i will say so and voice my opinion.
others are free to do the same.

As you said, i have been succesfull in motorsport for many years and in that time i have met a great number of dreamers and people with "big plans"

At least 2 post on here!

dwracing23
28th August 2008, 20:09
You're right, i don't know you.
But while you were with the Non Paying camp, you were quick to critisize and judge, you also made various statements about things you gained second hand and often incorrect info about. therefore i will always treat your posts with comtempt.

Freedom of speech, spelt correctly or not, is something i am all for.
So i will always say what i feel, be truthfull and honest.
If i don't like what someone posts, i will say so and voice my opinion.
others are free to do the same.

As you said, i have been succesfull in motorsport for many years and in that time i have met a great number of dreamers and people with "big plans"

At least 2 post on here!

You always seem like you want to start a argument with me or anyone that “states a different opinion than you”? At the end of the day you do for a living what you do, my friends have fought in Iraq, some work in a factory, some work as BTCC mechanics I’m not sure what your point was in your other post, maybe you can explain?

While was I was with the non paying camp? If you mean what I think you mean here I think you should be very, very careful about what you say shouldn’t you and you do know what I mean!

I may have criticized certain things in the past but only from what I saw with my own eyes, and heard from the source. I judged situations and spoke about them from what I had seen at the few races that Xero where involved in the BTCC with the IS200's. As you said "freedom of speech and my own opinion" these are the words you have used also.

I think that because the BTCC is such a great championship and the place to be with regards to racing none GT racing, there will always be people with "big plans" I always read about at least 10 teams a year that "will" enter the BTCC, and the majority don’t make it, mainly due to funding problems.

On the other hand you are the team mechanic, aren't you? You must also be fan of motorsport am I correct in thinking that?

MattL
28th August 2008, 22:26
I dont understand what either of you get out of having this conversation in public. Game over.