PDA

View Full Version : Who have you met from this forum?

A.F.F.
26th January 2007, 18:36
Yes, I know it's a scary thing to talk about and this thread might have been in the old forum.

But the beauty of this forum is that not only we get to talk and share opinions around the world, we actually might have the chace to meet in person. And I'm always willing to meet new interesting people :)

Anyways, I don't know how com I feel a bit guilty because it really shouldn't be a secret who I've met... well, maybe it is, for them part :D

But here we go. Three years in a row, I have had the chance of meeting some great forum members in Neste Oil rally Finland. I have to say that the weekends has been so special every year that most of these members feel like true friends now.

Pino + Mrs. Pino :) + Gigi
DonJippo
Tomi
Jamie aka J4MIE
Puddlejumper aka Rallybasher
FrankenSchwinn + his family
Kabouter
Danny
Pentti
Kakuke
Simokas
Christina the Sexiest Forum Member :D

Hopefully next NORF bring up new acquintances.

It's your turn :)

Erki
26th January 2007, 18:43
Kakuke
Jaanus
Simokas

I think that's all.

Knock-on
26th January 2007, 18:53
Too many. :D

But some very dear friends as well.

janneppi
26th January 2007, 18:54
I think i've seen Eki drive past me in his "car". :)

jso1985
26th January 2007, 18:56
myself :p : :(

schmenke
26th January 2007, 19:00
tinchote

Mark in Oshawa
26th January 2007, 19:04
No one yet....but I hope some day to meet a few. If I make it to Toronto this summer for the Champ Car GP, I will likely meet Starter. I know Indycool has given me a standard invitation to meet him in Indy for a coffee.

Now I am going back on the road as a long haul trucker for a while, I may meet a few of the Canadian and American posters, or at least have the opportunity to say hi.

Oh ya, any of one of the posters wants travel information on Canada or the US, I can give you some tips on travelling by road and things to see, since I have seen a lot of the contient from behind the wheel. Woodeye has asked me for some info, and I can do the same for anyone who asks!

OH ya AFF, tell me...is Christina truly worthy of her handle "sexiest Forum member"?? She claims she has no idea how she earned it.....

Hondo
26th January 2007, 19:06
Yes, I know it's a scary thing to talk about and this thread might have been in the old forum.

But the beauty of this forum is that not only we get to talk and share opinions around the world, we actually might have the chace to meet in person. And I'm always willing to meet new interesting people :)

I haven't met anybody from the forum but you're right about the beauty. It has been an eye-opening and enjoyable experience for me to be able to exchange views with people around the world. Most all of you feel like friends. If the Harley and I ever do Europe, I'd have to try to look some of you up.

I have learned much. Thank you.

FrankenSchwinn
26th January 2007, 19:15
the internet is not a reality.... so i would never meet any one from this forum, that'd be weird!!

Donney
26th January 2007, 19:23
I don't know any of you :( , but there's always time and you never know when it might happen.

:beer:

J4MIE
26th January 2007, 19:34
AFF aka AFF
Mark
Pino
RallyBasher
NOT
Odykas
DonJippo
Tomi
Pentti
Daniel
Kakuke
Kabouter
GigiGalliNo1
ian959
Christina
Hazell B
Dave Brockman
Knock-on
Civic Boy
Storm and Mrs Storm
rat fan
Animrallye
Audimadgeoff
Kate and Fizz
Jaanus
Iain
Ibby
DC

Errrr... that's all I can remember, sorry if I left you out :s

Daniel
26th January 2007, 19:44
Daniel

You remembered the more memorable of the two of us so it's all good :up: :p

FrankenSchwinn
26th January 2007, 19:46
gimme my shirt back, you non talking to finnish women at bar of a scotsman!

maybe a Jaskan Special will jolt your memory! (still got that picture? i want to see it)

AFF aka AFF
Mark
Pino
RallyBasher
NOT
Odykas
DonJippo
Tomi
Pentti
Daniel
Kakuke
Kabouter
GigiGalliNo1
ian959
Christina
Hazell B
Dave Brockman
Knock-on
Civic Boy
Storm and Mrs Storm
rat fan
Animrallye
Audimadgeoff
Kate and Fizz
Jaanus
Iain
Ibby
DC

SOD
26th January 2007, 19:46
Roselady3
tstran
Peter Olivola
yellowcardude
markG
Cindy_al
Hoss Ghoul

& Paddy Cummins

if i forgot someone, my apologies :D

jens
26th January 2007, 19:47
I've met no-one I'm afraid. At least those, whom I've noticed on this forum. :p .

Hazell B
26th January 2007, 19:47
Loads.
I've been lucky, being close enough to everyone as the UK is not exactly large.

schmenke
26th January 2007, 20:57
AFF aka AFF
Mark
Pino
RallyBasher
NOT
Odykas
DonJippo
Tomi
Pentti
Daniel
Kakuke
Kabouter
GigiGalliNo1
ian959
Christina
Hazell B
Dave Brockman
Knock-on
Civic Boy
Storm and Mrs Storm
rat fan
Animrallye
Audimadgeoff
Kate and Fizz
Jaanus
Iain
Ibby
DC

You slut! :p :

Daniel
26th January 2007, 21:20
Me

PhilR
Jaster
Kuzza
Christina
DaveCalibra
Rollo
Incrimin8r
Jimbo
Ian959
AFF
Mark
Pino
RallyBasher
DonJippo
Tomi
Kakuke
Kabouter
Kate and Fizz
Jaanus
FrankenSchwinn + Mum + G/F
Karen
Bebee
TheOriginalSilentLurker (Can't remember if that's his forum name or not :crazy: )
ProRally

Caroline :D

EuroTroll
26th January 2007, 21:26
Good Lord. :s Is one to infer that FrankenSchwinn (whom I've always considered a complete idiot) is the same person as TheDude (whom I and many others have always considered a really cool and swell guy)? :s

Sends shivers down one's spine, that thought does. :s

A.F.F.
26th January 2007, 21:31
Good Lord. :s Is one to infer that FrankenSchwinn (whom I've always considered a complete idiot) is the same person as TheDude (whom I and many others have always considered a really cool and swell guy)? :s

Sends shivers down one's spine, that thought does. :s

The force is strong with you.

CarlMetro
26th January 2007, 22:54

:wave: ;(

Fortunate enough to have met loads on here so far, most of them from over here though, with one or two exceptions.

Ian McC
26th January 2007, 23:16
I have met Hazell, after that everyone else pales into insignificance! :D

tannat
26th January 2007, 23:27
I discovered that Alexamateo lives about 10 minutes away from me, but we've not met...

Alexamateo
27th January 2007, 00:13
I discovered that Alexamateo lives about 10 minutes away from me, but we've not met...

We've also got kids the about the same age, so maybe we'll meet this spring.

I also discoverd Chris R is in the same business (Nursery trees and shrubs, as is Hazell B!), so we might catch up at a trade show. I also would hire Mark in Oshawa to haul some loads for me, but because he's Canadian, he can't pickup and deliver in the US :( . Oh well.

speedy king
27th January 2007, 00:17
I've met btracer, Delusional

And now for my stalking time.... :p : I have SEEN :p : Iain (a few times :s ), CarlMetro and Oliver at Paddock Hill bend a bit firther along...Hazell B at the same time and there's someone else too i sware.... :s

walrus81
27th January 2007, 00:30
I've met Daniel and Monaro Doorslammer AKA DaveCalibra. I've known Rollo since before I registered.

walrus81
27th January 2007, 00:32
I already knew Rollo when I registered. Since then, I've met Daniel and Manaro Doorslammer AKA DaveCalibra.

Christina
27th January 2007, 02:58
hmm.. let me see.. i dont think i can remember who i've met. Most of them were at rallies last year, so in finland i met:

Pino and his lovely wife
J4mie
Pentti
AFF
Puddlejumper
Don Jippo
Tomi
I think i might have momentarily met Kakuke also..

Then around about and at different intervals i've also met:

Rollo
Daniel
ShirtHunter (jimbo? what is your name on here? i think that's right..)
Ian 959 - and i will be very sad not to have shouted conversations with you across the rally aus service park :(
Bebee

umm.. that's all i can think of, but i'm sure i met more people on my travels.. I was spotted by someone in Germany i'm sure of it. Oh! and this year i shall be invading finland again with the help of Artep. :D those rally drivers had better watch out!

tinchote
27th January 2007, 05:40
tinchote

Me too! ;) :D

It was a nice chat in Calgary with Schmenke a couple years ago.

Last year I also met Pino at Copenhaguen. Nice Italian pizza, but not his! :mad: ;)

oily oaf
27th January 2007, 12:11
I spent a delightful and diverting evening with Eki after he cordially invited me to the annual Reindeer Appreciation Society dinner and dance :)

As we took our partners and glided around the dance floor my heart skipped a beat as I saw the beautiful creature that Eki held in his arms.
Her coat was silken and glistening, her antlers proud and majestic and the little bell around her neck tinkled alluringly as she cavorted round the floor :o

I knew from that moment that I had to make her mine so I slipped a powerful sleeping draught into Eki's moose milk daiquiri and as soon as the Scandinavian lummox was unconscious I bore her away to my hotel in downtown Helsinki for a night of four legged fun and frolics.

Tragically our love was doomed as I discovered when I opened the hotel door to room service later that fateful night :(

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1832505

Ian McC
27th January 2007, 12:29
I didn't think you were allowed out after dark Oily?

wacked
27th January 2007, 12:33
hmm i have met

Storm
Odykas
Fleur

Eki
27th January 2007, 12:37
I have met Hazell, after that everyone else pales into insignificance! :D
You should change your name to I(an)M(cC)etHazellB.

Eki
27th January 2007, 12:42
I didn't think you were allowed out after dark Oily?
The annual Reindeer Appreciation Society dinner and dance are held in mid-summer when it's 24 hours sunlight.

Ian McC
27th January 2007, 12:47
You should change your name to I(an)M(cC)etHazellB.

You have been hanging out with Oily too much :p :

Hazell B
27th January 2007, 15:56
CarlMetro and Oliver at Paddock Hill bend a bit firther along...Hazell B at the same time ...

I wish we'd known at the time, I'd have liked to meet you.

Eki - :laugh:
If I ever change my screen name, it will be to Ekifan after that!

Gannex
27th January 2007, 17:30
I've met no one, sadly. But I'll gladly buy any forumer a pint at the British Grand Prix. That's my only opportunity, I guess, for meeting any of you folks, since I don't go to rallies.

Hazell B
27th January 2007, 17:48
.... I don't go to rallies.

Neither do I.
I've met everyone either via just meeting them (as you do, in the real world) or at Touring cars. Get yourself to Oulton my friend :)

Gannex
27th January 2007, 21:17
To Oulton! And beyond!

nicemms
27th January 2007, 22:00
Or Croft! Thats my nearest circuit.

Gannex, your probably the nearest forumer to me.(I live near Wakefield). Anyone nearer?

MadCat
27th January 2007, 22:07
I've met 306Cosworth loads of times. He comes up here regularly to see his girlfriend.

viper_man
27th January 2007, 22:50
I have met Bezza loads of times, used to live in the same place when I was at Preston Uni. Legend :up:

How good would it be if there was a big forum meet arranged in the South of France one summer or something.

Hazell B
27th January 2007, 23:49
How good would it be if there was a big forum meet arranged in the South of France one summer or something.

You honestly think they'd let us back in again if we all left the UK at once? :dozey:
I say they'd take the chance to get rid of us all for good .....

Gannex
27th January 2007, 23:57
I'm moving to Colorado this summer, so I propose a US forumers' convention. In Colorado, of course.

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2007, 23:59
Well, I will be all over the US east of the Mississppi and perhaps west of it as well on occasion, so if anyone wants to leave me contact info, they can pm me. I know Indycool is going to give me a tour of IMS if I ever get to Indy, but if I have not driven everyone else mad with my posts, they can send on some info....Not making promises because I don't have total control over where I will be going, but often you would be surprised where you end up in my business as a trucker....

BeansBeansBeans
28th January 2007, 00:21
Mark, I could drop in on you next time I'm in Pickering. Just down the road from Oshawa!

Drew
28th January 2007, 01:20
I've never met anybody from here. Danny boy and Caroline live pretty close, but they don't really know what I look like, muahahaha :evil:

raybak
28th January 2007, 06:46
I've met

Shirt Hunter aka Jimbo
Rally Hokkaido
Fleur
Incrimin8r
Livewireshock
Super 1600
Tortfeaser

and probably a few others that I can't remember, sorry!!

Ray

LeonBrooke
28th January 2007, 07:28
No one as far as I'm aware.

But, hopefully, when I get some money, I'll be able to go somewhere interesting, and meet people.

Mark in Oshawa
28th January 2007, 10:08
Beans, just give a head's up when you are in the country eh?

millencolin
28th January 2007, 10:17
none...

Ian McC
28th January 2007, 10:47
I'm moving to Colorado this summer

Best of luck with that Gannex, sounds like a great move to me :)

Azumanga Davo
28th January 2007, 11:20
Daniel (as he said) and walrus from the Eastern States. That would be it...

pino
28th January 2007, 12:33
Acroair
A.F.F
Andy Neate
Andrea
animrallye
Carl Metro
Ciara C
Claudio Italy
Corrine
Christina
Daniel
David Brockman
Davide78
Daz
DonJippo
fizz
Funks
Hazell B
kabouter
Kakuke
KateA/B
Kitten Kat
Knock-On
Lizarking
Iain
Janus
Ibby
I met Meat Loaf
J4MIE
Margo
Mark
Mattl
nitromaster
N.O.T
odykas
Rallyman
pentti
Pino's Fan
PLF Fan
The ratfan
RallyBasher
Simokas
Storm ( in my dreams) :p : :s
Susy 1979
suzy m
The Dude
Tomi
tinchote
100% Hondafan (Civic Boy)

I've probably met more people especially when I visited Brands Hatch twice, can't remember their names, it was summer...and the beer was very good :p :

Iain
28th January 2007, 14:19
And now for my stalking time.... :p : I have SEEN :p : Iain (a few times :s )

Hey what's with the :s face eh? :p :

dyfi1
28th January 2007, 14:52

Hopefully next NORF bring up new acquintances.

It's your turn :)

I`ll be rolling off the Umeå - Vaasa ferry to visit NORF `07 , so see you at Jyväskylä hopefully :) . Heh, it`ll be my first visit to Finland, mutta minun puhun vahan Suomea :D

Hazell B
28th January 2007, 15:02
....I'll be able to go somewhere interesting, and meet people.

You think any of us go interesting places?
Think again! :p :

RaikkonenRules
28th January 2007, 19:08
Absoloutely no one so far. :( Still I feel like I've already met some of you even though I've don't even know what most of you look like :)

EuroTroll
28th January 2007, 19:44
Still I feel like I've already met some of you even though I've don't even know what most of you look like

Here's me, btw...

http://web-static.vm.ee/static/failid/276/Tonisson.jpg

And here's one of me when I was young...

http://www.eok.ee/est/sportlased/olympiavoitjad_ja_medalistid/1936_kristjan_palusalu.jpg

And here's me before the sex change...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/9/92/200px-Jenna_Jameson.jpg

And here's me before the sex-and-species change...

http://z.about.com/d/tvcomedies/1/0/_/0/-/-/Brian.jpg

:p :

A.F.F.
28th January 2007, 19:59
I`ll be rolling off the Umeå - Vaasa ferry to visit NORF `07 , so see you at Jyväskylä hopefully :) . Heh, it`ll be my first visit to Finland, mutta minun puhun vahan Suomea :D

Los excellentos :up: Let's make the most out of it then :)

Ian McC
28th January 2007, 20:32
Hey Studiose, which one of those is current? Depending on your answer I just might want your phone number :D :p :

Eki
28th January 2007, 20:38
Hey Studiose, which one of those is current? Depending on your answer I just might want your phone number :D :p :
If he's like the last picture, he looks just the type that might like to join and hang out with me and oily at the next Reindeer Appreciation Society dinner and dance party.

EuroTroll
28th January 2007, 20:43
Hey Studiose, which one of those is current? Depending on your answer I just might want your phone number

Why, the first one, of course. ;) It's +372 6227 653. :s ailor: Ask for Jaan-the-Stud. :p :

Sorry Eki. :p :

LeonBrooke
29th January 2007, 04:47
You think any of us go interesting places?
Think again! :p :

Oh damn. I'll have to search out the most boring places in the world, but oh no... even then I won't meet any of you because I'll fall asleep immediately! :p :

Storm
29th January 2007, 08:25
I have met -

Y!man/Jefe - quite a few times :s
odykas :evil:
Liquifier
wacked
Mark
Knock-On (and I live to tell the tale too!)
Fizzicist & Kate
Hazell B
J4mie & Rallybasher :up:
Robinho
Iain (we didnt speak but I have seen him)
Daz
Mario da Costa

Knock-on
29th January 2007, 10:00
I have met -

That's only because I was on my best behaviour as Mrs S was there.

Did I have any shoes on?

Ian McC
29th January 2007, 20:52
Is Iain some sort of shadowy figure, it seems he is seen a lot but never spoken too! :D

Eki
29th January 2007, 21:09
Is Iain some sort of shadowy figure, it seems he is seen a lot but never spoken too! :D
I have been suspecting that Ian McC is Iain without an extra I or Iain is Ian McC with an extra I but without an M and two Cs.

RaikkonenRules
29th January 2007, 21:18

Think Ian wants it to be the muscle man pic :p :

Ian McC
29th January 2007, 21:28
I have been suspecting that Ian McC is Iain without an extra I or Iain is Ian McC with an extra I but without an M and two Cs.

Well one thing is for sure Eki, we are never seen in the same place :D

Eki
29th January 2007, 21:34
Well one thing is for sure Eki, we are never seen in the same place :D
So it's like me and Erki? We're never even seen in the same country.

Storm
30th January 2007, 05:56
That's only because I was on my best behaviour as Mrs S was there.

Did I have any shoes on?
dont remember, but you didn't have a shirt on :\

and you may have been on your best behaviour as the Kitten Kat was there as well :p : (sorry to have missed her in the last post)

Iain
30th January 2007, 07:31

If only I was a shadowy figure, I'd get away with a lot more!

I counted it up roughly last night and I've met well over 70 forumers over the past 5 and a half years. :eek:

LeonBrooke
30th January 2007, 07:35
If only I was a shadowy figure, I'd get away with a lot more!

I counted it up roughly last night and I've met well over 70 forumers over the past 5 and a half years. :eek:

Wow.

Woodeye
30th January 2007, 07:48
I haven't met anyone yet... :( But it sure would be great to see some of you someday. :)

Eki
30th January 2007, 08:03

Have you seen him lately? He seems to have disappeared.

Storm
30th January 2007, 08:20
Nope I have not seen him even on MSN for quite a while ....might have to give him a call/text to check where he has been hiding.
He hasn't visited my city in almost a year either.

Daniel
30th January 2007, 08:31
I haven't met anyone yet... :( But it sure would be great to see some of you someday. :)
Go to NORF. You can't move without seeing a person from the forum.

Mark
30th January 2007, 08:41

It's probably about the same number for me, if I'd attempted to list them all I'd doubtless miss out loads :s

Dave B
30th January 2007, 17:36
That's exactly why I'm not listing them: I'd be bound to miss out someone and offend them!

But I've met pino, and that's what counts. :D

Brown, Jon Brow
30th January 2007, 17:49
I know that I live close to some of you guy's, but fortunatly I haven't met anyone ;)

Cindy_AL
30th January 2007, 19:24
Roselady3
tstran
Peter Olivola
yellowcardude
markG
Cindy_al
Hoss Ghoul

& Paddy Cummins

if i forgot someone, my apologies

Good thing you didnt forget me :kiss: ... Surprised you remembered everyone....though you did leave off one person. :uhoh: ;)

I have met:
SOD
Roselady
MarkG
Hoss
tstran
Cant remember if Peter was there or not :uhoh:
and the unforgetable Fred Bassett

There are future plans to meet some other members that I met on this forum. :D (that is.. if my life ever gets back to normal)

LeonBrooke
31st January 2007, 05:37

Wouldn't we all, given the chance...? I know I would.

Erki
31st January 2007, 05:54
There's a chance that I wouldn't. :)

LeonBrooke
31st January 2007, 05:59
There's a chance that I wouldn't. :)

I bet that, if you look deep inside yourself, you'll see there's a desire, burning in the core of your heart, to go to NORF ;)

Erki
31st January 2007, 06:08
So it's like me and Erki? We're never even seen in the same country.

Even when I'm not participating in a thread and rarely go out of my room, I get mentioned in an I-have-met-them-all thread.

Looks like I came to stay(and get stuck in your heads), I'm so irresistible. :s mokin:

And I really doubt I and Eki can be seen in the same place in time and room because I am not in Eki and Eki is not in me. Try explaning it to Eki. :s

And Studioass, why did you change that sex after being Jenna? And where did you put those boobs afterwards? :s hock:

Erki
31st January 2007, 06:10
I bet that, if you look deep inside yourself, you'll see there's a desire, burning in the core of your heart, to go to NORF ;)

Depends on how, who, when, why.

LeonBrooke
31st January 2007, 06:46
Depends on how, who, when, why.

What do you mean, why?

Woodeye
31st January 2007, 06:58

Been there every year since I was 6. That makes about 20 years in a row. It's hard to meet people there if you have no idea what they look like... :)

LeonBrooke
31st January 2007, 07:05
Been there every year since I was 6. That makes about 20 years in a row. It's hard to meet people there if you have no idea what they look like... :)

I can imagine going to NORF, having a great time, meeting lots of people, but not knowing who was from the forum...

Storm
31st January 2007, 07:18
That's exactly why I'm not listing them: I'd be bound to miss out someone and offend them!

:o How could I have forgotten to add Mr Brockman!
Perhaps the reason is that I met him for just 5-10 minutes and he was acting like a busybody media person (which he is anyway) when Basher was trying to get hold of him :p :

Daniel
31st January 2007, 08:31
You could arrange to meet everybody ;)

Christina
31st January 2007, 09:43
I can imagine going to NORF, having a great time, meeting lots of people, but not knowing who was from the forum...

I wouldnt have known who people were if they didnt tell me that they were from the forum and what their screen name was. I think i actually met people from the forum, but i wasnt aware that they were from here until i was told later on.

Hopefully i'll be there again this year! people will be able to recognise me as the blonde giggly girl with the massive australian flag :D

CarlMetro
31st January 2007, 10:32
Erm...........what is NORF? :confused:

Eki
31st January 2007, 10:38
Erm...........what is NORF? :confused:
It's only the second biggest annual gathering in Finland after RASDD. Besides, I think it should be NROF.

Woodeye
31st January 2007, 10:42
It's only the second biggest annual gathering in Finland after RASDD. Besides, I think it should be NROF.

... and what the h*ll is RASDD?

DonJippo
31st January 2007, 10:55

No NORF is the correct format.

CarlMetro
31st January 2007, 11:01
... and what the h*ll is RASDD?

Reindeer Apreciation Society Dinner & Dance ;)

Christina
31st January 2007, 11:06
Carl, NORF is the Neste Oil Rally Finland. ie: biggest and best WRC event on the calendar (from a personal point of view of course)

Eki
31st January 2007, 11:09
Carl, NORF is the Neste Oil Rally Finland. ie: biggest and best WRC event on the calendar (from a personal point of view of course)
Sorry, I thought it came from Neste Rally of Finland. My bad.

Woodeye
31st January 2007, 12:24

Oh, that one? Well, then I understand... :D

pino
31st January 2007, 13:14

But I've met pino, and that's what counts. :D

The pleasure was mine, hopefully I'll see you soon again :up:

Ian McC
31st January 2007, 19:20

Indeed, looking forward to meeting a lot of fellow forum members there, of course, as it is fancy dress it will be difficult to know who is who :D

LeonBrooke
1st February 2007, 04:59
I wouldnt have known who people were if they didnt tell me that they were from the forum and what their screen name was. I think i actually met people from the forum, but i wasnt aware that they were from here until i was told later on.

Hopefully i'll be there again this year! people will be able to recognise me as the blonde giggly girl with the massive australian flag :D

Yes, but which one?? :confused:

agwiii
2nd February 2007, 01:21
I have met -

odykas :evil:
Liquifier
wacked
Mark
Fizzicist & Kate
Hazell B
J4mie & Rallybasher :up:
Robinho
Iain (we didnt speak but I have seen him)
Daz
Mario da Costa

I have been invited to visit the UK and conduct some special training at several Dojos. I am hoping to be able to meet some members from this forum, and possibly invite them to the Dojo. I will post details when they are available.

Hotbikerchic33
2nd February 2007, 08:11
haven't met anyone off here yet then ive only just joined afew days ago! but i did meet my boyfriend on line 7 months ago! and its going very well between us! :love: