PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Hacking to replace John Hopkins at Laguna Seca

ChrisS
10th July 2008, 16:04
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/166004-0/hacking_gets_kawasaki_nod_for_laguna.html

He is too old for this to be anything else than an one time thing. He is the best of the rest this year at AMA. It will be interesting to see what he does

Wim_Impreza
10th July 2008, 18:39
I am a bit disappointed now. I think Roger Lee Hayden was a much better choice, he did very well last year with the Kawasaki in Laguna Seca.

Anaway, if Hacking is able to see the finish, he will score points comparing to the poor quantity of bikes this year.

jim mcglinchey
10th July 2008, 19:51
Jamie who?

jonny hurlock
10th July 2008, 21:07
Jamie who?

me too? btw who gonna replace hopper at the Sachsenring, i'm guessing its Olivier Jacque?

maxu05
10th July 2008, 21:30
No replacement for Hopper this weekend. Westy will go it alone.

fatman
10th July 2008, 21:46
Roger Lee Hayden probably would have gotten the ride if he wasn't broken in pieces. I think the list of his injuries include a broken back, broken pelvis and a nearly amputated finger.

Roby44
10th July 2008, 22:00

Not totally alone, I have afriend going who will cheer him on for me!! :)

But Yes I do understand your post, just being silly. ;) Its Friday..what can I say!!

ChrisS
10th July 2008, 22:02
I am a bit disappointed now. I think Roger Lee Hayden was a much better choice, he did very well last year with the Kawasaki in Laguna Seca.

Anaway, if Hacking is able to see the finish, he will score points comparing to the poor quantity of bikes this year.

Roger crashed on the 2nd round of AMA this season he lost his finger and was out since then. He is trying to make it buck for Laguna but he may not be 100%. No way he was a better choice.

In any case last year Michelin riders were having major problems, and Hopkins and Nicky Hayden went out at the start. Unless something major happens in this years race a repeat of last years result seems unlikely.

leopard
11th July 2008, 07:33
Jamie who?

I think him a car man.

btw, Supposing he is to be in place of hopper, I hope he can have decent performance riding bike. :)

AndyRAC
11th July 2008, 07:42

Can't say I'm surprised. Kawasaki are one of the teams who never seem totally committed to racing. Only 2 works bikes, no satellite team, and now no replacement for Hopper. Then a 'unsuccessful' racer for Laguna Seca.

neninja
11th July 2008, 10:10
Then a 'unsuccessful' racer for Laguna Seca.

What an ill informed comment - do you actually follow bike racing?

Jamie Hacking's won 3 AMA Supersport and Superstock titles. He's also won more 600 races at Laguna that any other rider and is second in the all time 600 wins table behind Miguel Du Hamel.

In 2006 Hacking's Laguna Seca Supersport fastest race lap was actually faster than all the fastest Superbike lap times - now that's impressive.

He's had 6 AMA Superbike podiums this year and comes off the back of 2 Superbike 2nd place finishes at Miller.

So he's an "in-form" rider who blitzes Laguna Seca - sounds like a good choice to ride the GP bike there to me

Roby44
11th July 2008, 10:45
Won 600 races at Laguna!! Wow... :eek:

I can't recall hearing his name ever though.. :confused:

Is he old though?? I have no idea as to his age..

What is considered to be "old" in the racing / biking world..

Surely if he can still mix it out there on the track he should be still out there.. Or is that "girl" logic!!

leopard
11th July 2008, 11:08

What is considered to be "old" in the racing / biking world..

Surely if he can still mix it out there on the track he should be still out there.. Or is that "girl" logic!!

I think age is not the only parameter, we can find out riders some of which great when they were young but some of which also great when they are coming to their maturity.

You can rest assured he is faaar younger than you ;)

Roby44
11th July 2008, 11:17
I think age is not the only parameter, we can find out riders some of which great when they were young but some of which also great when they are coming to their maturity.

You can rest assured he is faaar younger than you ;)

I went and googled,as you do,and you are right!!He is younger than me!! :(

How did you know that!!! :eek:

leopard
11th July 2008, 11:24
How did you know that!!! :eek:

Basic Instinct ;)

just random guess don't take it too serious, simply like guessing him is younger than me too. :)

Roby44
11th July 2008, 12:16
Basic Instinct ;)

just random guess don't take it too serious, simply like guessing him is younger than me too. :)

Basic Instinct.. Good name for a movie!!!

I didn't take it seriously....so don't worry.

Besides the people I work with would tell you that nearly everyone on earth is younger than me!!

Little buggers they are ! :p

neninja
11th July 2008, 15:20

2nd in the league table of total number of 600cc Supersport race wins

Rather than winning 600 races at Laguna Seca

He's 37 and was born in the UK but moved to the US as a boy

leopard
14th July 2008, 07:55
Basic Instinct.. Good name for a movie!!!
I didn't take it seriously....so don't worry.
Besides the people I work with would tell you that nearly everyone on earth is younger than me!!
Little buggers they are ! :p

Sorry if I am right. ;)

btw. the appearance of Jamie in lieu of injured Hopkins may rule out speculation that Kawasaki has offered the vacant seat to Melandri. They may actually consider this Melandri's placement a try-out before trying him fully in team next season.

Roby44
16th July 2008, 08:54
[quote="leopardsleeping"]Sorry if I am right. ;)

/quote]

Not your fault that I may be older than Jamie.........Its my parents!!! :p They should have married later in life or "waited"..a while longer to have children......

Roby44
16th July 2008, 08:54
Sorry if I am right. ;)

Not your fault that I may be older than Jamie.........Its my parents!!! :p They should have married later in life or "waited"..a while longer to have children......

leopard
16th July 2008, 09:53

You may want to blame your destiny ... ;)

Roby44
16th July 2008, 21:39
You may want to blame your destiny ... ;)

;) Maybe

leopard
18th July 2008, 10:26
;) Maybe
No problem, everyone has biggest regret ;)

Roby44
18th July 2008, 10:38
MIne is not taking advantage when Valentino was on the same plane as me coming to Australia from Malaysia..... :rolleyes:

maxu05
18th July 2008, 10:56
If Roby was on the plane, you would have to have been sedated.
Wow, just realised that I have surpassed 5,000 posts. It seems like only yesterday that I got mixed up with this forum. Nothing has changed though, I am still as mad as a March Hare.

leopard
18th July 2008, 10:56
MIne is not taking advantage when Valentino was on the same plane as me coming to Australia from Malaysia..... :rolleyes:

Are you sure he was Valentino Rossi, and not this guy (http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/04/25/3397_local-news.html) :)

Roby44
18th July 2008, 10:57
If Roby was on the plane, you would have to have been sedated.

That is quite possibly very true!! ;) For his sake at least!! ;)

Roby44
18th July 2008, 11:01
Are you sure he was Valentino Rossi, and not this guy. :)

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/04/25/3397_local-news.html

Yes very sure, it was the "real" Valentino. He was ahead of me in the customs line, and then at the luggage carousel, so I pounced!! Poor chap didn't know what struck him!! I got him to sign a picture I had been carting about for years in the hope of seeing him to sign it.

But he was on the plane, with NO escape!! :D

leopard
18th July 2008, 11:22
That must be great experience!.

But sorry, my doubt on your eyesight accuracy was because I see many of your decisions and opinions posted here are not objective. ;)

Roby44
19th July 2008, 02:31
That must be great experience!.

But sorry, my doubt on your eyesight accuracy was because I see many of your decisions and opinions posted here are not objective. ;)

Nothing wrong with my eyesight when it comes to Valentino, Dovi, Westy and Roby Rolfo!! ;)

I'm very objective.... ;)

19th July 2008, 03:14
Sorry to interrupt ...........but I reckon that if Jamie Hacking beats Ant West home at Laguna Seca as suggested by the lap times to date, Ant may have to pack his bags.

The Phantom
19th July 2008, 13:45
I understand the thought there, but Ant West has never raced at Laguna and it is a very difficult circuit to get a handle on. I wouldn't expect him to do much better than last, to be honest. Let's hope Kawasaki team management let this one slide and look to the next race...

T-D
19th July 2008, 13:57
westy had his best finish here last year--seventh. so, he knows the track. i acually predicted hacking ahead of west here when i saw that jamie had set lap record in japan and west had cracked his vertebrae. i'm thinking that may change though. west should outqualify jamie and run ahead in the race because of that. either way, its a battle for 17th place.

Mach24
20th July 2008, 00:00
And to think someone early on in this thread suggested Hacking was too old and was gifted the ride.

Shame Ant West shame!

20th July 2008, 00:23
I reckon that Kawasaki should seek an engineer and team manager the equivalent of Jeremy Burgess if they are serious about competing in MotGP.

NinjaMaster
20th July 2008, 02:14
I reckon that Kawasaki should seek an engineer and team manager the equivalent of Jeremy Burgess if they are serious about competing in MotGP.
They did when they poached Ichiro Yoda from Yamaha, the man largely credited for turning Yamaha's fortunes around upon the arrival of Rossi. I think Kawasaki need to get serious about spending what it takes to be competitive as well as run more bikes.

Wim_Impreza
20th July 2008, 09:26
Kawasaki is unfortunately struggling in other classes too. I think that West is much better in WSBK / WSS, that is much more racing (read: not much traction control and better races) than MotoGP. West showed that he is more suited to that classes.

I am surprised in Hacking, he is doing a good performance until now.

leopard
21st July 2008, 07:44
Nothing wrong with my eyesight when it comes to Valentino, Dovi, Westy and Roby Rolfo!! ;)
I'm very objective.... ;)
You might forget Toseland !
By virtue of your choices of objectiveness, I can't help to say that you have poor standard. ;)

Btw, I think performance of Jamie at Laguna was fairly good.

Roby44
21st July 2008, 10:08
But remember Ant has cracked bones in his back..

Hoper has a similar injury and he is not racing so Ant needs a bit of a pat on the back, albeit a light one with his injuries, for trying! :)

I'm sure they hurt a bit at times especially on that track with its twists. :(

Roby44
21st July 2008, 10:09
You might forget Toseland !
By virtue of your choices of objectiveness, I can't help to say that you have poor standard. ;)

Btw, I think performance of Jamie at Laguna was fairly good.

Nope!! Not a JT fan sorry..

Although Randy De Puniet with out a shirt is a bit of ok.. ;)

leopard
21st July 2008, 10:44
Nope!! Not a JT fan sorry..

Although Randy De Puniet with out a shirt is a bit of ok.. ;)
How can you say not a JT fans while you keep the moment of celebrating his title with the shirt off? :)